To console players

Turn off crossplay or avoid playing dbd in general.

Having your console bricked in hopes of finding a match quicker is NOT worth it. I know some hackers are trying to do this to protest against the NFT situation but this is the wrong way. I'm against it too. But destroying another player's private property who had nothing to do with this isn't smart.

So I repeat, to console players of any variety, please turn off Crossplay to save your console from getting bricked.

Edit: This is just a warning, if you wish to not believe this than you're certainly free to do so. But, I mainly said this to protect people who own the PS5, the reason why is because it's extremely hard to get another one of these. So far there has been no reports of Xbox or PCs. I'm still searching around to see if this is legitimate, but I wanted to make this post anyway to be safe for everyone on consoles.

Comments

  • I do not own a console, and I'm not an English native speaker, so... Sorry for the stupid questions, but what does "bricked" mean? Like, console players can't use their console anymore at all?

  • @TheMadCat said:

    I do not own a console, and I'm not an English native speaker, so... Sorry for the stupid questions, but what does "bricked" mean? Like, console players can't use their console anymore at all?

    Yup, exactly

    And don't apologize, it was not a stupid question

  • @TheMadCat said:

    I do not own a console, and I'm not an English native speaker, so... Sorry for the stupid questions, but what does "bricked" mean? Like, console players can't use their console anymore at all?

    Pretty much this it makes their console into a paperweight

  • I'm on PS5, and if I turn off crossplay, I don't find a match.

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585024#Comment_2585024

    Yup, exactly

    And don't apologize, it was not a stupid question

    @Jeromy137 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585024#Comment_2585024

    Pretty much this it makes their console into a paperweight

    Thanks for the answers, guys. That's terrible...

  • @dnj510 said:

    I'm on PS5, and if I turn off crossplay, I don't find a match.

    Ps5 can match with PS4 players with cross play off but matchmaking will take a long time

  • @dnj510 said:

    I'm on PS5, and if I turn off crossplay, I don't find a match.

    Yeah pretty much this I'm on PS5 and only get games if a PS4 friend is the host of the lobby

  • Hackers willing to "harm" bystanders typically aren't your kind of activist person, they're more for the self-interest part of it.

    They're the "activists" in protests that typically turn things into riots/looting.

  • @dnj510 said:

    I'm on PS5, and if I turn off crossplay, I don't find a match.

    I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but I think it's better than losing your ps5 completely, especially how difficult it is to even get one now. Please be safe

  • @AnObserver said:

    Hackers willing to "harm" bystanders typically aren't your kind of activist person, they're more for the self-interest part of it.

    They're the "activists" in protests that typically turn things into riots/looting.

    Yup, exactly. But there have been hackers who explicitly state that they're doing it against NFTs

    Personally I believe they always cheated in the past and they're just trying to use it for a "just" reason as an excuse to fish out people to support them.

  • Whatever's happening right now seems pretty scary, no clue who got the idea of destroying peoples' expensive property because of this NFT garbage.

  • @Salty_Huntress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585030#Comment_2585030

    Ps5 can match with PS4 players with cross play off but matchmaking will take a long time

    I have been playing on PS5 and when I host with crossplay off with friends we don't get any lobbies but when a PS4 friend hosts with crossplay off we get a lobby instantly

  • @glitchboi said:

    Whatever's happening right now seems pretty scary, no clue who got the idea of destroying peoples' expensive property because of this NFT garbage.

    Just some hacker that most likely did it in the past and wanted an excuse to be more horrific with it with an attempt to receive a backing

  • This makes me afraid to even play the game on my Xbox now.

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585039#Comment_2585039

    Yup, exactly. But there have been hackers who explicitly state that they're doing it against NFTs

    Personally I believe they always cheated in the past and they're just trying to use it for a "just" reason as an excuse to fish out people to support them.

    Yeah, they're just using the NFT's as a convenient shield so they can troll in broad daylight and show off about it.

    DDoS a server, don't brick the end-user if they're not your target.

    Activism that targets bystanders isn't activism, it's terrorism.

