How was kill rate of 53% "below our expectations"?

By the stats that just came out, kill rate used to be a 53% before the big patch, and now is at 61%.

Survivors only have 39% escape rate right now, I don't even want to know what the % of that is solo q.....

Source: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/346830

Comments

  • @prion11 said:

    61% seems pretty balanced to me. I think the range should be 55-65%. If we go off of the system "killer win = 3 or more kills" and "survivor win = 2 or more out" this is actually great news stats wise

    actually too low, should be 110% killrate for ultimate balance

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190006#Comment_3190006

    Sounds like the perfect recipe for solo's saying F this and flocking to games like VHS or the new Texas Chainsaw game releasing soon

    VHS is at Death's door.

    TCM will probably do well, given how people responded to the Evil Dead game.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189718#Comment_3189718

    Yes it should. Pvp games mean you have to push yourself to improve. Part of the fun of a game is supposed to be losing, learning, and overcoming challenges. If you want to always win and be in god mode, go play a single player game.

    It's not fun to lose because your team wasnt good.

  • If your team sucks then you are at a disadvantage in every team game. That's the nature of team games.

    πŸ¦†πŸ¦‚

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    them being comfortable with survivors escaping only 39% of the time on average is big yikes tbh

    at what point are killers just being carried by oppressive gen slowdown perks like jolt, eruption, pain res and overcharge? rather than actual map pressure and playing skillfully

    inb4 "but dead hard" i dont use dead hard and never have :)

    There still isn't anything wrong with using Dead Hard, not when every single killer tunnels you. I've had a guy tunneling me for 4 gens straight today, and I was a Yoichi who was just going for the adept. At one point, the killer will get you, and it will either be because you ran out of pallets or thanks to Bloodlust ALONE, without any skill being involved. Survivors have that ONE perk to try and stay alive for a little longer, when killer can camp, tunnel, spam their abilities and all the cheesy easy stuff. And I am talking as a solo survivor, mind you. 4 men SWF should have never been a thing, in the first place. If that was the case, maybe, just (and that's a big) maybe, killers wouldn't be so toxic and unskillful.

  • @Damarus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189406#Comment_3189406

    There still isn't anything wrong with using Dead Hard, not when every single killer tunnels you. I've had a guy tunneling me for 4 gens straight today, and I was a Yoichi who was just going for the adept. At one point, the killer will get you, and it will either be because you ran out of pallets or thanks to Bloodlust ALONE, without any skill being involved. Survivors have that ONE perk to try and stay alive for a little longer, when killer can camp, tunnel, spam their abilities and all the cheesy easy stuff. And I am talking as a solo survivor, mind you. 4 men SWF should have never been a thing, in the first place. If that was the case, maybe, just (and that's a big) maybe, killers wouldn't be so toxic and unskillful.

    There may not be anything wrong with USING Dead Hard but there is something wrong with the game if you need to run a single perk every game to be allowed to play and have fun.

    πŸ¦†πŸ¦‚

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190133#Comment_3190133

    There may not be anything wrong with USING Dead Hard but there is something wrong with the game if you need to run a single perk every game to be allowed to play and have fun.

    πŸ¦†πŸ¦‚

    You mean like kindred in solo q

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190091#Comment_3190091

    From my experiences, and my experiences alone, I win 8 out of 10 of my games without gen regression perks with about 5 or 6 of those games being a 4K. Granted all of my perks are info perks and I usually main Piggy with an obnoxious amount of Amands's letter. I've gotten into the habit of letting my survs go especially if they are solo's and the only people I sacrifice are the ones hiding in lockers or corners of the map not doing gens.

    Well there you go. Having luxuries like playing Pig, running Amanda's letter, running info perks, letting survivors go, survivors hiding, it all points to you having low caliber survivors. At top level, you don't get away with any of that. The gens will be done before you can put 2 head traps on.

    @Lynxx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190091#Comment_3190091

    Well according to the stats - pretty damn easy now.

    "The stats don't lie." doesn't exactly apply to this game. They're basing their stats off of all levels of play, not just top level. So thrown in with those stats is people winning by playing for hooks with Twins, getting 4k'd by Freddy all the time, healing against perma Tier 3 Myers, just the most ridiculous scenarios that would never ever happen in matches where everyone knows how to play the game. I'll grant you that killers can sometimes win, a lot, but sometimes when they lose there's nothing they could have done about it. They can make 1 mistake, make every chase end as quick as possible, regress 280% worth of gen progress, and still lose. That is something that the stats will never reflect, because they're only looking at kills and escapes, nothing else. The killer who got 4 kills with 6 hooks got the same result as the killer who got 4 kills with 12 hooks. That is not a reliable system.

