Worst Killer You could have released (pinhead)

There's no words for how disgustingly horrible this killer is, really BHVR? really?

Ontop of stripping things from the chapter like his voice lines too?

If you wanted to make someone who was worse than Trickster THIS IS THE ONE

Everything Pinhead does is cool but takes 10 years and isn't balanced for how sweaty survivors play this game. He's automatically on the bottom row. a brand new killer.

idk about yall but i've lost hope and question buying the next chapter

Pinhead's power is so horrible and weak it does nothing for you at any point during a match other than hindering urself in a chase

Comments

  • Cenobite is weak, his slowdown is kind of a joke. His main power requires pretty decent skill on the killer's part, and it's easier to dodge for survivors than Nemesis's tentacle. The effect his power has on survivors at loops is identical to Clown's but with more risk and more skill requirement. And most importantly, if survivors hold W, he can't do much. Another killer on the pile that get beaten by survivors putting a weight on their Shift + W keys and going to get pizza while their team holds M1.

    Here's the fact of the matter, if the killer is beaten by W, they're on the weaker end. If their power is easy to dodge and hard to hit, they're inconsistent (less so the more skill you have and the weaker the survivors are). Pinhead is both. This means, they're a killer that when played at their max level, will give you decent results against average survivors, might even be possible to win against some good survivors with the right build, and against really good coordinated survivors you will just hold W and wonder what life choices led you to spend money on this killer.

    My prediction is he's gonna be a low-mid tier killer that will depend on most of his build being gen slowdown just to have a chance against most survivor teams that aren't braindead.

    I hope that I am wrong, in 2 weeks or so. I want the Cenobite to be a good, usable killer that doesn't spend 80% of the match holding W waiting to catch up to survivors, because I do so love Hellraiser.

    Right now, it just feels like it's not worth my money. At least Nemesis's power feels snappy and responsive instead of clunky and awkward.

  • @NekoTorvic said:

    Cenobite is weak, his slowdown is kind of a joke. His main power requires pretty decent skill on the killer's part, and it's easier to dodge for survivors than Nemesis's tentacle. The effect his power has on survivors at loops is identical to Clown's but with more risk and more skill requirement. And most importantly, if survivors hold W, he can't do much. Another killer on the pile that get beaten by survivors putting a weight on their Shift + W keys and going to get pizza while their team holds M1.

    Here's the fact of the matter, if the killer is beaten by W, they're on the weaker end. If their power is easy to dodge and hard to hit, they're inconsistent (less so the more skill you have and the weaker the survivors are). Pinhead is both. This means, they're a killer that when played at their max level, will give you decent results against average survivors, might even be possible to win against some good survivors with the right build, and against really good coordinated survivors you will just hold W and wonder what life choices led you to spend money on this killer.

    My prediction is he's gonna be a low-mid tier killer that will depend on most of his build being gen slowdown just to have a chance against most survivor teams that aren't braindead.

    I hope that I am wrong, in 2 weeks or so. I want the Cenobite to be a good, usable killer that doesn't spend 80% of the match holding W waiting to catch up to survivors, because I do so love Hellraiser.

    Right now, it just feels like it's not worth my money. At least Nemesis's power feels snappy and responsive instead of clunky and awkward.

    He isn't save yourself the trouble and just play Trickster, he's better off getting better treatment than prob this one for some time lol.

    I was super sad when they removed the voice lines and i didn't even get to play with them activated.

  • @Konnor24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479308#Comment_2479308

    I played against a few who were like that. Some people just haven't picked up on his power. It was the same with Nemesis when he came out. I didnt die to a Nemesis for about 3 weeks. Then i kept getting rekt by them even at the same or lower ranks because people figured him out a bit more, and people will with Pinhead too.

    See when i use all the abilities at his disposal correctly, i get a 3k minimum, usually a 4k.

