The Big Letter Scavenger Hunt and Theory Thread (The big teaser thread)
EDIT 8 (teaser trailer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbnJuaROV7sI shouldn't even need to point out the 19:87.
Current standing: R A I S E H E L L (or H E L L R A I S E r if you prefer)
Potentially could also include: R T
I'll update this thread when there are more suspicious tweets. I'll leave most of the thread as is, to keep it recognisable, though (and to be perfectly honest, cba to format something that’s gonna be irrelevant in a few weeks' time).
Please, to ensure you do not post theories that already have been discussed, read the whole thread. Saves us all a lot of time. Also, we don't want theory threads flooding the forum, so it would also be great if you could keep it all here in one place.
Also, please keep discussions about whether FNaF is a morally just addition out of here. Would be a damn shame if this thread got closed over that.
Without further ado...
OP (S):
A few minutes ago, DbD's Twitter just posted this:
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1424792642072858627?s=20That is quite unmistakably an S.
EDIT 1 (I):
At what I assume is the same time, this was also posted on other platforms:
https://www.facebook.com/DeadByDaylight/photos/a.961799927201913/4219025478145992/Notably, it seems Ace is trapped in a cage in the bottom left.
Also of note is that when comparing the board itself to how it appears in-game:
On the Facebook image, Circus is spelled with two i's -- Ciircus. In-game, that typo doesn't appear. It can also be said that the ii's vaguely resemble candles. Take that as you will.
EDIT 2 (A):
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425109733606821895?s=20Well.
Since some theories are being made around the amount of A's here, there's also
https://twitter.com/DeadbyBHVR_JP/status/1425109726661120011?s=20This is only 5 Japanese (I think) A's. A noteworthy difference. Perhaps it's a clue as well?
EDIT 3 (maaaaaybe RT):
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425158402314051586?s=20Almost immediately followed by:
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425159822002040833?s=20Are those 2 more letters? Or are they indeed just a Red Herring?
EDIT 4 (R):
DbD's Twitter's profile picture just changed:
Even if you didn't believe the "rt" thing, THAT is an R.
That makes:
S I A R (or S I A R R T)
Now having at the very least 1 R:
Candyman is already out
Isabel is out.
”Say it/my name” is out
Pennywise is already out
EDIT 5 (DECONFIRMED H):
WARNING: THIS ONE IS DEBUNKED PROPER
Bit of confusion with this one on my end, my apologies.
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425475867489280001?s=20 https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425479111670108168?s=20However...
An H
I REPEAT THIS HAS BEEN DEBUNKED.
EDIT 5,5:
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425479944948391942?s=20Twice over, flat-out denial, as opposed to acting oblivious.
EDIT 6 (E):
An E.
Well, there goes Springtrap. Oh well.
S A I R E
Hellraiser?
Is that a pin?
I can confirm the pin is NOT in-game, making it a potential hint.
EDIT 7 (H E L L)
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425879855472783363?s=20In the official DbD Discord, 4 audio clips were uploaded (which I can't upload to the forums):
Putting them in the correct order (4132) creates the survivor theme. When edited together, and putting it through a spectrogram we get:
H E L L
H E L L R A I S E r ?














Comments
So if we wanna do a really hard tinfoil hat theory here, since I know it was brought up in the thread.
There's seven 'A's in the one post. There's also a total of six phantoms, and obviously Springtrap themselves as the only animatronic in FNAF3, with the others moreso just there to get in your way and make things a bit harder, but 7 overall.
Don't think it means anything, but I figured I'd point it out here. (I know you could technically count the characters in the sprite minigames, but I chose not to as those do not effect your nights like the seven do.)
The Japanese DBD Twitter posted five A, not seven as the English one. I don't know if the number is relevant.
I honestly don't think it is, but I figured I'd point it out anyways.
I welcome every piece of thought and theory. This is so exciting to try to point out every detail.
my brain is broken
Am I the only one to think Red Herring is a reference to Fnaf 3
Red Herring is used to lure the killer away by making a noise notification on a gen when going into a locker.
In Fnaf 3 we use laughter sounds to lure away Springtrap throughout the building.
Um, why?
That is an amazing theory !
If it does turn out to be everyone's favorite bunny man, I know exactly how frothingly furious some people are going to get.
And let me just say
I am all here for it.
The only thing that keeps on making me think it's not Fnaf is that Scott said there wouldnt be any crossovers this year, but I guess he has always been very "sneaky" with everything he creates.
