Please ban all survivors who play immersed

7 whole minutes into the game and I've only saw 1 survivor. After I hooked them, I left to check on gens and after a little bit I noticed they weren't even doing them. They just played immersed hiding just dragging the game out. Tinkerer didn't even set off once in the span of 17 minutes. It was 3 fengs and a claudette who all had the default clothes on. My god the match was so boring I just quit the match and went straight to doctor with whispers slapped on. Never fun playing against survivors who play immersed because 95% of the time they're bad in chase and drop pallets early.

Comments

  • Welcome to the world of carrying perks you'll rarely use but have to because of the few noobs. BBQ, monitor and abuse so you can get closer before they know to urban evasion around, iron maiden to catch them coming out of lockers etc etc.

    Just like survivors are told to carry perks to work against the very very few sluggers or BT or DS etc. Welcome to the world of Dbd already fixed it but now you've gotta choose which set of nonsense you're going to try to combat but probably will only matter once every 20 games. Dbd fixed full immersion by throwing birds on and slowly updating how those birds work against that survivor. Got birds? Can't head on a killer from a locker. Birds also bang until the folks move and you still have loud sound to find them. Gotta carry whispers every game in the event a few hide. Survivors are rewarded for never being caught, it's a whole medal area to not be found and not be hooked, game also gives more xp and shards for living longer in a match.

  • Ah yes, the mythical "Early 3 gen" otherwise known as "I can't go over there man, the killer is scary!" When 4 healthy survivors spend an entire match allowing 1 person to control half the map, and complain about it later.

    Potato ranks is real life guys.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004672#Comment_2004672

    If they are really hard 3 genned, isnt it better for a time limit to end the game so the survivors can move on? They won't win, why drag it out?

    Maybe tie it to the number of gens done. 5 up? 5 minute limit. 1 gen left to do? 20 minutes. Each time a gen finishes it resets the timer.

    I have to disagree with the they won't win i have done it several times with just 2 survivors alive . Took a while be we got it done

  • @Da_tater said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004679#Comment_2004679

    I have to disagree with the they won't win i have done it several times with just 2 survivors alive . Took a while be we got it done

    You should tell that to the guy above me who seems to believe it an unbeatable strategy :p

    Seriously though, that's why I suggested 20 minutes. I don't want to end the game right away, 20 minutes is longer than most matches last in total, so it should be more than enough for 2-4 survivors to get on the same page even without comms and get a single gen done. If they can't, I just don't see them doing it in 25, 30 or 45 minutes either.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007985#Comment_2007985

    You should tell that to the guy above me who seems to believe it an unbeatable strategy :p

    Seriously though, that's why I suggested 20 minutes. I don't want to end the game right away, 20 minutes is longer than most matches last in total, so it should be more than enough for 2-4 survivors to get on the same page even without comms and get a single gen done. If they can't, I just don't see them doing it in 25, 30 or 45 minutes either.

    I dont believe there should be a time limit but a survivor should be punished for not being in a chase or at least touching a gen. After a 2/3 minutes if noting else by giving them 4 crows .

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006108#Comment_2006108

    "Every word of this is 100% fact. Particularly the part about how it is Survivors that cause the terrible 3 gen scenario, not Killers. All you have to do is leave one generator way out in the corner alone and you are golden"

    If you actually read what I said, you would know im not talking about the typical 3 gen, Im talking ABOUT a early 3 gen where the killer at the start of the game goes to the closest 3 gen and wouldn't move from them. This is counterable, but if we add the ######### guy with a blight pfp idea then that killer would just stay there for 20 minutes ignoring survivors or anything that happens to the game.

    Pressing W and going for Gen A to gen B (basically a loop that the killer will repeat for 17-15 minutes?)

    What's the counter there? Should we reward the killer with kills for doing nothing? Use your brain a little bit, and think about all the horrible situations that could happen if we add this.

    If anything just add a button in the basement, if survivor dont repair gens for 5 minutes, the killer can press it and activate the EGC, that's way BETTER. At that point you just want the game to end, dont you?

