Can someone explain how this isn't bannable?

There's no way someone can say this doesnt give someone a massive advantage.


image.png image.png image.png


image.png


Comments

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    Consolers like me that openly wonder if Crossplay is fair are usually told something like "there's no difference no advantage we all are playing the same game..." then da fuk is all this?

    Also, why do these screenshots look like someone dropped their GameBoy in battery acid? ;)

    This. So much this.

  • how the ######### can someone play with stretched out res, what are you a ######### fish?

  • Ok and why should a

    trapper, nurse, hag, doctor, huntress, freddy, clown, spirit, goofy, oni, slinger, pyramid, blight, twins, trickster care about that?

    They all have got an ability which allows them to counter looping where it's not nessecary that you're hidden as a killer.

    And it's also heavily map depending how much of an advantage that would be.

    And did you seen how miserable this looks? Wouldn't be surprised if this is unhealthy for your eyes.

    This game is btw casual, not an E Sport.

    And yea I also got filters (geforce experience) which make the game brighter and more enjoyable. Just a few days ago they didn't started with the game and I was like #########. I couldn't see anything on my screen. Sorry but default dbd is way too dark and again, not an e sport.

  • @Akito said:

    Ok and why should a

    trapper, nurse, hag, doctor, huntress, freddy, clown, spirit, goofy, oni, slinger, pyramid, blight, twins, trickster care about that?

    They all have got an ability which allows them to counter looping where it's not nessecary that you're hidden as a killer.

    And it's also heavily map depending how much of an advantage that would be.

    And did you seen how miserable this looks? Wouldn't be surprised if this is unhealthy for your eyes.

    This game is btw casual, not an E Sport.

    And yea I also got filters (geforce experience) which make the game brighter and more enjoyable. Just a few days ago they didn't started with the game and I was like #########. I couldn't see anything on my screen. Sorry but default dbd is way too dark and again, not an e sport.

    And default locked at Ultra DBD is what console gets, with precious few setting options to play with...

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209185#Comment_2209185

    And default locked at Ultra DBD is what console gets, with precious few setting options to play with...

    Oh I know. If I'm not at home and bored I'm putting out my Nintendo Switch and play dbd from time to time. I know. I also respect console players for hitting every struggle-skill check. I wouldn't play on a console voluntarily.

  • @Akito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209189#Comment_2209189

    Oh I know. If I'm not at home and bored I'm putting out my Nintendo Switch and play dbd from time to time. I know. I also respect console players for hitting every struggle-skill check. I wouldn't play on a console voluntarily.

    You play this game on Switch? This? Game?

    Such a brave soul! I lift my plastic cup of Mountain Dew in honor of your deeds!

  • if you're envious, play with stretched resolution and reshade, stop complaining for nothing.

  • @Vicc said:

    if you're envious, play with stretched resolution and reshade, stop complaining for nothing.

    And exactly how would we accomplish this on console?

  • @Vicc said:

    if you're envious, play with stretched resolution and reshade, stop complaining for nothing.

    Yeah I'm really envious of all the bright pixels and washed out colours

  • Ask the devs for an option that allow to change the resolution in the game menu.

    or

    Turn crossplay off if you don't want face up to stretched's users.

  • @Vicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209259#Comment_2209259

    Ask the devs for an option that allow to change the resolution in the game menu.

    or

    Turn crossplay off if you don't want face up to stretched's users.

    Ask the devs for an option that allow to change the resolution in the game menu.

    It's honestly ridiculous that the 5th anniversary is approaching and we have a resolution slider.

    Why is it a slider? I honestly haven't seen any other game that doesn't have the standard resolution settings ,either with arrows or dropdown.

  • I use Reshade, but literally just to slightly filter and improve the look of the game. Because at base, I think it looks trasssh, especially with the new reworks making the maps look all the same/generic.

    Didn't even know you could do this using that software, #########?


    I know of a couple of streamers I end up against regularly that do this kind of thing, especially the stretched res, and it just feels gross to realise that they're doing this while also abusing bugs that remove limitations intentionally designed into the game for balance reasons.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209289#Comment_2209289

    Ask the devs for an option that allow to change the resolution in the game menu.

    It's honestly ridiculous that the 5th anniversary is approaching and we have a resolution slider.

    Why is it a slider? I honestly haven't seen any other game that doesn't have the standard resolution settings ,either with arrows or dropdown.

    Because it's resolution scaling and a slider make some sense for that. Put it to 65% (the minimum) and the game will be rendered at 65% of your actual resolution (your desktop resolution) to offer better performance. Then "stretched"/inflated to fit your whole screen.

