Can someone explain how this isn't bannable?

There's no way someone can say this doesnt give someone a massive advantage.


image.png image.png image.png


image.png


Comments

  • Stretched res or filters?

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    Stretched res or filters?

    Both.. The guy said he was using a program called ReShade and had a res of 1080 x 1600

  • The game looks so trashy like that.

  • Lmao

    "It just makes it look nicer"

    Playing with whatever that is looks like punishment in itself honestly


  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207620#Comment_2207620

    Both.. The guy said he was using a program called ReShade and had a res of 1080 x 1600

    Oh yeah I use ReShade too it just makes the game look more colorful and less grey imo never really bothered with stretched res though that shits ugly. Most graphics cards can do filters themselves and I used to use those before I found out about ReShade. Nvidia cards have something simalar built in IIRC.

  • Holy mother of stretched res. And I thought that a round Blight was the worst thing I have seen (there was a Streamer whose Res was so stretched that Blight was as wide as big).

    But this is a completely new Level. I will never understand why people want their game to look like #########, just for an advantage. Especially in a game like DBD.

  • I know ReShade. It lets you meticulously adjust every aspect of the visuals, from shadow depth to color intensity to various overlays and more.

    What I find incredibly sad is that someone is willing to make their game look like absolute-eye killing ######### just to gain an unfair advantage over the other players. Why even play? If you can't win properly, what's the point? People like that are as pathetic as it gets.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Lmao

    "It just makes it look nicer"

    Playing with whatever that is looks like punishment in itself honestly

    Not really, reshades can give you and advantage. For example Tarkov banned reshade, because it was possible to create settings that would make game brighter and you wouldn't have to use NVG or characters' models would be much easier to see. I don't know if those settings are doing it or not, but I don't think reshades should be allowed in multiplayer game, for that very reason.

  • e9c3346a-88bf-4bd7-91c9-3d8d17f3a284.png

    This is how the game is supposed to look.

    There's a Claudette there btw.

    Having settings like that is completely unfair.

  • This looks absolutely terrible

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    This looks absolutely terrible

    Yeah but who cares about enjoyment when there's a win to be had!

  • Devs could easily prevent the stretch resolution issue

  • I just realized that people are giving this buffoon money too. What a ######### world.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    I just realized that people are giving this buffoon money too. What a ######### world.

    Yep. It's sad that people can actually sit and watch this garbage. It physically hurt my eyes after just 2 minutes trying to watch it.

  • @Nomadd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207625#Comment_2207625

    Not really, reshades can give you and advantage. For example Tarkov banned reshade, because it was possible to create settings that would make game brighter and you wouldn't have to use NVG or characters' models would be much easier to see. I don't know if those settings are doing it or not, but I don't think reshades should be allowed in multiplayer game, for that very reason.

    I get it gives advantages (not that I'm completely innocent with my nvidia filters although nothing approaching this level) but I wouldn't really care if I went against someone using this, if this is what they need to win that's unfortunate but mostly for them

  • Nah man, it just looks better. /s

    That stretched res and filter makes the game look like #########.

  • Yoo they're porting DBD to the 3DS?

    Nice

  • Tbh this looks like a detriment, looking at that would hurt my eyes. Also that looks like a game meant for gameboy color

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207646#Comment_2207646

    Yeah but who cares about enjoyment when there's a win to be had!

    People really be out here trying to snatche wins even if it makes their game look like dirty toilet water.

  • Should definitely be banned. Both.

    It looks ugly and does give an advantage to both parties

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207654#Comment_2207654

    People really be out here trying to snatche wins even if it makes their game look like dirty toilet water.

    Honestly. Winning doesn't get you anything in this game other than bloodpoints, the same thing you get by doing ANYTHING in this game. There is no explicit point to winning. You don't gain special abilities, you don't get special awards, you simply get more bloodpoints than if you hadn't won (and sometimes less than if you'd lost). So what's the purpose of winning? Bloodpoints. What do bloodpoints do? Advance your characters. What's the point of advancing your characters? To play more games and earn more bloodpoints.

