What's an issue/problem you think isn't talked about enough?

What do you think is an issue or problem that's DBD related that isn't talked about or discussed enough?

Majority of us all know about the usual hot topics and how they are talked about to death; SWFs, Nurse, The meta and so on but what's something you see and go "Why aren't more people talking about this?" Maybe it gets overshadowed or forgotten quickly.

Also it doesn't have to be something strictly game related it could be something about the community, the forums, content creators (In a general sense, not individuals) and so on.

I'm curious to know

Comments

  • @AMOGUS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3064320#Comment_3064320

    Sure, the last bit was my opinion, but saying you like "everything about old DBD" means you like everything I just described.

    Which I do.

    What does it matter to you? You could, and probably does, have an opinion which I HEAVILY disagree with, but I wouldn't call you out for it because everyone has the right to have their own views about this game.

    There is no reason for you to do it.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3064322#Comment_3064322

    Which I do.

    What does it matter to you? You could, and probably does, have an opinion which I HEAVILY disagree with, but I wouldn't call you out for it because everyone has the right to have their own views about this game.

    There is no reason for you to do it.

    This is a discussion forums. If you post an opinion here, I am allowed to respond to it.

    I don't understand why you would like infinites and double pallets, which was even worse for old Freddy than he has it now.

  • @AMOGUS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3064325#Comment_3064325

    This is a discussion forums. If you post an opinion here, I am allowed to respond to it.

    I don't understand why you would like infinites and double pallets, which was even worse for old Freddy than he has it now.

    You are, but the way you did it just comes off as stand-offish.

    If someone enjoys the current DBD, and I would like to discuss about it, I wouldn't just randomly mention them and say:

    "Oh? So you like trash perks? You like downgraded maps with worse atmosphere? Un-creative killers? Oh, and what about Boons which have caused nothing but problems?"

    That would just be rude and pathetic. I would ask them about their views, try to put myself on their shoes and understand.

    Discussions are important, but there are better ways to do it.

  • people who continue to keep putting money into this game without seeing any real vast improvements.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3064329#Comment_3064329

    You are, but the way you did it just comes off as stand-offish.

    If someone enjoys the current DBD, and I would like to discuss about it, I wouldn't just randomly mention them and say:

    "Oh? So you like trash perks? You like downgraded maps with worse atmosphere? Un-creative killers? Oh, and what about Boons which have caused nothing but problems?"

    That would just be rude and pathetic. I would ask them about their views, try to put myself on their shoes and understand.

    Discussions are important, but there are better ways to do it.

    Alright, so be it. I apologize, I was reading posts from extremely aggressive "debaters" in GameFAQ's Politics board and may have taken on some of their mannerisms.

    May I ask why do you prefer old DBD, then?

  • @AMOGUS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3064336#Comment_3064336

    Alright, so be it. I apologize, I was reading posts from extremely aggressive "debaters" in GameFAQ's Politics board and may have taken on some of their mannerisms.

    May I ask why do you prefer old DBD, then?

    Apology accepted :)

    And, to answer your question, I suppose the easiest way to explain it is:

    I prefer old DBD because that is the game I fell in love with.

    I first started playing DBD in 2018, and as soon as I played my very first match (against a Huntress on Old Azarov's Resting Place) I was instantly hooked!

    There was nothing I disliked about that game, with the sole exception of Old Legion. The killers, the survivors, the maps, the visuals, the perks, add-ons, events... Everything was perfect for me, and seeing old videos just made me love them more and more <3

    Old DBD is my passion and easily the best game I have ever played. My heart is with that game.

    Forever.

  • Perk band-aiding, especially for survivors.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    What do you think is an issue or problem that's DBD related that isn't talked about or discussed enough?

    Majority of us all know about the usual hot topics and how they are talked about to death; SWFs, Nurse, The meta and so on but what's something you see and go "Why aren't more people talking about this?" Maybe it gets overshadowed or forgotten quickly.

    Also it doesn't have to be something strictly game related it could be something about the community, the forums, content creators (In a general sense, not individuals) and so on.

    I'm curious to know

    only one? there are A LOT of issues that aren't discussed enough... between bugs, reports that won't change anything, gameplay "tech" that shouldn't even exist in the 1st place and swf and their toxicity... you have an AMPLE selection of issues...

  • The lack of controller settings for controller on consoles and the overall neglect of console gamer player base experience and QOL in general.

    It's like if it's not effecting PC players or if console players aren't screaming to high hell about something they don't care about it. The only thing they've done for controller players is increase the sensitivity to be on par with PC, but the controls have a MASSIVE deadzone that requires way to much pressure to be put on the analog stick in order for it to register movement.

