Pride month charm is worring me...

As I saw the livestream yesterday and saw the charm. I found it really cool and the charm looks really good.

But then I did the mistake and read the chat and Twitter...

So many (Bad word here) people who write garbage like "I tunnel every one who is wearing that" and stuff that goes in the ddos direction....

I don't know if this charm is "ready" for this community and so many people reacting poorly.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @UncleStabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221196#Comment_2221196

    I see where you're coming from, but I have to disagree. Homosexuality has been not only represented in history, but often times accepted. We know that it was a common practice in the Roman army, for example, and Greek society.

    Its possible to celebrate yourself and those around you without being unnecessarily hostile about it though.

    I get what you saying but I have to disagree. Yes i agree the Greeks and romans did accept homosexuallity but I would consider them an outliers In a tread. The most rest of the world was not really accepting of homosexuallity (mainly because of religion)

    I'm also talking about the western part of the world in the americas. To my knowledge for all of western time homosexuallity was not accepted at all and for a very long time too to what I would say up untill the 1980s and 90s.

    So based on this gay pride is so heavily valued. Although I do agree you can celebrate yourself without being hostile.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221223#Comment_2221223

    Yeah I know that people who say it’s political don’t always mean to be hostile but it can still easily be perceived as such. Just wanted to clear that up.

    just because it doesn’t get under your skin doesn’t mean it doesn’t bother others. And especially for LGBTQ+ people that always kinda have to explain that their mere existence isn’t a political statement.

    i don’t really care for excessive teabagging for example but i do get how it may bother others and I don’t try to say teabagging isn’t a problem just because it isn’t for me personally.

    I dont think Ive ever been in a position where I had to explain that, myself, but I get where you're coming from.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221209#Comment_2221209

    I get what you saying but I have to disagree. Yes i agree the Greeks and romans did accept homosexuallity but I would consider them an outliers In a tread. The most rest of the world was not really accepting of homosexuallity (mainly because of religion)

    I'm also talking about the western part of the world in the americas. To my knowledge for all of western time homosexuallity was not accepted at all and for a very long time too to what I would say up untill the 1980s and 90s.

    So based on this gay pride is so heavily valued. Although I do agree you can celebrate yourself without being hostile.

    The Greeks and the Romans didn't accept homosexuality, that's one of the biggest misconceptions about those people

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221209#Comment_2221209

    I get what you saying but I have to disagree. Yes i agree the Greeks and romans did accept homosexuallity but I would consider them an outliers In a tread. The most rest of the world was not really accepting of homosexuallity (mainly because of religion)

    I'm also talking about the western part of the world in the americas. To my knowledge for all of western time homosexuallity was not accepted at all and for a very long time too to what I would say up untill the 1980s and 90s.

    So based on this gay pride is so heavily valued. Although I do agree you can celebrate yourself without being hostile.

    I think homosexuality started to become more public in America in the seventies. I do know that you can be openly gay just about anywhere in this country these days, and I think that's a great thing.

  • I doubt anyone will actually follow through. Just some kids trying to be edgy.

    Besides, unless they come out and say "i tunneled you for the charm", we can't exactly ban them.

  • @UncleStabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221182#Comment_2221182

    You don't think people should be proud of who they are? That's kind of a hateful stance.

    'Straight Pride' has nothing to do with being proud of who you are. It was conceived entirely in retaliation to Gay Pride, as a hateful mockery of LGBT+ struggles.

    LGBT+ Pride, just as any minority movement, is about pushing back against oppression, as a rallying cry in the face of oppression, because it takes that level of 'coming together' for a minority to make themselves heard against an apathetic or even hateful majority. Straight people are not oppressed for being straight, not legally, socially or emotionally, there is no reason for 'Straight Pride' at all, It's no difference to White Supremacy.

    By all means be proud of who you are as a person, but being proud for 'being straight' is not a valid avenue for a rallying cry. I would never dream of actively expressing pride for being male or white.

  • Just a reminder to keep the discussion civil and respectful, you can have different ideas, but please avoid attacking others because of them.

    I also want to add that people's identity is not a political statement, people just want to be accepted for who they are and we should welcome them with open arms.

