I don't like the idea of dead by daylight

-Cut insults to kick-start discussion.-

Dead By Daylight should be made much harder, no more aim dressing, no more second chance perks, you want to survive? Work together or die alone. Do you want to kill them all? Train your aim, learn set-ups, and speak up if the power role doesn't feel powerful.

The Killer Power role is a joke, with exceptions. If facing a killer by yourself is not daunting. something is wrong. In a proper asymmetrical game, the power role should be powerful, you should be wary of being near, knowing that getting seen a bad, and getting caught dangerous. It isn't, not to myself or any other truly experienced survivors.

I mean, I run Mettle of Mither, and can still escape without a Survive With Friend squad. That should tell you something is up.

Edit January 12, 2020: I've realized that, Dead by Daylight is not meant to be a challenging game, at least not on the survivor side. The killer side is a whole different can of worms, beyond frustrating unless you play specific killers, Nurse is the only killer the feels like you are the killer, something to be avoided and feared. Very high skill-celling.

Huntress and Deathsligner feel good too, having a range feels good. Huntress more so IMO.

Regardless, the devs should remove match-made ranking altogether, as with how casually balanced this game is, true match-making will never work. Unless.

Anyone, this discussion has given me some kind of answer, not one I wanted, but I asked. I'll leave this thing going, and may bump it, but I'm no longer going to justify my feelings on the survivor gameplay in Dead By Daylight.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859604#Comment_1859604

    I'm getting defensive over the fact that it feels like my point of survivor being relatively easy to learn and master, is being twisted into killer bias. Yes, in fact, the game is in the best balance-wise state it's ever been in. It appears that more changes are made to benefit survivors than killers (see hook counter vs. hook progress in the upcoming mid-chapter.)

    I should not have assumed your reason for using her as your picture; to me she represents what's wrong with the developer's mindset. The entire binding of kin chapter was awful, with broken, unusable perks, buggy killer, janky visual updates the further cripple the consoles and those with affordable computers.

    I apologize, I still believe that survivor is too easy, and that most killers, are pushovers.

    This kind of quote can bite someone in the ass if they're not careful (so is this one but, you know.)

    "Thanks for validating the fact that a biased person can never be overturned, not even with the evidence in their faces."

    I legit wanted to have a discussion with you. The out-of-no where personal attacks threw me off and so I don't really want to continue to bicker. Maybe I did misunderstand you, but either way I don't appreciate being attacked and for that I'm just going to end this discussion after this.

    I appreciate the apology. The only reason I stated my last comment is because of the way you jumped into diverting the overall debate to just aiming at me for my profile picture and accusing me a riding BHVR's rooster (didn't want to risk getting flagged for using the other word). Also, I would never insult someone and call them a "baby killer", don't know where you got that from probably likely from me telling a Killer to try a different side or to get better OR my topic about "helping a baby killer (myself) with builds" in which case it wasn't used as an insult. That term is used negatively so I can see why you think I was being insulting. Either way, I hope you get better and improve.


    Take care.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859570#Comment_1859570

    If you played with @Unicorn as frequently as I do then you’d know that she isn’t anything like what you’re claiming her to be so please come up with a better argument instead of coming up with pointless attacks on her character.

    Thank you <3 D;


    You're the honestly the best person ever v_v

  • To improve the Survivor expierence for new players, they have to "balance" it around potato level (which is okay, cause DBD is supposed to be a casual game IMO). Problem is, that it makes the top tier genrusher groups of Survivors even more powerful. On the other hand, as a killer, I feel like I face "bad" or mediocre survivor teams way more often, than a few months/years ago. So it makes playing killer feel easier, but kinda blurrs the statistics, cause a coordinated Survivor team would probably still steamroll me.

  • @tak47888 said:

    To improve the Survivor expierence for new players, they have to "balance" it around potato level (which is okay, cause DBD is supposed to be a casual game IMO). Problem is, that it makes the top tier genrusher groups of Survivors even more powerful. On the other hand, as a killer, I feel like I face "bad" or mediocre survivor teams way more often, than a few months/years ago. So it makes playing killer feel easier, but kinda blurrs the statistics, cause a coordinated Survivor team would probably still steamroll me.

