The problem with NOED [RANT]
[EDIT]: This is a 2nd time edited post regarding the issues with NOED from my point of view.
[Introduction]: NOED itself can be a very useful perk when it comes to end game potential in a trial. Combined with Blood warden, and Remember me can leave a devastating end game build. The issue I want to address here today is the abusive tendency the perk can yield in the hands of a killer that want to display a more... Unpleasant outlook towards survivors.
[What is NOED?]: NOED or "No One Escapes Death" Is a end game perk that activates when all generators on the map have been repaired and power is restored to the exit gates. It can give a boost in speed from 2%/3%/4% while all iterations also give the "Exposed" ability.
[Why is it an issue?]: Before it was buffed, the perk itself was utilized as an end game potential for any killer to utilize and secure a kill before all/any remaining survivors flee through the exit gates. The perk itself it not the issue per-say, its how it is used is the problem. While the perk boosts impressive capability's, it's more commonly used now in the hands of killers that intend to spite any survivor they come across. Now of course not every killer who uses NOED is intending this, some killers use it just to gain a upper hand if the match is not going well OR to help certain killers such as The Clown, Freddy, Trapper, or etc who require more help. These killers are primarily M1 killers that could very well use this extra help as they're more commonly not able to handle certain survivor teams that know what they're doing.
To say the perk itself is overpowered is not true, it can easily be snuffed out by cleansing every totem on the map before all the generators are active, as it requires one dull totem on the map to turn into a Hex totem. No, the issue itself is the stigma behind the perk itself. It's not easy to determine what killer uses NOED, so as such its impossible to really determine the killer you're facing will have it. But that fact alone can bring a team to its downfall as most solo survival teams don't think ahead to cleanse all dull totems. So as a result some survivors can be killed at the end for this mistake.
Another issue is who its in the hands of. In the hands of say a noob its to be expected that they MIGHT not have grasped the concept of how certain mechanics work yet in the game, as such the perk is a great help to support them in the end game if they are not doing well. In the hands of say a toxic killer this can lead to some problems. This games community has always had a issue with toxicity, and as such some toxic players will find a way to "get a reaction" out of certain people. So as such they will use NOED, Ruin, Etc to get such reaction Post-game. Of course this won't always go to plan since not every killer is perfect, so some matches itself will be poorer than others. But the intention itself is the issue i'd like to address.
[Possibility for change]: Now this is a tricky one. The perk itself has always been the way it is but never to this degree since the buff. I hardly saw it used unless on end game builds before the buff, but it was I've come to see it more often used among any player. I think of the perk itself like Ruin, its just very common place no a days. While its easy to correct the issue of Ruin, NOED is a bit more tricky depending on your team.
Perhaps the perk itself could be redone to have a lasting effect such as haunted grounds during end game. Or it could just have a one time exposed effect on whoever it hits the first time. The discussion for ideas is up to anyone in the comment section really.
[Conculsion]: The problem itself relies solely on the survivor team itself to deal with NOED, and I feel most solo survivors don't consider it a threat until its obviously too late. Perhaps it can be more common place to be aware of the dangers NOED can bring, but its hard to really say if they even have it. Its more or less a gamble at this point, perhaps there could be some awareness that it exists when the totem spawns (Like say all survivors gain the Exposed effect Icon) or something to that degree.
[TL;DR]: The perk itself is not the issue really, its just who uses it and the modern survivors that deal with said perk. More awareness needs to be brought to the community on its potential end game destruction.

Comments
Clearly I did since its calling out your point. "Who are you to tell someone else how to play the game they bought?" I don't I guess, I can't call out people who are being clearly toxic. I have no right to say that, I should just be a good boy and get demolished by a clearly broken build.
Yeah but the rules posted by the devs say you can't be an absolutely toxic douche to everyone without consequence. Meaning being toxic is breaking the rules, that's why most toxic actions are listed when you click the little thumbsup/down button at the end of the match in the categories. Using a specific perk isn't listed in those, is it?
Using No-ed is not inherently a toxic action, regardless of which killer they're playing or why they do it. Period. You just think it is because you don't like it.
