Why do people genuinely want nurse nerfed?

Like, I don't understand it.

EDIT: I also forgot to add that one of the reasons Nurse is top tier and should remain one is because she is a free character, which doesn't force devs to purposely tune down newly released killers in attempt to avoid Pay2Win scandal. The strongest the game provides is free.

You have a killer that once in a while makes you genuinely nervous in a horror game that stopped being scary for you many thousands of hours ago and who provides you with a unique chase gameplay which is always refreshing after having countless matches that can be boiled down to running in circles and holding shift+w. Not only that, each Nurse is different because of the skill differences on the player who uses her and winning against her is especially rewarding, because if you win against her, you have genuinely outplayed her.

Not only that, but she's a killer whose pure existence justifies so many things survivors have and others killers don't have, meaning the game is easier against most other killers. SWF, many survivor perks that are not nerfed because they'd help against nurse, a lot of killer perks that would've been buffed if not for Nurse. You have so many indulgences because devs don't want you to have unfun game in that exceptional scenario where the nurse is actually god. Nurse also does the same with the mindset of most players as they know they can't win every time, but if they'd want to, they can always change to nurse, but while they are not, they can play for fun, instead of trying hard.

Speaking of god nurses or "good nurses that are unbeatable", that is the same kind of mythical creature as a "good survivor" who allegedly doesn't make mistakes and thus can't be beaten. Everyone talk about it, nobody has ever seen it in real life. At least not that often for it to be a problem because it happens once every 100-200 matches and those are over in

It's the same as 4 man swat SWF, that is allegedly supposed to demolish every killer, but reality pretty much every SWF is just people having fun playing the game and not trying hard to win or anything, however the mere fact of their existence makes the opposite side so worked up and nervous, they feel like the game is rigged, while nothing has changed at all, if not for the better for them.

Nurse also does everyone a favour by concentrating pure tryhards on her, so they quickly rise in MMR and stay in their reclusive tournament tryhard club where they ruin games for each other, while other killers are already playing with a chill mindset.

If Nurse is gone, there would be never enough of killer buffs to justify her being gone, because nothing would ever match with mythical 4 man deathsquad, so no matter what devs would add or buff, most killer players would still feel robbed and dissatisfied, so it would end up with you having to deal with a lot of S-A super oppressive killers and perks, that are still not as good as a mythical god nurse, but already beyond beatable levels for most players. Same for the survivors' perks or general strength, +10 seconds of gen times would feel like a joke to you, as devs would keep nerfing and nerfing survivors for the sake of compensating nurse removal.

So yes, love and cherish Nurse, she's a necessary evil, just like SWF, to keep things in check and balance.

Comments

  • man, so many angry people in here.

    I would do a slight nerf to her range add on so you don't get a speed boast from it. Also make her blink attack count as a special attack but thats it.

    one carzy thought for the high mmr players. If the kill rate for killers is low at all levels at the moment and you are often only seeing the same two killers, blight and nurse. Do you think small nerfs will to either of them will change the meta and you will start seeing more M1 killers? Nurse does need small nerfs but it need to happen with buffing other killers or I hope you have fun waiting 20+ mins for a match.

  • one other small note in my play region (Aus) I only really see Blight and Huntess players. Rarely do I see anyone else, and I would love to vs other killers on a more regular bases.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054035#Comment_3054035

    This is patently false. If it were true, why would the devs not changed the way she functions long ago; and meanwhile, continuing to release perks that are arguably strongest on her?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054048#Comment_3054048

    Nurse doesn’t ignore or negate survivor defenses. Walls, vaults, pallets, and lockers all still exist in matches with Nurse. She simply changes how you use them effectively.

    Because they just look on their stats and see nurse has the lowest killrate… but we all know that’s only cause new players have a hard time to play as nurse.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054791#Comment_3054791

    If you say so my guy. My killer gameplay is on tape. My survivor gameplay is on tape. Where's YOUR gameplay of facing nurse or even playing nurse.....? If you were a "top player" You wouldn't be having issues with nurse. Maybe come down off your high horse. Your opinion is way too high of yourself.

    Yeah... I've never seen gameplay from any of the nurse mains in here, but I gladly offer it whenever asked.

    Twitch: Omansonion

    I never delete any videos, my youtube is attached. You can see every video you want. So you go watch it. Or don't, I don't mind much, and then try telling me to get good again... Lol

    It's almost like if people actually see how these nurse players are playing everyone else will realize they really shouldn't be talking on the subject. Otherwise why do they never offer up footage of themselves playing, while still asking other players to show how they play?

  • @Xendritch said:

    I want nurse nerfed so the game can be balanced properly and we can buff certain killer perks that can't be buffed currently because it would be busted on nurse and same with new perk design.

    The killer meta is balanced around nurse and I don't know why we pretend it isn't.

    If you want every match to be a sweatfest with S-A tier killer, then that's what you'd end up with.

    Killers would end up being minmaxed monsters with ultra oppressive chase/map pressure power because that's what most of them have and believe me, it wouldn't be fun.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054872#Comment_3054872

    Yea. Wasn't blown away by anything. Just by the amount of babu killers you got. Nor do I see nurse gameplay against "comp gamers" Show us that. Then we'll talk

    LOL!

    Plenty in there. You don't want to search? That's fine with me.

    Still waiting on any footage from any of the regular nurse defenders in this thread.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054650#Comment_3054650

    What? Her first blink can go 20 meters in 1.5 seconds with 0 addons. One blink has a total recovery of 4 seconds. Blink takes 2 seconds to charge, during which she travels about 3m/s. During the 4s recovery she moves 1m/s, so she covers (20+(3*2)+4) 30 meters with one blink + fatigue.

    30/ (6s charge and fatigue combined) + 1.5 seconds of travel = 30/7.5 = 4 m/s. This is with zero addons, which drastically alter this calculation and make the effective movement faster than 115%.

    You could also do two blinks for 12 more meters.

    42 / (3s of travel, 4s of charge, 2.5s of fatigue) = 42/ 9.5 = 4.4m/s, or Huntress movespeed.

    The math isn't perfect or anything its just to illustrate she can navigate better than almost everyone as long as there are things in the way, which is every map.

