I Love How Patch 6.6 Is Bringing Back Old Dead Hard

Thanks Blood Rush. You just broke Sprint Burst.

Comments

  • Lol I just realized, sprintburst > exhausted > blood rush into sprintburst > health state healed before the killer can catch up. Tho it will only work once per game so I don't think it's amazing

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    Lol I just realized, sprintburst > exhausted > blood rush into sprintburst > health state healed before the killer can catch up. Tho it will only work once per game so I don't think it's amazing

    Considering the immense value you’ll gain from that, I think it’s well worth it, especially when you’re on dead hook, where it’s most important to stay alive.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    Lol I just realized, sprintburst > exhausted > blood rush into sprintburst > health state healed before the killer can catch up. Tho it will only work once per game so I don't think it's amazing

    staying alive is extremely important and pretty much what differentiates lose and win, so it would be really good... as long as you won't get tunneled lmao

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    Lol I just realized, sprintburst > exhausted > blood rush into sprintburst > health state healed before the killer can catch up. Tho it will only work once per game so I don't think it's amazing

    DS was once per game and it was amazing before it's nerf.

  • Blood rush does nothing for DH lol if you use Blood rush and then DH you will still be exhausted when you heal your mend, Do you guys forget this perk only works if your healthy so you cant use DH twice which is why they made this perk lol

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3346847#Comment_3346847

    DS was once per game and it was amazing before it's nerf.

    DS wasn't 'amazing' before the 6.1 dumpstering, it was a perk that required the killer's cooperation to function. 9/10 matches it'd do nothing.

    Blood Rush will be way more consistent and less dependant on the killer's help.

  • The perk solid but probably won't see much play. Unless DH get nerf and sprint burst rate go up

  • The problem with the perks is, that its punishing players who dont tunnel. Killers now will tunnel right after the second unhook to prevent value from shis perk.

  • @DoctorMadness said:

    Blood rush does nothing for DH lol if you use Blood rush and then DH you will still be exhausted when you heal your mend, Do you guys forget this perk only works if your healthy so you cant use DH twice which is why they made this perk lol

    Thats why we talk about the combo Blood rush + Sprint Bust.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    Lol I just realized, sprintburst > exhausted > blood rush into sprintburst > health state healed before the killer can catch up. Tho it will only work once per game so I don't think it's amazing

    Once per game is enough for strong effects like this

  • This perk + adrenawin of the hook + your non dead hard exhaustion sounds very very very strong

  • Now make 4 sirvivors have same effect

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3346893#Comment_3346893

    DS wasn't 'amazing' before the 6.1 dumpstering, it was a perk that required the killer's cooperation to function. 9/10 matches it'd do nothing.

    Blood Rush will be way more consistent and less dependant on the killer's help.

    It's dependent on the Killer not tunnelling anyone with SB the instant they get off the hook.

    Which is the natural response to deal with this perk.

    Genius perk design, ain't it? Want less tunnelling = make perk that has tunnelling as its natural response. In the same patch as 'perk that gives the unhooker a 6s sprint burst and leaves the unhooked Survivor a sitting duck by comparison'.

  • yeah i thought the same,,this should never reach live servers

  • Excited to use Second Wind, Autodidakt, Sprint Burst, and Blood Rush together 💫

  • Killer Mains complain about too many DHs. BHVR releases a Perk which works with other Exhaustion-Perks and NOT with DH --> Also not good.

    Sigh.

  • I mean im not going to lie..I will probably tunnel anyone with balanced landing, lithe, overcome or sprint burst off the hook when they hit dead hook.

    Sorry but that's the only counter for this perk. I dont want a person with this perk active in the endgame.

  • @Entitled_survivor said:

    This perk + adrenawin of the hook + your non dead hard exhaustion sounds very very very strong

    have 2 perks that you dont use until end game is a good trade for killer

    Being on hook before the last Gen done with 2 perks are very specific situation. Thats only easier to work with swf…wait.

    Solo doesnt matter much. You may only get that special value as rare as using HeadOn to stun killer mid chase for other survivor.

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    Killer Mains complain about too many DHs. BHVR releases a Perk which works with other Exhaustion-Perks and NOT with DH --> Also not good.

    Sigh.

    Its only work well with Sprint burst which 2nd strong though

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Killer Mains complain about too many DHs. BHVR releases a Perk which works with other Exhaustion-Perks and NOT with DH --> Also not good.

    Sigh.

    It's not good because of how it can trigger and how its trigger can be denied.