  • And Kinship / Camaraderie in case you or someone else is being camped. Med-Kit or Self Care / Pharmacy in case your team refuses to heal you.

    Trying to fix problems in the game by creating new perks that you then just need to run pretty much always so you are allowed to participate in the game in a fun way has always been and will always be a terrible idea, but for some reason it's still happening.

    πŸ¦†πŸ¦‚

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189406#Comment_3189406

    How do they get use out of those perks without pressure and skill? How easy do you think killer is?

    pretty damn easy, i am one of the people who quit survivor after 6.1 and became a killer main. The game is actually pretty easy now on the killer side, atleast for me.

  • @TheSubstitute said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189722#Comment_3189722

    My point is that I say solo queue is fine for me and I do play both sides equally as do many of the others saying its fine for them. Where I find many people run into what I consider to be a mistake is that they generalize and discount what other people are experiencing without knowing what they are experiencing.

    As an example, solo queue is fine for me but that only applies to myself. It's obvious other people such as yourself and @Pulsar are having issues and I think it would be better to find out or discuss why. Is it expectations? Is it different MMRs or regions? Is it playstyle or load-outs? Is it some of the changes?

    It's very easy to try to discount other people's experiences by saying but they're an X main but, while many are very self-interested in their suggestions, that doesn't mean that other people don't understand the other side. As an example, Otz, Dowsey, Scott Jund, and CoconutRTS are Killer mains but they understand and play survivor better than over 95% of survivor mains.

    Personally, I find the 39% escape rate concerning. However, we still don't have full knowledge of what that entails. How much of that is from beginning players? Is the escape rate higher than 60% at high MMR? I'd like to see Reassurance buffed myself to one minute duration and the range doubled at least as the skill floor for camping is low and the skill floor to counter camping is at least medium so I think that would help.

    But, the only thing that we do know is that there is a wide variety of experiences being reported. For myself, I think it's more productive to consider why rather than have a narrative of it's all good or it's all bad and then discount anyone who doesn't fit my narrative.

    My expectations are low but I am still disappointed

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190097#Comment_3190097

    What does getting good have to do with solo q's? The solo q's are the one taking the biggest hit because my life no longer rests solely on my shoulders but on the hopes and dreams that somehow I get competent teammates that can loop or stick to gens. If you have 2 randoms hiding in lockers for most of the match while I chase the killer for what SHOULD BE 2 gens then why should I be punished for THOSE INDIVIDUALS poor performance and incompetence?

    It’s a team game. If you could survive while your teammates do nothing, it would be unbelievably imbalanced for killer. There is no solution. When you play a team game, you accept that teammates will cause you to lose a game.

  • Oh, so barbecue is still top 3 most used perks in the game?

    Didn't you two say people only ran this perk for the BP?

    Funny


    @ays12151 @TeabaggingGhostface

  • 39% escape rate is quite high so it's mostly balanced.

    every game has 4 survivors and 1 killer. so that means almost half escape. Well at 50% would be half. But very far from 3 kill games which would have 25% escape rate on average

    So it's balanced so far. Keep practicing guys. Like in every game.

  • Because killers can almost always secure a kill in completely losing match while survivors can't do such, the baseline would be 25%.

    People love hook suiciding too.

  • @VoidOfMe said:

    Oh, so barbecue is still top 3 most used perks in the game?

    Didn't people say people only ran this perk for the BP or if they were nurses and blights?

    Funny

    I've only seen it ran like 3 times since the update dropped.

  • @Tsela said:

    39% escape rate is quite high so it's mostly balanced.

    every game has 4 survivors and 1 killer. so that means almost half escape. Well at 50% would be half. But very far from 3 kill games which would have 25% escape rate on average

    So it's balanced so far. Keep practicing guys. Like in every game.

    39% escape rate is high? when will it be enough for some of you people? when escape rate is 0?

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190288#Comment_3190288

    39% escape rate is high? when will it be enough for some of you people? when escape rate is 0?

    Current distribution is fairly well balanced and I consider it enough, thanks.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190330#Comment_3190330

    Current distribution is fairly well balanced and I consider it enough, thanks.

