The Big Letter Scavenger Hunt and Theory Thread (The big teaser thread)
EDIT 8 (teaser trailer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbnJuaROV7sI shouldn't even need to point out the 19:87.
Current standing: R A I S E H E L L (or H E L L R A I S E r if you prefer)
Potentially could also include: R T
I'll update this thread when there are more suspicious tweets. I'll leave most of the thread as is, to keep it recognisable, though (and to be perfectly honest, cba to format something that’s gonna be irrelevant in a few weeks' time).
Please, to ensure you do not post theories that already have been discussed, read the whole thread. Saves us all a lot of time. Also, we don't want theory threads flooding the forum, so it would also be great if you could keep it all here in one place.
Also, please keep discussions about whether FNaF is a morally just addition out of here. Would be a damn shame if this thread got closed over that.
Without further ado...
OP (S):
A few minutes ago, DbD's Twitter just posted this:
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1424792642072858627?s=20That is quite unmistakably an S.
EDIT 1 (I):
At what I assume is the same time, this was also posted on other platforms:
https://www.facebook.com/DeadByDaylight/photos/a.961799927201913/4219025478145992/Notably, it seems Ace is trapped in a cage in the bottom left.
Also of note is that when comparing the board itself to how it appears in-game:
On the Facebook image, Circus is spelled with two i's -- Ciircus. In-game, that typo doesn't appear. It can also be said that the ii's vaguely resemble candles. Take that as you will.
EDIT 2 (A):
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425109733606821895?s=20Well.
Since some theories are being made around the amount of A's here, there's also
https://twitter.com/DeadbyBHVR_JP/status/1425109726661120011?s=20This is only 5 Japanese (I think) A's. A noteworthy difference. Perhaps it's a clue as well?
EDIT 3 (maaaaaybe RT):
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425158402314051586?s=20Almost immediately followed by:
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425159822002040833?s=20Are those 2 more letters? Or are they indeed just a Red Herring?
EDIT 4 (R):
DbD's Twitter's profile picture just changed:
Even if you didn't believe the "rt" thing, THAT is an R.
That makes:
S I A R (or S I A R R T)
Now having at the very least 1 R:
Candyman is already out
Isabel is out.
”Say it/my name” is out
Pennywise is already out
EDIT 5 (DECONFIRMED H):
WARNING: THIS ONE IS DEBUNKED PROPER
Bit of confusion with this one on my end, my apologies.
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425475867489280001?s=20 https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425479111670108168?s=20However...
An H
I REPEAT THIS HAS BEEN DEBUNKED.
EDIT 5,5:
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425479944948391942?s=20Twice over, flat-out denial, as opposed to acting oblivious.
EDIT 6 (E):
An E.
Well, there goes Springtrap. Oh well.
S A I R E
Hellraiser?
Is that a pin?
I can confirm the pin is NOT in-game, making it a potential hint.
EDIT 7 (H E L L)
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425879855472783363?s=20In the official DbD Discord, 4 audio clips were uploaded (which I can't upload to the forums):
Putting them in the correct order (4132) creates the survivor theme. When edited together, and putting it through a spectrogram we get:
H E L L
H E L L R A I S E r ?














Comments
I loved the movie. The main actor was so good.
Nothing really of note here, besides this at the very end:
I'll preface this by saying there's an equal chance it's nothing at all.
However, it could be a V or maybe even an L.
It's nothing, it's just the Trapper's outfit.
Yeah that's just the buckle
You're most likely right, but I figured I'd mention it anyway since this was posted around the same time the others were (5pm CEST)
Thoughts?
Probably wrong 😅
Looked like Medusa to me
I see a kind of cute dog, like Isabel from Animal Crossing. Jeez, I need to sleep. 😅
Great movie, but who would be the killer be and how would the powers work?
I do love to see chris washington as a survivor though.
That's just the patch he has to hole his overalls up
That is weird but we allready have an E
Maybe the little e (I mean, not capitalized, I have no idea how to tell in English) wasn't enough visible and they went with a capital instead.
Hey behind the dog anyone else see something I cant make it out
Also dose the shirt have those lines in game
Here I inverted the colors maybe it helps
Gonna be honest, I have no idea with this one.
....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0YLt4dcx8wThe lines are the ones tied to the dog. Nothing to see.
I would be more willing to read hard into the fact it's 8 8th notes if not for the fact Twitter only has two musical note emojis. But then again, does 8 8 mean anything to anyone?
Someone said on another thread that there is four audio files on Discord.
The rights issues for Hellraiser weren't as messy because Clive wrote the book so couldn't argue about who owned the character/story. Pretty much was quick in/out court case. In December 2020 he won the rights and officially will have it turned back over in December 2021. BEFORE he even won the rights there was already a Hellraiser movie AND an HBO TV series in the works, the TV series even put Clive on as executive producer before he won the case in December. If rights issues were questionable the wouldn't have movie in the works and HBO wouldn't have risked starting production and naming Clive as executive producer.
