Are we going to keep ignoring that face camping and hard tunneling are a giant problem

Literally in the first game I play today I get face camped and after that I played 4 more games in 2 of them someone got fact camped and in a 3rd someone got hard tunneled the entire game. So out of 5 games only one was even remotely enjoyable because that killer actually patrolled gens and put pressure on all of us so we had to actually play smart. That game ended with 3 of us dying and one escaping. The other games were 3 of us escaping and 1 person dying with most of us never even seeing the killer or getting into a chase screwing our emblems because the killer wanted to hard tunnel and face camp one person. Something needs to be done about this.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • They've released a killer who forces you to camp and tunnel because it's completely useless :D

  • @HuDawg said:

    Ever since the ds nerf we have seen a high increase of tunneling and camping so i have a feeling it is because of it not sure🤔

    Then run DS.. i do and killers leave me alone after being unhooked.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2074406#Comment_2074406

    And what you "less than ideal" players don't seem to understand that is if everybody properly punished the mindless campers, it would disappear or you'd outlevel them.

    I'm sorry if you can't handle the truth of the situation, but that's the way it is. There's nothing high-and mighty about pointing out that your gameplay encourages the very thing you hate going up against. And as I've pointed out time and time again - if you don't find it fun and engaging, don't play.

    This game has retained it's player base for almost SIX ######### YEARS despite all the pissing and moaning about camping. You all can stop acting like what's happening is going to kill the game

    What you need to accept is that it's just not for you and there's no shame in that.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2074651#Comment_2074651

    But it's not wrong. See above. If players would respond properly to camping every single time, you'd see a lot less of it.

    And, as I mentioned, the reason it hasn't killed the game yet is because there are enough good killers that don't camp. And you don't want to punish good killers by hard genrushing.

    Putting it on the survivors to just 'deal with it' is going to create far more hostility because there's no immediate way to tell if a killer is camping, aside from running kindred all the time.

    Which is why the 'you can see the killer if he's X meters from a hooked survivor' should probably be baseline.

    And even then, good luck instructing the other two survivors to not bother playing the game.

    Bad playstyles encourage more bad playstyles. Bully swiffers make killers camp and tunnel, campers and tunnellers make survivors genrush. It's a harsh negative spiral that just breaks the game down.

    And as I said, the reason that the game is still alive is due to players' intention of having fun. Lots of killers don't camp or tunnel, lots of survivors don't genrush or go into bully swiffers.

    The ones that do are the worst parts of the game.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2074021#Comment_2074021

    I got the perk, yay! And I agree that different strokes for different folks. You also speak at length about camping which I stated in an earlier comment was not much of a problem, my issue is with the hard tunnels or tunnel n' slug combo. In general people were upset that I said I reported these people. But if you read this forum, post chat, fb group etc, literally thousands of people complain about this behavior every day. So dismissing this toxic behavior as 'strategy' is not ok, when 80% of this game are survivors. Especially when a huge swath of their players have repeatedly ask for a solution or a deterrent to this behavior. You pointed out that queue times are long and tedious. I am tired of waiting 10-15 minutes for a match to be tunneled out in 3 and have to get back in line.

    On a side bar, I die a little on the inside when I am being face camped and people don't go do the gens. I would 100% rather hang for the entire time until death if the gens all get popped in the meantime and the other team members get out.

    I myself prefer to play as a survivor. By far. This game was basically the second coming of Monstrum for me. Hiding and sneaking around in an attempt to outwit a violent killer is my bag.

    But you have to understand, just because lots of people complain about something doesn't mean that their complaints make it so. I hate face camping too. A lot. I hate when I see it happen to other people who are just trying to enjoy their game, and I hate it when it happens to me as I'm trying to enjoy mine. I find it cheap, lazy, and unskilled. But if it gets them the win because the other survivors refuse to counter it, then I have to disagree with the assertion that it isn't a strategy. As far as I'm concerned anything in this game that gets you ahead, as long as it's not a cheat or otherwise deliberate exploit of a game mechanic that the developers didn't intend for, then it's fair game. I may not like it, but that's life. Or death. Pun intended.

    I mean, I get it. I really do. Being camped sucked. Being tunneled sucks. I can't tell you how many times I've rolled my eyes and sat there sighing in exasperation as the killer went for me five times in a match even when I was surrounded by multiple other survivors. I can't tell you how hard it was to fight the impulse to screw over the camper by just disconnecting and taking the temporary ban. But when I play as a killer, those little bastard survivors do things that piss me off too. It goes both ways.