  • It's a bit shocking how these things always get out of hand. Like, we have threads about potentially begging to take teams away from new, glitch-free content for the purposes of console optimization that go for 15-20 pages of people agreeing with one another, but basic, effortless inclusivity is mega controversial.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    It's a bit shocking how these things always get out of hand. Like, we have threads about potentially begging to take teams away from new, glitch-free content for the purposes of console optimization that go for 15-20 pages of people agreeing with one another, but basic, effortless inclusivity is mega controversial.

    It always goes the same way.

    Thread poster brings up a point about LGBT inclusivity, positive or negative, and it always (always) devolves into pointless and immature bickering by people on both sides of the topic. Thread goes into the double digits of pages, and eventually gets locked despite 2-3 warnings by the mods (as seen right above your own comment).

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218636#Comment_2218636

    As someone who is autistic irl I don't like autism speaks, although representation one way or another would be kickass.

    I don't like that charity either myself...

    I guess we now have more than one thing in common with eachother (yes, I have Autism too.) 😅

    Maybe a simple jigsaw piece would work? But I don't like that representation either... Like I'm not a problem that needs to be solved nor do I have to 'fit in' anywhere..?

    Maybe there's a universal symbol for neuro-diversity that would be more suitable?

    I don't know, really... Let me know your thoughts on this :)

  • This thread helped me get my opinion about this situation.

    I don't want sound like homophobic but I don't like any idea of pride of being someone.

    Personally I don't judge people for who they are. I judge people for what they do.

    I don't respect gay people just for them being gay. For me it's just an another person. I respect gay if he talented artist or smart engineer. I would respect gay just for being nice person.

    But I don't understand being proud of sexuality. It's not something you achieved. It's just your personality, there is nothing to be proud of.

    I don't like an idea of being proud of something you born with. Like your race, your sexuality, your gender.

    I understand why there is minorities doing their movements. They just want their voices heard. They being oppressed and they struggle for their rights. But this pride thing make negative impression on me.

    I treat all people as equal. Minorities or majorities. But it's only their actions would make me hate or respect them.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218966#Comment_2218966

    Yeah I found out recently Autism speaks, is uh... yeah, Let me edit that real quick

    😅 Don't feel bad, my man. I only found out a couple of years back, myself.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221282#Comment_2221282

    It always goes the same way.

    Thread poster brings up a point about LGBT inclusivity, positive or negative, and it always (always) devolves into pointless and immature bickering by people on both sides of the topic. Thread goes into the double digits of pages, and eventually gets locked despite 2-3 warnings by the mods (as seen right above your own comment).

    I'm going to be perfectly honest here, I think the pointless bickering is mostly from the... Let's say, "the ones who don't don't want people to be represented".

  • @kaeru said:

    This thread helped me get my opinion about this situation.

    I don't want sound like homophobic but I don't like any idea of pride of being someone.

    Personally I don't judge people for who they are. I judge people for what they do.

    I don't respect gay people just for them being gay. For me it's just an another person. I respect gay if he talented artist or smart engineer. I would respect gay just for being nice person.

    But I don't understand being proud of sexuality. It's not something you achieved. It's just your personality, there is nothing to be proud of.

    I don't like an idea of being proud of something you born with. Like your race, your sexuality, your gender.

    I understand why there is minorities doing their movements. They just want their voices heard. They being oppressed and they struggle for their rights. But this pride thing make negative impression on me.

    I treat all people as equal. Minorities or majorities. But it's only their actions would make me hate or respect them.

    Pride comes from centuries of being oppressed and persecuted for being born lgbt+. This still happens today, in 2021. If it's enough to be killed, its enough to be proud of.

    Pride is lgbt+ people standing up proudly and displaying who they are. It's us saying- no, demanding- to be seen, to be heard and listened to. It's us demanding our rights and equal treatment and the end to stereotypes and persecution.

    Because no matter what you think, it's still rampant today. Even in first world countries like the UK, conversion therapy is still legal and it took 3 years and two different Governments since the PM said she'd make it illegal for it to be announced it's going through consultation and will seek to "continue to protect religious freedom" over lgbt+ lives.

    Pride is us having enough and demanding to be heard. Proudly showing who we are and we will not change, nor back down, anymore. Because lgbt+ people have had enough.

    You may treat people based on their merits. Many people do not. The law definitely does not.

    Apathy breeds indifference. Don't be a bystander.

