Coal Tower killswitched
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1541503983147163650?s=20&t=5vokSN4nV2aTBCVq4LydKA
Rip one of the best maps in the game
Tagged:
BHVR
Rip one of the best maps in the game
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Fixed an issue with Coal Tower being a little too balanced.
Amen. Hope they go an extra mile and rework that map.
Oh, damn. Do we know what prompted this?
That is a quick response if the problem was in this patch, so I'm impressed either way.
As we said in the tweet there was an issue with the basement, killers were just too tall to fit it seems!
So it was killswitched about an hour ago - the forum post in the KB was updated then.
Huh!
Well, I'm glad I didn't have the misfortune of finding that out before it was killswitched, lol. Hope it's fixed soon, I like this map!
Another gigantic bug affecting killers... what a shame. At least it's kill switched, we wouldn't want sabo squads sending killers to coal tower and forcing the killer to only have basement hooks now would we. Then we'd have to punish killers if they decided to DC or be toxic if they managed to slug...That being said, when are we KILLSWITCHING Nurse for making every other killer weak? When are we killswitching Garden of Joy?
Salty, much?
lol
Calm down.
Wot
Salty? Nah just this things happen everytime. We can't have a simple update without breaking something. IT's the same story with DbD every update.
How manny issues do you wanna bet there will be with the Balance Update? An update of that magnitude is definetly gonna bring very unpleasent stuff. Remember the Launch of the RE Chapter? I do! Remember the Launch of Twins Chapter? I do!
I'm saying thankfully they killswitched the map already, would be such a shame if survivors exploited that... And since the killswitch works why can't we just killswitch other problems? Given the track record of Band aid fixes, you'd expect the killswitch to be the holy grail of band aids. Problems with X? Killswitch it! Praise the Holy Band aid!
You good bro?
A "gigantic bug". I see what you did there ;)
Dayuuum! I shouldn't be lol-ing in real life over something like this, but I did. Still! With all the changes comming I want to curb my negativity and stay positiv. But that match I just had doesn't make this any easier.
How dramatic can you be? 😂
I just read this as "chances of going to Shelter Woods has gone up"
Cant say I care about Coal Tower
@ Devs, I heard that lots of maps had unfortunately basement issues, TIA to kill swtich:
:)
At least it’s getting fixed in a timely manner. What do you think caused it so killers couldn’t go inside the basement?
Sweet. I played Smolface on that map earlier. Never used basement 🤷♂️
Good, it's a crap map.
Too big and too many pallets.
Good luck playing Hag on there or Trickster, wouldn't mind if it's killswitch for ever.
We all know what actually happen
It was the Flans
Killer mains out there collecing a ######### ton of flan and got fat along the process, lmao.
I mean uh, that's unfortunate!
Too big? Are you high? It's one of the smallest maps in the game.
If you look at the pallet-to-loop ratio there are many safe vaults and the generator spread is massive.
It's not a fun map to play as a slow killer when there are safe pallets everywhere and if you mess up there are jungle gyms.
Cry less. All games have bugs. Every single game. Every single game that has ever existed infact.
Some bugs favor killers. Some bugs favor survivors. You act like this was intentional. Grow up.
It's the "same story" because it's a game that updates frequently with new content. S*** happens. So 1 map out of dozens is down, is it that big of a deal?
It is the smallest open map... only 132 sqt and its main building is small and not so strong compared with other maps.
Exactly. I play a lot of "slow" M1 killers, and I have never been upset with that map. Give me Coal Tower over a corn map or any of the Badham maps anyday, and much preferable over Ironworks. Or the Swamp maps.
The poster you quoted mentioned Hag -- one of the easiest games I've ever had was Hag on that map when the basement spawned in the main building. A couple of traps at the openings, leave the breakable walls up, and everyone who went into the basement never came out.
I disagree that it's too safe, but those are at least fair arguments.
This is one of the most hilarious sounding bugs ever 🤣 thanks for making my entire day
Good riddance
One of the best? IMO not in a million years with the ridiculous setups you can get.