Lightborn is a valid perk
I went up against a 4 men swf who picked the Deadman saloon. Who all had 4 flashlights. And try to do that locker trick in the main building. Luckily I used lightborn to play. If I didn't then I would've got annoyed and stop playing that game.
Endgame they started cussing me out because I used lightborn and got the 4 k. Look I'm going to say if locker blinds didn't exist I wouldn't use lightborn. I play to have fun not to get bullied to a point where I don't enjoy the game.
Killer mains you shouldn't feel ashamed to use lightborn, the players your facing aren't you. So don't listen to them. (Most of them don't play killer).
Comments
Doesn't stop the threats, racism and cussing now does it? Sometimes I stream and they come to my chat and do it.
are you putting your stream name in your username because that's generally not a good idea if it attracts people like that.
I literally stop streaming months ago because it gotten so bad.
Here's the thing using Lightborn dosnt mean a Killer dosnt have Skills or is new to the game just like the constant whining about NOED because thier precious Boons have made them not break totems allowing NOED to spawn. Yes alot of new Killers use both Perks to supplement thier lack of Skills but others who use them have the Skills and want that surprise factor.
It's like Clown with Pinky Finger and Confetti Bottle......oh Hahaha you hit me with Confetti Hahahah *gets downed in one hit* Lame Arse Clown you dont have skills because you used Pinky Finger addon.....
Or Spirit using Dried Cherry Blossom and Mother Daughter Ring.....again Survivors will whine and say the Killer has no Skills because they used that combo......just because a Killer uses a perk or addon or uses a Killer like Bubba dosnt mean they dont have the experience and skills to knock down hook and win.
Survivors who fo this are trying to mind game everyone into thinking it thier way so no one uses those things anymore....I say SCREW THEM and play how you want with what you want......as long as you dont become a Toxic Tunnler or Bubba Face Camper.......now if it's done to a Dwight or Ace......go right ahead because those two survivors dont deserve to be in the Entities game and need to die......SLOW AND PAINFULLY!
doesn't really answer my question. sorry to hear but how does any of this relate to lightborn as a perk? i can kinda get felling ######### about being shamed for using certain perks but if you're getting hate to this extent i feel like you're dealing with a lot of ######### people and your perks don't have much to do with it.
You're absolutely right
Some survivors simply talk to me and try to understand, which I talk to them calmly.
I already said it, locker blind is an exploit since a killer can't do anything about it... but the "oh, but they're going to run out of charges" comment is still out there.
thank you for the non sequitur
My favorite thing about Lightborn besides everything is when survivors still continue to attempt blinds with their useless flashlights.
This thread and forum is why devs don't hear killer mains opinions and suggestions.
Constantly crying about everything, not valid points, biased, ego, and hypocricy.
Keep it that way.
Devs hear survivors crying more. Nerf this killer, nerf this killer perk. Until they do.
I don't see any of that. All I see in those pages is killers demaning nerfs about everything.
Oh really what about deathslinger? Instead of adapting to the game like killers do. You cry and cry so devs nerf that killer to a point where's he literally garage
"Let us flashlight blind you or we'll genrush"
ok?
those bastards...
Just like with Spirit....so sad she's like a cat with a bell around her neck
How about this try to blind me, use that locker exploit. I'm sure lightborn will give me the hooks instead of none
Indeed lol
For reference, Tru3ta1ent had a game his week where a swf was doing exactly what the original poster described. Basically they jump into a locker midchase and a partner is on the second floor waiting for the locker grab. The instant Tru opens the locker the person drops down and gets a 100% guaranteed blind save. If Tru instead ignores the locker and goes upstairs they just loop around and jump in the locker again. All four of them are at the building so the game isn’t progressing while this happens.
https://youtu.be/8TJSvaDTrWAA flashy save from a locker grab is an "exploit" now? There is no truth to this whatsoever. Stop acting like a baby.
I personally believe that the game is in a decent spot right now. Both from a survivor and killer perspective. It's far from perfect, but if this is the kind of **** that people are crying about, then no wonder everybody thinks the game is broken. Adjust your expectations. This is pathetic.
Not everybody is insulting you. Not everybody is exploiting the game. Grow up.