    "Oh but survivors are getting reward for playing stealthy and doing nothing"

    You're not forced to press that button, you can still look for them.

    I actually like that suggestion

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007927#Comment_2007927

    You're either trolling, or you dont know how to speak/understand english, you're selective hearing or you're just completely ignorant.

    No one is complaining about the current 3 gen, me and some people are complaining about your horrible 20 minutes idea and how bad would it be for the game

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/H3GLG82P0N38/sin-t-c3-adtulo.png

    Do you understand that, or is your brain way too small for that?

    Again, insults. Yet I'm the troll. Me, the guy being insulted.

    Where are the other 3 survivors? If these are the last 3 gens left, they should definitely be around, unless they just want to lose.

    The strat is simple. Using your illustration you try to keep 2 survivors on 1 and 2 on 2, assuming 4 alive, which is what you stated was the case earlier. Will someone get hooked? Absolutely, and that time the killer takes to pick up and carry that survivor should be used rushing the gens (the survivor that wasn't hooked on his 2 man squad needs to decide if their gen is close enough to complete solo, or whether they should move to the other team, there are too many variables to do the same thing each time)

    it takes 60 seconds to go from stage 1 to 2 on the hook, that's plenty of time to finish up, if the killer comes back before the gen is done, do what you can to keep working and tapping the gen, even if you're just popping in. It's 1 person, there should be at least 2 of you, he can only realistically focus on one at a time. You can switch it up to, maybe have someone go tap gen 3 to keep his attention, or if it's hag trigger traps around 3 and run, you'll get downed, but that's what you do on a team game, you take one for the team and hope they get the rescue.

    If the killer refuses outright to commit to a chase, spread up and keep pressure on all 3 gens. Again, 4 survivors, 1 killer. Sooner or later they'll have to chase one of you, and then you've got it.

    Will this work 100% of the time? No. Nothing does. But if you get killed you'll know you didn't go down because the killer was "doing nothing" he just kept a better defense than your offense. Patrolling gens and keeping survivors off of them isn't "doing nothing" it's literally playing the objective.

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008044#Comment_2008044

    Did you read the part where I said the killer doesn't care about the survivors, tell me, how will he hook someone..? (So basically all what u said got debunked, this would work with the current 3 gen strat, but if we add the 20 minutes....)

    And drop the victim card already, you said im talking crap.

    Still dont know why you dont like the idea of the button in the basement, it's sad that survivor play like this, but it is the killers fault for not being able to find them. period

    Gens take 44 seconds to complete with 2 survivors.

    You also seem to have missed this paragraph

    If the killer refuses outright to commit to a chase, spread up and keep pressure on all 3 gens. Again, 4 survivors, 1 killer. Sooner or later they'll have to chase one of you, and then you've got it.

    If they don't? One of the gens will get done, and still well within 20 minutes.

    Yes, after the second time you insulted my intelligence I called something you wrote crap.


    Why don't I like the button? I don't like the idea that the killer should basically do the objective for the survivor team because they are unable to. That's the opposite of the way the game is played and makes no sense within the lore either.

  • The better question is how do you ban players for this? Like, a lot of people find immersion very irritating as killer but the game offers very little in terms of chase tutorials so it's unfortunately the experience of a lot of players that they have to play immersed to survive. A lot of players just aren't comfortable being chased, because they really don't know what to do. The better question is how can the game encourage survivors that are new to the game to be less immersed, not outright ban them for a playstyle that you find irritating. Yes, technically it could be considered "holding the game hostage" but you have to consider intent in these situations. They're babies and honestly they're just scared.

  • @SilentHillOnDvD said:

    7 whole minutes into the game and I've only saw 1 survivor. After I hooked them, I left to check on gens and after a little bit I noticed they weren't even doing them. They just played immersed hiding just dragging the game out. Tinkerer didn't even set off once in the span of 17 minutes. It was 3 fengs and a claudette who all had the default clothes on. My god the match was so boring I just quit the match and went straight to doctor with whispers slapped on. Never fun playing against survivors who play immersed because 95% of the time they're bad in chase and drop pallets early.

