######### is going on with decisive strike?

Why is my decisive strike not going off after I get unhooked if I'm within killer's range, and why is it stopping before the time is up? Has anyone else experienced this?

With all the TOXIC killers in this game, this is a STAPLE perk, and it is NEEDED. So I NEED it to work.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189344#Comment_2189344

    And killers think they can't win without a boatload of gen stopper perks, aura perks. These perks are crutches that killers spam in every single game because they aren't good enough to win without them.

    Very hypocritical calling DS busted while crutching on wallhacking perks, perks that stop the other sides objective. In other games, a perk like BBQ would be called a "cheat" and Huntress hitboxes would never happen in other games.

    Who's calling ds busted? It seems like a pretty balanced peek to me :)

  • Just because you started doing an action, doesn't mean you aren't being tunneled.

    So, I get unhooked and try healing myself and here comes the Killer to come find and tunnel me. I'm not being tunneled because I tried to heal myself?

  • @redsopine00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189114#Comment_2189114

    Then how come I’ve been having 4man lobbies where I slug and can carry after there healed one health state

    The timer may be running out, they may be missing the skillcheck or they may not have it

  • @stikyard said:

    Just because you started doing an action, doesn't mean you aren't being tunneled.

    So, I get unhooked and try healing myself and here comes the Killer to come find and tunnel me. I'm not being tunneled because I tried to heal myself?

    yes since you had time to stop and heal yourself ( even if its for a few sec) its the fact that you had time to heal

    why don't you pay attention to your surroundings Luv

  • @Brightened said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2187908#Comment_2187908

    Oh I already removed it :D I don't need to use it every game, obviously, but some games where the killer is extra toxic, which im sure you're aware of what that's like.. You might be one of them, it's needed.

    That's like saying I to need bring Franklin's every game because somebody might be trying a key escape. The DS change was more than necessary, it was way too much free time given to survivors by the killers fear of having their pressure absolutely dismantled, as in killers basically had to play the entire game around a single perk, which is absolutely ridiculous.

  • @stikyard said:

    Just because you started doing an action, doesn't mean you aren't being tunneled.

    So, I get unhooked and try healing myself and here comes the Killer to come find and tunnel me. I'm not being tunneled because I tried to heal myself?

    Yes and no. The killer coming back to the hook may mean they wanted to tunnel, but killers often go to hooks because there should be two survivors there - you're guaranteed to find a target and even if you're explicitly avoiding tunneling, you'll still have someone to chase. But if you do that and there's a wounded survivor sitting right under the hook, the only reason to ignore them is to be nice, which doesn't exactly pay dividends in DBD. Doubly so if there isn't another survivor healing them and they're the only person you see.

    Healing yourself under the hook, or only a few steps away from the hook, is a risky gamble that relies on the killer being far away or being occupied with another player. If you aren't sure of either of these, you should make some distance from the hook.

    But then again... I personally think self-healing shouldn't deactivate DS unless it completes (or to prevent 99s and aggressive behavior, have it deactivate at 33 or 50% of the healing bar), because you're right, you will have killers that follow you off hook, and if they were close enough to start with, you can't get rid of them between your cries and the blood trail. They will pick up chase again. Thinking you have time to heal in some jungle gym corner for a second before the terror radius shows up and closes in on you shouldn't deactivate DS, in my opinion. I'd still consider that tunneling. But while I'd rather that be changed, I can live with it when the nerf got rid of so many more unfair situations than it created.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    it deactivates when you're not being tunneled

    or do you mean it's just deactivating at random?

    Let's be more accurate and clear, it deactivates after 60 seconds or whenever you perform certain actions whichever comes first. It has nothing to do with tunneling.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2187870#Comment_2187870

    Let's be more accurate and clear, it deactivates after 60 seconds or whenever you perform certain actions whichever comes first. It has nothing to do with tunneling.

    Let's be even more accurate and clear. Those actions are not actions you should be performing when the killer is chasing you. Therefore, if you perform them, you're not being tunneled.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2187870#Comment_2187870

    Let's be more accurate and clear, it deactivates after 60 seconds or whenever you perform certain actions whichever comes first. It has nothing to do with tunneling.

    It has plenty to do with tunneling when the actions that deactivate it are only done when the killer isn't chasing you, and the actions that don't deactivate it are nearly always taken as part of a chase.

