Blight Became the Biggest DbD Problem Atm

There is no fun when you know you gonna lose against him whatever you do.

Why S-tier killer allowed to have that strong add-ons. What is his cooldown, what is his weakness? Nothing.

How long we will allow him to stay in his unbalanced state?

Comments

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    There is no fun when you know you gonna lose against him whatever you do.

    Why S-tier killer allowed to have that strong add-ons. What is his cooldown, what is his weakness? Nothing.

    How long we will allow him to stay in his unbalanced state?

    Should this game be balanced around:


    • Top Tier players (top 200)
    • High Tier players (top 1-2%)
    • Average players (most players)
    • Low tier players (bottom 20%)
  • Skill issue,he is fun to play and play against.

    Use a word that people like to say.

    If you don't want to play with strong enemy, maybe you should not play to win,so mmr will help you .

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446600#Comment_3446600

    And...how exactly do you know who is SWF and who isn't?

    If you think the average SWF escapes in 75% of the matches they play, how low do you thinkbthe Solo Q escape rate is to balance that out to the 39% Escape Rate we know?

    I don't need to know who is and who isn't. Everyone, who is honest, knows that SWF stands at the top when it comes to balance. They always have and probably always will.

    If you want to balance the game around average players survivors, then you should do the same for killers. You can't say "nerf such and such on killer side" because the average player doesn't have a chance against it, but be opposed to nerfs for the strongest things on survivor side because the average killer cant compete against it.

    You don't even have to nerf survivors as a whole to nerf SWF. Just restrict some things when 3 or more players queue up together. They more than make up for it with discord. And no, this isn't punishing people for playing with their friends, this is balancing the game to be more fair for everyone.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446609#Comment_3446609

    I don't need to know who is and who isn't. Everyone, who is honest, knows that SWF stands at the top when it comes to balance. They always have and probably always will.

    If you want to balance the game around average players survivors, then you should do the same for killers. You can't say "nerf such and such on killer side" because the average player doesn't have a chance against it, but be opposed to nerfs for the strongest things on survivor side because the average killer cant compete against it.

    You don't even have to nerf survivors as a whole to nerf SWF. Just restrict some things when 3 or more players queue up together. They more than make up for it with discord. And no, this isn't punishing people for playing with their friends, this is balancing the game to be more fair for everyone.

    That's nice and all but the last stats we got say that you're blatantly wrong.

    61% average Kill rate, iirc. That includes SWF.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446490#Comment_3446490

    Precisely.

    We don't know how good basekit Blight is because WHY would you run that when he has all these crazy addons?

    Base kit blight is still good. Just makes a blight play much more safely because of no speed/ring.

  • @Roaroftime said:

    They really need to fix his rush so that he can't turn around sharp corners with it because I've literally had blights doing 90 degree turns around cars on haddonfield hitting me which just seems OP, surely that's a glitch and not his power?

    You’d hate to see the good blight’s hit 180’s. No it’s not a glitch. His power is fully designed that way. There is a peak look angle, and then a separate turn angle when you begin a swing. All you need is high DPI to utilize the full potential of his angles.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446490#Comment_3446490

    Precisely.

    We don't know how good basekit Blight is because WHY would you run that when he has all these crazy addons?

    Self-imposed challenge.

    When you become really good at something you enjoy, but the skill gap to your average opponent is so large that it becomes increasingly difficult to continue enjoying that particular thing, you find ways to handicap yourself so that you can continue to enjoy yourself.

    I used to frequently face Blights running only Shadowborn & BBQ, with no add-ons, during Blight's heyday. This was PC-only lobbies, where the survivors were always sweating like it was a comp match, and the Blights were putting up a serious challenge.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446604#Comment_3446604

    You’d hate to see the good blight’s hit 180’s. No it’s not a glitch. His power is fully designed that way. There is a peak look angle, and then a separate turn angle when you begin a swing. All you need is high DPI to utilize the full potential of his angles.

    Don't tell him you need high dpi as he'll assume it's a bug and ignore everything else you said. Alternatively to a higher dpi, just more mouse space.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446708#Comment_3446708

    Don't tell him you need high dpi as he'll assume it's a bug and ignore everything else you said. Alternatively to a higher dpi, just more mouse space.

    Sucks for anyone who dares to play on Console tho

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446708#Comment_3446708

    Don't tell him you need high dpi as he'll assume it's a bug and ignore everything else you said. Alternatively to a higher dpi, just more mouse space.

    no kidding lol. Yes mouse space for sure. Even with high DPI I find myself running out of pad, and I have the Goliath.

    I do feel for you console gamers. I wish y’all had better sensitivity options. Or better yet, mouse and key compatibility.

