Pig is pretty weak, how would you buff her

I mean she can be good but the thing that holds her back is that her crouch is kinda weak and her beartraps are really RNG based and RNG sucks for both sides. I think they can make the RNG of the traps less like the trapper change low chance on the 1, moderate chance on the 2 second but high in the 3, and 4

this will also make her way more fun to play and not get screwed over by RNGesus.

her couch should also be 100%

Comments

  • Shes is OP...according to stats

    🙂

  • @Avilgus said:

    Shes is OP...according to stats

    🙂

    i know man

    what was I thinking she needs a nerf

  • Let her join the ranks of power lunge = breaks pallets

  • @WeenieDog said:

    Let her join the ranks of power lunge = breaks pallets

    that would be the funniest and scariest thing to see from a 3rd person pov

  • She needs an addon rework. Her add-ons that affect the odds of players being able to search all boxes is oppressive. Her brown add-ons are good and balanced, they are fine but the higher raritys are just either useless or oppressive in terms of RNG.

    If we wanted to buff her base kit, make straps base kit, make the keys not in a set place. Too unreliable. Make it work the same as escaping from a trap from trapper, an increasing odds of escaping after each attempt. This is just about all she needs for the most part, consistency and for her crouching to be on par with GF or close to it.

    A more extreme buff is to allow traps to be active without the requirement of a gen finishing. I'd love this to death but again, this is more extreme.

    As a pig main, this is all pig needs.

  • -Revert her TR back to 28 metres, as it used to be.

    -Increased movement speed while crouched.

    -Combat Straps base-kit

    -Traps are instantly activated during the EGC

    Just a few ideas, but I am certainly not the best person to comment on Pig's balance. If a Pig main out there is willing to give me a hand, I would appreciate it ;)

  • If you really want to buff her up, I suggest protein powder with a slight calorie surplus supplemented with a decent training regime.

    Be careful about the surplus calories though, she's already a pig and you wouldn't want it to go too far...

  • They could probably make ambush more useful. An idea I have is the ability to recharge it for more duration, similar to Bubba's chainsaw charges. It would be fun to play against and actually give her solid anti-loop.

  • @Shymare_11 said:

    I honestly do not really play pig and just want to put this out as a adding to the collective pot of ideas type of thing not a stand alone, completely balanced and functional rework. I made this in the Pig Rework/Change Brainstorm thread and wanted a wider audience to see since someone out there can probably make this work or at least take some aspect and finally make the right changes for a better pig.

    Well here it is:

    I think that pig’s ambush attack can be changed to where if the pig uses it and they are within hitting distance of a survivor, instead of the survivor taking damage (and the survivor is not in a stationary animation like repairing or vaulting), a short animation (0.5-1 sec) occurs where she places a trap on their head with the survivor remaining at the health state they are at and having the hit cool down (though it will be maybe 30% shorter and it can be affected by unrelenting and save the best for last). Otherwise, if the survivor is already in an animation, already has a trap on, or the pig has no more traps, it is a normal damaging hit or a grab with a shorter cool down for both successful and missed attacks. Traps can still be placed when the survivor is downed.

    Other changes are, her traps automatically activate when placed on a survivor’s head, however, the timer is paused if the survivor is in a chase, in the dying health state, has the deep wounds status effect, or hooked.

    The puzzle boxes are changed to allow for all sides to be used to remove traps, however only one survivor can use it at any given moment. Survivors can no longer achieve great skill checks for puzzle boxes and failing a skill check/completing a search no longer alerts the Pig of their location—however, now the regression penalty is increased (10 or 15%).

    The Pig can go to any puzzle box and sabotage them (3 second cancel able interaction), forcing the next survivor that attempts to search it to perform a tremendously difficult skill check, that if failed decreases the search speed by 10% and removes 15 seconds off the trap timer (will have related addons). If the survivor succeeds, the Pig is notified when the search is completed.

    Pig should also get more traps (9-12) and obviously the roaring should be removed for when she ambushes with more dedicated addons for it as well. 

    Some ideas here:

    •Rusty Blade [ultra rare or very rare]: Ambushing with traps and resulting in the survivor getting a reverse bear trap placed on their head causes the trapped survivor, if the survivor is healthy, to additionally become injured by one health state. If the survivor is injured, to be put into the dying health state. (With a new ambush trapping animation that show her slitting their throats as she traps them).

    •Septic Gears [rare]: Any traps placed while ambushing take moderately (25%) longer to remove.

