Survivor mains crying about buffed Dead Man's Switch and The Artist

Finally a killer that feels like a threat towards survivors but they'll complain a lot and soon we will see unnecessary nerfs for The Artist and Dead Man's Switch🤦

Comments

  • Meanwhile the wiggle mechanic gets a buff because...why not? But the one actual legit killer buff in the entire patch? CALL THE COPS COTE!

  • Survivors might as well ask for killers to be removed from the game so they can peacefully hold m1 on gens and leave.

  • Yet another killer main talking about survivors as a whole thinking every survivor have the same opinions.

    There will always be some people that are not satisfied with new updates.

  • I may love the Artist and the buffed DMS but her with that perk is basically free map pressure while proxy camping the hook. I don’t see how that isn’t worthy of complaints.

  • @GannTM said:

    I may love the Artist and the buffed DMS but her with that perk is basically free map pressure while proxy camping the hook. I don’t see how that isn’t worthy of complaints.

    It's no different than Doctor with both calm addons and distressing proxy camping with DMS no? No unhooking with his shocks and blast to block gens. I don't see why everyone is singling out the Artist whenever DMS is brought up and asking to nerf her, when there's Doctor, Freddy and to some extent PinHead with his chain hunts that can use the perk pretty well compared to other killer's.

  • Imagine being a main

  • First and foremost not all survivors are the same. I play survivor, I like to face the Artist and I like that Deadmans Switch gets a descent buff. I am a bit worried but I will wait for the live servers and just hope that Artist gets played a bit more.

    I hate camping and proxy camping Killers. This does not single out the Artist. Thus I view the problem of "camping Artist" just as another "camping Killer". Deadmans Switch adds no new pages to this book for me. Camping is bad and there should be something to encourage (not: punish) Killers for leaving a hooked person. BBQ & Chilly as well as Hex: Devour Hope are perks I very much like for this reason.

    And now to the fun part: I also play Killer. I just do not play Artist, her style if not for me. I am interested in the new Deadmans Switch on certain Killers and in certain combinations (Deadmans + Thrilling + Deadlock = Do not touch this!). It sounds like fun.

    However I hope that Killers are going for the interesting route here and do not just slap Deadmans ontop of the boring meta-build with Pop/Ruin/Undying. I want to see more perks...

  • Generalising all survivor players is the forums favourite pastime I swear

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    Meanwhile the wiggle mechanic gets a buff because...why not? But the one actual legit killer buff in the entire patch? CALL THE COPS COTE!

    Literally no one asked for the wiggle buff dude. Blame BHVR for that one. It has nothing to do with DMS being unfair with The Artist's kit.

  • @Gwinty said:

    First and foremost not all survivors are the same. I play survivor, I like to face the Artist and I like that Deadmans Switch gets a descent buff. I am a bit worried but I will wait for the live servers and just hope that Artist gets played a bit more.

    I hate camping and proxy camping Killers. This does not single out the Artist. Thus I view the problem of "camping Artist" just as another "camping Killer". Deadmans Switch adds no new pages to this book for me. Camping is bad and there should be something to encourage (not: punish) Killers for leaving a hooked person. BBQ & Chilly as well as Hex: Devour Hope are perks I very much like for this reason.

    And now to the fun part: I also play Killer. I just do not play Artist, her style if not for me. I am interested in the new Deadmans Switch on certain Killers and in certain combinations (Deadmans + Thrilling + Deadlock = Do not touch this!). It sounds like fun.

    However I hope that Killers are going for the interesting route here and do not just slap Deadmans ontop of the boring meta-build with Pop/Ruin/Undying. I want to see more perks...

    DMS, new or old, has awful synergy with Ruin and Pop, blocked gens dont regress by Ruin and you cant kick them until DMS is over which last 45 seconds, same as Pop.

  • @Yankus said:

    Survivors might as well ask for killers to be removed from the game so they can peacefully hold m1 on gens and leave.

