Lightborn is a valid perk

I went up against a 4 men swf who picked the Deadman saloon. Who all had 4 flashlights. And try to do that locker trick in the main building. Luckily I used lightborn to play. If I didn't then I would've got annoyed and stop playing that game.

Endgame they started cussing me out because I used lightborn and got the 4 k. Look I'm going to say if locker blinds didn't exist I wouldn't use lightborn. I play to have fun not to get bullied to a point where I don't enjoy the game.

Killer mains you shouldn't feel ashamed to use lightborn, the players your facing aren't you. So don't listen to them. (Most of them don't play killer).

Comments

  • Can I get the TL;DR on why everyones upset to the point Jund is making a vid on the thread?

  • @Impartiality said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2706243#Comment_2706243

    If they played to actually win then no most of the time a 4 man escape. If they played like this I would have got at least a kill or 2

    Fair enough.

  • I agree with OP. If I see a flashlight squad in the lobby, I'll equip lightborn, and it more often than not gives me free hits + I dont need to worry at all about picking up survivors.

    People will not "genrush" just because they know you have lightborn. To genrush, they would need to use toolboxes + gen perks. More likely than not, their build isn't based on gens and more on saves/altruism, so that isnt a problem. Also no toolboxes, because they already have flashlights.

  • Rude? Huh sending people to attack me on the forums isn't rude? Just because i can't have my own opinion when me, myself is playing killer. Now do you see why I don't like him

  • @jarjargist21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2706339#Comment_2706339

    Rude? Huh sending people to attack me on the forums isn't rude? Just because i can't have my own opinion when me, myself is playing killer. Now do you see why I don't like him

    He should have at least blurred your name in the video. I know youtubers/streamers always say they don't tell their viewers to attack anyone, but what are they expecting when there's so many "yes ma'ams" in between them? It wouldn't be that difficult to blur your name, or even not show the thread at all, just state his opinion.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2706714#Comment_2706714

    He should have at least blurred your name in the video. I know youtubers/streamers always say they don't tell their viewers to attack anyone, but what are they expecting when there's so many "yes ma'ams" in between them? It wouldn't be that difficult to blur your name, or even not show the thread at all, just state his opinion.

    He always does this BS. If someone has a different opinion then his. He makes a video and then has his viewers attack that person.

  • @Marigoria said:

    I agree with OP. If I see a flashlight squad in the lobby, I'll equip lightborn, and it more often than not gives me free hits + I dont need to worry at all about picking up survivors.

    People will not "genrush" just because they know you have lightborn. To genrush, they would need to use toolboxes + gen perks. More likely than not, their build isn't based on gens and more on saves/altruism, so that isnt a problem. Also no toolboxes, because they already have flashlights.

    I had a match that fell apart very quickly because of the perk. In that match only one survivor was working on a gen. The first survivor I downed DC after I broke a pallet and walked up to him while he was trying to blind me. The other two flashlight users were just running around me trying to juke and loop me. I hooked one and slugged the other and eventually the last guy tried get a save but was caught.

  • Lightborn saves my actual eyeballs

  • Lightborne/Mad Grit/Agitation to assert dominance on flashlight savers.

  • This is example of why end game chat should just be removed. It's mostly used to be toxic or rag on people for their perk choices. Play whatever perks you want, turn of chat because you'll enjoy the game way more. As someone that runs both Flashbang and Blastmine I definitely prefer you running Lightborn over the more meta killer perks.

  • Lightborn would be good, if the beam of flashlight was still getting thinner with it on. Survivor who sees the beam not chaning will simply not try ever again and will just rush gens. Damn, even if it did get thinner the smarter ones would look for score events if they got blind or not.

    It does help and can bait out single rescues by looking in the open, but I prefer to have Bloodwarden if I was to pick 'backup perks'.

  • @bm33 said:

    This is example of why end game chat should just be removed. It's mostly used to be toxic or rag on people for their perk choices. Play whatever perks you want, turn of chat because you'll enjoy the game way more. As someone that runs both Flashbang and Blastmine I definitely prefer you running Lightborn over the more meta killer perks.

    I envy you PC players, with your endgame chat. Playing on Xbox, it's rare I get so say WP to somebody, or show somebody some appreciation if they made a risky late save for me. Whatever it might be. Even if there is a rare Xbox player in my game, sending them a message is not as simple as you guys on PC have it. Most people are not actively trying to be a ****. If somebody is, just don't talk to that person if you don't want. I don't think you should ignore everybody, because some people are **** heads.

