The Big Letter Scavenger Hunt and Theory Thread (The big teaser thread)
EDIT 8 (teaser trailer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbnJuaROV7sI shouldn't even need to point out the 19:87.
Current standing: R A I S E H E L L (or H E L L R A I S E r if you prefer)
Potentially could also include: R T
I'll update this thread when there are more suspicious tweets. I'll leave most of the thread as is, to keep it recognisable, though (and to be perfectly honest, cba to format something that’s gonna be irrelevant in a few weeks' time).
Please, to ensure you do not post theories that already have been discussed, read the whole thread. Saves us all a lot of time. Also, we don't want theory threads flooding the forum, so it would also be great if you could keep it all here in one place.
Also, please keep discussions about whether FNaF is a morally just addition out of here. Would be a damn shame if this thread got closed over that.
Without further ado...
OP (S):
A few minutes ago, DbD's Twitter just posted this:
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1424792642072858627?s=20That is quite unmistakably an S.
EDIT 1 (I):
At what I assume is the same time, this was also posted on other platforms:
https://www.facebook.com/DeadByDaylight/photos/a.961799927201913/4219025478145992/Notably, it seems Ace is trapped in a cage in the bottom left.
Also of note is that when comparing the board itself to how it appears in-game:
On the Facebook image, Circus is spelled with two i's -- Ciircus. In-game, that typo doesn't appear. It can also be said that the ii's vaguely resemble candles. Take that as you will.
EDIT 2 (A):
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425109733606821895?s=20Well.
Since some theories are being made around the amount of A's here, there's also
https://twitter.com/DeadbyBHVR_JP/status/1425109726661120011?s=20This is only 5 Japanese (I think) A's. A noteworthy difference. Perhaps it's a clue as well?
EDIT 3 (maaaaaybe RT):
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425158402314051586?s=20Almost immediately followed by:
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425159822002040833?s=20Are those 2 more letters? Or are they indeed just a Red Herring?
EDIT 4 (R):
DbD's Twitter's profile picture just changed:
Even if you didn't believe the "rt" thing, THAT is an R.
That makes:
S I A R (or S I A R R T)
Now having at the very least 1 R:
Candyman is already out
Isabel is out.
”Say it/my name” is out
Pennywise is already out
EDIT 5 (DECONFIRMED H):
WARNING: THIS ONE IS DEBUNKED PROPER
Bit of confusion with this one on my end, my apologies.
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425475867489280001?s=20 https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425479111670108168?s=20However...
An H
I REPEAT THIS HAS BEEN DEBUNKED.
EDIT 5,5:
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425479944948391942?s=20Twice over, flat-out denial, as opposed to acting oblivious.
EDIT 6 (E):
An E.
Well, there goes Springtrap. Oh well.
S A I R E
Hellraiser?
Is that a pin?
I can confirm the pin is NOT in-game, making it a potential hint.
EDIT 7 (H E L L)
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425879855472783363?s=20In the official DbD Discord, 4 audio clips were uploaded (which I can't upload to the forums):
Putting them in the correct order (4132) creates the survivor theme. When edited together, and putting it through a spectrogram we get:
H E L L
H E L L R A I S E r ?














Comments
So the 2 i in the cirucs image could have been 2 L, high cased i look like lower case L and could be the two L of HeIIraiser.
Hellraiser (with L) HeIIraiser (with i) do you see a difference ? i don't except the two are more spaced
from russian it translates like
"This wheel could be the star of the program! Can you hit the cEnter?"
(i'm bad at english, so, instead of "star" there should be this thing. i just don't know how to name it properly on english, google can't fully help me)
how to name it properly? pin?
Basically same situation.
I can still say its "I am still here" or "I always come back".
Just because that situation change does not mean I can use it for Springtrap.
Sure, you can say whatever you want, but they're different situations. I was saying it could be Candyman because the letters seemed to be spelling something. I then abandoned the notion because the letters were clearly not spelling anything. You're saying it could be Springtrap for some other reason.
Saying it could be Springtrap since all letters fit in and plus people using letters to spell Hellraiser so why is that different?
I am still here
or
I always come back
Okay here I go with a big ridiculous guess.
We have:
S I R T A H and E
What if bhvr is being major trolls and they are spelling:
Shirtless
Shirtless Myers confirmed! Praise the entity!
Brightened image of Finish the Build
I don't see anything
I've seen comments also referring to Spiral, but I don't understand, why do they want Spiral if we have Saw? it's useless.
It's Pinhead.
The letters are spelling out Hellraiser.
They added a screw/pin to the target wheel when it's not there in-game.
All the teaser images take place on the Chapel map and Pinhead's official name is Hell Priest.
Ace in the cage is meant to represent Frank Cotton being trapped in hell. Frank like Ace is a gambler, ladies man, and all around scumbag.
The top image is how it looks in-game. The bottom is how it looked in the letter E tease:
Ok this.
Bit low res since had the pic brightened by a friend since have no way to do it
The S was on Disturbed Ward, and the H on Dead Dawg. I'd say that the priest thing may be a stretch, but it's plausible otherwise.
The H was not a tease and they even confirmed it in a twitter reply. Though you are right with the letter S.
Dunno man,
meh
Ah, might have been just a app that accidentally altered it when brightened up
I still don't know what I am supposed to be seeing
Was supposed to be a Freddy or Bonnie head I guess, but think was a visual bug when brightening the picture which gave the illusion of it
Can you explain? I don't see anything. I don't know FNaF, Candyman nor Hellraiser, so nothing jumps to my eyes here...
