Its time for us Killer mains to say goodbye

Auto ban system? Lul after 3 matches you will have enough salt reports for griefing, tunneling, camping, bloodlust abuse, power abuse, bbq abuse, noed, pop abuse etc etc etc.

oof

Comments

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2216344#Comment_2216344

    Well, I share the highly unpopular opinion that EGC shouldn't have ever been implemented, but that is not the point here.

    The fact that it has the potential to kill survivors already makes it more inclined towards killers, does it not?

    Nope. They can 99% gates, and the timer is long enough to get things done.

  • @MintberryCrunch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215774#Comment_2215774

    Well said, why not wait to see how it is implemented? If it is done badly and leads to undeserved bans then people can flip out as much as they like.

    The current report system does nothing clearly, and it's not a good thing, if someone is ruining the game for others with DCs repeatedly then they deserve a ban.

    Wait until it's implemented? How about getting it ironed out before it's implemented? That's one of the concerns. We know how cryptic these devs are.

  • It's definitely a concern. Especially since salty people will have more reason to report with such a feature. "Oh, I lost? REPORT!"

    I feel like instead players should be rewarded for getting a thumbs up. I give them out, but I don't think they do anything. That way you encourage players to play nice, but without punishing players who played the game and faced salty opponents.

  • Even if the system is implemented well, what’s to stop salty SWF from just lying and backing each others stories up?

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2216344#Comment_2216344

    Well, I share the highly unpopular opinion that EGC shouldn't have ever been implemented, but that is not the point here.

    The fact that it has the potential to kill survivors already makes it more inclined towards killers, does it not?

    I never, never, would have thought that someone would actually think EGC is bad because "it can possibly kill Survivors".

    I'm not even trying to be mean when I say this, but I am so glad the devs don't factor in your opinions in their decision making...

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/252222/its-time-for-us-killer-mains-to-say-goodbye

    Yes I think completely overreacting with no information is the wise thing to do in this situation.

    I mean, they LITERALLY said "if you get a certain amount of reports, we'll take action"

    It's not an overreaction. They LITERALLY said it.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2216352#Comment_2216352

    I never, never, would have thought that someone would actually think EGC is bad because "it can possibly kill Survivors".

    I'm not even trying to be mean when I say this, but I am so glad the devs don't factor in your opinions in their decision making...

    No, no, you misunderstand me. I don't think the EGC is bad because it can possibly kill survivors. I think it is bad because I am used to the good ole' days when it didn't exist.

    Possibly killing survivors just make it more inclined towards killers. That is all.

    By the way, saying that you don't want to sound mean before saying something mean doesn't change a thing. I never called you out for your opinions. Please stop doing that.

  • Auto ban systems never ever work properly. Just look at how terrible YouTube's is.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2216491#Comment_2216491

    No, no, you misunderstand me. I don't think the EGC is bad because it can possibly kill survivors. I think it is bad because I am used to the good ole' days when it didn't exist.

    Possibly killing survivors just make it more inclined towards killers. That is all.

    By the way, saying that you don't want to sound mean before saying something mean doesn't change a thing. I never called you out for your opinions. Please stop doing that.

    "Good ole days"? Games would take 20 minutes to end.

  • As I've said, highly unpopular opinion. It is alright if you don't agree with me, but I really liked how things were.

    And, for someone who doesn't like fast-paced trials, a 20 minutes game is a blessing.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2217040#Comment_2217040

    As I've said, highly unpopular opinion. It is alright if you don't agree with me, but I really liked how things were.

    And, for someone who doesn't like fast-paced trials, a 20 minutes game is a blessing.

    You like looking for someone for 10-15 of those minutes? I just don't understand how you enjoy that.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2217052#Comment_2217052

    You like looking for someone for 10-15 of those minutes? I just don't understand how you enjoy that.

    Personal taste is hard to explain, my friend. I just liked it, and can't understand how someone enjoys having a timer to end the game.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2217056#Comment_2217056

    Personal taste is hard to explain, my friend. I just liked it, and can't understand how someone enjoys having a timer to end the game.

    I like it because it forces the game to end, so that I don't spend a long time looking for people. I find people who stealth really boring, and this pretty much removes that option for them.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2217064#Comment_2217064

    I like it because it forces the game to end, so that I don't spend a long time looking for people. I find people who stealth really boring, and this pretty much removes that option for them.