  • @jarjargist21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2706717#Comment_2706717

    He always does this BS. If someone has a different opinion then his. He makes a video and then has his viewers attack that person.

    Come on man I know you dislike me and that's perfectly fine, but name a single time I have done that other than the very obvious one you have on your mind, and even then I explicitly told people to not do that. I don't think its fair to boil 10 years of thousands of YT videos to a single instance and then define my entire character based on that.

    As for you, I am not attacking you. At all. I don't even know how you are perceiving it like that. Your stance is that you shouldn't be shamed for having Lightborn because it denies the "survivor's fun." My stance is that Lightborn is a bad perk. They aren't even the same topic. I didn't even make the video about you, I made it about the comment the guy I responded to on the first page made. No one is attacking you dude.

  • I use it when there four flashlight on a lobby. It gives me a good reason to run this build: Lightborn, Agitation, Startstruct, Iron Grasp. Cigar Box and Garish Make-up kid. Does it work? It does, lmao, but not always. If there are two people bringing flashies? Then I use the usual manuver to deal with flashlight saves.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2706731#Comment_2706731

    Come on man I know you dislike me and that's perfectly fine, but name a single time I have done that other than the very obvious one you have on your mind, and even then I explicitly told people to not do that. I don't think its fair to boil 10 years of thousands of YT videos to a single instance and then define my entire character based on that.

    As for you, I am not attacking you. At all. I don't even know how you are perceiving it like that. Your stance is that you shouldn't be shamed for having Lightborn because it denies the "survivor's fun." My stance is that Lightborn is a bad perk. They aren't even the same topic. I didn't even make the video about you, I made it about the comment the guy I responded to on the first page made. No one is attacking you dude.

    Huh, if you didn't want people to attack why didn't you blur out my name or just not show the thread at all.

  • @OverratedFool said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2706985#Comment_2706985

    I envy you PC players, with your endgame chat. Playing on Xbox, it's rare I get so say WP to somebody, or show somebody some appreciation if they made a risky late save for me. Whatever it might be. Even if there is a rare Xbox player in my game, sending them a message is not as simple as you guys on PC have it. Most people are not actively trying to be a ****. If somebody is, just don't talk to that person if you don't want. I don't think you should ignore everybody, because some people are **** heads.

    I'm on ps4, I made my profile completely private because I had messages turned off but people would use loophole to send angry messages by sending it through a friend request. I got 1 nice message but rest were people just upset they lost. I'm glad console doesn't have end game chat so those people have to sit and stew in their anger instead of taking it out on strangers.

  • @jarjargist21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707046#Comment_2707046

    Huh, if you didn't want people to attack why didn't you blur out my name or just not show the thread at all.

    Who is attacking you? You didn't do anything.

  • Oh a lot of people I ensure.

  • Did I miss some new survivor push to shun people from using lightborn?

  • Can you show me? I'd be happy to ban them from my channels.

  • You're letting your dislike of the guy take ahold of this. Try to avoid that, you're currently making a fool of yourself.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707079#Comment_2707079

    Can you show me? I'd be happy to ban them from my channels.

    I'm honestly laughing at them. I don't take them seriously.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707079#Comment_2707079

    You're letting your dislike of the guy take ahold of this. Try to avoid that, you're currently making a fool of yourself.

    You're honestly right

  • https://youtu.be/dn5besB9k-o

    Damn bro this post is picking up all the traction lmao.

  • @SomberNokk said:

    https://youtu.be/dn5besB9k-o

    Damn bro this post is picking up all the traction lmao.

    I know right, I'm honestly laughing at all of this

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/300965/lightborn-is-a-valid-perk

    I swear to god that I'm not crazy but something seems very funny. This thread is from 20st of December... yesterday and this video is from 12 hours ago.

    https://youtu.be/C8eCJdmuTWM

    ๐Ÿคฃ

    //Edit: Lol, I'm late to the party after reading the comments

    Scott made the video after reading my post.

  • Yeah this has been pretty entertaining to follow lmao.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707143#Comment_2707143

    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    What is Lightborn now the main subject of the day XD? man you started all this hahaha

    I know haha

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707079#Comment_2707079

    Can you show me? I'd be happy to ban them from my channels.

