Killers who Camp are why this game sucks.
why do u camp and then laugh at ppl when they get toxic towards you. That in itself is being more toxic than the ones messaging you because u instigated all of it. Something needs to be done about camping it’s a no skill cheap tactic for killers who don’t know how to actually win chases or kill anyone
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Unfortunately, rank really has nothing to do with skill in this game, does it? Sad, really sad.
Still, camping is just one of the many griefer styles of play the developers worked into the game. They definentely did not brainstorm much before putting in some of this stuff.
How can you say that if Survivors enjoy abusing the game mechanics as well? I mean, I dislike camping and as a former Killer, I rather hunt the other Survivors
Toxic survivors and killers are why this game sucks.
I was elaborating. Camping in itself does not suck, nor is it toxic. Camping the first hook, is toxic and one of the reasons there is so much grief.
/s
Sure it sucks for the person being camped, but they don't matter. They should have did more to not be that person hooked. Pejoratives and rhetoric designed to make a killer feel guilty is pointless. No one cares. Feel free to do so in my game, i'll be sure and throw you a
and immediately close the game down to leave you to choke on your grief with no cathartic release.
Horse crap response. It has nothing to do with doing more. Everyone gets downed sooner or later. It is impossible to avoid ultimately. The fact is, the developers put a form of gameplay in that is very toxic and very annoying to other players. It is what it is.
That, and several other issues, are why this game can't seem to grow its player base. Toxicity is built into the game.
And if you're being CAMPED and you know what it is, why would you expect anyone to try, get downed, and also hooked? That rewards the camper and further invites your rage.
You got camped. It sucks. Move on to next game. Dont get mad that other survivors were smart enough to not come around.
Sorry, but those are exactly what killers are supposed to do. Kill, and ensure their kill.
Dont try to unhook a camped player. Dont try to lead the killer to others if being chased. Because that's what it is. Chasing. Tunneling is a made up phrase to try and make killers feel scummy about playing optimally.
No as killer you are supposed to play with your victim a little and let them escape
Those are legit reasons to camp. What i mean is, camping as a mainstrat and not going for the nearby players, but preventing the unhook. And if unhooked, going for him while ignoring others.
I think many survivors and also killers have forgotten how strong killers can be, if they choose to.
A hook and a nearby slug is a win condition. A hook and 4-5 gens left is a win condition. 2-3 slugs is a win condition. If killers pulled through they can win often thourghout a game. They choose not to for the sake of fun.
It's not horse crap. No one cares how bad you feel in your failure. You can stomp your feet, cry a river, throw tantrums, use pejoratives, demand compassion, all of which fall upon deaf ears.
This is the internet and more specifically a competitive gaming environment. People wish to destroy you in game, watch you suffer, and laugh at you afterwards.
It is true that no one is perfect and all will be caught at some point, but that doesn't entitle you to a pleasant experience in failure.
So you have to deal with it and make having that occur as little as possible your goal.
Dude, I play Trapper more than anything. I don't get camped...kinda hard as the killer. Stop being so one-sided and think of the health of the game as a whole. Hard to get new players in when they are camped and tunneled from the start, mostly by smurfs.
This community...wow.
pe·jo·ra·tive
[pəˈjôrədiv]
ADJECTIVE
expressing contempt or disapproval.
"permissiveness is used almost universally as a pejorative term"
synonyms:
disparaging · derogatory · denigratory · deprecatory · defamatory · [more]
NOUN
a word expressing contempt or disapproval.
A good word to know. It (pejoratives) are what camping, tunneling, etc. are. You are absolutely correct in why they label them.
If I see someone unhook in front of me I will 100% hit them again. I would be stupid not to. It's my goal. It's also the exact reason Borrowed Time exists. And why Breakdown recently came to be.
Now if someone decides to hit them down and then chase another, is based on circumstance.
However, if it is painfully obvious the unhook was simply a farm, and not any actual attempt at a save, the farmer gets it.
Also, killers can, and do win, a lot because of camping. Altruistic survivors make that possible. Any condition can be a win with the right and wrong people playing.
Fun, however, cannot be defined for everyone. Some killers (when i play killer) play just to chase and hit and not care about a 4k, but to be the killer. Some want that 4k every game and will do whatever it takes. But fun is fun for them. And if you're not having fun, (I dont mean this in a spiteful way) perhaps change up your playstyle, or what you define as a win, and play for fun. If it's still not fun, play something else. Not because you cant accept the game asis, but because if something isnt fun for you, why bother wasting time with it?
