Please ban all survivors who play immersed

7 whole minutes into the game and I've only saw 1 survivor. After I hooked them, I left to check on gens and after a little bit I noticed they weren't even doing them. They just played immersed hiding just dragging the game out. Tinkerer didn't even set off once in the span of 17 minutes. It was 3 fengs and a claudette who all had the default clothes on. My god the match was so boring I just quit the match and went straight to doctor with whispers slapped on. Never fun playing against survivors who play immersed because 95% of the time they're bad in chase and drop pallets early.

Comments

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005240#Comment_2005240

    You're basically camping gens cause you're not doing anything else than just going from gen to gen and ignoring every survivor to the point you'll make them quit.

    This already happens with doctor but it isn't that common, now imagine this change on a high mobility killer....

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GTTF3HIMKN1J/image.png

    And you dont have to "keep pressure" a toxic doctor 3 gen strat build will just ignore EVERY SURVIVOR and just press w and go from gen to gen, basically like a non stop loop, and if a survivor doesn't get off the gen he will just grab him and drop him.

    If a killer wants to be toxic he doesn't care if he has to do that for 30 minutes, he just want to make the survivor suffer that's all.

    NOW making this work as every killer would be game breaking and would just make every survivor leave (yeah not every killer will play like this, but im sure if the game isn't going as the killer wants it to be, he will ofc do this strat)

    Fact is if the killer is good enough to keep 4 people away from 3 gens all by himself, you aren't winning that game regardless. Best you can hope for is a hatch escape for 1, why drag it out?

    You dont have to be good when gens are close enough all you have to is press W and go from gen to gen and ignore anything that happens.

    There isn't a "fact" and you're not winning the game isn't a argument, so we should end the game once the doors are open cause the killer isn't getting a 4k at that point? Is that fair to you?

    Third, appropriately enough, the three gen situation is largely survivor caused. Survivors choose which gens to focus on repairing, and if they choose wrong, they'll put themselves in a bad position near the end. So the survivor got themselves into a mess they can't fix, and now want to drag out the game forever because they know how unlikely a win is, why should that be rewarded?

    Most of the time yes, but we're talking about what most killer would do:

    1. Everyone loads in the game
    2. The killer would go directly to camp 3 gens and he wouldn't move from that zone
    3. The killer waits for 4 gens to get done
    4. Now the killer will just press W and ignore anything that happens in the game, he will keep doing this
    5. NOW if we add OP's idea to the game the killer in this situation would just win for not doing anything.

    Do you even see how BAD this situation would be for the game, or you're just trolling?

    "EDIT: And if we want a solution RN then make it so the killer can go to the basement and power all gens, this activates the end game collapse and survivors should open the doors."

    I think you added this after my first reply. So you don't think a killer deserves to win for keeping a solid defense, but the survivors should get a win literally handed to them by the killer for... What reason exactly? Because they refused to play the objectives?

  • -Survivors playing a slow game "Me no like this it take too long ban them"

    -Survivors gen rush "Me no like this either too hard no counter play nerf them"

    Essentially half these posts are nerf this or ban that because people aren't playing the game the way that I want them to.

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004895#Comment_2004895

    If you can't see a difference then it isn't worth to argue with u.


    In other words, "u" have no argument.



    @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005183#Comment_2005183

    "Only camping the gens"

    First off, you can't camp 3 gens. Camping implies sitting still, watching 3 gens involves patrolling from one to the other. I know you want to use "camping" for the negative connotations it has on this forum, but the word just doesn't apply.

    Secondly you keep acting like keeping up enough pressure to keep survivors off the gens for 20 minutes is an easy task that requires no effort. Fact is if the killer is good enough to keep 4 people away from 3 gens all by himself, you aren't winning that game regardless. Best you can hope for is a hatch escape for 1, why drag it out?

    Third, appropriately enough, the three gen situation is largely survivor caused. Survivors choose which gens to focus on repairing, and if they choose wrong, they'll put themselves in a bad position near the end. So the survivor got themselves into a mess they can't fix, and now want to drag out the game forever because they know how unlikely a win is, why should that be rewarded?


    Every word of this is 100% fact. Particularly the part about how it is Survivors that cause the terrible 3 gen scenario, not Killers. All you have to do is leave one generator way out in the corner alone and you are golden.



    @kesLV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004661#Comment_2004661

    its gonna force surv to pop up all 5 gens in 3 mins, bad idea

    1.) Survivors already do this.

    2.) How would a 20 minute time limit cause this?


