Please ban all survivors who play immersed

7 whole minutes into the game and I've only saw 1 survivor. After I hooked them, I left to check on gens and after a little bit I noticed they weren't even doing them. They just played immersed hiding just dragging the game out. Tinkerer didn't even set off once in the span of 17 minutes. It was 3 fengs and a claudette who all had the default clothes on. My god the match was so boring I just quit the match and went straight to doctor with whispers slapped on. Never fun playing against survivors who play immersed because 95% of the time they're bad in chase and drop pallets early.

Comments

  • For a second I thought this was a troll post, but it dovetails into another issue.


    It's not the immersion part, it's the borderline holding the game hostage part.


    I said it before, and I will say it again: the game needs a hard time limit, at which time the Entity takes out every Survivor like the EGC.

  • What ranks were they? Sounds like new kids

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    For a second I thought this was a troll post, but it dovetails into another issue.

    It's not the immersion part, it's the borderline holding the game hostage part.

    I said it before, and I will say it again: the game needs a hard time limit, at which time the Entity takes out every Survivor like the EGC.

    I agree the issue your talking can be solved with having a time limit in the game that ends to prevent it from drawing on.

    But punishing people for playing a particular way isn't the best way.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    For a second I thought this was a troll post, but it dovetails into another issue.

    It's not the immersion part, it's the borderline holding the game hostage part.

    I said it before, and I will say it again: the game needs a hard time limit, at which time the Entity takes out every Survivor like the EGC.

    that's a horrible idea. killers could force a 3-gen, hard camp it, and then just win by timing out.

    playing against immersed survivors isn't fun but there isn't a simple fix.

  • Why even play the game if they're going to be scared of coming across the Killer? I can get being stealthy to escape a chase, but just hiding the whole time?


    I'd just turn on some Mastodon and wait until gen gets worked on.

  • @jester20k said:

    What ranks were they? Sounds like new kids

    I didn't even check I just wanted out of there asap. If I had to guess, they were probably purple rank

  • @Mysterynovus said:

    Why even play the game if they're going to be scared of coming across the Killer? I can get being stealthy to escape a chase, but just hiding the whole time?

    I'd just turn on some Mastodon and wait until gen gets worked on.

    I was like this at first when I played. I hid against a pig in a basement locker all game. I was too scared to play I DCed when she found me.

  • @chadbeastofprey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004661#Comment_2004661

    that's a horrible idea. killers could force a 3-gen, hard camp it, and then just win by timing out.

    playing against immersed survivors isn't fun but there isn't a simple fix.

    If they are really hard 3 genned, isnt it better for a time limit to end the game so the survivors can move on? They won't win, why drag it out?

    Maybe tie it to the number of gens done. 5 up? 5 minute limit. 1 gen left to do? 20 minutes. Each time a gen finishes it resets the timer.

  • That's not being immersed. That's holding the game hostage, learn the difference.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    That's not being immersed. That's holding the game hostage, learn the difference.

    Highly doubt 4 solo default clothes survivors are purposely holding the game hostage.

  • @chadbeastofprey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004661#Comment_2004661

    that's a horrible idea. killers could force a 3-gen, hard camp it, and then just win by timing out.

    playing against immersed survivors isn't fun but there isn't a simple fix.


    I would argue my fix was very simple.

  • There's immersed and then there's holding the game hostage. What you experienced was holding the game hostage, which is banable. Playing immersed is not and even though I dislike my teammates doing it in solo queue I don't think it should be banable.

  • @SilentHillOnDvD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004685#Comment_2004685

    Highly doubt 4 solo default clothes survivors are purposely holding the game hostage.

    Purposefully or not it's still holding the game hostage, which is banable.

  • That's extremely foolish

    You say that we should ban immersed gamers, in an immersed game?

  • I play stealthy as survivor but I gotta agree doing this is stupid and should be punished in some way or another, I at least still do gens and help teammates and take heat when needed but people who do nothing but hide and even go to the extent of still playing to avoid crows, that needs to get punished

  • If you can’t find a single immersed survivor in 17 minutes, the problem isn’t them...

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    For a second I thought this was a troll post, but it dovetails into another issue.

    It's not the immersion part, it's the borderline holding the game hostage part.

    I said it before, and I will say it again: the game needs a hard time limit, at which time the Entity takes out every Survivor like the EGC.