    Camping sucks. Tunneling sucks. Slugging sucks. The fact that all the killers are inherently faster than any of the survivors sucks. The fact that three of the survivors can work together while you're trying to stop one from doing something sucks. But that's the name of the game, man. Sometimes (sure, I agree with you, more often than I'd like), other players will be dickbags and yes, it's absolutely annoying. But objectively speaking I just can't think of a reason why it should be mandatory for killers to have to turn their backs and leave after hooking someone, thus ENSURING that the survivors can free them. That doesn't make any sense to me. That, ironically, WOULD be a blatant imbalance that clearly favors one side over the other.

  • As long as the forums continue to be a circle jerk for killer mains, yes, it will be ignored. Really unfortunate how many people shut down discussions about this and deny an obvious problem.

  • Es como pedirle a los supervivientes que dejen de hacer genrush y que se deje cazar porque si hace buen loop el asesino no cuelga a nadie en toda la partida. Mejor aprende a hacer buen loop... ¿no?

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    Literally in the first game I play today I get face camped and after that I played 4 more games in 2 of them someone got fact camped and in a 3rd someone got hard tunneled the entire game. So out of 5 games only one was even remotely enjoyable because that killer actually patrolled gens and put pressure on all of us so we had to actually play smart. That game ended with 3 of us dying and one escaping. The other games were 3 of us escaping and 1 person dying with most of us never even seeing the killer or getting into a chase screwing our emblems because the killer wanted to hard tunnel and face camp one person. Something needs to be done about this.

    This Game is full of campers and tunneling. Cause every single DBD Killerplayer is bad af. They need to camp 24/7 in your face, because they not good enough to win. This game is getting more and more trash. DS nerf = dbd is dead for the most people.

    Since they nerfed DS the Killers camp and tunnel more than ever before. xD Such a trash for real.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2072529#Comment_2072529

    If survivors only do gens and leave then they're choosing not to interact with the killer but if you are truly worried about your emblems and rank then you can take the time to run to where the hooked survivor is and try to bait the killer away or make the save. If all 3 other survivors come and do that then they can make the save and give the camped survivor a chance to play.

    If survivors tried to bait a camping killer away, it would be a 4k. This is bad strategy against a camping killer. If the survivors do gens, it will be a 2k.

    But either way, a player being able to totally stop another player from playing the game is a major flaw in the game.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2072549#Comment_2072549

    If survivors tried to bait a camping killer away, it would be a 4k. This is bad strategy against a camping killer. If the survivors do gens, it will be a 2k.

    But either way, a player being able to totally stop another player from playing the game is a major flaw in the game.

    Not really when the killers sole job is to kill and take people out of the game.

  • @Practical said:

    @Hektic3000 is correct.

    It's sad, but it's true. It's hard, but it's fair. I would suggest that Survivors choose to rush gens while the Killer is wasting his/her/their time face-camping.

    Words of wisdom. It drives me insane when people get hooked and let themselves die. I know its not fun, but it's giving a gift to the team. Thats like 2 mins or so of unfettered access to gens. When i get face camped i take my lumps and WANT folks to work on gens. I'm a killer main and I would never face camp for this reason. It make no sense and I get no points. Not to say that I won't be skulking around, but never face camping.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2076156#Comment_2076156

    And, as I mentioned, the reason it hasn't killed the game yet is because there are enough good killers that don't camp. And you don't want to punish good killers by hard genrushing.

    Putting it on the survivors to just 'deal with it' is going to create far more hostility because there's no immediate way to tell if a killer is camping, aside from running kindred all the time.

    Which is why the 'you can see the killer if he's X meters from a hooked survivor' should probably be baseline.

    And even then, good luck instructing the other two survivors to not bother playing the game.

    Bad playstyles encourage more bad playstyles. Bully swiffers make killers camp and tunnel, campers and tunnellers make survivors genrush. It's a harsh negative spiral that just breaks the game down.

    And as I said, the reason that the game is still alive is due to players' intention of having fun. Lots of killers don't camp or tunnel, lots of survivors don't genrush or go into bully swiffers.

    The ones that do are the worst parts of the game.

    "you don't want to punish good killers by genrushing"

    Excuse me... WHY?!

    It's your objective. If the killer can't pressure you hard enough, that's too ######### bad.

    You are the very definition of what Sirlin is talking about - shackling yourself with all these nonsensical made-up rules that don't matter. This is a PvP game, bring it or go home.