    @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004661#Comment_2004661

    So you wanna push people because they wanna play slow or hide tactics? +200 iq ideas sorry but that is not fair and that coming from killer main.


    I play slow and use hide tactics. I can still SOLO five generators in a whopping 20 minutes. 20 minutes is extremely generous. If they are not done in that time the Survivors are intentionally avoiding objectives.

    @Xornedge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004661#Comment_2004661

    Yes please. Over extending the game for no reason just because you think you can't win is bs. I'd say the time limit should be 12 minutes at most. This will force both teams to be efficient.


    12 seems a little short. I'd go with 20.

    @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005240#Comment_2005240

    You're basically camping gens cause you're not doing anything else than just going from gen to gen and ignoring every survivor to the point you'll make them quit.

    This already happens with doctor but it isn't that common, now imagine this change on a high mobility killer....

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GTTF3HIMKN1J/image.png

    And you dont have to "keep pressure" a toxic doctor 3 gen strat build will just ignore EVERY SURVIVOR and just press w and go from gen to gen, basically like a non stop loop, and if a survivor doesn't get off the gen he will just grab him and drop him.

    If a killer wants to be toxic he doesn't care if he has to do that for 30 minutes, he just want to make the survivor suffer that's all.

    NOW making this work as every killer would be game breaking and would just make every survivor leave (yeah not every killer will play like this, but im sure if the game isn't going as the killer wants it to be, he will ofc do this strat)

    Fact is if the killer is good enough to keep 4 people away from 3 gens all by himself, you aren't winning that game regardless. Best you can hope for is a hatch escape for 1, why drag it out?

    You dont have to be good when gens are close enough all you have to is press W and go from gen to gen and ignore anything that happens.

    There isn't a "fact" and you're not winning the game isn't a argument, so we should end the game once the doors are open cause the killer isn't getting a 4k at that point? Is that fair to you?

    Third, appropriately enough, the three gen situation is largely survivor caused. Survivors choose which gens to focus on repairing, and if they choose wrong, they'll put themselves in a bad position near the end. So the survivor got themselves into a mess they can't fix, and now want to drag out the game forever because they know how unlikely a win is, why should that be rewarded?

    Most of the time yes, but we're talking about what most killer would do:

    1. Everyone loads in the game
    2. The killer would go directly to camp 3 gens and he wouldn't move from that zone
    3. The killer waits for 4 gens to get done
    4. Now the killer will just press W and ignore anything that happens in the game, he will keep doing this
    5. NOW if we add OP's idea to the game the killer in this situation would just win for not doing anything.

    Do you even see how BAD this situation would be for the game, or you're just trolling?


    The faulty premise with that wall of text is it somehow implies that a Forever Doctor Troll Build is somehow worse at 20 minutes than it is at 45+.


    I did not see one argument to support why letting him go on longer is a better idea.

  • That's not immersed, just trying to hold the game hostage to force a killer dc

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    For a second I thought this was a troll post, but it dovetails into another issue.

    It's not the immersion part, it's the borderline holding the game hostage part.

    I said it before, and I will say it again: the game needs a hard time limit, at which time the Entity takes out every Survivor like the EGC.

    The problem with that is a gen lock. To where the roles are reversed and the killer then holds the game hostage. It's already hard enough to beat a gen lock because you played yourself into being gen locked. Might as well DC if you're gen locked with a time limit.

  • @Katee_Main said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004661#Comment_2004661

    The problem with that is a gen lock. To where the roles are reversed and the killer then holds the game hostage. It's already hard enough to beat a gen lock because you played yourself into being gen locked. Might as well DC if you're gen locked with a time limit.

    What's a gen lock? That's a term I have not seen before.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006211#Comment_2006211

    What's a gen lock? That's a term I have not seen before.

    When you're down to 1-2 generators left and all of them are in extremely close proximity to where the killer can easily patrol them. Mostly happens when you leave the 3 gen cluster (that spawns every game) to be the last 3 gens on the map.

  • @Katee_Main said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004661#Comment_2004661

    The problem with that is a gen lock. To where the roles are reversed and the killer then holds the game hostage. It's already hard enough to beat a gen lock because you played yourself into being gen locked. Might as well DC if you're gen locked with a time limit.


    Then don't be stupid and gen lock yourself. This is a Survivor created problem.

    @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006211#Comment_2006211

    What's a gen lock? That's a term I have not seen before.

