I see why killers are the way they are

I survivor main. I can count on my fingers how many times I’ve played killer but last night I wanted to try. So going into my first killer match for the first time in 2 years, I’m matched up wit god tier survivors with dead hards, DS, boons etc. They gen rushed and teabagged me all throughout the chases. But after the final gen was completed, I had the NOED surprise and was able to get 3/4. Of course the all proceeded to message me and tell me how trash I am etc etc and I camped bodies but realistically, what am I supposed to do with a sweaty team like that when all the gens are done? I see why killers are leaving this game or resorting to camping especially with toxic survivors

Comments

  • Kudos for you for trying killer - it’s not easy! I respect your opinion a lot more than the survivor mains who are too cowardly to try playing killer but still confidently claim that killers can easily get 4K at high MMR without camping/tunneling or using sweaty meta builds.

  • Just depends what killer you are playing. Top tier killers I can see the argument against camping and tunneling.

    Low tier killers have absolutely nothing else they can do. I been trying to make Onryo work again today and it's literal torture. Almost no chase power, can't hit and run cause of boons, lullaby stealth killer, and people can avoid her projection from miles away.

    I want to play her so bad because I love her character but she's soooo weak I am typically resorting to tunneling the first survivor off hook most games

  • @OpenX said:

    Just depends what killer you are playing. Top tier killers I can see the argument against camping and tunneling.

    Low tier killers have absolutely nothing else they can do. I been trying to make Onryo work again today and it's literal torture. Almost no chase power, can't hit and run cause of boons, lullaby stealth killer, and people can avoid her projection from miles away.

    I want to play her so bad because I love her character but she's soooo weak I am typically resorting to tunneling the first survivor off hook most games

    I agree. I want to try her too but I’m afraid that’ll happen and I hate to be that killer that just tunnels


  • PLay 2500 hours of it then make another post like this telling us how you feel.

    THAT is why killers are the way they are.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    naaah you only played one game.

    PLay 2500 hours of it then make another post like this telling us how it went

    What will be the difference? Will it get worse or more toxic? I’m genuinely trying to learn

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    Kudos for you for trying killer - it’s not easy! I respect your opinion a lot more than the survivor mains who are too cowardly to try playing killer but still confidently claim that killers can easily get 4K at high MMR without camping/tunneling or using sweaty meta builds.

    It’s not easy at all. Especially with basic perks. Kudos to killers for still sticking it out

  • @Key said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2915171#Comment_2915171

    What will be the difference? Will it get worse or more toxic? I’m genuinely trying to learn

    my attempt at sarcasm did not come across, I tried rewording it but shrug

    no, you;re just gonna experience 2500 hours of what you experienced in one game ;)

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2915174#Comment_2915174

    my attempt at sarcasm did not come across, I tried rewording it but shrug

    no, you;re just gonna experience 2500 hours of what you experienced in one game ;)

    Lol it did but I wasn’t certain. Thanks tho

  • @Key said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2915171#Comment_2915171

    What will be the difference? Will it get worse or more toxic? I’m genuinely trying to learn

    It's pretty much always gonna be toxic. If you play 10~ killer games and win 9 of them, I wanna say you will get:

    4 Salty Lobbies

    5 Silent Lobbies

    1 gg ez lobby

    I can literally go whole days without a gg as killer. But the second you lose it's gg ez. Best thing you can do is turn chat off as killer imo.

    Even when you play fair you will still get BM'd, alot of the times by people you went out of your way to give another chance

  • On a total tangent I player Deathslinger the other day with Ruin and Haunted Grounds. My Deathslinger is pretty bad because my aim sucks, and unfortunately midmatch the very first totem they cleansed was the Ruin, so I was going into the endgame with everybody alive and about five or six hooks I think. But then at the end, when the gens finished, I was chasing a survivor and someone destroyed Haunted Grounds! 😄 I’m guessing they were worried about NOED so they unintentionally gave me the same effect for 60 seconds. Ended up downing three in a row before it was over, it was pretty ironic since they’d have been better off if I had actually run NOED in the first place like they thought!

  • @Key said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2915171#Comment_2915171

    What will be the difference? Will it get worse or more toxic? I’m genuinely trying to learn

    It gets better as you become a better killer but it’s still super frustrating. There are some maps that have multiple strong loops connected to each other and good survivors who have these loops memorized can just run them all day. Really nothing you can do about it other than hope they make a mistake or once you finally down them you camp and tunnel them out of the match.

  • @dugman said:

    On a total tangent I player Deathslinger the other day with Ruin and Haunted Grounds. My Deathslinger is pretty bad because my aim sucks, and unfortunately midmatch the very first totem they cleansed was the Ruin, so I was going into the endgame with everybody alive and about five or six hooks I think. But then at the end, when the gens finished, I was chasing a survivor and someone destroyed Haunted Grounds! 😄 I’m guessing they were worried about NOED so they unintentionally gave me the same effect for 60 seconds. Ended up downing three in a row before it was over, it was pretty ironic since they’d have been better off if I had actually run NOED in the first place like they thought!

