The Continued Ignorance of Performance Issues Continues to Hamper Player Fun
Recently, it's been getting more and more difficult to enjoy this game and to look over the glaring issues. The Console port of DBD has shown that the game is extremely poorly optimized, and performance will continue to get worse unless BHVR addresses the issues now.
I fear that soon, the game will become unplayable for us on current-gen Consoles. Resident Evil broke the game for a month, and it still hasn't fully recovered. What this shows is that the issue is built into the game itself, and will likely continue to worsen if it is not resolved. Likewise, we are seeing the return of bugs long thought patched, which makes me suspect that the entire code is starting to crumble under the weight of the game. I hope BHVR takes the time to do this correctly and fixes their game. If they do not, I fear we will soon lose the ability to play it at all.
Here are some videos demonstrating my points, please note that these were all taken PRIOR to the RE patch in June of 2021. These issues have been plaguing Console players since the game was ported in 2017. I doubt there will ever be an official confirmation from BHVR, but it is important that we do not let these issues go silently. The only thing we can do is continue to talk and spread awareness about them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7zIxwMUn0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7p_8C649Rs&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSa8yNir8wU&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlwQc0rdiM0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQaee-Od90&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360August Edit: Well, we are nearing 100 pages. Congrats everyone. We still haven't gotten an answer from BHVR about what happened to Optimization, but we have inspired others to start to question it. I've furthered clarified the purpose of the thread and adjusted some of the language used in this opening statement to better reflect that.
Thank you.
Comments
Nah,the crowns we can earn are totally different and this years anniversary offerings give 1% more bloodpoints than the one from the previous year.
I'm sure that required a TON of effort.
Definetely justifies them nuking all the other events (New Year,Summer and Winter events) ๐คก
The way they announced it on stream made it sound like this was the most original idea ever too...
You can open it just dont move anything I had to open mine for a deep dust cleaning because I was having overheat issues as well
I recommend using a can of compressed air and damp q tips if your going that far
My first thought when i saw what the 5th anniversary event will look like ๐คฃ
https://youtu.be/9bV5zQbrp_QNaw it won't blow up. It might melt tho.....
If I can make an suggestion: Let him/her log in for a minute, so he/she has the free 300k BP. Also, as far as I know, the tutorial isn't crashing so thats an easy 100 or 200k as well to level a char up.
Yeah had to do that once because of how loud the fan was.
Nearly 50 pages
Nearly there, perhaps McCote will descend from the heavens to bless us with optimization when we reach 50 pages.
If he does, he better be ready for the whole console player base patting him on the back.
And Nemesis is currently dying by optimization which I don't want to happen I actually have fun with him.
This game is unplayable right now.
I have almost the best gaming pc you can get.
2tb 980 pro - which is as fast as the ps5's ssd
rx 6900xt
5900x
32gb ram
The stuttering is so bad its literally giving me a headache. Its always been there but never this bad. Its really bad whenever a gen is done, or any new effect for the first time in the match, or I try to attack ( its hard enough to hit nemesis' attack )
I am playing on low setting by the way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf8oG56fK0oHeres a bit more from that match
Watch at 0:53 seconds when I get my attack ready, the game freezes then right after the gen pops.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7guYKkdd1isAgain, its always been this stuttery but not this bad - the game needs a overhaul. Its just been particularly bad the fast few days. They either need to optimise the game, or move to a new engine or something.
You can ever hear the stuttering in the audio
I can upload more examples if you guys want. Its literally the entire match - infact I can record a whole match if you want?
The game is simply unplayable on Xbox One. Does not matter if I play Trapper, Leatherface or Nemesis the game just freeze when I try to hit survivors or simply doesnt count the hit even tho we hear the survivor getting smashed and screaming... Every new chapter since that stupid Twin the game has been in a ######### state . Stop trying to appeal to the LGBTQ community and sucking new players with colorful caracters and cult franchise when you can't even impliment a single thing without busting the game ..... anyways i'm done for a good ass while with this game.
All theyre worried about on their twitter is "The Fog is clearing! Only 1 day until we go #IntotheRainbow."
Fix the ######### game. Its literally unplayable, I am getting motion sickness because the stuttering is so bad.
I might upload a whole match to showcase it.
Performance on all killers are really bad right now
I tried playing Demo and Pyramidhead today, that was a mistake, every shred ready/rites of judgement was a stutter and freeze
Same with dead hards, lithes, literally anything causes a freeze
Include whatever you have that's relevant. In past threads about this game's performance on console I would always encourage our PC cousins to borrow a friend's PS4 or whatever's handy and fire up DBD, see what we see.
Sadly it's all too apparent for dang near everyone now. Not how I wanted to spread the word exactly.
I find the same, and its REALLY bad on gen completions
Once it gets to 50 you get an extra toy at recess...
I want a He-man action figure
I actually have a xbox series x, and it isnt as bad on there as it is my pc.... annoying.
I posted on the reddit and people are just thumbs downing it.
Why worry about the game being unplayable when we can post memes and LGBT content such as how we want davids milk ect
@Pulsar gets first pick
I'll trade him my shiny Slackoff for his double barrel nerf gun
We might be able to work something out
I love this game, but the devs really are something else. The 3 farm maps come out, 2 need to be disabled due to glitches.
Resident evil map comes out, its disabled so fast people havent even finished downloading the update. Its also makes the game even more stutter filled than before.
Last anniversary update had to be extended due to things messing up.
Are they incompetent or is the game really that complicated? This is the first game I have played where they really do seem to make mistakes doing almost everything.
The RE map was disabled so fast you cant help but think how did you not notice the issue, and whats the point of PTB when you never listen to us?
Glad I invested in the 2070
I can give you a Shrek action figure.
I like how Pulsar's sub-forum now has its own sub-forum, and it's a swap meet! :)
Is that when optimization is finally coming??
That's when they'll announce it
No. It when they finished optimization.
The only way to make it to faster is to submit to the entity.
Is there anyway to put clip that are on my Xbox on here because I have like lots of clips.
Is there anyway to put clip that are on my Xbox on here because I have like lots of clips.
You can download them and upload it to Yourube, then post it here.
alright boys 49 pages just a couple of comments left to go until we hit 50 pages.
#FixConsole
#ReleaseConsoleOptimization
They release optimization once you can catch a shiny Mew
I'm done for now, this game is unplayable. The lag is unreal.
Understandable.
Wonder if we'll get much further than that.
Gonna try to link a earlier reply again, this is invaluable info: (Rant) It's Becoming Harder and Harder to Enjoy This Game Due to Poor Optimization - Page 31 โ Dead By Daylight
Thanks again @ManWithALemon
Im trying a different way so I hope this works.
Ohhh, baby! Let's get this bad boy to fifty pages!
Almost there.
I suppose we'll see.
I didn't think this would make it past 5 pages.
Yeah, the post is very popular so I guess it'll keep going as long as people feel strongly about the issue.
When they say they have to cancell it. *
Is everything sorted or better ?? I just checked the Twitter as I need to know if they have improved things for my stream today.I do not want to risk my console if it's still bad
Any information would muchly be appreciated ๐ท๐
Performance issues, no.
People not being able to connect to DBD servers, yes.
That was network connection issues, separate from the performance issues. People couldn't connect to game, or were receiving error messages, as if their internet was down but was issue on BHVR side.
๐ Thank you helps me out super muchly!!
and @bm33 they said they was monitoring the fix for stability so thought that they fixed our FPS or the stuttering but clearly not lol just really had me thinking they did a fix but also I just woke up so could be me ๐ท๐
I can see thinking there was fix to performance, they kind of suck when it comes to the wording in their communications. ๐