    This cause you to overshoot or undershoot a lot since you have to play with sensitivity up in order to counter WASD circle jukes and spin moves. If you play at a lower sensitivity you can't counter this at all and once survivors see this they run circles around you if your playing a killer that requires precision like Twins, Trickster, huntress, Blight etc.

    Some console players can overcome this to a degree but the overall console killer playerbase seems to avoid these killers or perform very poorly with them and eventually drop them out of frustration.

    All BHVR needs to do is add acceleration, deadzone and response curve options like every other cross play game does and this would help greatly as I think it's poor customer service to have a good chuck of your killer roster virtually unplayable by over half of your community just because they are playing a killer designed for M&K of controller.

  • Meme add-ons. BHVR was going in the right direction with prayer tablet fragment and no-sleep pills and then proceeded to make detrimental BP add-ons again. Meme add-ons should alter the way you play certain killers, not make them completely unplayable.

  • * Broken matchmaking (dodged lobbies, and 'any match is better than no match philosophy')

    * Horrible controller experience

  • Solo survivor can't see your teammates loadouts in the lobby.

    Survivors should be able to check killer's ping.

    Killers' penalized BP addons and garbage meme addons that are just waste of bloodpoints.

  • Why is the Green Key still broken?

  • @Grand_Masta_Shad said:

    The lack of controller settings for controller on consoles and the overall neglect of console gamer player base experience and QOL in general.

    It's like if it's not effecting PC players or if console players aren't screaming to high hell about something they don't care about it. The only thing they've done for controller players is increase the sensitivity to be on par with PC, but the controls have a MASSIVE deadzone that requires way to much pressure to be put on the analog stick in order for it to register movement.

    This cause you to overshoot or undershoot a lot since you have to play with sensitivity up in order to counter WASD circle jukes and spin moves. If you play at a lower sensitivity you can't counter this at all and once survivors see this they run circles around you if your playing a killer that requires precision like Twins, Trickster, huntress, Blight etc.

    Some console players can overcome this to a degree but the overall console killer playerbase seems to avoid these killers or perform very poorly with them and eventually drop them out of frustration.

    All BHVR needs to do is add acceleration, deadzone and response curve options like every other cross play game does and this would help greatly as I think it's poor customer service to have a good chuck of your killer roster virtually unplayable by over half of your community just because they are playing a killer designed for M&K of controller.

    I cannot express how annoying it is as a killer on console trying to hit melee range hatchets on huntress against pc players. Especially when they can use their immediate WASD to almost side step me. Damn frustrating.

  • A problem not talked about openly or as much as it deserves? How the game is built for a Casual Audience and how that affects Fun.

    The Fun that a Casual Audience wants and the Fun people who play the game daily want is a very different thing.

    Casual Audience Fun = SWF. Active player Fun = Good matches.

  • @versacefeng said:

    How garbage the report system is and the fact that any players that have access to the chat box can say very shady things and get away with it. I don't know why this isn't a thing, but dodgy words or phrases such as slurs, insults, and threats that players type into the endgame chat should be blacklisted and automatically sent to BHVR's moderators to be looked at instead of players having to manually do it themselves

    Kind of agree. Reports should be taken into consideration seriously.


    also dbd classic is a terrible idea xd, more like dbd alpha stage.


    i personally would remove rng spawn for gens and tiles.

  • Filters, playing on "low" settings and increased brightness. Many reworked maps are supposed to be really dark, but on PC there're many ways to go arround it. Most of these ppl even forgot how awesome the game looks now, on ULTRA settings. And i would be totally fine with it, if ppl would play with crossplay off. Because on console we don't even have graphic settings, not to mention no brightness settings at all. And yes, when the game is like 50% brighter, ofc you gonna spot survs easier or see the killer's red light easier, esp. with dark/bloody cosmetics. And before you ask, NO, increasing the TV/monitor brightness/gamma doesn't help here, not for DBD, we already tried that.


    Best solution would be an INGAME brightness setting (+25% max.) for EVERYONE, like almost every other game has anyway.

  • Biggest issue is dbd map loop money.

    If you are playing against a blight 2 pallets gym and no filler you will loose without too much of your own fault, if you have 3 jungle gym connecting to each other vs a trapper he is gonna loose and its not his fault, while 3 jungle gyms connecting to each other vs a nurse won't make any difference.