People were already furious about Trickster. I'm expecting everyone to be furious each time because: it doesn't fit my personal taste/vision of the game, I don't like X license, it doesn't look like the character from the license, power's weak...
so in short: no. if it's fnaf, I'm uninstalling.
Oh I know, but the Springtrap fury train would be a whole other monster entirely.
Has Scott expressed actual bigotry? I know he's donated massive amounts of money to people who have, which is arguably just as bad, but I don't remember Scott himself actually expressing that sort of thing.
Just gonna nip this in the bud real quick.
Mm yes, robot bunny from horror game series has been added to Dead by Daylight.
Time to begin the oppression.
Then I'll grab popcorn. But we still have time before to discover who is the next Killer.
i believe the links have been posted elsewhere. also, you don't donate to someone, especially not politician you 'think can and should run the country' if you don't agree with their stances on these matters.
Stop feeding the troll, please. Let us have one thread for hilarious tinfoil theories.
On that note, do you guys think that folks at Behaviour read these threads during their lunch breaks to have a laugh? I know I would, because the thought of Springtrap on that one image being just an accidental positioning of crows and rocks is beyond funny, given how much attention it has gotten.
I think most of them probably do not care what we think, because it's a job, not a hobby.
Also, everyone speaks about the crow/rabbit, while I didn't see a single screenshot proving the crow is in game. I didn't have the chance to get the map yet.
I think DbD’s Twitter profile picture just changed.
Not me overanalysing the weekly shrine tweet and suddenly noticing this.
Thoughts? Might be completely meaningless.
R.
Where??
in the pfp
If you click on the profile pic to see whole thing.
Not on mobile, I’m afraid. I’m not at my PC right now.
Well, well, well…
S I A R T R
For the “rt” sceptics, this is undeniably an R.
Candyman is long out
Isabel is out.
”Say it/my name” is out
Pennywise is long out
HMM….
You could also debunk Spiral, as it only released in May this year and I don't think they can create a killer in 3 months.
Plus, we already have a Saw chapter and it'd be bad marketing.
I'm on my phone, that's how I got the pic. It worked for me through Twitter app.
I'm starting to think the whole "it's only licensed killer" leak is like the Trickster chapter being lgbt leak.
What if it's actually an original chapter with killer and survivor and it's spelling out the chapter name but no one will guess it because focusing on licenses. 😂
I actually think RT was a Red Herring. I wouldn't take them into account.
For me, it's SIAR for now. The addition of the R, if it's a way to spell the name of the character, still gives me Springtrap vibes. I'm not a fan of FNaF, I'm not trying to fit it absolutely. I do think it has chances to be it, especially after reading the other thread where the OP spoke about Ace's outfit (which the colour of it could be related to Springtrap).
But I'm only following the theories I find the most logic.
Too bad, if it's true, Behavior is wasting a good opportunity with Candyman.
If it's not Candyman now... It might come later! We still need more hints to start to feel sure about one theory... I can't wait for more Twitter hints.
I'd be happy as well. I don't mind the chapter being original/licensed.
The cryptic hints could fit a fnaf chapter in the sense that fnaf is already kinda cryptic with its story, and these looking outside the box type of hints are kinda in the same vein as the games.
Keep in mind this might not be the name of the killer. It could be a phrase, location, ability, anything really.
Edit* The "i" is suspicious as well. S, A, & R have all been single letters that stand out on their own. The "i" was part of a sign and much more cryptic.
Sanity? I don't even know her!
So, today's hint was the R on the profile picture? Or can we hope for more to come? 🙈
I'm guessing they maybe are removing some breakable walls because they're not really working out as well as they hoped. Or there were some bugs on that map that were game breaking like areas survivors could go that killers couldn't or players getting stuck in a spot so they're fixing it - this possibly most likely since many tell them to disable maps until they fix some specific bugs.
This H was found on the Dead Dawg Tweet
Could you point out where on the picture this was found? I don't see it.
Between the L and the O on CLOSED.
you posted the picture. Zoom in between the L and O on "closed"
I see another very similar-looking thing just behind the S. Gonna have to check this one out in-game as well.
Edit: I'm dumb.
Update:
So I was thinking about this image. There are 2 clowns in the tweet, and "ii" is another was to say "2".
Why do I get the feeling that clarification was meant for me specifically...
DAMNIT
they're playing with us
lol
Ok so this is fun and all but does anyone know when the chapter reveal will happen.
I'm so curious.