    Oh ok

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857391#Comment_1857391

    I didn't say "buff killers" meathead. I want survivor to be harder, actually challenging. Sitting on gens is boring, most killers are either an ez win, or a quick loss, and are mostly the former.

    Everyone has been saying to give survivors a secondary objective. People don't realize that having a secondary objective contributes to the game's fun since holding M1 on a gen is simply boring. I agree that increasing gen speed isn't the way to balance the game since it would just make the game boring. Then, everyone just started using ruin undying, which gives survivors an optional secondary objective that, when completed, increases your chance of surviving. But no, guess survivors like to simply hold M1 on a gen for an entire game and escape without doing much.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857395#Comment_1857395

    How new are you that you think rank matters?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857397#Comment_1857397

    By definition if you make survivor harder killer becomes easier. That's how a system with two opposing forces works.

    Not necessarily. Let's create an imaginary situation. Let's say that gens now take 3x longer to be completed but there are much more good mindgameable loops on the maps. Every survivor would have to learn how to loop effectively, since relying on only one teammate wouldn't be viable and also wasting the killer time would be essential so the other survivors can do gens. In this hypothetical world, once per game every survivor would be required to at least be chased by the killer once. Doing gens doesn't require any skill at all, and in this situation, what would be the requirement to escape would be looping which means that you are changing the required skill of the survivor role to be focused on something that actually require skills.


    Just to be clear, I am not saying to gens to take 3x longer. This is simply an example to argue that is possible to make survivors rely more on skill without nerfing the overall role.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    Teamwork, coordination and skill is unexistant in solo q

    Kindred new open handed after care bond empathy alert all the perks that can help you work with your team

    If only there wasn't a select set of perks that didn't stand out so much compared to every thing else

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857395#Comment_1857395

    Who told you ranks define how good someone is in the game?

    I see a lot of potatoes in rank 1.

    Not to mention rank is really gonna mean nothing now it's your reward for how long you can sit on a gen or how much bs your willing to put up with

  • Round and round we go. Same bellyaching that has been going on for years. Take a cue from Cote and go play something else if you mad.

  • @aEONoHM said:

    Round and round we go. Same bellyaching that has been going on for years. Take a cue from Cote and go play something else if you mad.

    Being a dismissive jerk doesn't make my points less valid.

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857387#Comment_1857387

    Kindred new open handed after care bond empathy alert all the perks that can help you work with your team

    If only there wasn't a select set of perks that didn't stand out so much compared to every thing else

    Believe it or not but I used the kindred+OH combo and I've been left until struggle for more than once

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    Teamwork, coordination and skill is unexistant in solo q

    This. Killer mains don't play solo q and it shows.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857426#Comment_1857426

    Neither side is hard. Extremely frustrating depending on several factors. But it's never hard.

    Uh... Survivor IS hard for someone like me.

    I only play killer because the few times I try to play survivor I am just too jumpy to do ANYTHING properly.

    All I'm good for is distracting the killer until I finally die.

    That's the bad thing about the post that started all this - they grouped every kind of survivor together but I've had PLENTY of fun games where I use an ebony Mori to keep track of hook progress; and I let everyone go if it's a fair and fun game.

    But if you troll me I'll just Uno Reverse Card your butt.

  • @Alex_Splicer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857435#Comment_1857435

    Uh... Survivor IS hard for someone like me.

    I only play killer because the few times I try to play survivor I am just too jumpy to do ANYTHING properly.

    All I'm good for is distracting the killer until I finally die.

    That's the bad thing about the post that started all this - they grouped every kind of survivor together but I've had PLENTY of fun games where I use an ebony Mori to keep track of hook progress; and I let everyone go if it's a fair and fun game.

    But if you troll me I'll just Uno Reverse Card your butt.

    You're just not there yet, believe me, play enough and you can solo carry your survivor teammates, both in gen progress and in killer distraction.

