CoH is nerfed, NOED is not

If anyone had any doubts, it shows perfectly which side the devs take in this "us vs them" argument. NOED has been the most unfair and hated perk in the game, turning occasional 0k into 2k, 1k into 3k, and 2k into 4k with no extra effort required. CoH wasn't that strong in the first place, if we don't touch the problematic subject of SWF, and they nerf it after a couple of months.

I guess "just to the bones" argument indeed works in only one direction, it's a title of some sort.

Comments

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    Funny how this went from "CoH proves devs survivor sided" to "CoH nerfed therefore devs killer sided".

    Oh, the DbD forums.

    You wonder why I haven’t been on here in a while. I’m done with this bs arguments & entitlement from both sides: here’s an idea: enjoy the game or go play civilization. Up to you guys.

  • Ah yes, the classic non-argument. The ole "I can only compare things to other things, while proceeding to make no relevant argument" argument.

    Did you guys know that NOED isn't COH? Crazy right?

  • I feel like we would all finally have peace if NOED was nerfed

  • @MrsGhostface said:

    I feel like we would all finally have peace if NOED was nerfed

    Nope. The lazy Survivors who got it nerfed would scream for the next perk to be nerfed. Remember; NoED is fine, it's just that some Survivors don't like ANYTHING that takes them off gens for even a second.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2763912#Comment_2763912

    Nope. The lazy Survivors who got it nerfed would scream for the next perk to be nerfed. Remember; NoED is fine, it's just that some Survivors don't like ANYTHING that takes them off gens for even a second.

    Both sides look to the next thing to get nerfed. Once DS was nerfed killers started crying about dead hard or whatever else.

    The DS complaints got tiring and now I’m at the point with NOED.

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2761668#Comment_2761668

    I thought you were the same guy responding to your thread because of the perk picture you have, lol

    :(

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2763044#Comment_2763044

    Just let the survivors leave, tada... don't go for them?

    I can't even tell if you are being serious now.

    That's...not my quote, i said just leave tada, if they're hooked don't go for them, idk why it showed up as that

  • Y'all really melting down over 4 seconds?

  • @Xendritch said:

    Y'all really melting down over 4 seconds?

    Of course they are. They know it's a fake nerf, but NoED haters will ride this to demand changes to NoED. 😁

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2763701#Comment_2763701

    A perk that can only be useful in 4man SWF? Comparing to a perk that grants 2 (TWO!) free kills out of the box with no effort? Well, i don't know, you might be right on this one: they are not even comparable.

    Only useful in a 4 man SWF? Bruh, CoH has united Solo gamers in a way that no other perk could have hoped to achieve. All you need to see is shiny blue thing, and survivors will either b-line/urban evade there immediately after unhook/whenever they feel threatened.

    everybody knows shiny blue thing brings peace and comfort. If anything, co operative actions have increased thanks to CoH because people want to drown themselves in Pepsi Blue.

  • i think the nerf only gave an extra 2 seconds to self-heal, and NOED is only strong on certain maps where totem spawns are terrible for survivors e.g. midwich and lery's.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2763778#Comment_2763778

    Yeah, personal insults are even stronger an argument.

    About what you are saying beside that: try utilizing this perk while playing in soloQ, just try. You will spend half of the game looking for totems and mostly will encounter broken bones. And even after you succeed, your boon might be gone in a second, literally, because that's how long it takes for the killer to snuff it. And the killer certainly won't have problems finding it, given its loud noise for 50 meters.

    Why does it happen so that I've never had problems with this perk even while playing against SWFs? It's not nearly as strong as DS and DH.

    Half the game looking for totems that most ppl not brand new know where 90% spawns are at or the joke that kills the Noed point that you just said most totems will be broken so if ppl break totems that much guess noed isn’t an issue . I play 100% survivor anymore and even I know coh is way better than noed awd or solo.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2761525#Comment_2761525

    I've never lost a game to a CoH. But I've won a ton of games with NOED. The same goes for when I play as a survivor, just the other way around. I don't know how biased one has to be to believe NOED is weaker than CoH, when the reality is dramatically opposite.

    Because you probably play at low MMR, learn to play and you will understand that NOED its trash perk at high MMR.

  • @Pulsar_Pain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2761534#Comment_2761534

    Because you probably play at low MMR, learn to play and you will understand that NOED its trash perk at high MMR.

    Yeah, just yesterday I've seen some tournament streamed by Tofu, and killer used NOED there. It was Frontier vs Odyssey, the latter was the killer, just at the end. So NOED is literally tournament tier perk. Or you want to tell me that Odyssey play at low MMR?

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    i think the nerf only gave an extra 2 seconds to self-heal, and NOED is only strong on certain maps where totem spawns are terrible for survivors e.g. midwich and lery's.

    Especially RPD, if NOED goes off there i’m dipping.

  • @Pulsar_Pain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2761534#Comment_2761534

    Because you probably play at low MMR, learn to play and you will understand that NOED its trash perk at high MMR.