    It's when the Survivors are not paying attention and just do any old gens they see, and the next thing they know the last three generators are so close together that it becomes easy for the Killer to lock them down in a very tight patrol, making it extremely hard to get the final generator done.


    Survivor Mains LOVE to whiny about the dreaded "3 gen scenario", despite the fact it is 100% in their control and it is something they do to themselves. It's ultra easy to avoid. Pick one generator out in the boondocks of the map. Now... DON'T DO IT.


    There. You've avoided gen lock. You're welcome.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006211#Comment_2006211

    Then don't be stupid and gen lock yourself. This is a Survivor created problem.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006218#Comment_2006218

    It's when the Survivors are not paying attention and just do any old gens they see, and the next thing they know the last three generators are so close together that it becomes easy for the Killer to lock them down in a very tight patrol, making it extremely hard to get the final generator done.

    Survivor Mains LOVE to whiny about the dreaded "3 gen scenario", despite the fact it is 100% in their control and it is something they do to themselves. It's ultra easy to avoid. Pick one generator out in the boondocks of the map. Now... DON'T DO IT.

    There. You've avoided gen lock. You're welcome.

    Someone's salty. I'm not complaining about a 3 gen. If you get yourself caught in that situation then a time limit would not be very suitable at giving everyone a fair chance to win. The survivors in that situation basically dug their own graves, so give em a chance? Mostly happens when you play solo. Not everybody has a 4 man stacked SWF to play with.

  • Eyy, just as a lot of people around here like to call tunneling and camping a "strategy", so is playing immersed, considering that is the only way to counter those plays.

  • @Katee_Main said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006218#Comment_2006218

    When you're down to 1-2 generators left and all of them are in extremely close proximity to where the killer can easily patrol them. Mostly happens when you leave the 3 gen cluster (that spawns every game) to be the last 3 gens on the map.

    Ok, so in that scenario, how is the killer holding the game hostage? The survivors put themselves in a losing situation by being careless, if they work together they can turn it around, (even solo you can work together, you have points and butt dances) they can pressure 2 gens at once, forcing the killer to choose which to protect hard, keep constant pressure until they break and chase a survivor, and there ya go. If you have less than 3 survivors, you'll probably die, so take the L, learn from your mistakes and move on to the next match.

    The main thing to consider here is the length of time. I, and other are suggesting a 20 minute timer after the last completed gen. If you can't fix the last gen in 20 minutes, you aren't doing it in 40, 60 or 80, so why not end it and let all 5 players move on to the next match? Same reason we have the EGC in the first place.

  • @chadbeastofprey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004661#Comment_2004661

    that's a horrible idea. killers could force a 3-gen, hard camp it, and then just win by timing out.

    playing against immersed survivors isn't fun but there isn't a simple fix.

    then simply balance this issue out? such as stopping the time if the killer is near the gens or if they keep patroling

    they can do literary anything

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004672#Comment_2004672

    then simply balance this issue out? such as stopping the time if the killer is near the gens or if they keep patroling

    they can do literary anything

    That just seems more complicated than it should be and still exploitable and unfun for both sides.

    the person I replied to said that the survivors should just die to the entity after the time is up and that’s just bad. If the egc were to start after a certain time then that would be better.

  • @Katee_Main said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006259#Comment_2006259

    Someone's salty. I'm not complaining about a 3 gen. If you get yourself caught in that situation then a time limit would not be very suitable at giving everyone a fair chance to win. The survivors in that situation basically dug their own graves, so give em a chance? Mostly happens when you play solo. Not everybody has a 4 man stacked SWF to play with.


    Give'em a chance? What? What? What am I even hearing? Are you suggesting the Killer should just LET THEM take the last generator?


    In what universe is this level of kindness EVER bestowed up a Killer player? In what universe does a group of Survivor players go "You know what, guys? We've looped this Killer for like 7 minutes and we are down to our last gen. Let's just let him kill us all, just to make it fair?"

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005601#Comment_2005601

    Maybe luring the killer away, breaking traps. Things take time. Oh, and also, if a hag places all her traps around a three gen, they deserve to wait in that match for a long time.

    Do they take 20 minutes or more?

    If a hag has 3 gens trapped up, crouch through her traps.

  • Then I would suggest practicing your strategy.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006269#Comment_2006269

    Give'em a chance? What? What? What am I even hearing? Are you suggesting the Killer should just LET THEM take the last generator?

    In what universe is this level of kindness EVER bestowed up a Killer player? In what universe does a group of Survivor players go "You know what, guys? We've looped this Killer for like 7 minutes and we are down to our last gen. Let's just let him kill us all, just to make it fair?"