  • As someone who plays both sides at red ranks i will say that both sides can be easy or challenging. However the reason why many killers feel their feed back is falling in deaf ears its because it is. For the past few months every single forum post was about nerfing spirit or undying because finding totems is too challenging and when you tell them about their options they say thats not counterplay. Theres even people saying to nerf BBQ which is imo the most balanced perk in the game. Its only been nerfs for killers the few patches and "buffs" that some killers got are laughable and completely useless in higher ranked games. While survivor perks get buffed not the best perks but still more buffed. The clown rework? Dumbest power ive seen since playing this game. You have people admitting that they "frequently" play together meaning with swf and comms of course you're gonna have an easier time playing survivor right? The thing about solo survivor is its always gonna be stressful same as killer but the more you play the easier it gets. Killers will always adapt its only survivors who want something forcefully changed than adapt to it in my opinion.

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859343#Comment_1859343

    See the problem is that there are 4x more survivors than there are killers, I remember when old Freddy was nerfed a week after release because of survivors complaining. Nothing remotely close to this has happened because of solely killer complaints, only when the survivors comparing about something, does anything get changed. This is a fact, observable through the entire change and update the history of the game.

    I didn't have a bad match, I've only had easy ones, there are a few exceptions, but because of how this game is built. in favor of the survivor experience over the killer's experience, killers had to get good, whereas survivors relied on perks they know will never get changed. Any player with the salt of their tears knows this about Dead By Daylight.

    @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857611#Comment_1857611

    I blame the side with more people playing it, and with more influnce over game direction.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857810#Comment_1857810

    It would if the game was built in favor of killers, some aspects of it defintly are, but a majority of matches would not be winnalbe for the killer if the survivors played to their best. As the killer winning more often then nots realies on captolizing on survivor error.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858271#Comment_1858271

    In this case, for this game, where the whole point of even having the killer playable at all, in a 1v1, 2v1, or 3v1 sitation, the killer should always win. A perfect aysmetrical game would have the power role (that's the side that needs to be beaten with coawrdination and teamwork,) should be powerfull.

    Think about it like this, killer can't play the game whiel listening to music and still play at thier best. As evident by streamers, survivors can. The survivor role does not require as much focus to play, and as such, is without a doubt, easier.

    There aren't 4x more survivors than killers. There are 4x more players playing survivor at any given time than they are playing killer. Big difference.

    You are so quick to blame survivors as the reason why Developers are making the game "Survivor-sided" (which isn't even true, and this is objectively demonstrable) but if you want to see who's the most vocal on these forums it's the killers. This forum is a haven for killers complaining left and right about everything. Just looking at the front page right now you can see the topics.

    Why chase status lost in moment when you chasing survivor

    “To make sure Tea-bagging still feels satisfying to our players”

    I just don't care anymore at this point.

    "We don't actively seek to tear down perks just because they are used a lot"

    They've won.


    That's taken from the front page right now. Not even half of it. Nothing but endless killer complaints. The most vocal people telling BHVR what to do are the killers by far. At least on this forum.

  • @GlamourousLeviathan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857406#Comment_1857406

    Not necessarily. Let's create an imaginary situation. Let's say that gens now take 3x longer to be completed but there are much more good mindgameable loops on the maps. Every survivor would have to learn how to loop effectively, since relying on only one teammate wouldn't be viable and also wasting the killer time would be essential so the other survivors can do gens. In this hypothetical world, once per game every survivor would be required to at least be chased by the killer once. Doing gens doesn't require any skill at all, and in this situation, what would be the requirement to escape would be looping which means that you are changing the required skill of the survivor role to be focused on something that actually require skills.

    Just to be clear, I am not saying to gens to take 3x longer. This is simply an example to argue that is possible to make survivors rely more on skill without nerfing the overall role.

    No, he is correct. If you make survivor harder killer does become easier. That is how it works.

    Also your hypothetical situation actually exists right now in the sense that survivors do need looping skills to win. While it's certainly possible to get carried by one amazing teammate in this game, odds are that doesn't happen unless you're in a solid SWF. Survivor teams where 3 of the people can't loop lose pretty fast. And that's a lot more common than you seem to think. Right now, a survivor will get into a chase at least once with the killer in most games. It's exceedingly rare that one person carries the entire game for the other three survivors.

    Making gens 3x longer doesn't change that.