    I have to agree with people like that slow the game down unfairly and I play as a survivor only


  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005674#Comment_2005674

    Really? If that’s what you’re doing then stop it. There is nothing illegal about doing nothing and then wait for the hatch. It may be a newbie strategy but it’s still one that I use from time to time when paired up with idiots that don’t know how to avoid BBQ or go for unsafe hooks (for starters). It may not be a strategy you approve of, but it isn’t against the rules. Stop abusing the report function.

    The Unsportsmanlike field says "purposely losing the game, not participating in or disconnecting from the game early to avoid defeat." The samples I reported are people that hide and wait for people to die from the start of the game. If you realize your team is a clownshow and you have to salvage the situation, then that's a different story.

    I'll just keep reporting these scumbags, and let them sort it out. Most of these reports get ignored anyway, the developers are just as toxic as the playerbase.

  • @GriffinsMarkGaming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007330#Comment_2007330

    "If it worked that easily, people would just do it now with NO time limit." People already do this! as for you saying that forever doc being "False", the only difference would be it being called FOREVER. Doc. He'd still be impossible to beat. THIS IS WOULD MAKE IT A LOT WORSE WITH A TIME LIMIT. I'm starting to believe you're either trolling or are so too blind to realize just how broken this would be!


    One more time, hopefully you get it this time:


    Forever Doc with 20 minute time limit = bad


    Forever Doc with INFINITE TIME = horrible.


    I don't know how much more I can break this down for you.

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006108#Comment_2006108

    "Every word of this is 100% fact. Particularly the part about how it is Survivors that cause the terrible 3 gen scenario, not Killers. All you have to do is leave one generator way out in the corner alone and you are golden"

    If you actually read what I said, you would know im not talking about the typical 3 gen, Im talking ABOUT a early 3 gen where the killer at the start of the game goes to the closest 3 gen and wouldn't move from them. This is counterable, but if we add the ######### guy with a blight pfp idea then that killer would just stay there for 20 minutes ignoring survivors or anything that happens to the game.

    Pressing W and going for Gen A to gen B (basically a loop that the killer will repeat for 17-15 minutes?)

    What's the counter there? Should we reward the killer with kills for doing nothing? Use your brain a little bit, and think about all the horrible situations that could happen if we add this.

    If anything just add a button in the basement, if survivor dont repair gens for 5 minutes, the killer can press it and activate the EGC, that's way BETTER. At that point you just want the game to end, dont you?

    "Oh but survivors are getting reward for playing stealthy and doing nothing"

    You're not forced to press that button, you can still look for them.


    Still not buying it. Survivors get out of the 3 gen scenario all the time. If in this example you give a Killer is really not doing chases, then the Survivors can literally take turns surrounding the 3 gens and doing 5-10 second gen tapping before vanishing back into the bushes. Killer loses in this scenario.

  • Have a time limit of how long you can stay in the closet. After say one minute, you're kicked out into the open. Simple fix.

  • Allow a non-penalty DC after a certain amount of time has passed for both killers and survivors. You get the points you have earned and move on.

  • Even if these guys were doing it on purpose, how do you know they weren't just scared? Or even just bad at the game? Seriously ban them for that?

  • @chadbeastofprey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004661#Comment_2004661

    that's a horrible idea. killers could force a 3-gen, hard camp it, and then just win by timing out.

    playing against immersed survivors isn't fun but there isn't a simple fix.

    The hard limit doesn't have to persay kill all survivors like egc? What if gates auto powered at 20 mins for example but all survivors get exposed? Their are plenty of creative ways to go about this.

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008143#Comment_2008143

    Yeah and? It takes less than 10 seconds to go to the next gen (That if we're talking about a low mobility killer cause on high mobility killer.. we all know)

    And working with 2 people isn't that effective.

    You contradict yourself "sooner or later they will chase you" I said he refuses to. And that doesn't really work cause the killer will just kick the gen or hit you, if you try to repair it again he will down you and probably slug you. AND that only works on SWF cause solos dont have communication.