    Yeah just played another, he got 0 kills, just 3 hooks. I'm happy to let killers practice on me, but they keep downing me in the gates instead of practicing πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479315#Comment_2479315

    Yeah just played another, he got 0 kills, just 3 hooks. I'm happy to let killers practice on me, but they keep downing me in the gates instead of practicing πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

    He got zero kills...hmmm, What is there to practice? His power isnt that hard to understand. His chains last 2 seconds and his activation is easy to dodge. I got 1k when i played a few matches with him. I have every killer to 50

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479315#Comment_2479315

    Yeah just played another, he got 0 kills, just 3 hooks. I'm happy to let killers practice on me, but they keep downing me in the gates instead of practicing πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

    And i bet this is how the majority are playing him lol. They just seem to think killers should turn up and stomp.

    I enjoy Pinhead, im usually getting 4k's every match and having so much fun with his chains round the killer shack and through buildings. Even managed to get some chains on someone from the basement who i knew was stood outside. He was just waiting there and didnt expect it. When people learn his power correctly, people wont be crying so much about him. He does need a few buffs though, he is by no means a strong killer. He just requires some thought and skill right now.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479317#Comment_2479317

    He isn't save yourself the trouble and just play Trickster, he's better off getting better treatment than prob this one for some time lol.

    I was super sad when they removed the voice lines and i didn't even get to play with them activated.

    Luckily I am a Blight main XD which is why I am so sensitive to killers that are weak against W. It's a massive annoyance to me.

    I think they'll add those voicelines again tho. It's just a technical issue they're having. They even went through the trouble of giving Chatterer a teeth chattering sound when he teleports, so i'm fairly sure they want the Pinhead voicelines back.

    I am just disappointed that his power is so lackluster.

  • @NekoTorvic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479346#Comment_2479346

    Luckily I am a Blight main XD which is why I am so sensitive to killers that are weak against W. It's a massive annoyance to me.

    I think they'll add those voicelines again tho. It's just a technical issue they're having. They even went through the trouble of giving Chatterer a teeth chattering sound when he teleports, so i'm fairly sure they want the Pinhead voicelines back.

    I am just disappointed that his power is so lackluster.

    Anyone who is good at blight is an excellent killer, hes one i have maxed out and i have a hard time with him cuz i don't get how some walls register for you to bump into and then some you slide off of and it ruins your whole attack..I'm better at other killers lol

    Pinhead has such potential to be strong and balanced but hes in baby form

  • @Konnor24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479210#Comment_2479210

    Yes, he agrees with you, Because one, two or 50 people agree with you, doesnt mean you're right. Millions think Aliens built the pyramids, it doesnt mean they're right. So using someone to back you up isnt valid pal.

    But ill bite with these comments too.

    You do NOT have to land 4 chains in a row to counter survivors unless you are using the chains too far away, as i already explained, its not meant to be used as a catch up mechanic when you're 50 yards away. Its for mid range and anti looping. Even if you dont hit them when they're still chained, you have caught up to them, lessening the length of the loop, making them use a pallet or take a hit.

    Yes his addons makes him better, and i agree with Otz in a video of his where he suggested some of them could be made baseline for added power. But not playing with these addons doesnt make him bad.

    And once again, i never said he was strong, i said he wasnt the worst killer in the game. If you are going to quote people and then say a statement after it, at least get the opposing statement right instead of trying to twist things to your own narrative.

    I've been playing him and he's fun, but I would say he is the weakest Killer right now and I play Trapper and Plague. Then again, I haven't been playing add-ons with him because he keeps crashing the game. Without add-ons, he's definitely the weakest though.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479235#Comment_2479235

    I've been playing him and he's fun, but I would say he is the weakest Killer right now and I play Trapper and Plague. Then again, I haven't been playing add-ons with him because he keeps crashing the game. Without add-ons, he's definitely the weakest though.

    Oh look another person who thinks hes weak, that's crazy. Even with add ons hes not that great, his purple one that keeps attacking is one of the good ones i forget the name

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479372#Comment_2479372

    Anyone who is good at blight is an excellent killer, hes one i have maxed out and i have a hard time with him cuz i don't get how some walls register for you to bump into and then some you slide off of and it ruins your whole attack..I'm better at other killers lol

    Pinhead has such potential to be strong and balanced but hes in baby form

    They just changed his collisions again with this patch, and they seem to be adding random props on walls making it so that you collide where you expect to slide. We'll have to see if it's a bug or if they're intentionally changing him for the billionth time...being a Blight main is annoying when they keep changing him every month and a half XD

  • @SasukeKun said:

    There's no words for how disgustingly horrible this killer is, really BHVR? really?

