How was kill rate of 53% "below our expectations"?

By the stats that just came out, kill rate used to be a 53% before the big patch, and now is at 61%.

Survivors only have 39% escape rate right now, I don't even want to know what the % of that is solo q.....

Source: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/346830

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm of the opinion that they did too much at once and should have nerfed Dead Hard first. Obviously just my take on it, but I'm seeing a lot of not great killers being absolutely carried by their perks since the big patch. It's ok for a killer with 700 hours to lose to a 20k hr team by a wide margin. That's what balance and skill-based play looks like.

    You shouldn't be able to compete just because you show up, and it feels like BHVR is trying to accommodate the absolute average player on one side at all costs. Again, just my experience, but I wasn't struggling pre-patch on any killer that I played regularly.

    Same could be said about survivors though. Killers were losing to survivors that were carried by their strong perks before and had no chance of countering them. Survivors that didnt even know how to look behind them while running got out of the gates due to what... DS and by pressing E. Yeah game should be balanced so stronger player win, and perks shouldnt carry someone through the gates or get them 4k.

    Game isnt unplayable for survivors and killers didnt get buffed to high heavens. The baseline buffs killers got are barely noticable when they kick a pallet. What happened is that many survivors used the same 4 perks throughout many years and now that something happened everyone fell on their knees.

    Many have learned new ways to play and are doing excellent while many are still on their knees and Dcing while something doesnt go their way.

    I had my couple of weeks of chaos learning to adapt without my broken DS and DH and i died...a lot all the time even. Now ive adjusted and i do fine. I still die to my own mistakes or maybe the killer camped / tunneled or simply was just damn good player. I don't need to escape every single game to have fun or to feel superior.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190939#Comment_3190939

    There is no such thing as win rate because a win is different for everyone.

    3k killer win, 1k killer lose, 2k tie.

    Simple and pure, this condition literally should be in the game too.

  • @EternalSinOfCain said:

    That stats should always have Killers be in that range because first of all : Escape should be rare, not the norm. This is a survival horror game, where's the "Survival and Horror" when you're living half or more of the time? Secondly : You need to account for the reality of how the game plays, not what you "expect" the game to be played like.

    After 6 years of DBD I would think the devs have noticed the trends among it's Survivor player base. That the biggest trend being chief among them is simple : Survivor players tend to do stupid things that get them killed.

    Such as :

    1. Trolling the Killer
    2. Trolling each other
    3. Rage Quitting leaving the rest of the team down a player(s)
    4. Killing themselves on hook on purpose cause they didn't like the map, Killer, Perk didn't work, ect.
    5. AFK
    6. Bringing sub-optimal perks
    7. (This is the biggest one) Trying for REALLY stupid plays at the end.

    Number 7 is the biggest skewer of stats. Millions of deaths can easily be attributed to survivors just NOT LEAVING when they could have, and should have. What would have been EASILY a 3 man escape, turns into a 3k or 4k. All because the Survivors JUST HAD to go back for the ONE DUDE who got caught at the end. They hook bomb a killer and pay the price.

    Basing the games balance on survivors doing optional stupid plays is NOT a good idea. You're putting the Killers at the mercy of Survivors doing the dumbest, most sub-optimal, and frankly "I'm a whiner" plays in order to get anywhere. Meanwhile, Survivors that don't, just PUB stomp Killers cause they aren't going to do stupid crap like that.

    You forgot one. Survivors who do nothing all match because they need to do a stupid tome challenge like bring only Self-Care and escape so they tend hide all match. Or hide with 10m of killer for 120 seconds so they arent helping the team do anything. Where Killer challenges are the natural flow of their game for example put 6 survivors in the dying state, hook the obsession 3 times in one match. Where with survivors we get challengs like stun the killer 4 times in one match so we have to camp pallets or not work on gens and hunt down the killer just to get a chase.

  • @Marigoria said:

    By the stats that just came out, kill rate used to be a 53% before the big patch, and now is at 61%.

    Survivors only have 39% escape rate right now, I don't even want to know what the % of that is solo q.....

    Source: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/346830

    One thing you don't mention (and hasnt been mentionned by the devs) is the "in depth" stats of these percentage.


    One could imagine escape rate is 20% at low MMR, and 70% at high MMR.


    We can't do any conclusion about these stats as is.

