Surviving mains just giving up against Chucky. They want nerfs.

So I got home and decided to give Chuck a try. My build was haunted grounds pentimento plaything and undying. Hardly meta, but the survivors gave up after messing about failing to get sabos and saves. OK fine I get it.

This is on Midwich BTW. After the first survivor was sacrificed and another had afk crows I figured screw it, just leave. I had pizza. It was a Jets all meaty deep dish with turbo crust. And extra cheese.

7 minutes later, no gens done. I am still in this game it's been close to 20 minutes of them refusing to leave. I am afk in basement, they refuse to go.

Development team this has happened before. These are the same teams that were whipping my Artist and Nurse's ass a week ago. The 13th has not hit, there has been no rank reset and I'm gold 2 atm.

Make the killer seem like they overperform upon release. Get them nerfed. Continue to enjoy your easy game. I mean c'mon man Chucky just came out who you think you're going to face, Trapper?

Development team please don't take this obvious bait.

P.S sorry for the long winded message, it took me a while to write. I'm still in this game at the conclusion of writing and editing this post. They must be getting impatient, they're vaulting pallets now. I'm not budging.

Comments

  • Given what happened with xenomorph, they’ll almost certain get the nerfs they’re demanding.

  • @EldritchElise87 said:

    Its only been a day and im getting survivors that seem to have learned the distance you can turn with slice and dice enough to dodge it consistently, I am struggling to get hits on aware survivors when they are not animation locked, which idk if I just cant get used to the third person camera and hitbox, or learning how to mindgame around pallets properly with them, but I am not having the best of times tbh.

    The slowed scamper fels like in nearly every loop in the game its a waste of your power, and you'd be better breaking the pallet, by the time I have scampered over the pallet the survivor is close enough to go around the loop again, so again the only value i really geting is the occasins where im right behind a god pallet, its dropped with my power off cooldown.

    Which is not only situational, dont take much survivor brain power to just.. not do that which feels the same way with most loops, at 110% if survivors just dont drop pallets you feel like a short impotent lil bastard.

    But im sure itll be nerfed regardless.

    Yep, I’ve noticed that survivors are definitely getting better at playing against Chucky. Lol

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LYGI903TSV55/20231129-171434.jpg

    Sorry for the crappy image quality. So I got home and decided to give Chuck a F***. My build was haunted grounds pentimento plaything and undying. Hardly meta, but the survivors gave up after messing about failing to get sabos and saves. OK fine I get it.

    This is on Midwich BTW. After the first survivor was sacrificed and another had afk crows I figured screw it, just leave. I had pizza. It was a Jets all meaty deep dish with turbo crust. And extra cheese.

    7 minutes later, no gens done. I am still in this game it's been close to 20 minutes of them refusing to leave. I am afk in basement, they refuse to go.

    Development team this has happened before. Survivors may be a-holes but for the most part they're not stupid. These are the same teams that were whipping my Artist and Nurse's ass a week ago. The 13th has not hit, there has been no rank reset and I'm gold 2 atm.

    Make the killer seem like they overperform upon release. Get them nerfed. Continue to enjoy your easy game. I mean c'mon man Chucky just came out who you think you're going to face, Trapper?

    Development team please don't take this obvious bait.

    P.S sorry for the long winded message, it took me a while to write. I'm still in this game at the conclusion of writing and editing this post. They must be getting impatient, they're vaulting pallets now. I'm not budging.

    The only match I gave up since Chucky came out was the one where I got sandbagged from a teammate and the Killer refused to chase/injure/hook the sandbagging player. Simple stuff like this is far more likely the case than a kill rate conspiracy.

    Also Grade reset has absolutely nothing to do with MMR/matchmaking.

    Also 6 hook states and a death at 5 gens, and you wonder why someone would give up? They didn't have a chance to begin with.

    @H2H said:

    Given what happened with xenomorph, they’ll almost certain get the nerfs they’re demanding.