    Sheesh! Good for you! I literally couldn’t imagine being a killer main. It’s hard

  • @Key said:

    I survivor main. I can count on my fingers how many times I’ve played killer but last night I wanted to try. So going into my first killer match for the first time in 2 years, I’m matched up wit god tier survivors with dead hards, DS, boons etc. They gen rushed and teabagged me all throughout the chases. But after the final gen was completed, I had the NOED surprise and was able to get 3/4. Of course the all proceeded to message me and tell me how trash I am etc etc and I camped bodies but realistically, what am I supposed to do with a sweaty team like that when all the gens are done? I see why killers are leaving this game or resorting to camping especially with toxic survivors

    Welcome to the killer side of dbd: full of those types of "people", even if I play fair this is how end 90% of my matches

  • Their eyes have been opened!

    image.png


  • @OpenX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2915174#Comment_2915174

    It's pretty much always gonna be toxic. If you play 10~ killer games and win 9 of them, I wanna say you will get:

    4 Salty Lobbies

    5 Silent Lobbies

    1 gg ez lobby

    I can literally go whole days without a gg as killer. But the second you lose it's gg ez. Best thing you can do is turn chat off as killer imo.

    Even when you play fair you will still get BM'd, alot of the times by people you went out of your way to give another chance

    what is BM?

  • 5 Silent Lobbies

    Is it toxic not to say anything now ?

  • Only see GG when they get out


    if I kill them it’s complete silence or I did xyz and are bad at killer.

  • Well which killer were you playing and which map was it? And if you don’t play killer much it won’t be easy

  • This is why i encourage everyone to play both sides often.

  • So youre bad and after one game you think that tunneling, camping and playing NOED is the solution. Its so embarassing to see this misjudgment every time someone lost a game as killer.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    Well which killer were you playing and which map was it? And if you don’t play killer much it won’t be easy

    I was playing Doc but we were on the Coal tower so needless to say endless loops

  • Lol they definitely have. It’s harddd

  • Bad manners. Teabagging, macro spamming a flashlight, emoting in chase, insults in endgame chat, etc etc.

    @Tiufal said:

    So youre bad and after one game you think that tunneling, camping and playing NOED is the solution. Its so embarassing to see this misjudgment every time someone lost a game as killer.

    Not really, I mean my last two games have been 2k's. First was hard camping / tunneling as Onryo and the survivors whined about it endlessly in the postgame.

    Second was playing some ice blight on Ormond and I got a 2k but like 9 hooks or something with no slowdown.

    The second was infinitely more fun even though the end result was exactly the same. I didn't have to cringe every time someone immediately ran to the main building every chase.

    The weaker killers are straight up forced into it unless you want to get 3 hooks and a 4 man out every game the survivors want to play sweaty.

  • @Key said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2915255#Comment_2915255

    I was playing Doc but we were on the Coal tower so needless to say endless loops

    The issue was Doctor

  • What killer do you prefer then? I only have the basic killers

  • Yeah I am a survivor main and only played survivor for my first 400 or so hours in game. Once I actually started to try killer... yeah... I understand.

  • @Key said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2915310#Comment_2915310

    What killer do you prefer then? I only have the basic killers

    Heres what I did.

    Played 5 matches as each one. Then I had my own list of which killers worked best for my playstyle, and which just weren't for me. Each killer is different enough that results vary based on whether you are on console or PC, what other style games you play well, etc.

  • @Key said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2915310#Comment_2915310

    What killer do you prefer then? I only have the basic killers

    It saddens me, but I am a over 2000 hour killer main who used to play doctor. All my games were miserable...I dropped him in 2019 though and haven't really leveled him since. So I think he just needs updated perks but he isn't the strongest killer. Play who you enjoy though :) sooner or later MMR should drop you in a good place. Strongest killers? Nurse, Hillbilly for basic. Huntress is really good also and so is Wraith. Trapper is.....difficult. You can do well if you have really good map knowledge though. Oh and if you play on console, Hag is also really good! With practice of course.

  • @Key said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2915171#Comment_2915171

    What will be the difference? Will it get worse or more toxic? I’m genuinely trying to learn

    As you get better at a certain killer your MMR goes up thus it gets worst then better then worst then better. You get the picture.

    My advice would be to get some tips from ManFaceJay on youtube. He will open your eyes further into the depths of survivor entitlement.

  • @Key said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2915310#Comment_2915310

    What killer do you prefer then? I only have the basic killers

    I’ve played Hillbilly and Hag to great success although Hag is bugged right now.

  • @Rokjer said:

    5 Silent Lobbies

    Is it toxic not to say anything now ?

    It is if you only GG when you win.

