The Big Letter Scavenger Hunt and Theory Thread (The big teaser thread)
EDIT 8 (teaser trailer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbnJuaROV7sI shouldn't even need to point out the 19:87.
Current standing: R A I S E H E L L (or H E L L R A I S E r if you prefer)
Potentially could also include: R T
I'll update this thread when there are more suspicious tweets. I'll leave most of the thread as is, to keep it recognisable, though (and to be perfectly honest, cba to format something that’s gonna be irrelevant in a few weeks' time).
Please, to ensure you do not post theories that already have been discussed, read the whole thread. Saves us all a lot of time. Also, we don't want theory threads flooding the forum, so it would also be great if you could keep it all here in one place.
Also, please keep discussions about whether FNaF is a morally just addition out of here. Would be a damn shame if this thread got closed over that.
Without further ado...
OP (S):
A few minutes ago, DbD's Twitter just posted this:
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1424792642072858627?s=20That is quite unmistakably an S.
EDIT 1 (I):
At what I assume is the same time, this was also posted on other platforms:
https://www.facebook.com/DeadByDaylight/photos/a.961799927201913/4219025478145992/Notably, it seems Ace is trapped in a cage in the bottom left.
Also of note is that when comparing the board itself to how it appears in-game:
On the Facebook image, Circus is spelled with two i's -- Ciircus. In-game, that typo doesn't appear. It can also be said that the ii's vaguely resemble candles. Take that as you will.
EDIT 2 (A):
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425109733606821895?s=20Well.
Since some theories are being made around the amount of A's here, there's also
https://twitter.com/DeadbyBHVR_JP/status/1425109726661120011?s=20This is only 5 Japanese (I think) A's. A noteworthy difference. Perhaps it's a clue as well?
EDIT 3 (maaaaaybe RT):
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425158402314051586?s=20Almost immediately followed by:
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425159822002040833?s=20Are those 2 more letters? Or are they indeed just a Red Herring?
EDIT 4 (R):
DbD's Twitter's profile picture just changed:
Even if you didn't believe the "rt" thing, THAT is an R.
That makes:
S I A R (or S I A R R T)
Now having at the very least 1 R:
Candyman is already out
Isabel is out.
”Say it/my name” is out
Pennywise is already out
EDIT 5 (DECONFIRMED H):
WARNING: THIS ONE IS DEBUNKED PROPER
Bit of confusion with this one on my end, my apologies.
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425475867489280001?s=20 https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425479111670108168?s=20However...
An H
I REPEAT THIS HAS BEEN DEBUNKED.
EDIT 5,5:
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425479944948391942?s=20Twice over, flat-out denial, as opposed to acting oblivious.
EDIT 6 (E):
An E.
Well, there goes Springtrap. Oh well.
S A I R E
Hellraiser?
Is that a pin?
I can confirm the pin is NOT in-game, making it a potential hint.
EDIT 7 (H E L L)
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425879855472783363?s=20In the official DbD Discord, 4 audio clips were uploaded (which I can't upload to the forums):
Putting them in the correct order (4132) creates the survivor theme. When edited together, and putting it through a spectrogram we get:
H E L L
H E L L R A I S E r ?














Comments
surprised none of you saw this (assuming no one posted this
Everyone speaks about it in the whole thread.
I don’t think it was, but I suppose it’s better to keep it all in one spot anyway.
thats why i said "assuming" because why the hell would i read a thread with 6 sections with comments?
Is Candyman
I did read.
I wanna dream. 😭
But you're right, it's way easier.
So, summarising at 1:30am, we have:
S & I
Circus being spelled with two i’s resembling candles
Reverse AW on the ground with an S to make SAW.
WA-S (William Afton, aka Springtrap)
Springtrap in the background
Candyman in the background
Say it (S I), a Candyman quote, I believe?
Two clown emoji’s, hinting at IT (two clowns, Jeffrey and Pennywise, reinforced by the two i’s)
Candyman’s daughter (I forget her name, but it was I.S.)
Silent Hill; practically the entire chapter, somehow
I most likely missed some, but I am now going to bed.
I would rule out Saw because we already have him.
It is difficult to deduce who of these 3 can be the killer of this chapter, Springtrap or Candyman or Pennywise.
Can someone mess out the image on Photoshop?