    I'm sure you'd consider it enough since it's killer sided.

  • I was just wondering, for example, 0% kill rate by SWF and 100% kill rate by solo que might be treated as 50% kill rate for numerical purposes.

    Math is difficult.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190336#Comment_3190336

    I'm sure you'd consider it enough since it's killer sided.

    Luckily your assumption is entirely wrong, it's not even actually killer sided.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190340#Comment_3190340

    Luckily your assumption is entirely wrong, it's not even actually killer sided.

    It's not an assumption, is basic math.

  • You know what I would like to see?

    Stats for how much fun the game became since 6.1.0 because I am willing to bet we all know where that number falls.

  • The reason for my opinion that you stated is your assumption, and I've already stated why it's fine.

    That is basic math too btw.

  • That stats should always have Killers be in that range because first of all : Escape should be rare, not the norm. This is a survival horror game, where's the "Survival and Horror" when you're living half or more of the time? Secondly : You need to account for the reality of how the game plays, not what you "expect" the game to be played like.

    After 6 years of DBD I would think the devs have noticed the trends among it's Survivor player base. That the biggest trend being chief among them is simple : Survivor players tend to do stupid things that get them killed.

    Such as :

    1. Trolling the Killer
    2. Trolling each other
    3. Rage Quitting leaving the rest of the team down a player(s)
    4. Killing themselves on hook on purpose cause they didn't like the map, Killer, Perk didn't work, ect.
    5. AFK
    6. Bringing sub-optimal perks
    7. (This is the biggest one) Trying for REALLY stupid plays at the end.

    Number 7 is the biggest skewer of stats. Millions of deaths can easily be attributed to survivors just NOT LEAVING when they could have, and should have. What would have been EASILY a 3 man escape, turns into a 3k or 4k. All because the Survivors JUST HAD to go back for the ONE DUDE who got caught at the end. They hook bomb a killer and pay the price.

    Basing the games balance on survivors doing optional stupid plays is NOT a good idea. You're putting the Killers at the mercy of Survivors doing the dumbest, most sub-optimal, and frankly "I'm a whiner" plays in order to get anywhere. Meanwhile, Survivors that don't, just PUB stomp Killers cause they aren't going to do stupid crap like that.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190386#Comment_3190386

    Numbers 2-7 all punish solo q survivors so I ask this again is it fair or right, in every sense of the word, that solo's should pay the price for other solo's? Because if you agree to that then I agree that the killer should pay the price for making one small mistake that costs them the entirety of the game. I think it's fair that every SWF brings purple toolkits with brand new parts and prove thyself.

    7 does not "punish" solo q at all, both SWF and solo loves to give free kill to killers for some reason by trying to do impossible save.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190288#Comment_3190288

    What percentage of that is swf? What percentage of that is solo? What percentage of that is High MMR? Low MMR? Beginner players? That 39% is meaningless if 30% is swf with high MMR and the other 9% escaping is solo's and beginners. It's not an actual representation of WHO is actually making it out so these percentages are irrelevant on a much grander scale

    what are you even talking about. the win rate of beginner players is always lower in every game. Why would it even matter what a beginner's winrate is when he is not familiar with the game yet? That's the situation of being a BEGINNER in anything. And about SoloQ, if you want the devs to balance the game around SoloQ only, probably you should ask them to restrict SWF to custom games only. But since they are not doing that, the percentage in games is GLOBAL, regardless of who's in SoloQ and who's beginner and who plays in SWF. And the game is balanced around global stats.

    So you are basically trying to overexplain it and find excuses. the global stats matter and that's the end of it. 39% is a very good winrate for survivors (even if as you said that number might be dragged down by soloQ and beginners)

  • @EternalSinOfCain said:

    That stats should always have Killers be in that range because first of all : Escape should be rare, not the norm. This is a survival horror game, where's the "Survival and Horror" when you're living half or more of the time? Secondly : You need to account for the reality of how the game plays, not what you "expect" the game to be played like.

    After 6 years of DBD I would think the devs have noticed the trends among it's Survivor player base. That the biggest trend being chief among them is simple : Survivor players tend to do stupid things that get them killed.

    Such as :

    1. Trolling the Killer
    2. Trolling each other
    3. Rage Quitting leaving the rest of the team down a player(s)
    4. Killing themselves on hook on purpose cause they didn't like the map, Killer, Perk didn't work, ect.
    5. AFK
    6. Bringing sub-optimal perks
    7. (This is the biggest one) Trying for REALLY stupid plays at the end.