    You mean the Killer getting needlessly buffed from PTB to Live and then getting reverted to the fair and un-complained about PTB values? Also with the largest problems of Alien getting free hits from Survivors attempting to engage in the turret counterplay still being intact even after the major change timeframe?

  • @Gastongard said:

    I see it too, and I ve been playing mostly as survivor lately, and it happens to me as well, sometimes Im tired of seeing every match the same regression combo perk of pain res and pop, and the same tunneling strategy at 4-5 gens, it gets so frustrating and more when you are playing in solo q. I think the overall survivor side feels a fatigue from behaviour destroying survivor perks, giving nerf after nerf after nerf, and only buffing niche or situational perks such as that one from Renato, dont remember the name, who asked a buff for that perk?? are you kidding me? you have 200+ perks where you can only use 10-15 as survivor because the other rest are pure trash, and you buff one perk that was already OK, wasnt the best, but worked fine where it was. Survivors havent had a good buff in a while, and besides that the nerfs will continue coming, and you know how behaviour nerf perks, they destroy them and make them SOO situationals that no one will even try to use them. So to sum it up, in my head giving up so frequently overtunes killers and perks statistics in some way, I can only hope that helps to nerf some stuff on the killer side, and im pretty sure im not the only one that thinks in that way, because if it wasnt like this, you wouldnt have survivors killing themselves every other match.

    Edit: Also, solo q is trash, and it seems its always on the lowest level of priorities, so at least be happy to have those crappy game where you can win so easily, its the killer mains wet dream, instead of having good matches where you dont know whats gonna happen already at 5 gens.

    Edit2: Sorry for the rant, this game is so frustrating

    People are always so quick to label something "useless", "utterly worthless", "pure trash" or "night inviable" if it doesn't make the cut for the big 6 or 7 most strongest or even broken perks or combos. The game actually has a lot of viable perks, but most people are chained forever to the meta and can't fathom moving outside of it.

    While the desire to play with the strongest toys is relatable, this is ultimately a crutch, much like tunneling, that inflates your MMR beyond your natural limits. It good practise to sometimes try something new and abandon the meta and just play something you never fathomed. Some Killers and survivors can do fine perkless, so playing with one or two non-meta perks won't hurt, but broaden your horizon.

    Survivors hadn't had a cool strong perk in a long while, and then along came MFT, that many embraced. The unfortunate thing with MFT was that it wasn't just a "cool and strong perk", but it broke the game on so many places and made playing certain killers utterly miserable. Survivors who feel like this because of MFTs nerf have my sympathies, but that perk couldn't stay in its form and that it survived this long is beyond me. MFTs speed boost is now very situational and rather awkward to use, thats right, but you can still perfectly use this perk for its picking up utility.

    Eruption in its late form had to go for similar reasons and I don't mourn its passing. The new Eruption is way less impactful and niche, but it's far from "utterly useless" and you can build around it. Especially since its not met anymore and no-one expects it.

  • I generally main survivor, and really am not that annoyed by Chucky. Any game I have given up on was not due to any mechanic of the new killer and everything to do with "anyone can play any killer like utter trash" kinda vibes. If they were ping-ponging the hooks and tunneling, I'm out. Slugging with 5 gens up, I'm out. The line when "they couldn't get saves" makes me think this may have been more about camp n' tunnel and less about Chucky. You were also playing on the worst map this game has to offer and I have seen several Chucky players request it because the small sq footage and straight hallways make those lunges real easy.

    They were probably also eating pizza and waiting for you to suicide em out so they could avoid a DC penalty.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3597239#Comment_3597239

    Funnily enough, it's probably one of the most common conspiracies I see shared in this community lol people let go on hook for a multitude of reasons. To inflate kill rates is not one of them, I guarantee. I somehow don't think kill rates even need inflating.

    Considering someone in the thread was lowkey supporting it I really don’t think it’s a “conspiracy”

  • @pale_hispanic said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3597257#Comment_3597257

    Considering someone in the thread was lowkey supporting it I really don’t think it’s a “conspiracy”

    It's certainly possible some people play that way. In fact, I'd say given how many players there are, inevitable. On both sides.