There are, in the announcements. I can't upload them to the forums however.
They're audio clips of the main survivor theme, lasting less than a second. Most likely indicating specific notes. Hint at a specific theme, most likely.
DBD theme "dun dun dun dun"
All I remember from music classes in school is that... Those are 2 linked... eighths... I think...? So 8 8ths would mean a full note.
Don't take my word, I don't know anything about music.
Do you think they could be run under a sound spectrum like how tricksters theme spelled scream in it
Go to Discord people, I can't help with this one.
Ok but before anything, there are 4 cenobites. Another hint for Hellraiser.
Also the 4 main characters from FNaF. Bandmembers, too.
Also, that reminds me, not sure if this has been mentioned, the Devs have said something about a unique hooking animation/interaction for a Killer in the past, yes?
Hooks play a rather important role in the Hellraiser franchise, often utilized to hold the victim in place, or simply for torture. A bit of a stretch, I know, but it's definitely worth mentioning.
After merging audio files from teaser in correct order and using spectrogram it spells word "HELL".
Soo from this its ; H E L L Our other clues are ; I S A R E Re-arrange them and you get ; H E L L R A I S E
The new Killer is Hellraiser
*source Leak Twitter*
The word HELL appeared in the spectrogram with the last audio teaser.
Ooh, this is where I can actually help.
First clip: C. Specifically C3 on a keyboard.
Second Clip: A#/Bb below C3.
Third Clip: I'm struggling a little bit but I think it's C#/Db above C3.
Fourth Clip: C#/Db again, with a brief dip to I think the octave below it? I don't have perfect pitch, just relative pitch and the low note is so fast I'm struggling to keep it in my head.
Edit: well crap, just saw the wave files. And here I thought I was being helpful :'(
So, the audio has already been transcribed and pieced together, it spells out “HELL”…
This what the files look like when arranged as 4,1,3,2
So, we now have two words that we can put together, “RAISE HELL.” So, yeah, this basically 99.9% confirms Hellraiser which, personally, couldn’t care less but, as I always say, to all the people who want it, congratulations, I’m happy for you. :)
8 8th notes is a full measure
We had 7 A's in US (7 is symbol for perfection)
We had 5 A's in Japan (5 represents a complete set)
So i think its another reference to completion or perfection.
I don't think its musical related since we had All Kill chapter.
So I'm thinking the symbolic route of full measures, completion and perfection is more likely. Even this whole scavenger hunt is tedious (R was hidden in profile picture once you opened it, S/E were hidden, 2 i's in Circus). This tedious hunt will result in a killer
Makes me think Hellraiser because you have to figure out the box/cube and your prize? Hellraiser.
So we have have Hell + a bunch of other letters…would we add Hell to those or?
Yup, and in Lore William Afton is in hell so could still mean either Springtrap or Pin head
What if yellow glyphs are practice for Hellraiser puzzle box?
So we have...
1) RAISER spelled from the letter hunt
2) HELL spelled by the spectrogram of 4 audio files given by the devs
3) 4 audio files, the number of cenobites (as far as I know, all the cenobites are the same power level and importance, Pinhead is just more known)
5) Pin on the wheel
6) Caged Ace
It is Springtrap people comme on...
Ah, if you do you get Hellraise…I guess it’s solved if it isn’t a Red Herring
Ladies and gentlemen and all those that identify otherwise, we have got ourselves a damn near confirmed solution.
R A I S E H E L L
H E L L R A I S E r
So, it looks like it's petty much confirmed at this point that Hellraiser is the next chapter.
Well, F in the chat for everyone who wanted Springtrap and Candyman. Looks like you're gonna have to keep on waiting.
Something else I caught on about those audio files. The letters we got so far is I S A R E, right?
Could that also be hinting at Dies Irae? A classic musical piece that the producers used in the shining. And then later on also inspired DBD's theme? I'm not saying the next chapter could be The Shining, it's just a thought I had.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D76vyuiMgg0I would agree that as a possibility but wi the find of the audio files probably not
It could be with the lawsute that was going on but it could be legit also
So.. does it make sense that Hellraiser would be killer only?
Not entirely if they go with the old ones they could take one of the victims that was tortured
It could be Spelling Five Nights At Freddy's.
Hey, I just wanted to give another possible update to this. McLean announced on his twitter that there's going to be a announcement on his stream at 9pm eastern time. This might be just something in his personal life but it could ALSO be something with the upcoming release. We'll see at 9 though. :)
If it’s at all relevant, do share your findings here!
Speaking of McLean, wonder what the deal was with that Canada tweet. Was that just a dad joke after all?
Knowing McLean, yeah, it was absolutely a dad joke! lol
Looking forward to what the possible announcement could be though, personally leaning on the side that it's just something personal on his behalf but, who knows?
Also, just as a offhand thing, thank you for keeping this megathread alive. I REALLY think there should be more megathreads in general on the forums. It helps keep things so much cleaner. :)