    The game rng was thought for killers like billy trapper and wraith, the game added a lot of killers so at this point every killer should have his own map rng imo

  • Crouching right in front of the killer, yet completely out of sight.

  • This game destroys console controllers. And not because you’re throwing them against a wall in frustration.

  • Map offerings being a thing. No matter what side uses the offering they do it for a reason. Disable all of them and give players 5000 BPs back for all offerings disabled. What map you will spawn in to should always be random that is the most fair thing for everyone. And it adds excitement while loading not knowing where you will play, just like not knowing who the killer is.

  • Adept killer is too strict.

  • The lack of variety in survivor gameplay. for killer mains, when you start getting bored of a certain killer, you could switch to another killer. But survivors don't get that privilege, beyond teachable perks, survivors are just skins. There should be unique abiilities for different survivors, not strong enough to make a big impact on game balance, but enough strong to give pepole a reason to play one survivor over another outside of just perks and skins.

    Also, killers seeing survivor's names/profiles in the lobby, but survivors can't look at the killer's. going purely basen on game balance, there should be no logical reason for a killer to be able to see a survivor's name and profile, it should be enough to just see the survivor's apppearences and items. all it does is open up the oppotunity for killers to target specific people ina toxic way.

  • @Izo_Quartz said:

    The lack of variety in survivor gameplay. for killer mains, when you start getting bored of a certain killer, you could switch to another killer. But survivors don't get that privilege, beyond teachable perks, survivors are just skins. There should be unique abiilities for different survivors, not strong enough to make a big impact on game balance, but enough strong to give pepole a reason to play one survivor over another outside of just perks and skins.

    Also, killers seeing survivor's names/profiles in the lobby, but survivors can't look at the killer's. going purely basen on game balance, there should be no logical reason for a killer to be able to see a survivor's name and profile, it should be enough to just see the survivor's apppearences and items. all it does is open up the oppotunity for killers to target specific people ina toxic way.

    Honestly I don't think killers should see survivors at all until the game starts. During the 5 second load in, then show the survivors and what items they have. No playing around survivors or items any more than survivors can play around killers or addons until the game begins. No names until the endgame so recognized people or prejudiced views can allow you to target certain players based on name, etc.

  • @malloymk said:

    Adept Killer. Way too hard and moreso, luck dependant. Change it to a 4k or single pip.

    Diversion. Same games happen where you don't even get enough terror radius to use it (against Myers, Ghost Face, Wraith, Sadako). Start people with one pebble, and then use the terror radius as a means to replace it.

    That it's an elimination game. I've posted this a few times recently and I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I think a lot of the issues and us vs them come from the fact that this is an elimination game. Survivors of course don't want to get camped or tunneled and killers know that often times they're best means of winning is to tunnel or camp. If this game was time based (survivors need to power gens within 10-12 minutes and hooks slowed down gens in terms of a survivor needs to unhook plus a percentage increase to gen repair speed) it would promote killers leaving the hook to push the remaining survivors off gens. If gens aren't completed in time, killer wins if gens are completed, end game is still a thing and at that point survivors can be mori-able. But everyone is guaranteed to play the game (actually play it) instead of getting tossed out four minutes into the game.

    Map offerings/variety - I don't think survivors should be able to play map offerings. I think killers should be able to. I think they should program games where there is no map offering in a way where it's impossible to play the same map twice in a row.

    RPD. Kill switch this until it's reworked. Then probably kill switch it again, because no offense, but I have no trust in the devs to make this map enjoyable at all.

    Edit: one last thing. Kobe/unhook attempts. They should cost in game blood points. Very rarely does it even make sense to Kobe. Most people are just dickbags that want to Kobe in your face for blood points (if you do this, you should stop) or they're trying to leave the game without disconnecting. Make the attempts cost 8k blood points that you've earned in game. Oh, you got downed 15 seconds in the game and now you're salty and want to Kobe yourself to death. Get effed. You can't because you don't have any blood points to spend. Sooooorryy. Make the second stage missed skill checks cost blood point instead of shortening the hook timer too. Maybe not as much, but you should not have such easy access to throw the game for everyone else because PvP games are too hard for you. Play single player games and close out the app whenever you're a salty little wimp. Save the PvP for people that can actually hang.

    Edit 2: protection stacks for WGLF and Mettle of Man. If course with WGLF it's about to be a moot point, but I'd actually use Mettle of Man a lot more if I didn't have to be up to my nuts in guts rear-ending a fellow survivor in order to gain a stack. I had a match yesterday where I took two protection hits and neither registered. I must have been at most 6 meters away when I took those hits. Like c'mon. If they're in chase and you take a hit, it really shouldn't even matter what the distance is, you're literally protecting the other survivor and you should get credit for taking the damn hit. You should have to bump and grind up against them to get the stack. Fix this.