  • @CyberRoninX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189413#Comment_3189413

    The only killers that can be remotely scary are ones with the ability to turn off terror radius. Otherwise there is nothing scary about this game. I get that they want killer to be the power role but when the bonus bp hasn't even left survivor it kinda shows that they need to balance the game a little more. I mean I sat in lobby with 3 survivors and waited for the fourth for 5 min before the game found someone. If the goal is to push everyone to play killer and make survivor a miserable experience then they have succeeded (excluding SWF's with 6k+ hours)

    The BP bonus SHOULD always be on Survivor. If it ever goes to Killer, then that means there a is a ratio of 5 to 1, Survivors to Killers. Which is massively imbalanced. the reason you had to wait so long is less people play solo queue to fill as your 4th than SWF. Reason being at least half or more of the Survivor player base plays SWF simply because they want to play with friends, or because SWF is much much stronger than solo.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    People said at high MMR, killers have less kill so thats fair.

    Thats also mean survivors at low MMR have less escape.

    If we tell high MMR survivors like Ayrun has 60% escape rate. Newbie / low MMR survivors would have 20% escape rate. For the fact 40% escape in average.

    If you think playing a game knowing you have 20% chance to win as killers. Do you keep playing it?

    Your math is flawed.

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189902#Comment_3189902

    Same could be said about survivors though. Killers were losing to survivors that were carried by their strong perks before and had no chance of countering them. Survivors that didnt even know how to look behind them while running got out of the gates due to what... DS and by pressing E. Yeah game should be balanced so stronger player win, and perks shouldnt carry someone through the gates or get them 4k.

    Game isnt unplayable for survivors and killers didnt get buffed to high heavens. The baseline buffs killers got are barely noticable when they kick a pallet. What happened is that many survivors used the same 4 perks throughout many years and now that something happened everyone fell on their knees.

    Many have learned new ways to play and are doing excellent while many are still on their knees and Dcing while something doesnt go their way.

    I had my couple of weeks of chaos learning to adapt without my broken DS and DH and i died...a lot all the time even. Now ive adjusted and i do fine. I still die to my own mistakes or maybe the killer camped / tunneled or simply was just damn good player. I don't need to escape every single game to have fun or to feel superior.

    I definitely agree in the sense that players on both sides should feel like they're losing to an opponent, not a loadout. That feeling is mostly cleaned up on the survivor end, but it's really bad on the killer side now. I've adjusted and still escape most of my games, but it still feels bad when half of my losses feel like they're against a loadout and not the player.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190989#Comment_3190989

    I definitely agree in the sense that players on both sides should feel like they're losing to an opponent, not a loadout. That feeling is mostly cleaned up on the survivor end, but it's really bad on the killer side now. I've adjusted and still escape most of my games, but it still feels bad when half of my losses feel like they're against a loadout and not the player.

    Are you solo :O

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    them being comfortable with survivors escaping only 39% of the time on average is big yikes tbh

    at what point are killers just being carried by oppressive gen slowdown perks like jolt, eruption, pain res and overcharge? rather than actual map pressure and playing skillfully

    inb4 "but dead hard" i dont use dead hard and never have :)

    I agree in the sense that gen regression builds have come very oppressive, especially against certain killers - and equally, 39% escape rate seems pretty low/unbalanced.

    However, isn't it true that both sides are essentially carried by perks? The gen regression meta has become so popular as it gives the killer passive map pressure, which can be very difficult to achieve without these perks on certain maps (Red Forest, RPD, and Crotus Prenn) and if you're against a SWF/co-ordinated team. This doesn't necessarily mean a killer 'lacks skill', it's because sometimes they've already lost the match before they've even loaded in due to the above factors.

    DH isn't the only perk that carries survivors; DS, exhaustion perks in general, OTR, COH, etc are all equal culprits. In fact, I'd argue that most survivors would go down a lot quicker if it wasnt for DH, SB, Lithe, etc - exhaustion perks carry most survivor chases. Of course, nothing wrong with using any of these perks, but both sides have a meta which they use as it gives them the best chance at winning.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm of the opinion that they did too much at once and should have nerfed Dead Hard first. Obviously just my take on it, but I'm seeing a lot of not great killers being absolutely carried by their perks since the big patch. It's ok for a killer with 700 hours to lose to a 20k hr team by a wide margin. That's what balance and skill-based play looks like.

    You shouldn't be able to compete just because you show up, and it feels like BHVR is trying to accommodate the absolute average player on one side at all costs. Again, just my experience, but I wasn't struggling pre-patch on any killer that I played regularly.

