Lunar Event hypocrisy

We added Escape Based MMR which nobody likes, everyone opposes it and demands to rework it at best or to scrap it altogether at worst. We ignore it, because this game is similar to hockey, and one lead designer knows better than thousands of experienced players.

We added the disastrous map of Raccoon City, which almost nobody likes. People suicide and AFK on it, people "crash" on RPD offerings, it's pain both for survivors and killers. We do nothing with your complaints, the map stays for good.

We added ridiculous and frustrating hit validation to pallets and DH, it's been there for a year and counting, making people rip their hair in frustration every time they see a survivors scream but ignore the hit. Dead Hard itself is a menace. We are "looking into it"™, or do we?

SWF and "tunnel to win"-tactic have been infesting this game and ruining any kind of fun and balance since day one. We cover our ears and assure ourselves everything is fine.

But hey, here is the Lunar Event! Here are some skins and new challenges! The game is not dying, it's not! Go enjoy the new and fun content, we care about your enjoyment, we definitely do!

Comments

  • I don't think you know what the word 'hypocricy' means.

    EDIT: I don't think I know how to spellcheck my comments.

  • You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means

    The event does look kind of meh but kind of meh seems to be this games modus apparatus at this point so whatcha gonna do?

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    I don't think you know what the word 'hypocricy' means.

    I get you are trying to defend the devs somehow, but at least you could do it in a more constructive way.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769173#Comment_2769173

    I get you are trying to defend the devs somehow, but at least you could do it in a more constructive way.

    No, go on.

    Explain to everyone how tomorrow's Lunar New Year event is in any way hypocritical.

  • Devs: Makes event for Lunar New Year's to spice things up a bit

    You: BUT I NEED TO MAKE IT ABOUT US VS THEM

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769203#Comment_2769203

    No, go on.

    Explain to everyone how tomorrow's Lunar New Year event is in any way hypocritical.

    Because they are adding "new content" without fixing major issues in existing game. They try to show they still care about the game and still support it, when in reality it's not exactly like this, to say the least.

    But yeah, just throwing "you are incorrect" without any further elaboration definitely makes any criticism futile.

  • Not going to disagree with you that the game has problems, but what people are trying to point out to you is that it is not hypocritical to have an event. You are inferring some meaning into it that doesn't exist, it's just an event.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769205#Comment_2769205

    Because they are adding "new content" without fixing major issues in existing game. They try to show they still care about the game and still support it, when in reality it's not exactly like this, to say the least.

    But yeah, just throwing "you are incorrect" without any further elaboration definitely makes any criticism futile.

    it's just a small event, it probably took them so minutes to reuse some kind of code for the event envelopes to spawn and the rest is cosmetics which are done by the artist/modeler team

    the mid-chapter it releases with has some huge bug fixes aswell

  • Hypocrite: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings.

    Being hypocritical means condemn someone else for stuff despite doing it yourself.

    This isn't the case here. Most people here are arguing about your semantics.

    Maybe except @Colton147147, they spew their nonsense, independent of context of the thread, everywhere. 😂

  • @Junylar said:

    We added Escape Based MMR which nobody likes, everyone opposes it and demands to rework it at best or to scrap it altogether at worst. We ignore it, because this game is similar to hockey, and one lead designer knows better than thousands of experienced players.

    We added the disastrous map of Raccoon City, which almost nobody likes. People suicide and AFK on it, people "crash" on RPD offerings, it's pain both for survivors and killers. We do nothing with your complaints, the map stays for good.

    We added ridiculous and frustrating hit validation to pallets and DH, it's been there for a year and counting, making people rip their hair in frustration every time they see a survivors scream but ignore the hit. Dead Hard itself is a menace. We are "looking into it"™, or do we?

    SWF and "tunnel to win"-tactic have been infesting this game and ruining any kind of fun and balance since day one. We cover our ears and assure ourselves everything is fine.

    But hey, here is the Lunar Event! Here are some skins and new challenges! The game is not dying, it's not! Go enjoy the new and fun content, we care about your enjoyment, we definitely do!

    ...

    Nope, no hypocrisy detected.

  • This doesn't make any sense.

  • @burt0r said:

    Hypocrite: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings.