    It only works if you're on death hook (effective if the Killer is tunnelling you or at endgame) but only if at full health (you can't just use it off hook). So the best way to counter it is... tunnel. And if it was usable injured, it'd go with DH! It's just... bad design.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3347409#Comment_3347409

    It's not good because of how it can trigger and how its trigger can be denied.

    It only works if you're on death hook (effective if the Killer is tunnelling you or at endgame) but only if at full health (you can't just use it off hook). So the best way to counter it is... tunnel. And if it was usable injured, it'd go with DH! It's just... bad design.

    I mean, I dont think that this Perk will be used. In general, this Chapter all 9 Perks are not really good. But I dont really understand the complaints - if people want variety and the Devs try to bring Perks which would give variety and people are STILL against it, this just shows that they just want Survivors to have weak Perks and not a variety of strong Perks.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Killer Mains complain about too many DHs. BHVR releases a Perk which works with other Exhaustion-Perks and NOT with DH --> Also not good.

    Sigh.

    Because obviously a perk that turns the 2nd best Exhaustion perk into old DH is great design.

    Groan.

  • She fills my heart with very special things with angels' songs, with wild imaginings she fills my soul with so much love that anywhere I go, I'm never lonely with her around, who could be lonely? I reach for her hand, it's always there.

  • @TigerSnake said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3347409#Comment_3347409

    Because obviously a perk that turns the 2nd best Exhaustion perk into old DH is great design.

    Groan.

    Old DH didn't have a 'literally only once per trial' stipulation.

  • @Hannacia said:

    I mean im not going to lie..I will probably tunnel anyone with balanced landing, lithe, overcome or sprint burst off the hook when they hit dead hook.

    Sorry but that's the only counter for this perk. I dont want a person with this perk active in the endgame.

    I don't think this perk works with Overcome though? Once Overcome activates, you're no longer healthy so can't use this perk. You have to be healthy, running, and exhausted to activate it.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3347452#Comment_3347452

    Old DH didn't have a 'literally only once per trial' stipulation.

    Old DH’s dash also didn’t last for 3 seconds. Idk why you’d argue once per trial means anything either, if you can’t see the immense value you gain from a 99’d SB at will, then I can’t help you.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3347416#Comment_3347416

    I don't think this perk works with Overcome though? Once Overcome activates, you're no longer healthy so can't use this perk. You have to be healthy, running, and exhausted to activate it.

    I just listed most of the exhaust perks that i see in my games, ( minus DH since it wont work with this perk ) but im sure sprint burst is the biggest problem so i just concentrate on them. Unless this perk gets changed which im hoping it does since i hate tunneling but ..yeah this perk in endgame would be horrible.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3347434#Comment_3347434

    I mean, I dont think that this Perk will be used. In general, this Chapter all 9 Perks are not really good. But I dont really understand the complaints - if people want variety and the Devs try to bring Perks which would give variety and people are STILL against it, this just shows that they just want Survivors to have weak Perks and not a variety of strong Perks.

    There is, unfortunately, a worst-case scenario with this perk.

    It'll get used and played with for about a week after launch, just enough to get a feel for how bad it is before moving on.

    But some killers will take it as 'i have to tunnel you off second hook every time, it's just the smart play' simply because the perk exists.

  • @TigerSnake said:

    Thanks Blood Rush. You just broke Sprint Burst.

    Honestly, i dont see this perk broken at all. It has enough restrictions to make it situational.

    I see it as a "escape one chase" card you can use once in certain conditions. And not even with all killers.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Excited to use Second Wind, Autodidakt, Sprint Burst, and Blood Rush together 💫


    renewal/second wind is definitely a good idea. Wanna come off the hook fully heal for show while running the new perk

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Killer Mains complain about too many DHs. BHVR releases a Perk which works with other Exhaustion-Perks and NOT with DH --> Also not good.

    Sigh.

    "In order to make eruption less appealing we have introduced a perk that makes the next pop goes the weasel regress 100% total progress on a gen, can only be used once a game."

    I don't think survivor players would have liked the above way to "nerf" eruption. They are clearly trying to shift more people away from DH like you say, but I don't think power creeping every other perk is a good idea.

  • OTR is better anyways.

    More so now that killers have an excuse to tunnel.