    Really? Lose 8k bloodpoint for attempting to get off hook? Are you serious?

  • @BabyCameron10 said:

    Tricksters Power. There is either nothing you can do to counter it or it is weak as hell on tall loops.

    His power needs to be looked at again.

    I guess you could say the same thing for twins power

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3063712#Comment_3063712

    Really? Lose 8k bloodpoint for attempting to get off hook? Are you serious?

    Yeah. Super serious. Maybe 1 out of 100 Kobe attempts are actually worth doing. Most are just survivors trying to troll and/or kill themselves early.

  • how nurse has broken add ons, overlaps fatigue and blink recharge, almost giving her omega blinks with that green and purple add ons.

    dredge has a worse set of add ons, no locker breaking boost, no speed boost on remnant teleports.

    Pyramid head has the worst IRIDESCENT add ons.

    and developers chose not to listen. keeps on nerfing PIG for goodness sake.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    controller ######### sucks in this game

    I play on controller and I am the best in my whole friend group at the game

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Auto aim hitting pallets/walls instead of the survivors.

    Having auto-aim at all.

    If the killer loses me and can't track me while swinging, they shouldn't get rewarded with a hit. especially Nurses

  • Cleary Map Design the are Way to Big and has way to many paletts Maps like Haddonfield, RDP, The Game , Artist Map, Huntress Map and Ormond are Way to Survivor Sided that as a weaker Killer u most likely going to lose against decent Survivor because the Maps are unplayable as Killer

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Map design is basically the cause of all issues in DBD. It is talked about a fair bit but not enough imo since it is by far the biggest issue current DBD faces

    The truth is they don't care about gameplay and make the worst maps when it comes to balance. But hey, at least when you are running across a map the size of the sahara desert you can look at all the pretty trees.

  • BHVR needs new map designers. The last few maps plus reworked ones we’ve had are horrible.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3063889#Comment_3063889

    Having auto-aim at all.

    If the killer loses me and can't track me while swinging, they shouldn't get rewarded with a hit. especially Nurses

    To be fair, survivor hitboxes/killer attack area is BS. I've never seen a game where you have to be so precise just to land a melee attack on someone right in front of you.

  • Late match 3 gen stalemates make for really boring matches if the survivors just urban evade around the map or hide in lockers, there should be an effect or at least a perk where if 5 minutes (Or maybe less) has passed without a chase or any gen progress survivors start gathering stillness crows as if they were AFK.

  • @Fuzzycube said:

    Late match 3 gen stalemates make for really boring matches if the survivors just urban evade around the map or hide in lockers, there should be an effect or at least a perk where if 5 minutes (Or maybe less) has passed without a chase or any gen progress survivors start gathering stillness crows as if they were AFK.

    they are really boring. It can be solved by the killer just committing to a chase tho and taking a risk to end the stalemate. A stalemate is caused by both sides refusal to do something, not just one side

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Map design is basically the cause of all issues in DBD. It is talked about a fair bit but not enough imo since it is by far the biggest issue current DBD faces

    I actually have to disagree with this.

    Don't get me wrong, map design is an issue. It is a huge issue - but it is not DbDs biggest issue, nor is it the root of all evil.

    Instead what I view to be DbDs biggest issue is the boring nature of Survivors objectives, which in return has lead to all the imbalances we experience today - including the bad map design.

    Here's a link to a post I made about this a couple of months ago, which goes into much greater detail on why I view this the way I do:

    @Mister_xD said:

    Prologue

    Hello everyone,

    First of all, this is not actually a post that I really wanted to make. As some of you will probaply know, I no longer play this game, so my enthusiasm for it has dwindled too. I have just not been having the motivation to make a long post like this one for a long while now, though I did write down the thoughts from this post in earlier comments already, just in a less detailed form.

    Ever since i quit DbD in August 2021, I have been reflecting on why I quit and after discovering the reasons, decided to dig a bit deeper and find the reasons for those reasons. And I do think that I managed to figure out an issue this game has that I barely see anyone talk about, yet sooo many things people do talk about and discuss end up being direct consequences of this one, bigger thing.

    So I did decide to make this post eventually, simply to shed some light onto what I believe to be, by far, Dead by Daylights biggest problem right now. The "root of all evil", if you will.