  • @Jeromy137 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585036#Comment_2585036

    I have been playing on PS5 and when I host with crossplay off with friends we don't get any lobbies but when a PS4 friend hosts with crossplay off we get a lobby instantly

    I’m a ps5 player and I’m able to get into PS4 players as killer and survivor

  • I'm honestly afraid what happens to PC Players given this is what they can do to consoles.

    I remember reading about Pulsar losing routers just to play the game.

  • @AnObserver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585046#Comment_2585046

    Yeah, they're just using the NFT's as a convenient shield so they can troll in broad daylight and show off about it.

    DDoS a server, don't brick the end-user if they're not your target.

    DDOS is even extreme because you can still hurt a bystander. Hacking in general shouldn't be used to fight because most of the time innocent people get harmed for just playing. They didn't pick a side, but they're getting hurt anyway because of reasons.

    I hate NFTs too, but I refuse to harm anyone else to stop a partnership

  • I am playing on console, and I am worry about what you are talking. Could you please tell me how the game turns my console to a brick?

    Is there something like hackers / devs take the control of my device, or it will be explored because of over-processing?

  • @DelsKibara said:

    I'm honestly afraid what happens to PC Players given this is what they can do to consoles.

    I remember reading about Pulsar losing routers just to play the game.

    Pulsar lost routers to this game? Bhvr needs to drop chapters and focus on security

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585065#Comment_2585065

    Pulsar lost routers to this game? Bhvr needs to drop chapters and focus on security

    I remember reading him saying about it.

    @Pulsar can you confirm it?

  • @Salty_Huntress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585053#Comment_2585053

    I’m a ps5 player and I’m able to get into PS4 players as killer and survivor

    Not saying you can't I'm just saying that Ps5 crossplay off takes a lot longer because ps5 player base is small where as the PS4 player base is larger and that the spaghetti code thinks we are sometimes not crossplayable when playing with friends

  • @Salty_Huntress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585030#Comment_2585030

    Ps5 can match with PS4 players with cross play off but matchmaking will take a long time

    I tried that once and sat waiting for a match for 30 mins.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585074#Comment_2585074

    I remember reading him saying about it.

    @Pulsar can you confirm it?

    Yeah, I've lost two.

    That's DDoS'ing though. It isn't on BHVR.

    Also the group that did it is being sued by the government because they tried to do it to some dude who lives on a military bass (I think). That's what I heard through the grapevine at least.

  • @Aurelle said:

    This makes me afraid to even play the game on my Xbox now.

    Take a break for now and play Friday the 13th if you have it

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585061#Comment_2585061

    DDOS is even extreme because you can still hurt a bystander. Hacking in general shouldn't be used to fight because most of the time innocent people get harmed for just playing. They didn't pick a side, but they're getting hurt anyway because of reasons.

    I hate NFTs too, but I refuse to harm anyone else to stop a partnership

    I concur, however DDoS/DoS targeted at a router vs. the server sending a signal to a router is different.

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585039#Comment_2585039

    Yup, exactly. But there have been hackers who explicitly state that they're doing it against NFTs

    Personally I believe they always cheated in the past and they're just trying to use it for a "just" reason as an excuse to fish out people to support them.

    Do you have any concrete evidence from anywhere that this PS4/PS5s are being "bricked" by hackers via the game DBD?

    I mean CONCRETE evidence, not anedctocal or speculative.

  • @gelukrait said:

    I am playing on console, and I am worry about what you are talking. Could you please tell me how the game turns my console to a brick?

    Is there something like hackers / devs take the control of my device, or it will be explored because of over-processing?

    I am also interested in this as I keep hearing a lot of "Well I know a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy who said that he played DBD and then his PS5 stopped working".

    I don't know what a hacker could possibly do that would cause your console to brick and the only sources talking about this are people who knows a guy who knows a guy who...

  • How on earth can you trash someone's console?? I'm a million miles away from being a hacker lol. Some evidence to suggest that its possible would be handy also.