    •Remote Radar Sensor [ultra rare]: When a survivor removes their bear trap, the Pig can the aura of all survivors that do not have a trap for 5 seconds.

    •Heel Guards [uncommon]: Moderately (+8%) increases your movement speed while crouched and ambushing.

    •Jigsaw Hand [common]: Remain undetectable slightly (+3 seconds) longer after uncrouching or ambushing.

    •Wired Cuffs [uncommon]: Survivors that fail to succeed the sabotaged puzzle box skill check are inflicted with the deep wounds status effect.

    Thoughts?

    Basically, this. Brings more “unity” to her power, or at least makes them somewhat related.

  • @GeneralV said:

    -Revert her TR back to 28 metres, as it used to be.

    -Increased movement speed while crouched.

    -Combat Straps base-kit

    -Traps are instantly activated during the EGC

    Just a few ideas, but I am certainly not the best person to comment on Pig's balance. If a Pig main out there is willing to give me a hand, I would appreciate it ;)

    I'd be down to help!

  • 1. Full add-on rework. More crouch and ambush add-ons, more stall add-ons, rework Tampered Timer and Rule Set No.2 in particular.

    2. Slightly buff crouch and ambush. Crouch now moves at 4.0m/s, so it can be used more often, and the Ambush lasts for .5 seconds longer. Doesn't sound like a lot, but the Ambush is already strong in the right hands - this'd just get rid of the edge cases where a survivor is just out of reach, making it a bit more useful in longer loops.

    3. RBT rework. Now instead of fixed RNG, each RBT has a specific number of boxes that need to be searched in order to remove it. One of your 4 RBT's will be taken off on the first box, another will require 2, another 3, and another 4. This would be randomised in order, and would help give Pig a consistent stalling ability as at least two of your traps will delay survivors for awhile. Last Will would give a 2 box trap.

    They won't buff Pig too much because of her high killrate, so I feel a rework and minor buffs is the best we can hope for. Of course, when RBT RNG is normalised and Tampered Timer is nerfed, I bet we can expect to see her kill rate stop being so inflated from free kills.

  • Imo the buff pig needs is rather simple. Make every trap take 3 boxes, or 4 with add ons that create a 5th box, to take off. This removes the rng aspect and buffs her stall potential while also preventing that annoying situation where a pig camps the last box.

    She also needs an add-on pass and her dash could use some slight tweeks but overall removing rng would be a huge QOL change for her and survivors.

  • Ah, I was hoping someone would! Thank you, my friend :)

    Alright, so we agree that Combat Straps need to be base-kit, but I must admit I wasn't thinking about a full add-on pass. Thanks to Billy, I am kinda scared of those, but you are probably right about it.

    And I like your suggestion of traps losing the gen requirement, but I think it should be restricted to EGC.

    What do you think of her TR? Should it be reverted back to 28 metres?

  • Give her the ability to recollect traps or give her infinite. Normally, you'd only ever use eight traps with an infinite amount if you're not the slugging type so getting four more or just three more if you're using the add-on doesn't seem like a big deal.

    Give her an add-on or make it base where traps will auto-activated after a certain period of time. This could give her some end game potential back.

    I actually think the dash is fine. Maybe a little buff but overall I think it's okay.

    A trap rework would be interesting. I've seen some ideas like each trap is based on a number. So 1 trap will always take four tries while the others will take three, two and one respectively. Random which one you get of course.

    There is the idea where you keep the timer progress when you get another trap on but the timer length is buffed at base to compensate.

    I also like the lower terror radius idea mentioned above.

  • I think a cool idea would be enhancing the ambush's strength when it's used out of line of sight. So, while in sight of a survivor, crouching speed and the ambush stay the same, but when you're out of sight, you get a little visual change on the power icon, showing that your power is "buffed." You'd be considered out of sight by simply walking behind objects or crouching behind an object to the point where your body is concealed enough to consider you "out of sight." Think Ghostface's reveal mechanic. This would enhance your crouch at short wall loops that conceal you enough, even if a survivor is on the other side.

    While out of sight, you crouch and uncrouch at combat strap speed, your crouch's movement speed is increased to 4.0m/s, your ambush's duration is extended, and the ambush's speed is increased a bit as well. You could even buff the charge time as well, but I know some Pig players apparently don't like increased charge time because it can mess with muscle memory. That's what I've heard from Scorpionz, lol.

    So, in a jungle gym, you wouldn't be able to just crouch right behind a survivor and ambush for a free hit, but you could crouch out of LOS behind one of the walls, keep yourself concealed, and ambush from an unexpected spot with a higher chance of getting a hit compared to the normal ambush. It keeps the idea of her being a pseudo stealth and chase killer, but applies it to her chase and forces her to strategize a bit in order to use a stronger version of her ambush.