    It's noble that you want to care about others... but when the other side is out to beat you, this isn't the right place for it. As I said, bring it or go home.

    I'm the worst part of the game according to you...

    ######### hell man - the person who has to get over themselves are people like you who think that people who like to play wide open are obligated to "dumb down" or "play with kid gloves" because somebodies feelings might get bruised.

    FFS - your expectation is unrealistic and is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    Literally in the first game I play today I get face camped and after that I played 4 more games in 2 of them someone got fact camped and in a 3rd someone got hard tunneled the entire game. So out of 5 games only one was even remotely enjoyable because that killer actually patrolled gens and put pressure on all of us so we had to actually play smart. That game ended with 3 of us dying and one escaping. The other games were 3 of us escaping and 1 person dying with most of us never even seeing the killer or getting into a chase screwing our emblems because the killer wanted to hard tunnel and face camp one person. Something needs to be done about this.

    Its a problem, but its mostly caused by gen rushing and the fact they go off too fast. If killers had more time to do things, they wouldn't need to resort to such tactics.

  • @Frontdoor6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/239187/are-we-going-to-keep-ignoring-that-face-camping-and-hard-tunneling-are-a-giant-problem

    Its a problem, but its mostly caused by gen rushing and the fact they go off too fast. If killers had more time to do things, they wouldn't need to resort to such tactics.

    yep

  • @Tsulan said:

    Well, the current issue of killers getting their first hook when 3 gens are completed is being ignored. So killers resort to the only thing that's left.

    Solve gen speed and the other issue will decrease.

    This. I don’t think many killers want to ever tunnel or camp but when generators are being completed and any pressure the killer has is disappearing the killer will do the only they can do to regain power and remove a player. Especially when things like brand new parts are being used.

  • @Frontdoor6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/239187/are-we-going-to-keep-ignoring-that-face-camping-and-hard-tunneling-are-a-giant-problem

    Its a problem, but its mostly caused by gen rushing and the fact they go off too fast. If killers had more time to do things, they wouldn't need to resort to such tactics.

    If gen rushing is a problem and camping is the only way to fix it. Fixing camping would also result in nerf to gen rushing. Neither one is fun for survivors or killers. As long as camping allows killers to stop gen rushing, it means gen rushing is never going to be fixed until camping is fixed. Fixing both would be a vast improvement to the game.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2076778#Comment_2076778

    "you don't want to punish good killers by genrushing"

    Excuse me... WHY?!

    It's your objective. If the killer can't pressure you hard enough, that's too ######### bad.

    You are the very definition of what Sirlin is talking about - shackling yourself with all these nonsensical made-up rules that don't matter. This is a PvP game, bring it or go home.

    It's noble that you want to care about others... but when the other side is out to beat you, this isn't the right place for it. As I said, bring it or go home.

    I'm the worst part of the game according to you...

    ######### hell man - the person who has to get over themselves are people like you who think that people who like to play wide open are obligated to "dumb down" or "play with kid gloves" because somebodies feelings might get bruised.

    FFS - your expectation is unrealistic and is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

    Super hardball maximum sweaty PvP has never been good for the playability of -any- game, or the health of any game's community. I want DBD to be fun to play, not just a spectator sport.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2077602#Comment_2077602

    If gen rushing is a problem and camping is the only way to fix it. Fixing camping would also result in nerf to gen rushing. Neither one is fun for survivors or killers. As long as camping allows killers to stop gen rushing, it means gen rushing is never going to be fixed until camping is fixed. Fixing both would be a vast improvement to the game.

    Camping doesn't stop Gen rushing, it encourages it. Once survivors seen a camping killer they're first thought is to do gens while the killer is with that survivor

  • Sometimes the best option is to do both. It has won me many games where I was down to 2 gens while trying to be nice and I just had to remove someone out of the game. Also, camping can bring others around you for some free hits causing a snowball. I have to disagree with you on this. Both are fine and valid tactics.

  • Hope they didnt ignore, like the fact that also genrush is a problem. For both side perks helps, but not risolve.

  • It’s an easy fix they just need to punish face camping by reducing blood points instead of emblem status. If people watch -200 BP disappearing every 20 seconds for face camping they might actually think to leave the hook. Unfortunately most people either don’t care about losing emblem points or they don’t even realise face camping reduces them so the continue to do it.