    I actually made a thread a while back showing off how busted range add-ons are compared to the rest with more precise calculations

    @egg_ said:

    This is not going to be a rant thread, because I actually did some maths and therefore I'm bringing some quality data to support my thesis, so brace yourselves because this is going to be a long thread, with numbers too. A lot of stuff will be repeated and/or redundant, partly to understand what numbers I'm using (so you can scroll back and see how I calculated them), partly for myself since I wrote this in pieces.

    First of all, we will need some data. More specifically, power times and movement speeds, that can be gathered here https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Sally_Smithson#Power_Trivia and here https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Movement_Speeds#The_Nurse

    I will expose the assumptions I'm making:

    1. we are taking into consideration raw distances. This to avoid discussions like "yes but break line of sight and double back" or stuff like that, which has no value whatsoever in the points I'm going to make;
    2. the nurse 'example' we are using will have no 'dead times': therefore, we are looking at the optimal use of movement blink charging times (no seconds wasted between the moment the blinks are ready and the moment the nurse starts charging them, no overcharging of the first blink: everything will be immediate), while always holding W (always moving forward) towards the survivor;
    3. we are assuming range addons are working as intended. More specifically, as stated in the pwoer trivia, a blink maximum time is 1.5 seconds. The addons descriptions only mention that the charge time is increased (maintaining the normal charge time / meters ratio) but not the blink time, which is capped at 1.5 seconds. Therefore I assume that for blinks longer than 20 meters, the cap will always be 1.5 seconds per blink -> changes the blink movement speed to compensate;
    4. the second blink is assumed to last 1 second and to cover the full distance of 12 meters;
    5. last assumption: I'm taking into consideration the "worst case scenario" for the nurse, which is having to catch up after blinking twice and lunging, giving her the longest fatigue + full recovery of both blinks.

    So let's start with the numbers. At first I will analyze the distances covered while using no addons, dark cinture alone, fragile wheeze alone, and both the addons together. Then we will compare the results with range addons. The formula used is simple:

    Total distance = Fatigue duration × Fatigue movement speed + Walking time × Walking movement speed + Blink charge time × Blink charge movement speed + Blink range (max) + Chain blink time × Chain blink movement speed + Second blink range (max)

    The fatigue for the aforementioned scenario lasts 3.5 seconds, at which the nurse moves at 0.96 m/s. The distance covered is 3.36 m (constant).

    Charging the first full blink takes 2 seconds, at which the nurse moves at 2.89 m/s. Space covered = 5.78 m.

    The first blink lasts 1.5 seconds and covers 20 meters. The second blink is assumed to last around 1 second and cover 12 meters (^assumption). To charge it, the nurse will use 1.2 seconds at which she moves at 1.16 m/s. Distance covered: 1.392 m.

    Total fixed distance: 42.532 m; total fixed time: 9.2s

    The only variable in this case is the time that the nurse consumes walking normally after fatigue, which is affected by the addons. Therefore, I will calculate the single cases and add up the fixed values to each one of them:

    1. no addons: walks for 2.5 seconds at normal movement speed of 3.85 m/s. Distance covered: 9.625 m. Total distance covered: 52.157 m. Total time: 11.7 s. Avg speed: 4.46 m/s
    2. dark cincture: walks for 1.7 s. Distance covered: 6.545 m. Total distance covered: 49.077 m. Total time: 10.9 s. Avg speed: 4.50 m/s.
    3. fragile wheeze: walks for 1.3 s. Distance covered: 5.005 m. Total distance covered: 47.537 m. Total time: 10.5 s. Avg speed: 4.53 m/s.
    4. both addons: walks for 0.5 s. Distance covered: 1.925 m. Total distance covered: 44.457 m. Total time: 9.7 s. Avg speed: 4.58 m/s.

    Now lets compare this data with a survivor's data, namely the survivor that has just been M1ed and is running in a straight line away from the nurse. The survivor's data is obviously easier to calculate. They will have a fixed 6 m/s speed boost for 2 seconds (fixed 12 meters), then run at 4 m/s for the remaining time. I'm not considering any decelarion aspect (is there even any?): the transition between the 6 m/s and the 4 m/s is instant.

    1. no addons: 12 + (11.7 - 2) × 4 = 50.8 m. Distance difference: 1.357 m.
    2. dark cincture: 12 + (10.9 - 2) × 4 = 47.6 m. Distance difference: 1.477 m.
    3. fragile wheeze: 12 + (10.5 - 2) × 4 = 46 m. Distance difference: 1.537 m.
    4. both addons: 12 + (9.7 - 2) × 4 = 42.8 m. Distance difference: 1.657 m.

    This means that the better addon you use, the more distance the nurse covers, giving a smaller window of reaction to the survivor. Bear in mind that we're not taking into account the lunge too, as it would happen instantly after the data provided. But anyway, as you can see, the actual difference between using and not using addons is merely 30 cms. The 'actual' difference is that everything is sped up as it takes place in a smaller window of time. However, this is not what this thread is looking into. This data is used as a source of comparison with the actual point of the thread, which I'm going to explain now.

    When we take into consideration range addons (Heavy Panting and Kavanagh's Last Breath), we intoduce another variable: charge time. However, most of the numbers used until now stay the same.

    1. Heavy Panting only: we add 0.4 seconds to the first blink charge time with a speed of 2.89 m/s = 1.156 m, and 4 meters to the blink range. Since no addons are affecting the blink recharge time, we take the previous no addons data and simply add this. Final data is: 57.313 m in 12.1 s. Average movement speed: 4.74 m/s.
    2. KLB only: we add 0.6 seconds to the first blink charge time with a speed of 2.89 m/s = 1.734 m, and add 6 meters to the total distance = 59.891 m in 12.3 s. Avg speed: 4.87 m/s.
    3. Both addons: we add 1 second to charging time at 2.89 m/s = 2.89 m, and add 10 meters to the total range. Total distance covered: 65.047 m in 12.7 s. Avg speed: 5.12 m/s.
    4. Heavy Panting + Dark Cincture: Total Distance = 49.077 + 1.156 + 4 = 54.233 m. Time = 10.9 + 0.4 = 11.3 s. Avg speed: 4.80 m/s
    5. Heavy Panting + Fragile Wheeze: Total distance = 47.537 + 1.156 + 4 = 52.693 m. Time = 10.5 + 0.4 = 10.9 s. Avg speed: 4.83 m/s.
    6. KLB + Dark Cincture: Total Distance = 49.077 + 1.734 + 6 = 56.811 m. Time = 10.9 + 0.6 = 11.5 s. Avg speed: 4.94 m/s
    7. KLB + Fragile Wheeze: Total distance = 47.537 + 1.734 + 6 = 55.271 m. Time = 10.5 + 0.6 = 11.1 s. Avg speed: 4.98 m/s.

