People refusing to play the game against certain killers

As a hybrid player I've been in both sides and noticed that if a killer or their build is unlikeable then survivors will simply not play. Either dc, afking, griefing or killing themselves on hook, it's kinda bizzare. But no one really comments on that because you simply kill them and get easy bloodpoints. If I play Hag, odds are that I'll have a normal game. If I use rusty shackles because I wanna try a funny build like ultimate totem protector hag, then I won't manage to get it to work since most teams will simply give up. If I play pig I'll have a normal gamez but if I switch to spirit or deathslinger for a daily, then I'll get faced with 4 dcs.

But, again, I don't see anyone commenting on it. I can kinda see why someone wouldn't enjoy versing a forever Freddy, but actively giving up results in the other 4 players having a boring game.

But that's simply, my opinion

Comments

  • I ALWAYS report AFKers, Suiciders, DCs/RQs, whether I'm a Survivor or Killer! ๐Ÿค“

  • @Seraphor said:

    Yeah I don't understand it.

    Killers get decent BP anyway and get instant queues.

    Survivors have to work for their BP and have 10-15 minute queues, and you're playing as part of a team.

    It doesn't make any sense to me to throw a game as a survivor.

    I can't stand it when one of my team mates kills themselves on hook. I recently had a match against the Clown in Lerys. I got hooked in the basement within the first 60 seconds, my SWF buddy came down to rescue me, meanwhile the other two randoms got hooked on opposite sides of the map. I was being healed in the basement as the Clown was clearly patrolling upstairs, so it didn't look good, but once healed I got a chance and pegged it for the closest survivor while buddy went for the other one. We each got there... just as they let themselves die.

    We then proceeded to run rings around the Clown for a good 10 minutes and even got 2 gens done. We could have won if they hadn't sacrificed themselves.

    I've seen this so many times...But with 1 player who ("accidently"?) kills self right before I could unhook!! ๐Ÿคจ

  • @DawnMad said:

    I haven't seen a survivor grief/afk because they don't like the killer in months, but I see people kill themselves daily. You can't do much about it as the killer, I usually give the last survivor hatch in those situations so at least they don't depip.

    I sometimes let the remaining 3 live if it look bad for them and they are not skilled. I simply farm them and don't hook for final time but I leave them on the ground and chase the others. And allow them to finish the generators. If they are skilled players, I kill all but bring the last one to the hatch!

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    The only time I will do this is against a Spirit running Stridor. I simply don't find her fun or balanced, so I refuse to participate in that match.

    There's no interactivity in that match. As soon as you get injured, the chase is over. Might as well give you a Deep Wound timer that doesn't pause while running, because there's no way to avoid even a mediocre Spirit player who has good hearing.

    I'd rather face a 5000 hour Nurse main who hasn't left their computer chair in three weeks. At least those players have to have a modicum of skill and game knowledge to play her well.

    Even in a match where the Spirit player is bad and all the Survivors escape, that match still wasn't fun anyway. I don't get anything out of it except minimal Bloodpoints and most likely a safety pip because the Killer played poorly enough that you'll get barely any Benevolent and Evader points.

    Boooh!!! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘Ž

    I bet you RQ/RC with ANY killer that has Stridor!!

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    Who cares? People are still gonna do It, you cant force them to play something they dont like.

    I kill myself everytime I see a Leatherface camping me. Why should I have to stand there for 2 mins straight doing nothing? Because if I suicide It takes the fun out of other people's experience? ######### that, what about my fun? Im getting camped for 2 mins so... I'll just kill myself and move on.

    If you want people to not kill themselves then fix the mechanics that make games boring, like gens, camping and tunneling, certain perks, certain killers...

    Dont blame It on the player, blame It on the game.

    Edit: Grammar fixes.

    #FACTS ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2010176#Comment_2010176

    Freddy, I can understand. Maybe even Ghostface.