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2072478#Comment_2072478

    The issue is not so much the killer forcibly taking a survivor out of the game, it’s the fact that all 4 survivors get their ranks and pips screwed over because the killer doesn’t want to interact with any of the except the guy he is camping/tunneling. Camping and tunneling would probably not be cared about nearly as much if the ranking/pip system was reworked but the devs don’t want to see to do that either.

    You really need to get some new material champ. Look, I want to save you some time and aggravation. Camping and Tunneling aren't going anywhere. You could do one post a minute for the next three days full of sound and fury and it wouldn't have any effect. The DEV have made it abundantly clear time and time again that those are valid tactics and they aren't going to do anything to fix it for you. I suggest you go back just six months (no reason to go entirely crazy) and look at how many posts there have been. Go back two years if that is what it takes. You will find that you are beating a dead horse for no avail.

  • @realflashboss said:

    It’s an easy fix they just need to punish face camping by reducing blood points instead of emblem status. If people watch -200 BP disappearing every 20 seconds for face camping they might actually think to leave the hook. Unfortunately most people either don’t care about losing emblem points or they don’t even realise face camping reduces them so the continue to do it.

    No. This suggestion is just petty BS because you're angry you can't get free unhooks.

    How about Survivors lose BP if they do gens too fast? What's that? They're just playing the objective? WELL SO IS THE KILLER!


    Camping is fine. Camping is a legit strat. Camping is not going anywhere. It's one of the ways Killers ensure a kill. And their entire objective is. To. Kill. You.

    Or is it just not fair that you lost? I mean, with an idea this petty, it HAS to be that you can't stand losing.

  • Well... judging by the success of the game... I'd say the evidence supports competence. :)

  • Are we going to keep ignoring the fact that the devs have said, repeatedly, that camping, slugging, and tunneling are valid tactics?

    🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

  • @Power_Guy said:

    Are we going to keep ignoring the fact that the devs have said, repeatedly, that camping, slugging, and tunneling are valid tactics?

    🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

    Yes we are because anyone with a brain realizes how stupid that it. Camping, tunneling and slugging are the most complained about and hated thing in this game and has caused more people to quit then anything else. The fact that the devs keep trying to say those are legit strategies is only hurting the game in the long run. Keeping those things in the game only increased toxicity, divides the community even more, and make people hate on the devs an extreme amount. Literally nothing good comes from keeping those things in the game and nothing good comes from the devs continued defense and support of it.

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183643#Comment_2183643

    Yes we are because anyone with a brain realizes how stupid that it. Camping, tunneling and slugging are the most complained about and hated thing in this game and has caused more people to quit then anything else. The fact that the devs keep trying to say those are legit strategies is only hurting the game in the long run. Keeping those things in the game only increased toxicity, divides the community even more, and make people hate on the devs an extreme amount. Literally nothing good comes from keeping those things in the game and nothing good comes from the devs continued defense and support of it.

    No, actually they are are not. A distinct vocal minority complains about them endlessly, but every time serious polls are done, the results would surprise you. You just need to git'gud.

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183643#Comment_2183643

    Yes we are because anyone with a brain realizes how stupid that it. Camping, tunneling and slugging are the most complained about and hated thing in this game and has caused more people to quit then anything else. The fact that the devs keep trying to say those are legit strategies is only hurting the game in the long run. Keeping those things in the game only increased toxicity, divides the community even more, and make people hate on the devs an extreme amount. Literally nothing good comes from keeping those things in the game and nothing good comes from the devs continued defense and support of it.

    Above about rank 10, if you rotate hooks among four survivors (i.e., before anyone gets a third everyone has two) you. will. lose. the. game. with. a. 0. or 1. k. every. single. time. (unless you are a god nurse/spirit maybe).

    Solve that problem, and we can talk about banning tunneling. Because the one thing worse than tunneling/camping is 1 killer for every 100 survivors and 3 hour survivor queues.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183650#Comment_2183650

    No, actually they are are not. A distinct vocal minority complains about them endlessly, but every time serious polls are done, the results would surprise you. You just need to git'gud.

    There is no getting good when it comes to those strats. The way you beat them is to play stealthy to not get found by the kill but wait the devs keep ######### nerfing stealth because killers kept complaint it wasn’t fun to play against. Go figure the things killers think isn’t fun get nerfed but the things survivors think aren’t fun don’t get touched.

