People refusing to play the game against certain killers

As a hybrid player I've been in both sides and noticed that if a killer or their build is unlikeable then survivors will simply not play. Either dc, afking, griefing or killing themselves on hook, it's kinda bizzare. But no one really comments on that because you simply kill them and get easy bloodpoints. If I play Hag, odds are that I'll have a normal game. If I use rusty shackles because I wanna try a funny build like ultimate totem protector hag, then I won't manage to get it to work since most teams will simply give up. If I play pig I'll have a normal gamez but if I switch to spirit or deathslinger for a daily, then I'll get faced with 4 dcs.

But, again, I don't see anyone commenting on it. I can kinda see why someone wouldn't enjoy versing a forever Freddy, but actively giving up results in the other 4 players having a boring game.

But that's simply, my opinion

Comments

  • I only do it if the killer is working with another survivor to farm points, like if the killer slugs everybody hooks three of em and then grabs the last person to let them wiggle off so they can farm, I will sacrifice myself so fast, and then I'll wait for the person to come rescue me and die in front of em as a screw you lol

  • Probably because people now think he's a viable killer, and they're not used to t bagging the ######### out of him

  • Ill give up against a good pc death slinger. Thats about it. Least fun killer to go against by far

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2010176#Comment_2010176

    Freddy, I can understand. Maybe even Ghostface.

    But why on earth would your teammates kill themselves against Michael or Wraith?

    I personally hate playing against wraith bc he just speedruns though the map when cloaked and ends up next to you within seconds.

    Michael same issue, he just suddenly appears next to you, exposes you and boom you're down. Any killer that has no terror radius or can turn it off, is one i do not like to play against. Simply bc of the heart attacks it gives when they are suddenly next to me. I do not DC tho i just play normally but i make more bad decisions against those killers than others

  • @HectorBrando said:

    Can you blame people for ditching their teammates against Twins? really?.

    Can you blame people for ditching their teammates ruining the game for four other people against Twins? really?.

    Fixed that for you (assuming by 'ditching' mean hook suicide / disconnect).

    And yes. I can.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    As a hybrid player I've been in both sides and noticed that if a killer or their build is unlikeable then survivors will simply not play. Either dc, afking, griefing or killing themselves on hook, it's kinda bizzare. But no one really comments on that because you simply kill them and get easy bloodpoints. If I play Hag, odds are that I'll have a normal game. If I use rusty shackles because I wanna try a funny build like ultimate totem protector hag, then I won't manage to get it to work since most teams will simply give up. If I play pig I'll have a normal gamez but if I switch to spirit or deathslinger for a daily, then I'll get faced with 4 dcs.

    But, again, I don't see anyone commenting on it. I can kinda see why someone wouldn't enjoy versing a forever Freddy, but actively giving up results in the other 4 players having a boring game.

    But that's simply, my opinion

    I don't understand it either. As I have also been on both sides it's obnoxious and as a survivor I like to give the killer a Fair fight even if someone dc's ect. It's only fair, considering it's just a waste of points, time and pips If you don't give it a go.

    I think the problem is situational to the killer being used and the generally assumption of said killers play, even if it's a totally different style then any other played game. (If that makes sense). It's bogus but it happens

  • No point wasting time if you already know the outcome of a match.

  • I never DC usually. If I ever kms on hook it's probably because it's a deathslinger. Other than that, if I do DC or kms to any other killer it's because of my trash teammates :D

  • @th3 said:

    No point wasting time if you already know the outcome of a match.

    That's just admitting to being a bad survivor.

    I've won (and lost) games to every single killer, player skill is a much larger factor than what killer they chose in most cases. And even so, you can still pip without escaping a match, which I'd consider a good result.

    Whenever I have a fellow survivor give up, I never blame the killer, even if that's what they want me to do. The Killer is a player too. It's the survivor who DC'd/Suicided that screwed the rest of us over.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011176#Comment_2011176

    That's just admitting to being a bad survivor.

    I've won (and lost) games to every single killer, player skill is a much larger factor than what killer they chose in most cases. And even so, you can still pip without escaping a match, which I'd consider a good result.

    Whenever I have a fellow survivor give up, I never blame the killer, even if that's what they want me to do. The Killer is a player too. It's the survivor who DC'd/Suicided that screwed the rest of us over.

    "Durr thats just admitting to being a bad survivor durr."

    If I go on a long chase and see my team not doing anything I'm getting out of the game. Clearly the result will end with a 3-4k anyways so why waste time with players on my team helping the killer.