    And even if that work the gen progress will be really slow cause you have to move or the killer will grab you.

    You dont like the button for that reason?

    I'll apply the same logic with ur idea: I dont like the timer cause it is the killer job to look for survivors, killers shouldn't get free kills because of the killer not being able to find them (probably a skill issue)

    And lore isn't over balance, balance is always first.

    Even the loading screen says that you're supposed to look for survivors. If you're not able to look for them and want to leave the game, then press the button. As you said: At that point, you just want to end the game, dont you?

    Point and buttdance

    You've got all the communication you need.

    And again, as I said, if he doesn't, it'll take less than 20 minutes to get a single gen up, if he's not hooking he can't use pgtw, so he's down to the basic kick which does nothing if you tap the gen in time. Fix the gen, back up when you see him coming, return while he's on the way to the next. Keep the pressure on, use his desire to stick to a strict patrol against him by making it more stressful for him to do so. Again, basic strategy. It's the same as usual 3 gen, because that never takes 20 minutes and so doesn't need to be adjusted for that time limit.


    And actually, personally I don't care if survivors want to examine the shrubbery while I'm playing killer. I main doc, all they are doing is confirming they can't loop and will be an easy chase when I get them to scream for me. I do find it very odd that there is no time limit. F13 has one, as well as every single multiplayer pvp game I've ever played except this one. I more want the timer for when I'm on a survivor team that is full of people who give up on a 3 gen, so I can move on to the next match.

  • Perhaps this could be solved through a new killer perk? Like a perk that makes it so if a gen isn't done within a certain amount of time (let's say 5 minutes) then they get to see either the nearest survivor or all the survivors for a time. Therefore the killer can stop them from doing this and it can also encourage the killer from wanting to closely guard the last three gens. I know if I knew where the survivors were, I'd rather chase them than play defense so much.

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008239#Comment_2008239

    Not my problem, the idea is there. If you can't look for survivors then it is your problem.

    If he's looking for survivors then he's not tightly patrolling that three gen, now is he?


    Pick a lane with your argument.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004661#Comment_2004661

    No. You didn't earn those kills you should not be handed them.

    I think I earned a kill when I down a survivor FIVE times and only have two hooks after a BT, DS and wiggle free from of body blocking. Are you one of the survivors who wonder why killers run NOED?

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008539#Comment_2008539

    Oh yes solo's have a lot of communication, that's exactly the reason why (maybe?) 70% of the survivor forum complain are about why solo experience is so bad, even ayrun (a top tier survivor) says it takes him 1 day to get those good games as a solo survivor, cause it is a horrible experience 90% of the times, but fine.

    And I didn't include perks, why did you?

    How do you pressure a killer which doesn't care what you do, unless you touch their gen...? Theres 2 options:

    A. Get grabbed

    B. Move and let the killer kick the gen (probably with overcharge)

    Now if you want to have a chance to at least get the killer attention, you have to be on a SWF, or you're gonna get killed in 17? minutes.

    And you taking "others game" like F13 as a example of game that have time limit is really bold of you, I think we already know DBD is really different from F13 (DBD has a lot of perks, different balance, is a 4v1 etc etc...)

    And you didn't answer me this:

    You dont like the button for that reason?

    I'll apply the same logic with ur idea: I dont like the timer cause it is the killer job to look for survivors, killers shouldn't get free kills because of the killer not being able to find them (probably a skill issue)

    And lore isn't over balance, balance is always first.

    Even the loading screen says that you're supposed to look for survivors. If you're not able to look for them and want to leave the game, then press the button. As you said: At that point, you just want to end the game, dont you?

    I'll wait.

    You have lots of complaints on the forum because people like coming to multiplayer game forums to complain. Go ahead, find a forum for any multiplayer pvp game that isn't full of people complaining on all sides. If you are looking to the threads here to tell you what is happening with the general player base I feel you are giving these forums far too much credit.