It is overkill but they have no way to know before hand. Some games go super fast and NOED is almost necessary, other games it's not needed but procs anyway. I always feel bad for the groups where 1 or 2 of them barely make it to end game, but that's offset by the groups that blaze through gens and now I kind of need it to keep pressure.
If you need the pressure then use it. If you for example play fine without it than clearly you don't need it.
There's a difference between needing something and not needing something, but I guess that points never looked on.
No, I think its bad in the hands of people that want to be douches with it. If you have issues with pressure and or overall playing the game go ahead and use it. That means you NEED it to get better without it, its like training wheels on a bike, eventually we all don't need them anymore and ride the bike ourselves.
And no, specific perks are not listed in it. Does that really matter though when the person clearly knows it'll cause reactions when they use it though? And will outright troll because of it?
As a solo survivor main ...
Strong =/= For noobs
Kind of like how you keep overlooking the fact that you have no real way of 100% guaranteed knowing exactly what motivated a killer to use no-ed? Or how either way, need it or not, there's nothing inherently toxic about using the perk? Your entire argument is based on your assumption and you're using it to slap the toxic label on someone else and have twice now encouraged people to treat each-other badly over the perk.
You make it sound like I just call out every NOED user, perhaps I should of added that I know when they're intentionally being toxic when they display it post game.
You can also tell they're being toxic from how they play, if you're being demolished by then do they really need the perk?
Correlation is not causation. Because some toxic killers you've met used no-ed doesn't mean the default motivation for using no-ed it to be toxic. They don't have anything to do with each-other.
If they display toxicity in the post-game chat, you can report them.
How can they know, in advance, that you're a lot worse at the game than they are? Or do you expect them to swap out perks mid-game?
I never said you call out every no-ed user. I said you don't make any real distinction. You have never mentioned their behavior, only described them in vague, non-specific terms. You said before that this killer or that killer with this build and that build should never use the perk. You said it was okay under these circumstances, but not those ones, and you've never admitted to the fact that your opinion is entirely subjective and regardless of your experience, does NOT justify treating someone else like crap. You don't fight fire with gasoline, you use water. Report them when they're being legitimately toxic, don't tell people to treat them badly.
I never said the default motivation for using NOED is to be toxic... I said its clear that people who use NOED and are toxic (Usually by displaying it in post chat or in-game) SHOULD be called out for it. I'm sorry some of use can't be good little boys and just sit there and take it?
Obviously you're not reading what i'm saying...
Some games you don't need it, but some game you do need it. You have no way to know before the game starts. If they rush gens or just split the map then you are screwed as killer. You can't pressure in those situations.
You keep saying that, but I'm starting to think YOU aren't reading what you're typing.
Since when does that make me for example a lot worse at the game than they are? If anything it shows they're an ass by snuffing out any hope of survival in their match. And it strengthens the point if they also show this toxicity in post-game chat or literally in game...
This has nothing to do with my skill vs theirs, it has to do with their closed mind approach to how a match goes in their eyes. But I guess its OK it just demolish an entire team without a second thought while assuming you're good. This goes for people who out right display this, NOT newbies who need the perk or what have you. I still don't know why you two miss this point.
There's a lot of ways to pressure in those situations. And the same can be applied to having the perk itself, how would you know the games gonna go good for you or not...
Clearly I do if I keep pointing it out to you several times, do I need to continue this till you understand what i'm saying?
Your example was about you being demolished. You don't get demolished unless you're significantly worse than the guy you're facing. So, how's the guy you're facing supposed to know, in advance, that he's gonna demolish you?
How about you go back and read your initial post (Which is still quoted in my first comment on page 1) AND the edited version and show me where you say anything about killers actually behaving in a toxic way. Also worth a note because it's bugging me now, "Noob" does not mean "Intentionally toxic player". It means new or inexperienced player. Words, even slang, have meanings. If you want to call someone something at least don't make up your own definitions, it just makes things way less clear for no reason.
Do you understand the definition of an example? Its a scenario, I didn't imply it was a reality. Not everything I say is referring to me... Not sure where this is coming from.