    Looking at the average speed alone, you can already conclude how strong range addons have. But let's compare it in terms of 'closing the gap' with the survivor, by calculating the distance covered by them in the same fragment of time and then subtracting it to the distance covered by the nurse:

    1. Heavy panting: 12 + (12.1 - 2) × 4 = 52.4 m. Distance difference: 4.913 m.
    2. KLB: 12 + (12.3 - 2) × 4 = 53.2 m. Difference: 6.691 m.
    3. Both addons: 12 + (12.7 - 2) × 4 = 54.8 m. Difference: 10.247 m.
    4. HP + DC: 12 + (11.3 - 2) × 4 = 49.2 m. Difference: 5.033 m.
    5. HP + FW: 12 + (10.9 - 2) × 4 = 47.6 m. Difference: 5.093 m.
    6. KLB + DC: 12 + (11.5 - 2) × 4 = 50 m. Difference: 6.811 m.
    7. KLB + FW: 12 + (11.1 - 2) × 4 = 48.4 m. Difference: 6.871 m.

    Conclusion + personal comment:

    As you can see, the distance covered when using range addons is a lot higher than that of the survivor. Not only that, but the use of Fragile wheeze only, in terms of raw distance, gives almost 300% more distance than using both recharge addons together. This renders almost any effort of making distance from the nurse useless, as she can immediately close the gap. I don't think this is healthy at all for the game, and the fact that those addons have no downside whatsoever is mindblowing for me.

    As I said earlier, recharge addons almost have no impact on the difference of the raw distances covered, they just impact the speed at which the game is played, and I don't want to discuss the balance of that in this thread, as the numbers are very similar.

    If we want to consider a more realistic scenario, the nurse will hit the survivor, and they will run somewhere where they can break line of sight. The nurse will be forced to walk for longer than the recharge time required. Then she will blink again to catch the survivor, who is probably trying to break LoS and build distance. If they 'win' the mindgame, they have a chance to actually make said distance, forcing the nurse to be a lot more precise in her next blink series. However, outplaying a nurse with range addons is basically useless, because she can close the gap immediately.

    If we take an addonless spirit for example, in the situation where she M1s a survivor and has her phase ready to go, you will find out that the duration of the phase is just enough for her to be in lunge range, if she tracks the exact same pathing as the survivor, and provided that there are no pallets or windows in between (you can do the math). Nurse doesn't care about these. So I don't think it is healthy for her to keep having these addons, at least with no downside. Taking spirit as example again, it would be as if Yakuyoke Amulet was never nerfed, or if MDR showed scratchmarks).

    Finally, even though in terms of raw numbers, double range addons combination is the strongest, I personally think that the 'best' is KLB + FW, as it helps cover the gap while also giving only 1.3 seconds of 'forced' walking time while the nurse can locate the survivor again.

    Again, this is not a thread about nurse, but about her addons.

    NB: I posted the average movement speeds as a normalization metric, as every case examined took into consideration different times and distances covered. However, this is not a discussion on the average speed of the nurse. Don't interpret it as "wow, she's actually faster than a standard 4.6!", because every killer has a way of closing the gap with survivors, and on average they will have an overall speed higher than 4.6 m/s too (blight, spirit, billy moving extremely fast almost as much as they want, clown and freddy slowing down survivors which could be seen as them speeding up, and so on).

    NBB: I really hope the math is correct. Maybe I made some mistakes here and there, if someone had the time to double check this it would do me a great favor :)

    I took a baseline scenario to compare the advantage you get, and I did it by assuming both blinks are used. With one single blink, results are even more busted

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054272#Comment_3054272

    You never answered what is wrong with Nurse; instead, you judge me simply based on my forum avatar, rather than factual evidence? Not that I expect anything less from someone who complains about one of the most balanced killers in the game.

    Ok. Conversation over.

    "Most balanced killers in the game." Okay so you're trolling that's good to know lol

  • Nurse is a relic from an era of DBD that no longer exists.

    The average player is not able to deal with what Nurse brings to the table (the complete disregard of every mechanic the game drills into you) and I do not believe she fits into DBD's current balance.

  • Because it would be a sign that the game will actually balanced one day.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054886#Comment_3054886

    LOL!

    Plenty in there. You don't want to search? That's fine with me.

    Still waiting on any footage from any of the regular nurse defenders in this thread.

    Oh gods. I was puzzled by the comment of @BrokenSouI about the baby killers you versed. I've finally gone to check your twitch channel.

    You cannot seriously expect someone to watch even a single 3 hours video to find footage without pointing to it directly with a timestamp. I wouldn't do that for Otz, Tru3, CocunutRTS nor even pretty Rayoxium.

    However, among the Huntresses and Bubbas, I've found one short video of the Nurse, from 2021/03/04 (nothing easy to find earlier). I certainly hope it was your first game with her.

    Feel free to point to a few videos, with timestamp, where you play her "better than everyone defending her on these forums". (I'll watch, promise). Videos where you verse her would be nice too.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054900#Comment_3054900

    Oh gods. I was puzzled by the comment of @BrokenSouI about the baby killers you versed. I've finally gone to check your twitch channel.

    You cannot seriously expect someone to watch even a single 3 hours video to find footage without pointing to it directly with a timestamp. I wouldn't do that for Otz, Tru3, CocunutRTS nor even pretty Rayoxium.

    However, among the Huntresses and Bubbas, I've found one short video of the Nurse, from 2021/03/04 (nothing easy to find earlier). I certainly hope it was your first game with her.

    Feel free to point to a few videos, with timestamp, where you play her "better than everyone defending her on these forums". (I'll watch, promise). Videos where you verse her would be nice too.

    I can't be bothered to do that. I've offered up my profile to show that I play at a very high level, which is simply true.

    I've offered this up which is much more than any of the people defending nurse are willing to do. Maybe if any of these nurse players showed any of their game footage that would help a lot. We could see where they are struggling, and maybe even help them.