    But why on earth would your teammates kill themselves against Michael or Wraith?

    Why even play the game in the first place, if they they hate a couple of killers??

  • @Kebek said:

    That's why we have DC penalty, evenutally people who quit won't be able to play. Hook suicides evade that but hook stages overall need rework so hopefully it will be adressed then.

    It would be even better if MM was designed so that people who quit often get paired with other quitters, that way they can enjoy each other without ruining games for people who don't quit.

    Hahaha! They can "enjoy" ...AND...annoy each other if they still DC/RQ even after being paired with equal-minded players!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @tomas11403 said:

    I find it so funny when people talk about how much they hate nurse/spirit every time they face them. These people just hear that these killers are OP, and kind of just give up. Against average red rank survivors, these killers are OP in the hands of a good killer. However, most players playing these killers aren't that good, and are incredibly predictable and easy to bait. People double back far too often vs nurse, and even more often vs spirit. My point being, people get mad at certain killers, when the people playing that killer aren't that good most of the time. I would never DC out of a game just because of a specific killer, but my least favorite killers to face are Twins, Deathslinger, and Hag (Hag is only for solo queue). None of these killers are even close to being OP, but they are so oppresive in certain ways that it's a problem. A Hag who knows what they're doing will decimate literally and solo q team, same goes for twins. The difference between the two is that twins have less counterplay, but Hag has stronger potential. Deathslinger is actually quite a weak killer, but he is so oppresive in the right hands that I just despise him. I would never DC out of a match because of it though, because I respect the other players in the game enough to not ruin their experiences.

    We need more honorable players like you!

    And, not only you respect other survivors by staying in the game, you also don't get *punished! (*longer wait for next match + de-pip!)

  • @kingcarl2012 said:

    The only one for me that i will instantly give up on is a decent huntress running iri head + infantry belt. I will try and play against iri head but that combo is borked.

    Aha! So, it was YOU who DCed on my first axe throw a few months ago! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I am very pleased to inform you that I have reported you after that match!! ๐Ÿ˜‹

  • @Tzeff_NL_YOUTUBE_0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2010327#Comment_2010327

    Aha! So, it was YOU who DCed on my first axe throw a few months ago! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I am very pleased to inform you that I have reported you after that match!! ๐Ÿ˜‹

    Maybe but you would have had to have thrown a second hatchet as well without reloading, while not leaving the area that i could see.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    As a hybrid player I've been in both sides and noticed that if a killer or their build is unlikeable then survivors will simply not play. Either dc, afking, griefing or killing themselves on hook, it's kinda bizzare. But no one really comments on that because you simply kill them and get easy bloodpoints. If I play Hag, odds are that I'll have a normal game. If I use rusty shackles because I wanna try a funny build like ultimate totem protector hag, then I won't manage to get it to work since most teams will simply give up. If I play pig I'll have a normal gamez but if I switch to spirit or deathslinger for a daily, then I'll get faced with 4 dcs.

    But, again, I don't see anyone commenting on it. I can kinda see why someone wouldn't enjoy versing a forever Freddy, but actively giving up results in the other 4 players having a boring game.

    But that's simply, my opinion

    Get up baby killer ran the survivors win your games for you

  • Most people would rather just afk / suicide than force theirself to play a game they won't have fun in. BP means nothing in a game where once you've grinded perks you want there's nothing left to progress on.

    IE - Spirit, Freddy, any killer that's camping them ensuring they die on their first hook (Notably Freddy, Spirit, Hag), etc.

  • Well i mean it's not the playerbases fault that so many things on killer side r just incredibly boring to vs.

  • I've had plenty of matches like that where survivors just gave up early in the game. I understand going against killers like spirit, freddy or maybe deathslinger can be frustrating. But for me I just deal with it and do the best I can. you're gonna have those good and bad games.

    I'm not ever gonna screw my teammates over that way because that ain't me I know better.

1 2 3 4 โ€บ