    What perks are you talking about, eruption/ overcharge ? it was stupid to bring back pain res-dms combo but I don't think it's a perk problem it's just unbalanced, even absolute worst killers can get free kills just by playing scummy, no skill needed, no knowledge of the game needed, nothing

    I've read people complain about survivors holding W for years but current killer is stupidly easy especially on PC, if you can hold W and left click you can kill average solo Q teams easily, I get it it's 4v1 and killer need to be stronger in 1v1 but it's just too easy, in case you're losing start playing dirty and get a draw if not more, getting 4Ks was gratifying before 6.1 now it's nothing special

  • @Marigoria said:

    By the stats that just came out, kill rate used to be a 53% before the big patch, and now is at 61%.

    Survivors only have 39% escape rate right now, I don't even want to know what the % of that is solo q.....

    Source: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/346830

    Solo que is 100% escape according to killer mains

  • Damn, you guys were right this whole time. It turns out it WAS a skill issue! Game isn't killer-sided AT ALL!

    But, just for the sake of argument, what would the kill rate need to be for you to admit that it was? 70%? 80?

    Let us know where those pesky goalposts are, yeah? Wouldn't want them moving again

  • Solo most of the time.

    @rvzrvzrvz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189902#Comment_3189902

    What perks are you talking about, eruption/ overcharge ? it was stupid to bring back pain res-dms combo but I don't think it's a perk problem it's just unbalanced, even absolute worst killers can get free kills just by playing scummy, no skill needed, no knowledge of the game needed, nothing

    I've read people complain about survivors holding W for years but current killer is stupidly easy especially on PC, if you can hold W and left click you can kill average solo Q teams easily, I get it it's 4v1 and killer need to be stronger in 1v1 but it's just too easy, in case you're losing start playing dirty and get a draw if not more, getting 4Ks was gratifying before 6.1 now it's nothing special

    Yeah, the big one I have an issue with is CoB/Overcharge/Eruption. It's a complete auto-pilot build IMO. Or killers like Legion that often win by virtue of making the game take forever

  • I dont use math here. I just want to point out: If new players have win rate so low. Would they continue to play or instant quit game?

    Im talking about new survivors who has that low escape rate

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191205#Comment_3191205

    The stats the developers should show is what ever the escape/kill rate is for the middle of the bell curve, where 68.2% of the player base falls. There is where the kill/escape rate should be at 50/50. (Peanits said the MMR was based off a bellcurve and 1 standard deviation on a bellcurve is generally 34.1%).

    Definitely would love that !

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191369#Comment_3191369

    Solo most of the time.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191406#Comment_3191406

    Yeah, the big one I have an issue with is CoB/Overcharge/Eruption. It's a complete auto-pilot build IMO. Or killers like Legion that often win by virtue of making the game take forever

    Impossible!!!

    The forums tell me that such an escape ratio is impossible in solo queue!

    Care to explain how this is possible ?!?!

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190097#Comment_3190097

    This applies to both sides. It's not just a survivor thing. The kill/escape rate should be as close to equal as possible in a competitive game.

    The problem is that while it can be tough to win as survivor, it is literally impossible to win as killer against a meta team. Killer should be threatening, not a toy that survivors can loop endlessly


  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191340#Comment_3191340

    I dont use math here. I just want to point out: If new players have win rate so low. Would they continue to play or instant quit game?

    Im talking about new survivors who has that low escape rate

    Will Year 7 be DBD's death knell despite millions of daily users?

    I'm shakin'!

  • So the devs previously stated this is what they wanted and now people are surprised it has happened? Perhaps pay better attention to dev posts and diaries. Also, as always, statistics like this are worthless as are statistics in general when read by laymen and not experts who understand why the statistics exist.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    So the devs previously stated this is what they wanted and now people are surprised it has happened? Perhaps pay better attention to dev posts and diaries. Also, as always, statistics like this are worthless as are statistics in general when read by laymen and not experts who understand why the statistics exist.

    I wouldn't take too many of these posts seriously.

    After a while, you'll come to enjoy all the histrionics, bait, bad faith arguments, reactions to statistics, etc.

    It's quite solid entertainment to see The Circle of Gripe in action.

  • People forget the most important thing about this game. It is an ASYMMETRICAL multiplayer horror game. the stats are always going to be skewed in favor of the "stronger" side. This being the killers.