  • @kaeru said:

    This thread helped me get my opinion about this situation.

    I don't want sound like homophobic but I don't like any idea of pride of being someone.

    Personally I don't judge people for who they are. I judge people for what they do.

    I don't respect gay people just for them being gay. For me it's just an another person. I respect gay if he talented artist or smart engineer. I would respect gay just for being nice person.

    But I don't understand being proud of sexuality. It's not something you achieved. It's just your personality, there is nothing to be proud of.

    I don't like an idea of being proud of something you born with. Like your race, your sexuality, your gender.

    I understand why there is minorities doing their movements. They just want their voices heard. They being oppressed and they struggle for their rights. But this pride thing make negative impression on me.

    I treat all people as equal. Minorities or majorities. But it's only their actions would make me hate or respect them.

    I kinda get what you are saying.


    but being proud is something different than just being proud for what you were born as. They are proud of accepting themselves this way, which is in now way the easiest thing even today. Being LGBTQ+ will for most people mean they are about to go through many struggles because of it, be it because of others not accepting them, discriminating them, but also self-acceptance and tolerance. And I think the part about accepting yourself for who you are is often not really acknowledged by people looking at it from the outside and nothing they can really empathize.

  • Ok. Finally got through reading all of the comments on this thread...

    Now here's my two cents on this topic (no-one asked for my opinion, but here we all are anyway)

    I don't shout about my Bisexuality from the rooftops; in fact, I don't think anyone really knows about it...

    Naturally, in this society I expect to be treated the same as everyone else, but am I just being treated the same because I haven't fully came out as Bisexual yet, or is it possibly true that no-one gives a ######### anymore?

    Regardless of my own personal situation, everybody deserves to be treated with respect and shouldn't fear being treated differently because of who they are.

    Whether that be because of thier sexuality, gender, colour, race, disability, religion etc...

    To me, the pride charm speaks for everyone. Straight, Gay, Trans, Black, White, Asexual, Bisexual... Just everything and everyone.

    When I say I want inclusion and acceptance, I mean it. I want everybody to have access to basic human rights, fair policing and political systems, healthcare and education.

    Sure, we can't achieve all that today; but every little step we make into accepting people into our communities (even if it is just a small wearable charm in a video game), goes that little bit further into improving things for future generations...

    And then, maybe one day; there might just be acceptance for all.


    Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. Stay safe out there folks and remember to smile even when you're feeling down :)

    ♥️🧡💛💚💙💜

  • @_NIGHTMARE_ said:

    Ok. Finally got through reading all of the comments on this thread...

    Now here's my two cents on this topic (no-one asked for my opinion, but here we all are anyway)

    I don't shout about my Bisexuality from the rooftops; in fact, I don't think anyone really knows about it...

    Naturally, in this society I expect to be treated the same as everyone else, but am I just being treated the same because I haven't fully came out as Bisexual yet, or is it possibly true that no-one gives a ######### anymore?

    Regardless of my own personal situation, everybody deserves to be treated with respect and shouldn't fear being treated differently because of who they are.

    Whether that be because of thier sexuality, gender, colour, race, disability, religion etc...

    To me, the pride charm speaks for everyone. Straight, Gay, Trans, Black, White, Asexual, Bisexual... Just everything and everyone.

    When I say I want inclusion and acceptance, I mean it. I want everybody to have access to basic human rights, fair policing and political systems, healthcare and education.

    Sure, we can't achieve all that today; but every little step we make into accepting people into our communities (even if it is just a small wearable charm in a video game), goes that little bit further into improving things for future generations...

    And then, maybe one day; there might just be acceptance for all.

    Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. Stay safe out there folks and remember to smile even when you're feeling down :)

    ♥️🧡💛💚💙💜

    Honestly preach

  • I never cared about the charms, i never wore them, i never cared.

    I actually wouldn´t have cared for this one, either, because i dont believe an insiffnicant part in a video game does anything for the real problem.

    However, after reading this, i stay to the ones that want to wear it for themself, and thus, i will put that one on every one of my chars. I dont care, but those who do should be able to do so freely.

  • @UncleStabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221139#Comment_2221139

    You cant deny that gay pride has become heavily political. It may not have started that way, but it is now.

    Someones individual sexuality is a different story of course.