    Ontop of stripping things from the chapter like his voice lines too?

    If you wanted to make someone who was worse than Trickster THIS IS THE ONE

    Everything Pinhead does is cool but takes 10 years and isn't balanced for how sweaty survivors play this game. He's automatically on the bottom row. a brand new killer.

    idk about yall but i've lost hope and question buying the next chapter

    Pinhead's power is so horrible and weak it does nothing for you at any point during a match other than hindering urself in a chase

    Behavior fan boys (and girls) on there way to scream "SASUKEEEEEEEE"

  • You can refund the dlc if you haven't played for 2 hours after buying it on steam.

    Also if a powerlevel of a killer matters so much to you don't buy them day 1. You making stupid purchases is not the same as being scammed

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    You can refund the dlc if you haven't played for 2 hours after buying it on steam.

    Also if a powerlevel of a killer matters so much to you don't buy them day 1. You making stupid purchases is not the same as being scammed

    Okay so i should expect the new killer to be bad at release? lol I can't buy it cuz i like Hellraiser? ight

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479419#Comment_2479419

    Okay so i should expect the new killer to be bad at release? lol I can't buy it cuz i like Hellraiser? ight

    You can buy it cause you like hellraiser no problem.

    But expecting a killer to be good at release or being good at a killer right at release is foolish.

    Bhvr is known for playing it safe and buffing when needed afterwards.

    You bought exactly what they were offering. There is zero scamming going on here

  • @SasukeKun said:

    There's no words for how disgustingly horrible this killer is, really BHVR? really?

    Ontop of stripping things from the chapter like his voice lines too?

    If you wanted to make someone who was worse than Trickster THIS IS THE ONE

    Everything Pinhead does is cool but takes 10 years and isn't balanced for how sweaty survivors play this game. He's automatically on the bottom row. a brand new killer.

    idk about yall but i've lost hope and question buying the next chapter

    Pinhead's power is so horrible and weak it does nothing for you at any point during a match other than hindering urself in a chase

    It sounds like you only played one game as him and then got your ass whooped.

    quit complaining and actually get good at him.

  • @MudSpit83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/278032/worst-killer-you-could-have-released-pinhead

    It sounds like you only played one game as him and then got your ass whooped.

    quit complaining and actually get good at him.

    I actually didn't but ok

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479381#Comment_2479381

    Oh look another person who thinks hes weak, that's crazy. Even with add ons hes not that great, his purple one that keeps attacking is one of the good ones i forget the name

    I don't necessarily think a killer should be strong. I'd much rather have a fun killer than a strong killer and I do think the Cenobite is fun. If I would change anything, I think I would make the gateway and the chain both have a slightly longer distance, maybe add 1/5th of it's current distance to both and I would make the chains take about an additional 0.5 seconds to break.

    I also think the Trapper should have the Trapper Bag as default on his kit.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479425#Comment_2479425

    You can buy it cause you like hellraiser no problem.

    But expecting a killer to be good at release or being good at a killer right at release is foolish.

    Bhvr is known for playing it safe and buffing when needed afterwards.

    You bought exactly what they were offering. There is zero scamming going on here

    "expecting a killer to be good at release is foolish?" how? Then nobody would buy it, i look at everything when it comes out. If i watched the ptb earlier and spoiled it for myself. Prob wouldnt have bought it. That's what i get for having hope

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479434#Comment_2479434

    "expecting a killer to be good at release is foolish?" how? Then nobody would buy it, i look at everything when it comes out. If i watched the ptb earlier and spoiled it for myself. Prob wouldnt have bought it. That's what i get for having hope

    How is automatically assuming a killer being good without doing any research anything but foolish.