    Further, right now the game is going in the opposite direction you are proposing. The game used to have more leeway for survivors to win with stronger maps that are easier for them to win in. It's slowly been modified to the balance we have today where safe palettes are exceedingly scarce, god windows no longer exist and basically it's much fairer to the killer now compared to how it used to be. BHVR chose to rework the maps and adjust balance difficulty and make other things take longer instead of adjusting gen times. They are absolutely never going to adjust gen times.


  • Be honest, you don't want to play a challenging asymmetrical horror game the requires strategy, thinking and skill to win. 

    You want a cheap power fantasy, where you get to beat the good guys.

    You want to be the villain, without the effort. 

    You want to win, without a chance to lose. 

    You want to bully the puny humans because you don't have the strength of character to fight the real ones.

    You are so scared of failure, that should something challenge to take away the tools you use to cheaply steal victory, you scream about it.

    You are not the main character, you are not the only person playing, you are not entitled to win, no one else is either. 

    Dead By Daylight should be made much harder, no more instadowns, no more easy ways of locating survivors, you want to get kills? Work smart or don’t kill. Do you want them all to survive? Train your stealth, learn how to loop, and speak up if the survivor role doesn't feel like it’s possible to survive.

    The survivor role is a joke, with exceptions. If facing 4 survivors is not a challenge something is wrong. In a proper asymmetrical game, the survivor role should have a chance of surviving, you should be wary of wasting time, knowing that survivors could be doing gens and getting run about is dangerous. It isn't, not to myself or any other truly experienced killers.

    I mean, I run no perks or add ons, and can still get 4 kills against these solo queue pests. That should tell you something is up.

  • "You want to win, without a chance to lose" Dosent that invalidate what you JUST said that the killer role should be a power role (which you can have your own opinion about) and that you should "ask the devs for a killer buff"

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859386#Comment_1859386

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859010#Comment_1859010

    There aren't 4x more survivors than killers. There are 4x more players playing survivor at any given time than they are playing killer. Big difference.

    You are so quick to blame survivors as the reason why Developers are making the game "Survivor-sided" (which isn't even true, and this is objectively demonstrable) but if you want to see who's the most vocal on these forums it's the killers. This forum is a haven for killers complaining left and right about everything. Just looking at the front page right now you can see the topics.

    Why chase status lost in moment when you chasing survivor

    “To make sure Tea-bagging still feels satisfying to our players”

    I just don't care anymore at this point.

    "We don't actively seek to tear down perks just because they are used a lot"

    They've won.

    That's taken from the front page right now. Not even half of it. Nothing but endless killer complaints. The most vocal people telling BHVR what to do are the killers by far. At least on this forum.

    In my defense, that last one's about as big of a mockery of inordinately upset killers as I could put to words.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    Killer has never been easier. You complain survivors don't want a challenge. How much easier do they need to make killer?

    well it's simple when evryone quit cau'z of queue time, since the survivor queue time exploded i got only potatoes half of my match, killer or survivor alike

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860739#Comment_1860739

    No, he is correct. If you make survivor harder killer does become easier. That is how it works.

    Also your hypothetical situation actually exists right now in the sense that survivors do need looping skills to win. While it's certainly possible to get carried by one amazing teammate in this game, odds are that doesn't happen unless you're in a solid SWF. Survivor teams where 3 of the people can't loop lose pretty fast. And that's a lot more common than you seem to think. Right now, a survivor will get into a chase at least once with the killer in most games. It's exceedingly rare that one person carries the entire game for the other three survivors.

    Making gens 3x longer doesn't change that.

    Further, right now the game is going in the opposite direction you are proposing. The game used to have more leeway for survivors to win with stronger maps that are easier for them to win in. It's slowly been modified to the balance we have today where safe palettes are exceedingly scarce, god windows no longer exist and basically it's much fairer to the killer now compared to how it used to be. BHVR chose to rework the maps and adjust balance difficulty and make other things take longer instead of adjusting gen times. They are absolutely never going to adjust gen times.

    Which DbD you are playing? Playing survivor in a optimal SWF takes literally no skill. The only thing you have to do is hold M1 on a gen and hide whenever your friend with OoO says to do so, I know perfectly how it works. It is baffling the quantity of bad survivors who get to red ranks carried by SWF groups. I have already seen survivors who don't even try to loop and simply run in a straight line reaching rank 1 by simply being carried by friends. Survivor is completely braindead role in SWF and may also be in solo queue if you just play to escape. Making survivor harder doesn't necessarily mean to nerf survivor, but just guarantee that survivors would have to have a little bit of skill to get the escape.

