So survivors shouldn't be allowed to RUN now???

I've really seen it all now! Killers who are complaining about when survivors "hold W"? Seriously???

And the fact that it's being called a "meta"? BAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA ROTFLMAO

Last time I checked movement was a pretty universal game mechanic. So. . . I guess that makes it meta?

Killer mains these days are something else. And all this time I thought survivors were the ones with all the petty complaints.

P.S. I play both sides and I just have fun. Maybe try not taking the game so seriously people?

Comments

  • Nerf running. Add an endurance bar.

  • @Jago said:

    Nerf running. Add an endurance bar.

    Better yet, base kit running causes the exhausted status for 30s. Survivors can no longer drop pallets while exhausted.

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313684#Comment_2313684

    Better yet, base kit running causes the exhausted status for 30s. Survivors can no longer drop pallets while exhausted.

    Yooo that's even better ! Should be exposed for running for 5 seconds aswell.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313593#Comment_2313593

    Uhh I’m a Pyramid Head main, I’m not complaining about anything. I’m just stating the facts. I very rarely play survivor because you need a SWF to have fun as survivor these days and I prefer solo Q.

    If I’m playing on point you are not looping me very long. We get to a window, I put the sword in the ground. You take the window, you get hit. You fake it, I bodyblock the window while canceling the M2 into an M1. There’s no real input from the survivors half the time. So why would they want to try and loop me instead of just physically getting as much distance as possible?

    You are saying “ooo killer should be rewarded with uncounterable hits because they can aim” when most people playing this game probably play tons of FPSs as well.

    First, don't put quoted words in my mouth. I know what I said and how I said as it's there in plain text for everyone to see.

    Second, you are trying to pose a strawman of me arguing that people should try and loop you and responding to that. I never once said anything about what people should or should not do. I stated that the killers' you named techniques that could be dodged, but if the person playing the killer is skillful they are going to limit your options and you're most likely getting hit.

    Third, you keep saying these things are uncounterable, but as you said, making distance is the smart play. That's the counter, hun. People conflate counterplay with the concept of fully negating it in DBD and I don't understand why. Most counters in any game made decently enough are rarely full negations of what happens. When something is fully negated it usually comes at a cost somewhere else in the resource stack. Now you may not mean that and if you don't then it would be helpful for both of us if you'd elaborate on your thoughts on what you mean by uncounterable.

    I can only work off either what you directly state or what the general responses in this thread and others on the same topic have presented. I also know that the forums are a vocal minority in terms of actual player base thoughts.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313671#Comment_2313671

    First, don't put quoted words in my mouth. I know what I said and how I said as it's there in plain text for everyone to see.

    Second, you are trying to pose a strawman of me arguing that people should try and loop you and responding to that. I never once said anything about what people should or should not do. I stated that the killers' you named techniques that could be dodged, but if the person playing the killer is skillful they are going to limit your options and you're most likely getting hit.

    Third, you keep saying these things are uncounterable, but as you said, making distance is the smart play. That's the counter, hun. People conflate counterplay with the concept of fully negating it in DBD and I don't understand why. Most counters in any game made decently enough are rarely full negations of what happens. When something is fully negated it usually comes at a cost somewhere else in the resource stack. Now you may not mean that and if you don't then it would be helpful for both of us if you'd elaborate on your thoughts on what you mean by uncounterable.

    I can only work off either what you directly state or what the general responses in this thread and others on the same topic have presented. I also know that the forums are a vocal minority in terms of actual player base thoughts.

    So people can stop complaining about it then. And accept that maybe they are not god gamers deserving of a 4K every game but that the game is a state heavily favoring killers outside of SWFs.

  • Nobody is saying you shouldn't be allowed to hold W. It's just stupid that it's the most effective way of wasting the killer's time.

  • This is why I play blight. Survs can't hold w and thereefore I almost always get survs that play tiles. Way more fun!

  • You need to be next to a hook and sit there.

