This is just Childish

https://youtu.be/h3EngMmWPeU

he didn't even try to slug, he just wanted me to bleed out.

As my title says this is why unbreakable and soul guard need buffed.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • @Krazzik said:

    Had a game last night on Disturbed Ward with an Ace who only chased upstairs near the gen in main building. He had Boil Over so I just left him on the ground and camped him. His entire team came to try and save him and they all ended up slugged on the ground. I -barely- managed to hook two of his teammates without Boil Over.

    If you bring a busted perk that makes it literally impossible to be hooked from certain places, you can't blame the killer for slugging.

    It doesn't, it's actually useless if the killer is smart

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    itt:

    "ARRGH WHY WAS THE KILLER ABLE TO CAMP ME THIS IS WHY I NEED MY META PERKS BUFFED"

    "The killer slug-camped you because you're running meta troll perks"

    "ARRGH IGNORE MY TROLL PERKS AND BE OUTRAGED WITH ME"

    At this point idc, everyone in these comment's are making me want to be a boil over troll

  • @SomberNokk said:

    Lmao this has to be a bait post right? A multi level map and youre running boil over, tf did you expect?

    Him to see the hook infront of him, the game might have endless God pallets but it also has the most obvious and easy hook spawns boil over should've been useless

  • @MrEnricks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784584#Comment_2784584

    You are using the cosmic power of the universe to try to convince people that he was in the wrong, when you are using a bad annoying perk with no use OTHER than to frustrate the killer. Its a lose lose situation, Either he trys to hook you but cant cause your using boil over, or he has to slug you and use a toxic strategy just to kill you.

    I wasn't, I was trying to use it like any other perk, I can't use a perk without the killers going all out toxic because that's what they think I'm doing, I didn't deserve to be ground camped using a perk I got no use out of when there was a hook right infront of him.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784514#Comment_2784514

    Well tbh boil over itsself is already really annoying, not saying you have to slug someone till they bleed out but I do get where he is coming from, imagine you get 10 games in a row with survivors like that, I bet even you would be just done.

    I started running Iron grasp, I'm not scared of boil over as killer

  • @feng_min_main2003 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2785213#Comment_2785213

    I wasn't, I was trying to use it like any other perk, I can't use a perk without the killers going all out toxic because that's what they think I'm doing, I didn't deserve to be ground camped using a perk I got no use out of when there was a hook right infront of him.

    It looked like you got use out of it when he got stuck on all that machinery. You just didn't like the result

  • Cause and effect?

    Had survs sabotaging hooks and blocking me so i slug and camp.

    Do your gens and leave or come and be a hero.

  • @feng_min_main2003 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2787225#Comment_2787225

    So just assume a killer has a hex that'll last all Game if they bring one at all? Yeah no thanks, hence why I said it needs buffed, or changed.

    You dont need to be affected by a hex to get the endurance effect, which would have paired well with unbreakable.

    Could have replaced DS since you didnt get any value from that...

  • @feng_min_main2003 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784876#Comment_2784876

    I started running Iron grasp, I'm not scared of boil over as killer

    Shadowborn is the true and only perk you need

  • @feng_min_main2003 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2785213#Comment_2785213

    I wasn't, I was trying to use it like any other perk, I can't use a perk without the killers going all out toxic because that's what they think I'm doing, I didn't deserve to be ground camped using a perk I got no use out of when there was a hook right infront of him.

    Compare this to NOED (not gameplay wise), If you run NOED, people will harass and call you toxic because NOED is op and gives the killer a unfair advantage. That kinda applies to boil over too, if a killer saw a survivor using boil over, they would probably treat them pretty bad (especially on a multi-floor map like 'The Game'). TL:DR: Basically you might not have deserved to be ground camped, but you brought an abusable perk on an abusable map. So either stop using the perk, or get treated like a toxic player

  • If you bring Boil Over, you either bleed out or you get facecamped. I don't have time to spend the whole match fighting to get a hook, you ######### up my game, enjoy some turnabout.

    If you don't like it, cry in the forums.

  • I hate killer mains lol

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784718#Comment_2784718

    Slugging is most definitely NOT holding the game hostage - the game will end, the person will bleed out.

    Holding someone hostage in a corner, the killer body blocking a survivor there for example, prior to EGC starting, is holding the game hostage for that person, as the person cannot do anything to progress the game, cannot die for example, cannot do a gen either. Slugging does not fall under that category which is why we specifically have on the game rules that camping, slugging, tunnelling etc are not reportable offences.