    And if the killer doesn't bother you for 60 seconds, you aren't being tunneled.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190000#Comment_2190000

    Let's be even more accurate and clear. Those actions are not actions you should be performing when the killer is chasing you. Therefore, if you perform them, you're not being tunneled.

    You're missing the point of my very specific and narrow response. The point is that the timer has nothing to do with actually being tunneled, It continues to count down independent of whether you are in fact being tunneled by the killer right off of the hook. That is incontrovertible.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190000#Comment_2190000

    It has plenty to do with tunneling when the actions that deactivate it are only done when the killer isn't chasing you, and the actions that don't deactivate it are nearly always taken as part of a chase.

    And if the killer doesn't bother you for 60 seconds, you aren't being tunneled.

    I never said anything about the actions, tell me exactly what did I say that was incorrect? There's nothing incorrect about my statement. I'm not sure why you're wasting your time and mine by responding. Anyway another point is that a tunnel can exceed 60 seconds and yet the perk provides no relief in that circumstance. Again indisputable that the timer has nothing to do with being tunnelled, you can be tunnelled beyond 60 seconds and that was the point. The timer isn't tied to whether or not you're being tunnelled as has been suggested several times.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190009#Comment_2190009

    I never said anything about the actions, tell me exactly what did I say that was incorrect? There's nothing incorrect about my statement. I'm not sure why you're wasting your time and mine by responding. Anyway another point is that a tunnel can exceed 60 seconds and yet the perk provides no relief in that circumstance. Again indisputable that the timer has nothing to do with being tunnelled, you can be tunnelled beyond 60 seconds and that was the point. The timer isn't tied to whether or not you're being tunnelled as has been suggested several times.

    You explicitly mentioned the actions in your reply. While you do make a fair point about the timer (though there's another reason for it), you did mention the actions.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189038#Comment_2189038

    No, being healed doesn't disable DS.

    If you seld-heal, it will disable it. If someone else heals you, it'll be there.

    You can still locker heal yourself, with Inner Strength, and not deactivate DS.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190021#Comment_2190021

    You explicitly mentioned the actions in your reply. While you do make a fair point about the timer (though there's another reason for it), you did mention the actions.

    I mentioned the way the perk currently works, which is 60 seconds or performing certain actions whichever comes first. What exactly was incorrect about that? Now I agree that certain actions should deactivate the perk but I'm not in agreement that the hard fast and furious 60 second timer is the way to go.

  • @stikyard said:

    Just because you started doing an action, doesn't mean you aren't being tunneled.

    So, I get unhooked and try healing myself and here comes the Killer to come find and tunnel me. I'm not being tunneled because I tried to heal myself?

    Use Inner Strength if you want to heal without deactivating DS. But you'll have to cleanse the totem prior to being hooked, because cleansing totems will deactivate DS.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190029#Comment_2190029

    I mentioned the way the perk currently works, which is 60 seconds or performing certain actions whichever comes first. What exactly was incorrect about that? Now I agree that certain actions should deactivate the perk but I'm not in agreement that the hard fast and furious 60 second timer is the way to go.

    Nobody said it was incorrect, I simply said that you did, in fact, reference the conditions and that it did, in fact, look like you were complaining about them. You should've been more specific, we can't read your mind.

  • @MrSlippery said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189114#Comment_2189114

    You can still locker heal yourself, with Inner Strength, and not deactivate DS.

    True, but that's the exception not the rule.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190009#Comment_2190009

    I never said anything about the actions, tell me exactly what did I say that was incorrect? There's nothing incorrect about my statement. I'm not sure why you're wasting your time and mine by responding. Anyway another point is that a tunnel can exceed 60 seconds and yet the perk provides no relief in that circumstance. Again indisputable that the timer has nothing to do with being tunnelled, you can be tunnelled beyond 60 seconds and that was the point. The timer isn't tied to whether or not you're being tunnelled as has been suggested several times.

