Why are you nerfing wraith?

That's it. Why are you nerfing his basekit. Why can't you just nerf his addons that were problematic and not touch his basekit? Such ridiculous balancing.

Comments

  • It's ######### like this that's caused alot of people to stop playing, I've had a long run in this game I'm getting pretty close to hanging it up myself and not because of balance but because of all the unfulfilled promises they've made, it's turned into a grab as much cash as you can situation while they ignore the veteran players who got them to where they are. We've been telling the devs for years about secondary objectives, game modes, practice matches etc... And their response is. "we heard you and we're nerfing the Wraith" who was already a C tier killer to begin with I mean he's literally the dollar tree version of spirit, the devs couldn't be more out of touch with their community

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547939#Comment_2547939

    I got killer by 2 wraiths last night and I am sitting here defending him. I understand my team (including myself) did not play well (he also tunneled me) but that's not a wraith issue it's a player issue. I just can't wrap my head around it and this is coming from someone who uses the entire roster....There should be ######### other than wraith to talk about all I'm saying.

    He’s just the flavor of the month. Once his nerf comes through and players stop playing him, bad survivors who refuse to acknowledge that the problem is them, will move on to the next killer to whine about. I suspect it’ll be Trapper since more will play him with his minor buffs.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547946#Comment_2547946

    He’s just the flavor of the month. Once his nerf comes through and players stop playing him, bad survivors who refuse to acknowledge that the problem is them, will move on to the next killer to whine about. I suspect it’ll be Trapper since more will play him with his minor buffs.

    Possible....I fully expect Plague tbh.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    He's getting the changes he needed. Wraith is just way too unfun to go against right now.

    Finally.

    @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547689#Comment_2547689

    I never understand this. The character isn't fun so he should get nerfed. Shouldn't he be made to be fun to against rather then just making him weaker? That logic is the same for freddy and that clearly turned out well.

    It did... Freddy is a decent killer still. Still I would take old Freddy over new Wraith any day of the week.

  • @Labrac said:

    Basekit Wraith is now weaker in chase than the old one due to the uncloaking speed nerf. Good job BHVR.

    Αs he should. The uncloak speed boost was insane.

    Nerf needed 100%.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    It's ######### like this that's caused alot of people to stop playing, I've had a long run in this game I'm getting pretty close to hanging it up myself and not because of balance but because of all the unfulfilled promises they've made, it's turned into a grab as much cash as you can situation while they ignore the veteran players who got them to where they are. We've been telling the devs for years about secondary objectives, game modes, practice matches etc... And their response is. "we heard you and we're nerfing the Wraith" who was already a C tier killer to begin with I mean he's literally the dollar tree version of spirit, the devs couldn't be more out of touch with their community

    "Dollar tree version of spirit"

    Wow. Nice. That is the most accurate description ever. He's extremely cheap and anyone no matter how bad can play him. Spirit takes skill.

    They buffed Nurse for a reason guys. You people are not getting it you can't have something be both easy and strong that is what we call overpowered.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547783#Comment_2547783

    Αs he should. The uncloak speed boost was insane.

    Nerf needed 100%.

    It wasn't "insane". It only works on short and medium sized loops. Whatever.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547689#Comment_2547689

    Really? There a lot I want to say right now but I'm a little amped up so I will just leave you with.....REALLY?

    Absolutely! Even the devs know he needed some changes. Yes, really :)

  • And for the same reasons Billy and Nurse had their basekit gutted.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    What do you mean why they nerfing him? Forum was full of nerf spirit/wraith posts for several months

    And... They are finally getting some well deserved nerfs soon! In the next update 🙂

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547775#Comment_2547775

    And... They are finally getting some well deserved nerfs soon! In the next update 🙂

    You know just saying stuff like this adds nothing to the conversation right?

    The game should be fun for both sides, this isn't a war you're fighting. There's no point in spiting the other members of the forum.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548075#Comment_2548075

    You know just saying stuff like this adds nothing to the conversation right?

    The game should be fun for both sides, this isn't a war you're fighting. There's no point in spiting the other members of the forum.

    The person I responded to seemed like they didn't know about the nerfs, so I replied. No one is spitting on anyone or acting like it's a war, lol. I'm happy about the changes and I'm not gonna pretend I'm not.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548079#Comment_2548079

    The person I responded to seemed like they didn't know about the nerfs, so I replied. No one is spitting on anyone or acting like it's a war, lol. I'm happy about the changes and I'm not gonna pretend I'm not.