  • It's not quite the same but I use q and e at 100% sens for a few things and it's not too bad.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446587#Comment_3446587

    I meant to say why not nerf SWF, not solo-queue. I edited the post.

    You have plenty of videos that show survivors having similar win streaks, should survivors be nerfed because exceptional players know how to abuse the game mechanics to the extreme? If not, then you shouldn't be asking to nerf the mentioned killers.

    These three killers being S-tier is not a reason for them to get toned down. They're S-tier because competitive players choose them because they're the only ones who stand a chance against good survivors and won't get looped into oblivion.

    swf this swf that, you know that there can be people who are solo and they all are good at looping and wasting killer time? its not SWF its called=high level tier survivors who spent tons of time on this game. Can yall stop saying swf god it gets beyond annoying. I went against swfs who are a complete joke as killer and gotten teams who were not swf stomp me, for real people just love this 3 letter s.w .f my god. But no killer mains just want EZ games and no challenge so they wanna steam roll solo ques then complain getting stomp by swf which I doubt again its swf its more like raising mmr so high they get top survivor players.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/377964/blight-became-the-biggest-dbd-problem-atm

    Should this game be balanced around:

    • Top Tier players (top 200)
    • High Tier players (top 1-2%)
    • Average players (most players)
    • Low tier players (bottom 20%)

    I already told you before, stop asking questions i already answered. I know where you will go with this:

    "If we are gonna balance game around average players, then buff Nurse. If we are gonna balance game around top tier players, then leave it how it is."

    Yeah dude, sure but game balance is not that simple.

    Just remember, we all are asking buffs for Twins because they are so weak. But then devs explained Twins are monster at high mmr.

    Balance is not working like how you believe.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446490#Comment_3446490

    Precisely.

    We don't know how good basekit Blight is because WHY would you run that when he has all these crazy addons?

    Just nerf his add ons across the board first and then see if his base kit still needs to be addressed.

    But we do have a basic idea of how balanced he is without those add ons.

    For the first year or 2 of his release no one ran Adrenaline Vial or C33 and mostly ran turning, speed and aura add ons. Alc. Ring and double speed were the only bad combos, but they weren't that common because everyone ran turning to counteract his awful camera placement.

    It wasn't until they massively buffed Adrenaline Vial and top Blight players kept talking about how underrated C33 is that they ended up becoming an issue. And of course they fixed his camera bug so turning add ons aren't as useful anymore, freeing up an add on slot for double speed or one of the other busted add ons every game (also turning add ons mess with techs, so why run them now).

    So he wasn't really an issue back when people ran less busted add ons. So just nerf those first and see what happens.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446685#Comment_3446685

    That's nice and all but the last stats we got say that you're blatantly wrong.

    61% average Kill rate, iirc. That includes SWF.

    Do the state state the specific kill rate against SWF or are they just lumped in with Solo Queue? Do the state give details, such as if the SWF were going all out or were they playing a chill game, going for flashlight and sabo saves and not caring about gens? Do we have any of these details because if we don't, you can't say I'm blatantly wrong.

  • @lifeisstrange said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446592#Comment_3446592

    swf this swf that, you know that there can be people who are solo and they all are good at looping and wasting killer time? its not SWF its called=high level tier survivors who spent tons of time on this game. Can yall stop saying swf god it gets beyond annoying. I went against swfs who are a complete joke as killer and gotten teams who were not swf stomp me, for real people just love this 3 letter s.w .f my god. But no killer mains just want EZ games and no challenge so they wanna steam roll solo ques then complain getting stomp by swf which I doubt again its swf its more like raising mmr so high they get top survivor players.

    And not all Nurses, Blights and Spirits are high level players. I await your rant about survivors crying about strong killers since most killers players are higher tier players. Otherwise, if you don't like what I write, you're more than welcome to keep on moving and ignore my posts.

    But yea, it's the killers asking for EZ games in a thread about wanting to nerf Blight.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446732#Comment_3446732

    And not all Nurses, Blights and Spirits are high level players. I await your rant about survivors crying about strong killers since most killers players are higher tier players. Otherwise, if you don't like what I write, you're more than welcome to keep on moving and ignore my posts.

    But yea, it's the killers asking for EZ games in a thread about wanting to nerf Blight.

    I mean, he is one of the few 100% survivor speaking players on this forum. No point in interacting with him.

  • @lifeisstrange said:

    I will take blight over spirit, spirit is still broken and still need to have that that mdr ring and blossom looked at get a nerf to give an idea of where she is phaing, no ear bleeding audio queue is going to help and am not using head phones for just one killer.

    Blight over powering but at least he kinda fun to go up against in my opinion. Spirit is a god tier tunneler which will always feel terrible to face. I don't know why Pyramid head is consider the best tunneler when u can actually avoid his trails meanwhile spirit ZOOMING back to tunnel the unhook noisy injure survivor with blossom is damn near impossible to stop.