    Fair enough. To each their own :)

    But you see, I like stealth playstyles. I enjoy it as a survivor and my old main had ways could counter them. It is no surprise that one of us likes the EGC, while the other does not.

  • Yeah I'm not too hype for this update. Everyone knows that there's more survivors than killers. Implement this and the game will get worse.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2217073#Comment_2217073

    Fair enough. To each their own :)

    But you see, I like stealth playstyles. I enjoy it as a survivor and my old main had ways could counter them. It is no surprise that one of us likes the EGC, while the other does not.

    Oh, ok.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2217056#Comment_2217056

    Personal taste is hard to explain, my friend. I just liked it, and can't understand how someone enjoys having a timer to end the game.

    As the saying goes: There's no accounting for taste.

    Good, bad, or otherwise, there's no accounting for taste.

  • @Avilgus said:

    To be fair, i can also imagine survivors reporting each other for stealing items 😂

    I feel the urge to report survivors who leave me to be one hooked.

  • @Unifall said:

    Yeah I'm not too hype for this update. Everyone knows that there's more survivors than killers. Implement this and the game will get worse.

    To be fair, there naturally has to be more survivors than killers, but I get what you're meaning. I haven't really enjoyed the killer role starting around PH's chapter and it's declined ever since for me.

  • @VikingWilson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2217064#Comment_2217064

    As the saying goes: There's no accounting for taste.

    Good, bad, or otherwise, there's no accounting for taste.

    Well said, buddy. Well said.

  • @VikingWilson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2217103#Comment_2217103

    To be fair, there naturally has to be more survivors than killers, but I get what you're meaning. I haven't really enjoyed the killer role starting around PH's chapter and it's declined ever since for me.

    Did you see the devs reaction when asked about lobby times?


    You could see the internal screaming in his head about there is nothing they can do and then talked about adding rewards to players to incentivize them to play the side with less players.

  • If I get banned a single time as killer with this new system for no reason and only due reports of outplayed and tilted survivors then I'll start to report gen rushers and "clic clic *tbag*" survivors massively if you like abuse that then I'll abuse too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2217123#Comment_2217123

    Did you see the devs reaction when asked about lobby times?

    You could see the internal screaming in his head about there is nothing they can do and then talked about adding rewards to players to incentivize them to play the side with less players.

    to be fair that somewat worked in WoW when i use to play that. though i still hated healer and getting blamed for stuff they need to strand out of but couldn't heal over it.

  • @IamFran said:

    If I get banned a single time as killer with this new system for no reason and only due reports of outplayed and tilted survivors then I'll start to report gen rushers and "clic clic *tbag*" survivors massively if you like abuse that then I'll abuse too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    yep yah should and ill report those kllers that want you to try to open but will never let you and keep slugging you. i think that would be the killer version of those

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Do you guys ever stop and think "Ok, maybe what I'm about to say is a bit dramatic, maybe I should take a deep breath first" ?

    Look i'm not saying people are abit panicky, but just the level of fright this annoucement has caused should be a biiiiiiiig red flag about how the average killer feels and how toxic (and stupid, because 'everybody wallhakcs') the average swf group is.....

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215774#Comment_2215774

    I mean, they LITERALLY said "if you get a certain amount of reports, we'll take action"

    It's not an overreaction. They LITERALLY said it.

    Yes, but they didn't elaborate. We do not know the conditions needed for a ban. So the hysteria is unwarranted at the moment.

    If it is implemented and leads to unfair bans then everyone will be up in arms and it will be revised or scrapped. They will have of course seen the potential for exploitation and presumably planned around it.

    But why can't we all just hope it is done well, the current system does nothing and in my view people who DC should be banned as they are selfishly ruining multiple people's experience for the sake of a couple of minutes, it's pathetic and needs addressing.

    I am hopeful for a system that actually punishes those who ruin a game, like in many multiplayer games.

  • This is the first time I've ever seen someone say "Bloodlust Abuse" xd

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2217123#Comment_2217123

    Did you see the devs reaction when asked about lobby times?

    You could see the internal screaming in his head about there is nothing they can do and then talked about adding rewards to players to incentivize them to play the side with less players.

    Well this is nothing new, world of warcraft, hearthstone and pretty sure many other games with different roles also does that. Its a commun issue if you have a game wiht different roles to que as.