    Nobody gets banned for slugging anyone.

    Funnily enough I had someone report me for holding the game hostage and griefing because I wanted them all to bleedout near a 99 gate(found out via a vod) lol


    Glad to know letting toxic people bleedout is ok

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784884#Comment_2784884

    Yes, but those aren't abusable spots by Boil Over, they're just bad areas in general. The abusable spots for Boil Over are the library spot in RPD, and kinda-sorta the main structure in Eyrie of Crows- because no matter what, regardless of how you play or what the hook spawn RNG is, you cannot get a hook. It's not abusing Boil Over to just have it equipped and get lucky with hook spawns.

    I absolutely see why they did it. I also see why it was unnecessary and petty. Their actions make logical sense, that doesn't mean they were right and justified.

    Bottom line: Boil Over doing something is not proof of it being OP nor is it proof the survivors were abusing it. I do think the perk could use some minor tweaks, but the reaction shown in this thread was an overreaction, plain and simple.

    Let me add to this the narrow places under the floors of the swamp are also spots people like to abuse boilover + breakout with like it is nearly impossible to get them out of there and hook them without certain perks had a few matches where that happened and I just tunnel the people who abuse those areas and have them bleedout

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2785748#Comment_2785748

    Well the game now does encourage you to bleed out survivors. I had a toxic ttv squad abusing nurse map yesterday with boil over flip flops and breakouts. Yeah i should have freaking afked the whole match but i tried..i really tried. Ended up bleeding them out but since they were a squad they actually got out. Imagine the EZ i got in the end game chat.

    Sure hooking gives more bloodpoints but with these perks you are going to see a lot more slugging so get comfortable at the ground watch youtube enjoy the 4 minutes. Choice is up to the survivors. If you bring these perks into the game don't cry afterwards that you got bled out.

    Quick question were they saying stuff like "what you're doing is not vagina slay" because I might have met the same ttv

  • "I brought a perk which is only countered by slugging and then i got slugged, this is outrageous." - feng min

    "I brought perks which annoy the hell out of killers and in return the killer annoyed me, this is outrageous." - feng min

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2786552#Comment_2786552

    Quick question were they saying stuff like "what you're doing is not vagina slay" because I might have met the same ttv

    Nah just spamming EZ and EZ times 2 .. i think they really didnt know much english just those 2 words.

    I personally hate the word EZ... its not even a real word!! at least right is as it should be...easy...

  • @Noz said:

    "I brought a perk which is only counter by slugging and then i got slugged, this is outrageous." - feng min

    "I brought perks which annoy the hell out of killers and in return the killer annoyed me, this is outrageous." - feng min

    If only killer mains were more mature, this would not have happened to poor Feng.

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2796026#Comment_2796026

    Nah just spamming EZ and EZ times 2 .. i think they really didnt know much english just those 2 words.

    Ok at least you didn't get the same ttv the one I got was just throwing insults left and right once I got them on the floor and no joke they had jumpscares in the stream/vod


    I only found out because my friend checked out their channel and found the vod and linked me it and I was like oh neat let me see if they was mad for having them bleedout and boy howdy I could taste the salt lol

  • I thought about this some more and i think bringing iron grasp is the correct response.

    From now on every game i will just run:

    1. I ron grasp to counter boil over.
    2. I'm all ears to counter lucky break.
    3. Franklin's demise to counter items
    4. Lethal pursuer to counter initial stealth
    5. Discordance to counter prove thyself
    6. Deadlook to counter prove thyself
    7. Ruin Undying to counter holding m1
    8. Brutal strength and fire up to counter gideon
    9. Thrill to stop people cleansing my hexes

    Still don't have a perk to counter circle of healing, but once there is one i will add it to my build.

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2796039#Comment_2796039

    Ok at least you didn't get the same ttv the one I got was just throwing insults left and right once I got them on the floor and no joke they had jumpscares in the stream/vod

    I only found out because my friend checked out their channel and found the vod and linked me it and I was like oh neat let me see if they was mad for having them bleedout and boy howdy I could taste the salt lol

    I mean honest who knows if it was the same. But after i saw the EZ stuff i just told them to grow up and i left the chat before anything else could be said.

  • @feng_min_main2003 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784537#Comment_2784537

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784535#Comment_2784535

    Thats why I started using Iron grasp and agitation when I play killer, the game is messed up on both sides but the thing is I didn't deserve it this game, I was literally playing normally, I don't bring it for the 25% fall increase, I bring it for the killer mobility down and my wiggle speed standard

    those perks are useless against other problems you know.