The point still stands: How is the killer supposed to know, in advance, that they're gonna demolish the survivors?
I can't rewrite the title to say "If you use NOED and are toxic than you're an #########" since BHVR likes to censor bad words. So that's the best thing I could come up with. I can say you're a jerk if you want it to sound more PG-13 for the kiddies.
They don't? But what I pointed as an example is just that... AN EXAMPLE, is it possible? MAYBE... Is it common? No.
Your argument is that it's toxic to use NOED when you demolish the survivors, since you didn't need it to win, yet you also acknowledge that the killer would need the power of foresight or time travel to know if they were going to need NOED or not. Do you not see the problem with this line of thought?
Does douche get censored? How about jerk? Fool, idiot, halfwit, simpleton, blockhead, buffoon, dolt, dunce ignoramus, moron, #########, dullard, cretin, simpleton, clod?
(Apparently one of them did. Probably the least rude on one here, funny enough.)
I didn't know douche isn't censored until this comment chain came back up on this post, how would I know this?
So you're saying because of the possibility that their match might possible not go as I say, and turn out to be horrible, makes my point null?
No, I'm saying your point is null because they can't know, in advance, how the trial is going to go. They can't know, in advance, if they might need NOED or not. They can't know, in advance, what the survivors are going to do. They can't know, in advance, how good the survivors are.
You're essentially calling them toxic for not being able to see the future.
That and the fact that you're not a telepath and don't automatically know someone's motivation for using a perk.
So you want me to rewrite the entire post and title (again) to appease you or something?
Even if it's for noobs, still not overpowered
I don't think anyone would argue that NOED isn't a noob perk. Kind of fitting on Billy though since he's a noob killer.
I never said it was.
I'm just pointing out the flaws in your logic. What you do with them is up to you. You can either cling to your accusations of toxicity based on people not having the power to see the future, or you can try to see things from a different perspective.
LOL if survivors split the map there isn't a whole lot you can do to apply pressure. Not to mention like every killer perk is designed to apply pressure in some way. What makes NOED any different?
Clearly you're just a salty survivor at this point. NOED isn't that big of a deal. Maybe killers are being toxic to you because you REEEEEE in end game chat.
Can I REEEEEEE you?
You've been doing that this whole thread bro.
I re-edited the post. I hope its more level headed. Rather than a rant being hypocritical its more of a warning now.
I wasn't thinking clearly, please re-read the post and tell me what you think.
True, but those issues usually won't be fixed also till maybe like 2020 lmao. Jokes aside yes, there are bigger issues than NOED at the moment. But those issues won't really be addressed like most things until awhile later.
in-general whatever breaks takes 2 patches later to fix. Than that patch breaks something else, which takes another 2 patches to fix. Than the cycle continues.
How is it possible, wouldn’t you have killed everyone by the time NOED would even be if any use if you didn’t need it?
Its not an argument at all is flawed logic
Are you talking about the edited version that's currently up, or the older versions?
I tell all new players always expect NOED and always assume NC.
Cleanse before gens
Never heal in heartbeat
It was edited again with a uh... Less salty attitude. The perk itself is manageable it just depends who really uses it, and for what reason. But also it can be an issue especially on solo survival since nobody bothers to expect it anymore.
you said it your self. NOED is fine> @Lateral said:
how is a perk that can be removed before its even in use a toxic crutch? if the survivors die because they didn't cleanse the totems then it's just natural selection. also your attitude is disgustingly toxic and unneeded.
Real Life Scenario
I was running Pharmacy, Ace in The Hole, Urban Evasion, and Small Game in this game. I managed to keep a mental counter on how many dull totems I cleansed to make sure NoED wouldn't activate. Right when I cleansed the fourth totem, the Wraith captured me and hooked me beside the final dull totem. To my horror, the final generator was completed and the totem transformed into a Hex totem. Luckily I was unhooked and I was able to cleanse it but I could've gotten punished for cleansing totems since he could've camped to bait survivors.Lesson Learned? NoED should be threatening for both SWF and solo Q survivors... Not just one survivor party.