  • @taimea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2217452#Comment_2217452

    to be fair that somewat worked in WoW when i use to play that. though i still hated healer and getting blamed for stuff they need to strand out of but couldn't heal over it.

    Good old times, thank god I never played heal, but tanking was a nightmare if your mate had no braincells LUL xD

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215774#Comment_2215774

    Well when they mentioned the EGC not doing ANYTHING they haved promised with the issue that it is way too easy to escape once all gens are done and the devs literally said its gonna fix that isse and it didnt happend at the end, ppl knew that. When they added the DC penalty also targeting ppl with random dcs from the game ISSUES not their connections and still getting a DC ban, we where also foreseeing it that the devs dont give ######### about that and well here we are, I am gonna tell you, the devs will not care at all.

    The first thing it's a lie, the EGC it's just meant to assure that the game ends after all the generator are done. Nothing more nothing less.

  • @Progamer888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215827#Comment_2215827

    The first thing it's a lie, the EGC it's just meant to assure that the game ends after all the generator are done. Nothing more nothing less.

    Yes thats it what it is actually but back in a dev stream, I think it was dave not sure who said it but they said literally its also there to not make it so easy for survivors to just open the gates and escape cuz back in the days the "its just too easy for survivors once all gens are done" was a hot topic.

    i watched back then all the dev streams and I clearly remember it how me and my friends got so dissapointed when they finally revealed it along with the really lazy legion nerfs in the ptb.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218650#Comment_2218650

    Yes thats it what it is actually but back in a dev stream, I think it was dave not sure who said it but they said literally its also there to not make it so easy for survivors to just open the gates and escape cuz back in the days the "its just too easy for survivors once all gens are done" was a hot topic.

    i watched back then all the dev streams and I clearly remember it how me and my friends got so dissapointed when they finally revealed it along with the really lazy legion nerfs in the ptb.

    First of all, it pretty stupid to say "it was too difficult for a survivor to get out once the exit are powered" t-they literally completed they're objective already, like all of them, of course it will be easy they already Did everything and i don't recall them saying anything similar, people speculate that was something like that, while the devs said multiple times that it just meant to assure the game to end, people in the community said "it will block exit gate it will do this it will do that" while completely not listening to the devs, for me the EGC it's one of the best things they did ever.

  • @ItzZane_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215766#Comment_2215766

    I got reported by a rank 3 back in october because i blocked a gen with repressed LMAO

    Multiple times, So now I guess I'll have to part ways with Repressed T-T

    I got reported by a killer for looping... lol

  • @Progamer888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2218659#Comment_2218659

    First of all, it pretty stupid to say "it was too difficult for a survivor to get out once the exit are powered" t-they literally completed they're objective already, like all of them, of course it will be easy they already Did everything and i don't recall them saying anything similar, people speculate that was something like that, while the devs said multiple times that it just meant to assure the game to end, people in the community said "it will block exit gate it will do this it will do that" while completely not listening to the devs, for me the EGC it's one of the best things they did ever.

    Well I am not the community, I am a person who watched back then every single dev stream and heared it loud and clearly out of the mougth of someone in the stream. And we all know it is not the first time that something like that happened.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Do you guys ever stop and think "Ok, maybe what I'm about to say is a bit dramatic, maybe I should take a deep breath first" ?

    Looking through the replies on this forum... no, not at all.

  • watch us get report next for not living long enough XD

  • Turst them ...yah like dc ban thing that got ture ban even when he never dc by hackers, that can come back and back to game cause they can make a new account. the dc ban could of worked if it only happen when you the the quit button or if your interenet went out a lot in a given time/ app X out. if the game crashed ever it shouldnt of give a ban, at lest on ps4 xbox and switch cause that the games fault or something wrong on them it self( cause im sure there are ways to force crash on pc) and i think they would be able to see the error. loved it when the game crashed and i had to wait 4 mins.

  • @VikingWilson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215867#Comment_2215867

    Wait until it's implemented? How about getting it ironed out before it's implemented? That's one of the concerns. We know how cryptic these devs are.

    That is somewhat ignoring my point. You are assuming it will be implemented badly, as that is an assumption and not confirmed it seems pointless to me for people to flip out.

    Once it is implemented we will know if it is done well, if it can be exploited then obviously it is a bad thing, but we simply don't know.

    So why not assume they will have accounted for this and wait until it is implemented and we know.

    People who selfishly DC need bans, the current system doesn't do anything.

1 2 ›