My and your Hot takes!
I am sitting here playing black ops 4 zombies and drinking beer lets talk about something random lets goo:
I would say everyone can say up to 2:
- Current Dbd is actually pretty much fine and its getting constantly (but slowly) better!
- Erruption + Pop is underrated as ######### and just as worthy of a anti gen combo as ruin + undying or pain resonance + dead mans switch!
Comments
The game needs new game modes.
I don't really like the whole 'hot take' thing but
I do have a few opinions I'm sure some would consider highly contentious, perhaps even silly.
1) Dead Hard is the only perk that helps against the strongest killers in the game and if/when it gets nerfed I feel a lot more people will notice.
2) I think Corrupt Intervention is generally overrated. Still an incredible perk but I'm not 100% convinced it's as required as some make it out to be.
If anyone wants me to explain these further, let me know!
The gameplay is stale
The worst part of playing the game is that there aren't many ways to express creative or chaotic play
Playing killer doesn't feel particularly great currently
Playing survivor feels either far too easy or fairly impossible depending on whether or not you're getting slugged/camped
RPD Map should be disabled
Endgame collapse made the game extremely boring
infectious fright is unfair and should be reworked
Autodidact is a good killer perk
...Wait a second
true would be sick to see something new after 5 years
about Dead Hard. I'm with you on that.
IMO, It kills m1 killers. But against the higher tier killers it more of a minor inconvenience that buys like 5 seconds of time.
That is true, but I believe ppl arent really complaining about dead hard as a nurse or blight really, the only killers that really suffer from it are obviously the weaker Killers.
I agree with corrupt, I only use it on specific killers that have a slow start like Oni, Myers or Trapper. Everytime I see it on a Killer like Blight I have to immidiatly laugh cuz its just such a terrible choice.
EGC exists purely to deal with the fact that people were doing things to draw games out well passed the point of being done in ways that were hurting the play experience. At that time it was not uncommon for survivors trying to turn their win into a painfully long game of hide and seek rather than just leaving the game or for a killer to bodyblock a survivor in a corner till they just had no choice but to DC.
It is probably one of the few times the devs looked at a large scale issue and made a call that properly solved it. Now, if you found long protracted hatch standoffs fun I can see why you'd dislike it, but honestly it was barely a standoff as hatch grab was incredibly difficult so survivor would just get out anyway.
Autodidact is awsome!
Yeah, like - I love running perks like Lithe or Sprint Burst but then I face a bunch of Nurse or Blights in a row and my perk is almost useless. It sucks that Dead Hard neuters most other killers while also being one of the only perks that feels necessary to do well against competent killer players using the best killers.
And I'm not saying people need DH to win but there's a reason nurse mains despise DH and run perks like Blood echo and Mindbreaker/Fearmonger to try and counter it
Even if it's not as annoying for Nurse/Blight it still helps a lot in prolonging a chase with them, which is invaluable to your teammates since against the S tiers every second wasted counts
The game isnt nearly as unbalanced as people make it out to be
poor demo ;(
I see you are a man of culture, lets take a stroll in lerys while we hold hands <3
You've got yourself a deal. <3 Do I bring cupcakes or will you?
1.A timer will destroy the games immersion
2 .Fnaf may be ok, I guess
Every single licensed map is bad and some are straight up terrible.
You bring cupcakes I bring the drinks
And this is exactly why this thread is specifically called "hot takes".
Deathslinger should be 4.6 (or at least make him the first 4.5)
He's a ranged killer, except he is not fully ranged, he doesn't have guaranteed hits and only gets a hit over a pallet if it's mad unsafe. He doesn't have huntress' range nor the ability to have a quick down like trickster. He needs to reload after every single shot, while huntress and trickster have more room for error. He has a standard terror radius despite being slower. Not to mention Artist, a ranged killer with infinite range, passive reload and that can hurt multiple survivors at the same time is 4.6, Slinger being 4.6 won't break the game believe me
Hawkins was a ######### map and I'm glad it is gone.
I would trade RPD for Hawkins return tho.
If your main survivor game is SWF, you're boosted.
If you tunnel, every game at every opportunity, you're boosted.
This is not a competitive game, it's a party game that folks want to pretend actually requires some kind of "skill" to play.
I really don't understand why you guys don't like silent hill. I know it can be kind of awkard to traverse between floors, but there's a way up in each corner, it's not such a bad map when you have that in mind
Hottest take:
I think demo is boring to play as, play against and watch people play as or against. I despise him. I think he's one of the most balanced killers in the game but my god, it's so boring.
Slightly warmer takes:
Probably placebo but I have better killer matches with MMR, but it completely destroyed my survivor experience to the point I do not even play survivor anymore.