    Besides, we'd see how political it really is if a straight pride charm were added, just saying.

    I have to respond to this as it is completely reversed. Pride originated as a response to targeted police harassment and raids on the Stonewall Inn in the late 1960s, a bar frequented by lgbt people, mostly gay men and trans women. I say "response", they were riots. I don't see how any of that is apolitical by any means.

    These days it's mostly a fun but fairly meaningless festival/social event. Police often actually march in it, to give an idea of how much it's changed. Along with weapons manufactures, banks, facebook etc etc

    Some us us like the "support" from corporations during June. Not being a hive mind, a lot of us just make fun of it:

    187990196_10226783302037265_8283771723637381713_n.jpg 105394431_10158427716078050_4969425257333572861_n.jpg

    As to your comments on "straight pride", this is unacceptable for the same reasons as "white pride" is or "able-bodied pride" would be. I don't think I need to elaborate on the history of the use of "white pride" and the type of people who use it.

  • @nursewannabe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221234#Comment_2221234

    The Greeks and the Romans didn't accept homosexuality, that's one of the biggest misconceptions about those people

    It's not quite correct to say it wasn't accepted, they actually didn't identify sexuality in the way we do in modern times, the genders were irrelevant. It was active/passive roles linked to status and age, and they were very wrong by modern standards but not due to the gender of your partner; men with young boys, adult males taking teen wives were the norm.

    But in term of "acceptance" of homosexual sex it was absolutely normal because there was no difference in their view between heterosexual and homosexual desires.

    The vilification of homosexuality was not a thing in ancient times, it is a development over time, and pretty intrinsically linked to religious doctrine.

  • For taking the time to read through all the comments or..?

    Haha 😅 Honestly though, much appreciated Karu.

    Thanks, dude.

  • @_NIGHTMARE_ said:

    Ok. Finally got through reading all of the comments on this thread...

    Now here's my two cents on this topic (no-one asked for my opinion, but here we all are anyway)

    I don't shout about my Bisexuality from the rooftops; in fact, I don't think anyone really knows about it...

    Naturally, in this society I expect to be treated the same as everyone else, but am I just being treated the same because I haven't fully came out as Bisexual yet, or is it possibly true that no-one gives a ######### anymore?

    Regardless of my own personal situation, everybody deserves to be treated with respect and shouldn't fear being treated differently because of who they are.

    Whether that be because of thier sexuality, gender, colour, race, disability, religion etc...

    To me, the pride charm speaks for everyone. Straight, Gay, Trans, Black, White, Asexual, Bisexual... Just everything and everyone.

    When I say I want inclusion and acceptance, I mean it. I want everybody to have access to basic human rights, fair policing and political systems, healthcare and education.

    Sure, we can't achieve all that today; but every little step we make into accepting people into our communities (even if it is just a small wearable charm in a video game), goes that little bit further into improving things for future generations...

    And then, maybe one day; there might just be acceptance for all.

    Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. Stay safe out there folks and remember to smile even when you're feeling down :)

    ♥️🧡💛💚💙💜

    @SalmonDean said:

    I’m not technically part of the LGBT+ community but I am an ally so I’ll definitely be wearing the charm to show support for my fellow survivors / killers. My older brother is gay and most of my friends are LGBT+ as I’ve always felt most comfortable and most like myself around them.

    I have read some questionable responses in this thread but I’m choosing not to reply to them as I want this moment to be a positive one. Representation matters. 🌈 💕

    Love ya 🏳️‍🌈

    actually I think this is one of the most positive threads I have been part in with this topic. There are definitely less completely negative posts

  • @UncleStabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221159#Comment_2221159

    You have a very black and white view of things. No one is physically stopping you from being with someone you love, so there is no Oppression, at least in America.

    Straight pride also does not have the ability to supress gay pride either.

    I hope you can learn to see past sexuality and look at the bigger picture. Id hate to think Im a victim 24/7

    LOL - you're really out here telling a minority group that is constantly under attack even in Western countries where being LGBT isn't illegal that just because someone may not be restraining them physically from being with someone (which is debatable in itself) that they AREN'T oppressed? Seriously dude, you need to stop talking on this because it's clear you know nothing about it and your ignorance is extremely belittling to those of us who do understand what it's like.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    It's a bit shocking how these things always get out of hand. Like, we have threads about potentially begging to take teams away from new, glitch-free content for the purposes of console optimization that go for 15-20 pages of people agreeing with one another, but basic, effortless inclusivity is mega controversial.