  • Playing nicely gets you nowhere. I play both sides and although I get bitter when I get tunnelled, I do understand why they did it and it was the right, albeit annoying thing to do.

    I let survivors escape from the hook all the time thus I get penalised a lot for doing so. Need to stop being so nice in balanced games.

  • I never say anything.

    Not even "GG" ; I don't like this expression either.

  • You are very low experience killer and they were all god-tier, at least that is how you are describing them. That is the way it should be. You still killed 3 or 4 because of a perk, I would argue that shouldn't be possible to almost win with that kind of experience vs experience.

    It is a PvP game so naturally the chat is going to be the way it is. A lot in this game can feel very unfair. You winning with NOED although they may be really good with a lot of experience compared to your killer can be rather tilting.

  • @Key said:

    I survivor main. I can count on my fingers how many times I’ve played killer but last night I wanted to try. So going into my first killer match for the first time in 2 years, I’m matched up wit god tier survivors with dead hards, DS, boons etc. They gen rushed and teabagged me all throughout the chases. But after the final gen was completed, I had the NOED surprise and was able to get 3/4. Of course the all proceeded to message me and tell me how trash I am etc etc and I camped bodies but realistically, what am I supposed to do with a sweaty team like that when all the gens are done? I see why killers are leaving this game or resorting to camping especially with toxic survivors

    I’m a survivor main, but I play wraith once a month. I don’t know what game you’re playing, but I get 4k and I would probably get 3-4k without turning on the monitor.

  • Funny how this is one of the only communities I've seen that shames/######### talks you for trying to win on one side but if you try to do it on the other its normal. Luckily over the years its gotten a little better but it still happens.

  • @Key said:

    I survivor main. I can count on my fingers how many times I’ve played killer but last night I wanted to try. So going into my first killer match for the first time in 2 years, I’m matched up wit god tier survivors with dead hards, DS, boons etc. They gen rushed and teabagged me all throughout the chases. But after the final gen was completed, I had the NOED surprise and was able to get 3/4. Of course the all proceeded to message me and tell me how trash I am etc etc and I camped bodies but realistically, what am I supposed to do with a sweaty team like that when all the gens are done? I see why killers are leaving this game or resorting to camping especially with toxic survivors

    First, kudos on you for trying out both sides. It's very enlightening and really allows you to see the other side.

    For beginning killers, Nurse is the strongest in potential but, as a new killer, you'll be BMed even worse as Nurse until you get the blinks down. Learning Nurse is hard and there are, unfortunately, many survivors who love tormenting newer killers.

    I'd recommend trying out Huntress. She's strong and much easier to learn then Nurse. I think you'd probably do well with Trapper as you can think of which loops and paths you'd take as a survivor and then trap them.

    However, there is a point at which game mechanics will stop a killer from doing well against equally skilled players and Trapper has a cap that is a lot lower than Huntress.

    Billy is good for learning to M1 but, in my opinion, getting good at his chainsaw requires a ton of time that, if you put that time into Nurse or Huntress, you'd be far more effective. If you like his play, of course, go for it but there are a lot of fun killers that just can't compete against equally skilled survivors at a high level and Billy is, in my opinion, one of them.

    Good luck and I hope you find one you like.

  • @OpenX said:

    Just depends what killer you are playing. Top tier killers I can see the argument against camping and tunneling.

    Low tier killers have absolutely nothing else they can do. I been trying to make Onryo work again today and it's literal torture. Almost no chase power, can't hit and run cause of boons, lullaby stealth killer, and people can avoid her projection from miles away.

    I want to play her so bad because I love her character but she's soooo weak I am typically resorting to tunneling the first survivor off hook most games

    You should try other killer. I bought her because of the movies but tried to play her other day and she felt so weak. Normally I play much stronger killers which can do much more in chase but with her I could barely do anything well still ended that game 4K with noed but overall the survivors just where whiping the floor with me.

  • The endgame trash talk is enough for me not to want to play Killer again.


    Killers endure way too much abuse.

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/320051/i-see-why-killers-are-the-way-they-are

    I’m a survivor main, but I play wraith once a month. I don’t know what game you’re playing, but I get 4k and I would probably get 3-4k without turning on the monitor.

    Because you play once a month therefore you have extremely low mmr and play against super potatoes. Try playing for about an hour, maybe even less. You'll see wonders.

  • Glad to see you try the other side. Just wait till you get your killer mmr higher, it gets way worse if you think it's bad now.

  • @AlkaloidssOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2915593#Comment_2915593

    Because you play once a month therefore you have extremely low mmr and play against super potatoes. Try playing for about an hour, maybe even less. You'll see wonders.

    I know, but OP said he don’t play killer, so he’s low mmr also

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2915697#Comment_2915697

    I know, but OP said he don’t play killer, so he’s low mmr also

    Oh, well its possible that has something to do with the mmr tests.