    Being hypocritical means condone someone else for stuff despite doing it yourself.

    This isn't the case here. Most people here are arguing about your semantics.

    Maybe except @Colton147147, they spew their nonsense, independent of context of the thread, everywhere. 😂

    Being hypocritical means condone someone else for stuff despite doing it yourself.

    Not sure if it was spell check that screwed you or if you rewrote part of the sentence, but I believe you mean "condemn," not "condone."

    (I wouldn't have said anything if it didn't completely change the meaning of your definition.)

  • @Shaped said:

    This doesn't make any sense.

    Correct me if I am wrong, but that would be quite hypocritical of you, Shaped.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769265#Comment_2769265

    Correct me if I am wrong, but that would be quite hypocritical of you, Shaped.

    Well I guess I am unable to detect hypocrisy even more so than your sarcasm.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769260#Comment_2769260

    Being hypocritical means condone someone else for stuff despite doing it yourself.

    Not sure if it was spell check that screwed you or if you rewrote part of the sentence, but I believe you mean "condemn," not "condone."

    (I wouldn't have said anything if it didn't completely change the meaning of your definition.)

    Thanks for the clarification. Nonnative speaker here and I probably just had the wrong definition in mind the whole time.

    But i should've known better since I knew the word "condemn" beforehand.

  • @Colton147147 said:

    Killers are entitled more than survivors.

    What does that have to do with the post?

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769205#Comment_2769205

    Because they are adding "new content" without fixing major issues in existing game. They try to show they still care about the game and still support it, when in reality it's not exactly like this, to say the least.

    But yeah, just throwing "you are incorrect" without any further elaboration definitely makes any criticism futile.

    Thats more ironic than anything, has no form of hypocrisy what so ever

  • We've reached peak DBD forums where people give up at any attempt at coherency whatsoever to hate on the devs.

    Remember what you say doesn't have to make sense it just has to say DBD and the devs suck and it's automatically valid because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • @Xendritch said:

    We've reached peak DBD forums where people give up at any attempt at coherency whatsoever to hate on the devs.

    Remember what you say doesn't have to make sense it just has to say DBD and the devs suck and it's automatically valid because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    I like how you are saying the criticism is invalid without actually addressing any points provided in OP. That's the level of discussion we deserve, keep it up.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769331#Comment_2769331

    I like how you are saying my criticism is invalid without actually addressing any points provided in OP. That's the level of discussion we deserve, keep it up.

    You don't have a point when you don't even know the definition of the word hypocrisy.

  • @Xendritch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769339#Comment_2769339

    You don't have a point when you don't even know the definition of the word hypocrisy.

    And now you are saying I'm wrong without elaborating any further. Nice. It's hard to defend the actions of the devs while remaining constructive nowadays, isn't it?

  • @Junylar said:

    We added Escape Based MMR which nobody likes, everyone opposes it and demands to rework it at best or to scrap it altogether at worst. We ignore it, because this game is similar to hockey, and one lead designer knows better than thousands of experienced players.

    We added the disastrous map of Raccoon City, which almost nobody likes. People suicide and AFK on it, people "crash" on RPD offerings, it's pain both for survivors and killers. We do nothing with your complaints, the map stays for good.

    We added ridiculous and frustrating hit validation to pallets and DH, it's been there for a year and counting, making people rip their hair in frustration every time they see a survivors scream but ignore the hit. Dead Hard itself is a menace. We are "looking into it"™, or do we?

    SWF and "tunnel to win"-tactic have been infesting this game and ruining any kind of fun and balance since day one. We cover our ears and assure ourselves everything is fine.

    But hey, here is the Lunar Event! Here are some skins and new challenges! The game is not dying, it's not! Go enjoy the new and fun content, we care about your enjoyment, we definitely do!

    That's...not really hypocrisy, that's more so just shadowing over mistakes with events

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769340#Comment_2769340

    And now you are saying I'm wrong without elaborating any further. Nice. It's hard to defend the actions of the devs while remaining constructive nowadays, isn't it?

    Nobody's interested in arguing with you about the devs given that you didn't check a dictionary before you posted and have promptly gone ad hominem on people for noting that.

    Arguing with someone that doesn't understand the words they're using and gets upset about it is a waste of all our time.