    Number 7 is the biggest skewer of stats. Millions of deaths can easily be attributed to survivors just NOT LEAVING when they could have, and should have. What would have been EASILY a 3 man escape, turns into a 3k or 4k. All because the Survivors JUST HAD to go back for the ONE DUDE who got caught at the end. They hook bomb a killer and pay the price.

    Basing the games balance on survivors doing optional stupid plays is NOT a good idea. You're putting the Killers at the mercy of Survivors doing the dumbest, most sub-optimal, and frankly "I'm a whiner" plays in order to get anywhere. Meanwhile, Survivors that don't, just PUB stomp Killers cause they aren't going to do stupid crap like that.

    Um, why are you pigeonholing survivors as if they all do that?

    That's like saying all killers over-commit to chases, never want to break a pallet etc. (Common killer mistakes)

    Escape should not be "rare" for the sake of being rare, both sides should have an equal chance of winning.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190416#Comment_3190416

    So solo q's should just quit the game since it's very likely the randoms will drag down the game and cause them to lose no matter how skilled you are? Gotcha πŸ‘ because that's fair

    Okay, propose a better solution then. Because I proposed it. Since SWF has an unfair advantage but still is mixed in the same pool of players as SoloQ, you will never be able to separate winrates and balance the game around that. I proposed to make SWFfor Custom games only, while regular play should be SoloQ. If not..... You can't complain about the game being balanced over the entire pool of players, and not around one or another group of players you prefer to play or something. There's no better solution to this unless SFW is removed and redone the game stats without them. And see if things need a change.

    If not, the 39% winrate otherwise it's a very good winrate for reasons mentioned above, and the killers also deal with sweathy SWF all the time not just SoloQ players. It's not that the killer can chose to target SoloQ only to play with.

  • I think the kill rates would be acceptable if solo queue actually got some meaningful buffs. Sure, bad players and newbies are always going to bring the survival rate down, but improvements can be made to solo queue to better the experience of the average solo q players.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190402#Comment_3190402

    So you mean to tell me blood warden isn't a thing? Working on a door trying to leave, killer hooks the idiot and now we can't leave. That's considering the fact I actually make it to the final stage of the game and not get tunneled out 5 minutes into the game

    you can always wait till killer hooks him lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190484#Comment_3190484

    "And about SoloQ, if you want the devs to balance the game around SoloQ only, probably you should ask them to restrict SWF to custom games only. But since they are not doing that, the percentage in games is GLOBAL" how is this a solution if you already know they WONT do it. That's not a solution it's a contradiction. If you look at my previous post I've already proposed a solution to punish bad behaviors from randoms, make it less stressful for solo's and reward killer.

    Well if they "WON'T" do it then it's absolutely pointless to speak about SoloQ and SWF winrates separately. So It makes no sense to even bring that up, right? It's the same pool of players otherwise.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190512#Comment_3190512

    Then there is no reason for solo's to play this game. Because 9 out of 10 games we aren't making it because of the actions of the team. We just take the punishment and keep quiet. πŸ‘ nice

    well it's your game and your own time. If you feel like taking a break, by all means.... It shouldn't be a punishment. This isn't your job. Nobody is punishing you.

  • If I actually had to guess, it would be that the current kill rate against groups is more along the lines of where they want them to be. Next, Solo needs buffs to improve their survival numbers. If they can keep the group survival as low as it is now while bumping up solo survival, they will have found the balance they are looking for.

    That's my guess, anyways. Could be totally off.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190386#Comment_3190386

    Numbers 2-7 all punish solo q survivors so I ask this again is it fair or right, in every sense of the word, that solo's should pay the price for other solo's? Because if you agree to that then I agree that the killer should pay the price for making one small mistake that costs them the entirety of the game. I think it's fair that every SWF brings purple toolkits with brand new parts and prove thyself.

    Stop moving the goal post. It doesn't matter who it effects, SWF or Solo Queue. I play solo 90% of the time and don't have an issue. Yeah, it is fair. You don't get to have the benefit of a team, then whine and complain when they are detrimental instead of beneficial.

    Also, Killers already lose entire matches based on ONE mistake.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190386#Comment_3190386

    Um, why are you pigeonholing survivors as if they all do that?