    @Marigoria said:

    By the stats that just came out, kill rate used to be a 53% before the big patch, and now is at 61%.

    Survivors only have 39% escape rate right now, I don't even want to know what the % of that is solo q.....

    Source: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/346830


  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191430#Comment_3191430

    Impossible!!!

    The forums tell me that such an escape ratio is impossible in solo queue!

    Care to explain how this is possible ?!?!

    I feel like I play smart in a general sense. I don't go for plays or anything. I'm glued to gens unless I'm in a chase or saving/healing. Run super early from the killer and don't greed any loops. Don't go down in bad spots or take chases to bad spots. A big part of survivor is creating space for teammates. A short chase in a good area is always better than a long chase in a bad gen cluster or near a hooked/downed teammate. Even better if you can die in a corner and make the hook take 10+ seconds.

  • @Krazzik said:

    BHVR has outright stated they don't want a 'balanced' kill/survial rate of 50%. They want killers to be the power role, they want killers to be actually scary to go against, so it makes sense they want the stats to be in the killer's favour.

    The problem is the game gets boring instead, because a killer camping doesnt make for a thrilling game, no matter what kill rate he ends up with.

    Also, now the matches are derailed so early, it becomes pointless to play some matches after 3 minutes.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191475#Comment_3191475

    I feel like I play smart in a general sense. I don't go for plays or anything. I'm glued to gens unless I'm in a chase or saving/healing. Run super early from the killer and don't greed any loops. Don't go down in bad spots or take chases to bad spots. A big part of survivor is creating space for teammates. A short chase in a good area is always better than a long chase in a bad gen cluster or near a hooked/downed teammate. Even better if you can die in a corner and make the hook take 10+ seconds.

    I was curious, but you have confirmed that you, too, ABM1 (ALWAYS BE M1'ING) unless you have a reason not to.

    There are games where I get 2-3 gens done Solo if I'm not interrupted and games, like yourself, where I carry in chase/know where to bring and end a chase if I am going to go down.

    I didn't mean to call you out or anything (as I'm sure you could tell from the tone/punctuation of the post), but I am glad you answered!

    I also play mostly Solo [maybe 1-2x a month I'll get an invite from some nice people I met on the forums...generally do Killer for Tomes/Dailies now...I'm ok as killer but I like the BP bonus on survivor as of the patch/played a bunch of Solo games after the initial killer changes to figure out some niche stuff/readjust my game], never bring Kindred, never bring 'sweat' builds, use THE DREADED SELF-CARE, etc, but still make out pretty good - I literally play to do tome stuff/have a laugh and have a pretty good escape rate (~48% - used to be a bit higher, but this is not bad).

    No trolling, my main builds are:

    Self-Care/Botany/Overcome/Filler (usually WoO/BTB/Resillience...gonna try Hyperfocus soon....w/SPCA Claudette!)

    Head-On/QQ/Inner Strength/Detective's Hunch (on Steve w/ Ice Cream Shirt!)

    Second Wind/We'll Make It/Guardian/Lithe (on Feng of course!)

    I NEVER have other players complain about my perk choices in the end game, but that may be based on my performance. Maybe if I did super bad consistently I'd see a lot of Self-Care/Inner Strength bashing.

    I don't really consider myself a tryhard at the game, but I do play on multiple servers as my unique physical location lets me do so, so maybe this helps with me gaining experience/leveling up/etc.

    I've also been in MMR hell a ton of times (some challenges force me to throw a bunch of games in a row....had an 8 game loss streak earlier in this tome), but I just grind on/try to consistently do ok in matches and the problem seems to sort itself out (I honestly don't really get it/know how as I personally think the MMR system is not the best, but maybe it works?).

    I realize this is all anecdotal, but I genuinely think that most games are not 'impossible to win' and whenever I get sent to 'Farmville' as I call it, I just grind on and eventually seem to make it back to a decent tier.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189413#Comment_3189413

    The problem is the game gets boring instead, because a killer camping doesnt make for a thrilling game, no matter what kill rate he ends up with.

    Also, now the matches are derailed so early, it becomes pointless to play some matches after 3 minutes.

    Most of my losses do seem to come from people giving up early/after they have been hooked 2x/literally after they spawn/etc, so I definitely agree with your derailment statement.

    I try not to let it bother me - Queues are instant and I cannot control the actions of other people. I just do what I can and queue up again.

