Pride month charm is worring me...

As I saw the livestream yesterday and saw the charm. I found it really cool and the charm looks really good.

But then I did the mistake and read the chat and Twitter...

So many (Bad word here) people who write garbage like "I tunnel every one who is wearing that" and stuff that goes in the ddos direction....

I don't know if this charm is "ready" for this community and so many people reacting poorly.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @bm33 said:

    Charm is available now, code "PRIDE"

    Also dbd twitter guy says those targeting players with charm will be punished.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SVMVFDENDTDR/20210527-125920-jpg.jpg

    How are they supposed to identify people that specifically target players wearing them? By ingame reports? What if a 4 man SWF team wears them and reports after the match?

    What if people wear them specifically to report everyone who kills them as hate crime?

  • and if they do, they'll

    A) Be cruising for a ban

    B) Probably forget how to breathe for how braindead they would need to be to admit that. It's like admitting to burglary when you're actively talking to a police officer.

    Not an issue.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222343#Comment_2222343

    Hard to enforce unless a killer says in end game chat "thats what you get ofr wearing the charm" or along those lines.

    I feel like the people dumb enough to target people for wearing a charm are also the people dumb enough to claim that's why they did it.

  • @Orion said:

    They'll be banned. Easy enough.

    I'm not against the charm but why in the world would they get banned for tunneling someone with a charm? Thats not gonna get anyone banned from the game because tunneling is considered a strategy, I could only see them banned if they flame them in the end game chat for it, a charm isn't giving anyone some special immunity from toxicity

  • @justad00d said:

    Not sure why this is needed, but whatever. Don’t really care too much either way. I’m just here to kill people.

    then do what everyone else who actually doesn't care does and don't speak about it.

    there's plenty of comments in this thread about why it's needed. if you feel interested in the topic, read about it and educate yourself on why representation is important. if you honest to god do not care and will not care, just don't comment on it. it's really, really not that hard.

  • Ok, I am sorry but I must ask:

    How are they going to tell the difference between someone getting targeted specifically because of the charm or someone getting camped / tunneled because it was the best play at the moment?

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222343#Comment_2222343

    Hard to enforce unless a killer says in end game chat "thats what you get ofr wearing the charm" or along those lines.

    @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222343#Comment_2222343

    How are they supposed to identify people that specifically target players wearing them? By ingame reports? What if a 4 man SWF team wears them and reports after the match?

    What if people wear them specifically to report everyone who kills them as hate crime?

    I'm going to guess it will be based on people admitting it in the chat. People already say homophobic things in chat so won't be too hard to find them. 😂

  • @GeneralV said:

    Ok, I am sorry but I must ask:

    How are they going to tell the difference between someone getting targeted specifically because of the charm or someone getting camped / tunneled because it was the best play at the moment?

    People are stupid enough to admit to being homophobic/anti-lgbt+ in endgame chat already thinking they won't admit to tunneling someone specifically because they're wearing the pride charm is largely mistaken.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222464#Comment_2222464

    People are stupid enough to admit to being homophobic/anti-lgbt+ in endgame chat already thinking they won't admit to tunneling someone specifically because they're wearing the pride charm is largely mistaken.

    So, no punishments unless the killer admits they did it?

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222478#Comment_2222478

    So, no punishments unless the killer admits they did it?

    Is what I'm assuming and what seems to be the best course of action. If it was just "they tunneled me and I had the charm" it would definitely be pretty unfair.

  • To be fair, how can a killer even see a charm on a survivor? I can hardly make out keys in a lobby.

  • @UncleStabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221139#Comment_2221139

    You cant deny that gay pride has become heavily political. It may not have started that way, but it is now.

    Someones individual sexuality is a different story of course.

    Besides, we'd see how political it really is if a straight pride charm were added, just saying.

    Pride Is a protest against the violent treatment and lack of rights we’ve historically had and still continue to have in the queer and trans community. It’s not just a celebration. The difference with a “straight pride” parade is that straight people have never been historically repressed, jailed, killed for their sexuality.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222490#Comment_2222490

    Is what I'm assuming and what seems to be the best course of action. If it was just "they tunneled me and I had the charm" it would definitely be pretty unfair.

    Alright, that is a relief. I really don't want to get banned for something I did not do.

  • @VioletCrimes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221146#Comment_2221146

    Pride Is a protest against the violent treatment and lack of rights we’ve historically had and still continue to have in the queer and trans community. It’s not just a celebration. The difference with a “straight pride” parade is that straight people have never been historically repressed, jailed, killed for their sexuality.

    So it aims to change the minds of the masses, deliver its message to the world, ansd alter the society we live in to make it more accepting.

    You must admit that's at least semi political, right?

  • @VioletCrimes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222774#Comment_2222774

    That’s not even close to what I said, but nice straw man.

    You're entitled to your opinion, as am I to mine. In the end, the important thing is that we respect everyone regardless of sexuality, race, and gender.

