How was kill rate of 53% "below our expectations"?

By the stats that just came out, kill rate used to be a 53% before the big patch, and now is at 61%.

Survivors only have 39% escape rate right now, I don't even want to know what the % of that is solo q.....

Source: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/346830

Comments

  • 61% seems pretty balanced to me. I think the range should be 55-65%. If we go off of the system "killer win = 3 or more kills" and "survivor win = 2 or more out" this is actually great news stats wise

  • @prion11 said:

    61% seems pretty balanced to me. I think the range should be 55-65%. If we go off of the system "killer win = 3 or more kills" and "survivor win = 2 or more out" this is actually great news stats wise

    If you put 61% on one side of a balance, and 39% on the other what happens? I don't think that's what something that is "balanced" is supposed to look like.

  • To be honest the stats to me at least in regards to kill rates are so pointless. Most of the stats are influenced by people using perks specifically to complete challenges in the tome. Usually resulting in the game being thrown.

    Isn't there currently a challenge SPECIFICALLY to only use the perk self care, heal yourself and then escape? I feel that alone proves my point.

    edit

    image.png

    Yeah stuff like this usually results in a team getting wiped because a weak link. I won't ever trust kill rates until ######### like this stops getting added to the tome.

  • @Dustin said:

    To be honest the stats to me at least in regards to kill rates are so pointless. Most of the stats are influenced by people using perks specifically to complete challenges in the tome. Usually resulting in the game being thrown.

    Isn't there currently a challenge SPECIFICALLY to only use the perk self care, heal yourself and then escape? I feel that alone proves my point.

    I'm not taking the perk stats seriously either specially because of that self care challenge.

    But the kill/survive rates I do believe those.

  • BHVR has outright stated they don't want a 'balanced' kill/survial rate of 50%. They want killers to be the power role, they want killers to be actually scary to go against, so it makes sense they want the stats to be in the killer's favour.

  • @Krazzik said:

    BHVR has outright stated they don't want a 'balanced' kill/survial rate of 50%. They want killers to be the power role, they want killers to be actually scary to go against, so it makes sense they want the stats to be in the killer's favour.

    Game stops being scary after 2 hours. The only scary thing about this game right now is how obnoxious playing solo q is.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189401#Comment_3189401

    If you put 61% on one side of a balance, and 39% on the other what happens? I don't think that's what something that is "balanced" is supposed to look like.

    I don't think you understand, the game is not supposed to be "balanced" in the literal sense. That's why it is an ASYMMETRICAL game. You balance the game for the fact that death is likely, but skilled survivors will escape more often than unskilled ones. These stats show that on average, between 1 and 3 survivors escape. How is that a bad thing?

  • What I'd be more interested in knowing is, how do they expect solo players like me who were dumped in low MMR gutter where survival rate is certainly considerably lower than the 39% average to play their way back up to where you find decent teammates if that requires to escape most of the matches?

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189401#Comment_3189401

    If you put 61% on one side of a balance, and 39% on the other what happens? I don't think that's what something that is "balanced" is supposed to look like.

    The changes to end game disabling perks like OTR and DS and lack of endurance stacking. Killers should always be able to secure a 1K in the end game unless they were massively out skilled. This means balancing around a 50% kill rate (or escape rate) would mean survivors would be too strong at the higher levels.

    (1 Kill + 4 Kills)/2 means 2.5 kills on average which translates to 62.5%

  • @prion11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189404#Comment_3189404

    I don't think you understand, the game is not supposed to be "balanced" in the literal sense. That's why it is an ASYMMETRICAL game. You balance the game for the fact that death is likely, but skilled survivors will escape more often than unskilled ones. These stats show that on average, between 1 and 3 survivors escape. How is that a bad thing?

    Guess I'm trash at the game with more than 6 thousand hours then since my death rate is quite high in solo q.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189413#Comment_3189413

    Game stops being scary after 2 hours. The only scary thing about this game right now is how obnoxious playing solo q is.

    It doesn't really matter what we think though. BHVR wants killers to have a high kill rate, and survivors to have a low survival rate, and that's what they're balancing around. They don't want 2k/2e to be the norm.

  • @Dustin said:

    To be honest the stats to me at least in regards to kill rates are so pointless. Most of the stats are influenced by people using perks specifically to complete challenges in the tome. Usually resulting in the game being thrown.

    Isn't there currently a challenge SPECIFICALLY to only use the perk self care, heal yourself and then escape? I feel that alone proves my point.