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191477#Comment_3191477

    This hasn't changed though. Killers are still play things to SWFs. The only thing that changed is the majority of survivor players are getting slaughtered, while SWFs continue to to bully Killers.

    SWFs are anomalies and are rare, you just can't balance the the vast majority of survivors based on SWFs. The developers could give less perks slots and slow gen times for SWFs to make it fair. But balancing for SWFs is lunacy.

    The game needs to be fair, with a close to 50/50 kill/escape rate.

    It is not acceptable to basically say that killers should just have to deal with swf. I don’t care if it’s 1\10 games. I’ll also say for the millionth time that most games are balanced around the best players. Dbd shouldn’t be special

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191575#Comment_3191575

    It is not acceptable to basically say that killers should just have to deal with swf. I don’t care if it’s 1\10 games. I’ll also say for the millionth time that most games are balanced around the best players. Dbd shouldn’t be special

    Not to disagree/look like a call-out again...

    I think the game is somewhat decently balanced vs SWF as it is, currently.

    The issue that I see with it is that in order to beat a good SWF you need to:

    1) Identify VERY early on in the game that they are a co-ordinated SWF - this is hidden information until something happens to reveal it.

    2) As a result of #1, it's safer to assume EVERY group on your high/decent MMR killers is SWF.

    3) Play in such a way that they HAVE to react to you/feed into you, which generally involves taking advantage of several of the most unfun aspects of the game ('cheap' perks/tunnel/camp/slug/fake leave hook to pull from gens/etc as much as possible). I don't personally take issue with the assumed comms or whatever, because they're going to have a far worse time in the game then I am, even if they win.

    Weaker SWF break apart when I get the upper hand, but chill/comepetent SWF will play consistently well/try to alleviate my scummy tactics, all the while still performing well in chase and cranking out gens. Sometimes the whole game just comes down to/revolves around the positioning of the first hook, but I guess that's the reality of it when you're facing a Lunchables squad.

    Edit - I also don't really care about losing to such groups, so long as I can make them work for it/put them on notice.

  • I don’t get the point of this thread. The stats are basically irrelevant and prove nothing. Do you understand how statistics work?

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191503#Comment_3191503

    That's a bad faith argument, since the developers never said what the kill rate was and what they wanted it to be. They just said they wanted it "higher". It could have been in the 10% range for all we know.

    Human beings aren't psychologically made to accept unfairness. This game is literally going against basic human psychology.

    I don't see how a 2k average is unfair.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191598#Comment_3191598

    I was curious, but you have confirmed that you, too, ABM1 (ALWAYS BE M1'ING) unless you have a reason not to.

    There are games where I get 2-3 gens done Solo if I'm not interrupted and games, like yourself, where I carry in chase/know where to bring and end a chase if I am going to go down.

    I didn't mean to call you out or anything (as I'm sure you could tell from the tone/punctuation of the post), but I am glad you answered!

    I also play mostly Solo [maybe 1-2x a month I'll get an invite from some nice people I met on the forums...generally do Killer for Tomes/Dailies now...I'm ok as killer but I like the BP bonus on survivor as of the patch/played a bunch of Solo games after the initial killer changes to figure out some niche stuff/readjust my game], never bring Kindred, never bring 'sweat' builds, use THE DREADED SELF-CARE, etc, but still make out pretty good - I literally play to do tome stuff/have a laugh and have a pretty good escape rate (~48% - used to be a bit higher, but this is not bad).

    No trolling, my main builds are:

    Self-Care/Botany/Overcome/Filler (usually WoO/BTB/Resillience...gonna try Hyperfocus soon....w/SPCA Claudette!)

    Head-On/QQ/Inner Strength/Detective's Hunch (on Steve w/ Ice Cream Shirt!)

    Second Wind/We'll Make It/Guardian/Lithe (on Feng of course!)

    I NEVER have other players complain about my perk choices in the end game, but that may be based on my performance. Maybe if I did super bad consistently I'd see a lot of Self-Care/Inner Strength bashing.

    I don't really consider myself a tryhard at the game, but I do play on multiple servers as my unique physical location lets me do so, so maybe this helps with me gaining experience/leveling up/etc.

    I've also been in MMR hell a ton of times (some challenges force me to throw a bunch of games in a row....had an 8 game loss streak earlier in this tome), but I just grind on/try to consistently do ok in matches and the problem seems to sort itself out (I honestly don't really get it/know how as I personally think the MMR system is not the best, but maybe it works?).