  • BHVR should've added a console-only crossplay option by now. We've been asking for it since crossplay was first announced, and the prevalence of hackers has only made it more necessary, but they've completely ignored both issues.

  • Is it any surprise that eco-terrorist destroy other people's property in the name of saving the planet from the evil horrible sun? Please, energy consumption doesn't even necessarily mean air pollution. WE HAVE SOLAR PANELS. Get a life or a better cause you bunch of losers.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    BHVR should've added a console-only crossplay option by now. We've been asking for it since crossplay was first announced, and the prevalence of hackers has only made it more necessary, but they've completely ignored both issues.

    This! They should've had it like that from the beginning, PC players have way too many advantages given the state of the game on console.

  • @TheDuhJ said:

    Is it any surprise that eco-terrorist destroy other people's property in the name of saving the planet from the evil horrible sun? Please, energy consumption doesn't even necessarily mean air pollution. WE HAVE SOLAR PANELS. Get a life or a better cause you bunch of losers.

    I'm against NFTs, but at least with those scammers they're not actively going out of their way and targetting innocent people and frying their systems.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585132#Comment_2585132

    I'm against NFTs, but at least with those scammers they're not actively going out of their way and targetting innocent people and frying their systems.

    For the record I'm talking about the eco-terrorists not people with an meh opinion and don't destroy other peoples stuff.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    BHVR should've added a console-only crossplay option by now. We've been asking for it since crossplay was first announced, and the prevalence of hackers has only made it more necessary, but they've completely ignored both issues.

    Yeah... Thinking about it, my definition of brick and others might not be the same...

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585071#Comment_2585071

    I am also interested in this as I keep hearing a lot of "Well I know a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy who said that he played DBD and then his PS5 stopped working".

    I don't know what a hacker could possibly do that would cause your console to brick and the only sources talking about this are people who knows a guy who knows a guy who...

    I'll nutshell it. I'm no means a hacker or anything either.

    But, you can overload a system with information that causes it shut down permanently. This is the BARE BONES minimum explanation, but some programs exchange information constantly to allow it to run effectively. People can take this and overdrive it to the extreme.

    Now, someone who actually studies computers probably got an aneurysm from my explanation and I apologize, but this is stuff I vaguely remember from high-school

  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585123#Comment_2585123

    I'll nutshell it. I'm no means a hacker or anything either.

    But, you can overload a system with information that causes it shut down permanently. This is the BARE BONES minimum explanation, but some programs exchange information constantly to allow it to run effectively. People can take this and overdrive it to the extreme.

    Now, someone who actually studies computers probably got an aneurysm from my explanation and I apologize, but this is stuff I vaguely remember from high-school

    It's not impossible in the sense that it can't be done but it seems highly unlikely to me. I could see that kind of thing crashing your game as the game gets overloaded but to do something like that to fry the CPU on the console would take at least a little bit of time as everything overheats.

    Right now we have one thread that was completely and utterly derailed by moronic console v PC fanboys and...that's all the proof we have that this is happening.

    If console players want to be overly cautious about this and kill crossplay for the time being, I can't really fault or criticize them for that decision. This just seems like a ton of fear mongering with no actual proof or information aside from the one person claiming their PS4 was toasted by a hacker on PC.

  • @MyelinXCVIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585128#Comment_2585128

    This! They should've had it like that from the beginning, PC players have way too many advantages given the state of the game on console.

    the main advantage I think PC players have is being able to stretch their screen, adjust brightness, and that flick thing where they can direct their camera towards you in milliseconds

  • @Mekochi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585135#Comment_2585135

    the main advantage I think PC players have is being able to stretch their screen, adjust brightness, and that flick thing where they can direct their camera towards you in milliseconds

    Nah, the main advantage they have is that the game doesn't turn into a slideshow everytime something happens.

  • I tried to do a quick search and couldn't find anything on the matter.

    The closest thing I found anywhere was this post:

    @Mineguy said:

    We all know this game has a massive hacker problem and that Bhvr isn't doing anything. But did you know that consoles can complete break? I didn't know that but now here I am with one.