  • @TigerSnake said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3347462#Comment_3347462

    Old DH’s dash also didn’t last for 3 seconds. Idk why you’d argue once per trial means anything either, if you can’t see the immense value you gain from a 99’d SB at will, then I can’t help you.

    the difference is that in order to use bloodrush, you need to use a med-kit with red needle add-on because killers can tunnel you on final hook as blood-rush requires you to be healthy. The perk is being balanced around the notion of being able to instant heal over-time in the chase to act as anti-tunnel perk.

    The Sprint burst/Off the record/Bloodrush with med-kit iri add-on is obvious synergy but it is very forced.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    Lol I just realized, sprintburst > exhausted > blood rush into sprintburst > health state healed before the killer can catch up. Tho it will only work once per game so I don't think it's amazing

    2020 to start of 2021 Decisive Strike only worked once per game yet it was still seen as one of the best perks we’ve ever seen.

  • @Carth said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3347409#Comment_3347409

    "In order to make eruption less appealing we have introduced a perk that makes the next pop goes the weasel regress 100% total progress on a gen, can only be used once a game."

    I don't think survivor players would have liked the above way to "nerf" eruption. They are clearly trying to shift more people away from DH like you say, but I don't think power creeping every other perk is a good idea.

    It is not even powercreeping. You will need two Perks instead of one and you only have a very specific scenario where it works AND a way to counter it. This is why I also said that I dont think that it will find much use.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3346893#Comment_3346893

    DS wasn't 'amazing' before the 6.1 dumpstering, it was a perk that required the killer's cooperation to function. 9/10 matches it'd do nothing.

    Blood Rush will be way more consistent and less dependant on the killer's help.

    It was always an amazing perk before it got gutted. It was so amazing, killers had to always assume that survivors had it equipped, thus cooperating without knowing whether or not the survivor had it equipped. More often than not, killers would slug the unhooked person or just let them go, assuming they had DS, giving the survivor a chance to waste even more of the killers time by running to a loop or getting away, healing up and going back on gens.

    It was such a strong perk that almost every good survivor had it equipped. It security to finish gens in the killers face, knowing if they got grabbed off of the gen, they will get away. It made it easy for teams to escape and prevented killers from killing unhooked people during endgame.

    I would call that an amazing perk.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3347435#Comment_3347435

    There is, unfortunately, a worst-case scenario with this perk.

    It'll get used and played with for about a week after launch, just enough to get a feel for how bad it is before moving on.

    But some killers will take it as 'i have to tunnel you off second hook every time, it's just the smart play' simply because the perk exists.

    Because it IS smart play, exactly same as "waiting out" dead hard or slugging with expectation of DS lol

    This really is a problem

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3347416#Comment_3347416

    I don't think this perk works with Overcome though? Once Overcome activates, you're no longer healthy so can't use this perk. You have to be healthy, running, and exhausted to activate it.

    And on death hook. It also only works if you’re on death hook. So it’s not even as good as DH.

  • @Carth said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3347409#Comment_3347409

    "In order to make eruption less appealing we have introduced a perk that makes the next pop goes the weasel regress 100% total progress on a gen, can only be used once a game."

    I don't think survivor players would have liked the above way to "nerf" eruption. They are clearly trying to shift more people away from DH like you say, but I don't think power creeping every other perk is a good idea.

    The game full of power creep. Every gen regression meta was stronger than the previous one for example

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3347233#Comment_3347233

    It was always an amazing perk before it got gutted. It was so amazing, killers had to always assume that survivors had it equipped, thus cooperating without knowing whether or not the survivor had it equipped. More often than not, killers would slug the unhooked person or just let them go, assuming they had DS, giving the survivor a chance to waste even more of the killers time by running to a loop or getting away, healing up and going back on gens.

    It was such a strong perk that almost every good survivor had it equipped. It security to finish gens in the killers face, knowing if they got grabbed off of the gen, they will get away. It made it easy for teams to escape and prevented killers from killing unhooked people during endgame.

    I would call that an amazing perk.

    "It security to finish gens in the killers face, knowing if they got grabbed off of the gen, they will get away."

    How would DS allow that?

    It disables itself if you touch a gen.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3348348#Comment_3348348

    "It security to finish gens in the killers face, knowing if they got grabbed off of the gen, they will get away."

    How would DS allow that?

    It disables itself if you touch a gen.

    Before it was nerfed it didn’t disable when interacting with things.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3348559#Comment_3348559

    Before it was nerfed it didn’t disable when interacting with things.

    I'm talking about the 6.1 nerf, not the conspic nerf.

  • That is an interesting perk. I don't know how effective it will b, but I guess we'll see.