    Your evidence is a loading screen message mentions looking for survivors, ok. The first thing the survivor tutorial teaches is how to do a gen. Why? Because the gens are the objectives. We aren't playing hide and seek here. (That would be, ironically enough, closer to F13) you look for survivors to make sure they aren't completing gens. You leave hooked survivors so their teammates will save them instead of doing gens, you kill people before the end game so they can't do gens. If there is a playstyle that keeps all 4 survivors from doing gens, guess what? That's the killers objective. Thats why every single killer can kick gens to revert progress.


    Short version? If the killer is keeping the survivors from completing their objective, he is winning the game. So no, I don't think it is appropriate for him to have to give up that win to progress. Balance-wise it makes no sense to punish the killer for effectively defending the objectives. The killer role is by nature defense.

  • @rglarson13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004669#Comment_2004669

    People are always quick to say that punishing people for playing a certain way is a bad idea.

    But what they really mean is "I want to hide in the bushes and play hide-and-seek."

    If it were truly "people can play however they want to play" then there wouldn't be any complaints about insidious basement Bubba, and perks like Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time, and Unbreakable wouldn't exist (or maybe they would, but nobody would complain about camping, tunneling, or slugging, because after all: you shouldn't punish people for playing a particular way).

    Well that's the dilemma that arises. Do you pushnish people for playing how they want to increase fun and decrease toxicity or do you want to keep freedom of playstyle but deal with these annoying but valid play styles.

    Where do you fall?

  • @BobaTedd said:

    Have a time limit of how long you can stay in the closet. After say one minute, you're kicked out into the open. Simple fix.

    That’s what crows are for. If the killer is going to ignore the closet with circling crows above it cawing like crazy then there is no helping him.

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008640#Comment_2008640

    I think a top tier legacy survivor saying that is enough.

    And this game is supposed to be played 2 ways: Loop or Hide (that's why we have stealth perk and anti stealth perks, mr)

    Short version?

    Survivors are doing a playstyle: Hiding, if you can't look for them, accept it: Press the button and end the game or keep lookin for them (if you're confident you're skilled enough)

    It makes no sense to punish survivor for effectively hiding against the killer (Which is a intended play style)

    See how your argument goes both ways?

    It really doesn't though. I'm not arguing against playing stealthy, be as sneaky as you want while you try to complete the objectives. Just, y'know actually try to complete the objectives.

    That's my whole argument. The entire game is based around powering 5 generators to open a gate (or hatch) and leave. Survivor teams have the offensive role, as they have to find and complete the objectives. Killers have the defensive role, as their job is to stop the objectives from being completed. It doesn't matter if the survivors sneak, run, leap, drop pallets willy-nilly, whatever they want. If they don't do the gens, they don't get to leave alive. It's really that simple. A timed match reinforces that concept. A give up button for the killer to press when he's doing too good just doesn't.

  • Being immersed and stealthy is fine.


    Remaining off generators and hiding when it's 2 survivors left, and just waiting for the killer to give up and DC after 45 minutes is not.


    I'm an immersed David Tapp who strives to get a silver/gold lightbringer. I rarely escape, I'm bad at looping, but I do take pride in the fact I am a gen jockey. I'm doing my part as long as I am physically able to. (I'd rather hide in the area next to the gen when the killer arrives if possible. Otherwise I'm on a generator or once I max out objective, I might switch to popping totems.)


    If you don't think you'll be able to finish the gens, search the chests and hope you get a key. If not, you have to attempt to progress generators in some way. (Or at least pop a totem or two, find the closed hatch, bring the other survivor to it, and let the killer kill you so the other survivor can grab hatch if you really, truly don't have ANY other options)


    If survivors decide to ignore the generators at that point and just hide in a corner crouchwalking around, it's a potential hostage situation if it goes on long enough and survivors are trying to waste the killer's time only.



    Anyways, ideally if a generator hasn't popped in the past 20 minutes (It's a pretty long time, but I think 20 minutes without a gen being popped is well past "Survivors are just taking their time" territory), the killer should be able to whack the exit gate switch to manually start a "Sudden Death" version of the EGC with a shorter timer, and maybe some kind of penalties for survivors such as (Not all of these, but some of them) having their locations blipped, the other exit gate remaining unpowered, survivors being exposed, aura reveal, etc.