    Not even joking me and my friends let the killers kill us if we know we've pipped. But I was saying in that specific situation you dont wanna let the killer hold the game hostage.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006441#Comment_2006441

    If the killer doesn't want to leave, it isn't a matter of strategy.

    If you really believe that, you may as well just go stand under a hook and wait each match.

  • @swarmofdogs said:

    What I seen more frequently is solo survivors that don't participate in normal play. They concentrate on hiding, waiting for the team to die, then scape through the hatch.

    I usually report them in the post game screen. But I think that report system is a placebo and is mostly there to alleviate post-game salt.

    Really? If that’s what you’re doing then stop it. There is nothing illegal about doing nothing and then wait for the hatch. It may be a newbie strategy but it’s still one that I use from time to time when paired up with idiots that don’t know how to avoid BBQ or go for unsafe hooks (for starters). It may not be a strategy you approve of, but it isn’t against the rules. Stop abusing the report function.

  • Let's say they would. Who would sit there review reports and individually ban 20% of the playerbase?

  • Not a programmer by any means and have a surface understanding of the subject, but I think a fair method to prevent these situations is simple.

    Put in a hidden timer where if no gens are completed within 15 minutes than an EGC starts except the Survivors can't open Exit gates. Instead they have five minutes to do a single gen to keep the game from ending. This can also only happen if NO gens are done in the opening 15 minutes (help prevent Survivors who get three genned from getting screwed over in that instance)

    Than heres the kicker. This way if the Survivors immerse AFTER this, easy ban for holding the game hostage

  • @SilentHillOnDvD said:

    7 whole minutes into the game and I've only saw 1 survivor. After I hooked them, I left to check on gens and after a little bit I noticed they weren't even doing them. They just played immersed hiding just dragging the game out. Tinkerer didn't even set off once in the span of 17 minutes. It was 3 fengs and a claudette who all had the default clothes on. My god the match was so boring I just quit the match and went straight to doctor with whispers slapped on. Never fun playing against survivors who play immersed because 95% of the time they're bad in chase and drop pallets early.

    maybe your just poop?

  • As annoying and boring as that kind of game would be You could argue you're not doing your job as killer so if you can't hook someone within 5 minutes or a timer then maybe the killer should lose the game automatically, don't get me wrong I'm just playing devil's advocate but you can argue both sides are failing if one is doing no gens and the other is finding 0 out 4 survivors - immersed or not.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004845#Comment_2004845

    This already happens during the end game collapse once a door is opened. How is a time limit for the match itself any different?

    alright. time for biography.


    the endgame collapse happens after an exit gate is opened which means they have a chance to leave. if they don't leave before that timer goes off then that's their fault. if there was an overall timer then endgame collapse, and the panic created by it, happens 24/7. what if the killer is running spies, whispers, ruin, and some other tracking perk or gen regression perk while playing as Doctor or something? all they would have to do is patrol 2 or 3 gens and then they'd get an automatic 4k from you're idea of a timer. Endgame collapse is fair different because they failed to walk the 2 seconds it takes to leave through the gate. an overall timer wouldn't be fair because of other tasks like totems/hex totems, healing, GETTING CHASED/LOOPING THE KILLER.

    I really don't understand in the slightest how you think a timer would help this game. low ranked players/new players need to learn how to play, not feel rushed to do a single task. I understand if you're just mad about immersed players but if you can't find a single immersed player then that's your own fault.

  • Holding the game hostage is very much a bannable offence, just report them and hope they look into it.

  • @SilentHillOnDvD said:

    7 whole minutes into the game and I've only saw 1 survivor. After I hooked them, I left to check on gens and after a little bit I noticed they weren't even doing them. They just played immersed hiding just dragging the game out. Tinkerer didn't even set off once in the span of 17 minutes. It was 3 fengs and a claudette who all had the default clothes on. My god the match was so boring I just quit the match and went straight to doctor with whispers slapped on. Never fun playing against survivors who play immersed because 95% of the time they're bad in chase and drop pallets early.

    Its fine to play immersed they just need to do gens which is part of immersion in my case you stealthly do gens and then stealthly escape

  • @SilentHillOnDvD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004685#Comment_2004685

    Highly doubt 4 solo default clothes survivors are purposely holding the game hostage.

    They're playing immersed, yes. But what they did is a whole different level. Also, how do you know they were solo? And saying that all immersed players should be banned is ridiculous.