    Also winning as a survivor is escaping. Pips are meaningless and just shows you play often, and in your case you haven't played this game long enough to realize they are meaningless.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011260#Comment_2011260

    "Durr thats just admitting to being a bad survivor durr."

    If I go on a long chase and see my team not doing anything I'm getting out of the game. Clearly the result will end with a 3-4k anyways so why waste time with players on my team helping the killer.

    Also winning as a survivor is escaping. Pips are meaningless and just shows you play often, and in your case you haven't played this game long enough to realize they are meaningless.

    That's a different scenario. If the other survivors are screwing up and throwing the game already, then go ahead and die on the hook. There's nothing you can do.

    The topic is people refusing to play against certain killers. If you're refusing to play a game just because the killer is a specific killer you find 'too hard' to play against, without factoring in your teammates, then yeah, that's admitting to being a bad survivor.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011024#Comment_2011024

    Can you blame people for ditching their teammates ruining the game for four other people against Twins? really?.

    Fixed that for you (assuming by 'ditching' mean hook suicide / disconnect).

    And yes. I can.

    That game was ruined the very moment someone decided to queue as Twins a DC or a hook suicide is just the cherry on the top of a big pile of [BAD WORD].

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011273#Comment_2011273

    That's a different scenario. If the other survivors are screwing up and throwing the game already, then go ahead and die on the hook. There's nothing you can do.

    The topic is people refusing to play against certain killers. If you're refusing to play a game just because the killer is a specific killer you find 'too hard' to play against, without factoring in your teammates, then yeah, that's admitting to being a bad survivor.

    I agree. The specific topic of this forum is basically "I got downed first vs a freddy time to dc!"

    I'm not saying you shouldn't be killing yourself on hook in specific situations, I'm talking about something specific

  • I hate people like that. As someone who plays hockey, I view that as unsportsmanlike af.

    As killer, that's ez bloodpoints and I try not to care too much because they just made the game that much easier for me. As survivor? It sucks, you cuck your team that are still in the match (if they don't DC too) and basically assure a loss for the survivors. It's petty. It's cowardly. Stop doing it. Please.

    Who knows? Maybe you'll win against that very killer/build this time! I hate playing against Freddy which makes escaping so much more rewarding (if I do).

    That's my opinion but I am open for discussion :)

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    The only time I will do this is against a Spirit running Stridor. I simply don't find her fun or balanced, so I refuse to participate in that match.

    There's no interactivity in that match. As soon as you get injured, the chase is over. Might as well give you a Deep Wound timer that doesn't pause while running, because there's no way to avoid even a mediocre Spirit player who has good hearing.

    I'd rather face a 5000 hour Nurse main who hasn't left their computer chair in three weeks. At least those players have to have a modicum of skill and game knowledge to play her well.

    Even in a match where the Spirit player is bad and all the Survivors escape, that match still wasn't fun anyway. I don't get anything out of it except minimal Bloodpoints and most likely a safety pip because the Killer played poorly enough that you'll get barely any Benevolent and Evader points.

    @Superyoshiegg you just need to get better Vs the spirit..

    Even mediocre Survivors has a chance against a mediocre Spirit..

    But it seems you don't even get to mediocre level..

  • @th3 said:

    No point wasting time if you already know the outcome of a match.

    Just get better so you don't waste points..

  • @killz4fun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2010151#Comment_2010151

    @Superyoshiegg you just need to get better Vs the spirit..

    Even mediocre Survivors has a chance against a mediocre Spirit..

    But it seems you don't even get to mediocre level..

    What a constructive contribution to the discussion, and an original reply to my comment.

    "Just get better lol".

    image.png


  • I think I'll pass on your 'solution' thanks. I feel I'm already suitably good enough at both roles for my taste.

  • Many people just wants easy games.

    If certain killers requires effort to counter, they will refuse to play against those killers and proceed to DC or suicide.

    If the situation is getting better for the killer, often survivors will suicide. Sometimes survivor instant DC or suicide on first down because he suspect the killer is good.

    Well, as killer player I have no problem with it. Easy game for me, and always instant queue.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011453#Comment_2011453

    I think I'll pass on your 'solution' thanks. I feel I'm already suitably good enough at both roles for my taste.

    @Superyoshiegg so good enough that you run from games..

    That's just weak..

  • I already explained that I refuse to participate in matches against Spirits running Stridor.