    Hell 9/10 he isn't actually bad but people need to figure him out first.

    Almost every single killer released lattely were buffed in the midchapter after release

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479464#Comment_2479464

    How is automatically assuming a killer being good without doing any research anything but foolish.

    Hell 9/10 he isn't actually bad but people need to figure him out first.

    Almost every single killer released lattely were buffed in the midchapter after release

    "Almost every single killer released lattely were buffed in the midchapter after release"


    Because BHVR doesn't know how to make killers good at get go, playing it safe like you explained is smart. Although it's really offputting to then say to yourself "oh well hes gonna suck so even tho hes out tho, good luck until mid chapter"...

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479353#Comment_2479353

    He got zero kills...hmmm, What is there to practice? His power isnt that hard to understand. His chains last 2 seconds and his activation is easy to dodge. I got 1k when i played a few matches with him. I have every killer to 50

    He barely used a chain portal. He could have played with those a bit instead of downing us with an m1 in the exit gates. Id have left the survivors even, and practiced through vaults and at targets lol

  • I think something we can all agree on is to not buy something based off hype. Gaming companies exploit hype to get more money out of you. Just don't fall for the tactic. I didn't buy Ash even thought his MoM was probably the most over powered perk in the game out of any perk that has been released. Look how fast they changed it out of any other perk that has been released? I hope those people got their money's worth out of it. Maybe next time take a step back to wait and see if you want to give Behavior your money. If you think you got duped, that's on you.


    As for how good or bad he is, his chains are definitely for loops and not 5 million mile across the map chase catch up (I think you get the over exaggeration). For his teleport, the only time I've been able to counter his teleport is solving the box during pick up/hooking survivors. This is my experience, so far. I didn't play PTB as I don't like being a free Q&A for companies that will probably call you toxic for giving criticisms.

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479361#Comment_2479361

    He barely used a chain portal. He could have played with those a bit instead of downing us with an m1 in the exit gates. Id have left the survivors even, and practiced through vaults and at targets lol

    Even at the killer shack loop i don't think he makes that any easier, only like the big open areas with a pallet randomly there

  • I just want the voicelines back :(

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479151#Comment_2479151

    @ing people ain't gonna do #########.

    Maybe wait a minute before tossing money at BHVR next time.

    i FORGOT to respond to this but i totally agree with you

  • @Yurik said:

    I just want the voicelines back :(

    you think they will input them in a hotfix?

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    Dude it’s the first day try harder and practice and you’ll find a gameplay style for pinhead. People said deathslinger and twins were weak. Now there the most annoying killers to go against cause they have great strengths.

    They're also basically useless without specific perks like M&A on Deathslinger, and even then it's a 110% killer that survivors can just outzone since they're only strat is typically a 3-gen on any non-indoor / small map. They can't afford to be runnin' all over the map lookin' for chases.


    Twins is a cool concept, but one survivor can just hold their power hostage the entire game which is pretty bizarre when it happens because you're still one guy off gens and stuff but it's more than a fair trade for how outnumbered the killer is for 3/4 of the game.

  • @Raihje said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479155#Comment_2479155

    They're also basically useless without specific perks like M&A on Deathslinger, and even then it's a 110% killer that survivors can just outzone since they're only strat is typically a 3-gen on any non-indoor / small map. They can't afford to be runnin' all over the map lookin' for chases.

    Twins is a cool concept, but one survivor can just hold their power hostage the entire game which is pretty bizarre when it happens because you're still one guy off gens and stuff but it's more than a fair trade for how outnumbered the killer is for 3/4 of the game.

    You can’t hold Twins hostage cause after 35 seconds you can recall Victor and get him back

  • is he that bad? I already didn't plan on buying pinhead because he seems boring like nemesis

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    is he that bad? I already didn't plan on buying pinhead because he seems boring like nemesis

    Nemesis got buffed this patch, he feels like hes in a better place now. Especially since his pinks do something for you now

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479381#Comment_2479381

    Oh look another person who thinks hes weak, that's crazy. Even with add ons hes not that great, his purple one that keeps attacking is one of the good ones i forget the name

    Once again, i never once said he was strong. I disagreed with your topic title and stating he's the weakest killer in the game. And once again you push a narrative to justify yourself.