  • You'll get used to where immersed survivors hide. Just kill off their friends, gen patrol efficiently, and then wait for EGC. Don't be afraid to throw in some BM too; when I played survivor, immersed survivors would literally urban evade around the edges of the map from 5 gens to 5 minutes later after their teammates are all dead.

    That being said, it is a legitimate play style, and isn't that efficient for the most part. Good killers will know not to waste time tracking, and to bring tracing perks in the first place. They'll keep up a strict patrol until they find a weak chain.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006458#Comment_2006458

    Ok, then tell me what you can do to beat a three gen hag that isn't just waiting until she gives up. Since you're obviously SO much better than me.

    I already did.

    Twice.

    Not because I'm better, because I looked up the strategy, tried it, and observed it works more often than it doesn't.

    Of course the best defense is to avoid the 3 gen, leave one gen at the edge alone, and immediately pop the traps around the 3 she's trying to keep. She'll probably get an early hook, and you'll buy time to beat the 3 gen before it starts. Sometimes as solo you'll get teammates that refuse to work together, and then you'll die, but that's pretty much the same with any strategy.

  • You have a problem with immersed survivors? What is that? I'm not even sure I know how that feels.


    (sends out a shock wave, laughs maniacally)

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005350#Comment_2005350

    That has nothing to do with what I said, killers consider toxic survivor clicking their flashlight, BUT a killer doing that is a "simple play style"... double standard, but im not focusing on that.

    I DO want the match to end, but I dont want to be punished for a killer playing like a jerk, if anything he should be the one being punished. Being kill gives u less point and makes you depip.

    "You also talk about someone picking a small corner of the map and patrolling just 3 gens from the beginning to force the 3 gen later. Again, that's a strategy, and one that can be beaten by smart players who apply pressure to multiple gens in his pattern. If he's capable of keeping the pressure on enough to beat that, then guess what, he isn't "doing nothing"

    And did you read the part where I said the killer doesn't care about what survivor are doing?

    As a survivor you can't apply pressure to the killer when he simply doesn't care, he will only care if you touch that generator and you dont move from it, he will just grab you and that would hurt your team even more. (I have played against killer like this, they're rare but if we add that change this would be really common)

    So yeah, read again.

    And you seem to be trolling, cause you're not understanding what im saying a killer would keep doing that for 15 minutes if he needs to, just to ruin your game, cause that's the main mindset a killer will have if he plays like that, basically a loop

    1. Go to generator A
    2. Go to generator B
    3. Go to Generator C

    And if a survivor is there and doesn't want to get off the gen grab him or if you're able to down him, do it. Repeat for 15 minutes so you get a 4k.

    Do you understand that?

    Difference is survivor can counter EGC by just escaping and leaving 1 survivor behind, how do you counter this?

    "I think you added this after my first reply. So you don't think a killer deserves to win for keeping a solid defense, but the survivors should get a win literally handed to them by the killer for... What reason exactly? Because they refused to play the objectives?"

    Didn't you just said:

    "If someone is playing a style you find so abhorrent, why don't you want the match to end? Are you hoping they'll get bored and stop patrolling?"

    I'll apply your logic here too: If you're having a bad time against survivors that are playing stealthy and you're NOT ABLE to find them, dont you just want the game to end?

    So killers should win by pressing W for 15/17 minutes and going from gen A to B and basically ignoring the survivors so the entity kills them for u, but not a survivor which plays stealthy (im not justifying game hostage)

    MY solution still stands using your logic, if a killer can't find a survivor (and that's the killer fault even tho it seems unfair and I understand it) it isn't the survivor fault, just end the game and move on. The killer can look for the survivor and he has perks for that the killer can counter that, that's why the solution should favor survivors cause it's the killer the one who failed and he just want to the end the game.

    What counters do survivor have against the Gen A to gen B if we apply OP's idea? You didn't gave me a single counter.

    I did.

    Twice.

    Seriously, go read. Hell, do a search on these forums and you'll find an entire thread full of ideas how to avoid or beat the 3 gen strategy. It's 1 killer vs 4 survivors, they can only be in 1 place at the same time, even on twins. Divide and conquer.

    As far as why flashlight spamming is considered "toxic" by some but 3 gen defense isn't? I don't consider anything in game to be toxic myself, but I would wager it's because of those two behaviors, one can help with a match, and the other just wastes your batteries and can potentially cause issues for people with epilepsy. As for me? Click away, it's your flashlight.

