Is it safe to say that Oni-Chan is the Killer every Survivor loves to face?

I also like Billy a lot but I know he is very polarizing as a Killer to some. However, it seems that Oni is well-respected amongst the community & everyone loves him.

Comments

  • Honestly no, i don't like Oni so much. Because most of them are slugging you. I am not judging that because this is part of his base-kit. But i don't like him.


    Billy is probably most loved killer to face.

  • I adore Oni, only thing I wish is that he would passively gain his power so that he can't be completely denied it against good loopers.

  • My only gripes with oni is mostly teammates being morons

  • I don't think so, he is slugking.

  • I always love facing Kazan!

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Honestly no, i don't like Oni so much. Because most of them are slugging you. I am not judging that because this is part of his base-kit. But i don't like him.

    Billy is probably most loved killer to face.

    @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/329380/is-it-safe-to-say-that-oni-chan-is-the-killer-every-survivor-loves-to-face

    ######### no. He's miserable tbh. It's always the same game. Oni gets first hit. Bleeds them for his power. And if he sees you. You're just dead if they're good enough. It's about as much fun as a Miguel or a GF 99ing you, and popping it when they're up your ass

    @fulltonon said:

    I don't think so, he is slugking.

    Y’all are breaking ma heart 😩

    However @MikaelaWantsYourBoon you make a good argument about Billy being the communities fav. We should do a poll.

    @Viciusaurus said:

    I adore Oni, only thing I wish is that he would passively gain his power so that he can't be completely denied it against good loopers.

    @DoritoHead said:

    I always love facing Kazan!

    So glad there are people who agree! I love facing him and Billy so much.

  • Sometimes the hotboxes for onis instadown feel bad. I don't really care for facing him especially in solo queue

  • He's def my favourite killer to face

    His power has a lot of counterplay - be it before he has it or when he's in it

    His chase music is a banger

    He doesn't completely ignore key elements of the game like pallets and windows, but he can deal with them. Key difference

    While a lot of people use him to slug, they can't just do it infinitely because his power is finite. It's not like Nurse/Blight/Twins where they can just keep slugging over and over with the same efficiency

  • @Brokenbones said:

    He's def my favourite killer to face

    His power has a lot of counterplay - be it before he has it or when he's in it

    His chase music is a banger

    He doesn't completely ignore key elements of the game like pallets and windows, but he can deal with them. Key difference

    While a lot of people use him to slug, they can't just do it infinitely because his power is finite. It's not like Nurse/Blight/Twins where they can just keep slugging over and over with the same efficiency

    His chase music definitely bumps! πŸ’œ

  • Billy is lame, Oni is cool

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Billy is lame, Oni is cool

    Hey hey hey! No Billy slander in these parts. Max deserves all the loveeeee. But yes, Oni-chan is definitely the King of cool.

  • No. As a SoloQ survivor he is the most likely to 4k. In the roughly 1k survivor hours that I have under my belt, I maybe escaped like a dozen Onis out of hundreds. I did have one of my three 5 gen chases with one though, it was exhilarating looping him without going down while he was in fury.

  • demo is always fun! and i love a good oni. i've never been as terrified as i was playing against an Oni with Plaything on RPD.

  • oni and billy are on equal levels of me loving to go against them lol

  • No, I dislike playing against Oni, never liked gotta go fast Killers, not as Survivor or Killer.

  • Not my favorite due to the inconsistent mechanics of his turn/flick hits. Similar to blight, some people are able to bypass the normal restrictions and hit you around corners. This is annoying.

    Also, the fact that once he has his power he can basically keep it up for the rest of the game very easily.

  • I don't like or dislike Oni, I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to him.

    I love Trapper, he's only killer that the next round I'm still watching out for traps even though I know it's not him. πŸ˜‚

  • I don't think there is one killer that everyone likes to play as or go against. It's just too subjective.

    I do think that Demogorgon seems to be the most universally liked killer in this game though, but even with Demo I have seen some people say they don't like going against him.

    I do think Oni is definitely one of the more liked killers as well though.

  • @bm33 said:

    I don't like or dislike Oni, I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to him.

    I love Trapper, he's only killer that the next round I'm still watching out for traps even though I know it's not him. πŸ˜‚

    If there is any Killer in DBD that causes long-lasting paranoia, its definitely Evan. πŸ˜‚

    @ad19970 said:

    I don't think there is one killer that everyone likes to play as or go against. It's just too subjective.

    I do think that Demogorgon seems to be the most universally liked killer in this game though, but even with Demo I have seen some people say they don't like going against him.

    I do think Oni is definitely one of the more liked killers as well though.