  • I find blight to be fun to go against. Otz put up a short tutorial video on how to go against blight. The most important part video is the part he talks about in 3:00-3:20. Although he makes mistake from position stand-point, that part is bread and butter to countering blight. its simply matter of denying angles and exhausting his tokens. you can do this on most round loops against blight. I still think blight is up there with gold standard for strength as far as killer are concerned.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    I find blight to be fun to go against. Otz put up a short tutorial video on how to go against blight. The most important part video is the part he talks about in 3:00-3:20. Although he makes mistake from position stand-point, that part is bread and butter to countering blight. its simply matter of denying angles and exhausting his tokens. you can do this on most round loops against blight. I still think blight is up there with gold standard for strength as far as killer are concerned.

    You know I learned most of my base game knowledge from otz and his hag gameplay got me into dbd. BUT everything he said about blight was mostly wrong until this video, he lost some points from me in that regard. But if that video is souley directed at mid level players then he was pretty much spot on the entire video.

    Biggest tip I can give people when playing vs blight is looking at the collision outside of the tile as that is exactly what any decent blight is playing off of.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446792#Comment_3446792

    You know I learned most of my base game knowledge from otz and his hag gameplay got me into dbd. BUT everything he said about blight was mostly wrong until this video, he lost some points from me in that regard. But if that video is souley directed at mid level players then he was pretty much spot on the entire video.

    Biggest tip I can give people when playing vs blight is looking at the collision outside of the tile as that is exactly what any decent blight is playing off of.

    sure I can agree with that. visually reacting where he is going to bounce and predicting his next bounce while maintaining your safe positioning is most important for facing blight. he is using loop to illustrate the depletion of tokens but generally you have to use environment objects that have no pallet to avoid his power while still maintaining the ability go get to next pallet/window from his fatigue.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446794#Comment_3446794

    sure I can agree with that. visually reacting where he is going to bounce and predicting his next bounce while maintaining your safe positioning is most important for facing blight. he is using loop to illustrate the depletion of tokens but generally you have to use environment objects that have no pallet to avoid his power while still maintaining the ability go get to next pallet/window from his fatigue.

    Well said.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446688#Comment_3446688

    Do the state state the specific kill rate against SWF or are they just lumped in with Solo Queue? Do the state give details, such as if the SWF were going all out or were they playing a chill game, going for flashlight and sabo saves and not caring about gens? Do we have any of these details because if we don't, you can't say I'm blatantly wrong.

    They are lumped in.

    Unless Solo Q has an unbelievably low escape rate that drags down the average to 39%, SWF simply isn't OP.

  • I was going to comment earlier and say that I actually enjoy going against him even if i can't remember the last time I escaped a Blight game, but i literally just played against a Blight and lived. Death hook and injured, but I lived.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446644#Comment_3446644

    I already told you before, stop asking questions i already answered. I know where you will go with this:

    "If we are gonna balance game around average players, then buff Nurse. If we are gonna balance game around top tier players, then leave it how it is."

    Yeah dude, sure but game balance is not that simple.

    Just remember, we all are asking buffs for Twins because they are so weak. But then devs explained Twins are monster at high mmr.

    Balance is not working like how you believe.

    Hmm,


    Sounds like you think that this game should be balanced around average survivor players but top tier killer players. Seems pretty biased TBH.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446763#Comment_3446763

    They are lumped in.

    Unless Solo Q has an unbelievably low escape rate that drags down the average to 39%, SWF simply isn't OP.


    If you want to take the stats that have been provided by the Devs, with no details, then Nurse needs buffs and Blight is fine being at 57% kill rate.

  • @solarjin1 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446373#Comment_3446373

    Blight over powering but at least he kinda fun to go up against in my opinion. Spirit is a god tier tunneler which will always feel terrible to face. I don't know why Pyramid head is consider the best tunneler when u can actually avoid his trails meanwhile spirit ZOOMING back to tunnel the unhook noisy injure survivor with blossom is damn near impossible to stop.

    Exactly I agree, at least with blight/nurse I can try anticipate when to avoid their power, the nurse still has her red stain even when blinking to you and blight can be avoid by doing patience curving. Spirit the queen of tunneling far worse than pyramid head.

  • @Sava18 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446765#Comment_3446765

    I mean, he is one of the few 100% survivor speaking players on this forum. No point in interacting with him.

    For better accuracy ask questions. I play killer 40% of the time to get the free daily blood points and I main wesker/trickster tyvm and dont complain about them like survivors do, I see you also fail where I say I dont have a problem with blight. If anything I like him 100x more over brain dead spirit.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446816#Comment_3446816

    If you want to take the stats that have been provided by the Devs, with no details, then Nurse needs buffs and Blight is fine being at 57% kill rate.