    The idea though that there are enough people doing it to even make a dent in the numbers is where the conspiracy part silliness comes in.

  • @pale_hispanic said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3597257#Comment_3597257

    Considering someone in the thread was lowkey supporting it I really don’t think it’s a “conspiracy”

    One person claiming that the idea in general doesn't sound so bad doesn't mean there's a mass survivor agenda, which is what the conspiracy has always been. There aren't secret hidden underground communities full of colluding survivors trying to skew kill rates. Survivors have been communicating their dissatisfaction with the game repeatedly and publicly, and the reasons behind that dissatisfaction is more likely to be behind their in-game actions. In this case, it's more likely that they're sick of seeing Chucky every single game.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3598359#Comment_3598359

    One person claiming that the idea in general doesn't sound so bad doesn't mean there's a mass survivor agenda, which is what the conspiracy has always been. There aren't secret hidden underground communities full of colluding survivors trying to skew kill rates. Survivors have been communicating their dissatisfaction with the game repeatedly and publicly, and the reasons behind that dissatisfaction is more likely to be behind their in-game actions. In this case, it's more likely that they're sick of seeing Chucky every single game.

    "... it's more likely that they're sick of seeing Chucky every single game."

    This. I'm personally taking a break until at least the 13th. Then I also won't have Grades/pips to lose.

  • [Deleted Double-post]

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3596959#Comment_3596959

    It happens now and then, if you have ever played killer regularly you would most likely have run into this.

    I believe it's an mmr-thing. Back when I was a baby-killer I have seen it regularly - hell I started as a Pinhead main.

    These days it just never happens, even if I hard-tunnel with Skull Merchant.

  • Chucky isn't hard to play against, mostly just annoying.

    His perk Friends 'til the End needs an adjustment. A cooldown, a resistance timer, a condition, or have it randomly set someone as the Obsession every hook. So many Chucky trials I've wound up in as the Obsession with some ######### teammates that get hooked frequently, and every time I get exposed with the killer making a run right at me.

    This is not only an issue in itself, but since a good many players in solo queue haven't had their testicles drop yet, I'm most often the one (or one of two) working gens and pulling people off hooks while the rest crouch their way around the map or inspect bushes. Distortion gets chewed through fast, especially if the killer's running other aura perks. In many of my builds I've had to swap Distortion out for Calm Spirit in to counter the mass use of UW and various other scream perks, and since Friends 'till the End can cause both auras and screams, you're screwed either way.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3596991#Comment_3596991

    But it wasn't just Xeno, it's every good killer that drops, seemingly. It's as predictable as the sunrise.

    The theme is people being reactionary babies.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3597008#Comment_3597008

    I've only played a few (4 or 5) versus Chucky, and only one was a 4K, and no one DC'ed. I don't think anyone killed themselves on hook. Seems silly, you're not going to learn how to play against him unless you actually play against him.

    So people can't talk about their issues without calling baby, unskilled, noob etc.

    The question is who you are calling people being babies?

  • @FriendlyKiller said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LYGI903TSV55/20231129-171434.jpg

    Sorry for the crappy image quality. So I got home and decided to give Chuck a F***. My build was haunted grounds pentimento plaything and undying. Hardly meta, but the survivors gave up after messing about failing to get sabos and saves. OK fine I get it.

    This is on Midwich BTW. After the first survivor was sacrificed and another had afk crows I figured screw it, just leave. I had pizza. It was a Jets all meaty deep dish with turbo crust. And extra cheese.

    7 minutes later, no gens done. I am still in this game it's been close to 20 minutes of them refusing to leave. I am afk in basement, they refuse to go.

    Development team this has happened before. Survivors may be a-holes but for the most part they're not stupid. These are the same teams that were whipping my Artist and Nurse's ass a week ago. The 13th has not hit, there has been no rank reset and I'm gold 2 atm.