    I realize this is all anecdotal, but I genuinely think that most games are not 'impossible to win' and whenever I get sent to 'Farmville' as I call it, I just grind on and eventually seem to make it back to a decent tier.

    My build is pretty unspectacular: Sprint/Windows/Prove/Kindred w/ a 32 charge medkit.

    I tend to pass the medkit around. Healing under hook is one of the worst common practices. Hard to maintain spacing in solo, but some things can be done to try and force it.

    I will say another thing I do is rarely hang around my teammates. Players really like to group up at really bad times. My general rule of thumb is to always attack the opposite end of the map from two teammates I have eyes on unless we have a really bad gen cluster like Suffo Pit. Then I'm going to stay glued to the 4-5 gen side and W insanely early to shack side until that's broken.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191621#Comment_3191621

    My build is pretty unspectacular: Sprint/Windows/Prove/Kindred w/ a 32 charge medkit.

    I tend to pass the medkit around. Healing under hook is one of the worst common practices. Hard to maintain spacing in solo, but some things can be done to try and force it.

    I will say another thing I do is rarely hang around my teammates. Players really like to group up at really bad times. My general rule of thumb is to always attack the opposite end of the map from two teammates I have eyes on unless we have a really bad gen cluster like Suffo Pit. Then I'm going to stay glued to the 4-5 gen side and W insanely early to shack side until that's broken.

    I agree with most of this.

    I heal under hook at times with Botany or WMI depending on how I see the other people react to it/killer position.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191418#Comment_3191418

    The problem is that while it can be tough to win as survivor, it is literally impossible to win as killer against a meta team. Killer should be threatening, not a toy that survivors can loop endlessly

    Except these death squads are incredibly rare at any level. You can turn on any killer streamer who plays the game for a living to see the evidence of how rare they are. Even people at the absolute peak of MMR don't run into them very often. People have always exaggerated how many comp level teams there are running around just to strengthen their agenda. It's probably less than 1% of teams at most.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191340#Comment_3191340

    I dont use math here. I just want to point out: If new players have win rate so low. Would they continue to play or instant quit game?

    Im talking about new survivors who has that low escape rate

    Because they want to get better?

  • @I_CAME said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191477#Comment_3191477

    Except these death squads are incredibly rare at any level. You can turn on any killer streamer who plays the game for a living to see the evidence of how rare they are. Even people at the absolute peak of MMR don't run into them very often. People have always exaggerated how many comp level teams there are running around just to strengthen their agenda. It's probably less than 1% of teams at most.

    Read my other post. I don’t care how small the percentage is, killer should never be put in an unwinnable position. That argument stinks.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    I don’t get the point of this thread. The stats are basically irrelevant and prove nothing. Do you understand how statistics work?

    Same as all the other threads, I suppose ;3

  • I really feel people are reading 61% killrate as 61% winrate.

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191824#Comment_3191824

    If everyone who posts forum threads, including you, SuzuKR and I, don't realize that everything post we make is meaningless, then that person is delusional.

    Yee

    https://youtu.be/q6EoRBvdVPQ


  • I mean that in a 'every person has the right to voice their opinions even if I disagree/agree/etc' kind of 'yee'.

    I love the vid, too, haha

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191844#Comment_3191844

    The forums are really just for people to discuss the game and my guess is most forum users just like chatting. I'm sure there are some on here that think the developers might go here and make decisions based off the forums, but I highly doubt they do. The DBD developers have never seemed interested in what players think and have their own direction for the game.

    It kind of makes me sad, because I play a lot of paradox games, and their developers are very involved with the community and have made changes based on their forums.

    I'm sure they take stuff from here, but this is just a drop in the bucket if you think about all the feedback sources they are registered on - they're most likely bombarded with thousands of suggestions/complaints/reports on all of them.

    The forums are also, in no way, representative of a majority of the player base.

    I'd imagine sometimes the ideas/opinions here mesh with universal consensus and/or dev data, and sometimes the stuff here is out to lunch.

    IE - People say the game is dying all the time (delusional). Any game that has a consistent player count of 20k+ on Steam (just using this as it is viewable/direct numbers - game is also in top metrics on all platforms [dunno about switch]) means hundreds of thousands/million+ people are logging in daily. People seem to think that if it says 40,000 one moment and 35,000 the next, that 5000 people have just logged off. In reality, 30k of the previous users could have cycled out and been replaced by 30k new logins.