    Like I said, I have about 6k hours in the game, the vast majority of which is streamed. I don't care enough to go through my footage and timestamp things, but it is there for anyone to see. If you want to be proven wrong in how you view nurse, then you are more than welcome to find it yourself. If not, that's fine too.

    I assume the video you are talking about is in highlights? Yeah.. I don't highlight nurse videos. It is embarassing playing a character so much stronger than the other team.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054947#Comment_3054947

    I can't be bothered to do that. I've offered up my profile to show that I play at a very high level, which is simply true.

    I've offered this up which is much more than any of the people defending nurse are willing to do. Maybe if any of these nurse players showed any of their game footage that would help a lot. We could see where they are struggling, and maybe even help them.

    Like I said, I have about 6k hours in the game, the vast majority of which is streamed. I don't care enough to go through my footage and timestamp things, but it is there for anyone to see. If you want to be proven wrong in how you view nurse, then you are more than welcome to find it yourself. If not, that's fine too.

    I assume the video you are talking about is in highlights? Yeah.. I don't highlight nurse videos. It is embarassing playing a character so much stronger than the other team.

    On the contrary its embarrassing complaining on the forum about a killer you hate simply because you suck. :)

  • @Cybil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054794#Comment_3054794

    They changed the rank system some time ago. Iri 1 only means that you'll be getting a lot of BP at rank reset. Unless you're a hacker it is impossible to tell what your actual rank is. Getting Nurse and Blight every other game is the only real tell that we have for survivors.

    *Edit: It's harder to tell with killer when you're at high mmr because sweaty swf groups are all over the place. I imagine high mmr is achieved once you hit a point where you feel that you are being forced to play meta.

    does mmr ever reset?

  • I've always had the opinion that Nurse is only balanced out by Dead Hard. Now that it's getting nerfed (and also DS) I think she needs a change.

    I don't mind basekit Nurse being strong, so long as her add-ons don't make her stupid. Imo her add-ons (range and recharge) need looked at. I also think Blights add-ons need nerfed also.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054947#Comment_3054947

    I can't be bothered to do that. I've offered up my profile to show that I play at a very high level, which is simply true.

    I've offered this up which is much more than any of the people defending nurse are willing to do. Maybe if any of these nurse players showed any of their game footage that would help a lot. We could see where they are struggling, and maybe even help them.

    Like I said, I have about 6k hours in the game, the vast majority of which is streamed. I don't care enough to go through my footage and timestamp things, but it is there for anyone to see. If you want to be proven wrong in how you view nurse, then you are more than welcome to find it yourself. If not, that's fine too.

    I assume the video you are talking about is in highlights? Yeah.. I don't highlight nurse videos. It is embarassing playing a character so much stronger than the other team.

    Just to start, I was wrong about one thing. I had checked another profile when I've checked yours and I've mixed the Nurse numbers: you have 3957 registered blink attacks, not ~6k like I believed. Not that there is a lot of difference. (I had checked another profile that day and I've mixed the numbers).

    That game from a year ago was way less on the expected skill scale. Overblinks, barely any game sense ... I couldn't bear to watch. I would be in bad faith if I didn't give you the opportunity to show what you really can do. If you don't want to after such display, Occam's razor tells me you cannot.

    And no, you have shown nothing. Pointing to a haystack and telling there is one or two sticks of slightly different sticks of hay to find there is obfuscation, a pretty common tactic when claims wouldn't stand scrutiny.

    You are the one telling you are so good by the way, nobody here is telling they are better than the others, only they don't struggle or they enjoy it.

    Showing your Nurse plays would be proving a positive (possible and reasonable, and the plays would be easy to analyze against all but the most inept survivors). Asking to prove a negative will never work though. The bad-faith counter will always be that the versed Nurse wasn't good enough. (This is why asking you to show how you versed her was only an after though, and only because you claimed, once again, you were better than everybody else.)

    Do you realize how transparent your evasion is?

    edit: fixed a grammatical ambiguity

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054947#Comment_3054947

    Exactly lol. I scrolled through a single video. All it was. Was steam rolls of baby killers with like 3-4 hooks at the EGC. It's no wonder they want nurse nerfed. Their killer gameplay was uninspiring as well, sadly. But hey they have 8k followers. So they're do pretty well I assume. So that's great for them. Despite condescending disagreements. I always like seeing people succeed. You would think that they would point to the exact videos and times. If they truly wanted to make a point

    As least if I make an argument about something. I back it up.

    https://youtu.be/W1fWZXslTlE

    I made another post where I pointed out all my errors and what I could of did. But I'm not a perfect survivor. I died at the end, because I took my eyes off her when she was doing a prediction blink. But I still ran her just fine. My team mates still went down pretty quickly. The difference ? Experience and knowing how to make a nurse work. I wish I recorded a match last night. I made another nurse look so bad last night after they demolished my team mates. They just let me go lol.

    Hell. Even my own nurse gameplay speaks for itself, and I'm maybe above average with her. That is on my own twitch for people to see tbh.

    I understand that perfectly. I've got this habit to push people to be their best (and then appropriately exploit their skills in my team, when it's a work thing). Liking or not isn't a factor : efficiency above all.

    Oh yes, that match. I believe we have talked about it. It's a fine example of good plays and the mistakes (in insight) and how to fix them should be easy to understand to any player with enough experience.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    When survivors are nerfed every patch and overall killers buffed every patch, all killers need nerfed. Why Nurse is a topic instead of Blight, which is tremendously easier to decimate teams is laughable.

    The simple solution is to buff survivors so it doesn't take absolute pro team to have a slight chance to win and remove all the wallhacking perks and addons killers have and killers like Nurse wouldn't need nerfing.

    Killers are a huge problem right now, not only nurse, because again survivors are insanely weak.

    Sluzzy, blight is not stronger than nurse. Huntress and demogorgon and wraith and all the others you complain about (Sadako?) are not stronger than nurse. If you're truly committed to being a survivor advocate then you have to respect that your favourite toy going in the bin is very high up on the survivor wishlist.

  • From a design POV the Nurse is excellent. Powerful, creepy, unique. The sort of thing that I would watch a movie about TBH.

    However DBD is no longer based around style, but balance. In that sense there is no justification for the nurse.