    Make the killer seem like they overperform upon release. Get them nerfed. Continue to enjoy your easy game. I mean c'mon man Chucky just came out who you think you're going to face, Trapper?

    Development team please don't take this obvious bait.

    P.S sorry for the long winded message, it took me a while to write. I'm still in this game at the conclusion of writing and editing this post. They must be getting impatient, they're vaulting pallets now. I'm not budging.

    I dont think it has anything to do with wanting nerfs, all though is strong and could use a few adjustments. Its the same exact thing as wesker, its all anyone played for 6 ######### months. Every match was wesker. Every match Ive seen has been chucky. I think they are just sick of the same killer over and over and over again they got burnt out. I personally dont think its anything to do with nerfs.

  • @Demodorkin said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3598406#Comment_3598406

    "... it's more likely that they're sick of seeing Chucky every single game."

    This. I'm personally taking a break until at least the 13th. Then I also won't have Grades/pips to lose.

    Yeah don't blame you. It's all Chucky in survivor games, but the queue times are too long for killer. I played a few games against the bots out of boredom. Went back to survivor for more Chucky but then finally got a Nemesis. Switched the game off after that so I wouldn't push my luck lol

  • People are just fed up to go against Chucky again and again and again and again and again...

  • @Seanzu said:

    Not that it's an excuse, but maybe they're just bored of playing against Chucky every match?

    I know there's a new killer released and everyone wants to play him, but VSing the same killer 10+ times in a row can get a little boring, it sucks but it's the truth.

    Yeah but even then if you know chucky is coming which is a pretty big license you can expect the same result as wesker. You just do it to yourself then punish other people.

  • Post in 2 months.

    ”Why are there no Chuckies anymore?”

  • @Evan_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3598499#Comment_3598499

    I believe it's an mmr-thing. Back when I was a baby-killer I have seen it regularly - hell I started as a Pinhead main.

    These days it just never happens, even if I hard-tunnel with Skull Merchant.

    I think that's somewhat accurate.


    Newer Survivors are more likely to DC or give up due to not understanding the game yet.

    Mid-MMR Survivors are more likely to stay due to needing BP or challenges.

    High-MMR Survivors are more likely to DC because they'd rather find something else lol


    That's how it's been in my experience. Really good players didn't bother against SM, they just quit immediately.

  • I think hes pretty fun to play against/as.


    What I dont like is that a lot of people use his Power to hard tunnel by just using m1 to trigger the BT of the unhooked survivor and then use their m2 to immidiately down them again.

    They should do something about that vut otherwise hes fine imo

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3598504#Comment_3598504

    I think that's somewhat accurate.

    Newer Survivors are more likely to DC or give up due to not understanding the game yet.

    Mid-MMR Survivors are more likely to stay due to needing BP or challenges.

    High-MMR Survivors are more likely to DC because they'd rather find something else lol

    That's how it's been in my experience. Really good players didn't bother against SM, they just quit immediately.

    But how can you tell that they were really good if they gave up?

  • @Evan_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3599048#Comment_3599048

    But how can you tell that they were really good if they gave up?

    Because I knew them from tournaments and because I had scrimmed against them before.

  • I get Behavior is trying to maximize sales with the Chuckie IP. However, he has too many advantages that doesn't scale to his true killer nature.

    1. His red stain size needs to be significantly larger that scales with a normal killer. His advantage is already his height, and he currently has a 3rd person FOV, so there's no downsize for being short.
    2. If you won't expand his stain size, then the killer FOV must scale to his physical size. He's a 1.5ft size doll, his FOV should scale to a 1.5 foot doll. If survivors can't find him, it should be similar disadvantage to be a short killer. Short Kings can't just jump into the NBA and start dunking, sorry.
    3. His lunge could use a minor tweak, it's basically a better version of Weskers charge or lower his base m/s to 4.3.
    4. Introduce a survivor with anti-chuckie perks or buff the ones that work against him, such as "Scene Partner".