    Are you sure about survivors might ask for killers to be removed?

    I don't see any of that. All I see on these pages is killers crying about everything.

  • @CrowVortex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2741667#Comment_2741667

    It's no different than Doctor with both calm addons and distressing proxy camping with DMS no? No unhooking with his shocks and blast to block gens. I don't see why everyone is singling out the Artist whenever DMS is brought up and asking to nerf her, when there's Doctor, Freddy and to some extent PinHead with his chain hunts that can use the perk pretty well compared to other killer's.

    Doctor with both calm addons and distressing is 58m terror radius

    Freddy has to teleport away from the hook

    Pinheads chains also have a limited reach and you can manage chain hunt through the box

    Artist is map wide pressure.

    Now i don't think it needs to be insta nerfed and we should see it live for a while so people have time to come up with counters. But it is a noteworthy synergy that offers a lot of vallue for little to no effort.

    I'm all for buffing killers but not if it still promotes camping or lose

  • Breaking news: "killer main" creates fictional scenario in their head and gets mad about it

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2741663#Comment_2741663

    Are you sure about survivors might ask for killers to be removed?

    I don't see any of that. All I see on these pages is killers crying about everything.

    You won’t see any of that with your attitude.

    you gotta use your imagination for that obviously. Then you can join the hate. Doesn’t even matter which side you pick. Just create a narrative and talk the other side down. Ez

  • Are they? Maybe coz of timezones I missed it but I haven't really seen much crying about that, just the usual lol

  • @CrowVortex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2741667#Comment_2741667

    It's no different than Doctor with both calm addons and distressing proxy camping with DMS no? No unhooking with his shocks and blast to block gens. I don't see why everyone is singling out the Artist whenever DMS is brought up and asking to nerf her, when there's Doctor, Freddy and to some extent PinHead with his chain hunts that can use the perk pretty well compared to other killer's.

    Static blast has restricted range and 60 second cooldown.

    Artist's power has a 6 second cooldown, IIRC, and is global.

    You can move to a different gen if you get Static Blasted and Doctor can't do anything about it without giving up the camp, but Artist can just fire a crow at your new gen to apply the same pressure.

    EDIT: Also, @BlighTown , the topic you're referring to was someone playing the Artist, I believe, and they weren't crying about it, they were just expressing concerns about how powerful this combo is and how little you can do against it.

  • @Ghoste said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2741659#Comment_2741659

    Literally no one asked for the wiggle buff dude. Blame BHVR for that one. It has nothing to do with DMS being unfair with The Artist's kit.

    They did through all the "wiggle does nothing" posts over the years.

  • It will probably end up like hangman's trick. Buffed in the ptb then nerfed shortly after. I don't see anyone running that perk now.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2742269#Comment_2742269

    They did through all the "wiggle does nothing" posts over the years.

    Where? Give me a sizeable amount of examples pls

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    Meanwhile the wiggle mechanic gets a buff because...why not? But the one actual legit killer buff in the entire patch? CALL THE COPS COTE!

    yeah that 1 second faster wiggle if you hit every great skill check is really game breaking

  • @remoirel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2741659#Comment_2741659

    yeah that 1 second faster wiggle if you hit every great skill check is really game breaking

    Literally only useful those moments when the killer doesnt have to be in front of the hook to hook you, they just slice there when you're already 99%, otherwise you'd wiggle off anyway

  • Dead Man's Switch is probably going to get nerfed in the live version of the game.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2742269#Comment_2742269

    They did through all the "wiggle does nothing" posts over the years.

    In literally every "wiggle does nothing" thread, OPs get explained that wiggling isn't there as a get out of jail free card, and they shouldn't expect to escape getting hooked unless their team mates are running specific builds to prevent it.