  • @Red_Beard said:

    The three survivor play styles are looping, predrop and shift w, and stealth. There are complaints about all of these. The best thing you can do is learn all three and use the best one depending on the killer you get. If you struggle with one more than the others, bring perks to help.

    There are killers to counter all of these. If you are a killer player and struggle against a particular style, bring perks to help or play a killer that does better against that style.

    Here's the problem with your logic.

    Some killers aren't equipped to deal with certain playstyles and you can't fully rely on perks to do it all.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313502#Comment_2313502

    Here's the problem with your logic.

    Some killers aren't equipped to deal with certain playstyles and you can't fully rely on perks to do it all.

    Yes. Different killers have different counters. Welcome to dbd.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313490#Comment_2313490

    Well, I never told anyone to stop looping and adapt when facing Deathslinger.

    Therefore I shouldn't have to deal with survivors holding W and pre dropping every single pallet.

    Folks DO realize that one reason pallets get "pre-dropped" now is as a reaction to Killers having adapted to pallet gameplay, right? Killers will go out of their way to not be pallet-stunned, to the point where there are these ridiculous "going back and forth in half circles" by the survivor and Killer because the Killer refuses to go through the pallet drop area (that's not a criticism, by the way - it's just a statement of fact, and is logical from the Killer point of view). So why NOT drop the pallet as soon as you run through, particularly if it means the Killer has to lose time either breaking or diverting around? It's logical tactics from the survivor point of view.

    Honestly, all of this gets back to something I posted in the feedback forum, about how pallets are becoming less useful, full stop. Killers avoid getting stunned, ranged Killers simply attack over them... survivors, knowing now that like as not, the Killer isn't going to risk a stun, might as well drop the pallet behind them and keep running.

  • @Starshadw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313500#Comment_2313500

    Folks DO realize that one reason pallets get "pre-dropped" now is as a reaction to Killers having adapted to pallet gameplay, right? Killers will go out of their way to not be pallet-stunned, to the point where there are these ridiculous "going back and forth in half circles" by the survivor and Killer because the Killer refuses to go through the pallet drop area (that's not a criticism, by the way - it's just a statement of fact, and is logical from the Killer point of view). So why NOT drop the pallet as soon as you run through, particularly if it means the Killer has to lose time either breaking or diverting around? It's logical tactics from the survivor point of view.

    Honestly, all of this gets back to something I posted in the feedback forum, about how pallets are becoming less useful, full stop. Killers avoid getting stunned, ranged Killers simply attack over them... survivors, knowing now that like as not, the Killer isn't going to risk a stun, might as well drop the pallet behind them and keep running.

    Good killers will zone you first then kick the pallet. After youve predropped 2 or 3 like that they move on to another survivor and try to herd them towards that deadzone you just created.

    It seems a lot of the killers on this forum are new to this tactic by survivors, which blows my mind. I suspect in 6 months they will have figured it out and start countering it, then we'll be back to bitching about looping 🤷‍♂️

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    I've really seen it all now! Killers who are complaining about when survivors "hold W"? Seriously???

    And the fact that it's being called a "meta"? BAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA ROTFLMAO

    Last time I checked movement was a pretty universal game mechanic. So. . . I guess that makes it meta?

    Killer mains these days are something else. And all this time I thought survivors were the ones with all the petty complaints.

    P.S. I play both sides and I just have fun. Maybe try not taking the game so seriously people?

    Your missing the argument entirely. The argument is that just running in a straight line gets you more time than skillfully looping a killer. Since running in a straight line is boring and requires zero skill, its stupid that that is the best strategy.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/261361/so-survivors-shouldnt-be-allowed-to-run-now

    Yep lol. It’s insane isn’t it. These killer mains literally want an open field with immobile survivors they can hit, hook, and leave. These people have lost the plot officially.

    All your posts are about complaining about killers non stop and never about survivors which I can't tell if its bait or your just so focus on wanting this to be a game where survivors are the ones killer fear and stress all the time.