    I would shell out money to counter OP killers just as much as I would do buy OP killers. So, Behavior get your ######### together, survivors are a 4-1 ratio. Would be curious to know from your data who spends more money, survivors or killers. I play both but at a 3-1 ratio (survivor to killer).

  • @H2H said:

    Given what happened with xenomorph, they’ll almost certain get the nerfs they’re demanding.

    Abusing Xenomorph's unlimited cooldown M2 was a good exploit isn't it? Ailen was broken they just added a cooldown, Alien was problematic.

  • @Avo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3598244#Comment_3598244

    Abusing Xenomorph's unlimited cooldown M2 was a good exploit isn't it? Ailen was broken they just added a cooldown, Alien was problematic.

    Yeah this garbage of trying to force some narrative that this was 'a demanded nerf' instead of a bug fix where there was literally no penalty is insane to me.

    It got fixed back to what was on the PTB, and literally no one complained about it during testing.

    People got used to not having a penalty for literally whiffing a shot and are lashing out. That's all this is (with Xeno at least).

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3601638#Comment_3601638

    Yeah this garbage of trying to force some narrative that this was 'a demanded nerf' instead of a bug fix where there was literally no penalty is insane to me.

    It got fixed back to what was on the PTB, and literally no one complained about it during testing.

    People got used to not having a penalty for literally whiffing a shot and are lashing out. That's all this is (with Xeno at least).

    OR there were people who wanted to see how it worked out at its buffed speed without the bug.

    Shocking, I know.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3601773#Comment_3601773

    OR there were people who wanted to see how it worked out at its buffed speed without the bug.

    Shocking, I know.

    Then say that instead.

    Because 'sUrViVoRs DeMaNdEd ThE CoOlDoWn AcTuAlLy WorK' is vastly different. Everyone should want the bug fixed in your explanation.

    I personally don't think there's any difference in the 0.2 seconds they considered adding briefly, *especially* not something that warrants the amount of crying we've heard about it.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3601775#Comment_3601775

    Then say that instead.

    Because 'sUrViVoRs DeMaNdEd ThE CoOlDoWn AcTuAlLy WorK' is vastly different. Everyone should want the bug fixed in your explanation.

    I personally don't think there's any difference in the 0.2 seconds they considered adding briefly, *especially* not something that warrants the amount of crying we've heard about it.

    People correct this assumption regularly. I'm sorry you've never seen it?

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3601638#Comment_3601638

    Yeah this garbage of trying to force some narrative that this was 'a demanded nerf' instead of a bug fix where there was literally no penalty is insane to me.

    It got fixed back to what was on the PTB, and literally no one complained about it during testing.

    People got used to not having a penalty for literally whiffing a shot and are lashing out. That's all this is (with Xeno at least).

    At least you could use JungleGYMs effectively against Xenomorph, but against Chucky everything is different, he just designed for anti-looping. Because he's so short, sometimes you can't even loop it at open pallet spots, when you try to hold w for to switch loops, he can easily catch up to you. He is a third person killer, so he can easily use checkspots which this is the part that literally breaking the whole thing "mindgames in chases." Killer mains nowadays are literally crying over everything about survivors including "Windows of Opportunity" :D

  • @Avo said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3598244#Comment_3598244

    Abusing Xenomorph's unlimited cooldown M2 was a good exploit isn't it? Ailen was broken they just added a cooldown, Alien was problematic.

    yes good let’s pretend there wasn’t a huge nerf coupled with the bugfix

  • @H2H said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3601638#Comment_3601638

    yes good let’s pretend there wasn’t a huge nerf coupled with the bugfix

    :D

  • @Hunkulese said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3596958#Comment_3596958

    Again, this is how survivors play in 2023. I had a Trapper game yesterday where I caught one survivor in a trap, they suicided on hook, and the rest of the team just ran up to me and gave up.

    I had a doctor game on the game where i let out a blast, saw a survivor below me, went down there, didn't see any scratch marks, went to a locker, pulled out the survivor. they insta dc'ed

1 2 ›