    That's like saying all killers over-commit to chases, never want to break a pallet etc. (Common killer mistakes)

    Escape should not be "rare" for the sake of being rare, both sides should have an equal chance of winning.

    Again, moving the goal post. The goal of both should be getting a PIP and BP. You can PIP and get BP as survivor without escaping. You can PIP and get BP without getting a 4k as Killer. Escaping is a bonus, not a requirement. Even if a survivor dies, they can still win. you win when the game says you win, not because of some arbitrary goal you set for yourself.

    You don't get to set a higher goal for Survivor than Killer, then complain you didn't meet the higher goal as often as the lower goal.

  • @EternalSinOfCain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190436#Comment_3190436

    Again, moving the goal post. The goal of both should be getting a PIP and BP. You can PIP and get BP as survivor without escaping. You can PIP and get BP without getting a 4k as Killer. Escaping is a bonus, not a requirement. Even if a survivor dies, they can still win. you win when the game says you win, not because of some arbitrary goal you set for yourself.

    You don't get to set a higher goal for Survivor than Killer, then complain you didn't meet the higher goal as often as the lower goal.

    If the goal was to get a Pip and BP why do they consider killrates at all then?

    Also, that still doesn't explain how your line of thinking is that "survivors just like to mess around and that's why they die". When in actuality that isn't even close to being the case. If you play survivor enough you'd know that.

  • 61% doesn't mean 4k

    ideally what they want is 2k in most games

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190556#Comment_3190556

    If the goal was to get a Pip and BP why do they consider killrates at all then?

    Also, that still doesn't explain how your line of thinking is that "survivors just like to mess around and that's why they die". When in actuality that isn't even close to being the case. If you play survivor enough you'd know that.

    They consider them because Survivors demand they do. We also have the fiasco that was the devs comparing DBD to hockey. Like I said, you win when the game says you win. Not when you set a personal goal.

    101 of 209 (48%) achievements earned:

    Yeah, I do play Survivor. More than Killer actually, and I know that's the case. Unlike most on here, I have zero problems posting my profile and my proof.

  • @EternalSinOfCain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190564#Comment_3190564

    They consider them because Survivors demand they do. We also have the fiasco that was the devs comparing DBD to hockey. Like I said, you win when the game says you win. Not when you set a personal goal.

    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198405376589/stats/381210/achievements/

    Yeah, I do play Survivor. More than Killer actually, and I know that's the case. Unlike most on here, I have zero problems posting my profile and my proof.

    Oh really? Because in my 7200 hours I don't encounter people goofing around as you claim.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190575#Comment_3190575

    Oh really? Because in my 7200 hours I don't encounter people goofing around as you claim.

    I do. I see it all the time. That includes my thousands of hours watching on Twitch. and my thousands of hours before I switched to Pc from Ps4. Flexing your hours isn't going to help your argument btw.

  • People said at high MMR, killers have less kill so thats fair.

    Thats also mean survivors at low MMR have less escape.


    If we tell high MMR survivors like Ayrun has 60% escape rate. Newbie / low MMR survivors would have 20% escape rate. For the fact 40% escape in average.

    If you think playing a game knowing you have 20% chance to win as killers. Do you keep playing it?

  • @EternalSinOfCain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190581#Comment_3190581

    I do. I see it all the time. That includes my thousands of hours watching on Twitch. and my thousands of hours before I switched to Pc from Ps4. Flexing your hours isn't going to help your argument btw.

    Coming from the person who just said they aren't afraid to post their profile as proof? You should stick to one.

    I ain't flexing my hours, I am just not biting because in my prolonged experience what you are claiming is false. Does it happen? Absolutely. Is it common? Not at all.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189560#Comment_3189560

    Yeah I have friend who has 4000 hours in this game and he still goes down in less than 10s to trapper...

    Can you please stop talking about me! Seriously!

  • @Araphex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189691#Comment_3189691

    Actually it is. They have comms and can plan out perks before the match. Solo q you have no idea who you're teaming up with, what perks they have, what they're doing during the match if they're being chased by the killer unless they are the obsession, you have a perk to see their aura or they are hit/downed. In a SWF, if a player sees the killer somewhere, they can announce where they are. It's not possible in solo q. Lack of communication is a huge hindrance to survival. Second is lack of planning.

    The escape rate is not about how good you are in chase, its about how effective your teammates on Gens.