  • @UncleStabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222778#Comment_2222778

    You're entitled to your opinion, as am I to mine. In the end, the important thing is that we respect everyone regardless of sexuality, race, and gender.

    Something that seems to be ignored for the lgbt community 🤔

  • @UncleStabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222778#Comment_2222778

    You're entitled to your opinion, as am I to mine. In the end, the important thing is that we respect everyone regardless of sexuality, race, and gender.

    Respect everyone's race, sexuality and gender until it comes to representation at which point anything lgbt+ is purely political and should be kept out amiright?

  • @MongolPSR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222822#Comment_2222822

    Something that seems to be ignored for the lgbt community 🤔

    In some places yes, but where I live, its not bad at all. Here gay people organize regular parades, can get married, adopt, and express their love for one and other in public.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222822#Comment_2222822

    Respect everyone's race, sexuality and gender until it comes to representation at which point anything lgbt+ is purely political and should be kept out amiright?

    If you bothered to read back, you and everyone else would see that a very level headed individual managed to sway my position. Once again, I take back my statement that it was purely political, and accept that its only semi-political, as is almost everything else.

  • @justad00d said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222460#Comment_2222460

    The problem is not a lack of education. I understand that you want a video game to put a trinket in the game to somehow validate your orientation. Great. But it still doesn’t seem like a necessary addition to me. it’s a fictional horror game where monsters kill people. Not every minority group has to be included everywhere. But Behavior will do what they want to please their customer base. I’m sure that’s why there is a pride flag and not one for BLM, Asian Heritage Month, or any other marginalized group of people.

    The thing is, they already have black/asian survivors and so having a BLM/AHM flag isn't the be-all and end-all. They do not have an LGBT+ character confirmed in the game, nor any LGBT+ relationships. They've shown they care about representing minority ethnicities but nothing on sexuality, so feeling noticed after years of asking is a pretty major step forwards.

    So yes, feeling validated feels good. We already know this thanks to Fog Whisperer Friskk and her reaction to Elodie. "I feel like I'm seeing myself in a video game for the first time."

  • This is another reminder to please discuss things respectfully. Please avoid attacking others. We also do not allow kind of discriminatory behavior here at all and we're welcome to everyone. Someone's identity is not political in any shape or form.

  • @UncleStabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222519#Comment_2222519

    So it aims to change the minds of the masses, deliver its message to the world, ansd alter the society we live in to make it more accepting.

    You must admit that's at least semi political, right?

    If you think human rights issues are too political, sure.

  • @VioletCrimes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222801#Comment_2222801

    If you think human rights issues are too political, sure.

    I never said anything about it being too political, but yes, human rights movements are an important part of politics.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221768#Comment_2221768

    The fact that people wanting representation is controversial says a lot about the community.

    I think the controversy around this topic is somewhat inflated tbh. There are definitely people who don't want any representation and I always find that sus, but most people including myself just don't want bad representation. Usually threads like this blow up because it's like one or 2 people who say that they don't want any whatsoever and say "don't bring politics into the game" and they end up getting into 70 comment long arguments about lgbt people lol.

    It's nice to see that the majority of people don't actively fight to keep the queers as far away from this game as possible though.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221768#Comment_2221768

    Same, but not to sound homophobic at all but I've always wondered why was that. Most every person I met who is LGBT has a massive fascination with the horror genre, and I sat there wondering 'is there some kind of connection I'm not seeing?" I do have a bit of an answer but not a full one at least.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221793#Comment_2221793

    Really, look I personally didn't like that a good majority of the stream was just fogwhisperes but come on. Hell what did they even say to DiehardDiva

    I really don't know why this game in particular attracts lgbt people, maybe we just have good taste in video game genres.

    And for dieharddiva they did the exact same thing as they were doing before and just spamming "cringe".

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2221907#Comment_2221907

    I really don't know why this game in particular attracts lgbt people, maybe we just have good taste in video game genres.

    And for dieharddiva they did the exact same thing as they were doing before and just spamming "cringe".

    More than likely because of BHVR's statements on Twitter.

  • No one should be morally obligated to support gay pride, but no one should be target for supporting it either. That's about as immature as it gets.

    To each their own. Live and let live.

  • @mrcdean97 said:

    All these long chats and going back and forth. It's a friggin charm. A really tiny charm that just allows some people to be able to show their support. LGBT people will use it but I also think many heterosexuals will use it out of support for pride month. You have to also realize that this game has a huge LGBT following and if you are the type of person who will actually tunnel due to this. Get a life or better yet get laid.

    Exactly.

    Out of curiosity, I've seen the latter bit thrown around, how was it established that the game has a huge LGBT following?

  • @mrcdean97 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2223688#Comment_2223688

    Just getting more involved in the community more I've seen a much larger percentage of LGBT members. At the same time we gays love the spooky stuff lmao

    So... there is no actual source?

    "We gays" Please stop, this grouping isn't funny.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2225623#Comment_2225623

    So... there is no actual source?

    "We gays" Please stop, this grouping isn't funny.