    I’m high mmr with 4.500 hours, and when I see a killer that only gets 2-3 hooks before 5 gens are done I know he has noed. Why do you think I play against him/her? Because noed gives them extra kills they don’t deserve.

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2764203#Comment_2764203

    I’m high mmr with 4.500 hours, and when I see a killer that only gets 2-3 hooks before 5 gens are done I know he has noed. Why do you think I play against him/her? Because noed gives them extra kills they don’t deserve.

    Because noed gives them extra kills they don’t deserve

    Oh look; the same lie Survivors always babble. 'They don't deserve the kills because we said so! Proof NoED is broken! 🤪'


    Does NoED show the Killer where Survivors are? No. So the Killer still has to use other Perks, or just find them on his own.

    Does NoED hurt Survivors on its own? No. So the Killer still has to chase Survivors and hit them.

    Does noED hook Survivors on its own? No. So the Killer still has to be aware of flashlight saves, flashbangs, pallets, hook sabo, bodyblocking, DStrike...


    The simple fact is that NoED is balanced. Because of this, Survivors vomit lies and fake flaws in order to pretend NoED has flaws to try getting it nerfed. Because they have nothing.


    Three unalterable facts that take apart every Survivor whine-post about NoED:

    1. It does not give kills Killers 'don't deserve' because they deserve every Kill they get. That's how the game works. They killed you? Your hurt widdle feelings aside; they deserved the kill. That as stupid as saying 'Survivors did not deserve the gen because they used Prove Thyself 🤪'
    2. It does not 'reward failure' because the Killer has not failed until you leave the map. Survivors cannot just invent a failure state and expect it to be a rule.
    3. Deal with it.
  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2765292#Comment_2765292

    Because noed gives them extra kills they don’t deserve

    Oh look; the same lie Survivors always babble. 'They don't deserve the kills because we said so! Proof NoED is broken! 🤪'

    Does NoED show the Killer where Survivors are? No. So the Killer still has to use other Perks, or just find them on his own.

    Does NoED hurt Survivors on its own? No. So the Killer still has to chase Survivors and hit them.

    Does noED hook Survivors on its own? No. So the Killer still has to be aware of flashlight saves, flashbangs, pallets, hook sabo, bodyblocking, DStrike...

    The simple fact is that NoED is balanced. Because of this, Survivors vomit lies and fake flaws in order to pretend NoED has flaws to try getting it nerfed. Because they have nothing.

    Three unalterable facts that take apart every Survivor whine-post about NoED:

    1. It does not give kills Killers 'don't deserve' because they deserve every Kill they get. That's how the game works. They killed you? Your hurt widdle feelings aside; they deserved the kill. That as stupid as saying 'Survivors did not deserve the gen because they used Prove Thyself 🤪'
    2. It does not 'reward failure' because the Killer has not failed until you leave the map. Survivors cannot just invent a failure state and expect it to be a rule.
    3. Deal with it.

    You use noed, don’t you?

  • Let me guess; you're going to use my answer to dismiss all my points without actually countering them because you've got no counter arguments to solid facts and are seeking a way to ignore my very solid argument?

    Yes, sometimes, I do. That does not mean my points are wrong.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2765327#Comment_2765327

    Let me guess; you're going to use my answer to dismiss all my points without actually countering them because you've got no counter arguments to solid facts and are seeking a way to ignore my very solid argument?

    Yes, sometimes, I do. That does not mean my points are wrong.

    No, I knew the answer

  • Still have not countered my comments. Because you can't.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2764203#Comment_2764203

    Yeah, just yesterday I've seen some tournament streamed by Tofu, and killer used NOED there. It was Frontier vs Odyssey, the latter was the killer, just at the end. So NOED is literally tournament tier perk. Or you want to tell me that Odyssey play at low MMR?

    NOED is staple in competitive because it's so hellishly difficult to even get a single kill there as most killers the main strategy is to camp out first survivor/use NOED to try and get 1 kill normally.

  • @GannTM said:

    Oh my god, please quit making assumptions the devs are one sided. I hate it when survivors and killers do it. Please stop whining.

    I Agree on this forum being ridiculous but look at the most recent updates and it's hard not to see the devs being survivor biased at least.

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2764203#Comment_2764203

    I’m high mmr with 4.500 hours, and when I see a killer that only gets 2-3 hooks before 5 gens are done I know he has noed. Why do you think I play against him/her? Because noed gives them extra kills they don’t deserve.

    Like survs when get free second chance just thanks to DH, BT, DS, SG, Unbrekable, ecc... so if NOED need nerf even 10+ broken survs perks and add-ons need nerf.

  • the CoH nerf literally won't change anything

  • Just clean all totems, or remember Totem's spawns. That's all. Noed is low tier perk in my opinion dude

  • @Mister_xD said:

    because one was extremely overpowered and the other one mediocre.

    why would you want to nerf an already mediocre perk?

    It's not about performance.

    Do you think it's fair that a bubba facecamping a survivor right at the start gets a free 2 kill thanks to noed?