    I don't consider people playing immersed to be toxic either. You'll note if you look over my comments I've never once claimed it was toxic or abhorrent. To me it's just kinda sad. They know they lost, it's just denial at that point. I keep my patrol and wait until they show up, but if it is a problem for multiple other players, a timer would help, as it did with the EGC, which caused similar frustrations.

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006689#Comment_2006689

    Now I know you didn't read, I asked you "HOW TO COUNTER THE 3 GEN STRAT IF WE ADD OP'S IDEA (KILLING SURVIVOR IN 20 MINUTES IF THEY DONT REPAIR A GEN"

    Already confirmed it.

    And it isn't the survivors fault that flashlight cause epilepsy, if anything I dont think this game is made for epileptic players (look at oni or even a bug is dangerous for their health)

    And well that's your definition of toxic, which is completely fine.

    Most of the times survivor do that I can find them (Im always using a anti stealth perk or information perk) so if I can counter it and you can too, why others can't? isn't that a skill issue

    Sorry, I should have added

    "Do it in under 20 minutes. Given the average total match time isn't even 20 minutes long, this should be pretty easy, and honestly if you can't get 1 gen done in 20 minutes, you're losing either way"

    Is that clear enough for you?

  • @GriffinsMarkGaming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004850#Comment_2004850

    alright. time for biography.

    the endgame collapse happens after an exit gate is opened which means they have a chance to leave. if they don't leave before that timer goes off then that's their fault. if there was an overall timer then endgame collapse, and the panic created by it, happens 24/7. what if the killer is running spies, whispers, ruin, and some other tracking perk or gen regression perk while playing as Doctor or something? all they would have to do is patrol 2 or 3 gens and then they'd get an automatic 4k from you're idea of a timer. Endgame collapse is fair different because they failed to walk the 2 seconds it takes to leave through the gate. an overall timer wouldn't be fair because of other tasks like totems/hex totems, healing, GETTING CHASED/LOOPING THE KILLER.

    I really don't understand in the slightest how you think a timer would help this game. low ranked players/new players need to learn how to play, not feel rushed to do a single task. I understand if you're just mad about immersed players but if you can't find a single immersed player then that's your own fault.


    "Feel rushed to do a single task"


    20 minutes is not rushed. At all.

  • Then face-campers and tunnelers should also be banned. Being stealthy is part of the game you know. There is so few pallets now that if they are new they better be hiding.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006663#Comment_2006663

    But that doesn't work against a hag that stays there. Other killers who three gen, yeah, this'll work on them, but not hag. With hag, the only thing you can do is just hide near there, but not too close, until she leaves because she wants the game to end. With hag you need to wait for a while.

    With Hag, as I stated, you need to be more proactive. You gotta find her 3 gen plan and wreck it early, literally get the best looper in your group to run through her traps on all three, she'll avoid teleporting at first, but it'll get to her. While she's chasing take the middle of her 3 and focus the hell out of it. Use any toolboxes you brought, keep at least 2 people on I and go. Don't let her get comfortable. If she placed the traps a bit out from the gens I like to crouch through so they don't trigger and fix it right under her nose. Same as all Hag strategy, her strength is in her setup, so don't let her get a comfortable setup.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Then face-campers and tunnelers should also be banned. Being stealthy is part of the game you know. There is so few pallets now that if they are new they better be hiding.


    Face-camping and tunneling advance the game objective and bring the match to a close.


    Being stealthy does not. The two are not comparable.


    Also, anyone that says "there is so few pallets now" clearly has never been hit by 19 pallets in one match on The Game.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006576#Comment_2006576

    "Feel rushed to do a single task"

    20 minutes is not rushed. At all.

    so you're just gonna pick and chose what about my reply you're gonna comment on? so you don't actually have a full response to how it would completely mess up large portions of the game for a lot of people?

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006724#Comment_2006724

    "you're not understanding what im saying a killer would keep doing that for 15 minutes if he needs to, just to ruin your game, cause that's the main mindset a killer will have if he plays like that, basically a loop

    1. Go to generator A
    2. Go to generator B
    3. Go to Generator C

    And if a survivor is there and doesn't want to get off the gen grab him or if you're able to down him, do it. Repeat for 15 minutes so you get a 4k."

    This is what would happen if we add OP's idea (and it would happen cause killers are getting rewarded for doing that aka. free kills)

    Is that clear enough to you, or should I explain it on paint?

    I don't know why you think repeating the same crap will somehow make you right, or make a killer able to be 3 places simultaneously, but I do giggle a little bit every time I see it. Tell me, are you copy pasting, or do you go through the work of typing the same nonsense out time after time?