    Wiggling is there to actually get the killer to hook the survivors, otherwise they could either hold them hostage by holding them, or always make it to the basement

    And as others have pointed out, nobody asked for the wiggling buff, which is less than a second anyway IF you hit all the great skill checks. Going nuts over this but at the same time pretending that buff DMS won't be a problem (as showcased in another thread) kinda shows ones bias and flawed opinions

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2742280#Comment_2742280

    You won’t see any of that with your attitude.

    you gotta use your imagination for that obviously. Then you can join the hate. Doesn’t even matter which side you pick. Just create a narrative and talk the other side down. Ez

    My attitude is fine, no hate either. I just spoke facts.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2742319#Comment_2742319

    In literally every "wiggle does nothing" thread, OPs get explained that wiggling isn't there as a get out of jail free card, and they shouldn't expect to escape getting hooked unless their team mates are running specific builds to prevent it.

    Wiggling is there to actually get the killer to hook the survivors, otherwise they could either hold them hostage by holding them, or always make it to the basement

    And as others have pointed out, nobody asked for the wiggling buff, which is less than a second anyway IF you hit all the great skill checks. Going nuts over this but at the same time pretending that buff DMS won't be a problem (as showcased in another thread) kinda shows ones bias and flawed opinions

    I know, but does it matter to these devs? years of complaining about ds because escaping the killers grasp is so damaging and they go and buff 2 perks to escape plus shorten wiggle time.

    they are severely disconnected to how this game functions.

    the sad thing is i can see them adding a hook or breaking a wall at all the op spots survivors find to use boil over instead of admitting it is a bad idea and not updating the perk.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2742293#Comment_2742293

    My attitude is fine, no hate either. I just spoke facts.

    Thats… that’s what I meant?

    you need to change your attitude to be more hateful to see what those people claim survivor/killer mains behave like.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2742368#Comment_2742368

    Thats… that’s what I meant?

    you need to change your attitude to be more hateful to see what those people claim survivor/killer mains behave like.

    You're right, I misunderstood your post.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2742254#Comment_2742254

    DMS, new or old, has awful synergy with Ruin and Pop, blocked gens dont regress by Ruin and you cant kick them until DMS is over which last 45 seconds, same as Pop.

    I hope so. This is why I look forwards to DMS being in the mix: It mixes poorly with the existing regression and does not take away the progress. This is pretty good in my opinion. Killers will have to decide if they want to run Ruin or DMS.

    However a few month back people talk about how Ruin and Pop are not going well together and that changes. I hope that this does not repeat itself with DMS.

  • @BlighTown said:

    Finally a killer that feels like a threat towards survivors but they'll complain a lot and soon we will see unnecessary nerfs for The Artist and Dead Man's Switch🤦

    Its kinda hilarious to see how poor the gamesense of forum user can be. If you dont see an issue here, theres no help for you.

  • @BlighTown said:

    Finally a killer that feels like a threat towards survivors but they'll complain a lot and soon we will see unnecessary nerfs for The Artist and Dead Man's Switch🤦

    Okay i,m a killer main too but artist will get the best killer just by standing still and spaming crows to gens and wait for dead man switch to block the gen and wait for noed but in General is that perk buff amazing in my eyes

  • @GannTM said:

    I may love the Artist and the buffed DMS but her with that perk is basically free map pressure while proxy camping the hook. I don’t see how that isn’t worthy of complaints.

    Yes same thing in genaral the buff is totally fine

  • @CrowVortex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2741667#Comment_2741667

    It's no different than Doctor with both calm addons and distressing proxy camping with DMS no? No unhooking with his shocks and blast to block gens. I don't see why everyone is singling out the Artist whenever DMS is brought up and asking to nerf her, when there's Doctor, Freddy and to some extent PinHead with his chain hunts that can use the perk pretty well compared to other killer's.

    Bc they all have to leave the hook even doc if its not the game and midwich.

  • @Impartiality said:

    Killer mains are crying a hell of a lot more about this update lol. They are still complaining about the previous update too.