    1. Her counter does not exist. For people who say "Do this to counter Nurse." just... no. Nurse no longer has a counter. Her original counter was stealth. Using the mist, combined with the darker lighting gave survivors the ability to blend in with their environment. That's why survivors could beat 8 blink Nurses. Although TBH it wasn't really enough. But that's how you beat her. You never let her see you, and if she did, you need to break chase before she hit you, using the darker environment. Maps use to be bigger to justify this. With maps reworked and lighting much brighter the counter to Nurse, simply does not exist anymore.
    2. game balance is held back because of her. The entirety of DBD, needs to be based around ensuring Nurse is beatable. Which is bad design, when she is so far above the rest of the killers. Perks that are perfectly balanced, become way to overpowered, just on her. Infectious fright, starstruck. These sorts of perks are fine on most killers, sure they are better on some, then others. But nurse is the only one they are overpowered on, and killers are held back on the buffs they need because some killers like Nurse are simply so far removed form the norm, they have to remain weaker, holding back the weaker the killers. Survivors are the same, but survivors need the overpowered perks in order to beat her.
    3. The current strategy to beat a legitimately good nurse is to gen rush. Its the only method to counter her downing speed. You simply do the gens too fast for her to get the hooks, thus Nurses have started running infectious fright to counter this and slug everyone until they all go down and get one hooked.

    She is bad for balance and is holding DBD back from natural progression, despite the legitimate fun I find with her.

  • Every nurse uses the same, broken range addons that make her impossible to react to. I'm on the verge of quitting dbd until they are changed in some way. I suspect I'm not the only one thinking this and if I worked in Behaviour I would try to fix this ASAP before players start to quit in droves. Pretty much daily threads about nurse tell their own tale as well.

  • @Mewishis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054954#Comment_3054954

    On the contrary its embarrassing complaining on the forum about a killer you hate simply because you suck. :)

    Away, troll.

    @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054947#Comment_3054947

    Exactly lol. I scrolled through a single video. All it was. Was steam rolls of baby killers with like 3-4 hooks at the EGC. It's no wonder they want nurse nerfed. Their killer gameplay was uninspiring as well, sadly. But hey they have 8k followers. So they're do pretty well I assume. So that's great for them. Despite condescending disagreements. I always like seeing people succeed. You would think that they would point to the exact videos and times. If they truly wanted to make a point

    As least if I make an argument about something. I back it up.

    https://youtu.be/W1fWZXslTlE

    I made another post where I pointed out all my errors and what I could of did. But I'm not a perfect survivor. I died at the end, because I took my eyes off her when she was doing a prediction blink. But I still ran her just fine. My team mates still went down pretty quickly. The difference ? Experience and knowing how to make a nurse work. I wish I recorded a match last night. I made another nurse look so bad last night after they demolished my team mates. They just let me go lol.

    Hell. Even my own nurse gameplay speaks for itself, and I'm maybe above average with her. That is on my own twitch for people to see tbh.

    Why does it look like you have such a hard time moving your mouse and looking backwards? Are you playing with a controller on PC? I'm not even trying to joke..that's exactly what it looks like. I would work on the most basic parts of character movement, first. Obligatory "even a decent nurse would destroy you..."

    @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054954#Comment_3054954

    Just to start, I was wrong about one thing. I had checked another profile when I've checked yours and I've mixed the Nurse numbers: you have 3957 registered blink attacks, not ~6k like I believed. Not that there is a lot of difference. (I had checked another profile that day and I've mixed the numbers).

    That game from a year ago was way less on the expected skill scale. Overblinks, barely any game sense ... I couldn't bear to watch. I would be in bad faith if I didn't give you the opportunity to show what you really can do. If you don't want to after such display, Occam's razor tells me you cannot.

    And no, you have shown nothing. Pointing to a haystack and telling there is one or two sticks of slightly different sticks of hay to find there is obfuscation, a pretty common tactic when claims wouldn't stand scrutiny.

    You are the one telling you are so good by the way, nobody here is telling they are better than the others, only they don't struggle or they enjoy it.

    Showing your Nurse plays would be proving a positive (possible and reasonable, and the plays would be easy to analyze against all but the most inept survivors). Asking to prove a negative will never work though. The bad-faith counter will always be that the versed Nurse wasn't good enough. (This is why asking you to show how you versed her was only an after though, and only because you claimed, once again, you were better than everybody else.)

    Do you realize how transparent your evasion is?

    edit: fixed a grammatical ambiguity

    LOL. Oh my god. Found the video you're talking about. So you're just lying on the forums to save face. That is...sad. 5 generators left, 4k with nurse without using her undeniably broken purple range addon. Only missed blinks were due to survivors using their exhaustion perks. I'll use a bit more game sense next time and make it a 6 generator 4k, just for you. Not even my cleanest nurse game I can remember, but undoubtedly leagues better than you. Ready to show your gameplay?

    I'm honestly disappointed. I doubt anyone will bother clicking to watch the video. I certainly wouldn't bother. But they absolutely should. This guy just blatantly lied.

    Just nurse things, I guess. Shouldn't be surprised when that‘s how they try to convince the devs not to nerf nurse.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3055142#Comment_3055142

    LOL. Whatever you say my guy. That's what you took from the video ? Not a nurse getting juiced for about 2 minutes straight ? Not being able to get a down until I'm the one who ######### up...? At this point you're just trolling about even hating nurse. But go on about your day. Knowing that someone who "can barely do the basics" Can juice a nurse. Apparently better then you can. You should probably work on that. We're done here if that's your only argument. Commenting on how I like to move in game.

    You say nurse is OP, but provide no evidence. We ask for evidence of you facing these supposedly comp nurses, but you say find it yourself. We get a look at your survivor gameplay, and it's against total baby killers. We're done here.

    You did a single good juke. At the tree. At around 4:45. One single decent juke. One single good play. Against a nurse. And you honestly think it was you running the nurse and not the nurse just...not being good? At several parts of the video I was left wondering how the nurse lost sight of you when you didn't run behind anything, you kept on a straight path with no coverage. Maybe the nurse was using a controller to move the camera too..

    Sorry, but yeah, we're done...

    Yes, my 6k hours on stream and comp tournies and practice KYF with other comp players are all against bad players. Nevermind that the Korean server is known for its top killer players.

  • @JakeParkSimp said:

    Every nurse uses the same, broken range addons that make her impossible to react to. I'm on the verge of quitting dbd until they are changed in some way. I suspect I'm not the only one thinking this and if I worked in Behaviour I would try to fix this ASAP before players start to quit in droves. Pretty much daily threads about nurse tell their own tale as well.