    I'm sorry you feel so persecuted by other players in this game. I'm sorry outnumbering the killer 4 to 1 isn't enough of an advantage for you. Most of all, I'm sorry you so routinely 3 gen yourself, to the point it has made it so that you have convinced yourself you just can't win. Sounds rough.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007218#Comment_2007218

    You do realize that hag can hit you when she teleports no matter what. She can hit you when you trigger one, place it again, then if you trigger another one, so the same thing. The only way to beat a three gen hag is to literally take the game hostage.

    Yes, she can hit you when she teleports. That's why you pop her traps in quick succession running through them. If your looper gets caught, someone else should break them while she's carrying to the hook and doesn't want to drop for the TP. This is really basic hag strategy.

  • @GriffinsMarkGaming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006837#Comment_2006837

    so you're just gonna pick and chose what about my reply you're gonna comment on? so you don't actually have a full response to how it would completely mess up large portions of the game for a lot of people?


    Because half of it was not worth replying to and the other half I already replied to in the form of other posters that posted before you.


    But since you want a direct response, here you go:


    The "Just patrol 3 gens and autowin" mechanic is disingenuous. If it worked that easily, people would just do it now with NO time limit. There is this repeat argument in this thread from multiple people that bad behaviors that are already being done with NO time limit (Forever Doc), would somehow be worse WITH a time limit. This is obviously false, because at the very least it takes the "Forever" out of the "Forever" build. Every other point brought up is pure conjecture.

  • @SilentHillOnDvD said:

    7 whole minutes into the game and I've only saw 1 survivor. After I hooked them, I left to check on gens and after a little bit I noticed they weren't even doing them. They just played immersed hiding just dragging the game out. Tinkerer didn't even set off once in the span of 17 minutes. It was 3 fengs and a claudette who all had the default clothes on. My god the match was so boring I just quit the match and went straight to doctor with whispers slapped on. Never fun playing against survivors who play immersed because 95% of the time they're bad in chase and drop pallets early.

    First of all. It’s a game so they can play how they want. Two you can use perks to help spies from the shadows or whispers just because you can’t find them doesn’t mean they should get banned. It’s like the other said saying killers should get banned for camping

  • I play both sides, and this kind of thing can be annoying but doesn't call for a ban. If it did, Iron Will, Fixated, Lightweight, Q&Q, Dance with me and quite a few other perks would be bannable as they encourage/provide options for survivors to evade the killer.

    If you can't find survivors, run Whispers/Spies/etc. play Doc, or acknowledge that they were A. Brand new players or B. Holding the game hostage which is an entirely different issue.

  • Reading that a face value ,its stupid,you cant demand people to get banned because of their play style.

    doesn't matter how bad or scummy it is because by that logic all face campers,gen campers,and every other toxic thing a killer does also deserves to be banned?

  • @RoachesDelight said:

    -Survivors playing a slow game "Me no like this it take too long ban them"

    -Survivors gen rush "Me no like this either too hard no counter play nerf them"

    Essentially half these posts are nerf this or ban that because people aren't playing the game the way that I want them to.

    While you're right, I think you pointed out a larger issue in this game.

    Yes a lot of this forum is salt over not being able to stomp killers/survivors depending on which you play but when you say, "people aren't playing the game the way I want them to." As the common complaint people make I think there's an argument for this game doesnt encourage the type of play people want to see.

    Now there are some who will never be happy unless the game lets them win every time but I want to disregard those people.

    What I want to point out is that this game isn't great at rewarding the type of play we want to see. People can camp, take games hostage, etc with little to no reprocussions and they can do the things we want them to do like save teammates or spread out who they hunt while not being overly rewarded for it. Mean just because the way the game is in its base mechanics getting rid of a survival fast as possible gives you breathing room so people tunnel. There are toxic people who will do it no matter what but I hope you get the point I'm trying to make. The game is built in such a way that unfun play is rewarded instead of the engagement we'd like to see on both sides and I hope to see that change.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005184#Comment_2005184

    In other words, "u" have no argument.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005240#Comment_2005240

    Every word of this is 100% fact. Particularly the part about how it is Survivors that cause the terrible 3 gen scenario, not Killers. All you have to do is leave one generator way out in the corner alone and you are golden.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005353#Comment_2005353

    1.) Survivors already do this.