  • I wanna feel like prey lol. I like feeling weak and scared its why I usually run stealth builds. Its also why I don't want killers like xenomorph or space stuff in cause I want an actual horror game. Bottom line is a lot of people share my opinion sorry we play the game I guess lol.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    Killer has never been easier. You complain survivors don't want a challenge. How much easier do they need to make killer?

    Sure killers easier when compared to the days the entity wouldn't block windows. When their were far more pallets in the maps. Before bloodlust. Before DS and DH were introduced. I dont think you have a complete understanding of the game if you think playing killer at the top % is easy. I suggest hitting rank 1 with killer for a couple months and tell me its ez mode because it absolutely is not. It is far more complex and difficult than survivor so, dont pretend like it isnt. I prefer killer because it is the more difficult role and I enjoy it. I'm typically a rank 1 both sides and I can tell you without a doubt survivor is chill af compared to killer even solo I dont have much problem. I dont always escape but I will loop a killer for days, get altruism, and hit gens and still pip. It's not hard.

  • I'm right there with you, survivor is way too easy to play. With multiple safety nets even before perk combos and yet we still have survivors complaining it's too hard. Well I think it's supposed to be hard, it should be hard, hell it needs to be a lot harder.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857564#Comment_1857564

    I been recording it on a Excel spreadsheet and I also record my gameplay.

    It's around 70 games worth of data.

    I also recorded how many times I've been camped or tunneled and by whom. It has data such as how many gens were done, how many ppl escaped, how many totems were cleared, what map the game took place. Who the killer was, wrote down if undying/ruin combo used, or NOED, Was the escape thru the gate or hatch, etc.

    I did not pull it out of my butt.

    How could you possibly know how many totems were done?

  • I write down how many totems I've done. But I also make note of totems that were done not by me. I can see other survivor working on totems or the remains of totems that I didn't do. And make note of it.


    It's really not that hard if ur mission is to get rid of totems first. If I'm playing w competent players, I clear totems in the first 2-3 mins of the game.


    What sucks are Nancy's who use inner strength. They have no totems to work with.


    If anything, I'll go back and watch my game to see if I missed anything as I record my games. I have over a 1000 videos.

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    Be honest, you don't want to play a challenging asymmetrical horror game the requires teamwork, coordination, and skill to win.

    You want a cheap power fantasy, where you get to beat the bad guy.

    You want to be the hero, without the effort.

    You want to win, without a chance to lose.

    You want to bully the faceless monster because you don't have the strength of character to fight the real ones.

    You are so scared of failure, that should something challenge to take away the tools you use to cheaply steal victory, you scream about it.

    You are not the main character, you are not the only person playing, you are not entitled to win, no one else is either.

    Dead By Daylight should be made much harder, no more aim dressing, no more second chance perks, you want to survive? Work together or die alone. Do you want to kill them all? Train your aim, learn set-ups, and speak up if the power role doesn't feel powerful.

    The Killer Power role is a joke, with exceptions. If facing a killer by yourself is not daunting. something is wrong. In a proper asymmetrical game, the power role should be powerful, you should be wary of being near, knowing that getting seen a bad, and getting caught dangerous. It isn't, not to myself or any other truly experienced survivors.

    I mean, I run Mettle of Mither, and can still escape without a Survive With Friend squad. That should tell you something is up.

    Sounds like a survivor talking about most killers.

    The killer Power role isn't a joke. You are.

  • @darktrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/217630/survivors-dont-like-the-idea-of-dead-by-daylight

    Sounds like a survivor talking about most killers.

    The killer Power role isn't a joke. You are.

    A very needed comment on this discussion, lots of thought put into it.

  • Killers are not supposed to be the power role. Because being the power role means you control the match and can win by default because you control it.

    The game is way too ez for killers and it is already almost unbearable to play survivor anymore. I can't imagine being new to the game and trying to play it. The idea that killer should never lose and survivors should always be defenseless should end.