    Can you make a vid on one of my threads? Mine I think are pretty cool ๐Ÿ˜€

  • You made a thread talking about how people should play with whatever perks they want and not feel bad about it.

    Finally someone said something! After 5 years, no one had the guts to come out and say it. You, and you alone have spoke out, while the rest of us killer mains hid in the shadows, too afraid to speak out against the survivor overlords.


    Lead us to the promised land, o killer messiah; a land where killers can kill I'm peace without the threat of random people in a video game judging us and possibly hurting our feelings.


    Your bravery and valor will be remembered.

  • @PerfectlyPink said:

    You made a thread talking about how people should play with whatever perks they want and not feel bad about it.

    Finally someone said something! After 5 years, no one had the guts to come out and say it. You, and you alone have spoke out, while the rest of us killer mains hid in the shadows, too afraid to speak out against the survivor overlords.

    Lead us to the promised land, o killer messiah; a land where killers can kill I'm peace without the threat of random people in a video game judging us and possibly hurting our feelings.

    Your bravery and valor will be remembered.

    It's a time for a change. You know it and I know it. Don't let people control how you play a video game. Survivors don't have say on how you play killer. Because your the killer not them.

    You have a right to play with any perk you want. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, that's just a game.

  • @jarjargist21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707198#Comment_2707198

    It's a time for a change. You know it and I know it. Don't let people control how you play a video game. Survivors don't have say on how you play killer. Because your the killer not them.

    You have a right to play with any perk you want. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, that's just a game.

    You got the sarcasm right?

  • Yeah, I was giving some back but some parts were honest

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707216#Comment_2707216

    To be honest, you wouldn't even have to say that, because it's normal. Although I still understand your message and intention considering that I know this community very well considering that I am from 2016.

    Yes ... your message sends an indirect message ... a hidden one that I've been trying to ignore for a long time, trying to create the game I like.

    It happens every day, every day there are quarrels about the perks (or killers) that the players use, they start insulting each other ... it's a disaster sometimes. I'm sorry, but it's in almost every community anyway. I suggest you stay away and just enjoy the game.

    That's exactly what I do, I mean, I try and yes ... it's much nicer.

    Look my message is this you shouldn't feel ashamed to use a perk. It goes for every player, not just killers but survivors as well. My advice is to enjoy the game and don't let people manipulate you to think their way is better.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707239#Comment_2707239

    I agree, I completely agree. Everyone should play how they feel and like.

    True I may started something but I have no shame about it

  • @Impartiality @dugman that video was so painful to watch. I don't think I've ever seen a killer get bullied so hard. He had the Nea in a locker while in deep wound. All he had to do was stand at the locker and wait till she entered dying state because of deep wound timer. It was pretty clear no gens were going to be done in that time. He should have been using frenzy more often to negate the locker viability. Other killers have their own abilities to counter this, so I don't know how busted it is as a bullying tool. All I know is that Wraith would be at the mercy of this SWF.

    I don't think he was intentionally playing at a lower-level; he just prioritizes chat over winning in situations that call for more focus. Some people want to be known for their talent and others want to be known for their personality. When push comes to shove, Tru3 picks his personality every time.

  • if you think for one second lightborn should be nerfed or changed in any way other than buffing it(ive always said lightborn and shadowborn should be 1 perk) than you are really really entitled and feel like killers should have no counterplay to the multitude of blinds available.

  • I find when I equip lightborn people just... keep ... trying to blind... like 5 hooks and 2 gens in people still be trying to blind me...

  • @jarjargist21 said:

    I went up against a 4 men swf who picked the Deadman saloon. Who all had 4 flashlights. And try to do that locker trick in the main building. Luckily I used lightborn to play. If I didn't then I would've got annoyed and stop playing that game.

    Endgame they started cussing me out because I used lightborn and got the 4 k. Look I'm going to say if locker blinds didn't exist I wouldn't use lightborn. I play to have fun not to get bullied to a point where I don't enjoy the game.

    Killer mains you shouldn't feel ashamed to use lightborn, the players your facing aren't you. So don't listen to them. (Most of them don't play killer).

    A perk that removes a game mechanic such as flashlight saves shouldn't be a thing. No idea why they would buff lightborn after hard nerfing flashlights, 5 seconds to blind a lightborn user was already bad enough, now they're immune to it.