    And that is because you can't rescue a survivor in front of a decent bubba and you have barely the time to smash 5 gens while someone is getting facecamped, so you can't do dull totems.

    This is the best exemple I have to say noed sucks in its current state, and this kind of exemple is very commun, and it usually even turns into 4k when I go solo queue.

  • @Lawlichan said:

    the CoH nerf literally won't change anything

    I believe several people have done the math and it adds a whole 2 seconds to a full heal. Given how ridiculously fast a normal COH heal is (not counting perks, medkits etc) it's not even a functional nerf!

  • @Bardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2765679#Comment_2765679

    I believe several people have done the math and it adds a whole 2 seconds to a full heal. Given how ridiculously fast a normal COH heal is (not counting perks, medkits etc) it's not even a functional nerf!

    it's not even a functional nerf

    Yeah, I'm convinced that was the point; To try appeasing Killers while making sure Survivors lost nothing. There's no way no one ran the numbers on this nerf. They knew 25% sounded big while doing nothing.

  • @Ula said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2761488#Comment_2761488

    It's not about performance.

    Do you think it's fair that a bubba facecamping a survivor right at the start gets a free 2 kill thanks to noed?

    And that is because you can't rescue a survivor in front of a decent bubba and you have barely the time to smash 5 gens while someone is getting facecamped, so you can't do dull totems.

    This is the best exemple I have to say noed sucks in its current state, and this kind of exemple is very commun, and it usually even turns into 4k when I go solo queue.

    thats not an issue with NOED, thats an issue with how facecamping works.

  • @Lawlichan said:

    the CoH nerf literally won't change anything

    I think it’ll be like DS where no one will use it the first few weeks, but then it’ll start to be more common again.

  • @Travis_Bateman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/306053/coh-is-nerfed-noed-is-not

    You saying that it wasn't "that strong in the first place",just like Aven,shows you didn't know how COH screwed a lot of playstyles from killers especially hit and run,altough it doesn't Make the perk useless,its still pretty strong and useful,it just goes from 100% to 75%. Also,boons in a way don't have counterplay,they are infinite,noed sometimes you can't even get to use it,because survivors already cleansed 5 totems,some "people" say its hard,even tough you just need to memorize well the locations.

    They don't even need to memorize.....they have Maps and various perks to find Totems quickly. NOED only has become a hot topic because of Boons, because no one is breaking totems anymore because they don't want to lose a possible location. I had a match where I was running Inner Healing was breaking a totem and 2 survivors literally trolled me the entire match. They body blocked me helped the Killer find me by pointing in a closet I was in until I was dead. At the end game chat they harassed me for breaking 1 totem. I know there are others that think the same way as them with Boons and totems.

  • @Junylar said:

    If anyone had any doubts, it shows perfectly which side the devs take in this "us vs them" argument. NOED has been the most unfair and hated perk in the game, turning occasional 0k into 2k, 1k into 3k, and 2k into 4k with no extra effort required. CoH wasn't that strong in the first place, if we don't touch the problematic subject of SWF, and they nerf it after a couple of months.

    I guess "just to the bones" argument indeed works in only one direction, it's a title of some sort.

    Killers: *get nerfed all year round*

    Survivors: *get their 1 nerf per year*

    SUrvivors: Unfair. Devs have clearly shown what side they favor. THey are so killer sided They just cater to the killers. Uninstalling

  • If NOED was nerfed the same way CoH was, they would just reduce the movement speed bonus by 1% and call it a day

  • @coaltrain503 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/306053/coh-is-nerfed-noed-is-not

    Killers: *get nerfed all year round*

    Survivors: *get their 1 nerf per year*

    SUrvivors: Unfair. Devs have clearly shown what side they favor. THey are so killer sided They just cater to the killers. Uninstalling

    1 nerf per year? Count all the survivor nerfs since 2016 and compare it to the amount of killer nerfs since 2016.

  • @lаwrence said:

    If NOED was nerfed the same way CoH was, they would just reduce the movement speed bonus by 1% and call it a day

    It’s a good start

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769417#Comment_2769417

    1 nerf per year? Count all the survivor nerfs since 2016 and compare it to the amount of killer nerfs since 2016.

    ??? Yes, removing busted things like literal infinites were good. When 2016 survivor was beyond absurdly overpowered, they needed way more things nerfed or removed. That is not an argument.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2761525#Comment_2761525

    I've never lost a game to a CoH. But I've won a ton of games with NOED. The same goes for when I play as a survivor, just the other way around. I don't know how biased one has to be to believe NOED is weaker than CoH, when the reality is dramatically opposite.

    COH isnt a perk that does much in endgame, so you dont lose games TO it, moreso BECAUSE of it. Having someone injured is a form of pressure for the killer, and COH removes that because they just need to run to the totem and boom, back to full health. Killers cant drop chase anymore, killers cant slug anymore, killers are having pressure removed because of boons

  • yeah and they also nerfed the second blink of nurse. jesus lol...

1 2 3 ›