Lightborn is a valid perk

I went up against a 4 men swf who picked the Deadman saloon. Who all had 4 flashlights. And try to do that locker trick in the main building. Luckily I used lightborn to play. If I didn't then I would've got annoyed and stop playing that game.

Endgame they started cussing me out because I used lightborn and got the 4 k. Look I'm going to say if locker blinds didn't exist I wouldn't use lightborn. I play to have fun not to get bullied to a point where I don't enjoy the game.

Killer mains you shouldn't feel ashamed to use lightborn, the players your facing aren't you. So don't listen to them. (Most of them don't play killer).

Comments

  • @OverratedFool said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707586#Comment_2707586

    You believe that survivors playing like this are actively spending the match making sure the killer is miserable?

    I would find that kind of a match fantastic as killer. Same goes for any other weird plays a swf might try. You might want every game to be the same but you don't speak for everyone.

    Being blinded the entire game is not fun.

    Get over it.

  • How would anyone counter lockersaves without this perk? We all know two survivors in lockers ready to jump out and save the other can do this again and again. Ok it does not happen that often but it's a thing.

  • @OverratedFool said:

    I was wrong to think I could let this lie. I can't.

    I have a post in this thread that flat out calls the OP an idiot. That post has multiples likes.

    I quote somebody who belives that killers should not care if the survivors are enjoying the game, and call that a disgusting attitude, and that post is removed within 30 minutes?

    ARE YOU SERIOUS? How is THAT the post that you remove? Unbelievable.

    I'm assuming you said something to me since i got a notification that you replied to me. Don't know what it was about, didnt see it.

  • @OverratedFool said:

    That's right.

    Well assuming you said something rude. I mean you did say that you called someone idiot and i think thats kinda unnecessary. Killers dont have to care about survivors fun just like survivors dont give jack ass about killers fun.

  • @Tubby_Squirrel said:

    I find when I equip lightborn people just... keep ... trying to blind... like 5 hooks and 2 gens in people still be trying to blind me...

    Fun thing is when you pretend they didn't get the blind timing right xD

  • @OverratedFool said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707920#Comment_2707920

    The post calling someone an idiot is several pages back. I was using it as an example of a post that is very clearly more rude than the one which was deleted.

    I believe your attitude and the attitude of the others who liked your earlier post, is a disgusting one.

    Watch this get deleted now too, for no reason at all.

    So what in your mind we killers shouldnt use lightborn because it takes survivors fun away? I'm not reading all these topics again to see what was being said, but i think thats even more disgusting attitude to have.

    Anyways let people use whatever perk they choose to use if its lightborn then its lightborn. I'm not dcing because people are using DH or DS or CoH even though i truly hate those perks and guess what..they take my fun away from the game :)

  • @Hannacia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707927#Comment_2707927

    So what in your mind we killers shouldnt use lightborn because it takes survivors fun away? I'm not reading all these topics again to see what was being said, but i think thats even more disgusting attitude to have.

    Anyways let people use whatever perk they choose to use if its lightborn then its lightborn. I'm not dcing because people are using DH or DS or CoH even though i truly hate those perks and guess what..they take my fun away from the game :)

    I could go back through this thread right now and quote myself saying that people should run LB if they wish, at least 3 times. I think more. However, if you can't be bothered to read the thread that you're commenting on (or even the posts you're replying to, see just above), then I'm certainly not going to go and do that.


    The people who DC, are the exact type of people who like a post that says that killers should not care if 80% of the people in the game are not having fun, as long as they are.


    People who DC (for any reason) will be firmly on your side, I'm sure. The game is purely about YOU having fun, and nobody else, right?

  • @OverratedFool said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707938#Comment_2707938

    I could go back through this thread right now and quote myself saying that people should run LB if they wish, at least 3 times. I think more. However, if you can't be bothered to read the thread that you're commenting on (or even the posts you're replying to, see just above), then I'm certainly not going to go and do that.

    The people who DC, are the exact type of people who like a post that says that killers should not care if 80% of the people in the game are not having fun, as long as they are.

    People who DC (for any reason) will be firmly on your side, I'm sure. The game is purely about YOU having fun, and nobody else, right?

    UH...i did read the topic before i commented my first post but im not going back to see what you've posted before and please don't expect me to remember it eather.

    OK...so you are saying 80% of the people in this game are survivors and thus 20% should respect their fun? Did i read that right? Why does DCing have anything to do with my post? Did you actually read my first post at all?