    So, basically, this person is gimping his own game just so he can have an easier time gaining bloodpoints, which do nothing but ENCOURAGE YOU TO KEEP PLAYING THE GAME. He's so consumed with winning that he's deliberately made his game look like #########, despite the fact that winning isn't going to change anything in his game.

    I mean seriously, unless this jackass is getting some kind of special out of game privileges and attention for this (besides this mockery that he rightfully deserves), he is doing something that literally has zero purpose. He is ruining his game so he can...play more of it.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Holy mother of stretched res. And I thought that a round Blight was the worst thing I have seen (there was a Streamer whose Res was so stretched that Blight was as wide as big).

    But this is a completely new Level. I will never understand why people want their game to look like #########, just for an advantage. Especially in a game like DBD.

    Because people want DbD to be the next Siege and so play like it is.

  • At first glance I thought it was 1992 Wolfenstein!

  • I've seen some pretty ugly tweaks for clarity and/or performance in DBD and other games before, but now I know what truly deep fried DBD looks like.

    And I wish I didn't 🤮

  • @shalo said:

    At first glance I thought it was 1992 Wolfenstein!

    8 Bit Dead By Daylight? lol

  • Consolers like me that openly wonder if Crossplay is fair are usually told something like "there's no difference no advantage we all are playing the same game..." then da fuk is all this?

    Also, why do these screenshots look like someone dropped their GameBoy in battery acid? ;)

  • Yeeeeeah.

    I'd rather lose than play the game looking that awful.

  • you guys sure this is an advantage thing and not a visually impaired thing? because this looks like the kind of distortion you need to see properly when you have eye trauma / a degenerative eye problem.

  • "Playing with whatever that is looks like punishment in itself honestly"

    I agree

  • "It just makes the game look better"

  • Definitely gives a huge advantage...

    To your eye doctor having to do a weekly surgery to replace your fried retinas

  • Who would actually want to watch someone stream that?! It looks awful.

  • i honestly could not care any less about stretched. if someone wins a chase against me because they can see me a little more around the corner, oh well. i wouldn't know. it visually looks awful and so i choose not to use it because i don't care enough, but i really don't mind if someone else is using it.

    I use filters because my eyes are strained without them and i get headaches. am i a cheater now?

  • @Haddix said:

    i honestly could not care any less about stretched. if someone wins a chase against me because they can see me a little more around the corner, oh well. i wouldn't know. it visually looks awful and so i choose not to use it because i don't care enough, but i really don't mind if someone else is using it.

    I use filters because my eyes are strained without them and i get headaches. am i a cheater now?

    The example OP gave is someone using a stretched resolution and graphical filters in order to gain an advantage where there should not be one.

    How is this fair to vanilla players or to people who play on Console?


    Nobody said that if you use them, you are automatically a cheater. What we have said is that, in this case (and most cases) they are being used to gain an advantage.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2208411#Comment_2208411

    The example OP gave is someone using a stretched resolution and graphical filters in order to gain an advantage where there should not be one.

    How is this fair to vanilla players or to people who play on Console?

    Nobody said that if you use them, you are automatically a cheater. What we have said is that, in this case (and most cases) they are being used to gain an advantage.

    just sharing my personal opinion, which is unpopular.

    when playing against them, I wouldn't be able to tell. I lose the game, oh well, I didn't suspect a thing and don't care. I move on to the next match. A blatant cheater that's increasing their speed/repair times or something? Yeah, that's literally hacking. but this, I don't care. especially not the filters part. they barely give an advantage, it's mostly just stretched that will.

    even then, if filters were bannable, that would be unfair to anybody that has a visual impairment or issues with headaches. I really don't care that timmythegamer in 1/100000 games that I'll play will have a slight visual advantage over me because he's got a filter if that means that people who literally wouldn't be able to play the game without filters can freely use them.

    if stretched was bannable, cool. if it's not, cool. i don't really think it matters that much. i'd wager that an insanely small amount of people that play this game actually use it.

