Game goes from skill based to killer sided in 1 day

This update is miserable, nothing else really too it.

Dead hard could be faked

Decisive Strike could be left or eaten

But no, too strong (not)

Killers are now nearly unstoppable and I think all survivor mains can agree this update is bad.

The developers always treat this game like survivors are some AI and always baby the killers when they dislike something, when are we gonna be free from the scape goat the killer's use us as? Before the update we could run no perks and beat killers and they'd still complain about us.

I have never once truley complained until now.

Comments

  • @feng_min_main2003 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3073596#Comment_3073596

    I have and I hate it, I wouldn't be here angry if I wasn't miserable playing it.

    I'm in high MMR of course I'm gonna face killers that abuse systems

    I want my money back, if this is the permenant perks I will quit the game.

    Then quit. Goodbye. Others will come.

  • @Marik1987 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3073625#Comment_3073625

    "honest debate". Even a comedian couldnt let me laugh more.

    Go play survivor

  • Survivors are qutting lol, go play survivor

  • I do. In SWF with 3 friends and in SoloQ. I played 10 games survivor and 3 games killer last night. You know what. I had a lot of fun, I had a 2K, a 3K with Hatch and a 4K (without your so called "Tunneling" and "Camping") and on the survivor games, I won and I died.

  • @Marik1987 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3073649#Comment_3073649

    I do. In SWF with 3 friends and in SoloQ. I played 10 games survivor and 3 games killer last night. You know what. I had a lot of fun, I had a 2K, a 3K with Hatch and a 4K and on the survivor games, I won and I died.

    Go play survivor

  • @SoloQKev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3073444#Comment_3073444

    Yeah, I totally agree, before the update, there were killers doing kill streaks 4ks. Hell, even Otz made a video going afk for 30 seconds lol and still stomping. I tried new update and all I keep getting is nurse and blights.

    Uff, still basing ones opinions on content creators that play a game excessively to make a living of it. They aren't representative for the probably 80% casual players in the community.

    And let us not forget that those same content creators managed survival streaks, sometimes even into the triple digits.

    Also none of them are really playing people on the appropriate skill level since we all know how "brilliant" the matchmaking is in this game.

  • @feng_min_main2003 said:

    This update is miserable, nothing else really too it.

    Dead hard could be faked

    Decisive Strike could be left or eaten

    But no, too strong (not)

    Killers are now nearly unstoppable and I think all survivor mains can agree this update is bad.

    The developers always treat this game like survivors are some AI and always baby the killers when they dislike something, when are we gonna be free from the scape goat the killer's use us as? Before the update we could run no perks and beat killers and they'd still complain about us.

    I have never once truley complained until now.

    Where is the skill on pressing e?

  • ROFL.

    Only if "skill-based" means "passively forces the killer to not do about 50 different things because of your perks that MIGHT be in play, and when they actually are, get tonnes of extra health states."

    It's going to be a completely refreshing experience to get to play killer instead of playing "remember the list of survivor perks you have to be inefficient to avoid being hit by every 4 seconds."

  • Calls an extremely skillless game skillful, proceeds to expose the fact that they only play against bad Survivors, calls me a Killer main for exposing their inability to be good at the game.

    Sigma energy

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3073584#Comment_3073584

    Calls an extremely skillless game skillful, proceeds to expose the fact that they only play against bad Survivors, calls me a Killer main for exposing their inability to be good at the game.

    Sigma energy

    Shows absolutely no knowledge on Survivor yet tries to critique me

  • @feng_min_main2003 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3073689#Comment_3073689

    Shows absolutely no knowledge on Survivor yet tries to critique me

    Yes, I'll critique whatever is wrong.


    And I probably do have more knowledge than you

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3073698#Comment_3073698

    Yes, I'll critique whatever is wrong.

    And I probably do have more knowledge than you

    Haha, haha.

    Funny

  • You still haven't said anything other than "I went against bad Survivors and won so the game was balanced"

  • My matches tonight have been mostly miserable. I had only a couple that were Ok. My last match against a legion was beyond annoying. I can't tell you how many times I had to mend that match and the amount of time that 1 generator was left to do that never got done. I literally just gave up because the game just got very boring and I wanted out of it. Escaping now feels like an impossible challenge. I don't think I have had a match yet where the killer didn't have thanatophobia and other gen slowing perks. Doing gens now has basically just become a chore instead of an objective. Tunneling is still the norm it seems. My guess is in the coming days killer mains are just going to be running all the perks that make the match last as long as possible.