    Let me make this crystal clear for you now... What i said was lightborn isnt a bad perk for killers to use if they see a lobby of possible SWFs with 3-4 flashies..right? Its a good counter perk and there is nothing wrong if killer is using it.

    Second i said there are also killers that cannot handle the light flickers and the blinding for health reasons. Are they doing you injustice when they use this perk? Are they bad people for taking your fun away so he or she can get sick from your flashlights?

    Third... and most important. No killer should do something just because it makes you happy! Do you always do what makes the killers happy?

    I don't camp nor tunnel because i try to play fair but do the survivors thank me for that...sometimes but quite often i get EZ uninstall yada yada afterwards because i played fair and couldnt or could kill them all.

    Do not tell me to play how you want me to play. I will play how i want to play and how i have my fun. In the end im damn fair killer to you guys and if i use lightborn to do so hell i will.

    Anyways you can think of me being unfair or whatever but i simply dont agree that killers should be mindful of survivors fun when most survivors dont care about killers. End of rant have a nice day and merry christmas!


    Edit: Typos.. probably didnt even fix all

  • @OverratedFool said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707938#Comment_2707938

    I could go back through this thread right now and quote myself saying that people should run LB if they wish, at least 3 times. I think more. However, if you can't be bothered to read the thread that you're commenting on (or even the posts you're replying to, see just above), then I'm certainly not going to go and do that.

    The people who DC, are the exact type of people who like a post that says that killers should not care if 80% of the people in the game are not having fun, as long as they are.

    People who DC (for any reason) will be firmly on your side, I'm sure. The game is purely about YOU having fun, and nobody else, right?

    Oh come on

    "The game is purely about YOU having fun, and nobody else, right"

    Doesn't come close to what was actually said. Just like in literally every other multiplayer game, it's not the responsibility of one side to make sure that the other is having fun. That's just life.

    I can hope everyone is having fun, but as killer I'm there to play as well, not manage the experience for four random people. "Fun" being such a purely subjective concept that changes from one player to the next, trying to make sure the other side is having fun, is a recipe to ensure you won't.

    When BHVR starts paying me to guide survivor players through a "fun" match, I will. Until then, I'm not going to worry overmuch about how much "fun" the other side is having, any more than I would on any other multiplayer game. I will instead treat my opponents as fully formed humans capable of managing their own play experience.

  • I cannot hold a conversation with anybody who states that "KILLERS SHOULD NOT CARE" whether or not anybody but them is having fun, and then later quotes himself as having stated "No killer should do something just because it makes you happy!".


    Don't expect another reply.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2705888#Comment_2705888

    its obvious if someone is a lightborn user, you can't hide it.

    Some don't though, and often people focus on the action versus the effect. My experience has been that some do and some don't, but what happens sometimes is despite the obvious people can overlook it. The beam doesn't shrink, true. But the survivor may be more focused on the fact the killer tried to look away than the effect of the light. It can, and has, distracted people in the past.

    You can't hide the beam, but you can hide them noticing by how you react. People don't see the obvious during the fog of war sometimes.

  • Accusing you for using lightborn while they made the rules for that match. Map, flashlights, voice chat. How hypocrite can they be

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/300965/lightborn-is-a-valid-perk

    A perk that removes a game mechanic such as flashlight saves shouldn't be a thing. No idea why they would buff lightborn after hard nerfing flashlights, 5 seconds to blind a lightborn user was already bad enough, now they're immune to it.

    It'd be better if lightborn is immune to blinds, but can still be flashlight saved with the regular timing.

    Allow me to introduce you to Iron Will & Calm Spirit + Lucky Break, Breakdown, Off the Record, and Bite the Bullet.

    These two perks remove a mechanic from the game at no cost to the survivor + I've listed some that have limited use or situational value.


    On the killer side, you have Lightborn + Corrupt Intervention, Franklin's, Knock Out, Cruel Limits, Mindbreaker, Deadlock, and No Way Out.

    This singular perk removes a mechanic from the game at no cost to the killer + I've listed some that have limited use or situational value.


    Passive perks have a place in DBD just as much as active perks. I'd argue the game would do better with more passive perks (for killers in particular), so players don't have to wonder whether or not their perks are going to get any value during a trial.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/300965/lightborn-is-a-valid-perk

    A perk that removes a game mechanic such as flashlight saves shouldn't be a thing. No idea why they would buff lightborn after hard nerfing flashlights, 5 seconds to blind a lightborn user was already bad enough, now they're immune to it.

    It'd be better if lightborn is immune to blinds, but can still be flashlight saved with the regular timing.