    I also said i bet you aren't playing him correctly. Which i stand by. Even the guy you quoted has stated he's not played him with addons. Id like to see most killers do amazingly with no addons.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479419#Comment_2479419

    Okay so i should expect the new killer to be bad at release? lol I can't buy it cuz i like Hellraiser? ight

    People have complained on release about

    Pig, Clown, Legion, Plague, Demogorgan, Deathslinger, Twins, Trickster, Nemesis

    It happens a lot. You have 1000s of posts on this forum, you cannot be ignorant of this? Or like i said, you're just pushing a narrative.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    is he that bad? I already didn't plan on buying pinhead because he seems boring like nemesis

    Hes not boring, hes not that strong, but hes really fun to play. The OP is just full of hyperbole. Even to go so far as to say i've said things i havent simply for disagreeing that he isnt the worst/weakest killer in the game.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479235#Comment_2479235

    I've been playing him and he's fun, but I would say he is the weakest Killer right now and I play Trapper and Plague. Then again, I haven't been playing add-ons with him because he keeps crashing the game. Without add-ons, he's definitely the weakest though.

    Play him with any of his addons and he becomes stronger. Same with most killers. Engineers fang is seriously good. 3 out of the 4 purples are strong imo, and his green and yellow addons help out fairly well. What you see with people complaining is people using Larrys Remains or Liquified Gore (increases Lament Config solving time) and never teleporting.

    I've gone up against around 8 Pinheads tonight now, and all but 1 were a walkover because they just wern't using the tools at their disposal well. No one but two of them teleported, they even just stuck to a chase they were miles from when my friend was using the box. One did use his powers correctly, and he got a 4K with 2 gens done.

    When i play Pinhead, im only using Liquified Gore and Wriggling Maggots (two yellow addons) and out of 11 games, 8 have been 4k's and 2 3K and 1 2k. Im red ranks (Iri Rank II) and have been playing since Freddy was released. I will even openly admit i do not belong in red ranks and my SBMM has probably taken me down a level. But i am being put with people who know how to loop, and who know when to save and when to do gens. Games do feel longer with Pinhead tbh, idk why, but on average before id say my games with PH were around 10 mins, Pinhead is 15 or longer.

    The only thing im struggling with is understanding how people cant play him. And as ive said numerous times, hes not strong, but hes not the weakest. When Nemesis came out, there were so many posts here that he was bad, worst killer ever. Same with Twins and Trickster. Its just a trend now and its getting really boring and silly to see people like the OP cry so damn hard and try too hard to argue a point which ive already offered him advice about, to which he has ignored and just keeps copying what other people are saying and/or being happy someone agrees with him, but theres always a caveat like people not using his powers or addons.

    He's also brand new, so people aren't gonna have the best perks for him yet. Another fact that people casually seem to forget. In 6 weeks when Pinheads are running their optimim build, if people like the OP are still crying, ill take it a bit more seriously.

  • @Ferrari334 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479199#Comment_2479199

    Pinhead is bottom tier right now from what I can tell. When their are no threads about a killer being overpowered, you know for a fact that he is very underpowered.

    Imagine if deathslinger chain did no damage upon breaking. And had a 2 second cooldown before the shot fired after you press M1. And on top of that, imagine if the chain broke after only 3 seconds of reeling.

    Could a person win with those kind of deathslinger limitations win? Yes, i easily could still win against many survivors if i still played this game as often as I used to. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't suck and be unfun, unthreatening, and get absolutely curb stomped by good survivors.

    I would say he is slightly weaker than clown right now, an absolute kitten of a ranged killer compared to slinger or huntress.