    This would help fix hostage situations by giving the killer a way to force a match to end if survivors are ignoring gens and hiding for a prolonged period of time. The killer can decide to keep searching for them if he wants, or hit the exit switch to cause the match to end if survivors are actually wasting his time.

  • it pisses me off too, but theyll eventually overcome their fear and not ######### themselves when the killer finds them

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008710#Comment_2008710

    Ohhh boy, you contradict yourself in so many points.

    If the killer is doing "too good" then he should be able to find the survivor, isn't the killer doing "too good"? (Using your logic)

    "If they dont do their objective they die" They're hiding, and you say they're not doing their objective, why complaining then, if they're gonna die? (Using your logic?)

    And no, survivors are supposed to survive at all costs, and if they're hiding they're surviving. BUT in order to escape from the killer they have to repair the gens.

    So punishing survivors for surviving is a great idea to you? aka. doing their objective (Using your logic, again)

    If, as you claim, survivors are just meant to survive at all costs, then why isn't there a timer like f13, where If they survive long enough they win? The win condition is very clear, you arguing against it is amusing, but ultimately pointless.

  • @Toybasher said:

    Being immersed and stealthy is fine.

    Remaining off generators and hiding when it's 2 survivors left, and just waiting for the killer to give up and DC after 45 minutes is not.

    I'm an immersed David Tapp who strives to get a silver/gold lightbringer. I rarely escape, I'm bad at looping, but I do take pride in the fact I am a gen jockey. I'm doing my part as long as I am physically able to. (I'd rather hide in the area next to the gen when the killer arrives if possible. Otherwise I'm on a generator or once I max out objective, I might switch to popping totems.)

    If you don't think you'll be able to finish the gens, search the chests and hope you get a key. If not, you have to attempt to progress generators in some way. (Or at least pop a totem or two, find the closed hatch, bring the other survivor to it, and let the killer kill you so the other survivor can grab hatch if you really, truly don't have ANY other options)

    If survivors decide to ignore the generators at that point and just hide in a corner crouchwalking around, it's a potential hostage situation if it goes on long enough and survivors are trying to waste the killer's time only.

    Anyways, ideally if a generator hasn't popped in the past 20 minutes (It's a pretty long time, but I think 20 minutes without a gen being popped is well past "Survivors are just taking their time" territory), the killer should be able to whack the exit gate switch to manually start a "Sudden Death" version of the EGC with a shorter timer, and maybe some kind of penalties for survivors such as (Not all of these, but some of them) having their locations blipped, the other exit gate remaining unpowered, survivors being exposed, aura reveal, etc.

    This would help fix hostage situations by giving the killer a way to force a match to end if survivors are ignoring gens and hiding for a prolonged period of time. The killer can decide to keep searching for them if he wants, or hit the exit switch to cause the match to end if survivors are actually wasting his time.

    I like this idea. If it confers something similar to NOED it wouldn't feel so much like the killer doing the objective for the survivors because they couldn't, and more like an organic evolution of game flow.

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008586#Comment_2008586

    Im talking about the current patch, not if we add the 20 minutes idea (Hell, why tf do you assume like if it's already in the game) and if you have eyes you can see that I said several times im fine with the current 3 gen strat.

    Learn 2 read, and learn how to look for survivors, not everything should be handed to you on a silver platter.

    There is nothing silver platter about a game that has been drawn out over 20 minutes.

  • @ProfGameAndTalk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004845#Comment_2004845

    I think I earned a kill when I down a survivor FIVE times and only have two hooks after a BT, DS and wiggle free from of body blocking. Are you one of the survivors who wonder why killers run NOED?

    I'm the survivor who gets rid of all the totems so they don't deal with Noed.

  • Well, i had a similar game today, where i was the only one on a gen. The others run around the map the whole time searching for the ruin totem. It was a killer with good gen pressure, so getting rid of ruin was a good idea, but noone seemed to find it.

