Yeah... People are abusing Breakdown.

I wouldn't post this if this was the first time this happened to me. Match starts, I see two no mithers and instantly know what's about to go down. They stay in a corner of the map, I hook them, hooks are permanently broken once they get saved because the perk doesn't work properly, as soon as I see them the next time they run back to said corner and stay there knowing I can't hook or slug them.

Not like they're unkillable, I just have to continuously down them over and over until the bleedout meter ends but damn that takes a lot of time and it's very unlikely their teammates won't try to help because they either don't know better or are in on it as well.

I'm a new player who's only got a little bit over 100 hours in the game and this is the most game breaking ######### I've witnessed so far. This needs a fix, quick.

Also this says a lot about the kinda community this is. People will do this unfair and clearly broken stuff without thinking twice or considering the other side's fun. What will the people coming for RE think? I know if I had seen this during my first 20 hours playing I would've quit ages ago... Now I'm addicted. Love the game, hate most people playing it.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • How would you ban someone for a pallet not stunning them?

  • @Someissues said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121631#Comment_2121631

    2016 Hooks do not ever respawn, even if the whole group uses it its still 4 hooks. back then they can literally destroy all hooks and they dont spawn, all u need is a toolbox

    It's theoretically up to 8 hooks before Survivors start dying, not 4.

    Iron Grasp has been nerfed since launch. You're not gonna get to Basement from a corner of the map anymore, and after like 4 or 5 hook breaks you can be left with some disgustingly large hook deadzones on most maps.

    There are also now 6 or 7 antislugging perks in the game, if there is a SWF abusing this exploit there's nothing stopping them from using perks to combat slugging. Unless you hover directly over the slug you'll accomplish nothing but wasting your own time.

    Heck, with Soul Guard you could waste your time guarding the slug and they could STILL get back up and into the game.

    Just like they could combine normal sabotage builds with bugged Breakdowns. Even maps with plentiful hook spawns can get real barren real fast.

    And you better believe a SWF will know loop in the part of the map where there are no hooks left.

    -

    Old Saboteur having existed doesn't make this exploit not a big deal.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121461#Comment_2121461

    Meanwhile, Killers try to swing a lot currently to not get stunned by Pallets. Also, when Bamboozle was bugged and did not give any visual indication, suddenly so many Killers were running Bamboozle.

    Both sides abuse stuff if they have the chance to do so.

    But the problem is that devs says that it is ok to abuse breakdown,but other killer glitches were bannable and were quickly patched.

    I'd never intentionally swing on pallet to avoid stun and did not see people doing this

  • And as always they just vanished from the thread the moment you posted that. What a wacky coincidence ๐Ÿ™ƒ...

    I don't think it has ever been this hard to resist @'ing someone to tear into them oh my god. But I realize it would be a complete waste of the brain activity used to do so. How dare you not toe the party line of the Killer vs Survivor political rivalry smh /s

  • @RenTheCat said:

    • People will do this unfair and clearly broken stuff without thinking twice or considering the other side's fun.

    That's survivors for you.

    And the "most biased forum member" prize goes to...

  • @Polishnope said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121577#Comment_2121577

    But the problem is that devs says that it is ok to abuse breakdown,but other killer glitches were bannable and were quickly patched.

    I'd never intentionally swing on pallet to avoid stun and did not see people doing this

    That is not necessarily true. Op already mentioned the fatigue cancel bug which was in the game for quite some time and wasn't bannable.

    There was also a tinkerer bug which made it possible to have no terror radius for the whole game and it wasn't bannable either.

    What I don't understand is why the Devs can't simply disable the bugged perk until they fix it.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Polishnope said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121577#Comment_2121577

    But the problem is that devs says that it is ok to abuse breakdown,but other killer glitches were bannable and were quickly patched.

    I'd never intentionally swing on pallet to avoid stun and did not see people doing this

    In all my time playing, I have only seen one Bug being bannable and this was Infinite Mending Legion. For all the other Bugs happening (see @SunaIIanu s Post for examples), no bans were given out.

  • @syain said:

    Honestly I don't know why I didn't expect this to turn into a killer vs survivor discussion as everything does in these forums. That's my bad. Thought I said something pretty basic anyone who wants this game to be healthy should just agree with. Really didn't mean this to look like one of these "survivor bad" posts but it seems you can't talk about something a specific side suffers with without it being interpreted as an attack to the other side. So immature lol.

    "Killer bad, survivor good"

    "Actually it's survivor bad, killer good!"

    Do you mean to say you don't relish this level of intellectual debate? A dish best served constantly

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121461#Comment_2121461

    I hate this stereotype of "killer good survivor bad."

    this isn't a stereotype though. It is experience.

