#UnlinkTheSets

Screenshot_20210615-144516_Twitter.jpg

The only reason they linked the Leon and Jill cosmetics (not the Clare and Chris ones) is because the difference between the hair styles is so minimal and on Jill literally non existent that people wouldn't buy the full set and instead would just buy the torso and pants.

It's greedy and inexcusable, unlink them or make the hairstyles different, because linking them purely because they realize the head wouldn't sell is lazy, greedy, and an insult to the fan base.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Salty_Pearl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2275183#Comment_2275183

    Agreed, unless the head has to be connected like in Nea's case, heads and weapons should be allowed to be mixed.

    Nea's head doesn't even need to he connected. It works fine on it's own.

  • #UnlinkTheSets

    Its amazing how they thought nobody would notice this within the first hour of the DLC dropping.. Are you kidding me? You're charging $4 for DEFAULT HAIR. What a joke.

    BHVR you need to reverse this cash grab asap, its getting old. We know that these cosmetics don't "need to be linked" because they were never linked until you hotfixed it an hour after they released.

  • Don't let this thread get buried

    BHVR needs to know we are not okay with being literally scammed.

    Unlink the sets

  • I feel like if we did this on twitter enough, it would get their attention. Spam their socials, then they surely will notice.

    I normally dont care about linked sets, but having them unlinked and now linking them, thats a shady move and I cant support it.

  • @kingbojenbo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2275144#Comment_2275144

    It should be somewhere within the 600 cell range.

    BHVR doing this whole thing is so wrong.

    It’s 10% off base price when you buy a complete outfit so 720 cells in this case. But yeah, cheaper would be nice.

  • We cant let this die!

  • yes !!!!! #unlinkthesets

  • There is, actually, a difference between Leon's hairstyles. In purple skin it's longer. So it's only Jill's problem.

    But yeah. They weren't sets at the release. And they shouldn't be. #UnlinkTheSets and remove a headpiece from Jill's purple skin.

  • Absolutely no reason those outfits should be linked. Especially when Jill's hair is the exact same. That should honestly be fixed in itself.

    #unlinkthesets

  • #unlinkthesets

    My Nea need this cool hair

  • @CheeseAnton said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2275271#Comment_2275271

    No, we might not pay for the head/torso/pants and we can customize them (for example, I would only buy Leon's RE4 Jacket to go with his default pants and head. I would only pay $4).

    You still have to pay $10 if you want the full thing, but a lot of us don't want the full thing so we aren't paying $10.

    Yep. I was gonna get Leon's outfit if It was unlinked. Now? They dont get a penny from me.

    #unlinkthesets

  • @Szakally said:

    #unlinkthesets

    My Nea need this cool hair

    I rebuke this narrative that the Nea set is fine unlinked. There's clearly issues with that one. Missing torso, Bald head. That set needs to be linked to look nice. Otherwise the head looks ugly 🤢

    But this isn't about Nea or sets in general. Its the shady practice of linking cosmetics that were previously not linked. We must make them know this is not okay and we have seen what they did.

  • Screwing people out of the single pieces they bought, and not to mention I feel this tutorial bug was intentional cause they got upsetty ppl unlinked, and saw that most work just fine that way.

    Do you not get enough with the just high cosmetic prices? Or all these new players in new chapters buying content? Is this necessary??


    #UnlinkTheSets

  • The truth has been spoken 😦

    #UnlinkTheSets

  • Yeah its pretty scummy not gonna lie, with some of the cosmetics that make major changes to the body like the minotaur or krampus skins I can see why they need to be linked but for a lot of the skins in the game that are linked its very obvious its just to force you to buy the whole set instead of just a piece that you want.

    #unlinkthesets

  • I bought the skins back when you were able to mix and match and now that they're no longer able to, I'd rather prefer Jill's Remake outfit over the OG one. :/ Feels like I've been scammed out of my money.

    #UnlinkTheSet

    #FixClaire'sFace

  • just let us combine whatever we want, even though it might look like a mess. Who cares? It’s fun!

    #Unlinkthesets

  • Wait you are buying the outfits?

  • Why they do Leon like that, that some horse #########! #UnlinkTheSets

  • That's horrendous. The Jill hair wasn't a glitch and this was specifically to force people to buy it? What?

    Sets are horrible and nobody has ever wanted them. I understand sets when meshes are incompatible, like Krampus Trapper's head being a separate head when Trapper's face is usually a mask, with the head mesh being part of the body, or the Robbie Rabbits having a similar deal, or any outfit where there's major clipping issues and part of the body would be missing on the model. And I'll grudgingly accept it when the license holder demands it. For everything else, there is no excuse. It demands more money and limits creativity. Nobody is happy with either of these results. You ever consider that people might be willing to buy more outfits if they could actually mix and match them?

    #UnlinkTheSets

  • @Itooshie said:

    I feel like if we did this on twitter enough, it would get their attention. Spam their socials, then they surely will notice.

    I normally dont care about linked sets, but having them unlinked and now linking them, thats a shady move and I cant support it.