    Between self sandbagging challenges and hook self harm not throwing out game results, they're misleading statistics at best.

  • @rha said:

    What I'd be more interested in knowing is, how do they expect solo players like me who were dumped in low MMR gutter where survival rate is certainly considerably lower than the 39% average to play their way back up to where you find decent teammates if that requires to escape most of the matches?

    As a solo q main i feel you.

  • @Krazzik said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189417#Comment_3189417

    It doesn't really matter what we think though. BHVR wants killers to have a high kill rate, and survivors to have a low survival rate, and that's what they're balancing around. They don't want 2k/2e to be the norm.

    I just wish they were direct with us about it.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189421#Comment_3189421

    Guess I'm trash at the game with more than 6 thousand hours then since my death rate is quite high in solo q.

    If your death rate is high in solo queue, it is likely to be bad luck or using a suboptimal build. I have no idea how you wrote this comment from my reply, which was about game balance

  • @prion11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189429#Comment_3189429

    If your death rate is high in solo queue, it is likely to be bad luck or using a suboptimal build. I have no idea how you wrote this comment from my reply, which was about game balance

    Your build in solo q doesnt really matter if your team mates are bad. And once you're in low MMR hell you're stuck there.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189407#Comment_3189407

    I'm not taking the perk stats seriously either specially because of that self care challenge.

    But the kill/survive rates I do believe those.

    Just FYI the summary does line up pretty well with the numbers from the aggregate site I follow. For example, Dead Hard has been around 20% or so usage on that site since the rework, and the average kill rates on the site increased about 7%.

    Self Care is an outlier, though, the site I follow has it at 9% usage which is still popular but not close to 21%. That specific perk could be due to the challenge you’re talking about if Peanits ran the numbers only over the last week or something.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189411#Comment_3189411

    Just FYI the summary does line up pretty well with the numbers from the aggregate site I follow. For example, Dead Hard has been around 20% or so usage on that site since the rework, and the average kill rates on the site increased about 7%.

    Self Care is an outlier, though, the site I follow has it at 9% usage which is still popular but not close to 21%. That specific perk could be due to the challenge you’re talking about if Peanits ran the numbers only over the last week or something.

    The fact that even 9% of people use it it's quite concerning. I'm pretty sure it isnt people in SWF who are using it either, so once again one more thing for solo q to be a frustrating experience.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189445#Comment_3189445

    Your build in solo q doesnt really matter if your team mates are bad. And once you're in low MMR hell you're stuck there.

    This is true of literally every online team based game that has matchmaking based on skill.

    I wish they showed us the rates across MMRs I don't think anyone would disagree that the avg kill rate being at X probably means at lower skill ranges the kill rate is higher than x and at higher skill ranges the kill rate is lower than x.

  • I think it kind of depends on how those kills were gotten and I hope they're considering that. If it's a 2/3k because the killer downed someone early and camped them to death, I'd prefer that they discourage that. If the killer got a 2k because they got 10 hooks, that's a pretty fun game.

  • If the survival rate of an average survivor is below 50% his mmr (that's based on exits thru the gate) will go down to rock bottom over time.

    They should change how mmr is calculatet for survivors when the want kill rates above 50%.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189451#Comment_3189451

    The fact that even 9% of people use it it's quite concerning. I'm pretty sure it isnt people in SWF who are using it either, so once again one more thing for solo q to be a frustrating experience.

    Self Care is a bit underrated by some people, It is by far the most flexible healing perk, being the only one that allows you to do partial heals on a whim any time you are idle off a gen and unable to immediately do anything else useful.

  • @Carth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189448#Comment_3189448

    This is true of literally every online team based game that has matchmaking based on skill.

    I wish they showed us the rates across MMRs I don't think anyone would disagree that the avg kill rate being at X probably means at lower skill ranges the kill rate is higher than x and at higher skill ranges the kill rate is lower than x.

    I just dont think the current matchmaking is compensating for all the changes that were made at all.

    The way it is calculated (kills/escapes) it's just terrible for both sides.

  • I mean they've been pretty open about wanting a higher kill rate. When the average kill rate was already a little above 50% they still said they weren't happy with it and wanted it higher.

    The biggest issue is that they still haven't added the solo queue buffs so the survival rate for solo players is always gonna be a fair bit lower.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189454#Comment_3189454

    Self Care is a bit underrated by some people, It is by far the most flexible healing perk, being the only one that allows you to do partial heals on a whim any time you are idle off a gen and unable to immediately do anything else useful.