    A lot of lgbt people play this game for some reason. It has the largest lgbt community in any game I've played personally so it's not surprising to me one bit that this topic ALWAYS blows up.

  • Homophobes finally find excuse for them playing like an ass

  • @glitchboi said:

    The chat on the stream in YouTube were spamming "cringe" while the pride charm was being shown. Children are wack, I tell ya.

    But y'know what? It will work for my "tunnel me" build, so I'm happy. And I'm also glad LGBT is finally represented, even if it's just a charm. As someone who is LG(B)T, I'm happy :D

    They were also spamming it when certain streamers were shown. When they did it to dieharddiva I just turned off chat.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2220770#Comment_2220770

    No, it was edited out. The only way to access the link would be on a pc, find the link in a different comment's quote feature, and open it there. Not sure why you'd go to such lengths and then talk about it when it's already been edited out and someone's already said something to me but to each their own.

    And humour is subjective. What is funny to me is not necessarily funny to other people.

    I wanted some context to what they were talking about, that's why I went looking for it

    And yeah humour is subjective but I thought you'd be against making jokes that generalise people based on characteristics out of their control.

    Not looking to make a big thing of it since it was dealt with already though

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218818#Comment_2218818

    They were also spamming it when certain streamers were shown. When they did it to dieharddiva I just turned off chat.

    Yeah, those children are pesky bastards. I really wanted to punch them in the face but they're only 12 so I can't do that.

  • @_NIGHTMARE_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218966#Comment_2218966

    I don't like that charity either myself...

    I guess we now have more than one thing in common with eachother (yes, I have Autism too.) 😅

    Maybe a simple jigsaw piece would work? But I don't like that representation either... Like I'm not a problem that needs to be solved nor do I have to 'fit in' anywhere..?

    Maybe there's a universal symbol for neuro-diversity that would be more suitable?

    I don't know, really... Let me know your thoughts on this :)

    Yeah, I'd love a jigsaw piece charm! Now that I think of it, I really want one now.

    I'm glad there's a few people on here that have autism like me, heh.

    Also I really like your take on the pride charm thing, love ya man ♥️

  • @Orion said:

    They'll be banned. Easy enough.

    But if the killer doesn't admit its because of the charm, does that mean they'll get away with it?

    Tunneling isn't bannable, so if theres no evidence to say they did it because of the charm, that surely means they will not get banned.

    I think the OP has a point, it won't be as easy as "they'll get banned" which is upsetting :(

    Sorry if this has already been mentioned, this thread is huge.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221282#Comment_2221282

    A lot of lgbt people play this game for some reason. It has the largest lgbt community in any game I've played personally so it's not surprising to me one bit that this topic ALWAYS blows up.

    Same, but not to sound homophobic at all but I've always wondered why was that. Most every person I met who is LGBT has a massive fascination with the horror genre, and I sat there wondering 'is there some kind of connection I'm not seeing?" I do have a bit of an answer but not a full one at least.

    @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218818#Comment_2218818

    They were also spamming it when certain streamers were shown. When they did it to dieharddiva I just turned off chat.

    Really, look I personally didn't like that a good majority of the stream was just fogwhisperes but come on. Hell what did they even say to DiehardDiva

  • @Luciferr_2nd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218430#Comment_2218430

    But if the killer doesn't admit its because of the charm, does that mean they'll get away with it?

    Tunneling isn't bannable, so if theres no evidence to say they did it because of the charm, that surely means they will not get banned.

    I think the OP has a point, it won't be as easy as "they'll get banned" which is upsetting :(

    Sorry if this has already been mentioned, this thread is huge.

    Well.. what about the people that tunnel character that have a different skin color (e.g. only tunneling Claudette, Tapp, Adam and Elodie)

    they don’t get directly banned because especially after one match you cannot determine if the killer did this because they are racist or because it actually just was the right thing to do in that match.


    if someone does these things because they are racist/homophobic/whatever chances are high that they want their ‚opponents‘ to know this. Otherwise there is not really a reason to do this on the first place.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221282#Comment_2221282

    A lot of lgbt people play this game for some reason. It has the largest lgbt community in any game I've played personally so it's not surprising to me one bit that this topic ALWAYS blows up.