    I do believe they know about this but are trying to fix all these problems they are getting. If you scroll to the replies they got from disabling the new map (on twitter), a lot of people have pictures of the single pieces they bought from the set that are now linked - quite a high number of people are unhappy with the position they are in having bought a piece and told it's linked to other cosmetics they don't want

  • BHVR is already in a peculiar spot right now, and then they do this.

    #unlinkthesets

  • It's outrageous the fact that they don't even spoke a word about this. I bought the legendary skins and I'm definitely not gonna buy the other outfits until they stop being greedy about it. This a scam.

    #UnlinkTheSets

  • We don't normally offer refunds for cosmetics, however, in this case we are making an exception. Anyone who purchased either Jill or Leon's very rare outfit in the first 24 hours (before they were sets) can contact support (http://bit.ly/DbDSP) for a full refund.

  • @Mandy said:

    We don't normally offer refunds for cosmetics, however, in this case we are making an exception. Anyone who purchased either Jill or Leon's very rare outfit in the first 24 hours (before they were sets) can contact support (http://bit.ly/DbDSP) for a full refund.

    Or just unlink them. These linked sets are pointless. BHVR is actually losing money because more people would buy them if they were able to customise them without glitching.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2277884#Comment_2277884

    Or just unlink them. These linked sets are pointless. BHVR is actually losing money because more people would buy them if they were able to customise them without glitching.

    You're not wrong. I was considering getting the jacket and trousers for Leon but I absolutely will not now. I'm not going to support such an anti-consumer practice. At least some linked cosmetics (mainly the rabbit skins for Legion) have some major clipping issues when glitched as well as other things (headless Legion is thing). With the Leon and Jill outfits though, it is clearly just a cash grab and I don't want to support that.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2277904#Comment_2277904

    You're not wrong. I was considering getting the jacket and trousers for Leon but I absolutely will not now. I'm not going to support such an anti-consumer practice. At least some linked cosmetics (mainly the rabbit skins for Legion) have some major clipping issues when glitched as well as other things (headless Legion is thing). With the Leon and Jill outfits though, it is clearly just a cash grab and I don't want to support that.

    Clipping is the least of the problems with this game. I dont know many people complaining about cosmetics clipping.

    I used to buy full cosmetics (unlinked) for the discount. I go out of my way to use a cosmetic piece from 3 different sets when customizing my characters. Linked sets are the death of creativity. If PH has some special agreement where they HAVE to be linked, fine. Just cut this BS with the rest of them.

  • @Mandy said:

    We don't normally offer refunds for cosmetics, however, in this case we are making an exception. Anyone who purchased either Jill or Leon's very rare outfit in the first 24 hours (before they were sets) can contact support (http://bit.ly/DbDSP) for a full refund.

    Or do the right thing and unlink them?

    meh... I am guessing the licence holder demanded the set thing and you guys are taking the brunt of the bad publicity.

  • @Mandy said:

    We don't normally offer refunds for cosmetics, however, in this case we are making an exception. Anyone who purchased either Jill or Leon's very rare outfit in the first 24 hours (before they were sets) can contact support (http://bit.ly/DbDSP) for a full refund.

    You could also stop scamming 4$ by selling people default cosmetics while you're at it

  • @Satelit said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2277884#Comment_2277884

    You could also stop scamming 4$ by selling people default cosmetics while you're at it

    Wow how polite telling a moderator to do something that’s not in her control she’s not a developer she’s a moderator she has no control over this. This was probably Capcoms decision to link the sets it may look greedy but remember silent hill sets were linked so the same is probably applying to this

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2277957#Comment_2277957

    Wow how polite telling a moderator to do something that’s not in her control she’s not a developer she’s a moderator she has no control over this. This was probably Capcoms decision to link the sets it may look greedy but remember silent hill sets were linked so the same is probably applying to this

    Silent Hill's cosmetics include 3 unique pieces,Jill's head which is THE EXACT SAME and you're being charged extra for it,Leon's hair is 1cm longer wowoowow worth the extra money

  • @Satelit said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2277961#Comment_2277961

    Silent Hill's cosmetics include 3 unique pieces,Jill's head which is THE EXACT SAME and you're being charged extra for it,Leon's hair is 1cm longer wowoowow worth the extra money

    I’m sorry In the game the hair looked the same in RE3R Jills Classic outfit had the same hair and Leon in RE4 had longer hair. Once again probably not there decision because when Bubbas old lady outfit came out it was originally a set but then they unlinked it. Capcom probably wanted it to be a set.

  • @Mandy said:

    We don't normally offer refunds for cosmetics, however, in this case we are making an exception. Anyone who purchased either Jill or Leon's very rare outfit in the first 24 hours (before they were sets) can contact support (http://bit.ly/DbDSP) for a full refund.

    Thats cool but what its the purpose of it? The head skin will be changed or it will be removed since it looks the same? Because if neither of those two things happens why refund? I want to know because im one of those that bought the torso and low part in the firts hours of the dlc release.