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183643#Comment_2183643

    Yes we are because anyone with a brain realizes how stupid that it. Camping, tunneling and slugging are the most complained about and hated thing in this game and has caused more people to quit then anything else. The fact that the devs keep trying to say those are legit strategies is only hurting the game in the long run. Keeping those things in the game only increased toxicity, divides the community even more, and make people hate on the devs an extreme amount. Literally nothing good comes from keeping those things in the game and nothing good comes from the devs continued defense and support of it.

    Except every idea to 'fix' it either:

    1. Easily abused by Survivors for free unhooks
    2. Removes Killer player agency
    3. Is a spiteful idea meant to punish Killers


    No idea, ever, to 'fix' it has been good in any way. Every single one fits into one of the three areas I listed above.

    But you, and other Survivors don't care. You just think you deserve all the unhooks, and so you pretend to care about 'the health of the game' while ignoring how many Killers would leave if you tied their hands because you're throwing a temper tantrum over losing 'unfairly'.


    All your comments about the 'health of the game' and 'hurting the game' are pitiful smokescreens for the truth; You want more unhooks. You want to get unhooks when you get to the hook. You don't want Killers winning. You want easier matches.

    Guess what? You don't get to decide what's fair. The devs do. And they decided, years ago, that they can't punish camping without Survivors exploiting it. Because Survivors exploited the punishment they tried.

    And now Survivors are coming back and suggesting the exact same punishment, like they expect the devs to just let them get away with abusing it again if they scream loud enough.


    Guess what else; you know why Survivor queues are so long? Because Killers aren't playing. And you think trying Killer's hands with half-baked, trash punishments will make the game BETTER?

    No. No. You are well aware that it will make the game EASIER, for YOU. You could care less about how it affects Killers.

    ...Up until they all leave, and you're left wondering why the game died, because YOU were having fun with EZ wins due to all the trash mechanics & BS punishments you demanded the Devs add in to make your game easier.


    Because when you say 'Camping is unfun' what you really mean is 'Losing is unfun. Please alter the game so I can win'.

    Thankfully, the Devs aren't falling for your smokescreen.

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183669#Comment_2183669

    There is no getting good when it comes to those strats. The way you beat them is to play stealthy to not get found by the kill but wait the devs keep ######### nerfing stealth because killers kept complaint it wasn’t fun to play against. Go figure the things killers think isn’t fun get nerfed but the things survivors think aren’t fun don’t get touched.

    And yet thousands of Players manage to play against it successfully every day. Git'gud.

  • They're problems because the only counters are one use only and aren't efficient enough

    And even then, balancing a mechanic someone can perform around perks is idiotic, pay-to-win in some cases, and downright horrible game design.

    Don't tell people "Just run BT" "Just run DS" they should be able to run whatever they please and still have a fun game

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183650#Comment_2183650

    Except every idea to 'fix' it either:

    1. Easily abused by Survivors for free unhooks
    2. Removes Killer player agency
    3. Is a spiteful idea meant to punish Killers

    No idea, ever, to 'fix' it has been good in any way. Every single one fits into one of the three areas I listed above.

    But you, and other Survivors don't care. You just think you deserve all the unhooks, and so you pretend to care about 'the health of the game' while ignoring how many Killers would leave if you tied their hands because you're throwing a temper tantrum over losing 'unfairly'.

    All your comments about the 'health of the game' and 'hurting the game' are pitiful smokescreens for the truth; You want more unhooks. You want to get unhooks when you get to the hook. You don't want Killers winning. You want easier matches.

    Guess what? You don't get to decide what's fair. The devs do. And they decided, years ago, that they can't punish camping without Survivors exploiting it. Because Survivors exploited the punishment they tried.

    And now Survivors are coming back and suggesting the exact same punishment, like they expect the devs to just let them get away with abusing it again if they scream loud enough.

    Guess what else; you know why Survivor queues are so long? Because Killers aren't playing. And you think trying Killer's hands with half-baked, trash punishments will make the game BETTER?

    No. No. You are well aware that it will make the game EASIER, for YOU. You could care less about how it affects Killers.

    ...Up until they all leave, and you're left wondering why the game died, because YOU were having fun with EZ wins due to all the trash mechanics & BS punishments you demanded the Devs add in to make your game easier.

    Because when you say 'Camping is unfun' what you really mean is 'Losing is unfun. Please alter the game so I can win'.

    Thankfully, the Devs aren't falling for your smokescreen.

    Your argument meant to fully insult me for no reason would have worked except for the simple fact that I am a rank 2 killer that never has to use any of those strats and still can get 3-4K in a majority of games.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183681#Comment_2183681

    And yet thousands of Players manage to play against it successfully every day. Git'gud.