  • Nice to see that this post is still relevant. This is a good little essay.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Killers are not supposed to be the power role. Because being the power role means you control the match and can win by default because you control it.

    The game is way too ez for killers and it is already almost unbearable to play survivor anymore. I can't imagine being new to the game and trying to play it. The idea that killer should never lose and survivors should always be defenseless should end.

    the power role is meant to be an obstacle the REQUIREs the combined effort of the other team to beat, not a pushover that can be deemed on very easily

    For an example of what a killer should be, see juggernaut in CoD, the tank for l4d2 PVP, and the hunters from deathguarden (after they were buffed.)

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1866810#Comment_1866810

    the power role is meant to be an obstacle the REQUIREs the combined effort of the other team to beat, not a pushover that can be deemed on very easily

    For an example of what a killer should be, see juggernaut in CoD, the tank for l4d2 PVP, and the hunters from deathguarden (after they were buffed.)

    Imagine trying to power 5 generators if the killer was as powerful as the tank from L4D. That would be impossible. I think you are forgetting that in order to win, the killer has to be stalled long enough for the others to do gens. If he is able to always instantly down, then there is no way to get the objective done. Killers are too overpowered as it is because if you'll watch any random match, the majority of survivors never last a chase longer than a few seconds because of various reasons.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1867118#Comment_1867118

    Imagine trying to power 5 generators if the killer was as powerful as the tank from L4D. That would be impossible. I think you are forgetting that in order to win, the killer has to be stalled long enough for the others to do gens. If he is able to always instantly down, then there is no way to get the objective done. Killers are too overpowered as it is because if you'll watch any random match, the majority of survivors never last a chase longer than a few seconds because of various reasons.

    1. When did I say I wanted killers to always be able to one shot.
    2. If survivor took actual skill, making the killers more powerful could work, but only if skillfully useful stealth was a prioritized option.
    3. By "a few seconds" you mean at least 45 seconds. Sure the first hit may happen because of the killer's stealth, but an away survivor won't get caught out like that. Then the survivors gain at least 15 seconds worth in chase distance, excluding any pallets or windows.
    4. Originally, the only way to escape the killer's grasp was through teamwork, either body blocking hooks, breaking them in front of the killer, pallet stuns of flashlight stuns. Now, there are too many perks for the survivor the give them second chances, which result in laid back play, where survivors don't strive for perfected looping and movement.

    If the devs ever decide to make survivor more skillfully, it would show how truly skilled all those who only play survivor really are.

  • I think I got the point of OP. Survivors using everything that helps them win. Survivors that claim dbd is easy win. You always can make it harder. Play without communication. Play perkless. Or play with no mither only.

    When you don't use overpowered things you may see that victory is harder. And even rank will seem like reflection of skill.

    Same goes with killers.

  • Too bad that your idea of how the game should be is different to what the devs think the game should be. Don't get me wrong, your idea might be cool, it's just not Dead by Daylight. It's a different game altogether. You should probably look for one that suits your tastes.

    Edit because I just realized lol: I feel that the one who does not like the idea of DBD is actually you. I don't think that the idea of DBD is what you described on your post. Lore-wise? Maybe. Gameplay-wise? It's just not it.

  • @TotemsCleanser said:

    Too bad that your idea of how the game should be is different to what the devs think the game should be. Don't get me wrong, your idea might be cool, it's just not Dead by Daylight. It's a different game altogether. You should probably look for one that suits your tastes.

    Edit because I just realized lol: I feel that the one who does not like the idea of DBD is actually you. I don't think that the idea of DBD is what you described on your post. Lore-wise? Maybe. Gameplay-wise? It's just not it.

    You know what? That's fair.

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    Be honest, you don't want to play a challenging asymmetrical horror game the requires teamwork, coordination, and skill to win.

    You want a cheap power fantasy, where you get to beat the bad guy.

    You want to be the hero, without the effort.

    You want to win, without a chance to lose.

    You want to bully the faceless monster because you don't have the strength of character to fight the real ones.

    You are so scared of failure, that should something challenge to take away the tools you use to cheaply steal victory, you scream about it.

    You are not the main character, you are not the only person playing, you are not entitled to win, no one else is either.

