The killer is the one that has to give more fear but ends up being frightened by the survivors.
Obviously I have said the harsh reality that killers live and even more with this MMR.
God, I'm tired of having to face the premades, having to endure click click with flashlights, see t-bags, spin the killer, etc.
Just admit it, the fear of the killer was lost and the survivors consider him a low-level player.
Dbd needs to remove the premades from public games.
You need an option where the killers choose to play public matches or play against premades. It would be fair but knowing the devs, they will do nothing about it, taking away the fun and happiness of killers players, promoting stress, anger and toxicity. So on, toxicity is created in this game.
Which has a solution but they do not want.
Comments
Killers should be more threatening imo.
It should be done in a way that doesn't make it into hide and seek territory tho. At least not until we get different modes.
If you've ever heard Mathieu Cote talk about Killer vs Survivor, you'll know he likes a hostile dynamic between survivor and killer. That's not changing.
Besides that, SWF has kept this game alive, so as much as it sucks sometimes, that's the way it has to be and BHVR knows this. An easier, g-rated mode will never happen.
The biggest jumpscare I've ever had in this game is walking around and getting a pallet slammed in my face when I didn't know a survivor was there.
Well repetition dulls even the biggest horrors in video games.
Play any real horror game for the tenth time and it will lose its horror.
I loved dead space and was genuinely on edge in my first playthroughs but by now it is simply an atmospheric third person shooter for me and I partial simply run though it.
Play DBD for several hundreds of hours and the killer simply becomes a fifth person with a different skill set and the scary aspect is completely gone.
The killer and survivor dynamic has truly been lost.
A killer bringing an Ebony Mori should strike fear on the survivor since it's the ultimate offering to the Entity just so they can dunk on the survivor but instead they just shrug it off now.
IMO Killer offerings should be really strong, the problem was the quantity and how easy it was to get these stuff. They weren't ultra rare at all lol
I don't remember ever feeling fear when I saw an Ebony pre-nerf.
Just "Welp, time to write this game off."
The fact that I can relate to this hurts so, so much.
I only use Ebony like very rarely only when I'm extremely annoyed with the consecutive group of survivors with medkits that probably is loaded with insta heals and flashlight. They see the hidden offering and start panicking like chicken when I start deleting players.
Yep ebony mori's then didn't evoke fear into me just annoyance and wanting to go to the next game
Firstly, there is a large difference between fear and annoyance. The majority of just about everyone felt the second one with old moris.
Secondly, as this is a video game, lore should not be prioritised over gameplay. Ever.
It's people playing a video game against some other people. You're not a big fearsome dude brandishing a pointy weapon. Nobody is gonna be scared by someone else's power trips in a video game.
I disagree. There’s a difference between dead space and Dead by daylight, dead space is a one time thing that has a set of events that will happen guaranteed. But Dead by daylight will be different every game. The killer won’t follow the same route every other killer follows, and streamers still get scared by stealth killers
I get jumpscared in this game just by survivors not running the correct direction. Rofl.
Yeah so the sweatlord killers can bully casuals and blame their mistakes on swf or premade or literally anything else in the game except for your own stupid mistakes.
That's just situational jumps cares and not horror or scaryness per se.
People with always be surprised/scared based on fight-or-flight instincts. Hell even i get "scared" from time to time when I don't expect a survivor to double back into me in high walled loops.
But that is not the same as something being legitimately scared or horror. DBD by now has no atmospheric horror anymore it's always the same and after several hundred hours you have seen enough from each killer on each map.
Said it many times, we need a few uber dark maps in which survivors can't see well at all or even have moments/periods of total blackness. It wont happen as this is a meme/party game, not a horror one.
Dbd is a horror multiplayer game, not an scary solo game. Neither killers or survivors are meant to be scared although some events can trigger funny jumpscares for both sides.
Survivors aren't meant to be your little play toys and never were, people is playing with their friends and the killer is playing a pursuit/gore gameplay against them for their fun, because if you are looking for games to punish people not allowing them to play with friends and make them actually suffer irl for scares, that speaks up about that player
Isn´t it ironic that Bully squad is a more used term than bullying killer?
The number of killers that actually start a match with the intention to bully casual survivors is really small. At least in comparison with bully squads. Even more, i´m confident, that some of those bullying killers are actually survivor mains, which just want to justify their foul actions and/or create more toxicity.
I don't know you but I don't believe that there is a sect of killer/survivor mains who purposedly wanna spread and create toxicity, maybe they are just caring for their own fun
Sect isn´t the right word. But there are definetly some streamers out there, which thrive on toxic content.
Scratch mirror myers is the only scary thing in this game tbh. I know it is called jumpscare myers but he is more than that as he has a psychological aspect that induces paranoia.