  • @Wezil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191625#Comment_3191625

    Did you literally reply to a 5 sentence post without reading it? If you had read it, I said that SWFs should have less perks and longer gen times so Killers are on equal footing with SWFs at high MMR.

    Balancing to the highest level players, doesn't mean the game is unbalanced for the lowest level players.

    Surely you realize that exclusively balancing the game for pro-SWFs and pro-Killers would absolutely ruin this game. Anyone on these forums would tell you that's a horrible idea. That's not balancing for the best players, that's balancing a completely different aspect of the game. SWF is completely different that solo-queue which is completely different that Killers. There's 3 different play-types in this game. All 3 should be balanced for.

    It’s impossible to balance for all 3. People would be able to work around any SWF restrictions. You must balance for top level

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3189401#Comment_3189401

    If you put 61% on one side of a balance, and 39% on the other what happens? I don't think that's what something that is "balanced" is supposed to look like.

    Balance doesn't mean 50/50.

  • Killers will never be scary for me. I don’t scared in DBD. Too many hours played , plus killers play relatively the same way each match (camp/tunnel, slugging, etc), there is little to no suspense or terror in matches because as a survivor this game is designed for my failure. Terror makes me jumpy…the closest thing I get to that is when I hear a terror radius and I don’t know where the killer is coming from. The most suspense I ever get is having 2 survivors in the match and exit doors needing to be opened and the doors are close and not knowing who is going to escape. Terror and suspense deal with the unknown element and for all intensive purposes this game doesn’t have that by design. I know going into a match as a survivor I am more likely to die than make it. That’s the devs’ goal. The better goal is no one knows who’s going to survive until a few gens pop. But that’s not the gameplay survivors are getting.

  • @EternalSinOfCain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3190986#Comment_3190986

    The BP bonus SHOULD always be on Survivor. If it ever goes to Killer, then that means there a is a ratio of 5 to 1, Survivors to Killers. Which is massively imbalanced. the reason you had to wait so long is less people play solo queue to fill as your 4th than SWF. Reason being at least half or more of the Survivor player base plays SWF simply because they want to play with friends, or because SWF is much much stronger than solo.

    So what your saying is that they bp bonus they added to bring people to the side that needs more people should always be on survivor. So why didn't they just make it a permanent survivor bonus? Because that was never the intent, it was never intended to be on survivor the entire time since its inception. All this shows is that people that play survivor are leaving the game or playing as killer because killer is so much easier to win on now. It takes absolutley no skill for killer when you are facing soloq at all. I have yet to lose a match as killer when its clear im facing against soloq. The only time i lose a match is when its blatantly obvious its SWF. Which makes for highly unbalanced game play.

  • @CyberRoninX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191303#Comment_3191303

    So what your saying is that they bp bonus they added to bring people to the side that needs more people should always be on survivor. So why didn't they just make it a permanent survivor bonus? Because that was never the intent, it was never intended to be on survivor the entire time since its inception. All this shows is that people that play survivor are leaving the game or playing as killer because killer is so much easier to win on now. It takes absolutley no skill for killer when you are facing soloq at all. I have yet to lose a match as killer when its clear im facing against soloq. The only time i lose a match is when its blatantly obvious its SWF. Which makes for highly unbalanced game play.

    I don't see how switching back to killers leaving the game is a good idea. The player numbers were worse

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3192982#Comment_3192982

    I don't see how switching back to killers leaving the game is a good idea. The player numbers were worse

    I don't think I ever said anything about switching anything back. The devs need to come up with a way to buff soloq without buffing SWF. If they would release a squad and solo mode they could easialy do this. Squad mode could have zero buffs while solo would have some sort of buff to level the playing field.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191430#Comment_3191430

    Impossible!!!

    The forums tell me that such an escape ratio is impossible in solo queue!

    Care to explain how this is possible ?!?!

    not surprised the community loves to over exaggerate.

  • @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3191475#Comment_3191475

    not surprised the community loves to over exaggerate.

    How is saying solo q isnt ok right now "over exaggerating"?

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3193059#Comment_3193059

    How is saying solo q isnt ok right now "over exaggerating"?

    that's not what i said, I'm saying the people who say "solo q escapes are impossible" are people overexaggerating.

  • And here we are on page 9. Wow.

  • @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3193060#Comment_3193060

    that's not what i said, I'm saying the people who say "solo q escapes are impossible" are people overexaggerating.

    Solo queue escapes are impossible.

1 2 3 4 5 6