The Big Letter Scavenger Hunt and Theory Thread (The big teaser thread)
EDIT 8 (teaser trailer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbnJuaROV7sI shouldn't even need to point out the 19:87.
Current standing: R A I S E H E L L (or H E L L R A I S E r if you prefer)
Potentially could also include: R T
I'll update this thread when there are more suspicious tweets. I'll leave most of the thread as is, to keep it recognisable, though (and to be perfectly honest, cba to format something that’s gonna be irrelevant in a few weeks' time).
Please, to ensure you do not post theories that already have been discussed, read the whole thread. Saves us all a lot of time. Also, we don't want theory threads flooding the forum, so it would also be great if you could keep it all here in one place.
Also, please keep discussions about whether FNaF is a morally just addition out of here. Would be a damn shame if this thread got closed over that.
Without further ado...
OP (S):
A few minutes ago, DbD's Twitter just posted this:
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1424792642072858627?s=20That is quite unmistakably an S.
EDIT 1 (I):
At what I assume is the same time, this was also posted on other platforms:
https://www.facebook.com/DeadByDaylight/photos/a.961799927201913/4219025478145992/Notably, it seems Ace is trapped in a cage in the bottom left.
Also of note is that when comparing the board itself to how it appears in-game:
On the Facebook image, Circus is spelled with two i's -- Ciircus. In-game, that typo doesn't appear. It can also be said that the ii's vaguely resemble candles. Take that as you will.
EDIT 2 (A):
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425109733606821895?s=20Well.
Since some theories are being made around the amount of A's here, there's also
https://twitter.com/DeadbyBHVR_JP/status/1425109726661120011?s=20This is only 5 Japanese (I think) A's. A noteworthy difference. Perhaps it's a clue as well?
EDIT 3 (maaaaaybe RT):
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425158402314051586?s=20Almost immediately followed by:
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425159822002040833?s=20Are those 2 more letters? Or are they indeed just a Red Herring?
EDIT 4 (R):
DbD's Twitter's profile picture just changed:
Even if you didn't believe the "rt" thing, THAT is an R.
That makes:
S I A R (or S I A R R T)
Now having at the very least 1 R:
Candyman is already out
Isabel is out.
”Say it/my name” is out
Pennywise is already out
EDIT 5 (DECONFIRMED H):
WARNING: THIS ONE IS DEBUNKED PROPER
Bit of confusion with this one on my end, my apologies.
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425475867489280001?s=20 https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425479111670108168?s=20However...
An H
I REPEAT THIS HAS BEEN DEBUNKED.
EDIT 5,5:
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425479944948391942?s=20Twice over, flat-out denial, as opposed to acting oblivious.
EDIT 6 (E):
An E.
Well, there goes Springtrap. Oh well.
S A I R E
Hellraiser?
Is that a pin?
I can confirm the pin is NOT in-game, making it a potential hint.
EDIT 7 (H E L L)
https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1425879855472783363?s=20In the official DbD Discord, 4 audio clips were uploaded (which I can't upload to the forums):
Putting them in the correct order (4132) creates the survivor theme. When edited together, and putting it through a spectrogram we get:
H E L L
H E L L R A I S E r ?














Comments
Well, it seems the announcement wasn’t chapter related unfortunately. I still think we have a good idea nonetheless
Ah, well, I felt like I was partially responsible for reporting on the scavenger hunt ever since I made the thread. I normally don't get that involved with the teasers, but since nobody had made a thread on the initial S, I thought it'd be nice to at the very least inform the forums about it. Had I known it would get to a whopping 16 pages, I would've done things a little differently from the start. It was a lot of fun though.
That said, we're not there yet.
Hm.
(TIL Peanits partially mans the DbD Twitter. If you're reading this, just know you could literally post anything and I'd stare at it for hours.)
They're mocking us. How Rude
We found that Pin on the wheel too, maybe there's other stuff in past images maybe?
Ace in the cage on the Ciircus picture, and the now-infamous silhouette on the S picture.
Maybe you can find something in the A picture?
I dont think there’s anything special in the A picture. However, there may be something else in the S picture
There's that weird thing that looks like a face on the right hand side
True I thought I saw something behind the dog shirt for cluadet but I'm not sure
Tell me if you see anything
The more I look at it I see a plushie
I inverted it to make it easier to see
ALARM!
OOOH, big teaser on the YT Channel. So it’s an old VHS player hooked to an old TV. The screen is on static with SLP is the bottom left corner, Play in the top right, and 1987 in the top right.
Also, I thought they didn’t do teasers for licensed chapters? Is this maybe original and we’ve been Red Herringed
Hellraiser was released in 1987. I can't make out the images yet. (In before "the bite of '87")
GAH
Is that an eye?
There’s also this weird red blob that blinks on and off throughout the static. I’d send a picture, but my device is being weird
It seems to be an explosion of red dye or something?
That's from teaser
That's from when Kirsty solves puzzle box.
Kinda look like same TV too.
Also Hellraiser released in 1987.
Like I said in the other thread, that’s definitely the same flower. Glad you took that screenshot
In case anyone is interested here's the Hellraiser scene.
https://youtu.be/2L47JwR9vDsI've seen first Hellraiser so many times, the moment I saw that in the teaser I was like "I know that flower!" 😂
I think one of DBD Asian YouTube pages just settled it. 😂
https://twitter.com/PaulieEsther1/status/1426230621475647494?s=19