  • All she needs is to be able to insta-crouch like GF. That's about it. If you decreased her dash timer, she would just buttride you.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2188749#Comment_2188749

    Ah, I was hoping someone would! Thank you, my friend :)

    Alright, so we agree that Combat Straps need to be base-kit, but I must admit I wasn't thinking about a full add-on pass. Thanks to Billy, I am kinda scared of those, but you are probably right about it.

    And I like your suggestion of traps losing the gen requirement, but I think it should be restricted to EGC.

    What do you think of her TR? Should it be reverted back to 28 metres?

    Eh, decreasing her terror radius is OK but I personally don't see much difference in doing so. To be honest, the buff is more of a quality of life for whispers but it's not needed. It won't break her, won't make her strong or weak without it, its just a "oh sweet" kind of thing, other than that, it won't fix her issues.

    I like the idea of her traps being active again during EGC, I'd love to bring back her end game builds again and it would probably be a more balanced buff compared to what I said.

    I mostly just want tempered timer and the addon that increases time to search boxes changed just so behavior can be more confident in buffing her power and properly fix her kill stats. The usless debuff add-ons should be changed to affect her charge attack instead in my opinion, I'd love for that ability to be used more, especially in chases.

    That's about it tho.

    So what are you struggling with the pig at the moment?

  • @GeneralV said:

    -Revert her TR back to 28 metres, as it used to be.

    -Increased movement speed while crouched.

    -Combat Straps base-kit

    -Traps are instantly activated during the EGC

    Just a few ideas, but I am certainly not the best person to comment on Pig's balance. If a Pig main out there is willing to give me a hand, I would appreciate it ;)

    i like this buff a lot

  • @Soulpaw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2188783#Comment_2188783

    Eh, decreasing her terror radius is OK but I personally don't see much difference in doing so. To be honest, the buff is more of a quality of life for whispers but it's not needed. It won't break her, won't make her strong or weak without it, its just a "oh sweet" kind of thing, other than that, it won't fix her issues.

    I like the idea of her traps being active again during EGC, I'd love to bring back her end game builds again and it would probably be a more balanced buff compared to what I said.

    I mostly just want tempered timer and the addon that increases time to search boxes changed just so behavior can be more confident in buffing her power and properly fix her kill stats. The usless debuff add-ons should be changed to affect her charge attack instead in my opinion, I'd love for that ability to be used more, especially in chases.

    That's about it tho.

    So what are you struggling with the pig at the moment?

    Yeah, I actually had Whispers in my mind when I mentioned her TR, I think it would help with the ambush. And I am glad to see that we agree about her traps, I thought I was completely wrong about it but apparently that wasn't the case :)

    Well, I was asking for help mostly with the discussion, because a Pig main has much more knowledge about her than a Freddy main. However, I would appreciate a build suggestion 👀

  • I just wish they had the right to use Shawnee Smith's likeness. :)

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2188808#Comment_2188808

    Yeah, I actually had Whispers in my mind when I mentioned her TR, I think it would help with the ambush. And I am glad to see that we agree about her traps, I thought I was completely wrong about it but apparently that wasn't the case :)

    Well, I was asking for help mostly with the discussion, because a Pig main has much more knowledge about her than a Freddy main. However, I would appreciate a build suggestion 👀

    A general all round build would be

    -Whispears for tracking

    -Endearing so you don't have to respect pallets, especially when dashing.

    -Ruin for obvious reasons.

    - last perk is up to you. I run devour because it's fun but for more consistency, surveillance, pop, or surge. I disagree with save the best for last because I like using charge attacks alot but otherwise, go for it.

  • @Soulpaw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2188884#Comment_2188884

    A general all round build would be

    -Whispears for tracking

    -Endearing so you don't have to respect pallets, especially when dashing.

    -Ruin for obvious reasons.

    - last perk is up to you. I run devour because it's fun but for more consistency, surveillance, pop, or surge. I disagree with save the best for last because I like using charge attacks alot but otherwise, go for it.

    Alright, I will make sure to try it out as soon as I can. Thank you, my friend. I appreciate the help.

  • Make it so that survivors can not take off the hat on the first try but they will never be forced to take off their hat on the last try. This makes things more fair for both sides.