  • some people just don't like change I guess.

  • @feng_min_main2003 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3073539#Comment_3073539

    Yeah I'm a 3K hour Survivor, playing since 2017 and I'm considering quitting because of how miserable the current state it is in.

    Also It's almost like you want me to think you play the game on both sides often enough to have an opinion.

    "Dead Hard could be faked"

    3K hour take?

  • Ok, but let's not forget killers had their meta perks nerfed as well. Dead Hard needed the change, tbh as it was very unhealthy for the game. Same things with gen speeds, although they could make gens a bit more interactive to make them more fun. The DS, Self Care, and Iron Will changes are ridiculous though and shouldn't have went through as they were. Same thing goes for the Ruin and Corrupt Intervention changes.

    Honestly, this update needs time before anything can be concluded.

  • @feng_min_main2003 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3073449#Comment_3073449

    The game was not Survivor sided, literally it was skill based, me and my freind went into games without perks in solo que and still won but the buffing of killer perks had made it a struggle to win with even 4 perks.

    colourphobia, unnerving presence and sloppy butcher can make healing take 3 minutes

    A bubba with thanat, dying light and dead lock can face camp someone to death before 2 gens pop.

    Decisive strike is a joke

    Dead hard is a joke

    Off the record is a joke and not only did they make killer weapon clean speeds quicker but pallet breaking too

    Tunneling a survivor has never been easier and camping them even easier.

    You could fake dead hard and wait out DS, those perks were not that hard to outplay, you're only showing your ignorance as a killer and dbd player in general.

    You are just a biased survivor main. Dh was not easy to outplay. It literaly was press e to win. DS doesnt matter to me because i dont tunnel usually. Off the record is insane strong now. DH was unhealthy and needed a nerf. Just learn to play without it, and wait for the next Killer nerf and everything will be fine

  • @feng_min_main2003 said:

    This update is miserable, nothing else really too it.

    Dead hard could be faked

    Decisive Strike could be left or eaten

    But no, too strong (not)

    Killers are now nearly unstoppable and I think all survivor mains can agree this update is bad.

    The developers always treat this game like survivors are some AI and always baby the killers when they dislike something, when are we gonna be free from the scape goat the killer's use us as? Before the update we could run no perks and beat killers and they'd still complain about us.

    I have never once truley complained until now.

    Game goes from hard-core survivor sided into medium - survivor sided, buff is nearly not enough. Killers should get at least 10% of more of everything plus 1 more perk slot to balance out this unbalanced survivor game.

  • I disagree completely - game pre-patch was completely survivor sided. You could loop and bully the ######### out of killers if you were good. It didn't matter whether killer was good or not because the rules were on your side. Now killers have more room to act but the game is STILL survivor sided whether you want it or not but it's much, much harder and finally killers feel like some sort of danger instead of pińatas beaten by 4 survs.

  • Just play Killer for now until they fix it

    That’s what I’m doing and it’s easy 4K every games

  • it was necessary in order to stop 5 mintues per healthstate loops >.<

  • @KateMain86 said:

    My matches tonight have been mostly miserable. I had only a couple that were Ok. My last match against a legion was beyond annoying. I can't tell you how many times I had to mend that match and the amount of time that 1 generator was left to do that never got done. I literally just gave up because the game just got very boring and I wanted out of it. Escaping now feels like an impossible challenge. I don't think I have had a match yet where the killer didn't have thanatophobia and other gen slowing perks. Doing gens now has basically just become a chore instead of an objective. Tunneling is still the norm it seems. My guess is in the coming days killer mains are just going to be running all the perks that make the match last as long as possible.

    the amount of mending isnt new against legion...

  • I have been playing killer since then and it is much more enjoyable than in the past. However, I do feel like I do not have to try as hard. With gen regression, it is easy to choose a three-gen and protect it. When you get to the last two survivors, you can face-camp one, and it will take a minimum of 90 seconds for them to complete a generator. A hook state is 60 seconds, that is 1.5 hook states.

    My build has been Overcharge, Eruption, Surge, and Deadlock. It is extremely oppressive. So far I have convincingly won all my games with minimal effort.

  • Explain how "press this button for invincibility" is skill based?

  • @feng_min_main2003 said:

    This update is miserable, nothing else really too it.