    "Every Nurse uses the same, ..."

    Absolutely not, case in point:

    You'll also notice from the comments quite a few survivors enjoyed the matches, and at least one attests I'm not too bad playing her.


    image.png


    image.png

    ( no such thing as a god Nurse: )

    image.png


    image.png


    image.png


    image.png


    image.png


    image.png

    I have pages and pages of end games with that build, I even have some without anything. Oh what the heck, here is one:

    image.png

    (And my valorous opponent here was right of course, trying to pressure the gens works against Nurse as against any other killer. It could have worked.)

    I trust I've made my point.

  • As a console player who has cross play on, I only ever have an issue with Nurse when a sweaty comp style PC nurse decides to make solo Q casuals an absolute nightmare.

    I don't think she needs a nerf though. I just can't beat a high level PC nurse while I'm on console haha

  • @JordanMalicious said:

    As a console player who has cross play on, I only ever have an issue with Nurse when a sweaty comp style PC nurse decides to make solo Q casuals an absolute nightmare.

    I don't think she needs a nerf though. I just can't beat a high level PC nurse while I'm on console haha

    In case it's something you aren't aware of, Nurses are weak to 360 and console players tend to excel at it. Granted it works less and less against the more experienced players but sometimes a slight edge is all that's needed.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3055103#Comment_3055103

    "Every Nurse uses the same, ..."

    Absolutely not, case in point:

    You'll also notice from the comments quite a few survivors enjoyed the matches, and at least one attests I'm not too bad playing her.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EGQV6WBJP7HL/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WJOWECUQZ7HS/image.png

    ( no such thing as a god Nurse: )

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/THHUQ64RLRIR/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5GV4GZK8HLNX/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/M518OZ0DJYNH/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/C4J2NPQVOGRC/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BF22U48CQB1J/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RSFISZ4R5MRC/image.png

    I have pages and pages of end games with that build, I even have some without anything. Oh what the heck, here is one:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7MT9U3J5QZZF/image.png

    (And my valorous opponent here was right of course, trying to pressure the gens works against Nurse as against any other killer. It could have worked.)

    I trust I've made my point.

    And I have several videos on YouTube of myself doing a challenge of waiting 2, 3 and 4 minutes AFK at the start of the match and still getting the 4k.

    What's your point?

    Probably around 90 percent of nurses at high MMR use the same perks/addons that make the match even easier for her.

    And since you're sure to bring it up, I looked for the last game I played against a nurse. Didn't bother to cherry pick a super carry game. It is in my second to last stream. 20 minutes in on the swamp map. A bit clunky first chase, but more than enough to show how to play. Please. Learn.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3055160#Comment_3055160

    And I have several videos on YouTube of myself doing a challenge of waiting 2, 3 and 4 minutes AFK at the start of the match and still getting the 4k.

    What's your point?

    Probably around 90 percent of nurses at high MMR use the same perks/addons that make the match even easier for her.

    And since you're sure to bring it up, I looked for the last game I played against a nurse. Didn't bother to cherry pick a super carry game. It is in my second to last stream. 20 minutes in on the swamp map. A bit clunky first chase, but more than enough to show how to play. Please. Learn.

    The point was pretty clear but here is a tip: read the comment I've replied to, it shouldn't be too hard to understand.

    I will not deign to comment about the rest. Getting a stream and not giving the timestamp is being immature, it's the last time I waste my time on you.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3055154#Comment_3055154

    Alright. Well ignore that I broke LOS as much as possible. Read how long her blink was going to be and doubled back. Well ignore me knowing the timing at shack. Well ignore the part where I read the prediction blink inside the house and broke back outside immediately after breaking LOS. The nurse was bad, sure

    I'll ask again. Where is your comp footage ? Where is your KYF practice with comp ? Any comp player I personally know has footage so they can watch back and try to learn from it. Where is yours ? You keep saying the Korean server is known for amazing players...Yet I watched one stream. I seen nothing but baby killers, and you getting mediocre survivors ? 🤷

    Must be hard to judge the gameplay of others from a gamepad. Are you using a controller or not...?

    Are you joking? Comp DBD is an absolute joke. I only did it because I was asked to. Both sides have to be handicapped, the only way the killer (not nurse and Blight) can win is getting a fast first hook and getting a good first hook spawn. That's it. It's so boring. I didn't have interest in it while I was doing it. I don't now. I'm sure the footage is somewhere but yeah I have no idea where.

  • @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054000#Comment_3054000

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FXZK5Q0WHDME/images.jpeg

    This man spitting facts, I don't have a problem with nurse, in fact I rarely go against nurse and even if I do she ain't a problem, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose

    They do not have a point actually.

    All you have to do to win with Nurse is have the muscle memory for Blink distance. That's it.

    You don't need to learn how to run tiles.

    You don't need to learn how to mind game survivors.

    You don't need to even care about actual map layouts. Just blink through walls and floors as you please.

    Nurse just existing bypasses the actual intended flow of the game and the way its supposed to play out.


    Nurses' perceived skill floor is lower than a lot of people think. And its her low kill numbers because of this intimidating learning curve that protects her. But she's not okay, and the reason that you can tell she's not okay is because there hasn't been a killer like her since and no part of the game has evolved since her inclusion to also allow characters to so disregard the gameplay mechanics.

    At worst we have the anti-loop characters like Artist where it's easier just to run to another tile, but you're still running from tile to tile and she still has to follow you and work around these same tiles.

  • @Viskod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054101#Comment_3054101

    They do not have a point actually.

    All you have to do to win with Nurse is have the muscle memory for Blink distance. That's it.

    You don't need to learn how to run tiles.

    You don't need to learn how to mind game survivors.

    You don't need to even care about actual map layouts. Just blink through walls and floors as you please.

    Nurse just existing bypasses the actual intended flow of the game and the way its supposed to play out.

    Nurses' perceived skill floor is lower than a lot of people think. And its her low kill numbers because of this intimidating learning curve that protects her. But she's not okay, and the reason that you can tell she's not okay is because there hasn't been a killer like her since and no part of the game has evolved since her inclusion to also allow characters to so disregard the gameplay mechanics.