    You even complain about Blight's turns.....like really? He is one of the most balanced and yet fun killers in the game but yet you think he is so OP and needs nerfs immediately. You also complain about Myers which should be nerfed because of instant downs and again with Ghost face claiming he should not get insta downs because he stares at you.....that is literally the whole point of his power. He stalks his victims and waits for the perfect time to down them when the survivor least expects it and his reveal system is 1 out of 2 things that need to be fixed since survivor cant reveal him and sometimes they can reveal him being a rock but also shorten his cool down like 20/25 seconds so people wont have to rely on cooldown addons only and not being able to use wacky builds cause of a half a minute cool down.


    So yeah please stop trying to pretend every problem in this game is killer-related since there are the same amount of problems with Survivors just as there is with the killer. Most of the problems are just bad RNG or people abusing stuff to troll or make game end very quick which Devs have been trying to fix with each patch/chapter since depending on the RNG it can go to Killer's favor or Survivor's favor.

    Game will probably be never be balanced but the Dev's changes so far are making it more balanced with each update/chapter but complaining about one side all the time is not gonna do anything and just shows you are extremely sided to one part of the game since recently most killers did get balance changes like Freddy, Demo, and Huntress but yet you still insist that Killer's are the main problem.

    Won't be surprised if they add little stuff to help survivors when being face camped on a hook like the timer is slowed down 50% if the killer stay near the hook for 20 seconds since being camped is a strategy but face camping and killer refusing to move is boring and unfun so at least this way survivors have enough time to get you or do gens real fast to end the game so killer will have less points because they choose to face camp and game ended to quick [Which I had experience with face camping doctors with NOED at least 15 times and a few red rank spirits]

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313731#Comment_2313731

    So people can stop complaining about it then. And accept that maybe they are not god gamers deserving of a 4K every game but that the game is a state heavily favoring killers outside of SWFs.

    DBD is game where inflated egos rule unrestrained and I don't think there has been a single year where anyone agreed on anything in this game. The game has some interesting design issues that seemingly drives everyone mad. For instance, I'll die mad about how Legion was treated and I'll always complain about where ever I can sneak it in.

    I have disagree with the game being killer favoring though. Despite what the forums portray or a lot of streamers believe in the moment the vast majority of the game isn't played in SWF when it comes to survivors yet killers definitely start to encounter hard limitations to how much skill and efficiency they can introduce into the game without being penalized for it. Survivors control much more the game than most people seem to think and by contrast killers have much less control over things than people seem to think. Right now, I think the game is in a state of flux due to a lot of changes and killers can thrive more when things are in a more chaotic state. Us long time players are used to a highly stablized meta on both sides and the past few patches has made some waves in what was solid.

    For better or worse if people don't complain(constructively preferably) Devs might not even know what the pain points are for players

  • I guess certain individuals like to gripe about any little weak thing. They already want stealth to be gone, next they gripe about extreme loopers, now they are have a gripe on survivors running. What survivor strategy is going to be next? Anyone that does not stand and let them get the first hit. Funny thing is most users who run mindlessly are usually the survivors who down the quickest since they don't know how to loop. And even then when a survivors is a good looper they gripe about that, they call it "abusing a loop".

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313502#Comment_2313502

    Here's the problem with your logic.

    Some killers aren't equipped to deal with certain playstyles and you can't fully rely on perks to do it all.

    Can you give an example?

  • No I just think it's an issue with the game design. It's the most effective thing to do but is INCREDIBLY boring for the other side. It's like the survivor equivalent of camping/tunneling. Most effective thing, there's nothing wrong with it, it breaks no rules, but holy ######### is it boring.

  • @ChantyBoi said:

    No I just think it's an issue with the game design. It's the most effective thing to do but is INCREDIBLY boring for the other side. It's like the survivor equivalent of camping/tunneling. Most effective thing, there's nothing wrong with it, it breaks no rules, but holy ######### is it boring.