Was a mistake, gotta have a certain brightness setting and guess a certain app.
Had a friend did it and they got that result, I did it and did not get a good result.
Guess brightness on dbd pics don't do a good job revealing secrets.
was supposed to be a Freddy head in the corner but idk anymore.
Scrabble solver for the letters SIARE:
ARISE
RAISE
Adding additional letters to any scrabble solver could be helpful...
SIARERT: TARRIES
SIARERH: HARRIES
SIARERTH: TRASHIER
@GentlemanFridge
"HARRIES" and "TRASHIER" made me chuckle. Arise or Raise seems far more plausible, if we are going with Pinhead, that is.
Freddy is the one with a hat? Well, I thought it's be weird to show another character instead of the Killer.
I don't know what to think now. People were sure it was FNaF, now it's Hellraiser... I'm lost.
Give or guess more letters, plug into anagram solvers
Ez Pz
Not as DLC. Saying the letters are making code for something like a cosmetic as further saw spiral promo but they're using it to mess with people trying to guess next chapter.
If we include the R T and H
I am going with SHIRTLESS 😎
Shirtless A?
Shirtless Anna?
Shirtless Ace?
Shirtless Adam?
Shirtless Ashley J. WIlliams?
Merry Christmas, because NO-L
lemayo tho another shirtless killer
Pray for an L!
Hellraiser or Shirtless... someone!
Win win at this point ^^
Shirtless trickster, shirtless triangle face, shirtless david...pantless Myers...
Is it just me or are we due for some female representation? No disrespect intended.
Well thought it was a hint that Springtrap is gonna be the killer since showing a picture of Freddy aka bear with top hat is the main animatronic used in the pizzeria because its called "Freddy Fazbears Pizza".
Plus only character in Fnaf that would work as a killer is Springtrap since he is the only killer in the series.
Also people are saying Hell raiser cause a H was shown in a pic that was confirmed by Twitter guy to not be a clue and we got a E on a japan dbd pic.
I still think we are gonna get a Springtrap puzzle or a quote that says "I am still here" or "I always come back"
So what letters do we still need to confirm anything?
...Though come to think of it, they most likely won't give us the decisive letter until the actual reveal.
A "T" would likely shut Hellrasier and Pinhead down.
I'm still not convinced about showing another character. Like, if they shown James Sunderland and added Heather Mason instead for Silent Hill, because PH is from Silent Hill 2 (as James) and Heather from Silent Hill 3.
I'm not convinced either the H is a hint. Contrary to the other letters, this one was hidden and not that clear. But if the H is a hint, it doesn't work with "I always come back" as there is no H. It does with "I'm still here" tho.
A sentence seems a bit too long to spell out with one letter a day, and a name seems too obvious at this point... It could be something else.
Yeah true, also H is most likely not a hint since too hidden compared to the other letters.
I still think its gonna spell "Fazbear Fright's" or "I am still here" with an official H
first quote might be too long but "I am still here" just needs a H, M, and L to make the complete quote which is 3 days.
I'm just gonna quote Orion here:
"Seven "A" letters were posted when we got that letter. I thought this was just a random curiosity, since, on the Japanese Twitter, they only used 5 characters. However, according to Google Translate, the Japanese transliteration of "Pinhead" (which, you'll note, has seven letters) uses five characters."
Gotta say, that sounds very plausible.
(I've also updated OP again to remove most of my own speculation so that there's less misinformation.)
What about the pin then?
You convinced me a bit more with the fact we only miss three letters, but let's see what hint we will have tomorrow.
Maybe my info is outdated but, isn't the Hellraiser franchise in kind of the same court battle as the F13 one? Clive is trying to get the full rights back from whatever studio owns those rights but they won't budge? Like I said though, that could be outdated at this point.
Tbh I am just hoping for Springtrap but I will wait for more clues.
I've done a quick research. I've read on a French website that Barker will get back the rights in december 2021.
Hmmm, I'm still wondering then if that means they're still "working things out" and it's on ice atm or is it technically "done" and he can do what he pleases with it?
Thanks for the answer btw. :)
I'm wondering too. I know nothing about rights and coptrights, but it seems weird to sign a contract if the rights are going to be owned by someone else soon.
We'll see!
Yeah, that's the biggest hole in the Hellraiser theory right now, I guess MAYBE BHVR just wanted to get the IP as quick as possible before the rights turnover? Then again, we would you want to run the risk of having him possibly either say "hey, give me more money for allowing Hellraiser to stay in DBD." or "hey, I don't want this in the game anymore, take it out"? No matter what, yup, you're right, we'll see!
I haven't seen anyone post a picture or video of it yet but the "H" really has been there the entire time. It still could be a letter and they're just lying but the letter itself has always been there.
We still have the "RAISE"
And an L would push out springtrap
Is this related to the TL wall somehow?
We sure do. Along with the Pin/Nail in that other picture I'm hopeful for it to be Pinhead. I just wanted to point out the "H" really was there since I haven't seen anyone else post screenshots of it yet and the DBD twitter guy could have been messing around otherwise.
I'd say that wouldn't rule him out. "I'll always come back." and "I'm still here." are common quotes from Springtrap.
New Theory!
Sair in portugese means "GO OUT" or something like that.
There's a horror movie called "GET OUT" which is similar.
So the killer is clearly the villain from that movie.
No R's there in the first phrase and no A's in the second phrase, so that's not much of an argument just sayin