The Continued Ignorance of Performance Issues Continues to Hamper Player Fun
Recently, it's been getting more and more difficult to enjoy this game and to look over the glaring issues. The Console port of DBD has shown that the game is extremely poorly optimized, and performance will continue to get worse unless BHVR addresses the issues now.
I fear that soon, the game will become unplayable for us on current-gen Consoles. Resident Evil broke the game for a month, and it still hasn't fully recovered. What this shows is that the issue is built into the game itself, and will likely continue to worsen if it is not resolved. Likewise, we are seeing the return of bugs long thought patched, which makes me suspect that the entire code is starting to crumble under the weight of the game. I hope BHVR takes the time to do this correctly and fixes their game. If they do not, I fear we will soon lose the ability to play it at all.
Here are some videos demonstrating my points, please note that these were all taken PRIOR to the RE patch in June of 2021. These issues have been plaguing Console players since the game was ported in 2017. I doubt there will ever be an official confirmation from BHVR, but it is important that we do not let these issues go silently. The only thing we can do is continue to talk and spread awareness about them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7zIxwMUn0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7p_8C649Rs&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSa8yNir8wU&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlwQc0rdiM0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQaee-Od90&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360August Edit: Well, we are nearing 100 pages. Congrats everyone. We still haven't gotten an answer from BHVR about what happened to Optimization, but we have inspired others to start to question it. I've furthered clarified the purpose of the thread and adjusted some of the language used in this opening statement to better reflect that.
Thank you.
Comments
Let’s hope on Tuesday these issues are fixed and we can enjoy Nemesis and RPD cause I really want to play this map and I want people to actually play the ######### game
Glad it wasn't me being, half asleep trying to get information probably not the best but facts totally ! I guess the map is still disabled?
Facts man ! Sucks super hard to have something you want to play but can't also not to mention I can't do rift challenges because I'm too scared to play just incase of overheating and crashes 😬🐷 sad days man indeedy
And just to think on the 5 year anniversary and with the most iconic horror game of all time and we can’t even enjoy it and all those players will be gone!( they would have left anyway cause of the grind or community but still were at a lot of players and the bad FPS and lag is hurting this update)
50 pages!
My contribution from a match 2 days ago.
Game didn't want me to reset a trap, while you can hear the sound that the animation should have started. Because of that I get blinded by the flashlight.
It also took very long until I could reset the trap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV7XX9yZRboEDIT: I will upload a clip while playing Trickster later, need to get that one from the PS4 and edit it.
In that clip you see me and the survivor I'm chasing getting a massive frame drop at the same time.
Congrats! Never thought it would reach 50 pages tbh.
Sad thing is that we, in those 50 pages, never got a dev reply. Not even a community manager responded to this thread (where are they anyway?). I don't know if I should laugh or cry about that :/
The logical assumption is that console optimization is never happening. If they post and say it's coming but then doesn't (because it's cancelled) even less people will believe them in the future. And if they say it's cancelled then there is a high chance that people will either quit or not buy the game in the first place.
Posting that it's coming and the optimization then actually coming, would make a lot of people happy and help them out because right now a lot of players are unhappy with them.
Hi, I'm a Switch player. We exist.
It must be something in the very code or engine though, as even high end pc users are facing it
Damn, killer is litetally unplayable right now. Using any killer power that isnt M1 results in instant frame drop. All killers that I play and their powers are useless. Victor, Demo shred, ghostface mark, wraith uncloack, trap setting. How can we not be upset when every single update comes with its problems. Was thinking about getting some shards for the sale, no chance of that now.
I really feel like the only way to get their attention is if big fogwhispers talk about it.
I wish otz went through it like we do. If he was experiencing it for a 10 hour stream theyd fix it
They would just kick them out immediately instead.
Theres no way they could kick otz out if he was stuttering like we are ingame, and it was happening as often
This sums up the Resident Evil chapter.
Also I think Temple of Purgation is disabled.
Two clips. One of the freezes we are all so intimately acquainted with by now; and one of just a single one of the new Clown bugs.
The freezes make the game look like a PowerPoint presentation.
Yep
Good ol' Dead by PowerPoint presentation
I'm waiting for BHVR to pull an 'Overwatch 2' and release Dead By Daylight 2 but it will be a PC exclusive.
How comes that nearly no big content creator talks about this? A huge part of the community has a miserable time playing this game. There should be so many videos about it.
The fog whisperers can't speak their mind otherwise BHVR will strike them off.
Every time you post this I can't help but think of this and it sends me every time
They mostly play on PC and simply don't care
I honestly wonder if they ever do a single test on Xbox One, PS4, Switch, or Stadia. Do they know in advance that these problems are coming, or do they just wing it and hope that the less-powerful systems will squeak by somehow? And given that each new update makes the game code more and more convoluted and sluggish, what in the world is their long-term plan for these systems?? Are they going to have to stop doing updates for the less-powerful systems and turn off cross-play (while PC and newer consoles continue to get new content)? It's honestly unconscionable to keep releasing content that they know (or should know) won't run properly for a huge percentage of their playerbase.
Hi
Well we've done it 50 pages maybe 51 after my post and almost 200 upvotes on the op.
Behavior said they ate looking in to the issue regarding this chapter.
That's a start but we needed over all
Where did you read this?
Top
Hehe my post being pinned makes me so happy
I'm pretty sure this thread has the most pages.
hope they respond sooner then later.
Pulsar prolly needed 4 priests, a St. Bernard, and a Ouija board to even get his Xbox1x alive again...
I've already spoken to a family member that deals with this law. I'm right. At least in my country anyway.
I'm going to say it over and over again who those for those who are still licking these developers shady covered boots they already have your money, they don't care about you anymore. Look at them during their discussions they're rich, fat and lazy! I've seen a slug have more personality and energy about what they were doing! They don't truly care anymore if it doesn't have anything to do with their bottom line being affected negatively. If they ever had passion about this project it's gone.
First match of survivor i played today:
https://youtu.be/7Woe33IaXNQThanks BHVR
Oh bestie the irony
There's a reason I don't trust reviews from those that do them for a profession.
Think I should talk to some websites now or wait a bit?
Wait until next Tuesday imo. That's when the hotfixes usually come.
I think wait until after they put through the "fix" for the performance issues that came through on this patch. That way the issues that are left are the ones we've been complaining about for years. If you go now before the fix from this chapter it will be "we just fixed some performance issues" 🙄
They're either on PC or a current gen console or getting paid extra to write that article. You can't defend the performance on last gen at all.
I'm on a mid to high end PC and the performance has still hardcore tanked for me </3
Also there's still the issues of RPD being disabled alongside all the other bugs.
Paid.
I think Temple of Purgation was also disabled.
Couldn't see it in custom games.
yeah that got yeeted due to collision issues, i classed that under "all the other bugs" because rpd is specific to RE
I guess someone got it in public match still. 🤦♀️
https://twitter.com/NoScopeBarneyZ/status/1405640429194915844?s=19I added my thoughts in the comment section of this.
Two maps disabled now...yikes.
There will be more as you can block survivors in basement in blood lodge.
I sent in a bug report on it and told the to check the rest of autohaven to see if they have it.
Speaking of Game Informer
If only they knew the irony of this.