    Yeah, I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything bad against Demo & how people hate facing him/her/them. (Idk what to call Demo 😭)

  • I like him but there's no killer that every survivor enjoys going against

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3010986#Comment_3010986

    If there is any Killer in DBD that causes long-lasting paranoia, its definitely Evan. πŸ˜‚

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3010987#Comment_3010987

    Yeah, I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything bad against Demo & how people hate facing him/her/them. (Idk what to call Demo 😭)

    I don't even have to step in a trap/come across one in the match to still be paranoid in the next match πŸ˜‚

  • The only Onis I see are sweaty PC ones

  • I don’t enjoy Oni at all

  • @Viciusaurus said:

    I adore Oni, only thing I wish is that he would passively gain his power so that he can't be completely denied it against good loopers.

    He do gain power passively there is add on for it too.

  • @Viciusaurus said:

    I adore Oni, only thing I wish is that he would passively gain his power so that he can't be completely denied it against good loopers.

    He gets it passively but it takes very long. I think oni should just start with his power.

  • I've asked this question a lot about which killers are fun to face. The answer is on the most part any of them as long as you don't play like a jerk (extreme tunnel/face camp). Oni is no exception.

    True some lean more into 'nasty' play but really any killer can honestly be 'not fun' to go up against. Even if you try and be 'wholesome' some people can see something as toxic and hate playing against it no matter which killer you play.

  • Why do hug tech with Blight when you can just turn around an instadown infinite lunge with Oni?

  • @Brokenbones said:

    He's def my favourite killer to face

    His power has a lot of counterplay - be it before he has it or when he's in it

    His chase music is a banger

    He doesn't completely ignore key elements of the game like pallets and windows, but he can deal with them. Key difference

    While a lot of people use him to slug, they can't just do it infinitely because his power is finite. It's not like Nurse/Blight/Twins where they can just keep slugging over and over with the same efficiency

    Look, that's Victor's fault, don't bring charlotte into this.

  • He's certainly not my favorite to face, but hes pretty far from the least favorite too, by design once has his blood rage there is very little you can do to stop a good player which is fair because that is not an ability that he just gets for free, but that doesn't mean it can't feel bad either.

    I do like onis that for flicks though, I rarely encounter onis who struggle to pull off even simple 90s, much less 180s.

  • I canΒ΄t say i like him...

  • An Oni slugged me 3 times while I ran no mither yesterday. For that game he became my favorite killer.

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    Angy boi

    Yus angy boi. πŸ’œ

    @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011000#Comment_3011000

    I don't even have to step in a trap/come across one in the match to still be paranoid in the next match πŸ˜‚

    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ relatable.

    @Slowpeach said:

    I've asked this question a lot about which killers are fun to face. The answer is on the most part any of them as long as you don't play like a jerk (extreme tunnel/face camp). Oni is no exception.

    True some lean more into 'nasty' play but really any killer can honestly be 'not fun' to go up against. Even if you try and be 'wholesome' some people can see something as toxic and hate playing against it no matter which killer you play.

    I don’t agree. Legion is AWFULLY dull and not fun or engaging to face. I’d face anyone else over them.

    @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3010880#Comment_3010880

    Look, that's Victor's fault, don't bring charlotte into this.

    LOL. Poor Charlotte always being dragged into mess because of Victors childish antics.

  • @RiskyKara said:

    An Oni slugged me 3 times while I ran no mither yesterday. For that game he became my favorite killer.

    I’d let him slug me into 2024 πŸ₯ΉπŸ’œ

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011004#Comment_3011004

    Yus angy boi. πŸ’œ

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011029#Comment_3011029

    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ relatable.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011169#Comment_3011169

    I don’t agree. Legion is AWFULLY dull and not fun or engaging to face. I’d face anyone else over them.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011176#Comment_3011176

    LOL. Poor Charlotte always being dragged into mess because of Victors childish antics.

    Actually you just reinforced what I said <3. Some people hate a killer no matter what and I also said on the most part.

    Legion is actually my most played killer and I had someone literally user named IHateLegion tell me that I don't hate your Legion. Granted I barely use Joey's power and just do it for the music and silly builds and vaulting but yeah.

  • I hate snowball killers. His power is so over the top the only counter is denying him blood. It creates situations where he stomps or starves, and it's usually a stomp because SoloQs feed him early.

    If people couldn't abuse turn rates maybe it would be different

  • Despite his hitboxes being a bit absurd at times, Oni is fun to play against IF your teammates aren't completely useless.

    Being a solo-queue only player, Oni usually means an easy 4k for the killer, but that's an MMR issue. If MMR actually did its job I think Oni would be the most thrilling killer to face.

  • I like facing Oni, however I detest facing Billy.

    With Oni's wind up I feel there's room for outplay and dodging it if I'm skilled enough even in a dead zone.

    With Billy if I'm in a dead zone it's just an auto free down, no counter play. Not fun.

    Billy is literally just a pallet/window check every time he comes up on you. Now him trying to curve and me dodge those curves is fun, but the interactions when there isn't a pallet or window diminishes that fun.