Your opinion does not represent "good" and what is best for the game. It's just your agenda placed behind a word people are familiar with. Much as mainstream scientism, a new religion based on pseudoscience, hiding its religion behind the word science.
I don't care about new players. New players are just new players. They are deserving of nothing more than not new players. One of the worse things a gaming company can do is offer protections for them as they will inevitably be exploited. I can list you dozens if not hundreds of games elaborating on that.
There are no sides here. You do not represent anything other than a person who failed at not getting caught and disliking that the person who caught you will not "let you go free, easily".
And that is pretty much par for the course. Sad, but true. You are too stubborn in your assumptions to see what is being done.
No, I'm just not buying into a save the children argument (the new players being the children) at the expense of free unhooks for people who failed.
Do you feel the same about looping?
If not, anything you say about camping is irrelevant
I dont think you get what i want to say. Camp all you want if 3 players are in your face. I am killer main after all, i know how ballsy they can be.
I'm strictly talking about camping without reason, since you almost always win (provided you are not totally outclassed by the survivors). You can try it out yourself. Camp the first survivor you catch and use him as a bait. Dont just facecamp, give the others some hope by circling back and forth, but ultimaly tunnelcamp. You will win >90% of your matches. The only survivors who beat this strategy is 4-swf in my experience. Since they dont have to waste time checking wether the killer is camping.
Now compare that to hard, honest work of gen pressuring and map control.
It feels like you're hitting headshots for half damage. Why even bother.
If the killer resorts to camping, that makes it easier for the survivors to gen rush. Use it to your advantage.
Just increase hooking time to 15-20 minutes. Then no killer will camp.
Someone's salty.
Camping only works if you let it work. When it doesn't work yes one guy's game is ruined but it's honestly a rarity. The strategy is weak so unless you're at a low rank (where losing really doesn't matter) or are doing something very wrong you shouldn't be camped consistently.
If you're being camped constantly try to play with the Kindred perk. At level 3 it will reveal if the Killer is near your hook which will let your team know not to come for you. It's also good so that your teammates don't abandon you on the hook.
If gens took longer/survivors had another objective, people wouldn't have to camp. Some people still would just because they like doing it and are trying to piss you off, but anyone who does it strategically 1) hates it and 2) wouldn't do it if they had another choice.
I HATE when that happens!
No, the design issues are WHY killers camp in the first place, unless they are just doing it to be toxic, which I would argue most are not. Most are just trying to get a kill in a high stress way too fast paced game that is stacked against them in every way.
Not every match is going to be super fun for every player. Just ask killers, lots of matches aren't fun for us. If you weren't meant to EVER die on first hook then you wouldn't be able to die on first hook.
Just because Overwatch has the ability to go into Overtime doesn't mean the enemy team should let you freely hold the point so you have a fair shot. That's not how competition works. That's not how video games work.
I will be the first to admit that being a killer main is basically like walking into and 24/7 Taco Bell with a sign around your neck that says "S**t on me!". If that's too graphic, it's like walking into a pro-wrestling match, getting in the ring and taunting the wrestlers. You get the point...
However...It's really obnoxious how many people say things like, "It's a tactic" and "Don't get caught". First of all, 'don't get caught'? Pipe tf down, you know that's the dumbest "advice", lmao. Even the best get caught, ok?
Stop defending it; you know it's not fun and you know it spurs a lot of negativity, just like teabaggers and people who will wait at the gate for 5 minutes just to gloat. It's literally the equivalent of people who say "it's just crouching bruh". It is what it is; if you wanna camp, tunnel or teabag that's fine, but stop trying to pretend you aren't contributing to this toxic community by doing so...
There's plenty of times when the game calls for camping/patrolling/tunneling---gen rushing and/or ruin got done in 2 secs (srsly, I spawn right in front of it A LOT), no kill pressure or kills, someone was really toxic, it's late game, etc...but face camping the first person you see is some ridiculous bs and there's no excuse except maybe if you're running insidious (lol) or it's someone who you have played against who was very toxic. Otherwise, if you do it at least have the balls to admit that you're being toxic and stop trying to defend it.