    The way you're speaking is pretty much intentionally antagonizing others, but you do you I guess

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548090#Comment_2548090

    The way you're speaking is pretty much intentionally antagonizing others, but you do you I guess

    If people get upset because I say a killer needed some nerfs, then so be it. I think it's silly, but whatever.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548092#Comment_2548092

    If people get upset because I say a killer needed some nerfs, then so be it. I think it's silly, but whatever.

    No no.

    It sounded more like you are happy these people are upset.

  • Barely scrapes by against good survivors, can't have that.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548126#Comment_2548126

    No no.

    It sounded more like you are happy these people are upset.

    I'm not happy people are upset. I'm happy about the nerfs because I despise going against them right now.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548135#Comment_2548135

    I'm not happy people are upset. I'm happy about the nerfs because I despise going against them right now.

    I hate going against Trapper and Hag. Don't mean they need nerfed.

    You sound ridiculous....Just my opinion no one needs to like it.

  • This is what you get when you balance around casuals and many people + streamers supported that approach so you get what you wish for I guess

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548149#Comment_2548149

    I hate going against Trapper and Hag. Don't mean they need nerfed.

    You sound ridiculous....Just my opinion no one needs to like it.

    Even the devs know he needed changes. I'm not being ridiculous. It's fine if you disagree with me.

  • @baseballfan4877 said:

    That's it. Why are you nerfing his basekit. Why can't you just nerf his addons that were problematic and not touch his basekit? Such ridiculous balancing.

    My guess is Wraith was over-performing in SBMMR.

  • Wraith gets absolutely bodied in high MMR though. That's why you only see Nurse, Spirits, and Blights in high MMR, they're the only three killers that can compete in there.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548173#Comment_2548173

    Wraith gets absolutely bodied in high MMR though. That's why you only see Nurse, Spirits, and Blights in high MMR, they're the only three killers that can compete in there.

    Well, when I say that. I bet the Developers are looking at how much skill is required to use a Killer compared to how "powerful" the killer is. Since Wraith is an extremely easy Killer to use, then maybe they decided he shouldn't be as "strong" as other high skill killers.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548173#Comment_2548173

    Wraith gets absolutely bodied in high MMR though. That's why you only see Nurse, Spirits, and Blights in high MMR, they're the only three killers that can compete in there.

    Honestly, it’s probably nurse alone. Spirit is about to go the way of the dodo, and even though Blight is good, he has limitations that Nurse does not.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548173#Comment_2548173

    Wraith gets absolutely bodied in high MMR though. That's why you only see Nurse, Spirits, and Blights in high MMR, they're the only three killers that can compete in there.

    I'd say most people aren't in high MMR. He is way too good for how easy he is to play. He just isn't fun to go against. The devs aren't nerfing him just because they feel like it.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548183#Comment_2548183

    Well, when I say that. I bet the Developers are looking at how much skill is required to use a Killer compared to how "powerful" the killer is. Since Wraith is an extremely easy Killer to use, then maybe they decided he shouldn't be as "strong" as other high skill killers.

    He's nowhere near as strong as those three though. Those three are able to counterloop tiles that Wraith cannot. I think he's decent enough for the low amount of skill he takes.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548197#Comment_2548197

    He's nowhere near as strong as those three though. Those three are able to counterloop tiles that Wraith cannot. I think he's decent enough for the low amount of skill he takes.

    I think any Killer that has high map mobility is automatically in the S-Tier, to be honest. But again, I'm making a guess on why I think the developers nerfed him.

  • Because he is a wee bit op, taken from the patch notes. So they need to change that so people play only Nurse and Blight.

  • Because he needed it. He was overpowered, his lunge was so ridiculous. Why is he constantly cloaking during chase? That should be for being stealthy, not for gaining a free down. His lunge still might be too much.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Because he needed it. He was overpowered, his lunge was so ridiculous. Why is he constantly cloaking during chase? That should be for being stealthy, not for gaining a free down. His lunge still might be too much.

    This ain't it chief

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548241#Comment_2548241

    I think any Killer that has high map mobility is automatically in the S-Tier, to be honest. But again, I'm making a guess on why I think the developers nerfed him.