    I was doing gens, but whenether the killer came i hid, and got back to the gen. I like the game as a hide-and-seek instead of a game of catch.

    But tell me, did you run ruin?

  • @jester20k said:

    What ranks were they? Sounds like new kids

    I don't think is related to new kids..

    I've bumped into a few that play as friends and just hide..

    After I while into the game I just texted them "just finish the gens and go"

    And both texted back " come and find us"..

    They would be in lockers in a way that when you get one the other one would open and hit you.. it worked the first time..

    They where actually good loopers.. unfortunately for them I was better killer..

    Facecamped the first, closed the Hatch and killed the 2nd one..

    I must say that I enjoyed killing them and their salty msgs afterwards..

  • @SilentHillOnDvD said:

    7 whole minutes into the game and I've only saw 1 survivor. After I hooked them, I left to check on gens and after a little bit I noticed they weren't even doing them. They just played immersed hiding just dragging the game out. Tinkerer didn't even set off once in the span of 17 minutes. It was 3 fengs and a claudette who all had the default clothes on. My god the match was so boring I just quit the match and went straight to doctor with whispers slapped on. Never fun playing against survivors who play immersed because 95% of the time they're bad in chase and drop pallets early.

    I've bumped into a few that play as friends and just hide..

    After I while into the game I just texted them "just finish the gens and go"

    And both texted back " come and find us"..

    They would be in lockers in a way that when you get one the other one would open and hit you.. it worked the first time..

    They where actually good loopers.. unfortunately for them I was better killer..

    Facecamped the first, closed the Hatch and killed the 2nd one..

    I must say that I enjoyed killing them and their salty msgs afterwards..

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008777#Comment_2008777

    If, as you claim, survivors are just meant to survive at all costs, then why isn't there a timer like f13, where If they survive long enough they win? The win condition is very clear, you arguing against it is amusing, but ultimately pointless.

    You keep arguing for a 20 minute time limit where the Survivor's just die and anything else is unacceptable because it's their fault.

    That's stupid.

    If a time limit were to be implemented the goal would be to end the game, not favor one side or the other.

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2008847#Comment_2008847

    You keep arguing for a 20 minute time limit where the Survivor's just die and anything else is unacceptable because it's their fault.

    That's stupid.

    If a time limit were to be implemented the goal would be to end the game, not favor one side or the other.

    I didn't say anything else was unacceptable. If you look just to the top of this page in fact, you'll see me fully on board with an idea where the game essentially goes to an egc state.

    So you are starting with a false premise, but let's roll with it.

    If the survivors are unable to break the killer's defense and complete a gen in 20 minutes, why should they be rewarded? Honestly the big reason I don't want it to just end at the end of a time limit is it's just too anticlimactic.

    Pressure should be on the survivors to finish the gens and get out, in my opinion (which is all any of this is, despite how angry some may become) that is what makes playing survivor fun. I want a time limit in my survivor matches. I want to know I'm under the gun and need to pull out the win. I don't want the killer to basically do the last gen for me because my team couldn't hack it, that would be insulting.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009295#Comment_2009295

    I didn't say anything else was unacceptable. If you look just to the top of this page in fact, you'll see me fully on board with an idea where the game essentially goes to an egc state.

    So you are starting with a false premise, but let's roll with it.

    If the survivors are unable to break the killer's defense and complete a gen in 20 minutes, why should they be rewarded? Honestly the big reason I don't want it to just end at the end of a time limit is it's just too anticlimactic.

    Pressure should be on the survivors to finish the gens and get out, in my opinion (which is all any of this is, despite how angry some may become) that is what makes playing survivor fun. I want a time limit in my survivor matches. I want to know I'm under the gun and need to pull out the win. I don't want the killer to basically do the last gen for me because my team couldn't hack it, that would be insulting.

    If a Killer cannot find a Survivor in 20 minutes, why should they be rewarded?

    How would you feel if the Survivors just escaped after a 20 minute time limit?

    That would be completely unacceptable to you, correct?