I don't mind the updated maps, with the exception of coldwind being just teeny tiny bit too bright
Tunneling isn't always the right call, and is more situational than people like to think.
1. Both survivor mains and killer mains have some legitimate complaints; not all but definitely some are very valid
2. Everyone should play both sides a lot before commenting on balance on any level higher than the new player experience
3. NOED hurts new killers in the long run
4. A to S tier killers are okay but any killer below that needs buffs
If you don't mind, can I ask why you don't think BT/DS are strong?
No snark or anything I just wanna know why you feel that way
Can you elaborate on #1? What perks are you referring to?
also, I wouldn't say SWF is the ONLY survivor advantage. Survivors have a lot of things going for them. Many survivor sided maps with spread out gens, access to powerful perks, and the ability to bring strong items.
Fair enough! Makes sense why you hold the opinion you do
Personally I think DS is a really strong perk due to the fact that it's one of the few perks in the game that punishes a killer who's playstyle is heavily tunnel-reliant. Like if they go straight after someone the moment they are unhooked. They either slug and wait a whole minute or pick them up and get stunned for 5 seconds then the tunnel continues. Either way you buy your teammates a sizable chunk of time
It's always the survivor who's dead on hook who has it, talking from experience here. 😌
BT is def not as strong - I think it's main strength comes in its versatility and deincentivising killers to hit survivors off the hook instantly. Sure they can try waiting it out but unless they are cornered somewhere, the survivor can usually get to a pallet or a window before BT expires
Here are my lukewarm takes:
Hot take for both sides
Survivor: Claudette, Feng, and Nea are the 3 most overrated and annoying survivors in the game
small game is garbage
Nancys are great teammates
dead dawg is the best map
blastmine is a good perk
No survivor perk should be basekit
Killer: Huntress is incredibly boring to play against. Freddy’s lullaby is cooler.
Legion hillbilly and clowns lobby music is not good
the artist chase music isn’t very good
Spirit is still difficult to deal with
pinhead is fun to play against
bubba is boring to play against but fun to play as
Demo is an A tier killer
The Trapper is not the absolute worst killer in the game.
I wish survivors would chill out and at least give a killer a chance to see how they play instead of just assuming we all camp and tunnel. I don't play every game assuming there is some survivor hit squad thats going to boil over me to death.
Base Gen Regression needs to be increased
Gen blocking Perks (Killer side) needs to have Regression
There needs to be more Gen Speed Debuffing Perks
Maps should be hand designed at first
My hot take is, and this is for both sides;
The majority of the time you lose, it's your fault, not a perk, not a playstyle, but you either made some pretty glaring mistakes as a killer, or yourself / team did something stupid that caused a snowball.
Far too many people also can't admit when this is the case, and tend to exacerbate things and call them op / unfun / unbalance or unfair.
Ruin/Undying isn't as good as many think. There are much stronger builds against SWFs that you don't have to worry about being cleansed.
Yeah, my hot take is that Midwich is actually a good map. Or at the least, it shouldn't be on the same tier as the other indoor maps, which feel unbalanced and/or horrible to play on.
true, however it would also be wrong to claim that you ONLY lost because you made mistakes, its a mix of all things depending on the situation. If you get the game as Clown you can be jesus christ himself and still lose for example. So its important also to keep track of the other aspects aswell but you are absolutely right that barely anyone accepts their own mistakes.
I'm afraid giving solo queue indicators of what the team is doing won't help much. Most of my complaints from solo queue come from people making mistakes, sometimes repeatedly, or people playing their own game. Survivors can still be selfish, over-altruistic, and just lack some game sense that you may have because you're more experienced.
Current gen design is to blame for the games woes and needs a full rework
Are you saying black ops is fine and getting slowly better, or dbd?
Demogorgon is A tier
The win conditions of the game, escaping and killing, don't require skill, only slight game knowledge
Trickster was at his strongest on his release
NOED is fine
SoloQ is about as good as SWF, you just don't escape against S tier Killers consistently anymore
Plague was A tier even before her recent buff
Trapper will always be the weakest Killer
Overcome is the second best Exhaustion Perk, right behind Dead Hard
CoH should've never existed
Gen speeds are fine
Maps and Survivor spawns are really, really bad
The game is not in the best state, the best state was after the 2021 September Mid-Chapter patch
1 not at all since the bugs, reworked maps and the "new" mechanic that they added only worsened the current situation
2 extremely overrated imo, especially when you are against people that know how to play. The only thing that actually work fine are genblocking perks... every killer in the game (except maybe billy and blight) don't have enough time to even use pop since the gen 8/10 will be already completed (scourge hook for delaying the repairs and pop goes to weasel once you reached that gen)