    Also I am not saying this was DbD's only issue, there are some others that are very much seperated from this one that are important too (e.g. the discrepancy in strength between solo Survivors and SWF groups), but I believe this one to have the biggest impact on the game as of right now. And do keep in mind that this is my opinion, it is very possible that some of you might view other things as more important issues than this one.

    The Issue

    I'll be straight forward and tell you the problem right away:

    The Survivors objective is unfun and boring.

    Now before you go in the comments and start calling me crazy, please read my reasoning for this being DbDs biggest issue first. It is a lot more complicated than this one sentence might make it look like.

    How to balance an asymmetrical game

    I know this might seem off topic, but trust me, this is very important for later.

    Dead by Daylight can be split into two seperate "games":

    1. The "Macrogame" (referring to the overall trial and its progression)
    2. The "Microgame" (referring to interactions between both sides)

    The way we can create a balanced experience for both sides is, by making each side dominate on of those two cathegories, but as a result of that be weak in the other.

    Essentially, this game boils down to both sides racing each other by pushing their strong suit and hoping that they can finish their objective before the other side has been able to finish theirs.

    Due to this being an asymmetrical game, the side that has less players in one round (Killers) needs to be the dominant side in the Microgame, while the opposing side (Survivors) gets to dominate the Macrogame.

    This makes sense, given the Survivors superior numbers that allow them to apply pressure on the Killer in multiple different locations, which the Killer can not contest due to them only being able to be in one place at a time.

    To make this fair for the Killer, they need to have the upper hand in this 1v1 interaction, so that they don't waste much time on this one Survivor and can instead go and pressure the team after dealing with them quickly. This is also why they are referred to as "the powerrole", even though they themselves arent any more powerful than the Survivor side is, but they feel very powerful due to the fact that they heavily outclass an individual Survivor.

    In other words, a balanced Dead by Daylight would be a game where Killers dominate in chases, whereas Survivors dominate in generator progression, with the deciding factor being who can be more efficient in "their game" of DbD and outperform the other side.

    How the Issue affects DbD's balance

    In a balanced Dead by Daylight, as discussed above, long chases do not exist. Killers dominate in this aspect, so Survivors will want to avoid chases altogether, focussing their gameplay on generators.

    But generators are no fun. No one wants to focus their entire gameplay on holding M1 and occasionally hitting space bar - understandably so.

    If this game were to ever be in a balanced state, Survivors would be the ones quitting out of boredom. And since Survivors are just as essential to this game as Killers are, while also making a majority of its playerbase simply because of the 4v1 nature of this game, this would be very bad news.

    This is also something that I believe the Devs are very aware of. They have stated multiple times in the past now that they have no intention of balancing Dead by Daylight to make it fair, but to make it "fun".

    But what does that mean exactly?

    What is the one thing you think of when you talk about "fun" in Dead by Daylight? - It's chases.

    Chases are a fast and easy way of bringing action into this, otherwise very boring, game. They are full of fast paced interactions between both sides and you need to think on the run to make the right call in order to avoid certain death at the Killers hands.

    As a result the Devs have started balancing DbD around chases - some people might even refer to chases as Dead by Daylight in its entirety, completely forgetting that there is more to it outside of them.

    While this is a very understandable decision made by the Devs, it is also one that brings major imbalances with it.

    The result(s)

    Due to the Devs focussing their resources on making chases a fair, interactive and balanced encounter for both sides, Killers feel very weak to play.

    Remember what I said earlier about how to balance an asymmetrical game - Survivors need to dominate in the Macrogame, while Killers need to dominate in the Microgame.

    But this is no longer the case. The reality of DbD is, that Survivors dominate the Killer in the Macrogame, as they were designed to, and are equal to them in the Microgame, while on the flip side Killers get dominated in the Macrogame, as they should, but are only equal to Survivors in the Microgame.

    By balancing this game around the 1v1 aspect of it, the Devs took away the Killers strongsuit. Killers now struggle immensly to compete with Survivors, especially since those Survivors can hardly be nerfed in their strongsuit, due to that being a direct result of their superior numbers. Simply put Killers can not end their chases quick enough to properly race Survivors who focus on generatos, meaning any time the Survivor team is working on generators efficiently the Killer will most likely lose.

    As a result the game becomes frustrating to its Killer playerbase, because any time they go up against a team of Survivors with an equal skilllevel to theirs, they are heavily outclassed simply due to this game being tilted in the Survivors favor as much as it is.

    For Killers to be able to win, they need to be on a higher skilllevel than the Survivors are, so that the Killer makes less mistakes than the Survivors and can punish their mistakes more efficiently.