    Ok mister genius you tell me how to beat those strats without using stealth and still being able to pip up because your emblems will get ######### over even if you are not the one getting camped because the killer refuses to interact with you and you can’t heal or unhook the guy getting face camped.

  • If you want to get rid of tunneling, then you need to remove the necessity of it.

    The fact of the matter is that you cannot play a clean 12-hook game against a half-decent team.


    If you want to remove tunneling, you MUST slow the game down.

  • @Pulsar said:

    If you want to get rid of tunneling, then you need to remove the necessity of it.

    The fact of the matter is that you cannot play a clean 12-hook game against a half-decent team.

    If you want to remove tunneling, you MUST slow the game down.

    That’s not true at all. I’m a rank 2 killer and have 0 problems playing fair and still getting 4k even against swfs. I do agree the game does need to be slowed down a little but it’s not impossible to win while playing fair

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183692#Comment_2183692

    That’s not true at all. I’m a rank 2 killer and have 0 problems playing fair and still getting 4k even against swfs. I do agree the game does need to be slowed down a little but it’s not impossible to win while playing fair

    I said half-decent Survivors.

    How many hours do you have?

    What perks do you think are OP?

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    Literally in the first game I play today I get face camped and after that I played 4 more games in 2 of them someone got fact camped and in a 3rd someone got hard tunneled the entire game. So out of 5 games only one was even remotely enjoyable because that killer actually patrolled gens and put pressure on all of us so we had to actually play smart. That game ended with 3 of us dying and one escaping. The other games were 3 of us escaping and 1 person dying with most of us never even seeing the killer or getting into a chase screwing our emblems because the killer wanted to hard tunnel and face camp one person. Something needs to be done about this.

    I understand your argument, when I play as killer I really try not to camp and tunnel, however how do you explain the survivor teams that dunk on you when it isn't done? I've had to camp before because I know someone is there just waiting for me to leave. If I don't camp I get the GGEZ BS. and if I do I get called trash for doing it. I don't do that every game but sometimes I feel I have too.

    As for tunneling If I see the person who got someone off a hook I will go after them, however if I don't and the person who came off the hook runs into me again I will down them.


    How do you feel about situations like that?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183706#Comment_2183706

    I said half-decent Survivors.

    How many hours do you have?

    What perks do you think are OP?

    I would say I have around 1000 hours. I don’t think any perk is op and I don’t hate any perk except noed

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183692#Comment_2183692

    That’s not true at all. I’m a rank 2 killer and have 0 problems playing fair and still getting 4k even against swfs. I do agree the game does need to be slowed down a little but it’s not impossible to win while playing fair

    Play 'fair' all you want.

    I, too, play fair, and I camp and tunnel. And I slug sometimes, if another Survivor is nearby waiting to save.

    If Survivors can try their hardest to win by banging out gens quickly, I can try my hardest to win by knocking someone out of the game as quickly as possible. And your petty little ideas about camping, fairness, and what's 'fun' have no impact on my play.


    You can't remove camping without removing player agency. At that point, Killers will leave and queue times will get longer, because punishing 'camping' would be a direct nerf to every Killer's tools to win.

    But that's what you really want. That all any of the whiners want when they whine about 'camping' and 'tunneling' and 'slugging'. They just want Killers forced to play by their made-up rules so they can have easier matches.


    If you can't accept that the Devs have said, repeatedly, that camping, tunneling, and slugging are valid; then maybe this game is not for you.

    It's as useless as whining about getting sniped in CoD and demanding they remove all snipers because you find them 'cheap' and 'unfun'. The real message behind it is 'I don't like this, cater to me. Let me win more.'. I don't know what else to tell you.

    This is just a step or two removed from whining that Killers kill. 🤷 Do you really think you get to decide HOW the other team wins?


    Your mindset is exactly why Survivors abuse me in end game chat when they feel I've played 'unfairly' and I'm <redacted> sick of it. Devs have said, repeatedly, that camping, slugging, and tunneling are fine.

    Accept it or leave.

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183684#Comment_2183684

    Ok mister genius you tell me how to beat those strats without using stealth and still being able to pip up because your emblems will get ######### over even if you are not the one getting camped because the killer refuses to interact with you and you can’t heal or unhook the guy getting face camped.