    Btw i talking about classic jill cosmetic. Leon have some slight changes in the head skin. But jill not.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2277966#Comment_2277966

    I’m sorry In the game the hair looked the same in RE3R Jills Classic outfit had the same hair and Leon in RE4 had longer hair. Once again probably not there decision because when Bubbas old lady outfit came out it was originally a set but then they unlinked it. Capcom probably wanted it to be a set.

    Ik in the actual game the hair looks like that,but the outfit should be discounted to the price of 2 pieces instead of 3.

  • @Mandy said:

    We don't normally offer refunds for cosmetics, however, in this case we are making an exception. Anyone who purchased either Jill or Leon's very rare outfit in the first 24 hours (before they were sets) can contact support (http://bit.ly/DbDSP) for a full refund.

    Can we keep the cosmetic?

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2277966#Comment_2277966

    I’m sorry In the game the hair looked the same in RE3R Jills Classic outfit had the same hair and Leon in RE4 had longer hair. Once again probably not there decision because when Bubbas old lady outfit came out it was originally a set but then they unlinked it. Capcom probably wanted it to be a set.

    I would have gone with her RE1 outfit. iconic and different.

    I think it was a poor choice of cosmetic for her...either by behaviour or capcom... doesn't really matter

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2277976#Comment_2277976

    I would have gone with her RE1 outfit. iconic and different.

    I think it was a poor choice of cosmetic for her...either by behaviour or capcom... doesn't really matter

    I agree they should have chose the RE1 outfit or they could have made classic RE3 jills hair a darker brown cause on ps1 it’s darker

  • Hey look, it's mother ######### EA

  • @Satelit said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2277976#Comment_2277976

    Ik in the actual game the hair looks like that,but the outfit should be discounted to the price of 2 pieces instead of 3.

    They should have made jills hair a darker brown to make it like the PS1 Jill but I agree. I’m happy they made the classic Jill outfit from ps1 RE3 because I hate the feminist version of Jill but it’s just they didn’t try on the hair Leon looks great but Jill looked rushed out

  • I totally agree.

    #unlinkthesets

  • Asking for a refund to pay full price its pointless. Why should i refund and pay 1080 cells when i can use my torso and bottom classic Jill for the 800 auric cells i spent?

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    Hey look, it's mother ######### EA

    At least BHVR lets you write negative reviews and there saying you can refund the skin. EA would never do that and BHVR doesn’t make Pay to win killers and survivors. EA doesn’t allow people to write negative reviews

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2277924#Comment_2277924

    Clipping is the least of the problems with this game. I dont know many people complaining about cosmetics clipping.

    I used to buy full cosmetics (unlinked) for the discount. I go out of my way to use a cosmetic piece from 3 different sets when customizing my characters. Linked sets are the death of creativity. If PH has some special agreement where they HAVE to be linked, fine. Just cut this BS with the rest of them.

    Oh I agree. My point was more that there's at least some justification for other outfits being linked. With the Leon and Jill outfits though, it's clearly a cash grab. That's what I meant.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2277941#Comment_2277941

    Oh I agree. My point was more that there's at least some justification for other outfits being linked. With the Leon and Jill outfits though, it's clearly a cash grab. That's what I meant.

    I 100% agree - was just trying to add on to what you said - sorry if it came across as otherwise. Even linked sets that make sense (like Centaur Oni) theres generally no need for the whole thing to be locked. I wish we could change weapons, etc. And survivors hairstyles in general - Kates Octoberfest or Janes Greek ones are great examples!

  • Unlink all the sets. The ONLY set i've bought is the one for the Huntress with the horror youtube channel. Sets ruin the entire point of cosmetics for me. I want to mix and match stuff and you're not letting me and they cost $15. No thank you.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2278118#Comment_2278118

    I 100% agree - was just trying to add on to what you said - sorry if it came across as otherwise. Even linked sets that make sense (like Centaur Oni) theres generally no need for the whole thing to be locked. I wish we could change weapons, etc. And survivors hairstyles in general - Kates Octoberfest or Janes Greek ones are great examples!

    No worries. You're definitely right. I guess Behaviour don't allow certain parts to be unlinked like weapons because they'd lose money. Rather then buying the full thing, someone might just buy the weapon. Behaviour being a business, obviously don't like that. There's many outfits which are linked for absolutely no reason and it's clear why. I have absolutely no faith that Behaviour will do the right thing in this situation but you never know I guess.

  • To preserve the image of licenced characters we're often unable to sell additional outfit pieces separately. The outfits released yesterday were always intended to be sets.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2278141#Comment_2278141

    No worries. You're definitely right. I guess Behaviour don't allow certain parts to be unlinked like weapons because they'd lose money. Rather then buying the full thing, someone might just buy the weapon. Behaviour being a business, obviously don't like that. There's many outfits which are linked for absolutely no reason and it's clear why. I have absolutely no faith that Behaviour will do the right thing in this situation but you never know I guess.

    I wouldnt even mind as much if you could only buy the set as a whole but could then mix & match the individual pieces (Jills being an exception because that was just scummy). Wouldnt be ideal but would be better than this fuster cluck they have going on at the moment

1 2 3 4