Wow I honestly feel bad for Tru going through that. My game would've been like that if I didn't use light born
Yea I remember people complaing and telling me to grow up because of "OP Franklins Demise"
And Scott posted a video on Lightborn in response to this thread
https://youtu.be/C8eCJdmuTWMScott’s main point above is that Lightborn is detrimental to the killer because the moment the survivors realize they can’t blind you it forces them to just do gens which is a more time efficient playstyle than going for blinds in the first place. I definitely agree with him overall here, generally speaking if survivors are trying to blind you they’re playing sub-optimally so as a killer I’m typically happy when I see them do that.
There are a couple of minor technical points worth noting though that he skipped over
How is that even correlated at all Scott just said that it was antagonistic for you to immediately degrade him on the spot he never said anything about a disability
It’s not that the flashlight on a locker grab is an exploit, it’s a combination play involving a specific locker on Dead Dawg in conjunction with a full team on comms. If the entire team is at the saloon and ducking into that one locker then they can indefinitely stall the game. If the killer tries to grab from the locker the upper floor survivor drops down for a 100% guaranteed save. If the killer tries to chase a different survivor they just loop back to that same locker. Since no survivors are doing gens and the killer can’t hit or down them it can go on as long as the survivors want barring them screwing up the timing somehow.
Yeah I know he try to attack me but I honestly feel honored that I got him to make a video
Look I don't like him for obvious reasons.
I was literally laughing at him, just glad I made him waste his time making a video to attack me.
Surprised they didn't DC.
For what it’s worth I didn’t read anything he said as attacking you personally. He just was saying Lightborn is a bad perk in his opinion.
I stopped watching Tru because I got tired of him complaining all the time. But to his credit he’s a very solid player, his win rate is quite high with every killer.
He attacks anyone who disagrees with him. I honestly don't care what he thinks or what his opinion is. I don't really care about him
Fair enough, certainly not saying you need to like him or whatever. 🤷♂️ I’m just saying from my outside perspective I didn’t see where he personally attacked you, I think he just thought you were overestimating Lightborn’s value overall.
I was telling about a game I had where survivors was using the locker for safety blinds and cussed me out and gave threatened my life I used lightborn so couldn't bully. I was also telling people don't let other people tell you what perk you should play. There is no shame in perks you wanna play with.
I agree, no reason you can’t run Lightborn if you like it.
That video was more than a skill gap, though, from what I can tell it’s a situation where if all four survivors are doing the same thing on comms the killer can’t hook them unless they mess up. They won’t win the game doing it but they can stall the game as long as they like.
As far as how good or bad Tru actually is, I just know he’s a better killer than me and plays thousands of hours and alternates killer and survivor evenly with a high win rate. I don’t know exactly where his MMR is for instance but I’m sure it’s quite high.
Thanks for agreeing. I have my reasons why I don't like Scott. But it's fine if you like him.
Aight im gonna need some clarification as to what the ######### happened on this thread because 4 pages of comments later and I am still confused.
Content creator Scott Jund disagreed with the OP and they didn't like that. I'd honestly advise you not to bother getting involved. Unless you have more animal pictures, of course.
Oh you got that wrong. I just don't like Scott period.
How could they! I will never forgive them!
Only salty Survivor mains complain about Lightborn. 90% of the Survivor playerbase doesn't care about such a mediocre Killer Perk
Sure thing. I don’t know Scott either way and don’t really watch his videos, I just hear his takes sometimes and think about them since he’s a solid player and pretty analytical.
I've only been playing about two months but it still happens all. the. time. It's like they got to triple check to make sure they're doing it right.
That I do!
I agree he got looped elsewhere in the video at what looked like a gameable pallet. I think he was slighted tilted by that point.
You mentioned a counter to the guaranteed locker blind at that specific locker when the flashlighter is on the second floor. Sorry if I’m overlooking it but what is it exactly? Other than maybe just chase them and hope they mess up the loop It seems like if the survivors don’t screw up you can’t catch them if they all do that. The only thing I can think is maybe Legion can Deep Wound someone before they hop in a locker?
So you think you can beat swf of this caliber with legion?
True, but unnecessary.
No need to announce it though as thats just rude