    Boon Circle Of healing, a medkit, inner healing. All of these are way better than self care.

    I still see people using self care by itself (and i dont mean the ones doing the challenge).

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189445#Comment_3189445

    Your build in solo q doesnt really matter if your team mates are bad. And once you're in low MMR hell you're stuck there.

    It is true that you can easily die in solo queue with the best possible build, I play mainly solo survivor too. But I use selfish perks to increase my chase times and lower the chances of bad solo queue interactions (teammates not unhooking, not picking up, ignoring you, etc) stuff like dead hard, deliverance, flip flop/power struggle, overcome/lucky break, unbreakable, etc. the best way to raise the solo escape rate is to pick perks that counter the classic bad teammate scenarios

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189460#Comment_3189460

    I just dont think the current matchmaking is compensating for all the changes that were made at all.

    The way it is calculated (kills/escapes) it's just terrible for both sides.

    Completely agree that the algorithm can be improved to attempt to calculate skill better

  • I do find amusement in the bewilderment of some that incentives are always on survivor, when it is the most discouraging role, with the most chances of failure, usually a lower reward, and that most people play solo i.e. with no coordination.

    Seeing Self-Care up there feels wrong though. I don't know what sample of time they checked for those stats but it might be skewed by that new tome challenge.

  • @HugTheHag said:

    I do find amusement in the bewilderment of some that incentives are always on survivor, when it is the most discouraging role, with the most chances of failure, usually a lower reward, and that most people play solo i.e. with no coordination.

    Seeing Self-Care up there feels wrong though. I don't know what sample of time they checked for those stats but it might be skewed by that new tome challenge.

    I've only seen incentives on killer once and it lasted like 5 minutes.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189491#Comment_3189491

    I've only seen incentives on killer once and it lasted like 5 minutes.

    Same. I did have one good game with +100% killer the other night.

  • They're probably fine with it because as you move to higher skill levels killers get much less kills than normal. That combined with the fact that there is an unbelievable amount of newer/inexperienced players means it should defos be in the 60-65 range.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189401#Comment_3189401

    If you put 61% on one side of a balance, and 39% on the other what happens? I don't think that's what something that is "balanced" is supposed to look like.

    Also games with DC isnt even counted, so in reality lot worse for survivors, probably 75% killrate

  • @Marigoria said:

    By the stats that just came out, kill rate used to be a 53% before the big patch, and now is at 61%.

    Survivors only have 39% escape rate right now, I don't even want to know what the % of that is solo q.....

    Source: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/346830

    Solo q survival is awful, in my experience both as killer and survivor in solo q lobbies survival feels like 15% max. Which is not fun, for 80% of players involved. I artificially increase mine by releasing last survivor a lot when i play killer. Or id get like 60%-70% 4ks.

  • @Dustin said:

    To be honest the stats to me at least in regards to kill rates are so pointless. Most of the stats are influenced by people using perks specifically to complete challenges in the tome. Usually resulting in the game being thrown.

    Isn't there currently a challenge SPECIFICALLY to only use the perk self care, heal yourself and then escape? I feel that alone proves my point.

    There was also tome challenge for killer to use only 1 perk stridor. That is throwing game as well though I did 4K while doing that challenge.

  • I think 61% is pretty fine the game should be bit killer sided overall.

  • Because those are stats for the entire game. If its 80% at low MMR and 40% at higher, that makes sense since survivors are still stronger than killers if they're actually good, but at lower brackets killers dominate.

    @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189421#Comment_3189421

    Guess I'm trash at the game with more than 6 thousand hours then since my death rate is quite high in solo q.

    Hours doesn't mean skill. I know people personally that play the 1 same game for years and are still in the lowest skill bracket.

    So that's possible.

    There's still people doing fine in solo que. Can't say for sure personally why you're doing poorly.

  • Once they fix solo q issues, I'm sure this will change in favor of survivors. Right now, to many solo survivors lack the advantages of a SWF. I'm sure survival rates would show to be much higher if they only provided us SWF data, which I wish they would have done in contrast to solo q.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    I think 61% is pretty fine the game should be bit killer sided overall.

    The game doesn't need to be anyone sided.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    Because those are stats for the entire game. If its 80% at low MMR and 40% at higher, that makes sense since survivors are still stronger than killers if they're actually good, but at lower brackets killers dominate.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189429#Comment_3189429

    Hours doesn't mean skill. I know people personally that play the 1 same game for years and are still in the lowers skill bracket.