    "What we have said is that, in this case (and most cases) they are being used to gain an advantage."

    what would you like done about it?

  • @Haddix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2208419#Comment_2208419

    just sharing my personal opinion, which is unpopular.

    when playing against them, I wouldn't be able to tell. I lose the game, oh well, I didn't suspect a thing and don't care. I move on to the next match. A blatant cheater that's increasing their speed/repair times or something? Yeah, that's literally hacking. but this, I don't care. especially not the filters part. they barely give an advantage, it's mostly just stretched that will.

    even then, if filters were bannable, that would be unfair to anybody that has a visual impairment or issues with headaches. I really don't care that timmythegamer in 1/100000 games that I'll play will have a slight visual advantage over me because he's got a filter if that means that people who literally wouldn't be able to play the game without filters can freely use them.

    if stretched was bannable, cool. if it's not, cool. i don't really think it matters that much. i'd wager that an insanely small amount of people that play this game actually use it.

    "What we have said is that, in this case (and most cases) they are being used to gain an advantage."

    what would you like done about it?

    Preferably, to include filter options in game, so that everyone has access to them and to ban the stretching of resolution.

  • Honestly, with how dark some of the maps are currently, like Badham and Autohaven, I'd put on a gamma filter as well. Those maps are so dark its damn near unplayable.

  • My god.. im pretty sure using reshade in dbd is banneable as it is for other games that also use eac so... that guy won't be streaming for too long.

  • I play with maximum brightness because otherwise I can't see a thing and I can see how that is tiring my eyes. The game should be slightly brighter or either ######### rework Claudette.

  • Wait til you find that survivor main who uses 1080x1080 with the game even brighter than this.

    "It just looks better''

  • Nope. I play with the gamma turned up because otherwise maps are so dark I literally cannot navigate them.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207636#Comment_2207636

    Because people want DbD to be the next Siege and so play like it is.

    Probably. I mean, for me, it is already bad that low Settings give you an advantage by making the game brighter. This should not be the case. (It is not as bad as it was with Warthunder, when low Settings removed grass, which allowed to see tanks which would be hidden on high settings, but still.)

    Personally, I dont really care about stretched res, since I have no way of knowing if the other side is using it, unless they are a Streamer. But if I see people who make their game look like #########, it is just sad.

  • In-game brightness setting and FOV slider? Bad

    Third party programs to make your game brighter and stretched resolution to let you see over loops you should not be able to see? Who cares

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Lmao

    "It just makes it look nicer"

    Playing with whatever that is looks like punishment in itself honestly

    Yeah when you ask them why they play like that it's always:

    "It's for looks and appearance"

    And not the fact that it completely shuts down mindgames on most loops and gives you clear vision almost over the whole map.

    I don't understand either how this isn't bannable yet.

  • @Irisora said:

    My god.. im pretty sure using reshade in dbd is banneable as it is for other games that also use eac so... that guy won't be streaming for too long.

    It isnt im pretty sure. People have been using it for ages and most gpus can do the same thing without reshade by just applying it to your whole PC.

  • Um. Might be a dumb question. I use native resolution but I do have NVIDIA filters. How similar are those to this ReShade thing? Is it bannable?

  • Jesus christ thats ugly as sin.

  • Yeah having to look at that for more than 30 seconds would give me a headache.

  • @syain said:

    Um. Might be a dumb question. I use native resolution but I do have NVIDIA filters. How similar are those to this ReShade thing? Is it bannable?

    You can't be banned for using your gpu drivers. Not to mention nVidia has a policy to disable that funcionality for a specific game at devs' request.

    Reshade is a little different, because it requires installing files in your game directory. If one day EAC decided to backlist them, you'd be flagged. It's never happened in dbd, afaik.

‹ 1 2