Something I noticed is how some people claim to see Springtrap in the backround when you brighten the image, right? Well, often times in the old days of Fanf, Scott would hide things in his teasers and fans would brighten the image to see what he hid. Seems similar to me.
Like here, you can see Springtrap standing in the backround when you brighten the image up. (At the time, no one knew who he was since this was a teaser for Fanf 3.)
I don't know, I'm probably just reaching.
If so, Candyman is a fraud again.
Superman II... General Zod killer voiced by Terrance Stamp. The only thing that would make me wanna play this again probably. lol.
Leaked by datlight says pennywise. But most definitely the next killer is hinted to be a clown.
Also good catch on ace! Most likely a joke though.
That “leak”… Is that speculation?
I’m hesitant to just believe what a leaker says.
I bet BHVR are laughing there arses off at these x100 zoomed in pictures of a smokey ghost rabbit 🤣
Ever consider it could be teasing a map rework?
Crotus Prenn already was reworked in patch 4.5.0, the patch that also had Clown's jarate buffs and the infamous HUD overhaul.
Today, we have...
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425109733606821895?s=20It's written seven A in the tweet. (I don't know if it's that important, it could be randomly seven or... calculated seven.)
I don't think the number of letters is significant, but "SA" could be spelling something, or it could be an acronym.
This could line up with the theory of a slipknot dlc, it's their 7th album.
What name could we have now with SA? By name, I mean, someone's name or a city... If it's an acronym. I guess we will know better tomorrow if we have to wait for more letters.
SAI...
SIA?
ISA
Isabel Sullivan
the daughter of Daniel Robitaille
aka Candyman
Yeah but why? If it is Candyman, surely you'd use his own name, not his daughter's.
They posted an "A" recently
"Say his name." (Candyman)
Are we sure about the i? It could only be a way to show two candles, for an anniversary, someone's birthday which was this exact day... The two i were: two, kind of hidden contrary to the S and the A...
The S was kind of hidden behind a fire barrel but the letter was clear. While the two i were more kind of representation. (Sorry, it starts to be hard for me to explain correctly, I'm not an English native speaker. Hope it still makes sense.)
Not saying I agree with it, but they could do it to be more cryptic.
The seven "A" could probably refer to the length of the word we're looking for or could tell us which place the letter has to be placed in the word.
Same goes for the double clowns yesterday, they could have been a hint for the double "i" or they could refer to the spot the "i" has to be placed in the word were looking for.
Don't know how the first post fits there then though, but just as a theory.
Also is anyone else also seeing an "U" (or "V") in the bush over the fire barrel? The leaves do look like an "U" for me.
I'm not familiar with Candyman's lore... But if tomorrow we get an Y, it could lead to this.
Long story short, if you say his name five times in front of a mirror, you summon him. It was part of the tagline for the original film, something like "We dare you to say his name" or "We dare you to say Candyman". Y'know, stuff that sounds cheesy nowadays, but back then was meant to entice audiences.
I don't think the movie was popular in my country, I've never heard of it before I enter the DBD forums. But I see. I'm gonna do some researches because I've also heard about bees, which makes me curious.
The bees are also quite characteristic, yes.
You should do yourself a favor and watch the first film.
Okay, let’s look at this logically.
S is a letter in the alphabet.
Sesame Street is a show that kids watch to learn the alphabet.
The letter S is above a trash can. Therefore the next killer is --
Oscar the Grouch.
Makes perfect sense, and we all know Sesame Street has been the most requested license since the game launched. Oscar the Grouch for DbD!
OMG, Sia is the new survivor!
Welp if we get a R or a T it will be clear on who we are getting.
Agreed, there are way better licenses that are out there
The letter A is the new killer.
Does this A rule out Pennywise?
At this point, I have no idea.
Well a 'T' could also be crisscross spelling out
S A Y
I T
as per the new candyman poster
Maybe they also mean Deadlights, the power of Pennywise.
also why I said R
yes, but if the next letter's a T bets are still open
If the next letter's an R though, it could be
SAdako RIngu
McLean tweeted this dad joke today. Coincidence?
Holy crap you were right dude, the next Killer is a little anime shark girl XD
It looks like a bunny tbh. Leaning towards clown's cosmetic if anything
My options with that photo right now could be an animatronic, Legion's rabbit cosmetic, Huntress, or a rock with a crow. It is a mind game.
Now that I think about it... It 90% is a crow since the area below is obviously grey like all the other rocks and the crow is pitch black and it shows. rip