  • @Noz said:

    I thought about this some more and i think bringing iron grasp is the correct response.

    From now on every game i will just run:

    1. I ron grasp to counter boil over.
    2. I'm all ears to counter lucky break.
    3. Franklin's demise to counter items
    4. Lethal pursuer to counter initial stealth
    5. Discordance to counter prove thyself
    6. Deadlook to counter prove thyself
    7. Ruin Undying to counter holding m1
    8. Brutal strength and fire up to counter gideon
    9. Thrill to stop people cleansing my hexes

    Still don't have a perk counter for circle of healing, but once there is one i will add it to my build.

    Nurse's calling and sloppy butcher against CoH. Undying also works since you can see around dull totems.

  • @BirdSpirit said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2796101#Comment_2796101

    Nurse's calling and sloppy butcher against CoH. Undying also works since you can see around dull totems.

    Good idea this will be my 13th and 14th perk then! Now i am prepared for most things survivors can bring.

  • Watched the video... 4m of my life I won't get back, and I don't see the problem.

    The killer attempted a hook but couldn't make it due to Boil Over (you can see them sliding about).

    Thereafter presumably waited for another opportune moment to retry (i.e. perhaps after you'd been picked up and downed again), but the other survivors literally came buzzing like flies and made his job easier. No-one was on gens, everyone was giving free hits, so what else do you expect for the killer to do except take advantage?

    Clear survivor misplay as far as I'm concerned. Killers play by their rules, not the survivor rules!

  • @feng_min_main2003 said:

    https://youtu.be/h3EngMmWPeU

    he didn't even try to slug, he just wanted me to bleed out.

    As my title says this is why unbreakable and soul guard need buffed.

    I mean, the fact that this is cut off at the start, we can't see what went on before, is kind of sus.

    I'd also like to see the end game screen, so we can see offerings, builds etc.

    This? It's not only without context, it looks like the context has been intentionally removed to make the killer look bad.

  • you deserved what you got, there would be no need to slug if you didn't abuse that perk

  • Killer made the smart play here and your teammates rewarded his decision by swarming like piranha's to fresh meat. Him slugging is also not holding the game hostage. Holding the game hostage is a situation where the game cannot physically end and will go on forever if nothing changes. Slugging does not fall under this category since the survivor will eventually die of bleedout. It might take a few minutes, the game WILL end.

  • Glad to see that most people agree that the killer did what was necessary. If you run boil over, I'm not wasting time making multiple attempts to get you to a hook that I can't see. I'll either ignore you until you are the last survivor or you can have fun looking at the dirt if I down you. Fighting to get a hook ends up wasting too much time especially if you wiggle off (not to mention body blocking). And I'm not running 2 perks just to maybe counter boil over. Get slugged or don't run it.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784713#Comment_2784713

    Killer's objective is hooks and not bleeding out though, so yes, you just proven this IS holding the game hostage.

    Oh, and also do note that locker situation is exactly what dev said they will consider "holding the game hostage", and calling it otherwise yield nothing for you sadly.

    Correction: The Killer's objective is kills, not necessarily hooks. Bleeding out, Mori's or the Entity taking them at EGC are all valid methods of securing kills.

  • @Noz said:

    I thought about this some more and i think bringing iron grasp is the correct response.

    From now on every game i will just run:

    1. I ron grasp to counter boil over.
    2. I'm all ears to counter lucky break.
    3. Franklin's demise to counter items
    4. Lethal pursuer to counter initial stealth
    5. Discordance to counter prove thyself
    6. Deadlook to counter prove thyself
    7. Ruin Undying to counter holding m1
    8. Brutal strength and fire up to counter gideon
    9. Thrill to stop people cleansing my hexes

    Still don't have a perk counter for circle of healing, but once there is one i will add it to my build.

    Nurse's calling is actually really decent against Circle of fairness, no joke but NC is slowly becoming one of my fav perks during the CoH era.

  • Just to point out. If the objective was hooks and not kills, we wouldn't call them killers 😉

  • I had a situation once were a survivor with Boil Over was slugged ans writhing on the floor. I looked hard at them and they stopped writhing. So I picked them up, they immediately started wriggling, so I dropped them again. I tried it two more times till I gave up and let them bleed out.