    At worst we have the anti-loop characters like Artist where it's easier just to run to another tile, but you're still running from tile to tile and she still has to follow you and work around these same tiles.

    Sure, you don't need to know every spot of the map to blind-blink to them properly and stand a chance. Nor do you need to learn the dead-zones. It's not a thing, at all.

    Spoken as a true connoisseur. /S 😆

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3055186#Comment_3055186

    Ok.....So comp is a joke. But you're using it as some kind of barometer for skill to prove a point of some sort. With your participation in comp tournies. With practicing in KYF with comp players.

    We just want to see you doing everything you can against these comp nurses. Or your comp nurse play. We want to see that no matter what you did and tried. These nurses are unbeatable. That's all

    The comp gameplay itself is mindless and dull. If you are not already a skilled player, however, you won't be invited to play. This is common sense, no? There is a reason DBD does not have a respected comp scene. And that is why.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I've always had the opinion that Nurse is only balanced out by Dead Hard. Now that it's getting nerfed (and also DS) I think she needs a change.

    I don't mind basekit Nurse being strong, so long as her add-ons don't make her stupid. Imo her add-ons (range and recharge) need looked at. I also think Blights add-ons need nerfed also.

    Any good Nurse is going to bait DH out to make it completely irrelevant. Which means anyone that says that DH has any impact on Nurse just isn't playing a good Nurse

    I watch a lot of streamers and they very rarely ever go up against many Nurse's, and even the Nurse's skill is often pretty debatable. So I don't quite understand how everyone on these forums seems to play nothing but Nurse, and also every time she's a god who 4ks in 2 minutes with the same addons and perks, every time. Well, is that surprising? What killers don't often use what's best for them? I'd say the only people running into "nothin but nurse" are probably SWFs, and I suppose I would be upset if I couldn't easily win against non-top tier killers with my friends, too.

  • @TeleportingTurkey said:

    Like, I don't understand it.

    You have a killer that once in a while makes you genuinely nervous in a horror game that stopped being scary for you many thousands of hours ago and who provides you with a unique chase gameplay which is always refreshing after having countless matches that can be boiled down to running in circles and holding shift+w. Not only that, each Nurse is different because of the skill differences on the player who uses her and winning against her is especially rewarding, because if you win against her, you have genuinely outplayed her.

    Not only that, but she's a killer whose pure existence justifies so many things survivors have and others killers don't have, meaning the game is easier against most other killers. SWF, many survivor perks that are not nerfed because they'd help against nurse, a lot of killer perks that would've been buffed if not for Nurse. You have so many indulgences because devs don't want you to have unfun game in that exceptional scenario where the nurse is actually god. Nurse also does the same with the mindset of most players as they know they can't win every time, but if they'd want to, they can always change to nurse, but while they are not, they can play for fun, instead of trying hard.

    Speaking of god nurses or "good nurses that are unbeatable", that is the same kind of mythical creature as a "good survivor" who allegedly doesn't make mistakes and thus can't be beaten. Everyone talk about it, nobody has ever seen it in real life. At least not that often for it to be a problem because it happens once every 100-200 matches and those are over in

    It's the same as 4 man swat SWF, that is allegedly supposed to demolish every killer, but reality pretty much every SWF is just people having fun playing the game and not trying hard to win or anything, however the mere fact of their existence makes the opposite side so worked up and nervous, they feel like the game is rigged, while nothing has changed at all, if not for the better for them.

    Nurse also does everyone a favour by concentrating pure tryhards on her, so they quickly rise in MMR and stay in their reclusive tournament tryhard club where they ruin games for each other, while other killers are already playing with a chill mindset.

    If Nurse is gone, there would be never enough of killer buffs to justify her being gone, because nothing would ever match with mythical 4 man deathsquad, so no matter what devs would add or buff, most killer players would still feel robbed and dissatisfied, so it would end up with you having to deal with a lot of S-A super oppressive killers and perks, that are still not as good as a mythical god nurse, but already beyond beatable levels for most players. Same for the survivors' perks or general strength, +10 seconds of gen times would feel like a joke to you, as devs would keep nerfing and nerfing survivors for the sake of compensating nurse removal.

    So yes, love and cherish Nurse, she's a necessary evil, just like SWF, to keep things in check and balance.

    survivors want a killer they can bully. Simple as that.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3055189#Comment_3055189

    Sure, you don't need to know every spot of the map to blind-blink to them properly and stand a chance. Nor do you need to learn the dead-zones. It's not a thing, at all.

    Spoken as a true connoisseur. /S 😆

    It's not.

    Just having her Blink perfected automatically on its own just negates a majority of the gameplay. You don't need to be a long distance blind blinking ace to consistently win with ease without having to worry about conventional looping, vaulting, pallets, or map layouts.

    And this is before you throw on all the Aura Reading Perks you want to negate walls, ceilings, and floors for the purpose of "blind" Blink Attacks.

    Not to mention that an attack after a Blink counts as a Basic Attacks and carries all of the benefits of the Perks that work with them.

  • @Tatt3dWon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054115#Comment_3054115

    That's not true there is a reason why she is the top used killer in every single tournament in dbd and they only let people use her once. Even against a god tier swf that has TENS of thousands of hours playing get mopped up by her in tournaments. If you watch tournament dbd you would understand why she needs to be worked on.

    This post sounds emotional. Upset because a good Nurse can’t be bullied, maybe?

  • The face some people dont understand why Nurse needs to be nerfed is hilarious.

    She is the best killer in the game by far and there is nothing you can do againts a good Nurse.

  • @Tatt3dWon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054200#Comment_3054200

    Doing the math on it now and cant tell if they are using the k as a hook state or not but the fact that nurse gets used more than the blight already shows that the nurse is better. so you stop talking since you dont know how to do simple brain calculations. never met a nurse main throw out so much "information" they didnt even understand its really bad to just throw up posts you dont understand. The best part is when he said they had no restrictions and were the best players in the world and they still were getting curb stomped in points to the nurse. The restricted ones are much worse since nurse doesn't even need perks to be good.

    I was right “emotional damage”. Dismissing someone’s opinion just because you don’t like it, doesn’t make it valid.

  • Must be very coincidental that every other killer is ######### on in this game besides Nurse and Blight because of 16x second chances. Just saying.

  • @TeleportingTurkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3053997#Comment_3053997

    why should an average player be able to best a better player?