    It'd be better if lightborn is immune to blinds, but can still be flashlight saved with the regular timing.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    Thinking about it, if I get Lightborn in my mix I often hide the fact I have it, so of someone tries to blind I'll look away, leaving them thinking I don't have it, but in return I am protected and get the aura ability, which can be overlooked as a good effect.

    If I were to just deathstare the flashlight, then survivors would leave it, but by leaving them to think I don't have it gets a lot more value out of it.

    its obvious if someone is a lightborn user, you can't hide it.

  • I don't get the hate with the lightborn. Its a decent perk when it comes to lobby of 4 SWF with 3-4 flashies. I'd say it beats franklins even at that point.

    I've gotten flashlighted even when looking into the damn wall so yeah you can't always just *look away* Flashlights are little broken that way.

    Why should killers care about survivors having fun with their clicky clickies. Lightborn is mostly used as a screw you counter perk anyways.

    Also there might be players that can't actually handle the constant flickering of the lights and blinding so lightborn for those players is an excellent perk.

    I've used it maybe 2 times all together but i had survivors dcing because oh booohoo i couldnt have my fun with my beloved clicker. Just goes to show how entitled some survivor mains in this game can be.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/300965/lightborn-is-a-valid-perk

    A perk that removes a game mechanic such as flashlight saves shouldn't be a thing. No idea why they would buff lightborn after hard nerfing flashlights, 5 seconds to blind a lightborn user was already bad enough, now they're immune to it.

    It'd be better if lightborn is immune to blinds, but can still be flashlight saved with the regular timing.

    Do you even play killer against a 4 men swf who bullies the killer just because they're playing killer. Lightborn is fair in my opinion. I don't care if you disagree or agree with me. You won't change my opinion.

  • @Ravenlord4711 said:

    if you think for one second lightborn should be nerfed or changed in any way other than buffing it(ive always said lightborn and shadowborn should be 1 perk) than you are really really entitled and feel like killers should have no counterplay to the multitude of blinds available.

    I didn't say anything about it being buffed or nerfed

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2705888#Comment_2705888

    its obvious if someone is a lightborn user, you can't hide it.

    If it is, why do people keep trying to blind me?

    I only bring it if I get a 4-flashlight lobby, and in that case, it's a QoL perk - the lobby signals to me that the survivors are likely a SWF and they're going to harass me over every down, and I just ain't got time for that. You know the survivors are going to crawl away from walls so their friends can get the angle, or locker tech. I can't think of a single time that people actually recognized I had Lightborn after the first failed blind. It takes like 3 for people to stop trying, and that's if I don't hide that I have it; If I try to look away or chase flashlight holders away from the down, they'll keep beaming at me for most of the match.

  • Only one type of person whines about Killers using Lightborn.

    ######### whine about the Killer using Lightborn, they want their free 'blind the Killer for 80% of the game' simulator.

    If you're idea of having fun in DBD is just 4 manning so you can locker blind the Killer and actively spend the match making sure they are miserable, then I am simply overjoyed a single perk ruins your bully simulator. Get a life.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707528#Comment_2707528

    If it is, why do people keep trying to blind me?

    I only bring it if I get a 4-flashlight lobby, and in that case, it's a QoL perk - the lobby signals to me that the survivors are likely a SWF and they're going to harass me over every down, and I just ain't got time for that. You know the survivors are going to crawl away from walls so their friends can get the angle, or locker tech. I can't think of a single time that people actually recognized I had Lightborn after the first failed blind. It takes like 3 for people to stop trying, and that's if I don't hide that I have it; If I try to look away or chase flashlight holders away from the down, they'll keep beaming at me for most of the match.

    low mmr matches heh

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    Only one type of person whines about Killers using Lightborn.

    ######### whine about the Killer using Lightborn, they want their free 'blind the Killer for 80% of the game' simulator.

    If you're idea of having fun in DBD is just 4 manning so you can locker blind the Killer and actively spend the match making sure they are miserable, then I am simply overjoyed a single perk ruins your bully simulator. Get a life.

    You believe that survivors playing like this are actively spending the match making sure the killer is miserable?


    I would find that kind of a match fantastic as killer. Same goes for any other weird plays a swf might try. You might want every game to be the same but you don't speak for everyone.