    And this leads us to a very modern problem, namely that this essentially rules out the existance of MMR systems in a game like this - at least functional ones.

    There are two possible outcomes with an MMR system in DbD right now:

    1. The system works and puts players of equal skill against each other. In this case Killers are heavily outmatched and will lose a majority of their games (unless Survivors make a huge, game losing, mistake, but for the sake of the argument we have to assume both sides play equally well), which feels unfair and bad for the Killers. Additionally, the high end Survivors would have no opponents, because Killers can not compete at this stage, which results in very long lobby queue times for them.
    2. The system doesnt work and puts players of varying skill against one another. In this case Killers would get to fight lesser experienced players as well, which allows them to win those games, which feels unfair and bad for those Survivors, as they feel outmatched.

    This means no matter what happens, this is a lose-lose scenario. This is also why I keep saying that the most basic requirement for a functional MMR system is a balanced game, which DbD can not (and will probaply never) offer.

    Another very common complaint by the Killerplayerbase today is, that gens are completed too fast. That however is not actually the case, it's that they are too slow at killing the Survivors.

    And as I explained above, this is essentially an unfixable problem. There are two possible solutions to it, which equally don't work:

    1. Make Killers the strong chasers they are supposed to be to be able to rival the gen speeds - this one turns Survivor gameplay into a hold M1 simulator, making it extremely unfun for them to play.
    2. Make gens take longer to complete - this one makes Survivors sit on gens, holding down M1, even longer than they already have to, at which point no one is having fun anymore because of how sluggish the game has become.

    Both of these fail entirely at the non interactive nature of generators.

    And there are more, but we would still be here tomorrow if I went into detail on all of them, so I'll make it short. Here is a list of other issues that are directly linked to this one with a brief explanation:

    • Maps having too many timewasters for Killers on them or generally not allowing for much map pressure (Pallets and Windows are what Survivors have to have fun in chases, to maximise fun and fairness in chases we need a bunch of them and make it so whoever mindgames who wins)
    • A vast majority of the Killer roster being unviable in high level play (only viable options are Killers with strong chase related abilities to at least sometimes put Survivors in a lose-lose situation they can profit from, who also have good map pressure to fight generator speeds - e.g. Nurse and Blight)
    • Killers getting nerfed who did not need a nerf (strong chase ability = unfun match for Survivors, therefore they get nerfed. This is what happened to Deathslinger or the Twins Toy Sword Add On)
    • Killers being forced to run a bunch of slowdown Perks (essentially a futile attempt to force solution 2. from gens being done too fast. As explained above it makes the game miserably boring for Survivors, but is a necessary evil currently)
    • Camping & Tunneling being such popular strategies (eliminating one player early on makes the Survivor teams overall map pressure take a huge hit, which can allow the Killer to relax a bit more. Not doing this is pretty much a lost trial. This is a result of gen speeds, which are a result of their unfun nature)
    • Playing Killer being significantly more stressful than playing Survivor (you essentially have to play perfect to beat even just a mediocre team. The smallest mistake can cost you the entire game, due to a chase being extended too long and you therefore getting crushed in the Macrogame)

    While not all of those might be a direct result of generators being boring, they are all linked to it in some way. Basically, the boring nature of gens caused the Devs flawed balance philosophy, which is what stops us from properly addressing those issues.

    If we ever want to properly fix those problems, we need to address generators first. If we don't, all we achieve is trading one problematic thing for another.

    What is the Solution?

    A complete rework of the Survivors main objective.

    We need to get rid of the excruciatingly boring gameplay that is holding down M1 while waiting for a progress bar to fill up - and this is not exclusive to generators by the way, all of the Survivors objectives are this boring, whether that be exit gate switches, totems (cleansing and blessing), healing, chest searching - they are all the same.

    Of course these progress bars serve a purpose. These objectives are meant to be timewasters first and foremost, it is necessary that the Survivors spend a good amount of their time on doing them to allow the Killer to find and hunt them down.

    So a reworked Survivor objective would need to be both time consuming and interactive for them at the same time.

    It is not until this is achieved that we can properly address so many of the other, much more noticeable, issues that plague this game today.

    This being said, personally I don't think this is a realistic demand to make.

    Generators are one of the most fundamental mechanics in this game and they have existed for almost 6 years at this point without any major changes to them and with a total of 27 DLCs (some bigger than others ofc) that further change the game and, in many cases, directly rely on this mechanic or further add to it.