When I play as the killer, I hook and leave, I make it a point not to hook the same person twice in a row except in rare situations, and I always PIP and usually kill about 2-3 mostly because I give hatch to the last guy if I feel like they played well. Perhaps that's why it bothers me so much to see people defending it.
These are usually the same people who dodge a lobby because of SWF, or flashlights (which have been nerfed a lot and has MULTIPLE counters), or those who constantly whine about DS even though you can slug or dribble the person, or those who complain about Self Care, Exhaustion perks and/or Pallet Looping which have all been nerfed.
I've written a long enough post...
tl;dr: stop perpetuating the toxicity and think about what you can do to be a better player instead of resorting to cheap tactics and/or blaming others and lashing out or making pathetic excuses. I'm tired of hearing, "I only play like/say/do this because they do/say/play like that." It's a stupid, nonsensical circle of poo. Knock it off.
So why you still here playing this game then.
yeah I mean no matter how good a survivor is he/she get downed at some point in the game.remember tho people say killers are weaker then survivors even tho they faster and have deadly add on.
but really I feel like this game was meant for only killers and pro swf which sucks but it is what it is.
Hint, it's not cause the Killer is OP
I like this but how about the death bar doesn't go down till the killer is away(like the saying a watched pot never boils)but we need something else so survivors don't really fast unhook either if anyone got idea?
edit have idea after kill is far away entity surround the hooked survivor and there like a 10 20 or 30 sec cooldown before they can be unhooked,but in this time survivor can still try unhooking him/her self tho still 4% so yea
how that?
There is no defense necessary. We simply don't care about the person on the hook or how they feel. We don't care if they are enjoying themselves or not. We don't care if they get mad and quit because they lost.
You can label it poor play, bad, whatever you care too. We don't care. You will continue to be hooked and camped as the situation dictates and the only person that will ever have any bearing on that decision is the killer.
Welcome to the competitive gaming world snowflake.
Let's sum this up.
You state we should stop camping and tunneling.
We laugh at your suggestion and tell you not a chance.
Your move.
Delete please, double post.
sounds like you play this time much have really good perk setup or your lucky as all hell but whatever.I win some of my chases not all and sometime at start of the game killer is really close so I don't even have time to hide.tho matches suck.
The killers job is not to chase you and down you for 3 hooks. The killers job is to sacrifice you. It may just so happen that due to time constraints you get three chances. There are no entitlements to multiple chances.
When I do use perks, my loadout consists of Sprint Burst, Urban Evasion, Stake Out, and some random 4th perk I just feel like running, usually Resilience. Not even a top tier build. I don't use DS or SC as I feel I need to shower afterwards if I do
Now it sounds looks like both sides feel entitled to certain things. Survivors want to last longer than 2 minutes in a game and maybe exit through the gates. Killers feel entitled to killing all 4 survivors in every match. People forget that this game is meant to be fun for both sides, not just killers and not just survivors. I think I had a good idea: make the matches last longer. It would be more fun, but you probably don't want to have chase them again. Does everyone want every match to last only 5 or 6 minutes? What fun is that? I'm all for giving survivors other things to do to make matches last longer, but it looks like you just want to get your 4k kills as quickly as possible before moving on to your next match. But I think quick matches like that aren't fun, whether I'm a survivor or killer.
I still think it's a good idea. I'd like to hear feedback on it.
I run SC but I took DS out it useless perk and makes you target I also run Urban Evasion.
As a survivor, you are simply 25% of the team. If you are not willing to sacrifice 25% (AKA yourself) of the team for 75% of team to escape, you are simply a selfish player.
Only really bad killers do this, because it only works on bad survivors.
I'm really talking about killers who rely completely on camping as a strategy not a taktic they fall to ingame. You know those who camp immediatly the first guy they caught, and don't leave the hook, even though the survivors didn't give them any reason to. Those will never stop camping.
I doubt those are doing it, because they are victims of the pacing of the game. They camp, because they camp. And that is a problem, because it's one playstyle which devs have also consider, when designing the game. Which in the end leads to design compromises, which hurt the entire game.
But camping isn't fun for killers either. It's just done to spite a player who annoyed you. I don't mind camping if it's justified, but when killers just decide to camp for no reason, and make both their game and the hooked survivors boring, it's toxic af
The other 3 people had fun repairing gens and escaping and getting them bloodpoints but what about the guy who die
? This is the problem.