    Not only is that pretty uncommon (so it's not like I'm suiciding every second match), but if you had actually read my post before deciding you would hit me with an innane 'gotcha' comment, you would have noticed that I don't like playing against bad Spirits just as much as good Spirits. It's not a case of "not good enough to beat her", but more of a "I don't enjoy playing this kind of match, I don't play video games to have a bad time so why should I keep playing".

    I'll gladly cop a five minute disconnect penalty. Watching it tick down is more interactive and enjoyable than playing against a Stridor Spirit, after all.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011464#Comment_2011464

    I already explained that I refuse to participate in matches against Spirits running Stridor.

    Not only is that pretty uncommon (so it's not like I'm suiciding every second match), but if you had actually read my post before deciding you would hit me with an innane 'gotcha' comment, you would have noticed that I don't like playing against bad Spirits just as much as good Spirits. It's not a case of "not good enough to beat her", but more of a "I don't enjoy playing this kind of match, I don't play video games to have a bad time so why should I keep playing".

    I'll gladly cop a five minute disconnect penalty. Watching it tick down is more interactive and enjoyable than playing against a Stridor Spirit, after all.

    @Superyoshiegg all that would be avoided.. IF YOU GET BETTER..

    Not all spirit users are good, so unless you are below mediocre you still have good chance to have fun..

    But then again.. you are a quitter run..

    Keep running it's not fun to play weak survivors anyway..

  • @EvanRaven said:

    i'm just going to say if you refuse to play against a certain killer you are bad at the game.

    i've been in red ranks for most of my 1k hours in dbd and i go against killers i dislike almost daily. i still try to win.

    i see sweaty nurses/spirits, i try to adapt.

    why ruin a match for everyone because you don't like who the killer is?

    I think people who kill themselves because of a certain killer they don't like are people who take the game too seriously

  • These guys may be good or bad players, but they've fallen victim to their own ego. They want to feel they are good. They find they are against a Killer who they believe is "no fun" or "is too op", as a way to justify them leaving, because deep down they fear a loss at their hands will show a weakness in their playstyle. This weakness is something they choose to ignore, rather than learn to overcome the obstacle.

    I empathise with why they may want to do this. However, those people are not confident enough in their own ability. They won't get better.

  • @killz4fun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011476#Comment_2011476

    @Superyoshiegg all that would be avoided.. IF YOU GET BETTER..

    Not all spirit users are good, so unless you are below mediocre you still have good chance to have fun..

    But then again.. you are a quitter run..

    Keep running it's not fun to play weak survivors anyway..

    Alright buddy, whatever you say.

    Seeing as you keep ignoring my points, evidently there's no point continuing this discussion.

    Have a good day.

  • @lagosta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2010277#Comment_2010277

    Just to make clear, I am not defending the quitters. But saying that others need to toughen up, or just pay for better connection is oversimplifying the issues in this case. Git Gud™ is a meme.

    DBD has a core getaway mechanic (suicide on hook) and is freaking snowbally. Player retention needs to be stimulated, that is why I now defend catch-up mechanics such as NOED and Hatch. They give the losing side hope on turning the tides of the match. Most of the killer and survivors DCs I see happen when the situation turns grim to them at the start of the match.

    If you only play killer you can only experience other players' DCs when a survivor does it, but if you play survivor you see them both.

    And regarding the good internet connections, have a little bit of empathy. I versed a killer a long time ago whose connection ruined the match for me and, salty as I was, I just took my leave bc I can't expect a guy in Venezuela to have a low ping in NA servers. He is the one that has to deal with that issue daily, not me.

    Just as a comment on your last point, because I think the rest is more of a personal opinion and we can agree to agree/disagree.

    Tbh why should we show empathy to people with bad internet connection or similar when they don't seem to show any for the ones they are playing with?

    In case of dbd this has either negative impact as the killer in getting unfair hits or as survivor in giving an inherit disadvantage to your team by not being able to perform on the same level and doing so knowingly from the getgo. The latter is also true for practically all team based multiplayer (pvp) games, they know they will be a burden for their team but set their own (impaired) enjoyment before others. I wouldn't care if they did it in free for all games but playing team based game knowing that either their connection or rig can't handle it is also unfair to all other players they get involved with since they negatively influence the gameplay.

    I see it similar to starting a trial while knowing that you have an appointment so that they would need to quit halfway into a match and leaving the team by themselves. In doing so they show that they don't care how they might screw over their teammates and also lower the experience for the opposing team (given they also want to play a fair and exciting game instead of been given an advantageous win). I simply can't really show empathy to such people when they don't seem to care about anyone they negatively impact by wanting something against better knowledge.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011488#Comment_2011488

    Alright buddy, whatever you say.