    The fact that people wanting representation is controversial says a lot about the community.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221002#Comment_2221002

    I wanted some context to what they were talking about, that's why I went looking for it

    And yeah humour is subjective but I thought you'd be against making jokes that generalise people based on characteristics out of their control.

    Not looking to make a big thing of it since it was dealt with already though

    I'm always shocked when people think I'm a good person who'd be above making these jokes. I've never advertised myself as such so I don't get why people are shocked when I do something that isn't a perfect pure saint of a person.

    But yes, it has been dealt with.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221768#Comment_2221768

    The fact that people wanting representation is controversial says a lot about the community.

    where did that come from I think you mentioned the wrong comment

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221923#Comment_2221923

    where did that come from I think you mentioned the wrong comment

    No, I didn't. It's pretty telling about the community that LGBT rep threads always blow up like this.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221966#Comment_2221966

    No, I didn't. It's pretty telling about the community that LGBT rep threads always blow up like this.

    in a good way or a bad way

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221301#Comment_2221301

    Yeah, I'd love a jigsaw piece charm! Now that I think of it, I really want one now.

    I'm glad there's a few people on here that have autism like me, heh.

    Also I really like your take on the pride charm thing, love ya man ♥️

    Haha, maybe I should do a quick concept art of the charm :)

    Aww, thanks man. I'm glad that I got into this game because the community here can be so nice and heartwarming at times. ♥️

  • I don't see how it's good that so many people want others to be ostracised for being lgbt.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221996#Comment_2221996

    I don't see how it's good that so many people want others to be ostracised for being lgbt.

    ok. I haven't seen anything on this thread saying that

  • I'm wearing that charm forever, so I'll take whatever comes my way for it. Even silly things like tunneling me. If they even bother to notice it.

    If the charm can also be used on the killer for their hooks, then that's nice as well.

  • @_NIGHTMARE_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221889#Comment_2221889

    Haha, maybe I should do a quick concept art of the charm :)

    Aww, thanks man. I'm glad that I got into this game because the community here can be so nice and heartwarming at times. ♥️

    Mhm, it warms my heart! Also, I'd love that!

  • So is the entire segment on straight pride and lgbt+ people being political suddenly invisible or..?

  • I’ve also been worried about being targeted because I’m wearing the pride charm. Thankfully, the DBD community is in general more progressive than other games, but all popular games attract the worst kind of hateful people.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222047#Comment_2222047

    So is the entire segment on straight pride and lgbt+ people being political suddenly invisible or..?

    Oh hey. I see the segment your talking about now. Welp

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221217#Comment_2221217

    "Nobody's silencing anyone" then you're not looking very hard.

    "And the last time I checked, the other eleven months werent celebrated as straight pride month. If straight pride really is a suppression tool, I'd say its not doing a very good job, wouldn't you?"

    So we're just going to ignore the lgbt+ that are spoken over across both social media and irl? We're going to ignore the anti-trans legislation being passed in a lot of countries, the exponentially high number of hate crimes vs lgbt+ people and the suicide rate too? We're going to ignore the majority of trans murder cases in New Zealand going unsolved because of a lack of interest in resolving them or the, again, 79 countries in which it's illegal to be lgbt+? We're going to ignore the hateful language, the slurs, the religion, the fact that conversion therapy is illegal in most first world countries, and much more?

    Yeah, if you look at it with your eyes shut it must seem like there's no suppression going on.

    You're my hero

  • Charm is available now, code "PRIDE"

    Also dbd twitter guy says those targeting players with charm will be punished.

    _20210527_125920.JPG


  • @bm33 said:

    Charm is available now, code "PRIDE"

    Also dbd twitter guy says those targeting players with charm will be punished.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SVMVFDENDTDR/20210527-125920-jpg.jpg

    Hard to enforce unless a killer says in end game chat "thats what you get ofr wearing the charm" or along those lines.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222343#Comment_2222343

    Hard to enforce unless a killer says in end game chat "thats what you get ofr wearing the charm" or along those lines.

    i feel like somebodies going to do that.

1 … 3 4 5 6