    I agree he is under powered, i would go so far as to say bottom tier, id say mid bottom? If played correctly hes better than some, but i wouldnt say hes strong at all. Its all about the mind games and the slowdowns. On the PTB i played him like i would a freddy or a wraith. Just go in, chase, get looped, feel annoyed. Now i know how and when to use his teleport properly and where to start a chain placement, i feel way stronger and this is what i think people aren't doing, especially having played against 8 Pinheads tonight where only one teleported to me or my friend and we had the lament box 80% of the time it was to be picked up. They use their chains stupidly aswell, usually in a chase from a mile back instead of getting closer and using it at mid range or trying to mind game round a loop.

    I agree with the other things you say, he is nowhere near closer to being as powerful as huntress or Slinger. Clown idk, see for me, clown again is weak because so many dont use his power to full potential. They just always use the slowing gas and never the faster antidote. The ones who use the antidote properly in good places can do well. The average clown player doesnt use it correctly, or throws it where a survivor can easily get to it aswell. Some dont even use it at all.

    This whole "new killer being weak" has happened every new chapter now since Twins. Because their powers take time to get used to and need more testing to see what needs buffing. But it always dies down after a month or so even before buffs/nerfs happen because people have all the perks on the killers. Thats what everyone seems to be forgetting right now aswell, people play the new killers with sub optimum builds and come here whineing that the new killers crap. They're forgetting they sometimes have to run spies in the shadows, beast of pray, Bitter Murmur and Monsturous shrine. When they get the better perks games will go a bit easier for them.

  • @Konnor24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479179#Comment_2479179

    Hes not weak, hes not strong but hes not weak. Hes comfortable mid tier right now. The OP hasnt taken the time or effort to think that because he cant work out how to use his power properly, then he must be the worst killer ever.

    Yeah probably.

    I would even argue he might be high tier. Not S tier with Blight or Spirit of course, but perhaps A tier. It's too early to say for sure though.

    I think one aspect that will be hard to judge is how much slowdown his second objective will cause in an average match with him. Because that's something you won't get a direct feedback on when playing as Pinhead.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    Dude it’s the first day try harder and practice and you’ll find a gameplay style for pinhead. People said deathslinger and twins were weak. Now there the most annoying killers to go against cause they have great strengths.

    I remember what they said about Slinger. That he'd be a worse Huntress and anyone who'd play a ranged killer would play Huntress.

    And Twins are the most annoying camping/slugging killers out there.

    And if I remember correctly they said the same about PTB spirit.

  • This is why I try to never buy a chapter with Auric cells unless it's a licensed chapter that's been done well. In this case, I think they did pinhead's animations, his look and voice over very well. He's not a top-tier killer, however, I don't think he's as weak as people make him out to be. Give it a few weeks when people figure out the best build and add-ons.

  • @Konnor24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479381#Comment_2479381

    Play him with any of his addons and he becomes stronger. Same with most killers. Engineers fang is seriously good. 3 out of the 4 purples are strong imo, and his green and yellow addons help out fairly well. What you see with people complaining is people using Larrys Remains or Liquified Gore (increases Lament Config solving time) and never teleporting.

    I've gone up against around 8 Pinheads tonight now, and all but 1 were a walkover because they just wern't using the tools at their disposal well. No one but two of them teleported, they even just stuck to a chase they were miles from when my friend was using the box. One did use his powers correctly, and he got a 4K with 2 gens done.

    When i play Pinhead, im only using Liquified Gore and Wriggling Maggots (two yellow addons) and out of 11 games, 8 have been 4k's and 2 3K and 1 2k. Im red ranks (Iri Rank II) and have been playing since Freddy was released. I will even openly admit i do not belong in red ranks and my SBMM has probably taken me down a level. But i am being put with people who know how to loop, and who know when to save and when to do gens. Games do feel longer with Pinhead tbh, idk why, but on average before id say my games with PH were around 10 mins, Pinhead is 15 or longer.

    The only thing im struggling with is understanding how people cant play him. And as ive said numerous times, hes not strong, but hes not the weakest. When Nemesis came out, there were so many posts here that he was bad, worst killer ever. Same with Twins and Trickster. Its just a trend now and its getting really boring and silly to see people like the OP cry so damn hard and try too hard to argue a point which ive already offered him advice about, to which he has ignored and just keeps copying what other people are saying and/or being happy someone agrees with him, but theres always a caveat like people not using his powers or addons.