    Teamwork, looping, Borrowed Time, Styptic Agent, Camaraderie, We're Going To Make It, Spine Chill (not for Stealth but for knowing when to leave a Gen early), Dead Hard, and just plain old mind games. The fact is the BASICS carry a Player past most obstacles. I've played fourteen games tonight as Survivor, mostly because I was going for the Gnome. I died in two. Of those fourteen games, only two Killers camped; I died in neither of those matches because my Teammates STILL got me off the hook.

    There is no magic bullet. You log in the hours, many thousands of hours and you get good enough that all the things that bother you now seem unimportant later. BASICS. You practice Looping. You practice Safe Rescues. Against a Camper you have lots of useful tricks. Dead Hard combined with Borrowed Time used correctly will bait the swing at you which DH handles, you unhook while he is reloading and take the protection hit while the other gets away. That is just ONE way to do it. There are videos (lots of them) made by far better players than me (I consider myself a competent Survivor... no more and no less) which you can go watch.

    Look, I'm trying to be nice. I'm actually trying to be helpful, but people like you really try my patience. If you spent even 10% of the time working on your obstacles in game and researching as you do moaning and groaning here, you wouldn't have anything to complain about. You would already be past it.

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183710#Comment_2183710

    I would say I have around 1000 hours. I don’t think any perk is op and I don’t hate any perk except noed

    You play on Xbox, right?

    I think I remember you saying that.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183650#Comment_2183650

    No, actually they are are not. A distinct vocal minority complains about them endlessly, but every time serious polls are done, the results would surprise you. You just need to git'gud.

    I'm curious about that so I made 2 polls one for Killers one for survivors to see what bugs who

  • @wxnickxw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183669#Comment_2183669

    I'm curious about that so I made 2 polls one for Killers one for survivors to see what bugs who

    I'm not talking about Player Polls on the Forum. :) The Forum isn't really the community. The majority of the actual community never come here, post on social media about the game, etc. I'm talking about the surveys that bEhavior gives us periodically. There have been some that talk about all sorts of issues, including the ones discussed here. Over the years it has come up countless time and in countless ways. The actual statistics and responses to the surveys they give (and care about) tell them all they need to know. And as I said, the results would probably surprise you.

    People who spend there time here get a Fun House Mirror version of the community and the game. It is one of the reasons I'm such a stickler sometimes. I don't like the confirmation bias, the glittering generalities, and the fact that more people who are upset post (and post a lot) as compared to the LARGER number of people who are content, and thus have no reason to post. It is a basic fact of statistics that certain kinds of feedback and polls are tainted at the source because of their nature. Happy people don't say much. Angry people make noise far in excess of their size.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183757#Comment_2183757

    I'm not talking about Player Polls on the Forum. :) The Forum isn't really the community. The majority of the actual community never come here, post on social media about the game, etc. I'm talking about the surveys that bEhavior gives us periodically. There have been some that talk about all sorts of issues, including the ones discussed here. Over the years it has come up countless time and in countless ways. The actual statistics and responses to the surveys they give (and care about) tell them all they need to know. And as I said, the results would probably surprise you.

    People who spend there time here get a Fun House Mirror version of the community and the game. It is one of the reasons I'm such a stickler sometimes. I don't like the confirmation bias, the glittering generalities, and the fact that more people who are upset post (and post a lot) as compared to the LARGER number of people who are content, and thus have no reason to post. It is a basic fact of statistics that certain kinds of feedback and polls are tainted at the source because of their nature. Happy people don't say much. Angry people make noise far in excess of their size.

    Yah I never even bother with their polls, generally if I'm loading up the game to play I just click the button over and over till it loads. So what is the number 1 thing players would like fixed according to their in game polls?

  • @wxnickxw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2183773#Comment_2183773

    Yah I never even bother with their polls, generally if I'm loading up the game to play I just click the button over and over till it loads. So what is the number 1 thing players would like fixed according to their in game polls?

    You should do their Surveys as those are the ones to which they pay the most attention. Players want optimization fixed across the platforms. They actually would prefer a skipping a new content chapter to work on bugs. Quite a number of them want a change to the basic regression speed. A significant number (and I'll never understand why) are interested in cosmetics.

  • @realflashboss said:

    It’s an easy fix they just need to punish face camping by reducing blood points instead of emblem status. If people watch -200 BP disappearing every 20 seconds for face camping they might actually think to leave the hook. Unfortunately most people either don’t care about losing emblem points or they don’t even realise face camping reduces them so the continue to do it.

    It's an easy fix to dissolve the killer playerbase.