    No. You didn't earn those kills you should not be handed them.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004661#Comment_2004661

    No. You didn't earn those kills you should not be handed them.


    This already happens during the end game collapse once a door is opened. How is a time limit for the match itself any different?

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004845#Comment_2004845

    This already happens during the end game collapse once a door is opened. How is a time limit for the match itself any different?

    Because if the end game collapse has started and the survivors fail to make it out they earned their death. A timer would award a killer a 4k if they can just stall long enough. 3 gen impossible skill checks doc would be basically an automatic 4k.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004850#Comment_2004850

    Because if the end game collapse has started and the survivors fail to make it out they earned their death. A timer would award a killer a 4k if they can just stall long enough. 3 gen impossible skill checks doc would be basically an automatic 4k.

    I'm not seeing the difference.


    Both are examples of Survivors failing to reach a timer.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004857#Comment_2004857

    I'm not seeing the difference.

    Both are examples of Survivors failing to reach a timer.

    Egc there's no reason they can't leave, other than blood warden. The other is at least partially outside of their control. The killer didn't actually kill them, so they don't deserve the kill.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004895#Comment_2004895

    Egc there's no reason they can't leave, other than blood warden. The other is at least partially outside of their control. The killer didn't actually kill them, so they don't deserve the kill.

    I see no difference between patrolling three gens and patrolling two gates.

  • Yeah id report to be honest.

  • That's not "playing immersed", that is literally holding the game hostage. I hope you reported them.

    PS: The devs are not going to ban survivors for hiding. Were that in a different situation (say, hatch had spawned and they were looking for a key, or if they were in a 3-gen and wanted the others to die), it would've been the smart thing to do.

  • Hate when that happens. Best you can do is report them for holding the game hostage

  • @chadbeastofprey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004661#Comment_2004661

    that's a horrible idea. killers could force a 3-gen, hard camp it, and then just win by timing out.

    playing against immersed survivors isn't fun but there isn't a simple fix.

    The current situation is also not good, that side wins who has more patience. A global timer would remove this patience game.

  • @chadbeastofprey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004661#Comment_2004661

    that's a horrible idea. killers could force a 3-gen, hard camp it, and then just win by timing out.

    playing against immersed survivors isn't fun but there isn't a simple fix.

    I played killer on Xbox more than i do now but i am starting to go back to killer now on pc and i agree with you 100 percent.

    I don't want kills handed to me. That's not killing anyone that's receiving a carry. No one carries me unless it's to a hook lol

  • How about instead banning them we update the afk crow system so it actually works

  • IMO a change to survivors who just basically like to hold the game hostage and not do anything, is why not reveal their aura for a certain amount of time. This is a change personally that I have wanted for a long time, because I get super bored roaming around the entire map not being able to find Blendia's because they want to be immersed instead of doing something so we can all move on to the next game.

  • Ban players if they dont do a gen. I'm rank 1 and get this damn issue, its embarrassing and bloody pointless even playing when my whole team is down in 30seconds of game start and of they even go on gen they miss skill checks..

  • I'd say make it so that if the game does not progress at all within a certain amount of time the endgame collapse starts

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004679#Comment_2004679

    Still that's a stupid idea giving killers free kill for only camping the gens, so that's a hard NO from me

    "Only camping the gens"

    First off, you can't camp 3 gens. Camping implies sitting still, watching 3 gens involves patrolling from one to the other. I know you want to use "camping" for the negative connotations it has on this forum, but the word just doesn't apply.

    Secondly you keep acting like keeping up enough pressure to keep survivors off the gens for 20 minutes is an easy task that requires no effort. Fact is if the killer is good enough to keep 4 people away from 3 gens all by himself, you aren't winning that game regardless. Best you can hope for is a hatch escape for 1, why drag it out?

    Third, appropriately enough, the three gen situation is largely survivor caused. Survivors choose which gens to focus on repairing, and if they choose wrong, they'll put themselves in a bad position near the end. So the survivor got themselves into a mess they can't fix, and now want to drag out the game forever because they know how unlikely a win is, why should that be rewarded?

  • dude if you dont like immersed survivors or this kinda ######### just get to a highass rank or else run whispers on your builds no one is gonna ban people just cuz they dont played the way you were expecting them to play.