    I have better chance to escape with my 10sec chase knowing teammates have 30sec Gen progressing, than your 45sec chase with teammates scared and hiding because theyre injured with last hook.


    The most funny part is Killers try so hard preventing Solos to gets buff since "good players will do fine".

    But at the same time complaining how "Efficiency" SWFs are.

    Yes, Solos need that infos for "Efficiency"

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190591#Comment_3190591

    Coming from the person who just said they aren't afraid to post their profile as proof? You should stick to one.

    I ain't flexing my hours, I am just not biting because in my prolonged experience what you are claiming is false. Does it happen? Absolutely. Is it common? Not at all.

    Share your videos with friends, family and the world

    My Youtube. Can see my very old videos from Ps4.

    My prolonged experience is the opposite. Happens all the time

  • @C3Tooth said:

    People said at high MMR, killers have less kill so thats fair.

    Thats also mean survivors at low MMR have less escape.

    If we tell high MMR survivors like Ayrun has 60% escape rate. Newbie / low MMR survivors would have 20% escape rate. For the fact 40% escape in average.

    If you think playing a game knowing you have 20% chance to win as killers. Do you keep playing it?

    yes i keep playing it as killer. its almost like banging your head into the wall.

    personally i think that killer-rate should be around 60-65% and the escape rate should be around 35-40%.

    Given that in my opinion the 0-2k is loss and 3-4 kills is a win for killer. the win-rate for survivor should average out to be 50/50. it means that on average, 5/10 of your games as survivor should be possible to open exit gate and have two people leave while other 50% of the games the game will be locked therefore resulting in 3-4k.

    kill-rate is a bit misleading where as win-rate would be a lot more informative. I am not sure though if killer would like to play killer at 50/50 win-ratio, so perhaps 60/40 win-rate ratio might be better though survivor would have to accept losing more then winning.

  • Honestly, and this is from someone who plays a pretty even killer/surv split (well, a lot more surv recently with the incentives), I've always felt like a 60/40 or 55/45 in favor of the killers felt right to me.

    My perspective/sensibility on this is mainly as a horror fan, but I feel as a survivor up against a powerful killer, you should feel like escape is the less likely outcome. Like, "I'm probably going to die here, but if things go right, I might escape". Not hopeless, mind you, just not even odds. I came into the game when I first started playing, it seemed only natural that most of the survs should die, and that making it out of trials was meant to be an accomplishment.

    Just my own feeling, of course, but I feel it's reasoned.

    I don't know that I would play survivor as much if I felt like the odds were in my favor, it just wouldn't be as fun for me.

    But also it's an unbalanced, asymmetrical game. a 50/50 shouldn't really be the expected rate.

    I see people up in arms about the whole 61/39 thing, and frankly I don't see the big deal. I'll take 40% escape rate in solo, thanks (assuming I do as I usually do and give myself up a lot).

    I also think that when solo gets its buff, we'll see things settle in the 55/45 range, which is where I would say BHVR is looking to have it, if I were a betting man.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190592#Comment_3190592

    yes i keep playing it as killer. its almost like banging your head into the wall.

    personally i think that killer-rate should be around 60-65% and the escape rate should be around 35-40%.

    Given that in my opinion the 0-2k is loss and 3-4 kills is a win for killer. the win-rate for survivor should average out to be 50/50. it means that on average, 5/10 of your games as survivor should be possible to open exit gate and have two people leave while other 50% of the games the game will be locked therefore resulting in 3-4k.

    kill-rate is a bit misleading where as win-rate would be a lot more informative. I am not sure though if killer would like to play killer at 50/50 win-ratio, so perhaps 60/40 win-rate ratio might be better though survivor would have to accept losing more then winning.

    There is no such thing as win rate because a win is different for everyone.

  • @Krazzik said:

    BHVR has outright stated they don't want a 'balanced' kill/survial rate of 50%. They want killers to be the power role, they want killers to be actually scary to go against, so it makes sense they want the stats to be in the killer's favour.

    The only killers that can be remotely scary are ones with the ability to turn off terror radius. Otherwise there is nothing scary about this game. I get that they want killer to be the power role but when the bonus bp hasn't even left survivor it kinda shows that they need to balance the game a little more. I mean I sat in lobby with 3 survivors and waited for the fourth for 5 min before the game found someone. If the goal is to push everyone to play killer and make survivor a miserable experience then they have succeeded (excluding SWF's with 6k+ hours)