    In my almost 5 year DbD career, I've yet to see a survivor who cared about my fun when I played killer. For example, in summer 2019 (wake up abuse) almost every survivor was using that perk despite it being extremely broken. Such thing as "pity kill" doesn't even exist. Not even talking about constant BMing whenever survivors start feel a little bit powerful in match (f/e when they see killer not performing well).

    These things don't appear from nowhere, you know?

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Profezia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121465#Comment_2121465

    this isn't a stereotype though. It is experience.

    In my almost 5 year DbD career, I've yet to see a survivor who cared about my fun when I played killer. For example, in summer 2019 (wake up abuse) almost every survivor was using that perk despite it being extremely broken. Such thing as "pity kill" doesn't even exist. Not even talking about constant BMing whenever survivors start feel a little bit powerful in match (f/e when they see killer not performing well).

    These things don't appear from nowhere, you know?

    I've seen PLENTY killers that don't care about the survivors fun too.

    Hardcore camping and tunneling,using busted addons,infectious fright nurse players that just slug everyone to death,Pre-Nerf mori users etc.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121461#Comment_2121461

    Yea because killers didn't start running basement builds when basement would black screen survivors, and they certainly didn't start running sloppy on wraith when it was crashing people, and they never ever started running double mend addons for legion when it would multiply mending and cause it to go on for 10+ minutes, nope not at all, both sides abused things when they're made public.

    True, but those things were made bannable, so not the best comparison

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121785#Comment_2121785

    I enjoy survivors that don't care about my fun and are focused on doing everything they can to win. That street also goes both ways, I am a killer who effectively doesn't care about the survivors fun. DOn't get me wrong, it's nice when people DO have a good time but I too just am trying to do my business and kill them as one sidedly as possible.

    @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121785#Comment_2121785

    I've seen PLENTY killers that don't care about the survivors fun too.

    Hardcore camping and tunneling,using busted addons,infectious fright nurse players that just slug everyone to death,Pre-Nerf mori users etc.

    I never said anything about killers.

    I was talking about "survivor bad" part.

    Besides, you can't argue that "caring about other's fun" is usually what killers do, not survivors. Like I don't remember anyone getting a pity kill as killer in last few YEARS, but I surely remember countless situations where killers were giving hatch. Also that "fairplay" thing which somehow only applies to killers (don't use noed, it ruins fun for survivors, don't play stridor spirit, it ruins fun for survivors that's what you hear on daily basis. But you've never heard "don't play in SWF with comms it ruins fun for killers, don't use DH it ruins fun for killers" and will never hear something like that ever.

  • This content has been removed.
  • When the exploits with thanatophobia and double blades legion exploits were banable they did an ingame new to leave clear they were banable.

    Now the same case repeats for survivor, but with a worse exploit that completely breaks the killer gameplay mechanic. Not banable :D

    I kinda have to agree with killer mains now that there's survivor bias now from the devs.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    How would you ban someone for a pallet not stunning them?

    You can actually make sure you never, ever get stunned if you just time your lunge correctly. It's pretty bullshit. I'm getting semi consistent at it as Freddy and Wraith, nobody else though lmao

  • lmao, but using double blade legion was surely bannable despite it literally be the same thing.

  • Using breakdown to permanently destroy hooks might not be reportable.

    But if players are camping hooks with the intention of breaking them to make a dead zone, and then camping that dead zone to prevent you sacrificing them on a hook, forcing a bleedout. That's griefing. Griefing is reportable.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121652#Comment_2121652

    You can actually make sure you never, ever get stunned if you just time your lunge correctly. It's pretty bullshit. I'm getting semi consistent at it as Freddy and Wraith, nobody else though lmao

    But... Why even do that????? A lunge cooldown is about the same duration as a pallet stun! What? Why?

    I don't like anything about this.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121853#Comment_2121853

    But... Why even do that????? A lunge cooldown is about the same duration as a pallet stun! What? Why?

    I don't like anything about this.

    It's obviously intended counterplay for Smash Hit ๐Ÿ˜Œ

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121853#Comment_2121853

    But... Why even do that????? A lunge cooldown is about the same duration as a pallet stun! What? Why?

    I don't like anything about this.

    Actually it's just because the stun noise just makes me sad

  • Ah yes like that time legion double mend was meant to be a slow down build but create a stacking mend mechanic that of course no legion players were exploiting. Come on this is the same kind of nonsense. At least be consistent with what is and isn't an exploit. Pallets not stuning is not a thing killers can actively avoid you can choose to not run double blade legion you can choose to not run breakdown cope on.

  • @syain said:

    I wouldn't post this if this was the first time this happened to me. Match starts, I see two no mithers and instantly know what's about to go down. They stay in a corner of the map, I hook them, hooks are permanently broken once they get saved because the perk doesn't work properly, as soon as I see them the next time they run back to said corner and stay there knowing I can't hook or slug them.