    Either very few people understand that the game design encourages boring and uninteractive gameplay, or it just gets drowned out by the loudness of the ones determined to continue the survivor vs killer vitriol. Some are determined to hate the opposition and ridicule them and demand punishment rather than actually seek improvements that will increase their own enjoyment, because if it also increases the opposition's enjoyment then it's not worth it.

    Some real changes need to be made to the game's design to encourage fun for everyone even when both sides are playing to win.

  • @Red_Beard said:

    The three survivor play styles are looping, predrop and shift w, and stealth. There are complaints about all of these. The best thing you can do is learn all three and use the best one depending on the killer you get. If you struggle with one more than the others, bring perks to help.

    There are killers to counter all of these. If you are a killer player and struggle against a particular style, bring perks to help or play a killer that does better against that style.

    The only killer who connter that style is nurse. Nurse dont care about how the survivor play if she lose its her fault and her mistake

  • @bibibib8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313502#Comment_2313502

    The only killer who connter that style is nurse. Nurse dont care about how the survivor play if she lose its her fault and her mistake

    What style are you referring to? I listed three.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313600#Comment_2313600

    All your posts are about complaining about killers non stop and never about survivors which I can't tell if its bait or your just so focus on wanting this to be a game where survivors are the ones killer fear and stress all the time.

    You even complain about Blight's turns.....like really? He is one of the most balanced and yet fun killers in the game but yet you think he is so OP and needs nerfs immediately. You also complain about Myers which should be nerfed because of instant downs and again with Ghost face claiming he should not get insta downs because he stares at you.....that is literally the whole point of his power. He stalks his victims and waits for the perfect time to down them when the survivor least expects it and his reveal system is 1 out of 2 things that need to be fixed since survivor cant reveal him and sometimes they can reveal him being a rock but also shorten his cool down like 20/25 seconds so people wont have to rely on cooldown addons only and not being able to use wacky builds cause of a half a minute cool down.

    So yeah please stop trying to pretend every problem in this game is killer-related since there are the same amount of problems with Survivors just as there is with the killer. Most of the problems are just bad RNG or people abusing stuff to troll or make game end very quick which Devs have been trying to fix with each patch/chapter since depending on the RNG it can go to Killer's favor or Survivor's favor.

    Game will probably be never be balanced but the Dev's changes so far are making it more balanced with each update/chapter but complaining about one side all the time is not gonna do anything and just shows you are extremely sided to one part of the game since recently most killers did get balance changes like Freddy, Demo, and Huntress but yet you still insist that Killer's are the main problem.

    Won't be surprised if they add little stuff to help survivors when being face camped on a hook like the timer is slowed down 50% if the killer stay near the hook for 20 seconds since being camped is a strategy but face camping and killer refusing to move is boring and unfun so at least this way survivors have enough time to get you or do gens real fast to end the game so killer will have less points because they choose to face camp and game ended to quick [Which I had experience with face camping doctors with NOED at least 15 times and a few red rank spirits]

    You gave that person more time than they deserve

  • Yeah I know, could not play a game for a while since headphones dead so might as well waste the waiting time lol.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2314020#Comment_2314020

    Yeah I know, could not play a game for a while since headphones dead so might as well waste the waiting time lol.

    Fair play lol

  • My bad i forgot to had some word. What i want to say is the only killer who can beat all 3 style is nurse

  • @bibibib8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2314017#Comment_2314017

    My bad i forgot to had some word. What i want to say is the only killer who can beat all 3 style is nurse

    I don't agree. There are many killers great at shutting down the loop. If I set up a 3 or 4 gen with them and not commit to hard to the shift w play style I can counter it. If I'm playing 3 or 4 gens, I don't even need to worry about stealth all that much because they have to come to me to finish complete their objective.

    I think too many people think they have to protect all of the gens. They don't. Chase them enough to get a pallet destroyed and get back to your close gens. Once you get the resources gone around your 3 gen and get someone out of the match, you can afford to venture out a little further. Or don't and wait till they come back.