    So that's possible.

    There's still people doing fine in solo que. Can't say for sure personally why you're doing poorly.

    Yea, the people doing "fine" in solo q, you mean the people on here with their post history showing they're killer mains? Those are doing just fine I'm sure

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189470#Comment_3189470

    Boon Circle Of healing, a medkit, inner healing. All of these are way better than self care.

    I still see people using self care by itself (and i dont mean the ones doing the challenge).

    I don’t think it’s quite that simple, all the other perks you mention have preconditions and restrictions. Circle of Healing has a setup time, can be snuffed and requires travel to and from the area. Medkits have limited charges and are vulnerable to Franklins. Inner Healing requires cleansing a totem. Self Care though can be done any time, anywhere, at will. It’s the slowest of the four but being usable literally at will means it can supplement healing during brief moments of idleness that otherwise would be wasted.

    Mind you, I’m not saying Self Care is necessarily as good as the others, but I think it’s useful to not underestimate the value of its flexibility.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189407#Comment_3189407

    Between self sandbagging challenges and hook suicides not throwing out game results, they're misleading statistics at best.

    By that logic console/controller killers are ruining the stats too because most of them are less effective than PC killers, and games with a DC are not counted in stats, vast majority of these games are killer stomps, you're right true stat is probably way worse like 70+% killrate

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189560#Comment_3189560

    Yea, the people doing "fine" in solo q, you mean the people on here with their post history showing they're killer mains? Those are doing just fine I'm sure

    I mean, there's youtubers that play solo q doing fine that you can look up as we speak if you don't want to take anyone's word for it here.

    I can easily say the people complaining about solo que are just entitled survivor mains that need to git gud if I want to be a brick wall.

    There's no point in opening a conversation if you're only going to listen to the side that already agrees with you and discredit everyone else.


    ex. I see a lot of complaints about que times but mine are fine and the stats show they went down on both sides. Clearly the forum is just full of entitled copium sniffing survivor mains just trying to get killers nerfed.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189567#Comment_3189567

    I mean, there's youtubers that play solo q doing fine that you can look up as we speak if you don't want to take anyone's word for it here.

    I can easily say the people complaining about solo que are just entitled survivor mains that need to git gud if I want to be a brick wall.

    There's no point in opening a conversation if you're only going to listen to the side that already agrees with you and discredit everyone else.

    ex. I see a lot of complaints about que times but mine are fine and the stats show they went down on both sides. Clearly the forum is just full of entitled copium sniffing survivor mains just trying to get killers nerfed.

    You mean youtubers, people who choose the matches they want to put online. Why would they just post matches where they're always losing?

  • Killers-main babies are spoon-fed, the game has turned into a press-m1-to-win simulator.

  • It's funny how someone could think that losing 61% of the games is for the majority of the playerbase a good experience.

  • I always thought they tried to balance the game in terms of reaching 50%-50% or close to that. not intentionally sway the winrate to killers at the expense of the destruction of soloQ.

    is this really the state of game they were hoping for?

  • @MrPenguin said:

    Because those are stats for the entire game. If its 80% at low MMR and 40% at higher, that makes sense since survivors are still stronger than killers if they're actually good, but at lower brackets killers dominate.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189429#Comment_3189429

    Hours doesn't mean skill. I know people personally that play the 1 same game for years and are still in the lowers skill bracket.

    So that's possible.

    There's still people doing fine in solo que. Can't say for sure personally why you're doing poorly.

    Yeah I have friend who has 4000 hours in this game and he still goes down in less than 10s to trapper...

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189560#Comment_3189560

    Yea, the people doing "fine" in solo q, you mean the people on here with their post history showing they're killer mains? Those are doing just fine I'm sure

    Definitely not doing fine in solo q and I play both sides equally. Killer is far much easier now. I don't play in a SWF so I can't speak for them, but solo q... yuck.

  • @prion11 said:

    61% seems pretty balanced to me. I think the range should be 55-65%. If we go off of the system "killer win = 3 or more kills" and "survivor win = 2 or more out" this is actually great news stats wise

    idk, if the kill rates for killers was 39% there would be riots. This doesn't feel balanced, especially after what felt like all of last year the devs said they wanted the kill rates to be 50/50. Idk why they said it was too low at 53%, they had it where they wanted. Me personally, killer has never been easier for me.

‹ 1 2 3 … 6