    Your statement was correct save for 'it has nothing to do with tunneling.' Because it does, both directly and indirectly. Paring something down to lines of code doesn't change that the design was based around the actions that constitute or don't constitute tunneling, inasmuch as tunneling has an agreed-upon definition, and pretending they're entirely unrelated because DS isn't written to say 'this perk is active if you're being tunneled and turns off if you're not' is disingenuous. Tunneling doesn't exist in a way that the game could codify this, hence why we got the list of actions that we did. It's an approximation that's trying to be as accurate as possible - and in most cases it is accurate, hence why it's not misleading to say that DS stays active or deactivates based on whether or not you're being tunneled. Yes, you can heal for half a second before the killer shows reaches you and it'll deactivate despite pressure never being taken off you. Yes, it stays active when you're wandering around doing nothing and you can use it 45 seconds later if you run straight into them despite them having a chase with someone else in between. But for the most part... the people who complain about DS not working anymore are the ones who were using it as an aggressive perk, and the ones that still use it just fine are the ones who were using it as an anti-tunnel perk.

    The timer can run out while you're still being tunneled, yes. I don't disagree with that. But if you run the killer for a minute on one health state, you're doing very well by the standards of the game. That could be 3 gens mostly done in the background. You also have the ability to make a misplay towards the end of the timer if you feel like your chase is about to end naturally, going down (convincingly) at around 50 seconds so the killer will pick you up, get DSed, and you have another head start to work with.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189344#Comment_2189344

    And killers think they can't win without a boatload of gen stopper perks, aura perks. These perks are crutches that killers spam in every single game because they aren't good enough to win without them.

    Very hypocritical calling DS busted while crutching on wallhacking perks, perks that stop the other sides objective. In other games, a perk like BBQ would be called a "cheat" and Huntress hitboxes would never happen in other games.

    spirit would disagree

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190036#Comment_2190036

    Nobody said it was incorrect, I simply said that you did, in fact, reference the conditions and that it did, in fact, look like you were complaining about them. You should've been more specific, we can't read your mind.

    Yes, but your reply was framed in a way that incorrectly addressed the reference. You offered an unnecessary explanation and opinion to something that was never raised. I never mentioned anything other than the cold hard fact that DS works for 60s or when certain actions are performed, whichever comes first.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2187886#Comment_2187886

    @Yords

    You do realize this isn’t fair when some killers do camp out of refusing to improve how to play the game right?

    Like, I get OP isn’t very educated on the changes but lets not pretend killers are always camping because it’s a “strat”.

    IF a killer face camp like that you should be doing gens. There I fixed the issue without buffing or using any perk.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2187870#Comment_2187870

    Let's be more accurate and clear, it deactivates after 60 seconds or whenever you perform certain actions whichever comes first. It has nothing to do with tunneling.

    right, but you're not being tunneled if you are able to do those actions

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190021#Comment_2190021

    Your statement was correct save for 'it has nothing to do with tunneling.' Because it does, both directly and indirectly. Paring something down to lines of code doesn't change that the design was based around the actions that constitute or don't constitute tunneling, inasmuch as tunneling has an agreed-upon definition, and pretending they're entirely unrelated because DS isn't written to say 'this perk is active if you're being tunneled and turns off if you're not' is disingenuous. Tunneling doesn't exist in a way that the game could codify this, hence why we got the list of actions that we did. It's an approximation that's trying to be as accurate as possible - and in most cases it is accurate, hence why it's not misleading to say that DS stays active or deactivates based on whether or not you're being tunneled. Yes, you can heal for half a second before the killer shows reaches you and it'll deactivate despite pressure never being taken off you. Yes, it stays active when you're wandering around doing nothing and you can use it 45 seconds later if you run straight into them despite them having a chase with someone else in between. But for the most part... the people who complain about DS not working anymore are the ones who were using it as an aggressive perk, and the ones that still use it just fine are the ones who were using it as an anti-tunnel perk.

    The timer can run out while you're still being tunneled, yes. I don't disagree with that. But if you run the killer for a minute on one health state, you're doing very well by the standards of the game. That could be 3 gens mostly done in the background. You also have the ability to make a misplay towards the end of the timer if you feel like your chase is about to end naturally, going down (convincingly) at around 50 seconds so the killer will pick you up, get DSed, and you have another head start to work with.

    I wasn't talking about developer intent, design philosophy, and whether the stated goals are advanced by the perk. I was specifically referring to the point that the timer itself doesn't make any distinction other than 60s or performing certain actions. So I don't agree that if the timer runs out it signifies you're not being tunneled. With that said, I agree it would be hard (or impossible) to codify tunneling into the game's code.