    Please answer my question before starting a new line of inquiry.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446937#Comment_3446937

    Please answer my question before starting a new line of inquiry.

    You didn’t ask a question.

  • "Unless Solo Q has an unbelievably low escape rate that drags down the average to 39%"

    Is Solo Q rocking a 10% escape rate and SWF a 69% escape rate?


    Because the data we've been shown hasn't supported the notion that Survivor is OP.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3447010#Comment_3447010

    "Unless Solo Q has an unbelievably low escape rate that drags down the average to 39%"

    Is Solo Q rocking a 10% escape rate and SWF a 69% escape rate?

    Because the data we've been shown hasn't supported the notion that Survivor is OP.

    The Devs haven’t revealed that information, have they? So we don’t really know.

    Even if they did, they’d have to distinguish whether or the the players in the SWF were casual or if they were going all out and using the strongest things they can.

    You can argue that a only a small percentage of SWF may be broke but because that percentage is so small, it’s not a pressing issue, and I’d counter with that same reasoning with Blight and Nurse, especially since the Devs did release their specific kill rates showing that, in general, they’re fine.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    There is no fun when you know you gonna lose against him whatever you do.

    Why S-tier killer allowed to have that strong add-ons. What is his cooldown, what is his weakness? Nothing.

    How long we will allow him to stay in his unbalanced state?

    Blight and Nurse are actually pretty much unbeatable unless all 4 survivors are playing perfectly. If one goes down and the killer comes back on save, the game is over.

    Those killers are so strong that they are completely unhealthy for the game.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    There is no fun when you know you gonna lose against him whatever you do.

    Why S-tier killer allowed to have that strong add-ons. What is his cooldown, what is his weakness? Nothing.

    How long we will allow him to stay in his unbalanced state?

    I would say he's one of my favourites if not my favourite killer to go against very fun going against a good blight for me personally

  • @HugTechLover said:

    You make the same thread over and over. Truly thinking blight has no counters destroys any credibility. He has tons of counterplay.

    c33 and alch ring need changing. His basekit is perfect and should be the example of a fun, interactive killer. Unless you’d prefer the majority of the roster that is m1 killers, that are just plain boring to play against. I don’t know how anybody finds a challenge in looping against basic m1 killers anymore.

    I would happily take all your blight games in exchange of all my m1 games. Atleast the game is fun.

    Blight will get his nerf and I think it will be very soon and hug teching will be gutted so hope you enjoy it while it lasts

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446685#Comment_3446685

    That's nice and all but the last stats we got say that you're blatantly wrong.

    61% average Kill rate, iirc. That includes SWF.

    it was a year ago when the killers had eroption cob and overch and the survivors hadn't yet learned how to use the new dh

  • @sanees said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446688#Comment_3446688

    it was a year ago when the killers had eroption cob and overch and the survivors hadn't yet learned how to use the new dh

    Yes, and now we have PR, PGTW and Surge with Killers like SM.


    Survivors also got DH well and truly killed off, along with DS. Med-Kits are nerfed, healing is nerfed.

  • BHVR is ultimately responsible for leaving his insane add-ons intact for so long. I'd like to think it's because they are thinking incredibly hard about how to change them, but they make changes to synergy, that with a small amount of playtesting they would realise is going to be problematic. So I have no idea what's taking so long.

    Nobody should be disrespectful to Blight players who run these loadouts though. As soon as you do that, then you are the a******.

  • @GannTM said:

    At least Blight is well designed at a fundamental level, it’s just his add ons need massive changes and if he gets the needed nerfs, he’ll be in a great spot. There are other killers and other things that are way more problematic and are so much harder to fix.

    True and real, though the blight in me wants him to stay as is...

  • @o7o said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/377964/blight-became-the-biggest-dbd-problem-atm

    He has many weaknesses. lol

    C33, Alch Ring, and Vial are really the only add-ons that are strong and need a nerf, other than that, it's fair.

    I don't get why people hate one of the most hardest killers to learn that's also the most funnest to play.

    It's rare you come across a good Blight like Array, Momo, or V1, most normally make lots of mistakes (also depends on RNG and survivor efficiency) so more power to you.

    Every blight I run into 4 or 5 gens the team I'm with. Every single one. It's not rare.

  • @jayz666 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3446400#Comment_3446400

    Blight will get his nerf and I think it will be very soon and hug teching will be gutted so hope you enjoy it while it lasts

    Hate to inform you that it was already said a week or two ago there are no plans to nerf blight. Only thing getting looked at is addons, and there’s no timeline on that.

    Also.. I would bet hug tech is going nowhere. Sorry buddy.

1 2 ›