    There are also killer great at zooming around. Billy, Blight, Wraith. Throw on some perks to help in chase, bamboozle for example, to help shut some loops down. Again, be willing to destroy a resource and leave chase to zoom back to a gen you want to save.

  • @Red_Beard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2314132#Comment_2314132

    I don't agree. There are many killers great at shutting down the loop. If I set up a 3 or 4 gen with them and not commit to hard to the shift w play style I can counter it. If I'm playing 3 or 4 gens, I don't even need to worry about stealth all that much because they have to come to me to finish complete their objective.

    I think too many people think they have to protect all of the gens. They don't. Chase them enough to get a pallet destroyed and get back to your close gens. Once you get the resources gone around your 3 gen and get someone out of the match, you can afford to venture out a little further. Or don't and wait till they come back.

    There are also killer great at zooming around. Billy, Blight, Wraith. Throw on some perks to help in chase, bamboozle for example, to help shut some loops down. Again, be willing to destroy a resource and leave chase to zoom back to a gen you want to save.

    True some killer are great in an area but lack in the other that why i said the only killer who can beat all thosr style is Nurse.

    I know if i play Clown im mostly going to win if the survivor try to loop but if they decide to hold W and go into a corner i will lose i dont have the mobility to cover the distance they gain and the time i lost for that now all survivor do that i lose. That why i said the only killer who beat all those strat us Nurse

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313603#Comment_2313603

    New Cold wind, New Game.

    The loops never gone, its just RNG decide to put in 5 pallets

    Laughs cruelty in Badham Preschool with every loop chainable.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Nope. About the only thing left to nerf is "holding W to run". As other have alluded to, pallets are totally unsafe against most of the killers.

    Nemesis totally negates pallets. When he has tier 3, it's unreal. I still think he is slightly weaker than the others.

    And they released Trickster where the only thing you can do is run. Dropping a pallet will actually hurt you more than not. 60 uncounterable knives.

    What about Badham Preschool with 3 god loop buildings, Killer shack, spread hard to reach gens, good stealth, every loop next to another, and being big? Or The Game with almost exclusively god pallets?

  • @bibibib8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2314178#Comment_2314178

    True some killer are great in an area but lack in the other that why i said the only killer who can beat all thosr style is Nurse.

    I know if i play Clown im mostly going to win if the survivor try to loop but if they decide to hold W and go into a corner i will lose i dont have the mobility to cover the distance they gain and the time i lost for that now all survivor do that i lose. That why i said the only killer who beat all those strat us Nurse

    Which is why I said bring perks to help you in the other areas you lack or play a different killer that is strong in the area you are not strong in.

    I also think clown is underrated in shift w. You can throw your bottles to zone them into dead zones or slow them down enough to ensure they have to drop the pallet so you can break it, get back to your gens and not have it to deal with next time. Again, you need to know when to leave chase to protect the gens you want.

    Also, if all you care about is killing all survivors you should be looking to hook near your 3 gen and proxy camping and tunneling. It is boring for survivors but it is effective for killer.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313479#Comment_2313479

    Survivors complained about Killers like Deathslinger due to the lack of Counterplay at Loops.

    Killers told them that Survivors should not only Loop but adapt.

    Survivors adapted and figured out that running in a straight Line buys more time against most of the Killers, including those with a very strong Chase Power.

    Killers: :O

    Don't know why I kind of like those killers with a hard 1v1.

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313524#Comment_2313524

    In Game 2 you don't have to chase the first survivor the whole time. You break some pallets then switch chase and coax the new survivor towards the unsafe area where there are no pallets.

    Part of this game is adapting to different situations. Try thinking out of the box and it makes it fun and engaging like game 1.

    Or return to Hillbilly we have many spots open.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313556#Comment_2313556

    Well they took out the loops and half the pallets because killers whined all day about looping. So there’s that.

    Come Badham 1v1 I'll show you these "deadzones"

  • Patch 5.0.2 : Removed the ability for survivors to run.

    Stop complaining, the game as a survivor (especially Solo Q) is miserable as is. And yes I'm rank 1 with 9k hours.