    Dead By Daylight should be made much harder, no more aim dressing, no more second chance perks, you want to survive? Work together or die alone. Do you want to kill them all? Train your aim, learn set-ups, and speak up if the power role doesn't feel powerful.

    The Killer Power role is a joke, with exceptions. If facing a killer by yourself is not daunting. something is wrong. In a proper asymmetrical game, the power role should be powerful, you should be wary of being near, knowing that getting seen a bad, and getting caught dangerous. It isn't, not to myself or any other truly experienced survivors.

    I mean, I run Mettle of Mither, and can still escape without a Survive With Friend squad. That should tell you something is up.

    *Killers beats Survivor*

    *Survivor complains about tunneling, slugging, camping, etc...anything the Killer did right to accomplish their primary goal (to kill), despite the Survivor failing their primary goal (stay hidden, win the chase)*

    *Survivor states "I shouldn't HAVE to run DS to enjoy this game" because realistically what they want is to be able to run any desired perk/add-on loadout, and never have to worry about whatever Killer they're facing or the perks they're running, or the strategies they employ being able to beat their own*

    *Cue the biggest eye roll anyone's seen as they drench the forums with their salty tears*

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1862228#Comment_1862228

    You're just not there yet, believe me, play enough and you can solo carry your survivor teammates, both in gen progress and in killer distraction.

    I don't think you comprehend how much of an easily jumpy person I am.

    I get scared as killer when I simply find a survivor out of nowhere.

    But it's fine now anyway, my Xbox died. :(

  • He’s not wrong. Killer IS the easiest it’s ever been.

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857611#Comment_1857611

    I blame the side with more people playing it, and with more influnce over game direction.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857810#Comment_1857810

    It would if the game was built in favor of killers, some aspects of it defintly are, but a majority of matches would not be winnalbe for the killer if the survivors played to their best. As the killer winning more often then nots realies on captolizing on survivor error.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858271#Comment_1858271

    In this case, for this game, where the whole point of even having the killer playable at all, in a 1v1, 2v1, or 3v1 sitation, the killer should always win. A perfect aysmetrical game would have the power role (that's the side that needs to be beaten with coawrdination and teamwork,) should be powerfull.

    Think about it like this, killer can't play the game whiel listening to music and still play at thier best. As evident by streamers, survivors can. The survivor role does not require as much focus to play, and as such, is without a doubt, easier.

    Bud, how many games have you lost where a survivor immediately dced? I’d venture to guess zero. If it’s more than zero... Yikes. This killer is the power role. You can’t 1v1 the killer. You WILL be caught and hooked. It’s unavoidable if the killer is actually skilled at the game. In most cases if the game is made into a 3v1 before the third gen has popped the killer has won.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    Killer has never been easier. You complain survivors don't want a challenge. How much easier do they need to make killer?

    Dude killers need to be spoon fed easy 4ks or they think they went up against a 4man swf. DbD killers are the woooorst, generally. Some exceptions. But most just don't want to get better at the game. They just wanna M1 and BBQ to the next survivor.

  • @Orionbash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857391#Comment_1857391

    Dude killers need to be spoon fed easy 4ks or they think they went up against a 4man swf. DbD killers are the woooorst, generally. Some exceptions. But most just don't want to get better at the game. They just wanna M1 and BBQ to the next survivor.

    "Dude survivors need to be fed essay 4escapes or they think they went up against a sweaty no-lifer. DbD survivors are the woooorst, generally. Some exceptions. But most just don't want to get better at the game. They just wanna M1 gens, DS after not being chased for 50 seconds, and bully the killer."

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1875261#Comment_1875261

    "Dude survivors need to be fed essay 4escapes or they think they went up against a sweaty no-lifer. DbD survivors are the woooorst, generally. Some exceptions. But most just don't want to get better at the game. They just wanna M1 gens, DS after not being chased for 50 seconds, and bully the killer."

    Hey! Look at that. A salty killer main with a sense of humour. 😂 How rare.

  • @Orionbash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1877231#Comment_1877231

    Hey! Look at that. A salty killer main with a sense of humour. 😂 How rare.

    Hey! Look at that. A salty survivor main with a sense of humour. 😂 How rare.

1 2 ›