    2.) How would a 20 minute time limit cause this?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005523#Comment_2005523

    I play slow and use hide tactics. I can still SOLO five generators in a whopping 20 minutes. 20 minutes is extremely generous. If they are not done in that time the Survivors are intentionally avoiding objectives.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005529#Comment_2005529

    12 seems a little short. I'd go with 20.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005306#Comment_2005306

    The faulty premise with that wall of text is it somehow implies that a Forever Doctor Troll Build is somehow worse at 20 minutes than it is at 45+.

    I did not see one argument to support why letting him go on longer is a better idea.

    Think they're trying to imply that in a forever game they have a chance the killer will give up or make a mistake by getting impatient giving them the win, where as in a timed game the killer wins as long as the timer runs out and that having a small chance is better than having no chance at all.

    Personally I'd say if you're gonna implement a timer like this, when it goes off the entity should just kill them all and everyone gets whatever bloodpoint they earned before the time was up. The killer doesn't get the resulting kills and the survivors aren't counted as having escaped. Like the games sick of you not participating so no one wins.

  • @SilentHillOnDvD said:

    7 whole minutes into the game and I've only saw 1 survivor. After I hooked them, I left to check on gens and after a little bit I noticed they weren't even doing them. They just played immersed hiding just dragging the game out. Tinkerer didn't even set off once in the span of 17 minutes. It was 3 fengs and a claudette who all had the default clothes on. My god the match was so boring I just quit the match and went straight to doctor with whispers slapped on. Never fun playing against survivors who play immersed because 95% of the time they're bad in chase and drop pallets early.

    I've said this on both accounts.

    One to stop boosting.

    One to stop survivors from stalling so killer gives up.

    The no time limit thing was a nice concept maybe at one point but the game is far too familiarized now in the community. I think a 10-15 minute match time is reasonable. You want a balance between engagement but also progressing to the next match without being hung up. People saying theyll only play a few a night because some can last up to 45 minutes is crazy. I also think killers like Wraith who do nothing and cost us evader emblems should be worked on. Hopefully this eventually gets addressed. Game is in a better state but an unlimited time limit was not a good idea... ever in a PvP game.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007265#Comment_2007265

    Because half of it was not worth replying to and the other half I already replied to in the form of other posters that posted before you.

    But since you want a direct response, here you go:

    The "Just patrol 3 gens and autowin" mechanic is disingenuous. If it worked that easily, people would just do it now with NO time limit. There is this repeat argument in this thread from multiple people that bad behaviors that are already being done with NO time limit (Forever Doc), would somehow be worse WITH a time limit. This is obviously false, because at the very least it takes the "Forever" out of the "Forever" build. Every other point brought up is pure conjecture.

    "If it worked that easily, people would just do it now with NO time limit." People already do this! as for you saying that forever doc being "False", the only difference would be it being called FOREVER. Doc. He'd still be impossible to beat. THIS IS WOULD MAKE IT A LOT WORSE WITH A TIME LIMIT. I'm starting to believe you're either trolling or are so too blind to realize just how broken this would be!

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    For a second I thought this was a troll post, but it dovetails into another issue.

    It's not the immersion part, it's the borderline holding the game hostage part.

    I said it before, and I will say it again: the game needs a hard time limit, at which time the Entity takes out every Survivor like the EGC.


    I semi agree, but then the balance may sway the opposite way and just make killers incredibly patrolly and focus less on chases and more on keeping the game going for ages (i.e. forcing a 3 gen which can be pretty impossible to get rid of in SoloQ) so I'm not sure if this is the way to fix it but man, playing immersed is the most boring ######### and idk why people do it

  • All i see is people taking a game too seriously. like i see no point in complaining unless there is a bug or something is broken. just play as you play and don't cry about stuff. id say if your that mad about it go take a break. go for a walk, call a family member, get some sun, read a book, watch a movie, go for a drive, get some sleep, eat some food, go to the gym, get buff, then come back and cry on a forum. but anyway i got a life so probably wont be back, everyone have a wonderful day and i hope you accomplish something great today. <3 <3 <3 <3

    this.jpeg

    (this is the sun)

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005601#Comment_2005601

    Maybe luring the killer away, breaking traps. Things take time. Oh, and also, if a hag places all her traps around a three gen, they deserve to wait in that match for a long time.

    So there it is, you don’t want a time limit because you prefer the game to become miserable for every body (yes, every body, not just the killer, there’s no way the survivors would enjoy a never ending game).

    I guess you proved the exact opposite point you wanted to prove - a time limit would be GOOD for the game.

1 2 3