Once you find out he's scratch mirror you start trying to avoid staying near doorways. If you're sat on a gen that doesn't give you a clear view of your surroundings you are paranoid he will pop up any second. If he leaves chase but you can't see him walk off, the game map or lerys for example, you're more likely to waste time camping a strong loop until you're sure he's gone. The only thing that destroys him is swfs.
Dbd needs more psychological scares, more paranoia inducing killers, to make the game scary again. Yes there are other stealth killers but they give warnings, such as pig charging, or can be broke out, such as ghost face or a flashlight on wraith.
How can anyone still feel fear in DBD after playing for hundreds of hours and becoming completely desensitised to it lol.
In any case, idk I switched from survivor main to killer main because I feel so much more powerful in this role, I have so much more fun because I don't feel helpless all the time. Have never looked back and refuse to return to survivor unless playing with mates. Perhaps you might also benefit from a switch to the other side?
Yes it’s always secretly the survivor mains who are the ones under the mask being toxic.
Thats not what i said. But most of the time i´ve seen bullying killers, they had private profiles. Killer mains usually don´t have private profiles. There are exceptions, of course. I don´t say that every survivor is toxic. Simply as not every killer is toxic. We have players on both sides that are. But praying on new players is easier when someone mains a the other role. Simply because he doesn´t has to depip all the way down.
So don´t try to make it look like only killer mains are the only toxic ones. Fact is, that our community is toxic. I´ve had this conversation dozens of times in the other forum. Where people admitted to depip on purpose before a free weekend. So they bully new players away.
When you're dealing with a game people play for hundreds if not thousands of hours, the best you can really do is a horror atmosphere. It's as simple as that, try playing the scariest singleplayer game you know for that amount of time and it will be a very very different experience too. What you're talking about is in no way something exclusive to SWF.
And you're right, they'll never ever restrict SWF in the way you're talking about. The only approach with a non-zero probability of even being considered by them for a second is making the game "less scary", by bringing solo closer to SWF and balancing around that. It's the only approach compatible with what is honestly industry level standards for modern multiplayer games that couldn't care less about an individual genre or game's balance challenges. All they can possibly do is balance around it.
Or just leave it as it is, lets not forget that's clearly a valid option as well as it has worked so far.
As a former Wraith main, I relate to this so much.
The only time I'm afraid of Survivors is when they jumpscare me
I’m not sure how well sbmm prevents this but I am glad it’s no longer as easy to intentionally derank even if we only have a vague idea of what influences it. Even when I first played killer I felt bad for the survivors (this was after getting up to red ranks as survivor) so I knew what I was doing, the baby players were cute though.
I still get some even when i knew the sruvivor wath there lol
Fear was killed when they decided to prioritize comfortability over atmosphere. Having all of your senses balanced to where you can see halfway across the map or hear anything going on lessens the need to be hypervigilant. The more information they give, the more gamey it becomes and the less scary it will ever be.
Even the simple process of going back to the old fog and lighting the game had would boost the fear factor and potentially make people less effective at sweating.
You know lately it's the not great survivors that give me more of a challenge. They have no idea what they are doing but it works because I am sitting there going "Who the ######### goes that way".
I doo-doo'd in my pants when walking through Hawkins and a survivor fell on my head
What this post meant to say is Survivors are overpowering killers because they are unbalanced as #########
I instantly let them go after 2 hooks whenever i notice that they are new players.
As long as I don’t have a challenge to 4K :(
Honestly,
I think Killers should be afraid of the survivors. The survivors almost always win in horror movies and usually end up killing the Killer.
I´m not sure if you agree or disagree with me.
I forget surprisingly often about the challenge. Like, encountering new players (or simply unskilled) and letting them go. Only to realize, that i had to kill them...
The two issues with SWF, if you take skewed matchmaking out of it, are that it cancels out some of the killer's abilities/add-ons/perks and that it facilitates bullying. If you match with three survivors who play normally and one who's toxic, the toxic one is a lot easier to deal with, both in terms of game play and in terms of mentally withstanding their toxicity. But, if you match with an organized group of four toxic players, that's a totally different thing, and it's the thing people usually flash back to when they complain about SWF or toxic players, IMO.
I definitely think BHVR should be trying to redesign game features that can be exploited to bully people, to try to lessen the opportunity to do that -- I don't accept the idea that we should just have to tolerate toxic players. But I also don't know exactly what the redesign should be.
At this point, I hope the Devs implement a system to show who's in SWF or not at the score screen, so all the killers that cry "SWF OP" after literally every game will see that they're actually just bad at the game. I've been accused of being in a sweaty 4 man for body blocking, "coordinated unhooks" (I was running Kindred), flashlight saves, gen rushing, and plenty of others. Just because you're bad enough to require discord to play competently doesn't mean the rest of the game's population does.
What do you mean by "premades"?