    No that's not it because he only has good map mobility if you run windstorm add ons and even then it's not as fast as spirit, the problem is that people think they can outrun the lunge and get greedy with a pallet and they hand him a hit or a down but if you know when to drop pallets or when to hit a window on him he's wasting time by ringing the bell so much and he's not even hard to counter or predict in chase its a totally unnecessary nerf

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548245#Comment_2548245

    No that's not it because he only has good map mobility if you run windstorm add ons and even then it's not as fast as spirit, the problem is that people think they can outrun the lunge and get greedy with a pallet and they hand him a hit or a down but if you know when to drop pallets or when to hit a window on him he's wasting time by ringing the bell so much and he's not even hard to counter or predict in chase its a totally unnecessary nerf

    I think you are underestimating how much mobility adds to a killers "strength". There's only 6 killers out of 25 killers with a consistent map control and one of those is Wraith. Being able to go from one side of the map to the other in seconds cannot be understated.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547506#Comment_2547506

    How are they nerfing Ghost Face? Recovery time is faster and they changed the recovery add-ons based on how fast his recovery is now. That doesn't sound a nerf to me. It sounds like a buff.

    Most people who played Ghostface did so with these addons. Unless my math fails me, the recovery time now, with these addons, is longer than it was before.

    @IronKnight55 said:

    He's getting the changes he needed. Wraith is just way too unfun to go against right now.

    In that case, he needs a buff somewhere else in his kit. He was mid tier at best prenerf.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547323#Comment_2547323

    They nerfed his speed boost after uncloaking from 1.25 secs to 1 second.

    ######### why? urgh god playing wraith will be even more terrible now

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548426#Comment_2548426

    I think you are underestimating how much mobility adds to a killers "strength". There's only 6 killers out of 25 killers with a consistent map control and one of those is Wraith. Being able to go from one side of the map to the other in seconds cannot be understated.

    Yea but his add ons are giving him the mobility and his base kit isn't as fast as you're making it out , I would tone down windstorm and all seeing blood but nerfing one of the worst killers basekit ? He's already a m1 killer that has a huge slowdown to ring the bell just to be able to get the fast lunge they're nerfing , this change is gonna make it to where you never see this killer at high ranks

  • @JoByDaylight said:

    Wraith was over-performing I believe they stated.

    People on this forum need to get their heads out of their "high MMR"-asses. Not everyone plays at high MMR and the game to be balanced around the majority of the player base.

    I think the nerf is coming because Wraith is so easy to pipck up and do good with even without understanding the game at all. Also it was impossible to play against him in lower ranks.

    This is just my guess though.

    I also believe that he only needed some add-ons nerfed, especially All seeing blood.

    I'm not sure if I agree here. I'm not good at all, and even at my level survivors have figured out how to work around him.

    These weren't mild nerfs to bring him inline at lower MMR either. The boost nerf makes him about as bad as he was before the buffs, if not worse.

    ASB needed a nerf, sure. And maybe a small nerf to his boost. Start at like 10% and see what happens. A 20% nerf feels like BHVR saying 'we really don't want Wraith to be better than a 'C' or 'D' tier killer'.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548092#Comment_2548092

    If people get upset because I say a killer needed some nerfs, then so be it. I think it's silly, but whatever.

    It comes over as gloating.

    'Nyah nyah nyah, your favorite killer is trash now and that makes me happy'.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547329#Comment_2547329

    ######### why? urgh god playing wraith will be even more terrible now

    How he still moves at 150% speed

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548495#Comment_2548495

    Yea but his add ons are giving him the mobility and his base kit isn't as fast as you're making it out , I would tone down windstorm and all seeing blood but nerfing one of the worst killers basekit ? He's already a m1 killer that has a huge slowdown to ring the bell just to be able to get the fast lunge they're nerfing , this change is gonna make it to where you never see this killer at high ranks

    I'm not necessarily talking about add-ons. Wraith is still faster with no add-ons but with add-ons, which are yellow, green and purple. There's so many add-ons that give you speed, that you are pretty much going to be running a movement add-on at all times without worrying about running out of them.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548126#Comment_2548126

    It comes over as gloating.

    'Nyah nyah nyah, your favorite killer is trash now and that makes me happy'.

    The thing is... He's not trash. Take it however you want. The only thing I said is I'm happy they got nerfed because of how annoying and unfun they are to face. If that hurts someones feelings, then so be it.

  • @KajdanKi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/285836/why-are-you-nerfing-wraith

    Because Wraith is ######### atm. simply no fun.

    To counterplay him you must stand on the pallets to save yourself. There is completely no looping when Wraith main uses uncloacking speed boost. Some run perks that Wraith is insabely fast.

    I got it you want 4k each match but its completely terrible design

    lmfao im lucky if i get 1k nowadays. so please refrain from saying "you are only complaining because you want a 4k". Stop it.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547511#Comment_2547511

    Most people who played Ghostface did so with these addons. Unless my math fails me, the recovery time now, with these addons, is longer than it was before.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547689#Comment_2547689

    In that case, he needs a buff somewhere else in his kit. He was mid tier at best prenerf.