  • That is not playing immersed..

    and Survivors who play immersed shouldn’t be banned.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004661#Comment_2004661

    It should not work on a killer who three gens well though. Imagine dying just because a hag placed all her traps in one area and just sat there.

    I really don’t understand this kind of rebuttal to “let’s introduce a time limit”... like, let’s say the time limit is 30 minutes, and we reach the “3 gen” stage of the game, where the killer “doesn’t deserve the win” because he just camped 3 gens:

    first, it means survivors didn’t care about which gens were being worked on, so presumably only 4 minutes or so have passed since the start of the game. Now, survivors have TWENTYSIX more minutes to finish ONE generator. You’re telling me that it’s “unfair” for the survivors to have this little time?

    luckily survivors taking the game hostage are not “that” common, but it’s certainly the most infuriating part of dbd.

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005240#Comment_2005240

    You're basically camping gens cause you're not doing anything else than just going from gen to gen and ignoring every survivor to the point you'll make them quit.

    This already happens with doctor but it isn't that common, now imagine this change on a high mobility killer....

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GTTF3HIMKN1J/image.png

    And you dont have to "keep pressure" a toxic doctor 3 gen strat build will just ignore EVERY SURVIVOR and just press w and go from gen to gen, basically like a non stop loop, and if a survivor doesn't get off the gen he will just grab him and drop him.

    If a killer wants to be toxic he doesn't care if he has to do that for 30 minutes, he just want to make the survivor suffer that's all.

    NOW making this work as every killer would be game breaking and would just make every survivor leave (yeah not every killer will play like this, but im sure if the game isn't going as the killer wants it to be, he will ofc do this strat)

    Fact is if the killer is good enough to keep 4 people away from 3 gens all by himself, you aren't winning that game regardless. Best you can hope for is a hatch escape for 1, why drag it out?

    You dont have to be good when gens are close enough all you have to is press W and go from gen to gen and ignore anything that happens.

    There isn't a "fact" and you're not winning the game isn't a argument, so we should end the game once the doors are open cause the killer isn't getting a 4k at that point? Is that fair to you?

    Third, appropriately enough, the three gen situation is largely survivor caused. Survivors choose which gens to focus on repairing, and if they choose wrong, they'll put themselves in a bad position near the end. So the survivor got themselves into a mess they can't fix, and now want to drag out the game forever because they know how unlikely a win is, why should that be rewarded?

    Most of the time yes, but we're talking about what most killer would do:

    1. Everyone loads in the game
    2. The killer would go directly to camp 3 gens and he wouldn't move from that zone
    3. The killer waits for 4 gens to get done
    4. Now the killer will just press W and ignore anything that happens in the game, he will keep doing this
    5. NOW if we add OP's idea to the game the killer in this situation would just win for not doing anything.

    Do you even see how BAD this situation would be for the game, or you're just trolling?

    You've said toxic about 5 times there while describing a simple play style.

    Putting aside that even the so called "impossible skill check" doc hasn't been a real build since ruin was nerfed. If someone is playing a style you find so abhorrent, why don't you want the match to end? Are you hoping they'll get bored and stop patrolling?

    You also talk about someone picking a small corner of the map and patrolling just 3 gens from the beginning to force the 3 gen later. Again, that's a strategy, and one that can be beaten by smart players who apply pressure to multiple gens in his pattern. If he's capable of keeping the pressure on enough to beat that, then guess what, he isn't "doing nothing" he's playing defensively. It happens, you outnumber him literally 4 to 1, work as a team and you can overwhelm.

    I'm not trolling, I am honestly confused why you think a 20 minute timer activating late in a game where the average match length isn't even 20 minutes total is a huge thing that would fundamentally change how the majority of killers play, while subsequently removing the tools the survivors already have to counter those same strategies. The EGC timer was created for many of the same reasons people are arguing for a match timer here, yet the sky did not fall and good killers still try to avoid letting survivors get to that stage whenever possible.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    For a second I thought this was a troll post, but it dovetails into another issue.

    It's not the immersion part, it's the borderline holding the game hostage part.