    Dead hard could be faked

    Decisive Strike could be left or eaten

    But no, too strong (not)

    Killers are now nearly unstoppable and I think all survivor mains can agree this update is bad.

    The developers always treat this game like survivors are some AI and always baby the killers when they dislike something, when are we gonna be free from the scape goat the killer's use us as? Before the update we could run no perks and beat killers and they'd still complain about us.

    I have never once truley complained until now.

    I guess now we’re seeing how much of a crutch Dead Hard For Distance (ie “press E to outplay”) really was for survivors

  • *Sees Dead Hard in post*

    "Could be faked"

    *OP argument becomes invalid*

  • Old DH is gone, there's no need to pretend it was weak or counterable or highly skillful in the hopes of not getting it nerfed anymore, the party's over, it's dead, a chimp could probably have been taught to use it fairly effectively, good riddance to it.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    Game went from 2nd chance perk fest to skill based you mean <3

    it took skill to get value out of those 2nd chance perks, it feels like a slap to the face that they took our high skill perks away from us and dumbed everything down. We have seen it with WOW, game becomes so easy a 6 year old can play it. Seems as if DBD is going down the same watered down dumb road.

  • @TwerkGoddess said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3073361#Comment_3073361

    it took skill to get value out of those 2nd chance perks, it feels like a slap to the face that they took our high skill perks away from us and dumbed everything down. We have seen it with WOW, game becomes so easy a 6 year old can play it. Seems as if DBD is going down the same watered down dumb road.

    It was a crutch. Calling it high skill is like calling noed high skill. DH was literally a better power than 90% of killer powers. It had no bussiness being in survivors hand... Same deal with iron will. Completely removing sound? Insane ...

    Though i agree that some adjustments are needed. Gotta nerf nurse and blight, gotta make it so IW isnt actually deactivated when exhausted lol. Gotta look at kill rates in a few days after meta settles and maybe go back on things like hit recovery buff, a very light maybe on that one. Because i feel like survivors are just slapping random perks together into matches meanwhile killers have streamlined perks atm. I'm running a lethal pursuer build and it feels amazing. Dunno what i would run on survivor at all.

    Probably Botany/Coh/OFT/Spine Chill or SB

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    Game went from 2nd chance perk fest to skill based you mean <3

    Skill based my ass, all day after the patch yesterday and today all killer did was run every slowdown imaginable and slug, tunnel, camp people out of the game.

  • I like the update alot, everything about it is nice, but I think bhvr forgot that the update put a massive dent into solo survivor as I have rarely made any sort of progress into this reaching the endgame

  • @Aubwie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3073361#Comment_3073361

    Skill based my ass, all day after the patch yesterday and today all killer did was run every slowdown imaginable and slug, tunnel, camp people out of the game.

    Sorry to hear. I only use PR as slowdown and dont tunnel or camp personally. I think limiting the number of slow down perks you can equip at once to 2 might be a good solution but i doubt they have the willingness to touch their spaghetti code to give us that.

    Honestly speaking im pretty sure aura reading is way better than slowdown atm and gives pretty fast games as well.

  • It takes more skill to do well when the challenge is harder. Show your skill by adapting and doing well in the new meta instead of crying about it.

  • Dead Hard could not be faked. Why are people still making that argument? How are people still now understanding why Dead Hard was so problematic and unfair?

    This game isn't completely killer sided now. But survivors, at least solo survivors, will need some help in the near future. Either with more information or against camping and tunneling.

    Before the update we could run no perks and beat killers and they'd still complain about us.

    I mean that can be seen as a signt of imbalance, when survivors can win against killers with full loadouts without using any perks at all. The devs do not treat survivors like they are AI and only cater to baby killers. That's completely ignoring the frustations killers have to deal with.

    The problem is that survivors just didn't get their frustrations addressed in return.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3073587#Comment_3073587

    Uff, still basing ones opinions on content creators that play a game excessively to make a living of it. They aren't representative for the probably 80% casual players in the community.

    And let us not forget that those same content creators managed survival streaks, sometimes even into the triple digits.

    Also none of them are really playing people on the appropriate skill level since we all know how "brilliant" the matchmaking is in this game.

    SupaAlf is approaching 300 consecutive wins as Nurse. Any sort of survivor streak that approached triple digits, it included keys and SWF that went out of their way to take hits. The idea that killers have to play this game religiously to consistently 4k is untrue. It's an easy game for both SWF and Killer. Solo is the only hard mode in this game. I'm a PS4 Deathslinger main, by the way.