    But clearly your bias doesn’t see the millions of threads and posts about these 😂

    I wonder why survs still have the free win perk called dead hard i never cared even slightest about the old ds and even mom bc dead hard does all that thinks thousand times better if the surv isnt brain afk



    The combo iron will dead hard is literally the survivor part of the old spirit play like trash and win every round if you not playing solo Q

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2742365#Comment_2742365

    I know, but does it matter to these devs? years of complaining about ds because escaping the killers grasp is so damaging and they go and buff 2 perks to escape plus shorten wiggle time.

    they are severely disconnected to how this game functions.

    the sad thing is i can see them adding a hook or breaking a wall at all the op spots survivors find to use boil over instead of admitting it is a bad idea and not updating the perk.

    I mean i see me already only playing hardcore slugging nurse if that perk will get used that often but atm i think it will be just a two week thing like power struggle who trutalent cyred for no reason about it

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    Meanwhile the wiggle mechanic gets a buff because...why not? But the one actual legit killer buff in the entire patch? CALL THE COPS COTE!

    It's not a buff for survivors, it's an aggravation.

  • @Aurelle said:

    Dead Man's Switch is probably going to get nerfed in the live version of the game.

    If they do that they will lose so many more killers bc survs still have sprint burst and dead hard and everyone know that perks by far stronger than any killer perk in game


    And on the oppsite side i dont get killers who cry about bt and ds like serusly if they run dead hard iron will spine chill COH you will not even get value out of the insta tunnling and caming if you lost three gens for one chase

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Imagine being a main

    Pretty easy to imagine, I don’t enjoy playing survivor so I only play as killer.

  • @Iudex_Nemesis said:

    It will probably end up like hangman's trick. Buffed in the ptb then nerfed shortly after. I don't see anyone running that perk now.

    Hypothetically if it turns out the PTB version of Dead Man’s Switch is overpowered they can simply reduce its duration a bit to fine tune it.

  • As someone that posted about DMS' changes potentially making the perk unfair, unfun or overpowered I just thought I should note I'm pretty much exclusively a killer main anyway. I also hate the wiggle change. Only reason I didn't post about that is it's not as problematic but yeah it's an awful change all the same.

  • I am a killer main. I am not crying but do believe this combo could be a problem. It motivates a camping heavy playstyle which I think is unhealthy for the game in the long-term.

    Please stop categorizing people as "survivor mains cry", "killer mains cry" blah blah blah. Everyone is an individual, maybe we should address people as individuals

  • @CowabungaDude said:

    Haven't seen a single person genuinely complain about DMS. And I check these forums 15 times a day.

    I've seen a few, check feedback as most of them are getting moved there.

  • @remoirel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2741659#Comment_2741659

    yeah that 1 second faster wiggle if you hit every great skill check is really game breaking

    If it's nothing then there's no issue with reverting it. A second matters. I have had countless times where an extra second would get me free. It is also abusable due to not actually moving at all like other skill checks, so anyone who doesn't mind cheating a bit (seriously not an issue in this game, right?) can just use a macro to hit every great and just have a permanent lesser wiggle. It also is designed to not be a risk. If you try to hit a great on repair or healing, the great zone is next to the edge so you risk missing the whole thing by going for the great. On this, it's in the middle so there is no risk and no reason to NOT go for it. It is unnecessary, but survivors oddly don't think it needs to be reverted. No, what needs to be dealt with is the only real killer buff in the entire patch lol


    If survivors want people to stop calling the devs survivor sided, then they need to stop being survivor sided, because they objectively are. People are complaining about COH and DH, experiments are showing killers need to play scummy to get kills anymore, most killers are entirely unviable etc etc. And to prove to use they are totally unbiased, they give us a patch with a straight up survivor buff (everyone has wiggle so it's a buff to the entire role), nerfs to one of the weakest killers in the game, several other unneeded killer nerfs, and now the only good buff is probably going to be removed due to whining. During a time when killers are quitting and survivor queues are double digits now. If they aren't survivor sided then they are absurdly tone deaf. If killers have tons of issues that need addressing and instead you BUFF SURVIVORS and NERF CLOWN in the patch, expect people to call your devs survivor sided.