    He's also brand new, so people aren't gonna have the best perks for him yet. Another fact that people casually seem to forget. In 6 weeks when Pinheads are running their optimim build, if people like the OP are still crying, ill take it a bit more seriously.

    Again, I haven't played him with add-on's because he keeps crashing the game. However, without add-ons he reminds me a lot of trapper. They both trap survivors.

    Trapper is better because his traps hold survivors for longer and he can trap multiple survivors at the same time. Pinhead is better because he doesn't have to gather his traps and can use his traps pro-actively during a chase. I guess Pinhead may be just slightly better than Trapper because he also has the chain-hunt passive and Trapper doesn't have something similar, his teleport is really just to stop survivors from solving the lament configuration, so that's a zero-sum power.

    Over-all. I would say the chains should hold the survivor about 0.5 seconds longer and possibly extend the range of his gate and his chain by 1/5th of what they currently are.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479840#Comment_2479840

    Again, I haven't played him with add-on's because he keeps crashing the game. However, without add-ons he reminds me a lot of trapper. They both trap survivors.

    Trapper is better because his traps hold survivors for longer and he can trap multiple survivors at the same time. Pinhead is better because he doesn't have to gather his traps and can use his traps pro-actively during a chase. I guess Pinhead may be just slightly better than Trapper because he also has the chain-hunt passive and Trapper doesn't have something similar, his teleport is really just to stop survivors from solving the lament configuration, so that's a zero-sum power.

    Over-all. I would say the chains should hold the survivor about 0.5 seconds longer and possibly extend the range of his gate and his chain by 1/5th of what they currently are.

    I havent had a problem with crashing since around 5 hours after release. So i assumed they had it fixed. Like you though i was having that silly host disconnection bug. Hopefully you can test him a bit better today.

    I agree about his chains. They are too easy to break out of. Even if they keep them there, getting hit by say, 2 chains should probably at least injure the survivor. It'd make survivors be less cocky against him. He definately needs fine tuning. Id say he's better than trapper though by far, especially in chases. Especially with his ability to mind game. Trapper has to lay down a trap and that allows a surv to get away whereas Pinhead can project his chain spawn through walls to get them snared and then mind game.

  • @Ferrari334 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479902#Comment_2479902

    Twins is a very unpopular killer but they are very good if played well. Every killer since then is mediocre at best because they are just crappy by comparison.

    New killer really is bad, thats just objectively true, has nothing to do with being just released.

    They need the chains to do damage (maybe pinhead controls the other 2 chains that spawn as well and 3 successful hits injure a survivor), and for his teleport to not suck as much as it does, like spawn closer to survivors with the box.

    Interesting idea about the chains. The teleport i believe will be tweaked. See this is where i have sympathy with BHVR over balancing. When new killers come out and they're very strong, or an ability is very strong, this forum and their twitter gets absolutly flooded with survs whineing about being unable to play against, too OP etc. The hyperbole with underpowered killers does seem to be less. So with every new killer it does seem like they are releasing them a bit weak and then fine tuning them so that they seem more powerful in the next patch. Really they should probably be doing a longer Beta for these killers rather than 3 weeks so they can be released in a better place.

    Chains should be doing damage after a few hits though. Definitely agree with that.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479384#Comment_2479384

    I don't necessarily think a killer should be strong. I'd much rather have a fun killer than a strong killer and I do think the Cenobite is fun. If I would change anything, I think I would make the gateway and the chain both have a slightly longer distance, maybe add 1/5th of it's current distance to both and I would make the chains take about an additional 0.5 seconds to break.

    I also think the Trapper should have the Trapper Bag as default on his kit.

    Upvotes don't mean anything but I agree with this and have my upvote.

    I don't think killers should be all be on spirit/nurse level, I want killers that are fun to go against and are fun to play. I've been playing this game for about a year and a half and pinhead is the first new killer I actually have fun going against as survivor (slinger, pyramid head, blight, twins, nemmy are all so boring to go against, and imo most are boring to play).