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    Um. No. You have the complaint wrong. They are complaining that survivors run *in a straight line and predrop pallets.*

    So what. This is also a perfectly valid use for pallets. Against a killer like Doc it’s 100% necessary.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313473#Comment_2313473

    So what. This is also a perfectly valid use for pallets. Against a killer like Doc it’s 100% necessary.

    I didnt say they werent

  • Survivors might as well start off slugged to the ground to make it easier for killers then. Are we seriously complaining about running? Just wow.

  • @bibibib8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2314178#Comment_2314178

    True some killer are great in an area but lack in the other that why i said the only killer who can beat all thosr style is Nurse.

    I know if i play Clown im mostly going to win if the survivor try to loop but if they decide to hold W and go into a corner i will lose i dont have the mobility to cover the distance they gain and the time i lost for that now all survivor do that i lose. That why i said the only killer who beat all those strat us Nurse

    Nurse still struggles with holding W, especially without range addons. The further away the survivor, the harder it is to see and predict movement.

  • only survivors are allowed to complain about something being boring

  • I dont think people say "no running allowed!" When they say shift w it usually means that they're going to run in a straight line and get alot of distance as possible and pray they find a loop or pallet. For the most part this is only very effective in open maps like temple and maybe even rpd map. It is a good tactic but very tedious.

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    I've really seen it all now! Killers who are complaining about when survivors "hold W"? Seriously???

    And the fact that it's being called a "meta"? BAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA ROTFLMAO

    Last time I checked movement was a pretty universal game mechanic. So. . . I guess that makes it meta?

    Killer mains these days are something else. And all this time I thought survivors were the ones with all the petty complaints.

    P.S. I play both sides and I just have fun. Maybe try not taking the game so seriously people?

    The reason Killer mains complain about this is because its boring.

    And so are most recent killers. Survivors deal with Non-interactive killers like Twins or Slinger by... not interacting with them. Run, predriop Pallet, run... Thats why the majority agree those killers have bad design. Eventually, also killer now get the feel after most survivors learned to adept.

    Non interactive stuff is always bad.

  • I am a 50/50 player so I will say this:

    If tunneling is a valid strategy then holding W is a valid strategy as well.

    Tunneling makes the game entirely not fun for survivors - Holding W makes the game entirely not fun for killers.

    Tunneling is a tactic to beat Holding W - Holding W is a tactic to beat tunneling.

    Killers use tunneling to catch survivors who hold W - Survivors use holding W to avoid being caught while being tunneled/chased.

    You cannot have it one way and not the other.

    This will always be an issue because some killers will always tunnel and some survivors will assume a killer is going to tunnel and preemptively use holding W to counter tunneling.

    This is not a flaw in map design contrary to what some will say. This is a result of psychology and adaptation. Survivors who cannot loop well will discover that they can adapt and extend chases more by holding W. This thought process is reinforced because killers will fall for this tactic and focus on survivors for an extended time when they hold W - reinforcing the notion that a killer is - tunneling them.

    I honestly doubt anyone will read this and give it any actual thought - instead a lot people will continue to fall into their "main" bias way of thinking and refuse to actually look at something objectively. That is the problem with these forums - a large majority of the posters have "main bias" and refuse to actually think about any differing viewpoint that isn't aligned with their own with a modicum of objectivity.

    Anyways - I am sure this thread will continue with inane comments full of hyperbole and cognitive biases. Carry on.

  • @Jasix said:

    I am a 50/50 player so I will say this:

    If tunneling is a valid strategy then holding W is a valid strategy as well.

    Tunneling makes the game entirely not fun for survivors - Holding W makes the game entirely not fun for killers.

    Tunneling is a tactic to beat Holding W - Holding W is a tactic to beat tunneling.

    Killers use tunneling to catch survivors who hold W - Survivors use holding W to avoid being caught while being tunneled/chased.

    You cannot have it one way and not the other.