  • @Stealthyfeng123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2742379#Comment_2742379

    I mean i see me already only playing hardcore slugging nurse if that perk will get used that often but atm i think it will be just a two week thing like power struggle who trutalent cyred for no reason about it

    You won't get it in the average match. But it will be abused by "bully squads". I am sure you have gone against the odd breakout sabo squad before and know how annoying it can be.

  • @BlighTown said:

    Finally a killer that feels like a threat towards survivors but they'll complain a lot and soon we will see unnecessary nerfs for The Artist and Dead Man's Switch🤦

    It'll be much better on The Doctor then it'll ever be on the Artist

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2742815#Comment_2742815

    You won't get it in the average match. But it will be abused by "bully squads". I am sure you have gone against the odd breakout sabo squad before and know how annoying it can be.

    Yes thats why i only play the S tier killer to counter that with hardcore slugging

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2742333#Comment_2742333

    If it's nothing then there's no issue with reverting it. A second matters. I have had countless times where an extra second would get me free. It is also abusable due to not actually moving at all like other skill checks, so anyone who doesn't mind cheating a bit (seriously not an issue in this game, right?) can just use a macro to hit every great and just have a permanent lesser wiggle. It also is designed to not be a risk. If you try to hit a great on repair or healing, the great zone is next to the edge so you risk missing the whole thing by going for the great. On this, it's in the middle so there is no risk and no reason to NOT go for it. It is unnecessary, but survivors oddly don't think it needs to be reverted. No, what needs to be dealt with is the only real killer buff in the entire patch lol

    If survivors want people to stop calling the devs survivor sided, then they need to stop being survivor sided, because they objectively are. People are complaining about COH and DH, experiments are showing killers need to play scummy to get kills anymore, most killers are entirely unviable etc etc. And to prove to use they are totally unbiased, they give us a patch with a straight up survivor buff (everyone has wiggle so it's a buff to the entire role), nerfs to one of the weakest killers in the game, several other unneeded killer nerfs, and now the only good buff is probably going to be removed due to whining. During a time when killers are quitting and survivor queues are double digits now. If they aren't survivor sided then they are absurdly tone deaf. If killers have tons of issues that need addressing and instead you BUFF SURVIVORS and NERF CLOWN in the patch, expect people to call your devs survivor sided.

    that's a whole lot of being upset over 1 second, friend.

    not to mention the 1 second might be an unintended oversight that won't even make it into the live build.

  • As a survivor main I honestly couldn’t care less. I’ve got CoH. You guys can proxy camp with Artist to your hearts content and while it will be annoying, it’s perfectly fair game imho. Not the best way to go about balancing a game but this is dbd after all. I’ll take balance seriously when the devs do. Until then all gloves are off. It’s not a serious game anyway, unfortunately.

  • Killer mains complaining about dead hard and new wiggle. this forum is a dumpster fire

  • @GannTM said:

    I may love the Artist and the buffed DMS but her with that perk is basically free map pressure while proxy camping the hook. I don’t see how that isn’t worthy of complaints.

    There's plenty on the survivor side that is worthy of complaints, and both way more powerful AND annoying that the combo you mention, but if killers complain it's "git gud".

    So, I'll say it, survivor mains, shut up and "git gud"

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2741667#Comment_2741667

    There's plenty on the survivor side that is worthy of complaints, and both way more powerful AND annoying that the combo you mention, but if killers complain it's "git gud".

    So, I'll say it, survivor mains, shut up and "git gud"

    That’s whataboutism. I know there’s many busted things survivors have but this topic was specifically about Artist + DMS.

‹ 1 2