    Normally you can arrange some sort of gentleman's agreement, ie "don't wriggle of and just let me hook you and therefore get a shot at actually playing the game". Most people get the message, but some don't and sport a "never collaborate with the enemy, never surrender, never give up, always fight till the bitter end! Hurdur" attitude. It's petty and just wasting everyone's time, but I am also petty enough not to be the one who will shrugg and happily take the loss.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    A lot of people are absolutely convinced that the thing that they had pointed out to them, seen from the Survivor's perspective, must've stuck out as much to the Killer in the middle of the game, huh?

    Good grief, how many times have people watched someone else play a game and noticed something the person playing missed? People miss "obvious" stuff a ton. Assuming it's spite and malice with no evidence other than an assumption of the other person's attentiveness to a single decision is ridiculous.

    For real. I get juked so often and survivors just disappear from me judt by turning a corner and ducking or something, that I'm pretty happy that I don't stream, otherwise a lot of people would witness the ways I majorly mess up.

  • @feng_min_main2003 said:

    I hate killer mains lol

    Yeah. They should ban killer mains. Im not sure how that might affect survivor queues though 🤭

  • @Noz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2796119#Comment_2796119

    Good idea this will be my 13th and 14th perk then! Now i am prepared for most things survivors can bring.

    Thrill work on booms make them take forever.

  • Two way street.

  • @feng_min_main2003 said:

    https://youtu.be/h3EngMmWPeU

    he didn't even try to slug, he just wanted me to bleed out.

    As my title says this is why unbreakable and soul guard need buffed.

    When he tried to hook you up, he couldn't see a hook with Boil Over. 


    Then he held you down and it was obvious to all that he wasn't going to let you get back up:


    Why on earth didn't any of your teammates make a gen in that time? 


    All three of them could have easily escaped. 

  • @Bardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784714#Comment_2784714

    Correction: The Killer's objective is kills, not necessarily hooks. Bleeding out, Mori's or the Entity taking them at EGC are all valid methods of securing kills.

    Bleeding out is much less rewarding kills, entity doesn't like it.

  • This is totally subjective. Boil Over was over buffed and not tested properly before going live. I played a few killer games yesterday and ran into this perk 2 or 3 times. Only once did i let the person bleed out. That was a Kate who brought Ormund offering. She would run up the main building when i was about to down her. I picked her up the first time, noticed she had boil over, dropped immediately.

    Fortunately for me the team was super altruistic and stayed close without doing gens. I was able to 2k by hooks, the Kate bled out somewhere, 1 DC'd after spending time tea bagging me.

    My other games against boil over were normal. I was able to hook them, one did wiggle out once. But they weren't trying to abuse the perk by running up to an infinite spot.

  • @The_C12H15NO2 said:

    This is totally subjective. Boil Over was over buffed and not tested properly before going live. I played a few killer games yesterday and ran into this perk 2 or 3 times. Only once did i let the person bleed out. That was a Kate who brought Ormund offering. She would run up the main building when i was about to down her. I picked her up the first time, noticed she had boil over, dropped immediately.

    Fortunately for me the team was super altruistic and stayed close without doing gens. I was able to 2k by hooks, the Kate bled out somewhere, 1 DC'd after spending time tea bagging me.

    My other games against boil over were normal. I was able to hook them, one did wiggle out once. But they weren't trying to abuse the perk by running up to an infinite spot.

    Lucky most of my games with boil over end up with me downing people in narrow or high areas with them trying to abuse boil over



    And if I see breakout I just drop them and bleed them out

  • @lonesomekill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2795914#Comment_2795914

    Yeah. They should ban killer mains. Im not sure how that might affect survivor queues though 🤭

    I find it funny how they said that they hate killer mains when both sides are calling out their bs lmao

  • @Majin151 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2797351#Comment_2797351

    I find it funny how they said that they hate killer mains when both sides are calling out their bs lmao

    Rule #1 of the DbD forums. Anyone who disagrees with you mains the other side, even if they say they don't.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2798718#Comment_2798718

    Rule #1 of the DbD forums. Anyone who disagrees with you mains the other side, even if they say they don't.

    Yep even if you state that you play both sides heck I have been playing more survivor lately since the introduction of boons like I recently started playing killer again outside of bubba BP farming because I found a new killer to main after my previous one basically got destroyed with the introduction of boons

  • One instance of gameplay doesn't warrant any kind of buff to a already pretty strong perk, and he didn't technically hold you hostage or anything, it's just a crummy way to play.


    Can't imagine how it would be abused in a more legitimate match if it were buffed.


    Sucks, but that's DBD for you.

1 2 3 4 ›