    So you agree that ShadowStep, which removes fundamental killer abilities to read auras or see scratch marks should be removed immediately. Cool, I agree!

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2705799#Comment_2705799

    Agreed. I think Lightborn is one of the worst perks in the game. As soon as a team full of flashlights see you have it, you no longer have a team that wants to mess around and get flashlight saves. They will all do gens as quickly as possible to spite you. Even with four flashlights, its so rarely a problem to deal with. If you down a guy, just look around for two seconds and chase the saver off for a second, turn back around and pick up. If theres ANOTHER guy then frankly no one is doing gens so who cares at that point.

    Well whenever I'm running it, it doesn't matter if they know if i have it or not, they ALWAYS keep trying, it's hilarious

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/300965/lightborn-is-a-valid-perk

    A perk that removes a game mechanic such as flashlight saves shouldn't be a thing. No idea why they would buff lightborn after hard nerfing flashlights, 5 seconds to blind a lightborn user was already bad enough, now they're immune to it.

    It'd be better if lightborn is immune to blinds, but can still be flashlight saved with the regular timing.

    Huh, so survivors can remove game mechanics perks like off the record, bite the bullet, shadow step, lucky break and ect.

    Take silent killers for example all you need is spine chill to counter their play style.

    Killers have a right to counter your play style when you play survivor too

  • @jarjargist21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707524#Comment_2707524

    Huh, so survivors can remove game mechanics perks like off the record, bite the bullet, shadow step, lucky break and ect.

    Take silent killers for example all you need is spine chill to counter their play style.

    Killers have a right to counter your play style when you play survivor too

    There's a counter to spine chill. Look away from the gen as you're approaching it. You don't need to do a full moonwalk to avoid triggering it, rather have the gen at the edge of your screen so you won't bump into things.

    As for lightborn? Absolutely no way to get around it, other than focusing the hell out of gens for that killer.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2709222#Comment_2709222

    There's a counter to spine chill. Look away from the gen as you're approaching it. You don't need to do a full moonwalk to avoid triggering it, rather have the gen at the edge of your screen so you won't bump into things.

    As for lightborn? Absolutely no way to get around it, other than focusing the hell out of gens for that killer.

    What about the other I said there's no way to get around iron will. Let's remove all the no game mechanic perks then if that's the case. That also includes DS and BT. See you're being a hypocrite.

    You cry about perk that isn't that strong but only against flashlights, flashbangs, and mine blast. Grow the ######### up. It just a perk to help killers in game against entitled bully squads.

    You probably say this ohh killer with lightborn you ruin my fun.

    Killer will say what about my fun? I don't like being blinded multiple times.

    You, no one cares about your fun

    Killer: uhhh I do. I play how I want and with the perks I want.

  • @jarjargist21LOOK AT WHAT YOUVE DONE LMAO!!!

    Discussion surrounding one of the more useless perks in the game has popped up, shining a light on new discourse


  • Its quite an accomplishment Ill give you that.

  • Honestly I was just trying to tell people don't be ashamed to use any perks you want. Don't let massive content creators manipulating you in playing the game their way. I honestly support what Spooknjukes said and I've been talking to MrGimms about this.

  • What a cluster-#########.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/300965/lightborn-is-a-valid-perk

    A perk that removes a game mechanic such as flashlight saves shouldn't be a thing. No idea why they would buff lightborn after hard nerfing flashlights, 5 seconds to blind a lightborn user was already bad enough, now they're immune to it.

    It'd be better if lightborn is immune to blinds, but can still be flashlight saved with the regular timing.

    Wait... what?? Flashlight saves are a game mechanic, and thus should be immune to perk choices???

    Well, to that I say a killer hitting a survivor and downing them is more of a game mechanic (being as it's central and required for the killer to achieve their objective). Therefore, can we please remove borrowed time, and bt-in-a-bottle, etc.

    Also, since killers have to pick up survivors to hook them, let's eliminate DS too.

    Whilst we're at it, get rid of self-care, medkits, CoH, etc, because the killers have to injure survivors to next be able to down them.

    You get the point?

  • @PlaysByShady said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707524#Comment_2707524

    Wait... what?? Flashlight saves are a game mechanic, and thus should be immune to perk choices???

    Well, to that I say a killer hitting a survivor and downing them is more of a game mechanic (being as it's central and required for the killer to achieve their objective). Therefore, can we please remove borrowed time, and bt-in-a-bottle, etc.

    Also, since killers have to pick up survivors to hook them, let's eliminate DS too.