    Seeing as you keep ignoring my points, evidently there's no point continuing this discussion.

    Have a good day.

    Lol just play better when Spirits only true counter play is taken away 4head

  • @killz4fun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011476#Comment_2011476

    @Superyoshiegg all that would be avoided.. IF YOU GET BETTER..

    Not all spirit users are good, so unless you are below mediocre you still have good chance to have fun..

    But then again.. you are a quitter run..

    Keep running it's not fun to play weak survivors anyway..

    Getting better only makes sense when it comes to an actual skill that will help you in an actual life. Like mastering another language or learning a new excercise to stay healthy. In a game, you don't "get better", you're moving towards being a useless member of society. So I applaud to people who value their time and know when it's okay to look for another match.

  • Whether or not I kill myself on hook depends on how the match is going. It will usually be if my teammates are braindead and crouching in the corner or if I get tunneled off hook. I generally don't run DS, but even when I do and I find anyone is making my game a generally miserable experience I nope out with the depip. I don't however have a killer I religiously give up against. Even if I don't escape I can have fun, that said I definitely have my black list of killers I hate playing against.

    Giving up is partly a game design thing. Some killers are just incredibly unfun like any Spirit with ears, or encourage unfun playstyles like hardcore tunneler Pyramid Heads. Outside of those occasions which I would say I run into once every 10 games, it's my team that makes me want uninstall the game, which is something no dev can do anything about. It's going to be part of DBD and every multiplayer game, so the best we can do is make the best of what we've got.

  • Yeah, survivors are the worst. Run Appraisal, Plunder, kindred, and Live forever. Score a few unhooked. Try for gens. But if it comes down to it, grab a key and bail.

  • why are you responding with such a stupid comment. Lacking critical thought processes is popular I see. Refer to the comments I made to someone else on how I framed my post before trying to be snarky

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2010348#Comment_2010348

    when a survivor dcs, it ruins the match for 4 people, and a bunch of time is now wasted thanks to the loading time and the rest of the match.

    when a killer lobby dodges, the survivors wait an extra 10 seconds for another killer to show up.

    these are not even remotely comparable

    So a killer avoiding survivors because they don't want to go against certain items or they think they are a team etc is not comparable to a survivor not wanting to go against a certain killer..... interesting 🤔

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2010570#Comment_2010570

    So a killer avoiding survivors because they don't want to go against certain items or they think they are a team etc is not comparable to a survivor not wanting to go against a certain killer..... interesting 🤔

    yes. because they happen at different times and have diferent consequences

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011602#Comment_2011602

    yes. because they happen at different times and have diferent consequences

    Gotta be honest sounds a bit one sided that it's okay for one side to avoid what they don't like but not okay for the other to do the same.

  • @saltmineinaction said:

    I see it all the time in my teams, especially against the Nightmare, Michael or Ghostface and Wraith. Or they simply disconnect when they are downed as first or suicide on hook.

    It not only is annoying as killer to get a dc/suicide but also the team is left with 1 player (or worse more) that just leave. Then try to fix 5 gens and stay alive.

    I find that actions like that need to be punished more

    you can get temp banned for doing it, as long as you record it as evidence and send it to dbd through their report system on their website. If you report the player as well for Unsportsmanlike, then they'll usually do something about it.

    I actually tested this theory by doing the same thing on a smurf account, reported it and it got a temp ban without telling me about it. So this is proof that BHVR do deal with these things.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011651#Comment_2011651

    Gotta be honest sounds a bit one sided that it's okay for one side to avoid what they don't like but not okay for the other to do the same.

    because of the consequences.

    killer lobby dodges = extra 10 seconds of waiting for the survivors

    survivor dc = match ruined for 4 people + a bunch of time wasted.


    these 2 are not comparable and you should really stop trying to equate them

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011657#Comment_2011657

    because of the consequences.

    killer lobby dodges = extra 10 seconds of waiting for the survivors

    survivor dc = match ruined for 4 people + a bunch of time wasted.

    these 2 are not comparable and you should really stop trying to equate them

    But they're both refusing to play against the other side for the same reasons so either both aren't okay or both are okay. You can't have it both ways.

  • If you can't show enough courtesy to your fellow gamer by sticking it out for the team even if you don't like the match, you have no business in multiplayer games... PERIOD

    In fact, do everybody in DBD a favor and leave - uninstall the game, never come back. I'd rather have a smaller pool of players than bunch of teammates that punk out when they get the tiniest bit of challenge.