  • @piggygooik said:

    I mean she can be good but the thing that holds her back is that her crouch is kinda weak and her beartraps are really RNG based and RNG sucks for both sides. I think they can make the RNG of the traps less like the trapper change low chance on the 1, moderate chance on the 2 second but high in the 3, and 4

    this will also make her way more fun to play and not get screwed over by RNGesus.

    her couch should also be 100%

    1 make it where you almost never get the trap off at the first box have a rng of 1 in 30 after that a key is assigned to a box

    2 pig moves at 100% while crouched

    3 change her skill check addons to randomly make them spawn backwards thos would be enough I believe

  • I'd rework her traps first off:

    • Make them never come off first try but always by the third (so she can't just hover a box on small maps or crouch in front of the person's last box if the timer is close). It also removes randomly dying to an unlucky fourth box using Tampered Timer + Crate of Gears
    • Downing someone with a trap increases the time remaining. Alternatively, a survivor stopping work on a box saves their progress, so if they do a box 50% and Pig stops them then the next time they touch that box their progress begins at 50%

    Then buff the rest of her kit to fix her problems of downing good survivors to get traps out in the first place:

    • Crouching made faster
    • Crouched move speed up to 3.8 or even 4 m/s
    • Ambush slightly faster charge time (might be too much with faster crouch speed). Full control of Pig during ambush (so you can moonwalk mindgame)
  • She is my main killer and i like the way box works now, the idea of ​​RNG on box is precisely based on Saw series. if I had to improve something, I would first increase the speed while crouching, make the disabled traps also kill the survivors when they trying to escape for exit gates (through the hatch too), rework some addons (like pink addons, for example, replacing that pink addon of reading the aura while crouched with something that activate the traps immediately, other that decrease survivor lucky on box, etc) and, finally, add chase music (different chase musics for survivor with and without the traps).

  • instant crouch and increased crouch movement speed

  • Pig is weak?? uhh ok.

  • I'm not so sure she needs any buff - instead, she just needs to be played to her strengths, which is stalling the game.

    A mistake some Pig players make is to chase those with traps on their head. Once a gen is lit, a survivor with a trap on their head is going to seek to remove it on time. Get a couple of survivors in that state, and the game can be completely controlled. Chasing a survivor with a bear-trap on their head is really a waste of time.

    I can get on board with traps being placed after the EGC to automatically start ticking (with perhaps a higher chance of finding the right jigsaw box early, at the expense of a shorter timer), but other than that she's actually already very effective. Also, like Bubba, Amanda is very much underestimated in her fully potential.

  • Pig is a decent killer, the only thing that really needs looking at is her trap RNG.

  • @Jasix said:

    Pig is weak?? uhh ok.

    and how is she not

  • @Soulpaw said:

    She needs an addon rework. Her add-ons that affect the odds of players being able to search all boxes is oppressive. Her brown add-ons are good and balanced, they are fine but the higher raritys are just either useless or oppressive in terms of RNG.

    If we wanted to buff her base kit, make straps base kit, make the keys not in a set place. Too unreliable. Make it work the same as escaping from a trap from trapper, an increasing odds of escaping after each attempt. This is just about all she needs for the most part, consistency and for her crouching to be on par with GF or close to it.

    A more extreme buff is to allow traps to be active without the requirement of a gen finishing. I'd love this to death but again, this is more extreme.

    As a pig main, this is all pig needs.

    I agree

  • @Soulpaw said:

    She needs an addon rework. Her add-ons that affect the odds of players being able to search all boxes is oppressive. Her brown add-ons are good and balanced, they are fine but the higher raritys are just either useless or oppressive in terms of RNG.

    If we wanted to buff her base kit, make straps base kit, make the keys not in a set place. Too unreliable. Make it work the same as escaping from a trap from trapper, an increasing odds of escaping after each attempt. This is just about all she needs for the most part, consistency and for her crouching to be on par with GF or close to it.

    A more extreme buff is to allow traps to be active without the requirement of a gen finishing. I'd love this to death but again, this is more extreme.

    As a pig main, this is all pig needs.

    I like the idea of having the trap activated without a gen. The timer would be longer, but each gen finished will remove half a minute or so from any active trap. That would discourage doing gens with traps on their head.

  • If you mean her RBTs, then yeah she's pretty decent at slowing down the game. But getting downs? A consistent team will demolish her, she has horrible anti-loop and is easy to run around considering she's a basic M1 killer. Also, her movement speed while crouched is god-awful and she has no source of mobility, making her map control trash.

    She's one of the few candidates of worst killer in the game.