    You've been advocating for a time limit solely benefiting one side this entire discussion and that will never happen.

  • @SilentHillOnDvD said:

    7 whole minutes into the game and I've only saw 1 survivor. After I hooked them, I left to check on gens and after a little bit I noticed they weren't even doing them. They just played immersed hiding just dragging the game out. Tinkerer didn't even set off once in the span of 17 minutes. It was 3 fengs and a claudette who all had the default clothes on. My god the match was so boring I just quit the match and went straight to doctor with whispers slapped on. Never fun playing against survivors who play immersed because 95% of the time they're bad in chase and drop pallets early.

    Would you agree to han campers?

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009316#Comment_2009316

    If a Killer cannot find a Survivor in 20 minutes, why should they be rewarded?

    How would you feel if the Survivors just escaped after a 20 minute time limit?

    That would be completely unacceptable to you, correct?

    You've been advocating for a time limit solely benefiting one side this entire discussion and that will never happen.

    Because their job is defense. The primary objective in the match are generators. Survivors goal is to fix them, killers role is to defend them. If the survivors can't get them fixed, they didn't beat the defense, the defense won. If I'm playing a game where I have to take down 5 towers to win, and I only get 4, I didn't win. It's that simple.

    Yeah, I would be against letting survivors go that don't finish the objective, see above for why, as I don't know how many ways I can explain the role difference.


    Any time limit that doesn't immediately result in the Survivors escaping will by virtue of the way the game is built at its core benefit the killer. Even if the game just ended the killer would have to get the greater share of the prize because again, he was able to successfully keep the survivors from finishing their objective for the entire match. So yes, time limits favor defense, the trick is making them long enough that it's not an unfair advantage. As the stated average match time according to the devs is 8 minutes, and the average match time according to reddit, these forums and my own research is around 10, 20 seems more than generous. Again, that's 20 minutes from the last repaired gen, not 20 minutes total, so you're getting over twice the length of an average match to work out how to finish a single generator.

  • @SilentHillOnDvD said:

    7 whole minutes into the game and I've only saw 1 survivor. After I hooked them, I left to check on gens and after a little bit I noticed they weren't even doing them. They just played immersed hiding just dragging the game out. Tinkerer didn't even set off once in the span of 17 minutes. It was 3 fengs and a claudette who all had the default clothes on. My god the match was so boring I just quit the match and went straight to doctor with whispers slapped on. Never fun playing against survivors who play immersed because 95% of the time they're bad in chase and drop pallets early.

    A ban is too harsh. I do think there should be punishment for not doing an objective for a certain amount of time. Like you start losing bloodpoints or something.

  • @Xornedge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005698#Comment_2005698

    10 minutes on a relatively long match. My average i 8-9 minutes. Past that you have maxed out the survival and hunter categories. But fine lets say the game is especially long so 14 minutes

    Just want to jump in and say I had a match as dr that lasted for 30 to 40 minutes before on the asylum because of people hiding. Got them in the end tho.

  • @leafninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005768#Comment_2005768

    Just want to jump in and say I had a match as dr that lasted for 30 to 40 minutes before on the asylum because of people hiding. Got them in the end tho.

    Yeah that's cause they were holding the game hostage and not your average match

  • The Killer should be able to open the exit gate AT ANY TIME in the match.

  • Wow. So, if survivors run at the killer, they're toxic. But now they can't hide either?

    Guess the only option is to run and stand a hooks then.

    Survivors apparently have sh!t in the forums.

  • It's basically your own fault for not finding one of them. You probably just got stinky eyes n you should have gone to Specsavers.

  • There definitely should be a timer in games. If you three gen yourself, that's your problem. And yes, many a survivor game I've been part of a 3 gen. I've never said, "damn this killer for 3 genning us". It was our fault for not paying better attention.

  • @Xornedge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2009438#Comment_2009438

    Yeah that's cause they were holding the game hostage and not your average match

    Very true they were. But at the same time everytime I walked off they tired to fix a gen so it wasn't like they were not trying to escape. dr is just hard to hide from

1 2 3 ›