    Go find a game that suits you better.

  • @IronWill said:

    Ok so let me get this straight: survivors suiciding or giving up against certain killers is bad but killers lobby dodging for whatever reason isn't?

    Completely different circumstances that you're comparing. Plus, as a killer, do you really want to go against a SWF or one of the survivors bringing a key in?

    You can't blame killers for not wanting to fight against OP things.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    As a hybrid player I've been in both sides and noticed that if a killer or their build is unlikeable then survivors will simply not play. Either dc, afking, griefing or killing themselves on hook, it's kinda bizzare. But no one really comments on that because you simply kill them and get easy bloodpoints. If I play Hag, odds are that I'll have a normal game. If I use rusty shackles because I wanna try a funny build like ultimate totem protector hag, then I won't manage to get it to work since most teams will simply give up. If I play pig I'll have a normal gamez but if I switch to spirit or deathslinger for a daily, then I'll get faced with 4 dcs.

    But, again, I don't see anyone commenting on it. I can kinda see why someone wouldn't enjoy versing a forever Freddy, but actively giving up results in the other 4 players having a boring game.

    But that's simply, my opinion

    It gets killers they don't like nerfed. It's as simple as that.

  • @Anniehere said:

    Freddy is the only killer that makes me click on Leave match with all my might. but I'm staying and suffering for the points.

    The play style is so exhausting and frustrating and that's not fun. no matter who plays him.

    I can understand players giving up the game so quickly because probably something specific is boring / annoying. Or they think there is no chance of escaping.

    What is wrong with a challenge now and then?

  • I agree completely. I been repeating that the game new new mechanics, honestly I quit playing this game bc is gets boring waiting 10minutes and doing gens over and over again.

    @tt_ivi_99 said:

    Who cares? People are still gonna do It, you cant force them to play something they dont like.

    I kill myself everytime I see a Leatherface camping me. Why should I have to stand there for 2 mins straight doing nothing? Because if I suicide It takes the fun out of other people's experience? ######### that, what about my fun? Im getting camped for 2 mins so... I'll just kill myself and move on.

    If you want people to not kill themselves then fix the mechanics that make games boring, like gens, camping and tunneling, certain perks, certain killers...

    Dont blame It on the player, blame It on the game.

    Edit: Grammar fixes.


  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    As a hybrid player I've been in both sides and noticed that if a killer or their build is unlikeable then survivors will simply not play. Either dc, afking, griefing or killing themselves on hook, it's kinda bizzare. But no one really comments on that because you simply kill them and get easy bloodpoints. If I play Hag, odds are that I'll have a normal game. If I use rusty shackles because I wanna try a funny build like ultimate totem protector hag, then I won't manage to get it to work since most teams will simply give up. If I play pig I'll have a normal gamez but if I switch to spirit or deathslinger for a daily, then I'll get faced with 4 dcs.

    But, again, I don't see anyone commenting on it. I can kinda see why someone wouldn't enjoy versing a forever Freddy, but actively giving up results in the other 4 players having a boring game.

    But that's simply, my opinion

    They're doing it to inflate the kill ratio which will lead to a nerf. That's why Freddy is on the chopping block... AGAIN!

  • @Killing_Time said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/233792/people-refusing-to-play-the-game-against-certain-killers

    They're doing it to inflate the kill ratio which will lead to a nerf. That's why Freddy is on the chopping block... AGAIN!

    Bingo. And the Devs only look at stats and not context.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2012224#Comment_2012224

    Bingo. And the Devs only look at stats and not context.

    I have to correct you. They only look at stats in terms of NERFING KILLERS IN THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF PLAY. Stats and context matters when low level Survivors are BUFFED which is turn makes survivors even more frustrating to deal with in the highest level of play.


    This is the reason 4 perfect Survivors WITH NO PERKS will easily stop EVERY KILLER IN THE GAME EXCEPT THE LEGENDARY GOD NURSE.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2010372#Comment_2010372

    Just as a comment on your last point, because I think the rest is more of a personal opinion and we can agree to agree/disagree.

    Tbh why should we show empathy to people with bad internet connection or similar when they don't seem to show any for the ones they are playing with?

    In case of dbd this has either negative impact as the killer in getting unfair hits or as survivor in giving an inherit disadvantage to your team by not being able to perform on the same level and doing so knowingly from the getgo. The latter is also true for practically all team based multiplayer (pvp) games, they know they will be a burden for their team but set their own (impaired) enjoyment before others. I wouldn't care if they did it in free for all games but playing team based game knowing that either their connection or rig can't handle it is also unfair to all other players they get involved with since they negatively influence the gameplay.