    You start punishing killers more and even more killers stop playing.

  • I'll say too, it's frustrating how many posts I see that complain about things without proposing fixes or new ideas.

    Part of the problem, IMO, is that Survivors aren't really united on how face camping can be fixed. Something substantial game-wise would have to change, but based on some other threads and suggestions I've seen, more experienced survivors are just fine letting one person get face camped while the other 3 rush gens and escape. Those experienced survivors don't want any changes that make their success in that match more dependent on the skill of that first person getting caught and face camped, so for now, it seems like those people getting caught will continue to have a problem that in general, neither their teammates nor the killer are invested in fixing.

  • camping and tunneling are valid tactics that sometimes work very well for the killer. Sorry but nothing's gonna be done to stop them that's why y'all have perks like DS and BT and others.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073329#Comment_2073329

    I like Midwich. Maybe because I'm an old school Silent Hill fan, or maybe because I'm a new player and don't take the same amount of joy in the secondary game of looping that everyone else seems to. I don't know. The fact is, it's a map I really enjoy. Some of the maps I like the least, others love the most. It is what it is.

    As for the camping, as a survivor main I can join the chorus that says yes, it IS incredibly annoying. It's not just annoying, it's a waste of our time. An elimination of our agency, our ability to even play the game. Believe it or not it's not the most satisfying thing to get a game based on hunting, chasing, sneaking and survival, wait upwards of several minutes for a match, and then spend just as many minutes (if not more) NOT playing the game but simply hanging there on a hook and / or crawling around on the ground helplessly with nothing to do. Staring at a screen unable to play a game probably isn't most people's idea of a good time. In fact it's nothing more than wasted time. Wasted time that, if the killer weren't camping, could be spent, you know, playing the game.

    HAVING SAID THAT, I have no fealty to one side or the other. I see so many survivor mains bitching about killers, and so many killer mains bitching about survivors, and I find it so ridiculous. I used to moderate the THQ wrestling game forums and saw the same cyclical arguments day after day. "These things ruin the game". "No, I like them. That other stuff that YOU like ruins the game". I would imagine that it's like this in many game communities, especially competitive ones, and I just don't understand why something that could turn into valid, constructive criticism is so often reduced to broad-brush dismissal of "that OTHER tribe". Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of legitimate discussion and criticism here. Everyone who's spoken to me so far has been perfectly decent. I was just warned by...well, anyone I know who's ever played this game that the community is toxic, and it's nor hard to see why. I don't blame anyone specifically. I'm just saying that I thought the war between killers and survivors would be restricted to the game itself.

    So, on that note, I've played killers too. There are killers I enjoy just like there are survivors I enjoy. And my point is, while I hate camping and try very hard not to resort to it myself because I think that it's a cheap and lazy strategy that ruins other peoples' fun, I accept that it IS in fact a valid strategy. Sure, it may suck that the survivors may have to adjust their preferred strategy when they see a camper and take the opportunity to jam in some good generator repairs (though strangely, in 95 percent of my games, they don't). Sure, survivors may prefer altruism over objectives. I myself really enjoyed the teamwork of my first week of play before I realized how many players are addicted to camping. But, again, it's a valid strategy. I may not like it but hey, them's the breaks. If more people realized that they could work together on getting those gennys done and let the camped survivor linger for a while, camping would start to become less popular. And again, yeah, it really sucks to be the person on the hook or bleeding on the ground while some inbred taps the crouch button over and over to indicate his apparent skill and brilliance. But if you play enough to get better, and don't always rush in for a save you're a lot less likely to wind up hooked in the first place. Right now I feel that I suck, but even I know that that's because I have a lot more practicing to do and lot more things to learn.

    The bottom line is that, as a newcomer to this scene, I see a lot of the same arguments repeated in different forms: Killers suck because X, Survivors suck because Y. Let's face it, there are plenty of pros and cons on both sides and lots of different ways to play the game. I love some maps others hate. Others love some killers that I can't stand. It's not a game for one person, it's a game for everybody. So yeah, while things sometimes happen in my game that put me in an extremely salty mood, that doesn't mean that I can't play differently or choose a different character or try different perks or otherwise try to have fun in a different manner the next time. There are things that I hate, but that doesn't make them inherently bad, nor should it mean that everyone else has to hate them too.

    If you read this whole thing you get the ultra rare "You're Very Kind and / or Very Bored" perk.

    Oh oh can I get both perks?

1 2 3 4 5