    There are Perks on both sides directly tied to generator progress bars and there are some Killer powers that also rely on Survivors being on gens (such as Freddies teleport or the Doctors Madness Skill Checks) that would need to be addressed if gens were to be fundamentally reworked.

    This absolutely does not mean it was impossible to address, however it would require a huge amount of time, ressources and effort from BHVRs side.

    And I mean this when I say it, but I definitely think that at this point it would be easier for them to just work on a Dead by Daylight 2 and redesign it from the ground up with this in mind, rather than to try and somehow fix the current game (also due to spaghetti code that further hinders this).

    However, I would definitely not mind being proven wrong on this. Though it would be a long and tedious process, I believe the game would greatly benefit from it in the long run.

    And they can start small, not tackle the whole thing at once, but maybe start by doing one thing and see how it plays out. For example, rework the Exit Gates to no longer require you to hold M1 next to the switch until a progress bar is filled, but make it require fuses that the Survivors need to collect and insert - each fuse lights up one bulb and 3 fuses open the gate up. It would be significantly more interactive for both sides and it would get rid of people 99%ing the gates (another common complaint you hear a lot). You can also do something entirely different, the most important thing is that something is done.

    Afterword

    Thanks for reading this, admittedly very long, post. Might be my longest one yet, its definitely the one I put the most work into.

    What do you think of this? Do you think I'm right? Or do you think I'm entirely wrong? Did i miss anything crucial? Please tell me down below!

    Also please keep in mind this post is not meant to give solutions to this issue, but soley to highlight it - though if you think you got a good sulution to it you can share it down below too / make your own post about it! The more ideas we can give the Devs on this the better. I also deliberately did not post it in the Feedback subforum, as it is not meant to be feedback to the Devs, but as a bit of an explanation to where I believe the game stands right now and why certain things are happening to it for the community - as stated above, I do believe the Devs are very keenly aware of this issue already (and have been for a long time now).

    Have a nice day / night and I'll see you next time!

    also revert the Slinger nerfs, k thx bye.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3066037#Comment_3066037

    they are really boring. It can be solved by the killer just committing to a chase tho and taking a risk to end the stalemate. A stalemate is caused by both sides refusal to do something, not just one side

    Last time I went from gen to gen and couldn’t find anyone, I eventually got lucky and found scratch marks in a place at the other side of the map not near any generators and caught a survivor in a locker.

  • Self reflection. For all of the issues in this game and other players, people always seem unwilling to look in a mirror and step their own game up.

  • Some Survivor exploits are not talked about at all.


    Double Locker Flashlight saves. Just hope they are in situation chaining them doesn't make you waste too much time.

    Groaning Storehouse, just die on the "wing" of it and any Survivor going there is Unhookable because why not?


    Yeah...

  • I-Frames. They can be kinda ridiculous sometimes.

  • @Leguś said:

    Some Survivor exploits are not talked about at all.

    Double Locker Flashlight saves. Just hope they are in situation chaining them doesn't make you waste too much time.

    Groaning Storehouse, just die on the "wing" of it and any Survivor going there is Unhookable because why not?

    Yeah...

    Oh, let's not talk about how new Botany with green Med-Kit and Syringe/Styptic combo you are gonna be practically invincible because there's nothing wrong with Med-Kits and their add-ons.



    Either exploits as bug or just abusing certain parts of the game to just... BS through. Nobody thinks about this and it's really worrying.

  • Totem spawns Boons, and Hex Perks.

    Most totem spawns still stick out like a sore thumb, and Hexes are rarely worth using thanks to Boons and bad rng with spawns.

    I'd like to see either a dedicated hex perk slot for killer (like a 5th perk slot, but only for hexes), or a mechanic where hexes and totems get blocked for a bit before things get going. This way hexes can be guaranteed some value, and boons aren't available immediately.

    I'd like for boons to have a universal cooldown or something to limit their usage. So even if everyone brings a boon perk, once the boon is snuffed, it goes on a cooldown for all players. Maybe like a minute or more.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Auto aim hitting pallets/walls instead of the survivors.

    I agree with this. Its very annoying.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    What do you think is an issue or problem that's DBD related that isn't talked about or discussed enough?

    Majority of us all know about the usual hot topics and how they are talked about to death; SWFs, Nurse, The meta and so on but what's something you see and go "Why aren't more people talking about this?" Maybe it gets overshadowed or forgotten quickly.

    Also it doesn't have to be something strictly game related it could be something about the community, the forums, content creators (In a general sense, not individuals) and so on.