    I do agree that we should really have traditional resolution options though. Even ones tied to your aspect ratio would be great and would avoid "stretched res", so if your native is 1920x1080 you can change to something like 1280x720 no problem without dealing with percentages. Better performance, no difference in the "stretchiness" of the visuals as they're both 16:9 aspect ratio.

  • Don't mind me, just waiting for a mod/dev to reply :)


  • @Vicc said:

    if you're envious, play with stretched resolution and reshade, stop complaining for nothing.

    Envious? Not in the slightest.. blatantly using 3rd party programs to increase your reds to the point that they become a homing beacon is ridiculous and shouldn't be legal.

  • @Luciferr_2nd said:

    Don't mind me, just waiting for a mod/dev to reply :)

    Same but they won't reply most likely.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2208426#Comment_2208426

    Preferably, to include filter options in game, so that everyone has access to them and to ban the stretching of resolution.

    If you're on PC and have an nvidia graphics card, you already have access to filters, use the geforce experience overlay (Alt+Z, you should already have it because it's how you update your drivers) and then press game filters. Tweak to your liking.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2208444#Comment_2208444

    If you're on PC and have an nvidia graphics card, you already have access to filters, use the geforce experience overlay (Alt+Z, you should already have it because it's how you update your drivers) and then press game filters. Tweak to your liking.

    They should be included in the game, otherwise it isn't fair to people without nvidia.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209439#Comment_2209439

    They should be included in the game, otherwise it isn't fair to people without nvidia.

    Unfortunately, this is the pc/console disparity. Nvidia filters and reshade will always be exclusive to pc. If they want to make it fair, they can disable it like in CSGO. Seeing as how DBD isn't a comp game, I don't think they will. Graphics settings like low, med, high, and ultra should be included on all platforms though.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207690#Comment_2207690

    Honestly. Winning doesn't get you anything in this game other than bloodpoints, the same thing you get by doing ANYTHING in this game. There is no explicit point to winning. You don't gain special abilities, you don't get special awards, you simply get more bloodpoints than if you hadn't won (and sometimes less than if you'd lost). So what's the purpose of winning? Bloodpoints. What do bloodpoints do? Advance your characters. What's the point of advancing your characters? To play more games and earn more bloodpoints.

    So, basically, this person is gimping his own game just so he can have an easier time gaining bloodpoints, which do nothing but ENCOURAGE YOU TO KEEP PLAYING THE GAME. He's so consumed with winning that he's deliberately made his game look like #########, despite the fact that winning isn't going to change anything in his game.

    I mean seriously, unless this jackass is getting some kind of special out of game privileges and attention for this (besides this mockery that he rightfully deserves), he is doing something that literally has zero purpose. He is ruining his game so he can...play more of it.

    It's not about winning in the game, it's about winning in general. Some people's egos are so fragile or they have been taught winning is everything. Some people are too competitive for whatever reason, they can't handle losing and will take any shortcut they can. Everyone is damaged in some way, some are just more noticeable than others.

  • @smappdooda said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2207919#Comment_2207919

    It's not about winning in the game, it's about winning in general. Some people's egos are so fragile or they have been taught winning is everything. Some people are too competitive for whatever reason, they can't handle losing and will take any shortcut they can. Everyone is damaged in some way, some are just more noticeable than others.

    It's just...sad.

    It's like someone entering a marathon around the city or something and secretly driving to a block away from the finish line. I would ask "In what way do you seriously derive anything resembling a sense of accomplishment for not using your skills or abilities to actually accomplish anything"?

    I mean in this game it's even worse since wins don't mean anything. There is no scoreboard, there is no ticker tape parade. You're just...well, cheating yourself to first place for no real benefit other than the same cycle of gameplay that the people who don't win also get. The guy might as well design a program where he presses a button and the match just ends with him "winning". I mean if the goal of winning is SO important to someone's fragile little ego that they aren't even going to play the game properly, why play at all? In fact, why not just print himself a Tshirt that says "officially recognized number 1 worldwide DBD player" and save himself hours and hours of time?

  • Wow, the game finally looks scary. My nightmare has always been to get chased in a McDonalds play area.

  • @Slickstyles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209473#Comment_2209473

    Unfortunately, this is the pc/console disparity. Nvidia filters and reshade will always be exclusive to pc. If they want to make it fair, they can disable it like in CSGO. Seeing as how DBD isn't a comp game, I don't think they will. Graphics settings like low, med, high, and ultra should be included on all platforms though.