    Not like they're unkillable, I just have to continuously down them over and over until the bleedout meter ends but damn that takes a lot of time and it's very unlikely their teammates won't try to help because they either don't know better or are in on it as well.

    I'm a new player who's only got a little bit over 100 hours in the game and this is the most game breaking ######### I've witnessed so far. This needs a fix, quick.

    Also this says a lot about the kinda community this is. People will do this unfair and clearly broken stuff without thinking twice or considering the other side's fun. What will the people coming for RE think? I know if I had seen this during my first 20 hours playing I would've quit ages ago... Now I'm addicted. Love the game, hate most people playing it.

    Its funny how many killer mains complain about breakdown now and using pallet stun glitch at the same time. Nearly every killer i got since pallet glitch tried to use it for their favour and hit me through every single time, so im not even sad that people are abusing this for you guys.

  • @FastestVirginia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243869/yeah-people-are-abusing-breakdown

    Its funny how many killer mains complain about breakdown now and using pallet stun glitch at the same time. Nearly every killer i got since pallet glitch tried to use it for their favour and hit me through every single time, so im not even sad that people are abusing this for you guys.

    You have no way of telling that they were trying to abuse a glitch. They might just be people who have no issues diving pallets. You need to stop reading malicious intent behind what your opponents are doing.

    I'm not even sure what this glitch is - but I've been diving pallets for years because you sometimes get that hit anyway, so it's worth taking the risk.

  • @FastestVirginia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243869/yeah-people-are-abusing-breakdown

    Its funny how many killer mains complain about breakdown now and using pallet stun glitch at the same time. Nearly every killer i got since pallet glitch tried to use it for their favour and hit me through every single time, so im not even sad that people are abusing this for you guys.

    I'm literally a survivor main who respects every pallet as killer.

  • Yet another thread turned into an us vs them. Moving on.

  • @FastestVirginia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243869/yeah-people-are-abusing-breakdown

    Its funny how many killer mains complain about breakdown now and using pallet stun glitch at the same time. Nearly every killer i got since pallet glitch tried to use it for their favour and hit me through every single time, so im not even sad that people are abusing this for you guys.

    Killer bad? Killer bad because not stun? But survivor bad because breakdown? No, killer bad breakdown. Survivor bad swf genrush teabag bUt killer bad facecamp slug

  • @RenTheCat said:

    • People will do this unfair and clearly broken stuff without thinking twice or considering the other side's fun.

    That's survivors for you.

    Sure, because killer players never do that.

    Please stop with this survivor vs killer mentality. If you think all survivor mains play that way, you are delusional.

  • thanks for bringing this bug to my attention, i'll be running those perks now. sounds fun.

  • I am going to go ahead and close this thread, as its turning argumentative. And just a reminder that this is not bannable, please not report players for it. Your concerns are understandable and heard, and feedback will be forwarded onto the appropriate parties.

  • Wait wait, so when legions two slowdown addons were an exploit you could be banned, but you cant be banned for this? Thats ######### stupid.

  • The stuff that is 'not bannable' really show a severe desperation for players, if you ask me

  • Which is completely stupid. Why shouldn't an exploit be bannable?

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    The stuff that is 'not bannable' really show a severe desperation for players, if you ask me

    Then I remember how they even bothered to make an announcement in game where they promised to ban anyone who took blade addons on Legion.

  • @Profezia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2122530#Comment_2122530

    Then I remember how they even bothered to make an announcement in game where they promised to ban anyone who took blade addons on Legion.

    this was before they made a deal with the devil and licensed something from konami, wasn't it?

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2122539#Comment_2122539

    this was before they made a deal with the devil and licensed something from konami, wasn't it?

    oh yeah, right. and before predatory battlepass system.

  • @Profezia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2122548#Comment_2122548

    oh yeah, right. and before predatory battlepass system.

    It's sadly connected:

    Konami is absolutely notorious for how they handle licenses. Like, it's very likely that bhvr would have to pay them a hefty fee if the game does not make a certain amount of money per quarter.

  • @Someissues said:

    Do old players still remain from Launch? back then theres no respawn for Hooks, its still possible to win the game, i have versed teams. not to mention still plenty of hooks left even if only 4 is gone. Back then ppl run toolboxes and u just slug them all to death

    tbh even if breakdown was not fixed its still a Weak Perk. Its a wasted slot unless u are in a SWF

    From what I know back in the day there weren't Perks that allowed you to pick yourself up.

    Also not sure about this, but I think Perks like these were introduced after the hooks regenerated after 3 minutes.

1 2 โ€บ