    I'm curious to know

    Why do people leave before the match even starts, had this happen a few times where they will do the check mark thing to go into the match only to leave and ruin the match for everyone in it. I've had it happened with killers and survivors. If u aren't commited to a match. Have the decency to leave the lobby before it starts.

    It can be very annoying cause when u are playing the game late at night and wait times are 20-30 mins at times.

  • @Katzengott said:

    Filters, playing on "low" settings and increased brightness. Many reworked maps are supposed to be really dark, but on PC there're many ways to go arround it. Most of these ppl even forgot how awesome the game looks now, on ULTRA settings. And i would be totally fine with it, if ppl would play with crossplay off. Because on console we don't even have graphic settings, not to mention no brightness settings at all. And yes, when the game is like 50% brighter, ofc you gonna spot survs easier or see the killer's red light easier, esp. with dark/bloody cosmetics. And before you ask, NO, increasing the TV/monitor brightness/gamma doesn't help here, not for DBD, we already tried that.

    Best solution would be an INGAME brightness setting (+25% max.) for EVERYONE, like almost every other game has anyway.

    I would love console brightness settings as someone who has bad vision and a hard time seeing things on darker maps, which means I have to bring aura reading perks.

    I also agree with a couple of posts mentioning controller sensitivity options as well. It would make it a lot more healthier if console players had those options like PC players do.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3064341#Comment_3064341

    Apology accepted :)

    And, to answer your question, I suppose the easiest way to explain it is:

    I prefer old DBD because that is the game I fell in love with.

    I first started playing DBD in 2018, and as soon as I played my very first match (against a Huntress on Old Azarov's Resting Place) I was instantly hooked!

    There was nothing I disliked about that game, with the sole exception of Old Legion. The killers, the survivors, the maps, the visuals, the perks, add-ons, events... Everything was perfect for me, and seeing old videos just made me love them more and more <3

    Old DBD is my passion and easily the best game I have ever played. My heart is with that game.

    Forever.

    As for me... I actually played before Clown, on console. I used to watch edited montages that made fun of "DarksydePhil" who was considered to be one of the worst gamers on the planet. I found out about DBD through that, and I loved what I saw.

    I had to buy the game behind my parents back in order to play it, as they refused to buy it for me. I believe I was... 16 at the time. Maybe 17. DBD has been in my life for years since then. I've been here in the community for many chapter releases, but not the beginning.

    I was there for Summer BBQ on PS4. I was there for many events. I was there for Clown onwards, the only chapter I don't think I was truly here for was Twins because of some drama.

    ... However... While I like looking at old DBD videos from time to time, it is not something I am particularly passionate about. I still faintly remember the many issues DBD had. Old Decisive Strike, no exhaustion nerf, infinites... I remember how awful it felt to play M1 Killer at the time.

    Things have been slowly fixed since then, and the game still has it's problems. But I feel things are in a somewhat better state than now, and I wish to continue moving forward towards the future instead of returning to the past because of nostalgia.

    I suppose we will simply have to agree to disagree in the end about old Freddy. I can't, and never will, agree to bringing back old Freddy and, as a result, his many, many old problems. I don't think moving backwards is what needs to be done, moving forwards towards the future and making progress is what should be done.

  • @AMOGUS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3064347#Comment_3064347

    As for me... I actually played before Clown, on console. I used to watch edited montages that made fun of "DarksydePhil" who was considered to be one of the worst gamers on the planet. I found out about DBD through that, and I loved what I saw.

    I had to buy the game behind my parents back in order to play it, as they refused to buy it for me. I believe I was... 16 at the time. Maybe 17. DBD has been in my life for years since then. I've been here in the community for many chapter releases, but not the beginning.

    I was there for Summer BBQ on PS4. I was there for many events. I was there for Clown onwards, the only chapter I don't think I was truly here for was Twins because of some drama.

    ... However... While I like looking at old DBD videos from time to time, it is not something I am particularly passionate about. I still faintly remember the many issues DBD had. Old Decisive Strike, no exhaustion nerf, infinites... I remember how awful it felt to play M1 Killer at the time.

    Things have been slowly fixed since then, and the game still has it's problems. But I feel things are in a somewhat better state than now, and I wish to continue moving forward towards the future instead of returning to the past because of nostalgia.

    I suppose we will simply have to agree to disagree in the end about old Freddy. I can't, and never will, agree to bringing back old Freddy and, as a result, his many, many old problems. I don't think moving backwards is what needs to be done, moving forwards towards the future and making progress is what should be done.

    We all have our own passions and beliefs.

1 2 3