    Source on what, exactly? That the game has a large LGBT following? Because that doesn't need a "source", it's a straight fact. Look on replies to BHVR's Tweets, or streamers on Twitch and Youtube, or even the amount of discussion on these very forums about it.

  • @dude103 said:

    Why people angry at charm that has rainbow???

    That’s the big question no one can answer.


    some say they hate it because of their religion, or it brings politics into the game. But they don’t have anything against other stuff that’s already in the game and against their religious beliefs or that already brought political topics in..

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226270#Comment_2226270

    Source on what, exactly? That the game has a large LGBT following? Because that doesn't need a "source", it's a straight fact. Look on replies to BHVR's Tweets, or streamers on Twitch and Youtube, or even the amount of discussion on these very forums about it.

    A source on there being a large LGBT following, specifically. This has been thrown around a lot and I've never seen a basis for it.

    And it actually does need a source because people on these forums also say not to listen to Twitter... Twitter is... unique, the replies don't necessarily represent a large portion of the community, streamers on Twitch and Youtube... you mean smaller streamers? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head... and a people talking about the flag =/= large LGBT following. I have seen people happy about the flag but not necessarily saying that they're LGBT, as well as people explicitly saying they're hetero/straight but also saying they support the flag.

    Also, by bringing up the discussion regarding the new charm, you seem to have just said that the amount of discussion talking about it equals that all of those people are LGBT? That's... concerning.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226602#Comment_2226602

    That’s the big question no one can answer.

    some say they hate it because of their religion, or it brings politics into the game. But they don’t have anything against other stuff that’s already in the game and against their religious beliefs or that already brought political topics in..

    Other, more understandable reasons include not wanting to think of emotionally charged topics like LGBT rights. Video games are considered a form of escapism for everyone. (Key word: Everyone, don't try to imply that I'm defending people who "want to not fight for LGBT rights" or who "want to pretend that LGBT don't exist" or something), people who are expressing discontent in a polite manner and saying "it's political" may not like thinking about issues that are linked with negative history in everyone's minds.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2226635#Comment_2226635

    Other, more understandable reasons include not wanting to think of emotionally charged topics like LGBT rights. Video games are considered a form of escapism for everyone. (Key word: Everyone, don't try to imply that I'm defending people who "want to not fight for LGBT rights" or who "want to pretend that LGBT don't exist" or something), people who are expressing discontent in a polite manner and saying "it's political" may not like thinking about issues that are linked with negative history in everyone's minds.

    Well. The lore already has plenty of emotionally charged topics. Yuis, Zarinas and Janes backstories to name a few.

    and for everyone means also for the people that get discriminated in real life and maybe don’t want to be oppressed, discriminated or explicitly excluded as a character or even a charm representation in a videogame.


    i also usually don’t call out people and try to argue reasonable. But I still get accused of plenty of bad stuff. That’s also on both sides so don’t Act like the pro-LGBTQ+ side is the one to blame here solely


  • @mrcdean97 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2223688#Comment_2223688

    Just getting more involved in the community more I've seen a much larger percentage of LGBT members. At the same time we gays love the spooky stuff lmao

    This is very true. Every player who has chatted with me through this forum or in-game and seemed to be female turned out to be a gay or trans male. Through the various discussions of the charm and whatnot a lot of forum members have also revealed that they were gay. This game has a very large LGBQT playerbase, it would probably surprise a lot of people.

  • I feel like this comment from @Rizzo90 really should just end the discussion

    Screenshot_20210529_185353.jpg


  • @A_Skinny_Legend said:

    I'm wearing that charm forever, so I'll take whatever comes my way for it. Even silly things like tunneling me. If they even bother to notice it.

    If the charm can also be used on the killer for their hooks, then that's nice as well.

    You've probably already seen this by now but yes, it can!

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222052#Comment_2222052

    You've probably already seen this by now but yes, it can!

    And it is incredibly noticeable so it has the double effect of supporting LGBT+ people's and also showing you where the damn hooks are.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2229523#Comment_2229523

    And it is incredibly noticeable so it has the double effect of supporting LGBT+ people's and also showing you where the damn hooks are.

    As a survivor main it does kind of concern me that some of the charms (not just this one) can make the hooks stand out more. Then again if a killer has grabbed me the odds of me getting free are already low to begin with.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2229546#Comment_2229546

    As a survivor main it does kind of concern me that some of the charms (not just this one) can make the hooks stand out more. Then again if a killer has grabbed me the odds of me getting free are already low to begin with.

    I'm gonna be honest, I deliberately adorn my hooks with bright charms just so I can find them. The sheer number of maps that the dark hooks blend into dark backgrounds...

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2229549#Comment_2229549

    I'm gonna be honest, I deliberately adorn my hooks with bright charms just so I can find them. The sheer number of maps that the dark hooks blend into dark backgrounds...

    Nah it's fine, I don't blame you. When I play killer I do it too. Somehow (probably just confirmation bias) but when I play killer it seems like all the hooks are miles away. As survivor, there's always one directly behind me. XD

1 … 4 5 6 ›