    This will always be an issue because some killers will always tunnel and some survivors will assume a killer is going to tunnel and preemptively use holding W to counter tunneling.

    This is not a flaw in map design contrary to what some will say. This is a result of psychology and adaptation. Survivors who cannot loop well will discover that they can adapt and extend chases more by holding W. This thought process is reinforced because killers will fall for this tactic and focus on survivors for an extended time when they hold W - reinforcing the notion that a killer is - tunneling them.

    I honestly doubt anyone will read this and give it any actual thought - instead a lot people will continue to fall into their "main" bias way of thinking and refuse to actually look at something objectively. That is the problem with these forums - a large majority of the posters have "main bias" and refuse to actually think about any differing viewpoint that isn't aligned with their own with a modicum of objectivity.

    Anyways - I am sure this thread will continue with inane comments full of hyperbole and cognitive biases. Carry on.

    If there was a drinking game that for every post you use the word hyperbole, we would all have cirrhosis of the liver.

  • @Red_Beard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2314427#Comment_2314427

    If there was a drinking game that for every post you use the word hyperbole, we would all have cirrhosis of the liver.

    Which doesn't negate that the majority of posters rely on it to try and make their point - much like your post. Oh - the irony.

    I have made 647 posts of which approximately 80% contain the word "hyperbole" in them - for a total of 517.

    The daily intake amount that is deemed healthy for an adult when it comes to alcohol is one drink per day - which would be 1.25 years of having a drink per day - which would in a healthy adult not lead to cirrhosis of the liver. But yes your comment was a cute way to completely disregard the ideas in my post and continue with the inanity of this thread.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2314444#Comment_2314444

    Which doesn't negate that the majority of posters rely on it to try and make their point - much like your post. Oh - the irony.

    I have made 647 posts of which approximately 80% contain the word "hyperbole" in them - for a total of 517.

    The daily intake amount that is deemed healthy for an adult when it comes to alcohol is one drink per day - which would be 1.25 years of having a drink per day - which would in a healthy adult not lead to cirrhosis of the liver. But yes your comment was a cute way to completely disregard the ideas in my post and continue with the inanity of this thread.

    I bet you’re fun at parties.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/261361/so-survivors-shouldnt-be-allowed-to-run-now

    I will admit I was one to say something that I don't like how survivor counterplay against 90% of the killer roaster.

    I'm not saying survivor's shouldn't be able to run, it's the fact that Shift + W is very powerful but requires 0 to no skill or brain usage vs the skill and brain usage killers use.

    Not all killers take skill to use though, and not all playstyles by killers take skill to use. That's just how this game is.

  • @Lost_in_the_Fog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313473#Comment_2313473

    Oh ok. So my post title should have read, "So survivors shouldn't be allowed to RUN and DROP PALLETS now?"

    Thanks!

    Not without being punished for wasting resources, which they currently aren't becuase the other side of the coin is splitting up and slamming gens.

    This has been a huge problem in AU for a year and a half now. I'm glad other regions are starting to suffer.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/261361/so-survivors-shouldnt-be-allowed-to-run-now

    The reason Killer mains complain about this is because its boring.

    And so are most recent killers. Survivors deal with Non-interactive killers like Twins or Slinger by... not interacting with them. Run, predriop Pallet, run... Thats why the majority agree those killers have bad design. Eventually, also killer now get the feel after most survivors learned to adept.

    Non interactive stuff is always bad.

    But, I most kick the bebe. Give me more Twins players.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/261361/so-survivors-shouldnt-be-allowed-to-run-now

    I will admit I was one to say something that I don't like how survivor counterplay against 90% of the killer roaster.

    I'm not saying survivor's shouldn't be able to run, it's the fact that Shift + W is very powerful but requires 0 to no skill or brain usage vs the skill and brain usage killers use.

    Requires 0 skill, hmm kinda like how Spirit, and killers that get get free hits at loop require 0 skill, like PH, DS, and Nemi. Killers told survivors to adept and they did. Now it's the killers turn to adept.

1 2 3