    I was never surprised when Survivors were aggressive with DS, because even now The Killer will circumvent the perk. So it just makes sense that the Survivor would want to redeem their one-time use perk at some point. The 50s thing rarely works, most will wait or end up doing something incidental like reloading or breaking a pallet. Idk what the ideal DS looks like but imo the current iteration isn't it.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190000#Comment_2190000

    right, but you're not being tunneled if you are able to do those actions

    I've been able to tap a gen (use Repressed Alliance) or even fully heal during a post-rescue chase but that didn't mean I wasn't being tunneled. I'm not arguing that you should be able to do those things and retain DS, I understand that the game needed to try and narrow the scope of the perk's reach. I am just pointing out that you can perform those actions during a tunnel.

  • You can still open up a chest and open a gate without deactivating ds. Which I like. Killer was so mad the other day because the gate was almost done and he grabbed me off of it, I finished opening it and got out. Did it another game with ds and bt. Don't tunnel and you'll be fine as a killer. Ds still isn't that bad

  • @nicnc82 said:

    You can still open up a chest and open a gate without deactivating ds. Which I like. Killer was so mad the other day because the gate was almost done and he grabbed me off of it, I finished opening it and got out. Did it another game with ds and bt. Don't tunnel and you'll be fine as a killer. Ds still isn't that bad

    If I were to change ds i would have it not deactivate if unhooking but deactivate it during gate

  • @wxnickxw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189724#Comment_2189724

    Sorry hit the nail on the head is a colloquialism that means got it right.

    I believe mount is right in saying the guy didn't want the perk for protection from tunneling but to use it against the killer. I think this can be called using ds offensively (ie against the killer) rather than defensivly (as intended by devs) as a shorthand unless you guys can think of a better phrase

    Then i don't have anything to say, i didn't understand the colloquialism thank for the explanation.

  • @Progamer888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189744#Comment_2189744

    Then i don't have anything to say, i didn't understand the colloquialism thank for the explanation.

    No worries 👍 it might be a North American saying, are you by change European?

  • @wxnickxw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190613#Comment_2190613

    No worries 👍 it might be a North American saying, are you by change European?

    Yep I'm Italian to be more specific and i know only the most common idioms, (break a leg this sort of stuff) and i never heard that, probably it's just not used in Europe.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189344#Comment_2189344

    And killers think they can't win without a boatload of gen stopper perks, aura perks. These perks are crutches that killers spam in every single game because they aren't good enough to win without them.

    Very hypocritical calling DS busted while crutching on wallhacking perks, perks that stop the other sides objective. In other games, a perk like BBQ would be called a "cheat" and Huntress hitboxes would never happen in other games.

    In other games, people would have called out the sheer amount of second chances survivors have, and the difference between the effort put in between the two sides would be considered completely unfair.

    Killers literally have to mindgame in order to have a chance. There are very few other games (other than werewolf style games) where this is an actual necessity. DBD is not like other games.

    Keys can literally give survivors infinite wallhacks if they actually put even minimal effort into their build, in addition to giving a free escape if you even try and don't get tunneled out of the game. BBQ at least requires the killer to actually do something that qualifies as gameplay. Killers don't complain about Kindred on a regular basis and say that it's "OP," do they?

    Killers "crutch" on slowdown perks because they're basically necessary. If killers put in the same amount of effort and brain power as survivors, it would take about ten minutes to get twelve hooks. Survivors can complete all five generators within seven minutes, if they aren't even trying very hard. A genrusher squad (multiple survivors who avoid the killer at all costs and just complete generators as fast as possible) can end a game in as few as three and a half minutes, regardless of how hard the killer pressures gens.


    And yes, I realize that I just responded to a bait post. It's just that some people actually read this stuff, and I don't want them to go thinking you were "objectively right" because virtually no one responded.

  • @Brightened said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2187886#Comment_2187886

    Oh I never said I NEED it to survive. I'm saying the increasing number of toxic killers makes the perk a staple in the game.

    Both sides have been getting more and more toxic over the years. You hate to see it.

  • If you tap self-healing or tap healing on someone else by accident, tap on a gen or totem, your perk is yeeted out of existence because apparently having a milisecond to tap a button means you're not being tunneled.


    The devs got lazy and didn't think this through. Frustrating as hell, and I don't even use the perk in the first place.

  • @AnneBonny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2187904#Comment_2187904

    self care was already garbage anyways, i don't think anyone but blendettes would genuinely care if that actually happened

    Fax

1 2 ›