    I said it before, and I will say it again: the game needs a hard time limit, at which time the Entity takes out every Survivor like the EGC.

    its gonna force surv to pop up all 5 gens in 3 mins, bad idea

  • A great example of why killers should always run Whispers. Barring that, From the Shadows or Iron Maiden. Stridor? If you’re not running at least one perk devoted to sense and have everything focused on gen slowdown this can inevitably lead to this possibility happening. If survivors don’t feel like it’s possible to do gens at all, then they won’t. That’s particularly a danger when using Tinkerer. But they never set it off once so this isn’t the case.

    Another remote possibility is that they may all be working on the challenge of hiding close to the killer. All 4 though? Probably not.

  • This is how new players and low rank players play the game. There isn't a meaningful tutorial on game flow or any feedback whatsoever on player efficiency.

    We should be careful what we wish for in terms of match time limits. It sounds great in theory until you get 3 gen forever Docs just trying to time out matches. It already happens.

    I think the better solution is to give players meaningful performance feedback and reflect that in rank/MMR. Somebody isn't doing their job if we're 6 minutes into a match and one gen is done. It's not reasonable to expect 5 minute "comp" gen times, I get that. But there is zero reason for four red rank survivors to all be alive 10 minutes into a game and not have the gens done. Somebody isn't being efficient on objectives and they should be dinged for that.

  • I can't imagine why devs don't just update the AFK crow system to stop situations like this from happening.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    For a second I thought this was a troll post, but it dovetails into another issue.

    It's not the immersion part, it's the borderline holding the game hostage part.

    I said it before, and I will say it again: the game needs a hard time limit, at which time the Entity takes out every Survivor like the EGC.

    So you wanna push people because they wanna play slow or hide tactics? +200 iq ideas sorry but that is not fair and that coming from killer main.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    For a second I thought this was a troll post, but it dovetails into another issue.

    It's not the immersion part, it's the borderline holding the game hostage part.

    I said it before, and I will say it again: the game needs a hard time limit, at which time the Entity takes out every Survivor like the EGC.

    Yes please. Over extending the game for no reason just because you think you can't win is bs. I'd say the time limit should be 12 minutes at most. This will force both teams to be efficient.

  • It can get pretty old but I just change how I kind of view the game. I view it as practicing where are good areas to search for survivors and find the most stealthy survivors. Survivors shouldn't hold a game hostage like this but I'd rather make the most of a game if possible. I mean you could also just go afk for a minute and you'll eventually hear something. Then just facecamp whoever you get. Teach them a lesson

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    I'd say make it so that if the game does not progress at all within a certain amount of time the endgame collapse starts

    Only problem being people might exploit and wait it out until the end game collapse happens. Probably would have to ve something more akin to the entity will come out of the ground rather than giving them an opportunity to open gates. Just trying to be specific, but something like this is probably what you meant.

  • @Snap_Tobiyume said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005303#Comment_2005303

    It is against a killer like hag. If she sets up a three gen early, you can't do #########.

    again, if you can't do #########, then what's the difference in having the game ending after 20 minutes of stale mate?

  • If you don't do gens for more than X secs or heal survivors/unhook survivors for X secs crows start appearing on your head like you're afk, this is disabled on EGC ofc.



    There fixed it for you, Identity V has the same thing.

  • What I seen more frequently is solo survivors that don't participate in normal play. They concentrate on hiding, waiting for the team to die, then scape through the hatch.

    I usually report them in the post game screen. But I think that report system is a placebo and is mostly there to alleviate post-game salt.

  • @Xornedge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2004661#Comment_2004661

    Yes please. Over extending the game for no reason just because you think you can't win is bs. I'd say the time limit should be 12 minutes at most. This will force both teams to be efficient.

    The average match length I have is about 10-15 minutes. This would just encourage gen rushing to the extreme.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2005529#Comment_2005529

    The average match length I have is about 10-15 minutes. This would just encourage gen rushing to the extreme.

    10 minutes on a relatively long match. My average i 8-9 minutes. Past that you have maxed out the survival and hunter categories. But fine lets say the game is especially long so 14 minutes

  • I'm a fan of a different kind of time limit. I say this is a survivor main. If any survivor goes more than 60 seconds without doing one of the following : working on a gen, healing (themself or someone else), being in a killers terror radius, cleansing a totem, or even opening a chest their aura automatically gets revealed to the killer for 60 seconds.

    The only time I would have this not happen is during egc when there's already a timer forcing action or death anyway.

‹ 1 2 3