  • ahh yes but does she have chase pointential

    you know she needs to DOWN someone first to get that gen control and if she were so good why is she not played in comp

  • Have the traps activate once the survivor is unhooked or healed from the downed state. I find it weird that the built in time waster that pig has requires survivors to actually COMPLETE their objectives.

    Just odd, have it activate sooner so the pressure happens instant.

  • I think her traps still need to be instantly active at end game again. It’s useless now. The EGC gives more than enough time to get it off

  • Pig is not weak. If you think she is weak, perhaps you're playing a bit too fair. Interrupt survivors at jigsaw boxes and force them away till timer activates, then see if she still feels underwhelming. She deserves an addon pass that gives her fun and useful addons instead of throwing extra RBTs and jigsaw box addons left, right, and center in bloodwebs.

  • @Shooby said:

    Pig is not weak. If you think she is weak, perhaps you're playing a bit too fair. Interrupt survivors at jigsaw boxes and force them away till timer activates, then see if she still feels underwhelming. She deserves an addon pass that gives her fun and useful addons instead of throwing extra RBTs and jigsaw box addons left, right, and center in bloodwebs.

    what are you talking about if she were so-called, not weak then why inst she used in comp or why don't you see her red ranks all the time.

    she doesn't have any chase ability expect I guess her ambush which is only really good in short loops. plus she needs downs to use her gen slow down

  • @piggygooik said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190109#Comment_2190109

    what are you talking about if she were so-called, not weak then why inst she used in comp or why don't you see her red ranks all the time.

    she doesn't have any chase ability expect I guess her ambush which is only really good in short loops. plus she needs downs to use her gen slow down

    Pig was played in the grand final of the Dead by Daylight Japan Championship. Grand final... 3 months ago... And, don't generalize everyone else's queues based on your own. I see her in red ranks quite often.

    You want ambush to be better? Give her room for an ambush buff by reworking her RBT and jigsaw boxes that skew her kill rate.

  • Either just buff addons a lot or make it take overall longer time for survivors to get rid of the RBTs.

  • @Shooby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190117#Comment_2190117

    Pig was played in the grand final of the Dead by Daylight Japan Championship. Grand final... 3 months ago... And, don't generalize everyone else's queues based on your own. I see her in red ranks quite often.

    You want ambush to be better? Give her room for an ambush buff by reworking her RBT and jigsaw boxes that skew her kill rate.

    you do realize the japan championship was not with the best of the best killers of surv they were around rank 8

    they chose Michel over the spirit

    and the reason why the pig won was because she use some of the best addons on her

  • @Jasix said:

    Pig is weak?? uhh ok.

    Yep, her power is incredibly RNG reliant and her ambush ability is way too easy to deal with and is borderline useless most games.

  • @piggygooik said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190124#Comment_2190124

    you do realize the japan championship was not with the best of the best killers of surv they were around rank 8

    they chose Michel over the spirit

    and the reason why the pig won was because she use some of the best addons on her

    First you said she isn't used competitively, and now you're saying the recent example I gave you of Pig being played at the highest level (competitive DbD) doesn't matter? Have a good day, I'm done here.

  • @Shooby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190134#Comment_2190134

    First you said she isn't used competitively, and now you're saying the recent example I gave you of Pig being played at the highest level (competitive DbD) doesn't matter? Have a good day, I'm done here.

    it wasn't a real comp

    they were just rank 8s doing some games for money

  • Give back the synergy her dash had with the perk Coup de Grace, same goes for Demogorgon. I loved it, dashing from one end to the other end of the Mount Ormond main building. And it didn't cost you a stack of it...

  • You have to rework pig, not really just buff her. Her RBTs are RNG reliant and her ambush sucks and is very easy to counter.

    Her rework needs to get rid of the RNG aspect to her traps, keep them useful for wasting the survivors' time, and somehow make her ambush useful.

    As for her stealth I honestly think it would be fine and could only use a few tweaks. Assuming her rework would be good she shouldn't really have stealth on top of everything else, or just a weaker version of it.

  • Like i said, boxes are RNG based on SAW series and how its work now is fine. People are not realizing that if they remove/modify RNG on boxes, then there will be no real chance for the survivors to die with traps. Managed to take trap out in the first box? OK. But as soon as you got it, you can also die with it, even with the addon that decreases the time (tempered timer).

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2188727#Comment_2188727

    I like the idea of having the trap activated without a gen. The timer would be longer, but each gen finished will remove half a minute or so from any active trap. That would discourage doing gens with traps on their head.

    Not even the last part would be necessary.

‹ 1 2