    I think I'd be ok with those buffs. I feel like .5 is a little small, but if it takes too long to break, he's way too oppressive (especially during chain hunt), if it's too short his power doesn't help where it shines (shutting down loops)

    I played pinhead all evening and afternoon yesterday ~30 matches or so, I don't claim to have mastered him but I 4k'ed on most of my games while playing around with different builds. I certainly wouldn't say he's weak but he's not that strong either. His power can be used to scout areas that are upstairs and I think that's really nice. Other than his lunge bug that makes you constantly miss your lunge and the random disconnect from host he is super fun to play as and against imo

  • It never fails to make me laugh when a new challenging killer releases, gets ######### the first week and then when people actually learn the strengths and playstyle they say he is strong. Can't wait for all these posts calling him the worst to make him get buffed and then make him the most annoying killer to go against lmao he is already very strong once you actually take the time to learn a hard killer

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479189#Comment_2479189

    I'm gonna watch videos of him but he's still worse than Trickster to me, he makes me wanna stay on trickster. like holy #########

    Then stay on Trickster and don't play Pinhead. Crisis averted.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    There's no words for how disgustingly horrible this killer is, really BHVR? really?

    Ontop of stripping things from the chapter like his voice lines too?

    If you wanted to make someone who was worse than Trickster THIS IS THE ONE

    Everything Pinhead does is cool but takes 10 years and isn't balanced for how sweaty survivors play this game. He's automatically on the bottom row. a brand new killer.

    idk about yall but i've lost hope and question buying the next chapter

    Pinhead's power is so horrible and weak it does nothing for you at any point during a match other than hindering urself in a chase

    He's fine. The real problem with him is that he's literally unplayable, that's where BHVR is messing up; they put too much on their plate.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2479155#Comment_2479155

    I remember what they said about Slinger. That he'd be a worse Huntress and anyone who'd play a ranged killer would play Huntress.

    And Twins are the most annoying camping/slugging killers out there.

    And if I remember correctly they said the same about PTB spirit.

    Half the time i believe they don't know what they are talking about because they don't play the game to capture actual useful data on real players.

    Pinhead's power is trash, i've done his power and hook someone, doesn't matter if they are at max chain hunt or whatever, they still have enough time to break free from all 3 chains and then pallet stun you and be on their way. It's ridiculous

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2480295#Comment_2480295

    Half the time i believe they don't know what they are talking about because they don't play the game to capture actual useful data on real players.

    Pinhead's power is trash, i've done his power and hook someone, doesn't matter if they are at max chain hunt or whatever, they still have enough time to break free from all 3 chains and then pallet stun you and be on their way. It's ridiculous

    Yeah. Even with the purple add on the chains break so quickly.

    And getting pallet stunned while they are chained is so frustrating

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2483955#Comment_2483955

    Yeah. Even with the purple add on the chains break so quickly.

    And getting pallet stunned while they are chained is so frustrating

    I understand it's supposed to be not THAT oppressive, but If im landing my power in some of these situations and it doesn't grant me any benefit what's so ever, even right next to a pallet,or window why bother using it? You gain no distance using Pinhead's ability

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2483960#Comment_2483960

    I understand it's supposed to be not THAT oppressive, but If im landing my power in some of these situations and it doesn't grant me any benefit what's so ever, even right next to a pallet,or window why bother using it? You gain no distance using Pinhead's ability

    It's even worse if you land a sneaky hit across floors or some distance. Why are there even range add-ons in his kit?

  • @FatallyIconic said:

    This is why I try to never buy a chapter with Auric cells unless it's a licensed chapter that's been done well. In this case, I think they did pinhead's animations, his look and voice over very well. He's not a top-tier killer, however, I don't think he's as weak as people make him out to be. Give it a few weeks when people figure out the best build and add-ons.

    Use his power next to a pallet or window and again you'll lose 90% of your chases using his ability, which doesn't make any sense, you gain little to zero distance, and survivors just have to hold w and right click and they safe, there's no danger