    Whilst we're at it, get rid of self-care, medkits, CoH, etc, because the killers have to injure survivors to next be able to down them.

    You get the point?

    your point is null since everything that you stated is counterable lol. borrowed time? either go for the unhooker or dont camp. you were camping and got body blocked by the unhooked person? tough luck, you should've been faster.

    styptic agent? wait 8 seconds. got DS'd? well maybe dont go for the unhooked guy or just slug.

    your complaint on self-care, medkits, CoH... those don't stop you from downing them if you commit.

    lightborn? well ######### nothing that the survivor can do other than hoping teammate is on a pallet.

  • It needs the Object of Obsession nerf. It is unfun to verse so it should be nerfed regardless of how much it is used. Completely immune to all items in the game, completely immune to everything? It shouldn't be 100% all of the time, it needs to be on a timer or have limited use.

  • If a 4 man let you get a 4k because of Lightborn then they should stop playing the game 😂

    Any actual good player, and especially a 4 man will just sit on gens if they see you have Lightborn and end the game as fast as possible.

    Unfortunately this is why people have to last minute swap to items.

  • @jarjargist21 said:

    I went up against a 4 men swf who picked the Deadman saloon. Who all had 4 flashlights. And try to do that locker trick in the main building. Luckily I used lightborn to play. If I didn't then I would've got annoyed and stop playing that game.

    Endgame they started cussing me out because I used lightborn and got the 4 k. Look I'm going to say if locker blinds didn't exist I wouldn't use lightborn. I play to have fun not to get bullied to a point where I don't enjoy the game.

    Killer mains you shouldn't feel ashamed to use lightborn, the players your facing aren't you. So don't listen to them. (Most of them don't play killer).

    If I see 2 flashlights, I am doing lightborn.

    I was playing Billy with Starstruck, Agitation, Iron Grip and Mad Grit and I went into a lobby and saw 2 flashlights. I switched Mad Grit to Lightborn. Went into the game and they were flashlight saving every single time I picked someone up and were also using Head-On when I went past lockers. They intended to be an SWF bully squad.

    I had won the game at 5 gens but actually just played with them after. I would pick someone up then chase after one of them until I insta-downed them, then I would spin around and nod my head. In the end, we just farmed the match. It was fun.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2709868#Comment_2709868

    your point is null since everything that you stated is counterable lol. borrowed time? either go for the unhooker or dont camp. you were camping and got body blocked by the unhooked person? tough luck, you should've been faster.

    styptic agent? wait 8 seconds. got DS'd? well maybe dont go for the unhooked guy or just slug.

    your complaint on self-care, medkits, CoH... those don't stop you from downing them if you commit.

    lightborn? well ######### nothing that the survivor can do other than hoping teammate is on a pallet.

    You do realize that the body blocking with BT isnt about the Killer being fast enough.....the survivor that gets unhooked runs right for the killer forcing the body block. Same with DS there has been times that the one that just unhooked with DS runs the body block path again. Those survivors use Anti Tunnel and Anti Camp perks as all purpose defense perks.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/300965/lightborn-is-a-valid-perk

    If I see 2 flashlights, I am doing lightborn.

    I was playing Billy with Starstruck, Agitation, Iron Grip and Mad Grit and I went into a lobby and saw 2 flashlights. I switched Mad Grit to Lightborn. Went into the game and they were flashlight saving every single time I picked someone up and were also using Head-On when I went past lockers. They intended to be an SWF bully squad.

    I had won the game at 5 gens but actually just played with them after. I would pick someone up then chase after one of them until I insta-downed them, then I would spin around and nod my head. In the end, we just farmed the match. It was fun.

    That's good to hear. I'm glad you had fun.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    What a cluster-#########.

    A cluster-######### at best.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2709868#Comment_2709868

    your point is null since everything that you stated is counterable lol. borrowed time? either go for the unhooker or dont camp. you were camping and got body blocked by the unhooked person? tough luck, you should've been faster.

    styptic agent? wait 8 seconds. got DS'd? well maybe dont go for the unhooked guy or just slug.

    your complaint on self-care, medkits, CoH... those don't stop you from downing them if you commit.

    lightborn? well ######### nothing that the survivor can do other than hoping teammate is on a pallet.

    Ohh.... my point is null because you said so. Oh I get it. You think things should be allowed if they're counterable.

    Then I give you the Tru3 video doing the rounds of getting flashlight blinded picking people out of lockers that's completely uncounterable without Lightborn! Flashlights cannot be countered when the killer is locked in animation, so using your own logic, they should not be allowed then... because there is no counter (except Lightborn, but who runs that anyway).