  • Funny thing, but since I started playing DBD I started making a lot of friends, but with every update only 2 friends from 50 playing DBD. Game Dying and it's not funny. They try to bring more new people, but keep loosing old players.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769205#Comment_2769205

    Because they are adding "new content" without fixing major issues in existing game. They try to show they still care about the game and still support it, when in reality it's not exactly like this, to say the least.

    But yeah, just throwing "you are incorrect" without any further elaboration definitely makes any criticism futile.

    Remember when last Halloween we got a short chapter, some scary looking hooks and gens and pumpkins lying around and people were like "for real, thats all for the Halloween even? As a horrorgame this is a shame!!!!11". Same principle should adhere, right? You can't please them all, someone will always twist whatever you do around and try to use it against you. Thats why the devs shrug and just move on.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769214#Comment_2769214

    Remember when last Halloween we got a short chapter, some scary looking hooks and gens and pumpkins lying around and people were like "for real, thats all for the Halloween even? As a horrorgame this is a shame!!!!11". Same principle should adhere, right? You can't please them all, someone will always twist whatever you do around and try to use it against you. Thats why the devs shrug and just move on.

    I actually really liked those pumpkins :'(

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769343#Comment_2769343

    Nobody's interested in arguing with you about the devs given that you didn't check a dictionary before you posted and have promptly gone ad hominem on people for noting that.

    Arguing with someone that doesn't understand the words they're using and gets upset about it is a waste of all our time.

    You say I need a dictionary, while you are using the phrase "ad hominem" having no idea what that means. I know what hypocrisy means and if you cared to read the thread before replying - you would see that I've already explained it. You are running out of demagogic tricks here. Why are you even doing it? Hoping to get in-game t-shirts for defending the current state of the game, or just baiting for fun?

  • We're on the Titanic. Let's just enjoy what we can as we slowly sink.

  • Pretty sure the people who work on the events and the ones who do bug fixes are different people.


    And people have said that this game is dying since year 1.

  • "one lead designer knows better than thousands of experienced players"

    Love it! Every time I fire up DBD, I learn about algorithmic design, queue processing, statistics, computational post-game analysis.

    Heck, I've played enough games of DBD that I think I'm ready to code my own now... as are thousands of experienced players regardless of knowing anything about how to code anything!

    Yeesh...

  • @SuzuKR said:

    Devs: Makes event for Lunar New Year's to spice things up a bit

    You: BUT I NEED TO MAKE IT ABOUT US VS THEM

    There's no spice to this event it's just another cosmetic and trinket grab like everything else now

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769348#Comment_2769348

    You say I need a dictionary, while you are using the phrase "ad hominem" having no idea what that means. I know what hypocrisy means and if you cared to read the thread before replying - you would see that I've already explained it. You are running out of demagogic tricks here. Why are you even doing it? Hoping to get in-game t-shirts for defending the current state of the game, or just baiting for fun?

    If everyone tells you, you should learn the meaning of that word, dont you think the problem might be you?

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769716#Comment_2769716

    If everyone tells you, you should learn the meaning of that word, dont you think the problem might be you?

    By "everyone" you mean those two who in hopes of getting in-game t-shirts for protecting the image of BHVR only say "you are wrong" without providing any elaboration of why and where exactly I am wrong? Mmmkay. I can do the same: you are wrong. See, I countered you with your own argument.

    That is not to mention that clutching to a single word out of the whole post while ignoring every point stated there is a low tier demagogic trick.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769173#Comment_2769173

    I get you are trying to defend the devs somehow, but at least you could do it in a more constructive way.

    Hypocrisy means "saying one thing but thinking/believing something entirely different", Im going to jump the wagon and tell you are not using that word right.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    I don't think you know what the word 'hypocricy' means.

    EDIT: I don't think I know how to spellcheck my comments.

    The font that this forum uses for posts is hypocritical.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2772019#Comment_2772019

    By "everyone" you mean those two who in hopes of getting in-game t-shirts for protecting the image of BHVR only say "you are wrong" without providing any elaboration of why and where exactly I am wrong? Mmmkay. I can do the same: you are wrong. See, I countered you with your own argument.