    I constantly read on this forum PCrs whose rigs have trouble running DBD drop the graphics setting to low, granting a decent performance boost apparently.

    Console obviously would benefit greatly from such options added.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2208507#Comment_2208507

    It isnt im pretty sure. People have been using it for ages and most gpus can do the same thing without reshade by just applying it to your whole PC.

    I woudn't risk it anyway. There are other games that use EAC and forbid you the use of reshade, like SCUM for example and one thing is using your hardware software and another complete different thing is using injected dll files that modify a game in many ways.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Lmao

    "It just makes it look nicer"

    Playing with whatever that is looks like punishment in itself honestly

    I almost vomited looking at those colors. My eyes just went nuts DX

  • That streamer is just sad. Plain and simple. Seems like all the so called DBD "pros" use some sort of stretch res, and act like they are gods because they find any way possible to create themselves an advantage. just sad

  • Is this Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning?

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209766#Comment_2209766

    It's just...sad.

    It's like someone entering a marathon around the city or something and secretly driving to a block away from the finish line. I would ask "In what way do you seriously derive anything resembling a sense of accomplishment for not using your skills or abilities to actually accomplish anything"?

    I mean in this game it's even worse since wins don't mean anything. There is no scoreboard, there is no ticker tape parade. You're just...well, cheating yourself to first place for no real benefit other than the same cycle of gameplay that the people who don't win also get. The guy might as well design a program where he presses a button and the match just ends with him "winning". I mean if the goal of winning is SO important to someone's fragile little ego that they aren't even going to play the game properly, why play at all? In fact, why not just print himself a Tshirt that says "officially recognized number 1 worldwide DBD player" and save himself hours and hours of time?

    A girl from my class back in high school did that exact thing in the London marathon. She got caught and bc her brother was vaguely famous it ended up in the national news

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209778#Comment_2209778

    A girl from my class back in high school did that exact thing in the London marathon. She got caught and bc her brother was vaguely famous it ended up in the national news

    Seriously? On one hand I'm surprised because I thought that this was a pretty extreme example. On the other hand I'm not, because being perceived as a "winner" is just THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE for some people.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209778#Comment_2209778

    A girl from my class back in high school did that exact thing in the London marathon. She got caught and bc her brother was vaguely famous it ended up in the national news

    Just imagine joining a Marathon, where the entire point is to run somewhere, and caring that much about a plastic trophy where you just drive to the finish

    that is pathetic on a whole other level

  • I'm surprised it doesn't give them a massive headache.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2210742#Comment_2210742

    Seriously? On one hand I'm surprised because I thought that this was a pretty extreme example. On the other hand I'm not, because being perceived as a "winner" is just THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE for some people.

    Pretty much, yeah

    @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2210742#Comment_2210742

    Just imagine joining a Marathon, where the entire point is to run somewhere, and caring that much about a plastic trophy where you just drive to the finish

    that is pathetic on a whole other level

    She was supposed to be doing it for charity as well...

  • honestly you would have to pay me to play like this.

    they surely intend to gain an advantage but that is more of a hindrance than anything.

  • its not bannable because its not detectable. there's no realistic way for bhvr to enforce a rule banning stretched res or ridiculous filters, unfortunately.

  • @deckyr said:

    you guys sure this is an advantage thing and not a visually impaired thing? because this looks like the kind of distortion you need to see properly when you have eye trauma / a degenerative eye problem.

    That's what I was thinking, but regardless of that, I doubt BHVR would even be able to ban someone for this if they wanted to, as I know it's possible to do just on some monitor's hardware settings and/or monitor software.

    (btw even if this in specific is only possible using whatever software that guy was using, it can be closely replicated with the utilities I mentioned)

  • I too bring night vision goggles when I play hide and seek. It's just personal preference, I think it looks better and reduces eye strain. /s

  • @Irisora said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2208901#Comment_2208901

    I woudn't risk it anyway. There are other games that use EAC and forbid you the use of reshade, like SCUM for example and one thing is using your hardware software and another complete different thing is using injected dll files that modify a game in many ways.

    They really aren't different things in fact 90% of reshade filters you can just drag and drop into your nvidia freestyle directory and they will work just the same there as they do with reshade

    The only reason you have a DLL file in your game files with reshade is so that the game automatically boots it when you run/saves your set up, which isn't necessary with freestyle, since it's always running in the background on the machines of people who have it

  • @gnehehe said:

    Devs could easily prevent the stretch resolution issue

    how do you know?

  • Because editing an ini file to get unexpected resolution is not huge issue to fix

1 2 ›