    I see it similar to starting a trial while knowing that you have an appointment so that they would need to quit halfway into a match and leaving the team by themselves. In doing so they show that they don't care how they might screw over their teammates and also lower the experience for the opposing team (given they also want to play a fair and exciting game instead of been given an advantageous win). I simply can't really show empathy to such people when they don't seem to care about anyone they negatively impact by wanting something against better knowledge.

    Dude, sometimes my internet is really awful and sometimes it's good. The company doesn't care enough to fix it, so what am I supposed to do? Not play multiplayer games?

    When I enter a trial it's a gamble. 95% of the time my internet is ok, so you're gonna punish me for the 5%?

  • @ttvbardberd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2010176#Comment_2010176

    you can get temp banned for doing it, as long as you record it as evidence and send it to dbd through their report system on their website. If you report the player as well for Unsportsmanlike, then they'll usually do something about it.

    I actually tested this theory by doing the same thing on a smurf account, reported it and it got a temp ban without telling me about it. So this is proof that BHVR do deal with these things.

    Kinda brave to do that, I respect that

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2012050#Comment_2012050

    But they're both refusing to play against the other side for the same reasons so either both aren't okay or both are okay. You can't have it both ways.

    In my opinion it's completely different. In one case, the player dodges before the game starts, while in the other scenario, the survivor gives up immediately and forces a 3v1 situation. The context is kind of the same, but the consequences differ. On one hand, the survivor team is now forced to play a 3v1 game which will probably result in a 4k or 3k +hatch escape. So one survivor forces 3 people to have a miserable experience for 5-10 minutes.

    On the other hand, if a killer dodges the lobby, he forces the survivor team to wait..... another 10 seconds. The difference is huge, even tho theoretically the same thing happens, in both situations the player is refused to play the game.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011520#Comment_2011520

    Dude, sometimes my internet is really awful and sometimes it's good. The company doesn't care enough to fix it, so what am I supposed to do? Not play multiplayer games?

    When I enter a trial it's a gamble. 95% of the time my internet is ok, so you're gonna punish me for the 5%?

    To be honest....yes. the internet in my parents place also had hiccups pretty often and when I knew that it was one of those days guess what, I DIDN'T PLAY ONLINE GAMES and simply switched to Singleplayer or read a book or played with my gameboy or watched tv. But I had enough sense of responsibility towards my friends and the other players to not ruin their rounds by having a lagfest and not getting ######### done, also it wasn't fun for me either. Now in my own place I have 99% good internet but it still blacks out once in a blue moon and I take it in stride and simply don't play.

    When the internet completely blacks out it forces you aways from online multiplayer and lies out of your control but when you only have a rough evening of bad connection and you are aware of that, then it is in your responsibility to be mature enough to think about what your are going to do to others people's fun by being a lagging and/or disconnecting burden (also lagging games aren't really fun or are they?).

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2012249#Comment_2012249

    To be honest....yes. the internet in my parents place also had hiccups pretty often and when I knew that it was one of those days guess what, I DIDN'T PLAY ONLINE GAMES and simply switched to Singleplayer or read a book or played with my gameboy or watched tv. But I had enough sense of responsibility towards my friends and the other players to not ruin their rounds by having a lagfest and not getting ######### done, also it wasn't fun for me either. Now in my own place I have 99% good internet but it still blacks out once in a blue moon and I take it in stride and simply don't play.

    When the internet completely blacks out it forces you aways from online multiplayer and lies out of your control but when you only have a rough evening of bad connection and you are aware of that, then it is in your responsibility to be mature enough to think about what your are going to do to others people's fun by being a lagging and/or disconnecting burden (also lagging games aren't really fun or are they?).

    The actual #########? So you believe that I shouldn't play online games because 5% of the time my internet will ######### up? Everyone should be able to play with any amounts of bad connection. So, because people are poorer and can't afford good internet, or can afford but their internet companies don't give the exact amount of mbs that a family or person is paying then they should be punished for that? Are you serious?!

    I won't stop playing online games for this 5%, and you know why? Because online videogames ARE FUN and I've already completed most of my single player games, and most importantly because I dislike single player games besides from celeste, undertale and pokemon.

    People shouldn't be punished for having bad internet. They're just trying to have fun. Online games shouldn't simply be "for the rich only!"

1 2 3 4