    I mean, you don't have a problem when a killer is bested by better survivors, do you? I think it's fair that a worse player loses to a better player, that's why MMR system exists to sort them out.

    That's the problem. Learning to blink shouldn't mean you can beat everyone you go against. An analogy would be if the Trapper won every game he played just from learning how to place traps.

    There are survivor players who are much better than Nurse players getting stomped by the Nurse player because she ignores all the stuff every other killer has to deal with. How is that fair for all the other killer players. Maybe all the other killers should be able to walk through walls, pallets and windows so they are on equal footing as the Nurse.

    She's been top killer for too long and needs to be put down on the bottom of the list for a while.

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054000#Comment_3054000

    That's the problem. Learning to blink shouldn't mean you can beat everyone you go against. An analogy would be if the Trapper won every game he played just from learning how to place traps.

    There are survivor players who are much better than Nurse players getting stomped by the Nurse player because she ignores all the stuff every other killer has to deal with. How is that fair for all the other killer players. Maybe all the other killers should be able to walk through walls, pallets and windows so they are on equal footing as the Nurse.

    She's been top killer for too long and needs to be put down on the bottom of the list for a while.

    It takes a lot less skill to place traps, that's the point. Trapper should be less successful he's easier to pilot. That is what a skill cap is. Show me a Trapper rework that introduces more skill/knowledge into placing traps and I'll be the first one to say sign me up, I'd love it of every killer was nuanced enough to justify higher performance.

    Survivors have tools and strats to beat Nurse, regardless of whether they refuse to use/learn them.

  • @TeleportingTurkey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3054570#Comment_3054570

    If you want every match to be a sweatfest with S-A tier killer, then that's what you'd end up with.

    Killers would end up being minmaxed monsters with ultra oppressive chase/map pressure power because that's what most of them have and believe me, it wouldn't be fun.

    Where did I say I wanted that?

    I would prefer if Nurse and Blight got knocked down and all the C-D killers got brought up to B tier if all the killers were A-B tier I think that would make the game the most healthy.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3055298#Comment_3055298

    It takes a lot less skill to place traps, that's the point. Trapper should be less successful he's easier to pilot. That is what a skill cap is. Show me a Trapper rework that introduces more skill/knowledge into placing traps and I'll be the first one to say sign me up, I'd love it of every killer was nuanced enough to justify higher performance.

    Survivors have tools and strats to beat Nurse, regardless of whether they refuse to use/learn them.

    Either way, Nurse has been at the top to long. It's time to rotate her out of being a top tier killer and let some of the other killers shine.

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3055306#Comment_3055306

    Either way, Nurse has been at the top to long. It's time to rotate her out of being a top tier killer and let some of the other killers shine.

    Nerfing Nurse does NOT help other killers get their chance in the spotlight. Killers are not competing against Nurse, they are competing against survivors.

    Buffing other killers was and is the much needed solution.

    Additionally given that she still has the worst killrate, her time shining is questionable.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3055331#Comment_3055331

    Nerfing Nurse does NOT help other killers get their chance in the spotlight. Killers are not competing against Nurse, they are competing against survivors.

    Buffing other killers was and is the much needed solution.

    Additionally given that she still has the worst killrate, her time shining is questionable.

    Nerfing Nurse and buffing another killer to at least Blight level would rotate out top tier killers, so the meta doesn't get stale. League of Legends does this exact thing because they don't want people getting bored of the same character always being the top tier character.

    In fact, I'm pretty sure every competitive game where characters have different strengths does this. DOTA, Overwatch, Super Smash Bros, League of Legends all do this.

    I think players are tired of always seeing Nurse as the number 1 killer.

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3055337#Comment_3055337

    Nerfing Nurse and buffing another killer to at least Blight level would rotate out top tier killers, so the meta doesn't get stale. League of Legends does this exact thing because they don't want people getting bored of the same character always being the top tier character.

    In fact, I'm pretty sure every competitive game where characters have different strengths does this. DOTA, Overwatch, Super Smash Bros, League of Legends all do this.

    I think players are tired of always seeing Nurse as the number 1 killer.

    Seeing? Not even close.

  • @Gindaen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3055337#Comment_3055337

    Nerfing Nurse and buffing another killer to at least Blight level would rotate out top tier killers, so the meta doesn't get stale. League of Legends does this exact thing because they don't want people getting bored of the same character always being the top tier character.

    In fact, I'm pretty sure every competitive game where characters have different strengths does this. DOTA, Overwatch, Super Smash Bros, League of Legends all do this.

    I think players are tired of always seeing Nurse as the number 1 killer.

    Again, given her kill rate, and her pick rate, who is she #1 for? The absolute top echelon of survivor players in a system already marred by horrible MMR? I have no doubt Nurse performs well when played incredibly well, that's part of her appeal, but you have to look at who's having these games to decide if she's worth nerfing. Survivors who lose to Nurse because they refuse to utilize all their resources effectively, or adopt a meta that is more favorable to beating Nurse, is not a Nurse problem. It's a survivor problem. People who want Nurse nerfed need to pick whichever they believe to be the reality:

    • Nurse has a horrible kill rate because so many people try her and give up on her - Great, should we make the entry level even worse? That's what'll happen when she's nerfed
    • Nurse has a horrible kill rate because the reality is she doesn't really ever overperform, and most survivors are losing to Nurses who, and no surprise here, also lose some of their games to better survivors - I think this one is the most likely outcome, but neither of the above justify nerfing her.

    It really sounds like you agree with me, but you just want her nerfed anyway. DOTA, Smash Bros, LOL, and Overwatch all have ginormous balancing issues of their own. Let's not source another games drama.

    Going back to my original point, you can't just buff other killers up to blights level. Part of why Blight and Nurse ARE at that level is because of their design, you can't just pick them up and spank with their power. You have to spend a lot of time amassing a lot of knowledge and muscle memory to make the plays they're capable of making.

    How do you do that with a power like Trapper's?

    Edit: I still clearly want these low tier killers buffed/reworked/made loveable by more than just the core constituents who refuse to give up on them, but that has nothing to do with Nurse, and all these unloved killers should be getting threads, not Nurse.

  • It blows my mind people will see the decent characters and the varying degrees of mildly to largely subpar characters and demand nerfs for the former instead of buffs for the latter.

1 2 3 4 5 6