    Played a normal game as survivor when suddenly the whole map was completely glitched and textures where on different spots then the hit boxes and barieres. The killer hidding it not a bit and uses as a twin tricksters knifes that one ######### people and other stupid stuff. I didn't want to dc because you know... Bhvr bans people for it :) So I just stayed there and did nothing. Suddenly it began to extremely lag before my game froze completely. Well I thought it was my game but my whole console didn't react anymore. I waited a bit and suddenly it just went off completely, not turning on again... Thanks bhvt, now I have to repair it C:

    however, unluckily even in this post there's a lack of evidence / troubleshooting, so even giving the benefit of the doubt one can't really know what happened and if the console is in fact bricked (assuming it doesn't even turn on, it's probably not even bricked, but broken, which would be even worse...).

    Since OP is allegedly reporting statements from hackers, can we have some more info?

  • @Nobsyde said:

    I tried to do a quick search and couldn't find anything on the matter.

    The closest thing I found anywhere was this post:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/289382/hacker-destroys-my-ps5-thanks-bhvr

    however, unluckily even in this post there's a lack of evidence / troubleshooting, so even giving the benefit of the doubt one can't really know what happened and if the console is in fact bricked (assuming it doesn't even turn on, it's probably not even bricked, but broken, which would be even worse...).

    Since OP is allegedly reporting statements from hackers, can we have some more info?

    Another guy just posted that his and his friends consoles were bricked if you didn't see it.

  • @Bran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585239#Comment_2585239

    Another guy just posted that his and his friends consoles were bricked if you didn't see it.

    yeah I didn't see it, could you please post a link here? Thank you

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585246#Comment_2585246

    yeah I didn't see it, could you please post a link here? Thank you

    I'm not so link savvy but it would probably be on the first page.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/289533/what-are-your-arguments-for-dead-hard#latest

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585189#Comment_2585189

    It's not impossible in the sense that it can't be done but it seems highly unlikely to me. I could see that kind of thing crashing your game as the game gets overloaded but to do something like that to fry the CPU on the console would take at least a little bit of time as everything overheats.

    Right now we have one thread that was completely and utterly derailed by moronic console v PC fanboys and...that's all the proof we have that this is happening.

    If console players want to be overly cautious about this and kill crossplay for the time being, I can't really fault or criticize them for that decision. This just seems like a ton of fear mongering with no actual proof or information aside from the one person claiming their PS4 was toasted by a hacker on PC.

    I'm willing to sacrifice my console. I'll test it with cross play on and if it happens to me. I'll be sure to message you

  • @MyelinXCVIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585231#Comment_2585231

    Nah, the main advantage they have is that the game doesn't turn into a slideshow everytime something happens.

    Right, how could I forget, my apologies I forgot the most important detail

  • @Mekochi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585135#Comment_2585135

    the main advantage I think PC players have is being able to stretch their screen, adjust brightness, and that flick thing where they can direct their camera towards you in milliseconds

    Higher fps. Playing on both the PS4 and Switch, the advantage the PS4 has with a slightly smoother framerate is huge. I can't imagine the advantage a decent PC with a good framerate has.

  • Lmao are hackers really trying to justify that by saying it's a protest? If so that might be the weakest excuse I've ever heard in my life.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2585231#Comment_2585231

    Higher fps. Playing on both the PS4 and Switch, the advantage the PS4 has with a slightly smoother framerate is huge. I can't imagine the advantage a decent PC with a good framerate has.

    especially if they have a monster PC that can run dbd to the best of the game's abilities, of course there's the occasional lag even with a monster PC, but that's just ######### updates

  • @Rancid_Discharge said:

    Lmao are hackers really trying to justify that by saying it's a protest? If so that might be the weakest excuse I've ever heard in my life.

    Yeah, some of them are.

  • @dnj510 said:

    I'm on PS5, and if I turn off crossplay, I don't find a match.

    PS5 players unite! All 10,000 of us!

‹ 1 2