    That is not to mention that clutching to a single word out of the whole post while ignoring every point stated there is a low tier demagogic trick.

    So, demagogic is the adjectival form of demagogue, which...

    1. A leader who obtains power by means of impassioned appeals to the emotions and prejudices of the populace.
    2. A leader of the common people in ancient times.
    3. Historically, a leader of the people; a person who sways the people by oratory or persuasion.

    Interesting to accuse people of making appeals to emotion and prejudice to obtain power. I don't see how anyone is trying to become some sort of leader by dint of criticising your wording. Hell, I'm struggling to see your connection between pedantic criticism of your misuse of terms and any sort of appeal. Or maybe this is meant to be a complaint that people are arguing with you using oratory? That's kind of how arguments are meant to work, I'm afraid.

    Here's the problem: you have hilariously misunderstood the concept of hypocrisy. As repeated multiple times, this is some form of saying one thing whilst doing something completely different that contradicts it, or openly doing one thing as a show of virtue and then doing another. Your misuse of the term is way more interesting than another "look how bad BHVR is" rantfest, so people have latched onto that.

    To which your response is to accuse people of defending BHVR (ad hominem, as I said: attacking the person and their motives rather than their argument), and now you're calling anyone who has done so demagogues.

    In short, your wanton abuse of somewhat unusual words is more engaging than another whinge about BHVR.


  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2772071#Comment_2772071

    So, demagogic is the adjectival form of demagogue, which...

    1. A leader who obtains power by means of impassioned appeals to the emotions and prejudices of the populace.
    2. A leader of the common people in ancient times.
    3. Historically, a leader of the people; a person who sways the people by oratory or persuasion.

    Interesting to accuse people of making appeals to emotion and prejudice to obtain power. I don't see how anyone is trying to become some sort of leader by dint of criticising your wording. Hell, I'm struggling to see your connection between pedantic criticism of your misuse of terms and any sort of appeal. Or maybe this is meant to be a complaint that people are arguing with you using oratory? That's kind of how arguments are meant to work, I'm afraid.

    Here's the problem: you have hilariously misunderstood the concept of hypocrisy. As repeated multiple times, this is some form of saying one thing whilst doing something completely different that contradicts it, or openly doing one thing as a show of virtue and then doing another. Your misuse of the term is way more interesting than another "look how bad BHVR is" rantfest, so people have latched onto that.

    To which your response is to accuse people of defending BHVR (ad hominem, as I said: attacking the person and their motives rather than their argument), and now you're calling anyone who has done so demagogues.

    In short, your wanton abuse of somewhat unusual words is more engaging than another whinge about BHVR.

    Not to "gain power", but to "win the argument" in this case. You typed several paragraphs of attacks without addressing a single point stated in the OP. That's how you do it: attacking without addressing actual points. That's not a discussion, that's demagogy.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2772095#Comment_2772095

    Not to "gain power", but to "win the argument" in this case. You typed several paragraphs of attacks without addressing a single point stated in the OP. That's how you do it: attacking without addressing actual points. That's not a discussion, that's demagogy.

    The point is that nobody is actually interested in the topic you're presenting. Only in correcting your word usage.

    This does not mean that everyone else is a BHVR shill interested in winning an argument, that's just reading way too much into it.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769203#Comment_2769203

    Hypocrisy means "saying one thing but thinking/believing something entirely different", Im going to jump the wagon and tell you are not using that word right.

    They are trying to show the game is being actively worked on, when the reality shows it's not. What's incorrect here?

  • @Colton147147 said:

    Killers are entitled more than survivors.

    I see it from both sides.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2772113#Comment_2772113

    The point is that nobody is actually interested in the topic you're presenting. Only in correcting your word usage.

    This does not mean that everyone else is a BHVR shill interested in winning an argument, that's just reading way too much into it.

    "nobody", "everyone"...

    Trying to identify your position with position of "everyone", while identifying your opponent's position with that of one single exceptional individual, thus trying to lead the discussion into "we all vs you alone", is also a demagogic trick.

    I never called anyone a "BHVR shill", that's your words. I only made a reference to the t-shirts, which is another story perfectly showing the current state of bhvr.

  • got 22500 bp out of one envelope. bp related the best event imo and i got the Twitch shirt for jane :D