  • @Alcuin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3073654#Comment_3073654

    SupaAlf is approaching 300 consecutive wins as Nurse. Any sort of survivor streak that approached triple digits, it included keys and SWF that went out of their way to take hits. The idea that killers have to play this game religiously to consistently 4k is untrue. It's an easy game for both SWF and Killer. Solo is the only hard mode in this game. I'm a PS4 Deathslinger main, by the way.

    "Nurse" and "Killer" are not the same thing. You can do a 300 streak with Nurse, you can't do that with any killer.

    Similar to how "SWF" and "Survivor" are not the same thing.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3074279#Comment_3074279

    "Nurse" and "Killer" are not the same thing. You can do a 300 streak with Nurse, you can't do that with any killer.

    Similar to how "SWF" and "Survivor" are not the same thing.

    This is a multiplayer that is survivor-sided in spite of the killers approaching 300 wins in a row. Pro Vengeance won 1096 out 1103 matches. No other multiplayer game is so imbalanced. The killer complaints are unserious.

  • @feng_min_main2003 said:

    This update is miserable, nothing else really too it.

    Dead hard could be faked

    Decisive Strike could be left or eaten

    But no, too strong (not)

    Killers are now nearly unstoppable and I think all survivor mains can agree this update is bad.

    The developers always treat this game like survivors are some AI and always baby the killers when they dislike something, when are we gonna be free from the scape goat the killer's use us as? Before the update we could run no perks and beat killers and they'd still complain about us.

    I have never once truley complained until now.

    Honestly, I played both killer and survivor last night and both sides were great. I actually almost won against a really good Nurse (5 gens done, all other survivors killed before I was hooked and killed) and I did lose a few games as killer. I find the game to be more balanced now. I get everyone wants to use the OP perks, but the whole idea was to take away OP builds and allow for more perk build options. Not everyone should be running the same perks. Use perks to your own playstyle. That's what I did (and did in the past to a huge failure) and it works great now.

    Also, survivors have always been given buffs and it's about time the killers get some as well. There are still pretty good perks for survivor. Off the Record is a beast now. Dead Hard when timed right is perfect. I'm terrible at using DH, but when I played killer, I definitely noticed it. What's the best is that I no longer feel stressed playing either side.

    So please don't think the update is miserable when it just came out and you haven't tried to play around with different perks to your own advantage. Unless you're just here to complain, then go for it. But I doubt the devs will favor complaining over the changes they spent months working on.

  • "I think all survivor mains can agree this update is bad"

    See that's my issue with this, people should be playing both sides equally and not just sticking to one role, I've played since this game come out and I have no issue with the update other than I feel the extra time and slowdowns added to gens should've been turned into a entirely different objective to keep things interesting, people want to get carried by perks and they can't do that now, you have to know how to interconnect tiles and run them correctly and take advantage while someone is running the killer and get gens done instead of healing a thousand times in a row or doing every totem in the map while the rest of the team is working, I would argue that survivor skill is better measured now because you aren't being carried by crutches.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    "I think all survivor mains can agree this update is bad"

    See that's my issue with this, people should be playing both sides equally and not just sticking to one role, I've played since this game come out and I have no issue with the update other than I feel the extra time and slowdowns added to gens should've been turned into a entirely different objective to keep things interesting, people want to get carried by perks and they can't do that now, you have to know how to interconnect tiles and run them correctly and take advantage while someone is running the killer and get gens done instead of healing a thousand times in a row or doing every totem in the map while the rest of the team is working, I would argue that survivor skill is better measured now because you aren't being carried by crutches.

    Why should people play both sides? You play a game to have fun. If its not really fun to play one part of the game .... just dont?

  • Solo survivor is still fun and the changes have not made anything more difficult for me.

    👍devs

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3073587#Comment_3073587

    Uff, still basing ones opinions on content creators that play a game excessively to make a living of it. They aren't representative for the probably 80% casual players in the community.

    And let us not forget that those same content creators managed survival streaks, sometimes even into the triple digits.

    Also none of them are really playing people on the appropriate skill level since we all know how "brilliant" the matchmaking is in this game.

    LOL even I played a lot of killer and some games I would get stomped on but most games Id do rather well. Maybe because I don't take the game too seriously. I play for fun and still do good on both sides.

1 2 3