    So Ghost Face was not nerfed. His add-ons were.

  • We are splitting hairs here.

    I'm saying that most GF players ran those addons anyway, much as the old Wraith would run specific addons baseline.

    Taking the nerf into account, a GF running those addons (as is standard) is weaker than before. It only amounts to a buff if you don't run those addons.

    What would have made sense, would be to make GF's cooldown equal to the old addon amount, and then rework those addons.

  • OK, please is there a glossery of terms somewhere? What is nerfed? Like a nerf football?

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2549108#Comment_2549108

    We are splitting hairs here.

    I'm saying that most GF players ran those addons anyway, much as the old Wraith would run specific addons baseline.

    Taking the nerf into account, a GF running those addons (as is standard) is weaker than before. It only amounts to a buff if you don't run those addons.

    What would have made sense, would be to make GF's cooldown equal to the old addon amount, and then rework those addons.

    When I think of killers and their balancing, I generally separate the killer's power from the add-ons. The reason I do that is, regardless to popular belief with some killers, you are not forced to run certain add-ons or any add-ons for that matter. So to me, I could care less if 100% of Ghost Face players used that add-on combo, Ghost Face was not nerfed, his add-ons were. It doesn't mean that if you ran those two add-ons it won't feel like a nerf, but like you said and how I'm thinking, it's only a nerf if you run those two add-ons. However, Ghost Face himself was not nerfed.

  • Wraith is getting the Spirit treatment. People don't want to change their playstyle so instead they complained and complained until a nerf (over nerf) happened.

    I agree with some of the complaints, mainly about his add-ons, but these aren't the changes I would have made.

  • The average player is quite low skill from what I have seen over the years. They complain about weak killers that competent survivor players have no issue with all the time. Why is anyone surprised that Wraith is getting nerfed? He has been the main focus of survivor main complaining since Freddy was nerfed.

  • @glitchboi said:

    Because some people have no clue to run a Wraith, apparently.

    It's more that there are a LOT of tiles where his uncloaking would be a guaranteed hit, because survivors either needed to vault or fake a vault, but Wraith's uncloaking time either guaranteed the hit mid-vault if they vaulted a bit late, or guaranteed the hit post-vault by using his speed to go to the other side of the wall. Faking a vault doesnt really work in that scenario, and also leads to a hit.

    Guaranteed hits are not fun to face because survivor input doesnt matter. At that point, you could just replace survivors with AI, have practically the same game without any players getting bored.


    They either had to give maps a killer seed where T&L walls dont spawn as often(which was the main location where you would have guaranteed hits, especially if the killer ran all seeing), or adjust Wraith to compensate for such situations. Since the devs refuse to make map seeds a thing, Wraith was altered.

    It's not always about "people dont know how to run X killer" because people do. But if the game doesnt offer resources you can use against that killer, there isnt much you can do.

  • Same reason why they nerfed Freddy. What the devs consider OP has nothing to do with the killer's actual strength. If they felt killers needed nerfs, and were nerfing the theoretically strongest killers, many killers would have been nerfed before Freddy an Wraith. It's clear as day they nerf killers that have something that have potent reward for input on the easier side. That, and like Freddy, Wraith started to amass a hate-mob (a smaller one, but it was there).

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2549117#Comment_2549117

    When I think of killers and their balancing, I generally separate the killer's power from the add-ons. The reason I do that is, regardless to popular belief with some killers, you are not forced to run certain add-ons or any add-ons for that matter. So to me, I could care less if 100% of Ghost Face players used that add-on combo, Ghost Face was not nerfed, his add-ons were. It doesn't mean that if you ran those two add-ons it won't feel like a nerf, but like you said and how I'm thinking, it's only a nerf if you run those two add-ons. However, Ghost Face himself was not nerfed.

    We are bickering over semantics at this point. Whether or not it's the killer's base kit or the defacto mandatory addons that were nerfed isn't relevant. What I'm saying is that, when played as most moderately skilled GF's usually do, the changes amount to a nerf to the killer overall.

    @Axx said:

    The average player is quite low skill from what I have seen over the years. They complain about weak killers that competent survivor players have no issue with all the time. Why is anyone surprised that Wraith is getting nerfed? He has been the main focus of survivor main complaining since Freddy was nerfed.

    Eh. The average player is averagely skilled. That's...sort of what 'average' means. But yes, if Wraith was too difficult for intermediate and beginner players to deal with, he definitely needed some help in his basekit to prevent him from being absolute doo-doo in higher skill matches, where he was already very mediocre.

1 2 3