  • @PlaysByShady said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2709925#Comment_2709925

    Ohh.... my point is null because you said so. Oh I get it. You think things should be allowed if they're counterable.

    Then I give you the Tru3 video doing the rounds of getting flashlight blinded picking people out of lockers that's completely uncounterable without Lightborn! Flashlights cannot be countered when the killer is locked in animation, so using your own logic, they should not be allowed then... because there is no counter (except Lightborn, but who runs that anyway).

    Main purpose of flashlight is to blind the killer when they're locked in animation. You can't blind a killer outside of that, unless they're a moth or you and a friend double blinding at the same time, to which the killer can still react by looking up/down.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711583#Comment_2711583

    Main purpose of flashlight is to blind the killer when they're locked in animation. You can't blind a killer outside of that, unless they're a moth or you and a friend double blinding at the same time, to which the killer can still react by looking up/down.

    Oh no please don’t bring this back

  • You know what, if killers start seeing that lightborn isn't a meme perk, this makes my tactic all the more better. Have your team all equip flashlights and at the last second, switch to a different item like a toolbox to make sure they only run 3 perks for the entire match.

    Probably will get you facecamped but pretty funny :) (This is why Franklin's/Infectious fright is a better counter)

  • If we could do the far more important and pressing job of nerfing Pig this wouldn't be an issue.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711583#Comment_2711583

    Main purpose of flashlight is to blind the killer when they're locked in animation. You can't blind a killer outside of that, unless they're a moth or you and a friend double blinding at the same time, to which the killer can still react by looking up/down.

    My gosh, how very wrong you are.

    Firstly, the "main purpose" of a flashlight isn't to blind the killer "when they're locked in animation", that's just a common purpose. The main purpose is killer blinds in general, with secondary purpose being disabling Hag's traps, etc. You're literally making up stuff now when you're saying it's "main purpose".

    Secondly, it's perfectly possible to blind a killer outside of locked animations. I've witnessed it done multiple times on both ends. So you're wrong there too.

    And back to the point, the "main purpose" for a killer is to be able to kill the survivors... that's literally the name of their role, it's their singular purpose (and before you try to say it's to protect the gens, it's not because protecting the gens doesn't bring the game to a conclusion - only killing survivors, or survivors escaping does that).

    So, now we're talking about "main purpose", if the flashlight is capable of negating a killer to achieve their "main purpose" and has no counter, by YOUR logic, they should be out of the game. And if you can't understand that very simple point, or even your own logic, then the cognitive dissonance is very real and I feel sorry for you.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    It needs the Object of Obsession nerf. It is unfun to verse so it should be nerfed regardless of how much it is used. Completely immune to all items in the game, completely immune to everything? It shouldn't be 100% all of the time, it needs to be on a timer or have limited use.

    Lightborn only counters one item; the flashlights if the Survivors bring it. If you are bringing Flashlight into a Match, and soon realize you are facing a killer with Lightborn; you should accept the situation and change your strategy without flashlights. It is not that significant, if no body is running, picking up, or going to attempt for flashlights saves anyone; so why should you be mad about this perk shutting down your flashlights fun, for that match, when you can try again another match and hope the killer doesn't have it

  • Little late to the party but I run light born on every character because of people who try to do what they do on survivor. Behavior, please don't nerf lightborn. Leave it alone. It's the only thing that stop survivors from 4 man SWF abusing flashlights to intentionally try to irritate the killers most of the time.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2709925#Comment_2709925

    You do realize that the body blocking with BT isnt about the Killer being fast enough.....the survivor that gets unhooked runs right for the killer forcing the body block. Same with DS there has been times that the one that just unhooked with DS runs the body block path again. Those survivors use Anti Tunnel and Anti Camp perks as all purpose defense perks.

    Honestly that should be a reason to have them be negated. The point of the perks is to prevent camping and tunneling but they use it in ways that it encourages it instead

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2705838#Comment_2705838

    i promise that was not the sweet burn you thought it was. for the record, i don't even know if you disagreed with me. you have more fun when people just genrush you because they can't attempt blinds? i'd rather get blinded than not play the game at all, but to each their own. either way have a good night

    Denying their attempt to bully you aka denying their toxic fun is MILES entertaining even if they Gen rush. You waste their time, this is why they get toxic afterwards. I would apply lightborn and get Gen rushed any day rather play their game and being their puppet. You know I am right and it BUUUURNS you.

1 2 3 4 ›